palidor
05-14-2003, 09:05 AM
You have my condolences.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-14-2003, 09:08 AM
I offer you my pity

RumoredToTheS&N
05-14-2003, 12:19 PM
maybe those guys are minidisc fans. i'm gonna guess that palidor is, anyway. :)
sounds to me like you got a pretty good deal.

RumoredToTheS&N
05-14-2003, 12:23 PM
well, it seemed like a good deal until i saw this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3024379257&category=3281

i guess nobody's seen it. it might have helped if the guy had used the word "dat" in the description. :rolleyes:

Zero23
05-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by ******
wait why... i was under the impression they were the best dat's out there other than the Tascam's.

The M1 is pretty much best portable mini-dat out there. I think you got a pretty good deal.

Just don't see any point in posting about it. I have pity for the poor soul that got your D8. Haven't you had tape issues with that thing?

Brandont_h
05-14-2003, 04:02 PM
I'd like to post in defence of D8's in general, and I know lauren would back me up on this one. . . They're a great little portable deck, and considering the cost of a new M1, I'd pick a lightly used D8 first any day.

-Brandon

Brute Squad
05-14-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by RumoredToTheS&N
maybe those guys are minidisc fans. i'm gonna guess that palidor is, anyway. :)
sounds to me like you got a pretty good deal.

Maybe they're just jealous of the possibility of 3 hours of recording time, the freedom from compression algorithms, and the fact that DAT recorders are less sensitive to the knocks and bumps that can occur during taping a show.

lament
05-14-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by palidor
Originally posted by Sacred Age of Innocence

Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong

Maybe they're just jealous..

Maybe they're just gay

RumoredToTheS&N
05-14-2003, 05:14 PM
but MD's are more compact, less fussy about maintainance and much cheaper than DAT, too, so both formats have their good and bad points.
besides, i would think that the choice of microphone makes a bigger difference in recording quality than media format.

Alias
05-14-2003, 05:47 PM

jealousy jealousy jealousy...

you see...you people will never be as good as fogelgeek here. he's just too bad-ass. i mean, have you ever seen MORE people jealous of a single person(and his "gear") online? it trully is unbelievable. bow down and hail fogelgeek, or prepare to deal with the backlash.

Age Of Empathy
05-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Alias
fogelgeek

sarasvati
05-14-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Brandont_h
I'd like to post in defence of D8's in general, and I know lauren would back me up on this one. . . They're a great little portable deck, and considering the cost of a new M1, I'd pick a lightly used D8 first any day.

-Brandon

Yeah, I will back you up on this one for sure. I just picked up a d8 and I think they're great. No complaints here :)

distance
05-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by RumoredToTheS&N
but MD's are more compact, less fussy about maintainance and much cheaper than DAT, too, so both formats have their good and bad points.
besides, i would think that the choice of microphone makes a bigger difference in recording quality than media format.

for what i spent on my portable MD and my home deck (so i can do digital transfers) i could have bought a D8 and almost bought an m1.

i've had a dat for years now, though and i don't ever see myself using the md again.

distance
05-14-2003, 10:06 PM

you see...you people will never be as good as fogelgeek here. he's just too bad-ass. i mean, have you ever seen MORE people jealous of a single person(and his "gear") online? it trully is unbelievable. bow down and hail fogelgeek, or prepare to deal with the backlash.

my gear rules his gear.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-15-2003, 10:24 AM

Maybe they're just jealous of the possibility of 3 hours of recording time, the freedom from compression algorithms, and the fact that DAT recorders are less sensitive to the knocks and bumps that can occur during taping a show.

Nah not really but if it excites you to think that then fine. I have had opportunities to get DAT's & I've turned them down. I rather know I can go home & know my masters will be in good shape & can even sit for a long time before I touch them & know that I won't have to worry about it mysteriously getting diginoise & other crap.

palidor
05-15-2003, 11:09 AM
Here's a situation for you. I was at the 3-21-03 milwaukee zwan show with PJ pearson (cool guy). he was taping off of a stand with his m1. I wanted to enjoy the show, so rather than taping off the stacks or something I just patched off of his m1 with my minidisc recorder.

the heads on his recorder are fucked, so he has little glitches all over his tape. my recording turned out just fine.

he also lost a phenomenal sounding tape of the 3-20-03 minneapolis show due to his dat heads being fucked.

dat's may have slightly better (but not audible imo) sound quality, but the little quirks and maintenence issues with them are what makes them a pain in the ass. i just spent $300 on a new portable minidisc recorder. money is of no object, i just prefer md because i've never had any issues with my recording heads getting fucked, tapes snapping/getting eaten, diginoise, etc. i don't have to fast-forward through a tape before i can use it to "stretch" it or whatever.. just pop in a disc and go. i've never had a minidisc skip on me. i've never really had any problems with the format at all.

dat kiddies just like to feel more 1337 than everyone else because they spent a few more $$ on their gear. but who's the 1337 one when i got a tape off of your dat, and your copy didn't even turn out?

Brandont_h
05-15-2003, 04:26 PM
I think this is the most angry and defiant I've ever seen palidor in any post, ever.

-Brandon

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-15-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Brandont_h
I think this is the most angry and defiant I've ever seen palidor in any post, ever.

-Brandon

The champ can get angry from time to time, I'd be careful!

Brute Squad
05-16-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Sacred Age Of Innocence
Nah not really but if it excites you to think that then fine. I have had opportunities to get DAT's & I've turned them down.

Who said I was excited? I was just stating the facts.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-16-2003, 05:27 PM

Who said I was excited? I was just stating the facts.

I also stated facts right back. So how about an apple? :)

Brute Squad
05-17-2003, 05:40 PM
I also stated facts right back. So how about an apple? :)

Why don't you try actually arguing, instead of saying the exact same thing I said and being a smart ass?

For the record, the only time I've ever had diginoise problems was when it was recorded like that on the master. If I recall correctly, this only occured twice. One night after the other, at the ...Trail of Dead shows 1/31 and 2/1. Reason: I hadn't run a cleaner through my deck in about six months. And there was only one or two blips on each show. I also just transferred two masters that were two years old. No diginoise at all.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-17-2003, 06:13 PM

Why don't you try actually arguing, instead of saying the exact same thing I said and being a smart ass?

For the record, the only time I've ever had diginoise problems was when it was recorded like that on the master. If I recall correctly, this only occured twice. One night after the other, at the ...Trail of Dead shows 1/31 and 2/1. Reason: I hadn't run a cleaner through my deck in about six months. And there was only one or two blips on each show. I also just transferred two masters that were two years old. No diginoise at all.

Congrats on not having much problems but I've read too many have problems & imo the hassle isn't worth the price. Maybe you aren't in this catagory but some want to feel good about the heavier cash they laid out so whatever.

Ahh a smart ass on the net, who would have ever guessed?

distance
05-17-2003, 08:59 PM

Congrats on not having much problems but I've read too many have problems & imo the hassle isn't worth the price. Maybe you aren't in this catagory but some want to feel good about the heavier cash they laid out so whatever.

i've never had a problem with my dat.
i have physically abused it and even broken the headphone input, but recording/playing it works fine.
i've NEVER had a misload or fuckup while recording that was the fault of the dat.
i have never had diginoise that had anything to do with my tapes or my deck.
i've transferred dats that i've had for 3+ years and have gotten no diginoise.

perhaps the people that have so many problems with their gear don't take care of their decks or maybe buy their gear used?
as far as tons of hassle? all i do is run a cleaner tape every so often.
i haven't missed part of a show because of a disc swap or tape flip since i started running a dat. i wonder why that is.

and as i said before, i blew enough money on MD gear to pay for a dat... and i've used both. and the dat is hands-down better than the md.

guz
05-17-2003, 09:48 PM
jesus, who cares? stop regurgitating the same arguements over this debate every 2-3 months. it's really not all that important.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-17-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by distance

i've never had a problem with my dat.
i have physically abused it and even broken the headphone input, but recording/playing it works fine.
i've NEVER had a misload or fuckup while recording that was the fault of the dat.
i have never had diginoise that had anything to do with my tapes or my deck.
i've transferred dats that i've had for 3+ years and have gotten no diginoise.

perhaps the people that have so many problems with their gear don't take care of their decks or maybe buy their gear used?
as far as tons of hassle? all i do is run a cleaner tape every so often.
i haven't missed part of a show because of a disc swap or tape flip since i started running a dat. i wonder why that is.

and as i said before, i blew enough money on MD gear to pay for a dat... and i've used both. and the dat is hands-down better than the md.

and that is your opinion. Have a nice day

2Scoops
05-18-2003, 12:07 AM

and that is your opinion. Have a nice day

funny. thats my exact opinion as well. i on the other hand have owned 3 mds. 2 are now dead w/ under 2 years of use each. my third one kept getting a-toc errors that annoyed me to no end. i'll never use my md to tape again as long as my dat is available.

dat - 3 years of use. no complaints.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-18-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by 2Scoops

funny. thats my exact opinion as well. i on the other hand have owned 3 mds. 2 are now dead w/ under 2 years of use each. my third one kept getting a-toc errors that annoyed me to no end. i'll never use my md to tape again as long as my dat is available.

Congrats

What md's did you own out of curiosity? I've had both of mine going on 2 years & so far not one problem :)

palidor
05-18-2003, 01:18 AM

these arguments get nowhere, everyone has different personal experiences with the various formats.

i've personally never had a MD unit fail on me or ever give me any trouble whatsoever. as long as you take care of your gear and don't drop it, it shouldn't give you any trouble.

i try to be somewhat neutral, but in my opinion the only real advantage that dat has over md for taping live shows is the recording times. i know a lot of nerds will argue otherwise, but there's no audible difference in sound quality. md's are smaller/more portable (easier to stealth & sneak in places), they typically have much better battery life, they have cheaper media ($1.00-$1.50 for an 80 min disc), and they're more practical for personal use (i.e. mixes, etc). very rarely do i go to shows that don't end or have an encore break before the 80 minute mark, and even then a disc flip isn't much of a hassle.

but what really matters with all of this bs is if people are happy with the format they use. if i use MD and it suits me well, and i make good tapes with it - then great. if you want to spend more and make tapes with dat, and you're happy with it, great. the mics and your knowledge of taping is the biggest determining factor in getting a good tape anyways, minidisc or dat is irrelevent.

distance
05-18-2003, 02:03 AM

i've personally never had a MD unit fail on me or ever give me any trouble whatsoever. as long as you take care of your gear and don't drop it, it shouldn't give you any trouble.
i try to be somewhat neutral, but in my opinion the only real advantage that dat has over md for taping live shows is the recording times. i know a lot of nerds will argue otherwise, but there's no audible difference in sound quality. md's are smaller/more portable (easier to stealth & sneak in places), they typically have much better battery life, they have cheaper media ($1.00-$1.50 for an 80 min disc), and they're more practical for personal use (i.e. mixes, etc). very rarely do i go to shows that don't end or have an encore break before the 80 minute mark, and even then a disc flip isn't much of a hassle.

#1) as far as my mds go, i never had any problems whatsoever with my md gear. i never had a toc error. i've never had a disc fail or whatever.. i only got skips in one show i recorded. my md is 4+? years old now and it's still running fine. i let someone borrow it and a pair of my mics recently to record a show and it did fine.

#2) $1-$1.50 for 80 mins? you can get 90meter dds tapes for $2.25 that will give you 180 minutes in 48khz.

#3) mds aren't THAT much smaller than the m1.

#4) battery life: lithium batteries last 7-10 hrs in an m1 with the backlight off most of the time. they're like $4/pair.
if you dont want to do that, i have some 1800mA rechargables that get me 3+ hours (i've never tried to run them longer than 3ish) that weren't all that much more expensive than the lithiums were.

Halteh
05-18-2003, 09:02 AM
It's sad that we have people here with such insecurities that they can't even admit that a DAT deck is superior to an MD deck. I don't own a beamer, but at least I have the balls to admit that it's better than my Honda. You guys need to seriously just grow up.

palidor
05-18-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Halteh
It's sad that we have people here with such insecurities that they can't even admit that a DAT deck is superior to an MD deck. I don't own a beamer, but at least I have the balls to admit that it's better than my Honda. You guys need to seriously just grow up.

hmm sorry, comparing dat to md is more like comparing an SUV to a motorcycle ;)

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-18-2003, 10:24 AM

Maybe you should considering alot of the people on this board & their insecurity towards being 1337 in a community.

For the last time, each format has its positives & negatives & we all aren't going to scream to the top of our lungs that we have better gear because we spent much more.

Give it a rest & grow up.

Next week lets all discuss how we must be accepted as 1337 on the net!

distance
05-18-2003, 11:41 AM

Maybe you should considering alot of the people on this board & their insecurity towards being 1337 in a community.

For the last time, each format has its positives & negatives & we all aren't going to scream to the top of our lungs that we have better gear because we spent much more.

buying a dat is not exclusive.

yes, each format has its pros and cons, but there are more cons to md when compared to dat.

i'm not saying you or anyone else sucks because they use an md.
dat is simply superior and that's all there is to it. there are a lot of good md recordings... and there are a lot of shows we wouldn't have if it weren't for mds, but to not even acknowledge that dat is superior to md is just burying your head in the sand.
is something going to come along in the future that's superior to dat? i'm sure. dat has been the standard for years and md has never even been close to it.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-18-2003, 01:37 PM

buying a dat is not exclusive.

yes, each format has its pros and cons, but there are more cons to md when compared to dat.

i'm not saying you or anyone else sucks because they use an md.
dat is simply superior and that's all there is to it. there are a lot of good md recordings... and there are a lot of shows we wouldn't have if it weren't for mds, but to not even acknowledge that dat is superior to md is just burying your head in the sand.
is something going to come along in the future that's superior to dat? i'm sure. dat has been the standard for years and md has never even been close to it.

Do you need your ego stroked so much because you spent a bunch on DAT gear? Jesus this arguement is stale & old.

They each have pros & cons & people have their reasons for prefering one over another as far as the use of it goes.

Simple equation here: end of discussion, it is boring.

Unregistered
05-18-2003, 02:18 PM
http://www.linsdomain.com/Derek/i,claudius/hail11.jpg

Brute Squad
05-18-2003, 02:44 PM
hmm sorry, comparing dat to md is more like comparing an SUV to a motorcycle ;)

This is a totally different subject, but SUV < motorcycle in my opinions. Those road-hogging, gas-guzzling, idiot-driven things need to be banned. At least a motorcycle gets good gas mileage and doesn't take up much space, but there are those crotch-rockets with the modified exhaust or whatever that are loud as fuck. At least you can hear them coming so you won't have to look so hard for them.

Brute Squad
05-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Do you need your ego stroked so much because you spent a bunch on DAT gear? Jesus this arguement is stale & old.

They each have pros & cons & people have their reasons for prefering one over another as far as the use of it goes.

I still think you still have your head in the sand. You didn't even listen to or acknowledge what he said. Seriously, he said that having a MD recorder does not make you lesser of a person. If that's not removing oneself from the possibility of appearing/being egotistical, I don't know what is. It sounds to me like you're just jealous and to counter that, you're saying that all the guys with DAT recorders have egos the size of Montana. Why don't you quit hiding behind your internet screen name and be straight with us, instead of avoiding this argument while claiming you're doing otherwise?

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-18-2003, 03:26 PM

I still think you still have your head in the sand. You didn't even listen to or acknowledge what he said. Seriously, he said that having a MD recorder does not make you lesser of a person. If that's not removing oneself from the possibility of appearing/being egotistical, I don't know what is. It sounds to me like you're just jealous and to counter that, you're saying that all the guys with DAT recorders have egos the size of Montana. Why don't you quit hiding behind your internet screen name and be straight with us, instead of avoiding this argument while claiming you're doing otherwise?

Jealous? That is the dumbest thing I've read or heard all day. The arguement is boring. This is like the 125th time we are having it within the last 6 months. I had more then one chance to go DAT & turned it down by MY OWN CHOICE. We all agree to disagree but some of you need your ego stroked a little more so feel free & whack each other off if you must. Go out or something if you need too. While you guys feast off of your excitement for your magical DAT gear, I'm going to go out & have some fun.

P.S. Why do you always sound so angry? Been awhile?

Halteh
05-18-2003, 03:41 PM

Do you actually read the posts here, or do you just reply to them blindly?

Alias
05-18-2003, 04:27 PM
lets all give fogelfag a round of applause. he has managed to make yet another fellow taper/trader jealous of him and his "gear". as he's done to hundreds of others throughout the years. now if only he could come off as this "bad-ass" in reality...man oh man.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-18-2003, 11:17 PM
lets all give fogelfag a round of applause. he has managed to make yet another fellow taper/trader jealous of him and his "gear". as he's done to hundreds of others throughout the years. now if only he could come off as this "bad-ass" in reality...man oh man.

If this is who I think it is, can you email me or send me a PM. Thanks

Slurpee
05-20-2003, 09:26 AM

dat is simply superior and that's all there is to it.

No. MD = $150. DAT = $700. The price difference alone says that the MD has its advantage. And since it IS POSSIBLE to make equal recordings with either, as several SP shows could prove (00.11.01 comes to mind), the DAT cannot be called "simply superior." The fact that most of the better quality shows we have come from DAT represents more the fact that DAT tapers are more committed and more experienced, which is why they spent the money on the more convenient DAT. Many MD tapers are inexperienced and less "into it", and thus they chose the cheaper option. All they are guaranteed to lose is the 3 hour tape length. In addition, the DAT owner is more likely to have money for better mics, another reason why there happens to be more excellent quality tapes made on DAT than MD. But the MD taper, using those mics, could make a tape just as good. The ONLY clear disadvantage of MD is the 80 min. limit, and most alternative bands don't hit that before the encore. There's also the issue of MD "compression", but I'm not sure the difference is audible to any sort of normal human ears.

So:
DAT is simply more convenient.
DAT is simply more expensive.
DAT is simply used by a majority of the better tapers.

but is DAT simply superior? No.

Watch your language, son ;) .

distance
05-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Slurpee

No. MD = $150. DAT = $700. The price difference alone says that the MD has its advantage. And since it IS POSSIBLE to make equal recordings with either, as several SP shows could prove (00.11.01 comes to mind), the DAT cannot be called "simply superior." The fact that most of the better quality shows we have come from DAT represents more the fact that DAT tapers are more committed and more experienced, which is why they spent the money on the more convenient DAT. Many MD tapers are inexperienced and less "into it", and thus they chose the cheaper option. All they are guaranteed to lose is the 3 hour tape length. In addition, the DAT owner is more likely to have money for better mics, another reason why there happens to be more excellent quality tapes made on DAT than MD. But the MD taper, using those mics, could make a tape just as good. The ONLY clear disadvantage of MD is the 80 min. limit, and most alternative bands don't hit that before the encore. There's also the issue of MD "compression", but I'm not sure the difference is audible to any sort of normal human ears.

So:
DAT is simply more convenient.
DAT is simply more expensive.
DAT is simply used by a majority of the better tapers.

Watch your language, son ;) .

so you can buy a portable md recorder that has a digital output now? why don't use tack on to that $150 the cost of a deck with a digital output to be able to have the same capabilities that every dat deck has.

not to mention md gear has gotten a lot cheaper, but still, by the time you buy a portable md and a home deck with a digital out, you're almost guaranteed to have spent enough to pay for at least half of a dat... a dat that on its own can record and do digital transfers.

distance
05-20-2003, 12:47 PM
And since it IS POSSIBLE to make equal recordings with either, as several SP shows could prove (00.11.01 comes to mind), the DAT cannot be called "simply superior." The fact that most of the better quality shows we have come from DAT represents more the fact that DAT tapers are more committed and more experienced, which is why they spent the money on the more convenient DAT.

and since i didn't address this in the other post, i will now.

i am not saying all dat-sourced shows are always better than all md-sourced shows.
there's a lot of crappy/mediocre dat recordings.

i am talking about dat being superior to md as a format and the devices themselves. quality of an individual tape is irrelevant.

guz
05-20-2003, 12:48 PM

not to mention md gear has gotten a lot cheaper, but still, by the time you buy a portable md and a home deck with a digital out, you're almost guaranteed to have spent enough to pay for at least half of a dat...this arguement is stupid. however, i think you're supporting the pro-md arguement here....

2Scoops
05-20-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by guz
this arguement is stupid. however, i think you're supporting the md supporters arguement here....

how is he supporting mds here, he is stating that there is a hidden cost to buying an MD. if you want to do digital transfers you have to spend the cash on a MD deck. thus going the MD route will cost more than the $150 as stated earlier. all distance is saying is that the gap between the prices, is smaller than you think and if you happen to buy a DAT in the future, then the money you spent on MDs could significantly cover some of the cost of buying a DAT. I"ve gone this route (md first then dat) and i feel the same way. no one is arguing that DATs are cheap.

and SAoI, from before, the md units i used before
1: 722
2: 722
3: MD-MT90

guz
05-20-2003, 02:11 PM

how is he supporting mds here, he is stating that there is a hidden cost to buying an MD.one of the pro-md arguements would be it's low cost. he's pointing out that after buying both a portable & home deck, that's it around half the cost of one dat deck.

guz
05-20-2003, 02:15 PM
and SAoI, from before, the md units i used before
1: 722
2: 722
3: MD-MT90 what a shocker! sharp md decks that have either died or found themselves in TOC-land.

distance
05-20-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by guz
this arguement is stupid. however, i think you're supporting the pro-md arguement here....

no, i'm not.
one of the pro-md arguments are that dats are too expensive.
for the price of being able to record and then do a digital transfer for md.. you could spend only a little more money and have a dat and avoid all the cons of minidisc. no disc swaps, no atrac, no toc errors (and i never had any toc errors myself -- but i've also had no tape problems, and i've used FAR more dats than mds)

it's not like i'm speaking about this having never owned an md in my life. i own two md decks. the dat is superior in its capabilities.

guz
05-20-2003, 02:37 PM
you could spend only a little more money and have a dat twice the price doesn't equate to "a little more".

distance
05-20-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by guz
twice the price doesn't equate to "a little more".

when i bought my gear, if i had only spent $100 more i could have bought a dat.

not to mention, you can buy used dats. you don't have to buy an m1 or a da-p1.

guz
05-20-2003, 03:10 PM

when i bought my gear, if i had only spent $100 more i could have bought a dat.

not to mention, you can buy used dats. you don't have to buy an m1 or a da-p1. and you can buy md's used as well. :O

Halteh
05-20-2003, 04:42 PM

Yes, yes it is. NO compression. There is one reason why DAT is superior. Your little rant is related to cost value. We are not discussing cost value. We are discussing which is superior. If my car does 0-60 in 6 seconds and a sports car does 0-60 in 5.999 seconds, it is the sports car that would be be superior. Even though the sports car costs 300% more money! You, like 95% of the people in this thread are missing the point.

If a genie appeared to you this second and offered you a new M1 or a new 702 which would you take? The M1, obviously.

Here is what all you but-munches have been trying to say but can't seem to get across proplerly. This is another obvious one that all you "college grads" are missing. Ready?

Both DAT and MD make great tapes. DAT has clear advanatages, *however* the price difference between DAT and MD is a far more significant difference than the sound quality one can achieve using the aformentioned formats.

This is a fact. If you are still unwilling to accept this you're simply a moron or in some sort of loser denial. END OF DISCUSSION!

--Fares Halteh: silencing Netphoria, one post at a time

Slurpee
05-20-2003, 07:57 PM

Yes, yes it is. NO compression. There is one reason why DAT is superior. Your little rant is related to cost value. We are not discussing cost value. We are discussing which is superior. If my car does 0-60 in 6 seconds and a sports car does 0-60 in 5.999 seconds, it is the sports car that would be be superior. Even though the sports car costs 300% more money! You, like 95% of the people in this thread are missing the point.

If a genie appeared to you this second and offered you a new M1 or a new 702 which would you take? The M1, obviously.

Here is what all you but-munches have been trying to say but can't seem to get across proplerly. This is another obvious one that all you "college grads" are missing. Ready?

Both DAT and MD make great tapes. DAT has clear advanatages, *however* the price difference between DAT and MD is a far more significant difference than the sound quality one can achieve using the aformentioned formats.

This is a fact. If you are still unwilling to accept this you're simply a moron or in some sort of loser denial. END OF DISCUSSION!

--Fares Halteh: silencing Netphoria, one post at a time

Fares, when did you become a total asshole?

Jesus. I could respond to this, but I have this strange feeling that too many conversations with "Alias" and "Sacred Age of Innocence" have reduced you to madness.

Age Of Empathy
05-20-2003, 09:22 PM

Jesus. I could respond to this, but I have this strange feeling that too many conversations with "Alias" and "Sacred Age of Innocence" have reduced you to madness.

Well let me indulge for a moment ... I'm not defending Fares here, but I admit he's right. I am quite openly a shitty taper ... I always seem to fuck it up so my opinion may not be as credible as others. Either way, you will get a better recording with the best portable DAT (m1) rather then the best portable MD. Putting cost aside, DAT's are generally the better format to record on. Maybe I'm flaunting my ignorance here ... but I don't see how people can disagree with that.

Cranny

Halteh
05-20-2003, 10:18 PM

what seems to be confusing you?

Slurpee
05-21-2003, 01:01 AM

what seems to be confusing you?

Heh, only the <i>total</i> part.

Seriously though, I don't rub it in people's faces that I go to college, nor do I mindlessly berate you or anything like that. I didn't understand the tone of your reply... but whatever.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-21-2003, 03:14 AM
No, I think some of you are missing the point. When we have had this discussion of MD vs DAT (mind you both are good to use so we agree on that) I am going by the overall scheme of things which does ******* price & for my money I don't find it to be worth spending double my money to use DAT & that is just my opinion so to each their own. Have a nice day.

Halteh
05-21-2003, 04:12 PM

Heh, only the <i>total</i> part.

Seriously though, I don't rub it in people's faces that I go to college

Neiter do I, I don't goto college.
<a href="http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22890&pagenumber=2">Refer to</a>

nor do I mindlessly berate you or anything like that.
Tell me what was mindless about it? I feel as though I made a worthy argument.

bowmaan
05-24-2003, 11:07 PM
nomad, what?