View Full Version : i shouldn't buy these bootlegs from "dan hewitt" should i?

PMPkInBoi331979
05-09-2003, 10:51 PM
From: "Dan Hewitt" hewittdan@hotmail.com | This is spam | Add to Address Book
To: haveuevrseemtehrain@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: pumpkins boots
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 18:55:13 +0000

hi

below is the list of shows that i have. take a look at it, pick out
what
you want, and make me an offer you think is fair. also, please do not
mention to anyone else that i am offering you these discs. here is the
list:
*lists a bunch of pumpkin and zwan shows*

why would all these people be trying to sell me bootlegs, when bootlegs are supposed to be traded?

Age Of Empathy
05-10-2003, 12:44 AM
Ya buy the CDs from Dan ... he's a good guy. I think I traded with him a while back.

zerozwan
05-10-2003, 01:32 AM
trading? what the fuck are you talking about? i usually pay at least $8-15 PER show. i wouldn't go higher than $20 though.

by the way, it's funny that people keep trying to rip you off.

funny funny ha ha.

Axis of Action
05-10-2003, 01:39 AM
I've traded with him. He's a good guy. AFAIK he isn't a 'seller' - he's a trader.

Brute Squad
05-10-2003, 03:35 AM
He's a shitty taper, IMO. I haven't liked one of the shows he's taped yet that I have. But you're entitled to your own opinion if you have one.

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-10-2003, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Andrew Fogelsong
He's a shitty taper, IMO. I haven't liked one of the shows he's taped yet that I have. But you're entitled to your own opinion if you have one.

......... sorry to hear that

jlo
05-10-2003, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Sehki
I've traded with him. He's a good guy. AFAIK he isn't a 'seller' - he's a trader.

He`s a bad trader in my book, i did 3 trades with him and in all the trades, at least half of them came with flaws and i don`t mean inside the tracks, i mean btw tracks. In fact, there were two cdrs that had a hole in it and one track was ruined(I call this careless). I asked if there was any flaws i schould know and he said NO. Now, hes selling?:rolleyes:
Selling is deadly wrong. :mad: Unfornately, next week i`ll be very busy, but contact me the next one and i`ll do a B&P for you.

distance
05-10-2003, 07:16 AM
if you don't want to buy any from him, you can buy anything off my list:
shows for sale/trade (http://goatse.cx)

the arms of sleep
05-10-2003, 09:52 AM
ummmmm...........who the fuck is this guy? if i'm selling boots, i'd sure like to know where the cash is...........

Dan Elsen
05-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Dan Hewitt traded me two shows a while back. One of them was incomplete, and he had it listed on his site as complete. He also put another show that I didn't need on the disc with it. I emailed him and asked him why, and he didn't really say much, just "what you want as a replacement?". I picked out a different disc, and he said he'd send it right out. When the package came it was the same two original shows he sent me, with the same problems. Total bummer.

Slurpee
05-10-2003, 10:09 PM

Well I guess it would have been better if the shows weren't taped at all, then! Since when do you like Weezer anyway?

Calling anyone who works hard to record shows with good equipment a "shitty taper" is disrespectful.

tweedyburd
05-11-2003, 01:36 AM
Yeah, I did a few trades with him. The first was smooth, and then we did like a 15+ disc trade and a few of the shows had inconsistencies between tracks. I didn't mention anything, because I'm not a Nazi when it comes to that stuff, but then he complained that the Cat's Cradle disc I traded him had flaws when it was a direct copy of the master because the taper gave me a copy straight from his tape (i.e. it's the best representation of the show available). So I was all like WTF?! He complained and never sent me several of the shows he owed me, saying he didn't owe them to me since the discs I sent him were suposedly 'flawed,' but whatever... he's one several Bad Trader lists, so I guess it's my own fault.

Age Of Empathy
05-11-2003, 09:08 AM

Considering your gear is substationally more expensive then is, you can't really expect his recordings to come out at the same caliber as yours. And besides, I'm sure he does have to go through some trouble to get his "shitty" tapes ... and like slurpee said, show some respect.

Dead
05-11-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by tweedyburd
I didn't mention anything, because I'm not a Nazi
Well there's your problem, what you need is a Hitler mentality. :p

Brute Squad
05-11-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Slurpee
Well I guess it would have been better if the shows weren't taped at all, then! Since when do you like Weezer anyway?

Calling anyone who works hard to record shows with good equipment a "shitty taper" is disrespectful.

Fine by me. I wouldn't listen to them anyways.

I was a Weezer fan up until they put out the Green album. The only reason I saw them a second time in '01 was because the Get Up Kids(another band that went south, imo) were opening.

Like I said, you're entitled to your own opinion, just as I'm entitled to mine. Working hard to record shows is pointless if you don't use your head, but I'm jumping to conclusions there, so I won't go there.

Brute Squad
05-11-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Age Of Empathy
Considering your gear is substationally more expensive then is, you can't really expect his recordings to come out at the same caliber as yours. And besides, I'm sure he does have to go through some trouble to get his "shitty" tapes ... and like slurpee said, show some respect.

Substantionally more expensive?! He has the same pair of mics that I do. Yes, he taped with CSBs for a while, but we're at the same level now. As for his deck, a D7 is a dat recorder, and so is the M1 I own. No difference in quality there, just size. The only difference is the battery box, and frankly, I'm impressed that a CS battery box works with SS mics.

Alias
05-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Dan Elsen
Dan Hewitt traded me two shows a while back. One of them was incomplete, and he had it listed on his site as complete. He also put another show that I didn't need on the disc with it. I emailed him and asked him why, and he didn't really say much, just "what you want as a replacement?". I picked out a different disc, and he said he'd send it right out. When the package came it was the same two original shows he sent me, with the same problems. Total bummer.

yeah. he's a great trader. :rolleyes:

Age Of Empathy
05-11-2003, 08:28 PM

Substantionally more expensive?! He has the same pair of mics that I do. Yes, he taped with CSBs for a while, but we're at the same level now. As for his deck, a D7 is a dat recorder, and so is the M1 I own. No difference in quality there, just size. The only difference is the battery box, and frankly, I'm impressed that a CS battery box works with SS mics.

I thought he was going DABs to a Sharp MD? Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else.

zerozwan
05-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by distance
if you don't want to buy any from him, you can buy anything off my list:
shows for sale/trade (http://goatse.cx)
POOPERS!

...literally i guess.