View Full Version : I need help with Fruity Loops! :(

By Starla
05-07-2003, 11:41 PM
I played around with Fruity Loops along time ago, and I remember being able to play with parts of mp3s and layer wavs etc. and I can't figure out how to do it anymore! :(

I have version 3.5.6 and I want to be able to layer different wavs, etc. Can somebody tell me how? Thanks so much! :)

Sarah

Reyngel
05-08-2003, 12:54 AM
That's a ghetto program. Use Sound Recorder, fool. It has a cool "echo" filter.

Smiley
05-08-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by By Starla
I want to be able to layer different wavs, etc. Can somebody tell me how?

I think you need to be more specific about what you're trying to do. Each instrument sample that Fruityloops uses is a .wav file, so you always have many .wav's playing at the same time. I'm not sure what sort of problem you're having.

As for mp3 support, I'm not sure about that. I use Fruityloops 3.4, and I never tried using mp3's with it (nor would I want to... .wav files are better).

By Starla
05-08-2003, 01:21 AM
Hey, thanks so much for your help!

I think what I'm trying to do is:

Let's say I want to sing a song, and then sing my own harmony at a different time. I'm going to record this with my wonderful "Sound Recorder" program in accessories. So now I have a wav file called Sarah1 with the melody and another file called Sarah2 with the harmony and I want to put one on top of the other, but not in Sound Recorder. Is there a way to do it in Fruity Loops and then add drums, etc. afterwards?

Thanks so so much!

StillBecomingApart
05-08-2003, 04:23 AM
Hey, thanks so much for your help!

I think what I'm trying to do is:

Let's say I want to sing a song, and then sing my own harmony at a different time. I'm going to record this with my wonderful "Sound Recorder" program in accessories. So now I have a wav file called Sarah1 with the melody and another file called Sarah2 with the harmony and I want to put one on top of the other, but not in Sound Recorder. Is there a way to do it in Fruity Loops and then add drums, etc. afterwards?

Thanks so so much!

Buy Cubase SX.

Load fruityloops as VST, and then imprt your wavs in cubase.

StillBecomingApart
05-08-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Smiley

I think you need to be more specific about what you're trying to do. Each instrument sample that Fruityloops uses is a .wav file, so you always have many .wav's playing at the same time. I'm not sure what sort of problem you're having.

As for mp3 support, I'm not sure about that. I use Fruityloops 3.4, and I never tried using mp3's with it (nor would I want to... .wav files are better).

There's also support for internal generators and VST/DX instruments.

(Oh, I was forgetting: WRONG FORUM)

Smiley
05-08-2003, 01:43 PM

Ah, I'm sorry... I'm not sure about that. Even if it works, I think you'd have a really hard time adding the drums afterwards, because the timing would be off - unless you're singing along with a metronome or something. Here's what I do:

--use Fruityloops to make a drum track (which I then save to a .wav file)
--use N-track to record vocals, guitars, etc. over the drum .wav that I just created

I used Sound Recorder on my first few attempts at recording, and it didn't take me long to figure out that I needed something better. You should look into a multi-track recording program like N-track. It'll record all of your parts together (lead vocals, backup harmonies, etc). What I mean is if you wanna add harmonies, N-track will let you sing along to the lead vocals that you already you recorded - and you won't have to worry about lining up your separate .wav files afterwards, because it'll do that for you.

I hope this helps. Everybody has their own preferences as far as programs are concerned, so you might wanna try a few of them before you decide on one. I'm just an N-track kinda guy, so that's what I recommend.

By Starla
05-08-2003, 02:53 PM
Actually that helps sooo much. I finally figured out how to import the wav file into a channel last night, but then I had that problem exactly - it was impossible to line anything up, and yah, the drums were a mess! I'll look into that N-track tonight! Thanks so much! :)

Sarah

glasspumpkin
05-08-2003, 05:00 PM
finally, someone else who has praise for N-track............awesome program - davidh:warp: :smoke:

By Starla
05-08-2003, 08:30 PM
Okay! I've just downloaded it and my roommate and I are already excited! I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks again for the help! :)

Sarah

Smiley
05-08-2003, 11:57 PM
No problem. :)

spaceboye
05-09-2003, 04:10 PM
Okay! I've just downloaded it and my roommate and I are already excited! I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks again for the help! :)

Sarah

I have nothing but praise for Ntrack. I have used it for years. There are some things it can't do, but it is a very stable and very versitile program. :) FearFactory (Brad) and I used it to make some good songs on. I also have used cool edit pro and soundforge to pick up the slack that Ntrack can't cover.

Smiley
05-09-2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by spaceboye
I also have used cool edit pro and soundforge to pick up the slack that Ntrack can't cover.

Same here. I love Cooledit's noise removal and Soundforge's compression. I also use Cooledit for normalization, DC bias adjust, fade in/outs, etc. Throw Fruityloops into the mix, and you've got a team of four kick ass programs working on your side.

PkPhuoko
05-10-2003, 03:05 PM
As someone stated before use Cubase SX

StillBecomingApart
05-12-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by PkPhuoko
As someone stated before use Cubase SX

me