View Full Version : Obscure Smashing Pumpkins Peel Sessions Devil Item..


IsMischaCool
05-01-2003, 08:22 AM
I'm selling my "Hot Stuff" devil on eBay. I got given this from my step father years ago, it is the same one as featured on the peel sessions cd cover!

this is a very unique wee piece of smashing pumpkins memorablia. and i'd love it to go to someone who is a big fan.

http://www.ismischacool.com/ebay/Hotstuff1.jpg
http://www.ismischacool.com/ebay/Hotstuff2.jpg
http://www.ismischacool.com/ebay/peelsessions.jpg


You view the ebay auction here!! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=210&item=2526807921&rd=1)

Starting bid is at 10 (about $15US).

or post here if you have any questions!

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-01-2003, 08:47 AM
Are you gay?

IsMischaCool
05-01-2003, 09:00 AM
for the record no. but excuse me? what the hell has that got to do with anything?

Sacred Age Of Innocence
05-01-2003, 09:44 AM
You said to post any questions so I did.

Thanks :)

IsMischaCool
05-01-2003, 09:47 AM
aaaaahhh.. :-)

okay, sorry forgetting a bit angsty there.

:)

If only i had the clown doll aswell, this would be 10x more cool.

Rider
05-01-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by IsMischaCool
aaaaahhh.. :-)

okay, sorry forgetting a bit angsty there.

:)

If only i had the clown doll aswell, this would be 10x more cool.

Correction 10X more lame.

IsMischaCool
05-01-2003, 12:39 PM
no, you know it's good!

to be honest though, i'm actuallyquite surprised nobody is interested in this.

don't make me say something like:

"if you don't have one of these, then you're obviously not a TRUE fan"


;-)

Enzed
05-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Is it just me or does it have a different cover cape?

DoctaSoma
05-01-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Enzed
Is it just me or does it have a different cover cape?

Perhaps the peel sessions devil was in a rush to get to the photo shoot and puts its cape on inside out?

Maybe we could all chip in , buy the devil and tree it out, so that all fans may benefit from this very special piece of Pumpkins memorabilia.

I'll chip in Enzed's blow up sheep for baataa.

IsMischaCool
05-01-2003, 06:53 PM
Um, the cape is completely red on the inside, and yes you can turn it inside out.. the if you look at the peel sessions BACK cover (couldn't find an online gif of it sorry) you'll see it's been turned inside out to shot the words "hot stuff".

it is the exact same one.

:-)

i think it would be fun if this got tree'd out.. :-) now that would be "giving it a good home(s) "

GrungeGuy
05-01-2003, 07:11 PM
Just to clear this up, is this the actual devil in the cover photo, or is it just one you obtained that is the same as the one on the cover?

IsMischaCool
05-01-2003, 07:17 PM
well, i'm assuming it is a mass produced toy, i got it from my step father. so i'm 99.9999% sure it's NOT the one used in the photo.

but it is an identical to the one in the picture, down to the tiniest detail.. :-)

Enzed
05-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by DoctaSoma


Perhaps the peel sessions devil was in a rush to get to the photo shoot and puts its cape on inside out?

Maybe we could all chip in , buy the devil and tree it out, so that all fans may benefit from this very special piece of Pumpkins memorabilia.

I'll chip in Enzed's blow up sheep for baataa.

No, I NEEED my blow-up sheepy. You can borrow Nessie, however.:erm

GrungeGuy
05-01-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by IsMischaCool
well, i'm assuming it is a mass produced toy, i got it from my step father. so i'm 99.9999% sure it's NOT the one used in the photo.

but it is an identical to the one in the picture, down to the tiniest detail.. :-)

So than what's the fucking point?
$15 for something that cost like .50? who cares.

IsMischaCool
05-02-2003, 03:36 AM
grungeguy.

if you're not interested in it, then don't bid.

it's that simple.

DoctaSoma
05-02-2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by IsMischaCool
grungeguy.

if you're not interested in it, then don't bid.

it's that simple.

I have a brand spanking new New Zealand 50c piece. It is in perfect condition, looks nice and shiny, and is an exact replica of one that many celebrities have used to buy things while in New Zealand. Such celebrities ******* Tom Cruise, Gwyneth Paltrow and even that guy who played Frodo and the boy from flipper wearing an SP Heart shirt who I continually forget the name of - oh yeah Elijah Wood. If you are a fan of Tom, Gwyneth, Lord of the Rings, New Zealand, Rugby, think the environment is important, think GWB is a monkey or infact think anything at all then this is important and relevant memorabilia. You want this, or clearly you are not a troo fan.

I know that this is insanely valuable, but I also realise that a piece like this may have sentimental value to some who could not afford its full market value. For this reason I will auction it on ebay with a low reserve of $200

If anyone is really keen and wants it before I put it on ebay then you can have it for $210 as a reward for saving me ebay charges.

Thankyou to all and good luck.

-Ben

p.s you want this

p.ps yes you

IsMischaCool
05-02-2003, 05:10 AM
soooooo much sarcasm.... so much angst.....

and besides NZ 50 cent pieces aren't all that shit hot. sure, it might have a ship on it. and an excellant image of the queen on the back. and surely someone from shortland street called bruce has one aswell.

heck, even grant kiriama from 91zm might have one, and if HE has one, then oh shit, i want one too! please kind friend from the land of the long white cloud, sell me this kiwi treasure.

however why not reduce the price down somewhat. perhaps we can do a trade, i'll give you 100 muskets, and tobacco. and you sell me ALL you're 50 cent pieces that you, and your whanau own.

heck, maybe if you throw in a couple of kiwi-burgers from mcdonalds aswell, i might be tempted by your wonderful offer.


;)

Enzed
05-02-2003, 05:14 AM
GASP?

YUO IS A KOIWI?

IsMischaCool
05-02-2003, 05:31 AM
yes. I am a kiwi.

do i get extra special privledges now or something?

:-)

DoctaSoma
05-02-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by IsMischaCool
yes. I am a kiwi.

do i get extra special privledges now or something?

:-)

No but really, what were the chances that the person I was taking the piss out of by offering a NZ coin was a kiwi.

{Stoned Billy Corgan voice} Pretty Funny

-Ben

P.S You're comeback was poor

IsMischaCool
05-02-2003, 08:47 AM
Blah.. yeah i guess. I'm from Christchurch (born, lived for 13 years).. and wellington (6 years), and i moved to the uk about 4 years ago.

aye. my comeback was *so so*

it's friday, and i'm desperately wanting to get to the pub for lunch time drinks.

Mmmm.. beeeer.


So did you see the pumpkins in auckland or wellington? on the mcis tour? i was at both.

did they make it to nz for machina tour? i can't remember....

guz
05-02-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm pretty sure they sell (or at least sold) these dolls @ Hot Topic.

Dead
05-02-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by IsMischaCool
well, i'm assuming it is a mass produced toy, i got it from my step father. so i'm 99.9999% sure it's NOT the one used in the photo.

but it is an identical to the one in the picture, down to the tiniest detail.. :-)
That is sooooo misleading. You know how many idiots bid on that kind of crap on ebay.

IsMischaCool
05-02-2003, 03:10 PM
That is sooooo misleading. You know how many idiots bid on that kind of crap on ebay.

Well, i didn't mean to be. i still don't see any of what i've said misleading though.

ahhwell, fuck it. the auction is over in like an hour or so. :-)

Well, considering the amount of stuff on ebay these days, i was kinda thinking someone might apreciate this. i guess it'll have to go back in the box in the attic.

anyway who cares.. it's friday night now.. i'm off down the pub again..

Enzed
05-04-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by IsMischaCool
Blah.. yeah i guess. I'm from Christchurch (born, lived for 13 years).. and wellington (6 years), and i moved to the uk about 4 years ago.

aye. my comeback was *so so*

it's friday, and i'm desperately wanting to get to the pub for lunch time drinks.

Mmmm.. beeeer.


So did you see the pumpkins in auckland or wellington? on the mcis tour? i was at both.

did they make it to nz for machina tour? i can't remember....

I saw 'em at the BDO in 1994 and at the Supertent in 1996...they never came after that...