View Full Version : Frank sick with appendicitis


CandyPotter
04-29-2003, 03:18 PM
I just got a call from our friend Frank, he's in the hospital with appendicitis. His appendix was removed last night without complication. He hopes to be going home tomorrow. I'm going to send some flowers to his room at the hospital right now and sign it from everybody. If you'd like to chip in, let me know. Otherwise, please post your get well messages here.

List On Fork
04-29-2003, 03:58 PM
GET WELL

shaniqua
04-29-2003, 05:03 PM
frank! get well soon!

i'll see you in a week!

Jason Smith
04-29-2003, 05:49 PM
get well dood. were you able to sneak your stand into the operating room?

Dead
04-29-2003, 06:01 PM
http://members.rogers.com/zerolove/getwellfrank.jpg

aspecialkid
04-29-2003, 06:03 PM
best of luck,and get well.

GhostChild
04-29-2003, 06:07 PM
I just talked to him too...good thing he caught it in time, I told him stories about when I had mine taken out...and how after the surgery, they make you pee...so anyway...I couldnt pee...so the nurse was like, "ok if you cant this time we will have to use a cathider (spelling?)...so there I was in the bathroom...water running...looking down at my penis saying to it, "come on man...just pee...you dont want that little hose thingy to go up in you...its gonna hurt...just pee for me please"...then I started peeing and I was like, "WOOOO HOOOO!!!!" and the nursed asked if I was ok...and I was like, "yeah im peeing!!!" I dont think I was ever more excited to take a piss in my life.

Anyway...Frank was in good spirits and he should be home tomorrow...glad to see you're doing good Frank =)

Dead
04-29-2003, 06:12 PM
That was a great story. I had a similar experience on the road a couple weeks ago. I was in some shitty rest stop and was like GO GO GO and it finally went and i was like YES!!!!!!!!

sarasvati
04-29-2003, 08:39 PM
get well soon!!! :)

-lauren

Rider
04-29-2003, 09:12 PM
HOpe everything is ok and you get well soon

John :)

ZephZero33
04-29-2003, 09:28 PM
Feel better and hope everything is going good.

-Matt

I wonder if...
04-29-2003, 11:42 PM
I just got back from the hospital where I spent most of the evening with him. Of course, he hasn't had access to a computer, but he did get the bouquet and appreciates all of the support. The flowers are beautiful (and smell quite lovely, too).

As expected, he was in la-la land from the pain meds, but hopefully he will be released tommorrow and not have to spend a third night in that ucky place.

Once again, MUCH thanks to everyone!!!

Elvis The Fat Years
04-30-2003, 02:09 AM
were video recorders allowed in the operating room?

RopeyLopey
04-30-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by GhostChild
I just talked to him too...good thing he caught it in time, I told him stories about when I had mine taken out...and how after the surgery, they make you pee...so anyway...I couldnt pee...so the nurse was like, "ok if you cant this time we will have to use a cathider (spelling?)...so there I was in the bathroom...water running...looking down at my penis saying to it, "come on man...just pee...you dont want that little hose thingy to go up in you...its gonna hurt...just pee for me please"...then I started peeing and I was like, "WOOOO HOOOO!!!!" and the nursed asked if I was ok...and I was like, "yeah im peeing!!!" I dont think I was ever more excited to take a piss in my life.

Anyway...Frank was in good spirits and he should be home tomorrow...glad to see you're doing good Frank =)

Lol, that's really funny story.
Get well, Frank - I still keep my one inside!

distance
04-30-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Dead
That was a great story. I had a similar experience on the road a couple weeks ago. I was in some shitty rest stop and was like GO GO GO and it finally went and i was like YES!!!!!!!!

did a trucker at the rest stop say that if you didn't go they were going to give you a cathider?

MonteLDS
04-30-2003, 12:33 PM
Get better
http://www.ahcpr.gov/consumer/5tipseng/fig2.gif

Dead
04-30-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by distance


did a trucker at the rest stop say that if you didn't go they were going to give you a cathider?
No, but if I didn't go I'd end up feeling funny 'down there' til I stopped in another crappy restroom somewhere else and tried to go again.

CandyPotter
04-30-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Elvis The Fat Years
were video recorders allowed in the operating room?

I would refer you to the taping policy at zwan.com. lol.

CandyPotter
04-30-2003, 11:07 PM
Just as a little update, Frank is still in the hospital. He was pretty out of it when I just talked to him (9pm CST), but I think the reason why he's still there is that he's had a fever since last night. He will really appreciate calls from people. His cellphone battery is dead by now, so if you would like to call his room phone, please email me as I have it.

Red Wine Cage
04-30-2003, 11:37 PM
i want a soundboard copy of his hospital stay. conversations, what he was babbling while under medication, all that.

ava transformer
05-01-2003, 11:17 AM
GET WELL FRANK!!!!

Mone't:)

whiteSPider
05-01-2003, 09:11 PM
you..must..get..better..frank!!! soon...

he called me on tuesday night @ 11pm (PST) telling me he was in the hospital and frank, just to let you know...GET WELL!!!

-robyn

I wonder if...
05-01-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by CandyPotter
Just as a little update, Frank is still in the hospital. He was pretty out of it when I just talked to him (9pm CST), but I think the reason why he's still there is that he's had a fever since last night. He will really appreciate calls from people. His cellphone battery is dead by now, so if you would like to call his room phone, please email me as I have it.

I was there when you called, Candy. ;) Unfortunately, he isn't doing any better than before and he will hopefully be released by Saturday. It is most likely slightly infected and on account of that, he has a fever. He is hardly eating anything, and that is another reason they are keeping him.
He has this Mexican dude for a roommate who was puking his brains out (not 2 feet away from us) after I just got there, and then for about 45 min. kept moaning, "oy, oy" fucking over and over. All Frank said, in his morphinated state, was, "that guy annoys me".
:(

Dead
05-02-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by I wonder if...
All Frank said, in his morphinated state, was, "that guy annoys me".
http://www.phillyburbs.com/educationguide/images/laugh.jpg

CandyPotter
05-02-2003, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by I wonder if...
All Frank said, in his morphinated state, was, "that guy annoys me".


Lol. Poor Frank. I was wondering if he had a roommate or not.

meladori lament
05-02-2003, 09:58 PM
HELLO EVERYONE. FRANK QUINTO NEEDS A KIDNEY!! IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW CAN HELP, PLEASE INSTANT MESSAGE FRANK. SAVE FRANK!! SAVE FRANK!!

CandyPotter
05-03-2003, 12:15 AM
This is overkill, I know, but Frank's home now. Thanks to all the kidney donors. Extra special thanks to those who chipped in for his flowers, it was very gracious of all of you.

meladori lament
05-03-2003, 10:09 PM
thank you everyone for making the telethon such a success. tina yothers wanted to pass the word along that she, "had a great time and was glad to be part of such a good cause". frank will be so happy. we are only $180 short of the kidney that is on ebay. if anyone can help out please contact me. after the spice girls car wash next week we should have enough funds for the new kidney. take care everyone and thanks for all your help. :)

Esty
05-07-2003, 08:32 PM
I saw him yesterday at the Zwan show. God,..no offense, but he looked like hell. He should have rested more. Anything for Zwan I guess.

Dead
05-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Esty
I saw him yesterday at the Zwan show. God,..no offense, but he looked like hell. He should have rested more. Anything for Zwan I guess.
Don't worry, that's what he normally looks like.

meladori lament
05-08-2003, 12:41 PM
i am sorry to say that we lost the ebay auction for franks kidney. with the money we raised for the kidney i went on the riverboat casino last night and tried to double the money so i can import a kidney from south africa. with some bad luck i lost half the money for the kidney. frank and i decided that it would be best if we used the rest of the money to buy some plane tickets to paris, france to see zwan on june 9 and 10. there, frank is going to ask billy if he can donate a kidney. wish us luck on an epic adventure. if anyone would care to join us and show support please email me. thanks