View Full Version : Salt Lake City show (4-28-03)

sminds
04-29-2003, 02:56 PM
The good news is that I recorded it. The bad news is that I screwed up after changing minidiscs. I didn't hold the pause/rec button long enough to put it in manual level mode. So, all I got was distortion for the last few songs. What I did record was everything before Endless Summer. My other stupid move was not realizing I had 14 minutes left before I needed to change the disc. Anyway..... focusing on the positive, I'll get it transferred to my computer hopefully later this week and will offer mp3's, b&P, etc. What I did record turned out very nice, because I was in row C right in front of the right stack. So, it was ear-blowingly loud.

On the subject of the 'other city by the lake', does anyone have a recording of the May 2000 Smashing Pumpkins show at Saltair Pavilion? I know a couple of people recorded it, but they were not in the mood to share as of a few years ago. I've been too disgusted to press the subject again until now. Sorry, I think self-righteous, non-sharing tapers are jerks. I can say that, because I DO take the risk, incur the expense, and go through the hassle to tape. And I DO want to share.

Mike

Bobbin TB
04-30-2003, 04:38 PM
well that kinda sucks about the last few songs. i especially like MSOTS for the encore. but at least its something. i still wonder if it was broadcasted on the radio or not. i saw a radio van outside.

oh and thanks again fot the ride mike. that was awesome.

sminds
04-30-2003, 09:44 PM
You're welcomed, John. I'm just glad I got any of the recording. I was too afraid to fiddle with the sound levels with a security guard right in front of me. Lucky for me I managed to record all of their songs that I like.

I made an AAC file of the first track--Lyric. It can be downloaded from:

http://homepage.mac.com/sminds

It's in the downloads section in the Zwan Live folder.

I think this file is playable with either Quicktime 6 (available free for Mac or PC) or iTunes (only on the Mac).

I'll do more file formats once I get my Audiophile 2496 card and can sample the entire recording. That file was just a quick and dirty attempt to get a sample.

Mike

Affect
05-01-2003, 12:01 AM
Can I get a copy of this show?

sminds
05-01-2003, 02:54 AM
Sure. Anyone and everyone can have a copy. Just give me about a week to get it mastered to CD. Then e-mail me at sminds@mac.com. I'll make copies for anyone who sends me a blank CD-R and a self addressed, stamped mailer.

Mike