View Full Version : The Dears

Injektilo
04-27-2003, 03:16 PM
this is my first such *thumbs up to a band* post, I think i'm allowed one of these every so often.

anyway, these guys are a damn good band. I'd imagine most ontario netphorians at least know of them, but I think the rest of the world needs to know about them.
Everyone compares their sound to the smiths and blur, but from what i know of those two bands, they aren't the first ones i'd compare the dears to. I think the name of their first EP describes them best : Orchestral Pop Noir Romantique.

so uh,,,, go check them out. it might take more than one listen to get the songs stuck in your head, but they'll get there.
and they're even better live than on the albums. possibly the best live band i've ever seen time and time again. they get better every time i see 'em.

/street teaming

oh yeah, if you're downloading anything, don't get anything from "Nor The Daliahs" It's like trying to get into the pumpkins and downloading a bunch of the marked stuff.

THRILLHO
04-27-2003, 10:46 PM
i own Orchestral Pop Noir Romantique, and it's so awesome. but i still haven't heard anything else by them. although i saw some of their videos on thedears.com and they were amazing.
the two women in the band put veruca salt to shame in the tres hottt dept, as well.

Boycott Graceland
04-28-2003, 12:39 AM
i love the dears. i believe i'm their first san diego fan. i saw them on MM while i was at my aunt's house in cleveland about two years ago, and i was hooked. i can't wait to order their new cd (which came out last week).

ps - nor the dahlias is awesome, too. the title track is very pretty.

Jakeez Betbetba
04-28-2003, 04:20 AM
I caught them last summer. They put on a good show.

cap'n jazz
04-28-2003, 09:13 AM
i've heard "heartless romantic". that's good.

Injektilo
04-28-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by shaunna
hay injekticklo they're playing the horseshoe may 17.

aye, and in London on the 16th. Depending on prices, i might try going to both shows. London for sure though.
and then in hamilton on july 5th too!

gotta figure out when tickets go on sale though.