View Full Version : what are the names of these movies?

spa ced
04-18-2003, 03:49 AM
There are 2 movies that I watched when I was younger that just kinda weirded me out and I'd like to know what they were called so I can watch them again and compare how I felt about them then with how I feel about them now. I don't remember a lot of facts so the facts I do remember sound pretty stupid.

The first movie had 2 Lamborghinis. How many fucking movies have 2 lamborghinis?! And in the 80s much less!
Okay the guys are inside someone's stomach and they find an enchilada??
Someone please tell me this isn't Inner Space.

Okay the second movie is a horror movie that involves the passing of a parasite from person to person. I kind of remember a scene where a man goes into a car dealership (?) and passes this large ugly black worm looking type parasite directly to the other guy by opening his mouth.

Anyone?

Anyone???

SuckSuckStyle
04-18-2003, 03:52 AM
I have no idea. okay I have one!!

okay it was a cartoon and it was called something like 'the mouse and his father' or something along those lines. It was about some mouse or something in a toy shop? and he goes on some adventure maybe he was looking for his sister? (NOT an american tale) and i remember some label on a soupcan or something where the picture just went on forever...i don't know. I want to watch it again.

that and the secret of nimh.

spa ced
04-18-2003, 03:55 AM
Just reading your little summary there really made me want to watch An American Tale.

SuckSuckStyle
04-18-2003, 03:56 AM
I found it!!!
this movie freaked me out.

The Mouse and his Child

But this sweet, melancholy fable about a wind-up pair of tin mice--a dancing father and son joined at the hands--explores so many different themes of hope, perseverance, transformation, and the nature of existence (while still managing to be quite funny at times) that it's the sort of book that demands to be kept around for a lifetime of rereading.
The father and son's redemptive quest to become "self-winding" takes them through all sorts of trials, from the toy store to the dump to the swamp and back again, and all along the way the pair runs afoul of Hoban's well-realized and often menacing menagerie of characters, including the slave-driver Manny Rat, the distracted thinker Muskrat, and Crow and Mrs. Crow and their Caws of Art Experimental Theatre Group. (These last provide some of the best scenes in the book, getting a surprising amount of philosophical meat out of a play called The Last Visible Dog: "What doesn't it mean! There's no end to it--it just goes on and on until it means anything and everything, depending on who you are and what your last visible dog is.")

SuckSuckStyle
04-18-2003, 03:58 AM
I want to watch the secret of nimh

Junebug
04-18-2003, 04:00 AM
Originally posted by SuckSuckStyle
I want to watch the secret of nimh

man that movie scared me when I was little. But I remember loving it. The book was good too.

sp_aced I don't think that movie was Inner Space....at least I don't remember any enchilada scene from it and i've seen that movie more than I'd care to admit heh.

04-18-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by sp_aced

Okay the second movie is a horror movie that involves the passing of a parasite from person to person. I kind of remember a scene where a man goes into a car dealership (?) and passes this large ugly black worm looking type parasite directly to the other guy by opening his mouth.

The Hidden, with Kyle MacLachlan

spa ced
04-18-2003, 04:02 AM
My Mello is looking for these here...

1) A movie where these people get locked in a building thats possesed by a demon.

2) The other movie was about a house that killed people in it, and when it killed somebody it's have a new part of the house restored to new. like it killed off this old lady and the solarium had all these dead flowers come to life.

Anyone know the titles?

spa ced
04-18-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by 13

The Hidden, with Kyle MacLachlan

You're awesome.
I love you.

Ugly
04-18-2003, 04:08 AM
The first movie had 2 Lamborghinis. How many fucking movies have 2 lamborghinis?! And in the 80s much less!
Okay the guys are inside someone's stomach and they find an enchilada??
Someone please tell me this isn't Inner Space.

is there an ending where the dude opens up the trunk and this golden light comes out and he's zapped by it?

spa ced
04-18-2003, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by Junebug

man that movie scared me when I was little. But I remember loving it. The book was good too.

sp_aced I don't think that movie was Inner Space....at least I don't remember any enchilada scene from it and i've seen that movie more than I'd care to admit heh.

Heh. Thanks. I don't think it was Inner Space either.
But my friend mentioned that it might be it..and I just want to make sure someone else thinks its not.
I'm not going to rent it to make sure, because I hate hate hate Inner Space.

spa ced
04-18-2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Ugly

is there an ending where the dude opens up the trunk and this golden light comes out and he's zapped by it?

I have no fucking clue.
I was soooo young.
What is the title of that one though?

Junebug
04-18-2003, 04:14 AM

I hate hate hate Inner Space.

:eek: but dude, it's got Dennis Quaid in it! and the Cowboy who says he "makes love with my boots on" and gets digested by Jack!!! How can you not love that movie?!

spa ced
04-18-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Junebug

:eek: but dude, it's got Dennis Quaid in it! and the Cowboy who says he "makes love with my boots on" and gets digested by Jack!!! How can you not love that movie?!

I hated Inner Space mostly because of Martin Short. I can't stand Martin Short.
I did like Dennis Quaid in Undercover Blues though.
That movie rocked. :o :cool:

Ugly
04-18-2003, 04:23 AM

I have no fucking clue.
I was soooo young.
What is the title of that one though?

Death Race?

the only reason I know it is cuz Tarantino used it as insipration for the briefcase in Pulp.

spa ced
04-18-2003, 04:30 AM
Originally posted by Ugly

Death Race?

the only reason I know it is cuz Tarantino used it as insipration for the briefcase in Pulp.

1973? Doubt it.
My movie looked like it came straight out of the 80s.

sarmatianus
04-18-2003, 03:23 PM
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0095384

spa ced
04-18-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by sarmatianus
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0095384

I do believe thats the one!
You're awesome. I love you too!

sarmatianus
04-18-2003, 05:03 PM