View Full Version : Cleaning clicks / pops

porcelinaoceans
04-14-2003, 05:05 PM
-

starlightvideoproductions
04-14-2003, 06:17 PM
Cool Edit pro works great. Under noise reduction there is a click/pop eliminator. It works best to highlight the single click or pop and goto "fill single click/pop"

RumoredToTheS&N
04-14-2003, 06:58 PM
what ^he^ said. cool edit is probably your best bet.

also, i know some folks might get pissed if you traded them anything that had been "altered" in any way. some folks would tell you not to trade it at all. even if you made it absolutely clear prior to the trade that you were offering an altered version, there's no guarantee that the person you're trading with will do the same when he/she decides to trade that particular show later. so, you may be better off just doing these edits for your own benefit only. (unless this is a show YOU recorded and it's your master. then, you can do whatever you please with it.)
any other opinions on this?

sarasvati
04-14-2003, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I agree. If you want to remove the hiss/pops for your own personal use, sure, go ahead...but I think that a lot of traders would prefer to find a source that didn't originally have the hiss or pops in it, rather than trade for an altered source. Either that, or mark down on your bootlist that you used Cool Edit to remove the hiss or pops, and then at least that way, people who are going to be trading with you will know in advance, and can choose whether or not they'd still like that particular show or not.

-lauren

porcelinaoceans
04-15-2003, 05:41 AM
-

MstrGhost
04-16-2003, 11:03 PM
Sure, with it you can select a pathern of ********** noise (if you have a section containing it only) then remove it, but sometimes sound can get muddy. About the edit/bootlist thing, i think you should do whatever you want but mark and state every pop filtered time/type of flaw (sometimes you might be removing well known per master flaws) in a txt file linked to that show so people can decide if they can benefit of your "version" or the "normal". Just an idea.