View Full Version : how outgoing are you?

DeadSwan
04-13-2003, 06:19 PM
it's funny. i can be really, really shy..but then sometimes completely confident and cool, calm and collected...i've been a tour guide and now i talk to people on the phone, and it doesn't bother me at all. weird.

Ghetto_Squirrel
04-13-2003, 06:22 PM
I swing back and forth between really shy and really outgoing. Usually the latter occurs in the company of friends.

DeadSwan
04-13-2003, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Ghetto_Squirrel
I swing back and forth between really shy and really outgoing. Usually the latter occurs in the company of friends.

this is how i am.

Toby
04-13-2003, 06:31 PM
I'm pretty outgoing. I will talk to anyone really. But when in class I rarely say anything or partcipate in class discussion :erm

DeadSwan
04-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Toby
I'm pretty outgoing. I will talk to anyone really. But when in class I rarely say anything or partcipate in class discussion :erm

omg. i'm so talkative in class. well. the classes for my major. people probably think i'm being a kiss-ass, but i just enjoy the material.

Toby
04-13-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by DeadSwan

omg. i'm so talkative in class. well. the classes for my major. people probably think i'm being a kiss-ass, but i just enjoy the material.
I like people like you in class because it takes the attention off those that don't say anything and when the teacher asks a question and there is that uncomfortable silence in the classroom until the talkative person speaks up

shaniqua
04-13-2003, 06:37 PM
i'm quite shy around general people that i'd like to get to know better. the type that seem cooler than me. i don't know.

i try to be as personable and nice as i can to most other people, but that never really goes beyond face value. i'd rather not deal with that. this pretty much describes all of my roommates. i don't like to hang out with them.

at work... i'm absolutely painfully shy. i've never made a friend at work.

i tend to be more open with people i'm more comfortable around. and on the internet.

DeadSwan
04-13-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by shaunna

awww :(

mewl
04-13-2003, 06:39 PM
By nature, I'm a very shy person. But I fucking hate it. And I hate people that cross their arms in front of them and don't look confident. I don't see the point in being shy, so I just force myself to be outgoing and confident and I act crazy.

And people love me for it.

Toby
04-13-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by mewl

And people love me for it.
I do :love:

miss world
04-13-2003, 06:43 PM
if i don't know you, i will generally stay quiet. if you talk to me, i will talk back enthusiastically. if i know you, i never shut up. :)

DeadSwan
04-13-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by miss world
if i don't know you, i will generally stay quiet. if you talk to me, i will talk back enthusiastically. if i know you, i never shut up. :)

word

patrick
04-13-2003, 06:48 PM
i can talk to anyone and everyone, no matter if i know them or not

Future Boy
Originally posted by shaunna
i'm quite shy around general people that i'd like to get to know better. the type that seem cooler than me. i don't know.

i try to be as personable and nice as i can to most other people, but that never really goes beyond face value. i'd rather not deal with that. this pretty much describes all of my roommates. i don't like to hang out with them.

i tend to be more open with people i'm more comfortable around. and on the internet.

This is me, all except the thing about work, I've made some pretty good friends where I've worked, but I think that just has more to do with seeing someone constantly for a period of time and getting comfortable around them, instead of me making an effort. But none have been like, lifelong friendships. But usually I just cant be bothered to try, I tend to find many people irritating.

DeadSwan
Originally posted by failure
i can talk to anyone and everyone, no matter if i know them or not

lucky you!

mewl
04-13-2003, 07:30 PM

I do :love:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!! :D

Random Female
04-13-2003, 07:37 PM
I'm actually quite outgoing. it wasn't until i got out of high school, though, that I became so. I don't know what it is... i just kind of realized that i love people. And it always surprises me how NICE people are when you talk to them. I mean, i think most people are just really shy and so long as you're there to break the ice they love to tlak to you, too. There are, however, a couple of exceptions. I don't like talking when I don't have anything to say just for the sake of saying it or if i feel unconfident about the subject matter. (that's why the internet rocks... you can talk out of your ass and not stick out like a sore thumb!) Sometimes if i'm in a situation where i'm predominantly quiet, people might think i'm a little shy or something. i am, however, getting a little better at that and am learning to steer the conversation towards areas where I can participate or offer my own opinions.

i don't like talking to people n bars i don't know. I think i just don't like that whole "go-to-a-barand-hook up with people" thing. i like actually talking, not superficial bullshit.

and i don't like talking when I know there are certain issues I have to skirt. like... i have this one grandpa that's really conservative, and if i mention ANYTHING remotel ypolitcal he'll go off and talk about the damn liberals and damn democrats and i'm like HELLO you're talking about meeee. heh.

Sepiae
04-13-2003, 08:24 PM
I'm an actress. So there is a certain level of outgoingness there. But I wouldn't go to our cast party because I was too shy about the groups of people I didn't know. So I waffle.

MonteLDS
04-13-2003, 08:43 PM
depends on what is going on and how i feel. some days i can be very outgoing like at SP/zwan shows. But then at another place i might be silent.

oui henri
04-13-2003, 10:25 PM
i'm really shy when i'm first getting to know someone.
once i feel comfortable around them, i let loose.

Best Looking Boy
04-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Random Female
YACK YACK YACK Put a cork in it bitch nobody wants to read your bullshit.

Clash City Rocker
04-13-2003, 10:36 PM
depends on my mood.
sometimes i'm insanely outgoing, and other times, very much not so. what irritates me is when i do have a confidence boost and start talking to someone, and they reply with one word answers.
"ok" "yes" "no" "sometimes" "yeah" "i dunno" etc

Sean Casey
04-14-2003, 10:54 AM
I don't talk to anyone at all

I tried for a while but it hasn't gotten me anywhere, so instead of putting myself through the extreme discomfort of trying to have conversations and make friends, i'm simply just going to try and get along on my own

No matter how much I try to talk to people, nobody is going to want to be friends with a person who shakes uncontrollably and breathes extremely fast and heavy and sweats profusely and stutters every time he attempts to hold a conversation

Cactuar
04-14-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Sean Casey
I don't talk to anyone at all

I tried for a while but it hasn't gotten me anywhere, so instead of putting myself through the extreme discomfort of trying to have conversations and make friends, i'm simply just going to try and get along on my own

No matter how much I try to talk to people, nobody is going to want to be friends with a person who shakes uncontrollably and has breathes extremely fast and heavy and sweats profusely and stutters every time he attempts to hold a conversation i would :love:

Sean Casey
04-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Yes, but would you be friends with someone that types "has breathes extremely fast and heavy"

jesus

Cactuar
04-14-2003, 11:20 AM
Yes, but would you be friends with someone that types "has breathes extremely fast and heavy"

jesus no fuck off you dumb shit

jesus christ i hate you so much

wait jk lol ;) :love: :erm

DeviousJ
04-14-2003, 11:42 AM
I don't know. On the one hand I don't mind talking to people (although it helps if I actually have reason to, instead of just randomly trying to start a conversation) but on the other I can seem pretty distant and attached. Plus I'm naturally soft-spoken anyway, and if I'm having trouble making myself heard I'll probably stop trying. It all depends on who I'm around really, and how I'm feeling that day. But I'm technically an introvert

Sean Casey
04-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Maybe I should try nametags

ChristHimself!
04-14-2003, 12:07 PM
I'm fine around friends and people I know, I don't think anyone is technically being 'outgoing' when they're around friends, it's a different situation than when you have no friends around. At work I talk to people nowadays, I've gone out for a drink right after work with teammates if I've been payed recently etc, but I wouldn't phone them up outside my work time... I mean, they are totally nice people but I don't have a car and I don't wanna have to put effort in to meet up with people I'll see at work anyway. When I'm out with my hubby we are usually on the scene and he gets on really well with people and talks for ages, I find I don't have a lot to say some of the time in that situation and can be pretty quiet.. on the other hand I only get to see the man every couple of weeks so it's nice to sit back and listen to him.

BlueStar
04-14-2003, 01:02 PM
I'm really really shy. I tend to be only talkative and whatnot around people that I know well...or when I've had a lot to drink.

meow
04-14-2003, 01:14 PM
thats like me too.... i will only speak up in class when the answer is like BRUTALLY obvious, and i just want the prof to move on.

obscured01
04-14-2003, 01:19 PM
<font color="DAB9E8">Pretty much, I can't/won't speak to strangers/teachers/other classmates until first spoken to. I just don't.... if someone speaks to me first though, I can deal with that.

I'm usually pretty outgoing and chipper with it comes to those I know though... you usually can't get me to shut up... depending on my mood.
</font>

RopeyLopey
04-14-2003, 01:25 PM
I don't know. With my best friend if we are together we are silent for most of the time. My true friends are the ones that don't mind silence when there's nothing to say. I've even observed I sort of stopped or got tired of making new friends, going through the pain of getting familiar with each other.
If there are more people around, I am usually silent.
I don't let many people to see my inside, as I am scared of getting hurt.
My social skills are rather limited.

Random Female
04-14-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Best Looking Boy
Put a cork in it bitch nobody wants to read your bullshit. there's an ignore feature. it makes life on netphoria much more pleasant.

DeadSwan
04-14-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by RopeyLopey
I don't know. With my best friend if we are together we are silent for most of the time. My true friends are the ones that don't mind silence when there's nothing to say. .

that's nice. i like being able to do that, too.

DeviousJ
04-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Maybe I should try nametags

Hey that shit ain't free

mirrar
04-14-2003, 03:58 PM
i'm really outgoing, but it's weird. i sort of put on a front for people i don't know or i think don't like me, and i'm pretty annoying at first... when people get to know me i'm a lot more.. sensible i guess.