View Full Version : Frontline documentary on PBS- streaming video

Donkey
03-27-2003, 10:46 PM
Here is a link to the PBS Frontline documentary. Very interesting indeed. This is just a documentary I'm posting, it's not meant to reflect my own opinions.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/iraq/view/

Donkey
03-28-2003, 12:39 AM
wow, what a great documentary. It has cleared up some issues for me.

It defenitely supports my arguement that if it was not for Sept 11th, we would not be in Iraq right now.

It doesn't support my arguement that this is a war about oil.

It supports the arguement that this war is about weapons of mass destruction but not too much about liberation.

This is a very balanced documentary. I learned many things that I would rarely see on the major media networks.

The most interesting parts of the documentary are about Paul Wolfowitz and how his doctrines are being used by the administration to shape foreign policy. His doctrines are really the driving force of our forein policy. I don't like the implications of preemption and shaping the world into our image. I can see how Wolfowitz's ideas can be used to slowly take over the middle east. If we follow his doctrines, it will be very easy to brand countries enemies to preemptively strike. Basically, it says that America needs to act in it's perceived best interests before regarding world opinion, which i think is a dangerous proposition.

Another interesting bit of information is that Colin Powell has been more about containment and sanctions and that Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz have been in the war camp. I didn't think that Powell would opt for sanctions and containment instead of war.

It's creepy how most of Bush's advisors played key roles in the Reagan and Bush sr. administrations. Wolfowitz's policies really freak me out, and it seems that we are headed in that direction.

I think this is a must watch.