View Full Version : i think i'm losing it

DeadSwan
03-26-2003, 09:23 PM
i've started eating vegan food and suddenly hip-hop style is really cool to me. like. the earlier kind. and i want some old school nikes or something. like. red, white and blue or green or something. then again i also want a catsuit and trashy leather clothing and chainmail, which is more in keeping with my personality.

waves of change, my friends.

DeadSwan
03-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Graveflower
Check under your bed

fraid not

all my crap is old, tacky thrift store shit. and punk-rock style stuff. i'm so white it hurts.

ZERO
03-26-2003, 09:25 PM
SHUT THE FUCK UP

Salena Child
03-26-2003, 09:28 PM
I actually kind of like the sudden revival of the old school 80s sports shoes. Except I get pissed off with the whole Air Force 1s thing. Seriously, they go for $150-300, what the fuck is with that?

I pretty much go through all of the day before dinner eating vegan. I have a bowl of cereal with soy milk or some fruit for breakfast and then a veggie burger at lunch. BUt for dinner I pretty much have to eat whatever my parents make. I couldn't really be a vegan. I like cheese. I couldn't even be a vegetarian, really. I will never give up sushi.

soy milk is sick.

DeadSwan
03-26-2003, 09:30 PM
I actually kind of like the sudden revival of the old school 80s sports shoes. Except I get pissed off with the whole Air Force 1s thing. Seriously, they go for $150-300, what the fuck is with that?

I pretty much go through all of the day before dinner eating vegan. I have a bowl of cereal with soy milk or some fruit for breakfast and then a veggie burger at lunch. BUt for dinner I pretty much have to eat whatever my parents make. I couldn't really be a vegan. I like cheese. I couldn't even be a vegetarian, really. I will never give up sushi.

i'm lactose intolerant, so i can't really eat dairy, anyway. i still like chicken and turkey and stuff, but i don't eat it as much. and i'll think i'll cut back on my meat consumption even more.

and just. jeff and i were in the city and going to all these shi-shi la la stores, like in SoHo and Tribeca and stuff and i dunno, i was actually inspired by the hip-hop styled clothing stores. i don't mean like phat farm or whatever. this shit is still trendy and expensive and blah blah blah, but it was fun. i just need some gold fronts now :)

DeadSwan
03-26-2003, 09:31 PM
oops. i meant nolita, not tribeca. whatever.

DeadSwan
03-26-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by ZERO
SHUT THE FUCK UP

I STICK IT UP YOUR LOVE CANAL!

oui henri
03-26-2003, 09:39 PM
my dad's pretty okay with the whole vegan eating thing.

i've been a vegetarian for years so i think he just assumes this is all part of it. As well, being lactose intolerant made it a breeze.

as for soya milk brands, i'm all for beatrice soysational.

DeadSwan
03-26-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by oui henri
my dad's pretty okay with the whole vegan eating thing.

i've been a vegetarian for years so i think he just assumes this is all part of it. As well, being lactose intolerant made it a breeze.

as for soya milk brands, i'm all for beatrice soysational.

mmm. i'll have to try that. i love soystation pepperjack cheese. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Junebug
03-26-2003, 09:43 PM
I was going to tell you to listen to the song "she's losing it" by belle and sebastian but i'm not so sure it's appropriate now :erm.

does soy milk taste like real milk though? Can you drink it straight from a glass and cold and everything? Cause sometimes those different milks are all watery and yick and I love my milk.

oui henri
03-26-2003, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by DeadSwan

mmm. i'll have to try that. i love soystation pepperjack cheese. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
beatrice soysational also makes these soya smoothies.
i've yet to try them though.

i usually stick to the original or vanilla flavours.

oui henri
03-26-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Junebug
I was going to tell you to listen to the song "she's losing it" by belle and sebastian but i'm not so sure it's appropriate now :erm.

does soy milk taste like real milk though? Can you drink it straight from a glass and cold and everything? Cause sometimes those different milks are all watery and yick and I love my milk.

i can easily drink a glass of soya milk, but then again, i don't really know what "real" milk tastes like. (it's been a while)

i would say go with a flavoured soya milk if you're just starting out, because i've heard some bad reviews in regard to the plain soya milk.