View Full Version : Okay, I'll admit it

Lie
03-23-2003, 06:43 PM
I saw The Ring and it scared the living shit out of me.

yo soy el mejor
03-23-2003, 06:45 PM
fuck yes. i saw it a few days ago and i screamed like a bitch. :)

Junebug
03-23-2003, 06:48 PM
Man I got so scared at that movie. And then just last night I was thinking of how it "wasn't that scary, I'm such a wuss" and then my friend just randomly started talking about it and I got scared all over again. It's just the way that girl looks all the time, crawling around and stuff. *shivers*

Toby
03-23-2003, 06:52 PM
I have not seen it :( should I watch it?

miss world
03-23-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Toby
I have not seen it :( should I watch it?

YES.

i saw it first in october. i was scared shitless.

Lie
03-23-2003, 06:55 PM
I was actually disappointed in the way the plot was laid out. I mean, halfway through it actually became somewhat intriguing, and then it just crashed kind of cheaply, I thought. I felt kind of cheated. But full points for creepiness.

yo soy el mejor
03-23-2003, 07:00 PM
i still dont understand why she didnt die.

was it because she is hot?

kypper
03-23-2003, 07:05 PM
http://community.the-underdogs.org/smiley/happy/yawn.gif

It bored the hell out of me.
Ringu was just as bad.
I wonder how I got so desensitized.

aspecialkid
03-23-2003, 07:06 PM
the movie was stupid,and it was scary.

Nidhogg
03-23-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by yo soy el mejor

Because she showed the tape to someone else. That's why the little said "it won't stop" :eek:

Lie
03-23-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by yo soy el mejor

was it because she is hot?

She didn't die because she made a copy of the tape. That's why she was having the kid make a copy at the end too, so he wouldn't die.

I agree that it was boring in a lot of parts, and it was generally stupid, but what makes me so angry is that in spite of that, it was still creepy as hell. I feel like if something is going to be that scary, it should at least be worth it.

kypper
03-23-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by Lie

She didn't die because she made a copy of the tape. That's why she was having the kid make a copy at the end too, so he wouldn't die.

I agree that it was boring in a lot of parts, and it was generally stupid, but what makes me so angry is that in spite of that, it was still creepy as hell. I feel like if something is going to be that scary, it should at least be worth it.

She had to make a copy AND show it to someone else. They're a little less vague in Ringu.

But yeah. Dumb.

Lie
03-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by kypper
She had to make a copy AND show it to someone else. They're a little less vague in Ringu.

But yeah. Dumb.

Yeah, it's the chain letter thing, which is pretty juvenile for a film that seemed to be aspiring to something more. I didn't quite get it at first. I will say I have absolutely no desire to see Ringu, though.

When my boyfriend left a message on the answering machine earlier, he whispered, "SEVEN DAYS. YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS TO PICK UP THE PHONE."

kypper
03-23-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Lie

Yeah, it's the chain letter thing, which is pretty juvenile for a film that seemed to be aspiring to something more. I didn't quite get it at first. I will say I have absolutely no desire to see Ringu, though.

When my boyfriend left a message on the answering machine earlier, he whispered, "SEVEN DAYS. YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS TO PICK UP THE PHONE."

I got up and went to the bathroom and used my cellphone to call Des right after the movie.

Lie
03-23-2003, 07:20 PM
I got up and went to the bathroom and used my cellphone to call Des right after the movie.

You cruel, cruel man!

kypper
03-23-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Lie

You cruel, cruel man!

I was laughing too hard to say 'you have seven days' tho.

Shparticus
03-24-2003, 01:28 AM
http://ringworld.somrux.com/images/samara_clinicCap.jpg

And she's sitting in the kitchen chair
She will not let you cut her hair
and from your lips you hear "I'm gonna kill ya...."

Gonna kill ya....
Gonna kill ya....
Gonna...

Ah, never mind. It was funny in my head but then...just never mind.

Smiley33
03-24-2003, 01:30 AM
you're both bastards. you know that?

meow
03-24-2003, 01:35 AM

thats the most uncool thing ever, DUNCAN.

FEEFER DISAPPROVES

VegasPumpkin
03-24-2003, 05:21 AM

But yeah. Dumb. then why didn't her kid die?