View Full Version : Mute vs Ban

run2pee
11-07-2017, 10:56 PM
Sorry, i'm new here and don't mean to speak out of turn or complain about something that may have been hashed to death elsewhere in the vasty pasts of this esteemed hole

But is there some reason why muting boarders (thus causing their posts to disappear) is preferable to a ban (leaving their posts but preventing new ones)?

:confused:

The reason i ask is the current trend of muting makes old threads rather sorta viciously difficult to read/enjoy sometimes: so many posts are gone that there's a lot of context missing. And even the worst most evil boarders occasionally will lob a zinger or a joke that, imo, maybe shouldn't be wholly lost just b/c we decide we don't want to hear anything new from them

That's all I got thanks, ok bye

:blush:

buzzard
11-07-2017, 11:24 PM
Somebody's obviously never seen Eraser.

FoolofaTook
11-08-2017, 12:08 AM
MUTE RUN2PEE!!

reprise85
11-08-2017, 12:20 AM
Sorry, i'm new here and don't mean to speak out of turn or complain about something that may have been hashed to death elsewhere in the vasty pasts of this esteemed hole

But is there some reason why muting boarders (thus causing their posts to disappear) is preferable to a ban (leaving their posts but preventing new ones)?

:confused:

The reason i ask is the current trend of muting makes old threads rather sorta viciously difficult to read/enjoy sometimes: so many posts are gone that there's a lot of context missing. And even the worst most evil boarders occasionally will lob a zinger or a joke that, imo, maybe shouldn't be wholly lost just b/c we decide we don't want to hear anything new from them

That's all I got thanks, ok bye

:blush:

muting sometimes gets used to piss someone off or to make them unaware that no one can see their shitty posts and wonder why no one is responding to them. the posts are still there, they aren't deleted. in practice what usually happens is new abusive boarders get banned and old ones get muted, idk why that tradition started really.

now a bunch of posts also got deleted fairly recently which is prob more what is fucking up threads because not many people have been muted and the people who have been have realized it and stopped posting

FoolofaTook
11-08-2017, 12:42 AM
ChristJesus is muted.

:cry:

Skradgee
11-08-2017, 05:50 PM
a bunch of posts also got deleted fairly recently

Oh? Why so?

slunken
11-08-2017, 05:57 PM
I spent a few days a few times worrying I was muted. I'm also a giant idiot.

reprise85
11-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Oh? Why so?

some posts with personally identifying information/pictures and some boarders were having a beef which led to a bunch of deleted posts

butthurt
11-08-2017, 10:44 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DOKIi7PX0AE02OJ.jpg

myosis
11-08-2017, 11:47 PM
ChristJesus is muted.

:cry:
your mom is mute but she still knows how to use her mouth

FlamingGlobes
11-10-2017, 10:11 PM
Somebody's obviously never seen Eraser.

http://images.amcnetworks.com/ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/luggage.gif