View Full Version : the many examples of empathy to be found on Netphoria

Catherine Wheel
10-30-2017, 05:27 AM
RBG and Cool as Ice Cream calling fuzzy a retard and T&T telling me to kill myself. This is the type of stuff that you have to look forward to when you come to Netphoria. This is Netphoria. I'm offering something worthwhile here while others try to defend this place as it is. Reprise isn't steering people here in the right direction. She is too defensive of this place. You have to eventually look around and accept and acknowledge what you are really apart of when you come here.

Shallowed
10-30-2017, 06:08 AM
Fuck off

Catherine Wheel
10-30-2017, 06:08 AM
Why was T&T not banned for what he said but Trots said something similar to me and was banned? And have I mentioned that RBG continues to privately suggest that I should leave Netphoria. Of course that is when he's not bullying fuzzy.

Catherine Wheel
10-30-2017, 06:11 AM
Fuck off

I'm not the enemy here. You haven't figured that out yet. You're wasting your time.
You're fighting against something that's not worth fighting against.

Catherine Wheel
10-30-2017, 06:15 AM
It's like most people here haven't discovered Zen and are completely misguided

buzzard
10-30-2017, 06:30 AM
The Buddhist sect?

Catherine Wheel
10-30-2017, 06:33 AM
Yes. And I don't know why Shallowed especially would defend this place seeing as how Trots used to bully him all the time on here.

pavementtune
10-30-2017, 06:33 AM
nah not the sect, he meant Zen-Oh, that cute little bugger

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MalePlushKite-small.gif

Shallowed
10-30-2017, 06:49 AM
Bruh it took me like one second to type "fuck off", how is that a waste of time?

smashingjj
10-30-2017, 06:52 AM
just something to think about

smashingjj
10-30-2017, 07:03 AM
thanks for the warning btw, i will keep this in mind when i visit this 'netphoria'.

you sure this is empathy that you're talking about? i'm not trying to question the expert here but i could have sworn this sounds like something else than empathy.

Ram27
10-30-2017, 08:06 AM
fuck off

there is lots of empathy here. i have been on the recieving end of a lot of it. there are great people here

reprise85
10-30-2017, 09:23 AM
oh gosh, i'm not steering people in the right direction. dereliction of duty!

i know you are specifically trolling me with this thread or perhaps you really don't look past the veneer to see the goodness of the forum (probably both), but just because people don't want to take your test or praise you for it doesn't mean there is something wrong with people. maybe... maybe... there is something wrong with your test, and you are completely condescending to everyone on the forum and unable to accept criticism, and that is why people treat you the way they do (not excusing anyone telling you to kill yourself but it does explain it)

FoolofaTook
10-30-2017, 10:41 AM
Forget kimono sharter lets talk about something else.

reprise do you really have a 4.0? If yes that's awesome and how long have you maintained it?

reprise85
10-30-2017, 01:40 PM
as of now, through 109 credits. including 15 credits AA-level honors courses and 6 credits honors seminar at upper level. plus about to finish a 3 credit honors thesis.

as of dec 14 i will have a honors BA in psychology, summa cum laude and a certificate in mental health (being vague as to the exact name to avoid IDing my university - but it's a state university/nothing special).

my classes this semester are easy AF and the thesis is pass/fail so as long as I finish the two class projects i have left i will get As. the tests are stupidly easy in all three of those classes. i'm only taking two of them because i need them for the certificate and already took all the hard classes (neuropsychology, psychology and the law, clinical psych) and the third class i'm taking is somewhat interesting (personality theories) but i mostly took it to secure a letter of recommendation from the professor. he is really into the theories though so it's pretty fun. never seen a better lecture about freud and believe me, i've seen about 10

i posted about this in the other thread but last week i sent my thesis adviser a copy of my thesis draft and he loved it, doesn't even think we need to meet to talk about it, and provided minor spelling/grammar suggestions but nothing even approaching major.

Ram27
10-30-2017, 02:11 PM
goddamn, nice!

ha i think i said where i went to uni like 20 times on here

i took a psychology class in high school. i thought it would be interesting but the teacher was interminable. i just sat and read game of thrones instead

FoolofaTook
10-30-2017, 02:22 PM
Wow that is so cool reprise. Good job. Your teachers must love having you in class. I am guessing you are going straight on to grad school huh? You will like it because you are a good student.

Ram instead of Game of Stoned you should read Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.

redbreegull
10-30-2017, 02:53 PM
And have I mentioned that RBG continues to privately suggest that I should leave Netphoria.

is this some strange way of expressing I gave you rep telling you to fuck off

redbreegull
10-30-2017, 02:54 PM
let the record show that my PUBLIC position is that mr. shorter can stick his typology so far up his ass he'll have personalities coming out of his mouth and eyes

redbreegull
10-30-2017, 02:54 PM
and that he should fuck off and leave netphoria forever

reprise85
10-30-2017, 06:53 PM
Wow that is so cool reprise. Good job. Your teachers must love having you in class. I am guessing you are going straight on to grad school huh? You will like it because you are a good student.

Ram instead of Game of Stoned you should read Phillip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.

I am on good terms with all the professors, yeah. I am quiet in most of my life but I do talk in class. Not like, excessively or annoyingly but most people don't at all. I am really not too worried about giving a wrong answer or whatever. I mean I do sometimes think about something I said and get really embarrassed but what the hell no one really cares, not in school

I hope I am going straight to grad school. I'm applying to 2 clinical programs - one is university of miami (they have an evo psych lab and I match highly to the professors running it. my thesis is evo psych based). and sam houston state university is a forensic program. i am intending on going into forensic psych no matter what but going to UM first would mean doing research related to evo psych (hopefully combined with forensic) where sam would be like all forensic all the time

i should prob apply to more but i dont think i will. each of these schools only accept about 10% of applicants

reprise85
10-30-2017, 06:56 PM
i just spent like 4 hours trying to understand how e coli colonies play prisoner's dilemma-type games with each other (which i am too burned out to explain right now) and i finally understand it but i hate what I wrote and all that resulted in like 250 words. basically if all e coli acted fairly and just took what they needed from the environment the colonies would be bigger but what ends up happening is instead of naturally dying some cells survive and when there is a starvation condition those stronger cells that survived natural death in the cycle of cell life of e coli start proliferating and pretty soon 90% of the colony is death resistant but it's way smaller and each generation only 1% of cells survive so each generation is stronger than the last and they are constantly trying to fight each other for resources instead of just naturally going through the life cycle and creating a bigger colony

that's my ELI5

fuzzyroes
10-30-2017, 08:11 PM
I have no idea what this guys test is all about and I never took it but I don't understand what all the vitriol is over. If he's trying to accomplish something, good for him. If you don't like the test, don't take it.

FoolofaTook
10-30-2017, 08:13 PM
E coli sound like their from the balkan peninsula.

FoolofaTook
10-30-2017, 08:15 PM
2 Grad schools is probably enough with your grades and gpa and strong recommendations. have you taken the gre yet?

redbreegull
10-30-2017, 08:36 PM
I have no idea what this guys test is all about and I never took it but I don't understand what all the vitriol is over. If he's trying to accomplish something, good for him. If you don't like the test, don't take it.

"I have no idea what we're talking about at all, but I can't keep my mouth closed so here is an opinion based on nothing anyway."

fuzzyroes
10-30-2017, 08:53 PM
That's not what I said, pal. I just don't care about the guys test, but if he's trying to get people to take it, so what? It's no reason to unleash such violent rhetoric on him.

Chill out and get yourself together man. You've been a loose cannon lately.

spidersoma
10-30-2017, 09:01 PM
Not taking sides, I don't know but like 2 people on these boards these days - that said, this seems like a really good PM to send the Mods and not something to really post in a general chat forum where people will ignore the message and latch onto the method of delivery.

/2 cents

FoolofaTook
10-30-2017, 09:05 PM
So your advocating snitching.

reprise85
10-30-2017, 09:09 PM
2 Grad schools is probably enough with your grades and gpa and strong recommendations. have you taken the gre yet?

yeah i got 163 (93rd percentile) verbal and 155 (60 percentile) quant which is about 1350 on the old scale (very good but not great) and a 4.5 writing which is good but also not great. was pretty pissed at the 4.5, i'm an excellent writer. it's still 80-something percentile but whatever.

they are firmly in the top end or slightly over what those schools require.

UM i especially match well with, plus my thesis professor is a well known evolutionary psychologist with his own wikipedia page and everything (lol). like they will definitely know who he is. i am sure his recommendation will be great. he already sent it. the other two are a clinical forensic neuropsychologist who i've taken 5 classes with (fully 1/4 of my 3000/4000 courses) and a clinical health neuropsychologist who i've taken 2 classes with. i expect them also to be strong but i know my thesis professor might turn a head or two

thanks btw

reprise85
10-30-2017, 09:12 PM

you are missing out on a lot of context.

redbreegull
10-30-2017, 09:13 PM
That's not what I said, pal. I just don't care about the guys test, but if he's trying to get people to take it, so what? It's no reason to unleash such violent rhetoric on him.

Chill out and get yourself together man. You've been a loose cannon lately.

why don't you go fuck yourself you stupid asswipe

fuzzyroes
10-30-2017, 09:43 PM
you are missing out on a lot of context.

Ehhhh. I have no horse in this race. I've just particularly noticed that tolerance seems to be at an unusual low around here lately... I guess maybe it's just a reflection of the culture at large.

redbreegull
10-30-2017, 09:46 PM
Ehhhh. I have no horse in this race. I've just particularly noticed that tolerance seems to be at an unusual low around here lately... I guess maybe it's just a reflection of the culture at large.

maybe try being more tolerable

duovamp
10-30-2017, 10:38 PM
I only come to Netphoria when I've been bad and need to be punished.

FoolofaTook
10-30-2017, 11:22 PM
:bananamac

Disco King
10-31-2017, 01:18 AM
http://i67.tinypic.com/2v11y8j.jpg

*Unsheaths Kimani*

Nothing personnel, kid.

FoolofaTook
10-31-2017, 01:27 AM
Is that you Bappi Lahiri?

spidersoma
11-01-2017, 02:25 AM
So your advocating snitching.

no, i'd just rather the admins have to read this crap instead of the rest of us. I'm not advocating they actually do anything with the message...

ilikeplanets
11-01-2017, 01:38 PM
This place got empathetic but kinda boring. The same things keep being said over and over

ilikeplanets
11-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Or maybe it's just me, i don't care to worry about it. Not sure why I come here. I'm boring too, is probably the answer.

FlamingGlobes
11-01-2017, 02:30 PM

Try and understand what's actually going on before commenting, that would be a great start. You're completely glossing over the situation to drop an opinion that has zero relevance.

Disco King
11-01-2017, 02:46 PM
fuck off

there is lots of empathy here. i have been on the recieving end of a lot of it. there are great people here

CW's incapacity for understanding social information and for reasoning about others' mental states prevents him from understanding that the fact that he doesn't enjoy a warm reception on this website doesn't mean that this place could not possible be a congenial environment for anybody else. The idea that his experiences here could have more to do with his behaviour than the innate traits of everybody else here is not really within his grasp. Were he more learned in the field of psychology, he might recognize this phenomenon as an extreme version of the actor-observer bias.

He honestly thinks that because he receives some colourful and hyperbolic responses to an odd and incessant pattern of behaviour (which has shown to be resistant to change), that this place is some kind of lawless dark-web den of depravity amongst the worst on the internet. This is indicative of his sheltered upbringing, during which he was likely not allowed to use the stove to cook mac & cheese without adult supervision.

He sincerely believes that taking his quiz would give people here some sort of higher purpose in life, completely oblivious to the fact that, even were his quiz not entirely pseudoscientific dribble, the approach he is taking to get people to take it would certainly breach standards of objective science and taint his samples, as well as be in contravention of basic research ethics, given the extent and nature of the way he communicates with us. Imagine reading within a scientific paper's methodology section that research participants were selected via begging the userbase of a 1990s rock band forum, convincing them to participate through insults and suggestions that the worth of their lives is contingent upon their participation.

The fact that CW, after unsuccessfully trying the juvenile tactic of "reverse psychology" by telling us that he values us so little that he could not care less whether or not we've taken his quiz, thought that transparently changing tactics and issuing an insincere and vague apology would be sure to get us to act in accord to his wishes, demonstrates how exceptionally poorly his theory of mind has developed, despite his adult age.

Disco King
11-01-2017, 02:47 PM
Also, what's with his elementary-level writing skills? He writes in a clumsier and more convoluted way than I do. Motherfucker's like Jacob Two-Two or something.

redbreegull
11-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Try and understand what's actually going on before commenting, that would be a great start. You're completely glossing over the situation to drop an opinion that has zero relevance.

this can be accurately applied to 75% of fuzzyroes' posts

teh b0lly!!1
11-01-2017, 04:26 PM
Also, what's with his elementary-level writing skills? He writes in a clumsier and more convoluted way than I do. Motherfucker's like Jacob Two-Two or something.

consider me triggered

FoolofaTook
11-01-2017, 09:15 PM
I just baked a squash and consumed it.

Pretty bland.

FlamingGlobes
11-01-2017, 10:03 PM
#squashd

FlamingGlobes
11-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Add brown sugar, butter and a pinch of salt, you fool!

FlamingGlobes
11-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Inb4 fuzzy comes to tell us he's never had squash but that he thinks we're all doing squash wrong.

Ram27
11-01-2017, 10:50 PM
Imagine reading within a scientific paper's methodology section that research participants were selected via begging the userbase of a 1990s rock band forum, convincing them to participate through insults and suggestions that the worth of their lives is contingent upon their participation.

that's the best thing i've ever read

qwerty sp
11-01-2017, 11:47 PM
There’s only one Fuzzrod

Appreciate his art

FoolofaTook
11-02-2017, 12:10 AM
Yeah he's something else alright.

fuzzyroes
11-02-2017, 09:15 AM

I know all about CW. Sure, he's said some weird stuff in the past but he's sticking up for me so he's good in my books;):rofl:

fuzzyroes
11-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Yeah he's something else alright.

fuzzytheoneandonly

MarquisInSpades
11-03-2017, 12:37 PM
no

FoolofaTook
11-03-2017, 01:26 PM
Congratulations on your double digit post count you PEACE OF SHIT

Cool As Ice Cream
11-03-2017, 03:48 PM
but I don't understand what all the vitriol is over.
of course you don't, you fucking retard. fuck off. get the fuck out of my thread and off of my boards! you fucken worthless piece of shit.

you too, chaterine heel.

Cool As Ice Cream
11-03-2017, 03:50 PM
I guess maybe it's just a reflection of the culture at large.

i guess maybe it's just a reflection of scholars pointing at fucking worthless pieces of retarded shit like yourself.

Disco King
11-03-2017, 04:44 PM
no

Holy shit, we have a new poster.

Everybody act cool so that xhe sticks around.

Disco King
11-03-2017, 04:49 PM
So... do you listen to Smashing Pumpkins?

Shallowed
11-03-2017, 05:05 PM
What a coincidence, I was just listening to Smashing Pumpkins

Disco King
11-03-2017, 05:35 PM
I know all about CW. Sure, he's said some weird stuff in the past but he's sticking up for me so he's good in my books;):rofl:

This place is the worst. Everyone who posts here regularly is either mentally ill or a troll. And fuzzy is both. He's mentally ill and he's trolling as a Trump supporter.

He's not right. Fuzzy is a man-child. Not everyone on here is a man-child. Not everyone on here even has mental illness. Some people are just introverted. He's just generalizing.

I have a lot of sympathy. I even said that fuzzy should be banned because I thought it might help him not be so much of a man-child.

He has very limited social skills and he's probably borderline retarded. And on top of that he's a high school drop out and degenerate gambler.

FoolofaTook
11-03-2017, 05:44 PM
What if it's another dude?

Cool As Ice Cream
11-03-2017, 05:45 PM
let's see ur penis

Disco King
11-03-2017, 05:49 PM
What if it's another dude?

Hopefully not. There is already far too much competition for your fair hand.

FoolofaTook
11-03-2017, 06:08 PM
Do u believe in jesus?
(than show us yur penus)

FoolofaTook
11-03-2017, 06:09 PM
Hopefully not. There is already far too much competition for your fair hair.

Shibboleth!

BumbleBeeMouth
11-03-2017, 07:06 PM
What a load of guff, this place has been the collection of some of the best people on the internet.

Shallowed
11-03-2017, 08:56 PM
By what measures?

FoolofaTook
11-03-2017, 09:14 PM
According to the Baphomet Cocksucker Pedo Elite System.