View Full Version : Ya ha ha! (or, the video games thread)

Run To Me
08-05-2017, 05:11 PM
You found me!
https://img.fireden.net/v/image/1488/54/1488548198833.jpg

LaBelle
08-06-2017, 08:24 AM
That game it triggers my OCD too hard.
Did you find all the korok seeds? is that what this means?!

yo soy el mejor
08-06-2017, 10:47 AM
what game is that?

i like the colours

Run To Me
08-06-2017, 03:41 PM
That game it triggers my OCD too hard.
Did you find all the korok seeds? is that what this means?!

I thought this could be the new video game thread since we completely buried the old one in our wild flurry of blockbuster boarding this summerwinter

I am playing breath of the switch; haven't gotten all the seeds (just started in fact) but sakes alive ("if this is living") the 1st time that forest sprite went tinkle-poof to reward my nosing around I flat lost my mind with glee. Game is pure kaleidoscopic drugs; can't even progress the story, b/c got even that bittersweet feeling of something lovely passing away, and I want it to last as long as possible.....

So what's everyon playing

reprise85
08-06-2017, 03:49 PM
I thought this could be the new video game thread since we completely buried the old one in our wild flurry of blockbuster boarding this summerwinter

so it shall be written, so it shall be done

reprise85
08-06-2017, 03:50 PM
i've been playing the original deus ex. it's pretty fun. i hope it's near the end though, i need to actually do school things... lol! .... .... :(

Run To Me
08-06-2017, 03:51 PM
Wow, just looka that service!!! Do we even deserve such moderators?

Run To Me
08-06-2017, 03:53 PM
i've been playing the original deus ex. it's pretty fun. i hope it's near the end though, i need to actually do school things... lol! .... .... :(

I member that was the 1st video game I played in which one could smoke n drink, felt so naughty at like 10 y/o etc

Shallowed
08-06-2017, 04:28 PM
Cookie Clicker

Current goal is to get 200 of every building

LaBelle
08-06-2017, 04:58 PM

I am playing breath of the switch; haven't gotten all the seeds (just started in fact) but sakes alive ("if this is living") the 1st time that forest sprite went tinkle-poof to reward my nosing around I flat lost my mind with glee. Game is pure kaleidoscopic drugs; can't even progress the story, b/c got even that bittersweet feeling of something lovely passing away, and I want it to last as long as possible.....

So what's everyon playing

Hells yeah, that game is insanely good and just insane.
I played it a LOT until I climbed all the towers and opened the entire map. Now i'm mostly paralyzed trying to figure out what to do next.

LaBelle
08-06-2017, 04:59 PM
I was playing Super Mario 3 with my brother-in-law, but after one incident where I cost him about 16 lives while he went away for a few minutes made him not let me play in his save again :(

LaBelle
08-06-2017, 05:24 PM
what game is that?

i like the colours

The new Legend of Zelda, Breath of the Wild.

It's such a pretty game

http://cdn.gamer-network.net/2017/usgamer/Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Preview-Shot-(5).jpg

yo soy el mejor
08-06-2017, 06:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/n380Rnp.gif

Bread Regal
08-06-2017, 06:14 PM
^^hell yeah

Run To Me
08-06-2017, 10:59 PM
The new Legend of Zelda, Breath of the Wild.

It's such a pretty game

http://cdn.gamer-network.net/2017/usgamer/Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Preview-Shot-(5).jpg

And when the moons in the grass or the sunsets in the waters n links androgynous locks r twisting slow subtle in the winds, it's like playing a living impressionistic canvas

Can just boot it up, slap on a headphones and sit there and spin the camera slow and be entertained by total immersion in something strange/beautiful

teh b0lly!!1
08-06-2017, 11:03 PM
so it shall be written, so it shall be done

TO KILL TEH FIRST BORN PHARAOH SON
OOOAAH I'M CREEPIN DEATH

:rockon:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IjjCp_QU5Qk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bread Regal
08-06-2017, 11:04 PM
we're planning on buying a switch this year, just for the game. D is a lifelong Zelda fan. Not crazy about spending 400+ on the console and game, but it really does look amazing.

Run To Me
08-07-2017, 07:31 AM
If it were just a zelda machine, and they never release anything as good, I'd say it's justified. The game is that good. I've been playing since I was a little kid (got an NES for my 6th birthday) and I've never seen anything remotely in its league. I'm a few hours in and I keep waiting to see a re-skinned mountain range or copy/pasted grove, and they just don't seem to exist; it's as if the developers went over every inch of hyrule and made it come alive with unique features, topography, weather, plant/animal life, and (of course) things to find/do

Plus there's a pretty kickass lookin Mario coming in Oct, and Skyrim in Dec

LaBelle
08-07-2017, 08:17 AM
I'm playing Zelda on a Wii U, it still is really impressive.

Shadaloo
08-07-2017, 10:33 AM
Last month on my first week binge-playing, I found one of those little bastards under a rock, then accidentally dropped the rock back on top of him. They make a small 'ouch' sound when you injure them, out of guilt I hastily picked the rock back up and threw it behind me. Except I was in a small room so the rock bounced off the wall and just cracked Link in the head.

And then it just bounced off his head as he fell and hit the Korok again, same small 'ouch'.

Took me a few minutes to compose myself after laughing so hard

reprise85
08-07-2017, 11:39 PM
i did finish deus ex. i am redownloading deus ex human revolution. i did like deus ex, finished in it just a few weeks, but by the way end i was like ok i want to be done already. i already know deus ex human revolution has shitty endings (imo) but i want to try to do a stealth thing, on a harder difficulty. the first time i played i hadn't played any video games in like 10 years so i had to get used to just moving around. i'm a bit better now. beat deus ex on normal difficulty without any serious problems. beat fallout new vegas and 4 on hardest difficulties

buzzard
08-08-2017, 12:15 AM
I've found myself the willing recipient of a free PS4 console.

What next?

LaBelle
08-08-2017, 08:44 AM
Buy Resident Evil 7, play it, tell me how good it is.

teh b0lly!!1
08-08-2017, 08:59 AM
I've found myself the willing recipient of a free PS4 console.

What next?

did it fall off a truck?

Elphenor
08-08-2017, 09:43 AM
I was playing Super Mario 3 with my brother-in-law, but after one incident where I cost him about 16 lives while he went away for a few minutes made him not let me play in his save again :(

You can play as Peach if you play Super Mario Bros. 2

buzzard
08-09-2017, 02:12 AM
did it fall off a truck?

Nah, it was given to me by a dude that stole it.

Unsure about Resident Evil, but I'll have a look at some videos and see if I can't be convinced. Never did get into any of the previous games, if we're being honest.

teh b0lly!!1
08-09-2017, 03:00 AM
surely a PS4 can be used to go online and read works by Emily Dickinson in 4K 1080p Dual Shock awesomeness.

teh b0lly!!1
08-09-2017, 03:02 AM
“Hope” is the thing with feathers - *BUZZ*
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words - *EXPLOSION*
And never stops - at all -

*BUZZ BUZZ*
And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird *ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED*
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
*BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.

LaBelle
08-09-2017, 12:49 PM
Nah, it was given to me by a dude that stole it.

Unsure about Resident Evil, but I'll have a look at some videos and see if I can't be convinced. Never did get into any of the previous games, if we're being honest.

Ah that's too bad, I like the classic Resident Evil games. Not sure about the new one it's supposed to be a departure from the others, it's in first person which to me is already kinda yucky.

LaBelle
08-09-2017, 12:50 PM
surely a PS4 can be used to go online and read works by Emily Dickinson in 4K 1080p Dual Shock awesomeness.

It can't be 4K and 1080p at the same time!!!

:erm:

toase
08-10-2017, 12:54 AM
I've been playing Paladins (aka Overwatch with horses) a lot lately
kill me

LaBelle
08-10-2017, 05:12 AM
I played some Super Mario Sunshine yesterday.

That game is fun.

Elphenor
08-10-2017, 11:20 AM
That game is underrated yes

Elphenor
08-10-2017, 12:03 PM
I think that's the premier of baby bowser spoiler

Run To Me
08-10-2017, 12:13 PM
That's GameCube right? I missed out on that system b/c I was spending all my discretionary $$$s on alcoholic suicide when it came out

I see used ones going for like $75; besides wind waker (and the fact they're fun to piss on) is the library on a GameCube sufficient that one should consider picking one up for oneself? Any one?

Elphenor
08-10-2017, 12:17 PM
yeah I may be biased because Gamecube was the prime system of my childhood (IM YOUNG) but it's the one I always return to by emulation

there's a great Fire Emblem game on it I'm into right now

the best Smash Bros.

I think Luigi's Mansion is worth a play through

you can get the remastered Ocarina on it, Wind Waker, and 4 swords

Metroid Prime is surprisingly brilliant, a first person Metroid

Shadaloo
08-10-2017, 06:43 PM
-Wind Waker, Twilight Princess to some extent
-Metroid Prime games are all a shit ton of fun
-If you like horror, Eternal Darkness is one of the best horror games ever made

reprise85
08-10-2017, 08:08 PM
i've been playing borderlands, it's pretty fun if loose on story. kill things and loot. repeat. it's pretty fun

LaBelle
08-10-2017, 08:57 PM
I think that's the premier of baby bowser spoiler

Yes and he says that Peach is his mother and she gets confused by it.

Awkward...

LaBelle
08-10-2017, 08:59 PM
So far Mario Sunshine seems cool. It's a bit harder to control than the other Mario games and very unforgiving in spots.

Run To Me
08-10-2017, 09:22 PM
i've been playing borderlands, it's pretty fun if loose on story. kill things and loot. repeat. it's pretty fun

I have 2 for PS3 ya I love the art style i need to play it some more

buzzard
08-10-2017, 10:47 PM
One of the few shooters in more recent times that allowed for local multiplayer.

Elphenor
08-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Oh oh oh

Run 2 Me

You ever play Paper Mario RPG

The one on the GameCube is so good fuck everything else I rec'd it's all trash play Paper Mario Thousand Year Door

Shadaloo
09-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Metroid: Samus Returns awaits me at my post office. Fucking A

Shallowed
09-27-2017, 05:19 PM
I've started playing Terraria again, after barely playing it for years

It's kind of frustrating not having the creativity to make anything more than squarish houses. My current abode is a mishmash of wooden square houses, with the beginnings of a stone castle built on the side, a fully fledged but non functional and purely aesthetic bathroom, and a mutant glass house for growing herbs to use in potions.

LaBelle
09-27-2017, 06:17 PM
I played a lot of Sonic Mania, that game is really really hard. But it's a good old/new sonic game.

Run To Me
10-26-2017, 01:15 PM
Any you other jr scientists gonna play super mario odyssey this weekend? Just found out my copy is OUT FOR DELIVERY as we fucken speak

Gonna be hard to pull myself away from finding koroks and busting for resources in steamworld dig, but the hyperbolic reviews suggest this might just be the GOAT video game of ever

reprise85
10-26-2017, 01:20 PM
i beat fallout 4 with prob the standard way most people choose to beat it.

so i just started over, on very hard difficulty. i wanted to do survival but i can't deal with save only on sleep. i can't always commit to beating an obstacle in one sitting.

im sick today so im staying home and playing.

Run To Me
10-26-2017, 02:02 PM
I've been playing fallout 3 as trotskilicious (kill all neoliberals, take their bottle caps, and redistribute to the poor) it's so fucken bleak and violent and awful, I love it. Turned the music off so it's just me, the wind, and the ghastly click of radscorpions

Great contrast to botw which is the other end of the spectrum, just teeming with greenery and exuberant lifeforms

buzzard
10-26-2017, 08:01 PM
Survival mode does add a lot of detail, for what it's worth.

You end up forced to prioritize when it comes to carry weight as well as actually think about maintaining food, water and medical supplies. Tougher fights require a great deal more strategy and some of the previously worthless junk items become significantly more relevant to making it through the week. I've also found that the lack of fast travel heightens immersion, where I had previously just zipped around the map hwilly-nilly and was never made to feel any more than a click or two away from safety.

reprise85
10-26-2017, 08:08 PM
if there's a mod that can let me use survival except being able to save whenever i'd be down

Tchocky
10-26-2017, 09:15 PM
Playing the Quake Champions beta. Goddamn that game is fast. Struggling with the nuances of it so I die a lot.

Tchocky
10-26-2017, 09:17 PM
As much as I love Overwatch (and I do love it) I'm thinking about making another game my go-to. Seems like a lot of people playing that are playing PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Might give that a spin...seems fun.

Beyond that, I'm just waiting for DragonBall Fighter Z to come out. Shit looks baller.

Disco King
10-26-2017, 09:45 PM
Been playing those Arkham games. I'm on Origins now.

I'm a completionist, so I didn't want to play Origins until I 100%ed City, but I just couldn't. Those "campaigns" are bullshit (let's package together three challenges you already did and call it a new game mode!), and even though I only have one more balloon to pop in the Harley Quinn DLC, I can't be arsed to play the whole thing again and suffer through Tara Strong's grating Harley interpretation (bring back Sorkin!) just to get one damn collectable.

Origins is fun, and I honestly don't care that it just feels like a City expansion pack, because why wouldn't I want to play a few more hours of Arkham City? But the combat is buggy. Those assholes with the baseball bats can somehow hit you from the other side of the room. And I understand that they wanted to go with a film noir chiaroscuro look for the art direction, but you can't see shit because everthjng is so dark. They don't bother color-coding to distinguish enemy types, so I keep on ending up punching some armoured henchman in the face and losing my streak. Failure of visual game design.

reprise85
10-26-2017, 10:18 PM
if there's a mod that can let me use survival except being able to save whenever i'd be down

i found one, but i already enabled it and disabled it so i can't go back to survival. but i found a mod to fix that and let me go back. but when i install it the game won't run.

im not starting over so fuck it, i prob wouldnt stick with it anyway

teh b0lly!!1
10-27-2017, 02:34 AM
you think mario and peach ever fucked?

i mean it's never implied really, but what kind of an italian plumber would go through all that trouble for a platonic relationship? fuck that shit

teh b0lly!!1
10-27-2017, 02:35 AM
peach

i could eat a peach for hours

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/434897747653574656/x0w6V9nm.jpeg

Skradgee
10-27-2017, 02:54 AM
Apparently none of you jerks are playing the new South Park game?

FoolofaTook
10-27-2017, 03:26 AM
Mangoes >>> Peaches

smashingjj
11-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Ya ha ha!

qwerty sp
11-02-2017, 07:42 PM
I think phobia went down for a minute or two

Shadaloo
11-03-2017, 08:42 AM
What actually comes to mind whenever I see the thread title:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NIpQBtyuSv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Elphenor
11-03-2017, 09:02 AM
you think mario and peach ever fucked?

i mean it's never implied really, but what kind of an italian plumber would go through all that trouble for a platonic relationship? fuck that shit

it's implied that bowser and peach fucked

Run To Me
11-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Any you jr scientists using one of those multi-component input jobs to hook multi retro consoles up to tv? Sick of pluggin n unpluggin n pluggin again ever time I wanna switch from perfect dark to ninja gaiden to mario all star to silent hill 2

Run To Me
11-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Mario Odysseys fucken a blast btw for anyone wondering. A good mix of exploration and platforming, plus never thought it would be so fun to dress Mario in different costumes but fuck if it is

Run To Me
11-08-2017, 06:00 PM
Brothers and sisters in Christ,

It has come to my attention through the recent hoopla of the "Oblivion" thread that the same company has created an equally disturbing game called Fallout 3. Without a doubt, the people at Bethesda Softworks (creators of Oblivion and Fallout 3) seem intent on corrupting our youth with introducing anti-Biblical concepts, violence, sexuality, and law-breaking. I have just reviewed the game, and I will now provide a fair and balanced assessment of this poor excuse for a "game".

The setting takes place in and around Washington D.C. after a nuclear war. I might as well open by saying the only good thing that this game offers is that it rightly attributes communism to destruction. In the game's story, China has launched nuclear strikes and destroyed America. While this is much applauded (not the destruction of America, but showing that Communists are evil people), that is where the positive nature of this game ends. Here are just some brief tidbits about what this game contains...
It is extremely violent. It features various types of sub-machine guns, nuclear weapons, rocket launchers, knives, flamethrowers, various melee weapons, and other instruments of destruction. You can't play this game without killing hundreds of people.
There is a lot of cursing in this game, with the A-word, S-word, and F-word.
There is a "perk", if you want to call it that, called "Bloody Mess" which makes killing people even more graphic and gruesome. Your enemies explode in a mess of blood and guts.
There is another "perk" called Mister Sandman that allows you to kill innocent people in their sleep.
The worst "perk" of all is the aptly-named Cannibal that allows you to literally devour corpses. I'm not making this up!
There are quests where you are assigned to kill people. One is even so blatantly called "You gotta shoot 'em in the head" where you are told to do just so.
You can blow up an innocent town with an atom bomb. After obliverating these people, you are rewarded with money and a place to stay. What kind of message is this giving our children?
There is prostitution in the game. If you go to a place called Moriarty's Bar, there is a woman who offers to fornicate with you for a price. The player is able to have sexual relations with this woman.
1st Timothy 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
You can pretty much kill whoever you want, even good guys. The game makes no consequence for your actions. At most, you have to leave a town for three days, but it allows teenagers to live out "spree killer" and "school shooting" fantasies.
The player can create their own homemade weapons like a "dart gun" and "bottlecap mine" which encourage domestic terrorist activities. How many kids might be inspired to make their own pipe bombs after playing this game?
There are beings called "ghouls", which appear to be some kind of zombie demon out of a horror movie. While many ghouls are bad, some are considered "good guys".
It quotes the Bible out of context. One of the recurring themes revolves around Revelations 21:6..."And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely." However instead of pointing out that this verse revolves around the Lord and that He alone can provide eternal life, this game misconstrues it and takes it to mean that we can make water-purifying systems. It is a mockery of the Bible!
There is a group of misbehaving brats in a town called Little Lamplight. They do anything they want and disrespect adults. There is nothing in the game that can correct this behavior even though the Bible tells us how to deal with such rebellious imps: Proverbs 13:24 "He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes." Nowhere in the game can you punish these children for their behavior. It tells kids they can act however they want with impugnity.
You are able to pick locks and it's a skill. You can basically break into other people's doors, safes, and other secure places and steal what you want at whim.
It also promotes Computer Hacking. Through the skill "Computers", the player can hack another person's private computer, even though hacking is a federal crime.
Alcohol is available in this game through such forms as whiskey.
Drug use is promoted. There is a syringe called "Med X" (Heroin), a drug called "Psycho" (Methamphetamine) and "Buffout" (Steroids). Taking these drugs makes you a stronger player, so drugs are encouraged in this game. Even though you can get addicted to the drugs, you can always just see a doctor to cure the addiction. Nowhere in this game is there any Christian pastor to help you overcome addiction through faith in Jesus Christ. Nowhere!
There is a false, heretical religion called "The Church of Atom". They believes that an atom bomb is a god or something. This may lead players to believe in this bizarre cult. Isaiah 42:8 "I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images."
The only other church is called "St. Monica's Church". We know Catholics aren't really Christians and this game pushes Catholicism onto players instead of Baptists who believe in the 1611 KJV Bible.
I could go on and on, but I think you can realize what this whole game is about. There are no redeeming qualities in this game, no exhortation of Christian values, but just stuff that would make Satan happy. It should come as no surprise that this game is very popular and many Oblivion players also play this game as well.

Any True Christian™ parent would not want this game around their children. It is an evil influence. Paul warns us to seperate ourselves from such iniquity...

Quote:
2nd Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
2nd Corinthians 6:15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
2nd Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2nd Corinthians 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Ephesians 5:11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
Indeed this game is truly an unfruitful work of darkness. You cannot be a Christian and play this game since you are going against the Bible, as I have shown in the above quotes.

Friends, in my last post warning about the dangers of Oblivion, I advocated taking a stand against the stores selling that demonic game, but I feel considering Bethesda has been putting out multiple games, the only rational stand is to call for the end of Bethesda Softworks. These people should be held accountable to the law (both God's and secular) and should not be able to produce video games anymore. I encourage every Bible-believing True Christian™ reading this to let your congressman know about what is going on in this Satanic organization. Bethesda feels they can put out these sinful games at their own will, but they must be stopped.

I will pray that our cause will prevail. I will pray that the Lord will put Bethesda Softworks out of business. I will pray that these criminals serve time behind bars for corrupting our youth. In Jesus' name, I pray.

Yours in Christ,
Rev. Jim Osborne

reprise85
11-08-2017, 07:11 PM
lol

impugnity

and everything else

i have 175 hours on fallout 4 now aye caramba

buzzard
11-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Until they started going on about how you're unable to punish the mischievous kids, I genuinely couldn't tell if it was satire.

reprise85
11-08-2017, 08:00 PM
the one limit fallout really has is you cant kill kids

spidersoma
11-11-2017, 01:22 AM
I finally finished Mass Effect: Andromeda. Meh. Whole game was one big fetch quest with a pretty crap story.

Playing Uncharted 4, now. I haven't played 1-3. I dig it, it's like Tomb Raider Lite - you don't upgrade weapons or spend what I consider too much time searching every nook and cranny for items and treasure. I also find climbing to be a lot more fluid and faster.

redbreegull
11-28-2017, 10:14 PM
just bought an xbox one cause I'm a sucker

downloaded the first part of Life is Strange for free. now smoking weed. let's do this.

toase
11-28-2017, 10:23 PM
first episode?

oh wish I could play it again like the first time

redbreegull
11-28-2017, 10:25 PM
yeah first episode. I hear good things. let's begin :)

LaBelle
11-29-2017, 05:56 AM
I really loved Life is Strange, have fun red! let us know what you think.

LaBelle
11-29-2017, 05:57 AM
In other news, I recently beat Super Mario Odyssey, and that game is a total delight. Though I hear a lot of talk that going for all the moons is supposed to be super rewarding, I don't feel that much motivation after beating the story.

Also, earlier this year I bought Cuphead because it looked real cool and that game is a nightmare.

Shallowed
11-29-2017, 06:16 AM
I'm losing my proper graphics card virginity and getting a second hand EVGA Geforce GTX 960

at $NZ160 I've been led to believe this is a good deal

redbreegull
11-29-2017, 09:12 PM
first episode?

oh wish I could play it again like the first time

played episode 1 last night. I loved it. the game is absolutely stunning

Run To Me
11-29-2017, 10:03 PM
Playing the f out of skyrim for the 1st time, the switch port

Best thing so far was found a talking dog who wants me to help reunite him to his demon master

Also steamworld dig 2, stardew valley, neurovoider

Fuck i love switch, only problem is i never play 3ds anymore

qwerty sp
11-30-2017, 12:26 AM
I'm saving up for a new gaming rig so I can run Hexen and Jazz Jackrabbit at 30fps on medium graphics. Can't wait!

Shallowed
11-30-2017, 12:38 AM
I'm saving up for a new gaming rig so I can run Hexen and Jazz Jackrabbit at 30fps on medium graphics. Can't wait!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fbjYkPKRm-8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

qwerty sp
11-30-2017, 04:59 AM
I was looking at getting a sweet IMB compatible PC but I'm going to hold off until the new Windows 95 hits the stores. I'll get a modem which I hope will have the full 28.8k speed!

Run To Me
12-02-2017, 01:04 AM
Lying flat in bed, switch on my belly, red in 1 hand blue in 1, big softest headphones on, skydew valley vs skyrim all nite

Music to stardew is up there with some of the best snes, not ffiii/earthbound league, but like the lord of the rings vol 1...damn the caves in the lotr game and the permadeath of fellowship members! I did beat the balrog once using legolas probably...you had to make your own map, or just the constant going in circles and lack of health pickups just the fucken bats man would kill samswiss n merryadoc

Skyrims fucken weird

Run To Me
12-02-2017, 01:05 AM
I wish trotskilicious were here to kick me in the poast

At least call me a neoliberal dogslave

Run To Me
12-02-2017, 01:06 AM
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Guys it's not very complicated. What most people don't know is that every plant will get you high. Some more than others. Just find the plant that you want to get high on and pick it. Boil it in a vat of urine (for the ammonia). Throw in some bay leaves. Boil for 16 hours until it is a dried black husk in the bottom of the pot. Eat it like beef jerky. Make sure to call out of work first because you're going for a ride.

buzzard
12-02-2017, 02:03 AM
What kind of character did you go with in Skyrim?

No matter what I tell myself, I always end up being an occasionally amoral archer with a penchant for silent murder / preemptive self-defense.

MarquisInSpades
12-02-2017, 02:09 AM
sigh. I haven't gotten past Oblivion yet LOL. I'm not much of a gamer though.

MarquisInSpades
12-02-2017, 02:09 AM
PLAY ASURA'S WRATH AND GOD OF WAR!

My favourites. These are excellent games.

Run To Me
12-02-2017, 02:17 AM
What kind of character did you go with in Skyrim?

No matter what I tell myself, I always end up being an occasionally amoral archer with a penchant for silent murder / preemptive self-defense.

So far, walk around, look at trees and streams. In towns steal from merchants, jarls, dickheads, braggarts, and bodybuilders, then incite their women/children to misbehave. Antagonize bards. Shout into the dumb face of all guards who mention sweet rolls.

Wear robes/hoods, fry bandits with two handed magic, collect rare gemstones to dump around candles in the breezhome

buzzard
12-02-2017, 02:23 AM
You know the thieving is getting out of hand when you begin leaving surface objects purely for the immersive qualities of décor.

redbreegull
12-04-2017, 06:32 PM

I'm on episode 4. I was going to stop for awhile and play Metro which my bud claims is omg th ebest game eber, but I found that I couldn't focus on shooting mutant rat things in a post apocalyptic future... I just kept thinking about what was going to happen to Max and the other Blackwell kids.

I guess we can talk spoilers here, right? (warning spoilers follow): I legit wept when Chloe asked Max to give her the overdose in the alternative timeline. Couldn't do it of course.

How much does the game change based on decisions you make? I decided to just play through with no help from the internet or guides or anything so I am unclear if I am drastically altering outcomes here or just mildly changing dialogue trees

Sonic Johnny
12-05-2017, 12:06 AM
This year I played:

Absolver: A
Neat little open-world brawler with a *really* nice combat system, learning curve was extremely steep but once I got the hang of it I was completely hooked. Very bare bones, but in an age of games stuffed full of collectibles and side missions, it was kinda nice to have a game that just focused on one core mechanic that clearly had a lot of love and work put into it. Highly recommend.

Horizon Zero Dawn: B-
Combat and design alone was worth the price of admission but once i'd levelled up my skill tree a bit I found myself getting bored with story missions and just fanging around the place fighting giant robot dinosaurs. This eventually got boring too, but that took a good number of hours. Didn't finish it but it was fun.

Assassins Creed Origins: A-
Always held a flame for this series even though each game has been pretty broken in its own ways. This is probably the first one that isn't broken. Big overhaul was mostly a win, combat is a million times better and the levelling system does a lot to make play rewarding. Nice to see a big name series do some soul searching and make a better game for it.

Injustice 2: D+
Yeah the customisation is good and the ultimate move animations are OTT joy, but when the core combat isn't fun, what's the point?

Shadow Of War: B+
Pretty muddled in its delivery, but carries enough of its predecessors' DNA that it doesn't matter. Recruiting an army and spending hours preparing for a big siege is lots of fun and really gratifying, but I gotta say the big battles could do a little more to play as epically as they're presented.

Stardew Valley: AA++
Probably my favourite video game ever made.

FoolofaTook
12-05-2017, 12:18 AM
Any thoughts on Alcest?

Shadaloo
12-05-2017, 12:44 PM
Injustice 2: D+
Yeah the customisation is good and the ultimate move animations are OTT joy, but when the core combat isn't fun, what's the point?

Opposite. The combat is a lot of fun to me, I love the roster, and I was really looking forward to the customizing aspect...but I don't have forty hours a fucking week to to roll for rare costume parts or to constantly check back in to see if there are events for my character to get me good stuff. Life's too short to spend months on months playing one single game to death, not my thing.

Run To Me
12-05-2017, 12:48 PM
What's our thoughts on stardew valley im just starting any tips, faves?

SNES remains my nostalgic favorite system of all time, and I bought the original harvest moon when it came out, so ive been interested in this game for a long time. Glad I finally get a chance to play it. Initial feeling is that it takes everything good about the harvest moon series (relaxing pastoral setting, satisfying incremental progression in agricultural and interperonal realms) but removed all the shittier elements (bad music, clunky boring work animations, overly cutesy anime characters) to produce the ultimate farm sim

Tchocky
12-05-2017, 03:33 PM
On Black Friday I finally bit the bullet and bought a PS4.

I'm playing through Nier: Automata right now. Tried it on Normal, got frustrated, dropped the difficulty down to Easy and now the game is a cakewalk...but I'm enjoying it at least. Pretty good for postapocalyptic steampunk Blade Runner with samurai swords.

Tchocky
12-05-2017, 03:37 PM
I also bought the remastered Uncharted trilogy, the remaster of The Last of Us, Overwatch so I can play with my friends who have it only for PS4 (game is weird on consoles; how can people play it with controllers?!) and Persona 5.

Of course I'll be buying Death Stranding and the FFVII remake whenever they arrive.

Sonic Johnny
12-06-2017, 03:34 PM
What's our thoughts on stardew valley im just starting any tips, faves?

Buy extra carry capacity as soon as you can. Don't worry too much about creating a high yield farm in the first year cause you'll get skills/learn how to make new stuff that will make it a lot easier to get more produce for less effort. Start grinding some artisan crafts early (jams etc) cause once you get that skill maxed out you're on easy street financially. Check out the community centre, get a gist of the stuff you need to complete those challenges - even if you're not looking for that stuff actively straight away, you'll stumble across lots of it in your travels and it'll take you a few in-game years to get through all those challenges so lay inroads early. Don't hesitate to just bust out the guidebooks - there's sooooo much stuff to play around with that trial-and-error, while rewarding, can also just be time and resource consuming.

OH and - don't worry about investing too much time into the mining/fishing elements straight away - you'll have plenty of time to do that shit in winter, and without something to work towards and fill your days up with the whole season can become a total slog

Run To Me
12-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Awesome, thanks that's a big help

Still in spring of year 1, been waiting forever for my stupid beans to yield, so been hitting the mines but i'll shift my focus to jams/crafts, and continue to visit linus who is my fave character rn along with pam the grumpy alcoholic

Tchocky
12-10-2017, 01:10 AM
Finally got my hands on an SNES Classic.

PROS:
Two controllers included (the NES classic only packed in one) and longer cables than the NES Classic.
Flawless reproductions of classic games.
The ability to save states like on an emulator (though the execution of said ability is lacking).
21 games total, many if not most of which still hold up well today, with at least six or seven being all-time greats.

CONS:
No Chrono Trigger.
The cables on the controllers are still too short. Wireless controllers would have been nice.
No Chrono Trigger.
The only means of returning to the main menu is by hitting the Reset button on the console, which, also, is the only way to access a game's save state (there should have been a method implemented so you could do both of these things from the controller).
No Chrono Trigger.
The flimsy excuse of a flap that covers the controller ports is a candidate to be broken off.
No Chrono Trigger.
Neither Star Fox game really stands the test of time, the Kirby games are too gimmicky, and Super Ghouls N Ghosts is likely too punishing a game for many players.
Like the NES Classic, no (legal) method of adding other classic SNES games to the system, which is disappointing, considering there were plenty of glaring omissions from the pre-loaded library of games (ActRaiser, SoulBlazer, NBA Jam, Flashback, Final Fantasy II, Mortal Kombat II, Donkey Kong Country II, Killer Instinct, Aladdin, Secret of Evermore, Ogre Battle, Breath of Fire, and there's one more...arguably the best game ever made for the system...what was it again...?)
No Chrono Trigger.

I give it a 7.5 out of 10. I like it.

Tchocky
12-10-2017, 01:46 AM
Ranking the SNES Classic games from least essential to most essential:

Star Fox 2
Super Ghouls N Ghosts
Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Course
Star Fox
Super Castlevania IV
Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Punch-Out
Mega Man X
Super Mario RPG
F-Zero
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario Kart
Secret of Mana
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Earthbound
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy III
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario World

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 01:48 AM
ah, SNES. I can't get my hands on one for the life of me.

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 01:48 AM
I used my raspberry Pi and got an emulator on it, instead. It's called RetroPie. It is amazing.

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 01:49 AM
You can use a USB SNES controller with it.

<3

toase
12-10-2017, 01:53 AM
Ranking the SNES Classic games from least essential to most essential:

Star Fox 2
Super Ghouls N Ghosts
Contra 3: The Alien Wars
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Course
Star Fox
Super Castlevania IV
Street Fighter II Turbo
Super Punch-Out
Mega Man X
Super Mario RPG
F-Zero
Donkey Kong Country
Super Mario Kart
Secret of Mana
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Earthbound
Super Metroid
Final Fantasy III
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario World

Yeah I like this list, even though I grew up with Genesis
Can you play other games in it?

You can use a USB SNES controller with it.
<3

you have only the controller?

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 01:55 AM
nope. you can use any kind of controllers. cool thing about the Pi is that you can use almost anything on it.you just need to have a rough idea of electrical engineering. it's really easy.

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 01:57 AM
http://wiki.imal.org/sites/default/files/users/user148/retropie-01-1402944087.jpg

I made something similar to this. I disassembled it though.

toase
12-10-2017, 02:04 AM
the fuck

how large is that?

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 02:07 AM
Display, is like, 10 inches roughly.

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 02:07 AM
use that to scale, I suppose.

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 02:08 AM
Next, I shall build a RetroPie cabinet. the types you find in arcades. except, all games in 1!

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 02:11 AM
BTW, the Raspberry Pi is for about $35. You can do a lot of cool shit with it.

https://www.adafruit.com/includes/templates/adafruit2013/images/little_pi.png

this is how the interface in general, looks:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--Pw0RQ512--/c_scale,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/kma38ibf0jhmpczgddzq.gif

toase
12-10-2017, 02:11 AM
I've seen some of those
they're pretty cool

but usually the joystick is broken

*was talking about the cabonet

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 02:13 AM
you can get a good joystick off Amazon or Adafruit. they're not all broken, lol.

it's a lot of fun. I played Quake 3 on it :D

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 02:14 AM
great game, lol

http://i.imgur.com/QMyM4P1.gif

toase
12-10-2017, 02:21 AM
I mean the ones I came across with

Quake 3 Arena was very good

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 02:24 AM
One of the best. That game never gets old. I still play GTA San Andreas too, occasionally, to this day.

MarquisInSpades
12-10-2017, 02:25 AM
I mean the ones I came across with

Quake 3 Arena was very good
Oh, okay.

toase
12-10-2017, 02:31 AM
Is quake champions available yet?

I really want to play that now that paladins is dead

Tchocky
12-10-2017, 06:03 PM
The beta is available, yes.

Quake Champions...prepare to die. A lot.

JESUSNEEDSAHIT
12-10-2017, 06:21 PM
The beta is available, yes.

it's is not nice to talk about marquis in shades that way :(

buzzard
12-10-2017, 06:51 PM
I'm impressed by how he still plays GTA: San Andreas.

Pretty sure I haven't stuck with any of the games that were released when I was four or five.