View Full Version : Netphorian Beauty Tips

redbreegull
11-01-2016, 09:49 PM
I have terrible dark circles under my eyes, is there any way to combat this? Some of it is staring too much at screens, some of it is chronic sleep deprivation. I just don't want to look like a withered old raccoon at 27. any tips, friends (other than sleep more get off the internet)?

if any of you need tips on curly hair I would be happy to oblige

redbreegull
11-01-2016, 09:50 PM
like when you get out of the shower don't towel your head off

reprise85
11-01-2016, 09:58 PM
i cover my eyes with glasses. people think it's cuz i can't see but muahahah it's really for dark circles

actually my glasses also cover my horribly crooked nose which bothers me daily. i had a nose injury a few years ago and i guess bent the bone pretty good. it didnt break though. fuck my nose

reprise85
11-01-2016, 09:59 PM
if i dont towel my curly thick as fuck hair when i get out of the shower i have like 5 gallons in it and it wont dry for 2 days

teh b0lly!!1
11-01-2016, 10:02 PM
just get some sleep dude bro

vixnix
11-01-2016, 10:02 PM
Concealer!

yo soy el mejor
11-01-2016, 10:11 PM
drink more water and keep your under-eye area moisturized. if you're genetically predisposed to have dark circles, there isn't much you can do. i am prone to pigmentation because of my tan skin so i use grapeseed oil every morning and night. it's light and protective and doesn't clog pores and good for sensitive skin. plus inexpensive; can get a huge bottle of it for $5.

you could also try using a face mask like this once in a while. you can warm it up or freeze it:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41i8yd2o%2BmL._AC_UL320_SR164,320_.jpg

i've never used one, but last week i did cut off two slices of a cucumber before i ate it and put the slices on my eyes while i talked to tim on the phone.

or try make-up. it's what any self-respecting person with a perceived flaw would do.

ohnoitsbonnie
11-01-2016, 10:13 PM
Retinol

redbreegull
11-01-2016, 10:22 PM
just get some sleep dude bro

I have been trying for years to change my sleep patterns but I think with all my other mood problems I don't have the will power :(

I average 5-6 hours a night which isn't horrible, but it definitely wears on you over time. I'm always really tired in the middle of the day but after it gets dark, I get a second wind and can't get tired again until very late. If I go to sleep before I am tired, I usually just lie in bed thinking thoughts which isn't good. When I finally do get tired, it's a switch flips. I'm totally awake, then I feel like I'm about to pass out.

Even in Israel when I was doing physical labor under the sun for at least part of most days, I still couldn't just make myself go to sleep when everyone else did. I've got issues. It's better than it was a few years ago though. I was so unhappy with my job in the school system, I was going into work dead fucking tired some days just absolutely feeling like death. I never wanted to go to sleep because that would mean the next thing I had to do was wake up and go to work.

redbreegull
11-01-2016, 10:33 PM
if i dont towel my curly thick as fuck hair when i get out of the shower i have like 5 gallons in it and it wont dry for 2 days

Do you have a microfiber towel? Regular towels will cause instant frizz by breaking the curls which form naturally as your hair gets wet. If you have to towel your hair I would recommend looking into a special curly hair towel. You're gonna want to "blot" your hair dry (I know the possibility of that might be dubious if you have very thick hair which retains a lot of moisture) but it's really the only way to not smash your curls apart. If you don't want to buy a special towel, you can try using just a t-shirt or something that is "flat" cotton... the fuzzy texture of most towels is basically just the worst thing for your curls.

Anyway blot a reasonable amount of water out of your hair, then work your product in from the ends TOWARDS the roots. After that resist the insane urge to keep putting your hands in your hair

reprise85
11-01-2016, 10:38 PM
i basically just ring out my hair like a soaked towel. and i gel my hair and wear it up so there are curls but i don't have a curly hair do or anything.

i just dont give a fuck. lol @ moisturizors and creams and stuff. like i couldnt give less of a shit. probably this is not a good thing

ohnoitsbonnie
11-01-2016, 10:38 PM
Try retinol.

cork_soaker
11-01-2016, 10:48 PM
just use lotion in your hair

cork_soaker
11-01-2016, 10:48 PM
unscented

redbreegull
11-01-2016, 10:57 PM
honestly I have done that before. My hair looks bad 50% of the time regardless, but without putting something in it, I might as well not step outside. So yeah one time I was on a trip and I ran out of Mixed Chicks, so I put some Aveeno in my hair. It wasn't terrible.

teh b0lly!!1
11-01-2016, 11:01 PM
don't use shampoo. at all.

or maybe once a month. i'm completely serious.

redbreegull
11-01-2016, 11:06 PM
don't use shampoo. at all.

or maybe once a month. i'm completely serious.

oh yeah this is good advice. I stopped using shampoo over a year ago. Now I wash my hair and scalp with baking soda when I'm really dirty (like after working out). You can sub vinegar for conditioner as well but I haven't gotten there yet

yo soy el mejor
11-01-2016, 11:11 PM
i have. i mean, i don't do it anymore, though.

redbreegull
11-01-2016, 11:18 PM
i have. i mean, i don't do it anymore, though.

why not if I may ask?

LaBelle
11-02-2016, 07:01 AM
I use two different shampoo brands which I alternate between and only use shampoo every other day.
It's worked well for me so far.

Your mileage may vary depending on how naturally greasy your hair is.

As for dark circles around your eyes. You could try doing a cold compress either with ice or chamomile tea. It slows the blood flow in the area a bit making the dark circles less aparent.

Cool As Ice Cream
11-02-2016, 07:08 AM
don't worry about the dark circles, rbg
you're ugly anyway

LaBelle
11-02-2016, 07:27 AM
That'll show him!

Cool As Ice Cream
11-02-2016, 08:50 AM
smoke less weed, you fucken loser

myosis
11-02-2016, 02:12 PM
that's my advice. lay off the drugs, son.

Disco King
11-02-2016, 02:16 PM
why not if I may ask?

This is a personal question.

run2pee
11-02-2016, 02:24 PM
that's my advice. lay off the drugs, son.

Thirded. Srslyz if u really care about having circles and sunken eyes, you gotta cut back. Those daily trees are to blame. Source: each of my serious "lifer" toking buddies have identically sunken eyes which have progressively worsened over the decades, case in point, witness Chief Wana Dubie:
https://files.shroomery.org/files/08-13/639029653-chief.jpg

Either cut back or embrace it, son

ohnoitsbonnie
11-02-2016, 02:40 PM
Smoking does increase cellular damage. If you want to make your skin cells turn over faster, stay hydrated, nourished, well rested, and use retinol. Also stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen

redbreegull
11-02-2016, 02:54 PM
I'm smoking once a day now and it's not likely to lessen. The increase in anxiety I would experience would do more harm to me than having dark circles.

I think it's primarily linked to bad sleep, cause I'm pretty sure they don't look this bad when I am better rested. Drinking more water is a good call, I don't think I have been drinking enough lately. My appetite has also been pretty poor as I've been more anxious lately (again I keep losing weight), so check off not nourishing myself properly as well

run2pee
11-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Cooooooooooooooool maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
https://www.thefix.com/sites/default/files/styles/article/public/chief%20wana%20dubie.JPG

yo soy el mejor
11-02-2016, 03:19 PM
Smoking does increase cellular damage. If you want to make your skin cells turn over faster, stay hydrated, nourished, well rested, and use retinol. Also stay out of the sun and wear sunscreen

don't use retinol. it's just a derivative of vitamin A. you don't need extra chemicals all over your face.

redbreegull
11-02-2016, 03:20 PM
google says retinol is the animal form of vitamin a

yo soy el mejor
11-02-2016, 03:33 PM
ya derived from vitamin A.

yo soy el mejor
11-02-2016, 03:35 PM
you, too, can look like brooke shields

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31FTImzowrL.jpg

yo soy el mejor
11-02-2016, 03:39 PM
why not if I may ask?

This is a personal question.

TRUE. but i don't mind answering. it was just a hassle to prep a bowl of water and vinegar whenever i washed my hair with a baking soda paste i would make. the whole process was cumbersome. your hair smells like vinegar a little but not once it's dried, btw. you can also take shots of vinegar. i like that with a little warm water, honey, and cayenne.

i only do it on an as-needed basis, anyway, like when my dandruff flares up. otherwise i wash my hair every other day and blowdry on the cool setting if i blowdry at all.

teh b0lly!!1
11-02-2016, 10:50 PM
isn't retinol typically used as a remedy for acne?

i know i used to have one and it irritated my super sensitive delicate mermaid skin so i just stopped

ohnoitsbonnie
11-02-2016, 11:45 PM
don't use retinol. it's just a derivative of vitamin A. you don't need extra chemicals all over your face.

Oh no. Chemicals. Nevermind that they actually do something

ohnoitsbonnie
11-02-2016, 11:47 PM
****** has found a way to exist with only the necessary chemicals. She eats out of a hummingbird feeder. H2O + (sugar molecule).

ohnoitsbonnie
11-02-2016, 11:48 PM
isn't retinol typically used as a remedy for acne?

i know i used to have one and it irritated my super sensitive delicate mermaid skin so i just stopped

Yeah. Gotta do it thru the pain. You'll be fine. Tretoinin or nothin

Cool As Ice Cream
11-03-2016, 04:41 AM
****** has found a way to exist with only the necessary chemicals. She eats out of a hummingbird feeder. H2O + (sugar molecule).

bahahaha

yo soy el mejor
11-03-2016, 07:31 AM
Yeah. Gotta do it thru the pain. You'll be fine. Tretoinin or nothin
some people aren't that desperate. and you still have circles. quit fightin' it cause you'll just be defeated and will have wasted your money in the end, bonster.

you're are beautiful no matter what they say.

LaBelle
11-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Be the beauty you are, not the one you want to have.

ohnoitsbonnie
11-03-2016, 09:08 AM
C level trolling

Cool As Ice Cream
11-03-2016, 09:23 AM
that's my favourite type of trolling
it's also low on chemicals

yo soy el mejor
11-03-2016, 09:27 AM
words can't bring me down

Cool As Ice Cream
11-03-2016, 09:51 AM
but chemicals can

redbreegull
11-03-2016, 10:22 AM
C level trolling

actually I would say it was vitamin a level trolling

ohnoitsbonnie
11-03-2016, 10:53 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3c/Retinol_3D_ball.png/800px-Retinol_3D_ball.png

redbreegull
11-03-2016, 01:42 PM
that's a very phallic molecule

ohnoitsbonnie
11-03-2016, 02:17 PM
I mostly use retinol because I fear skin cancers, tbh. This is mostly why I suggest it to others, even though the antiagiging and acne killing isn't unwelcome. My face gets the most sun on my body, and although I use daily sunscreen now, I did not always.

I've got a pale olive skin tone that tans with moderate sun (and freckles up A LOT). My mom has dark olive skin and black hair, and my dad had light brown hair and pale skin (he's irish-german, and they are more susceptible to skin cancer, although nobody is immune and everyone should be careful!).
Skin cancer has presented itself in my family. This, my partner having irregular moles that we had removed and were thankfully benign) along with (and not to make it about me at all) LDS's death, reminded me of my own mortality and all that could go wrong so I started preventing sun damage and even trying to reverse it. So if that is so bad idk

ohnoitsbonnie
11-03-2016, 02:18 PM
The only thing that has worked on my dark circles is nothing

run2pee
11-03-2016, 02:24 PM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3c/Retinol_3D_ball.png/800px-Retinol_3D_ball.png

Hey, hey, cmon now

These type things need to be accompanied by a no fap trigger warning, please

Some of us are in recovery, ffs

toase
11-11-2016, 12:20 PM
I started using coconut oil soap for everthing

It really is wonderful as they say

teh b0lly!!1
11-11-2016, 10:54 PM
what makes it so awesome? i never heard nobody talk about coconut oil soap

ohnoitsbonnie
11-11-2016, 11:01 PM
It's probably more hydrating and gentle than other soaps. That is my guess anyway. It sounds like something I would try (I love coconut anything).