View Full Version : My Britney Spears moral dilemma...

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 12:40 AM
I've had a crush on Britney Spears since I saw her first music video. But, now she's changed. She looks almost exactly like my mother did at Spears' age.

Can I keep having a crush on Spears now? When I look at her I see my mother.

Here's my solution...

I still have a crush on the younger Britney Spears but not the older Britney Spears.

And, yes, this is an issue because I watch Britney Spears music videos while I exercise (she's one of many many artists on my playlists).

yo soy el mejor
09-01-2016, 12:48 AM
post/av

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 12:55 AM
post/av

Excuse me? :think:

The Omega Concern
09-01-2016, 01:43 AM
Just invert your logic and realize you always saw your mother in young Britney. just sayin...

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 01:59 AM
Just invert your logic and realize you always saw your mother in young Britney. just sayin...

Yikes. :eek:

I'm going to have to think about that for a while.

But, I think Britney Spears' looks have changed dramatically. My mother never looked the way Spears did in her twenties. It's just that Spears' looks changed a lot, and she morphed into looking the way my mother once looked.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-01-2016, 03:14 AM
another five star thread by more-soup-son.

teh b0lly!!1
09-01-2016, 03:30 AM
he already got teh spoon :rofl:

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 04:15 AM
another five star thread by more-soup-son.

I always used to think you disliked me because of posts such as that.

But, the way you welcomed me back the other day, it made me believe otherwise.

Is it me or are you hard to read sometimes?

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 04:16 AM
he already got teh spoon :rofl:

There is no spoon in my username.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uAXtO5dMqEI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool As Ice Cream
09-01-2016, 04:22 AM
I always used to think you disliked me because of posts such as that.

But, the way you welcomed me back the other day, it made me believe otherwise.

Is it me or are you hard to read sometimes?

in your absence i must have forgotten how terrible your threads were.
welcome back, but maybe think for a second or two before creating a new thread? don't overdo it.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-01-2016, 04:22 AM
- more soup, son?
- there is no spoon, mother.

buzzard
09-01-2016, 04:29 AM
Why am I reminded of Mskied?

buzzard
No, there is not a documentary about AIDS on television.

morespsoon
in your absence i must have forgotten how terrible your threads were.
welcome back, but maybe think for a second or two before creating a new thread? don't overdo it.

I think I need to find a psychological forum for threads like this.

I'm sure I'll get better advice. :cool:

teh b0lly!!1
09-01-2016, 04:31 AM
There is no spoon in my username.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uAXtO5dMqEI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

what is this obscure movie you reference?
am i supposed to just "get it" or something?
are you making fun of me?

teh b0lly!!1
09-01-2016, 04:31 AM
sure man np
i ws just kididng with you but you take it like that

welcome to my black list

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 04:39 AM
welcome to my black list

Is that the same thing as an ignore list?

I posted something that wasn't even insulting in the slightest, and I end up on your "blacklist"? :think:

vixnix
09-01-2016, 06:29 AM
My husband is into Britney Spears. He says he really likes the audio production. I've stopped overthinking it.

FoolofaTook
09-01-2016, 08:09 AM
Lol u said her looks changed dramatically

lol

FoolofaTook
09-01-2016, 08:10 AM
FUCKING IMBECILE!

teh b0lly!!1
09-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Is that the same thing as an ignore list?

I posted something that wasn't even insulting in the slightest, and I end up on your "blacklist"? :think:

don't act like you don't even know how you wronged me man, that makes it even more insulting

i usually don't put ppl here on my blacklist but this was over the line

ilikeplanets
09-01-2016, 11:30 AM
It's not like you'll have to see Britney irl so just look at the hot pictures. What do you mean her looks have changed? You mean you don't like crying bald girls?

ilikeplanets
09-01-2016, 11:31 AM
Is your mom a crying bald girl too? I can understand the reluctance

Disco King
09-01-2016, 01:23 PM
Why am I reminded of Mskied?

Spiritual alchemists claim this is off limits, but really we do it all the time whether consciously or not, and so that is a lie. However, one must needs be cautious in doing so, because there is a positive and a negative energy that is harnessed. This is the underlying theme of the so called Black and White Brotherhoods.

Magik isnt easy, and you cant say for certain what you are going to get when you initiate yourself into it.

One other thing I wanted to mention is that Crowley leads his students to believe that it is possible to ascend, that we are all "of the gods" etc... I say, what more can a person hope for than to be appraised fairly on intent and action, and somehow rewarded with a fine resting place? Certainly any god has no need for a mortal, other than as a subject. While I have wanted it to be true that I can be "from above", I bear no such delusions.
http://shad0wland.proboards.com/post/16833/thread

I've had a crush on Britney Spears since I saw her first music video. But, now she's changed. She looks almost exactly like my mother did at Spears' age.

Can I keep having a crush on Spears now? When I look at her I see my mother.

Here's my solution...

I still have a crush on the younger Britney Spears but not the older Britney Spears.

And, yes, this is an issue because I watch Britney Spears music videos while I exercise (she's one of many many artists on my playlists).

There is a wrinkle in this moral dilemma, however.

Let's say an unstoppable trolley is charging down the tracks toward a young Britney Spears. You have the ability to pull a lever that will divert the path of the trolley to a track upon which an old Britney Spears is tied.

Do you pull the lever to save the Spears that doesn't look like your mom, knowing that you've condemned the young Spears to die when she reaches the age of the old Spears on the track, forming a stable time loop?

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 10:53 PM
There is a wrinkle in this moral dilemma, however.

Let's say an unstoppable trolley is charging down the tracks toward a young Britney Spears. You have the ability to pull a lever that will divert the path of the trolley to a track upon which an old Britney Spears is tied.

Do you pull the lever to save the Spears that doesn't look like your mom, knowing that you've condemned the young Spears to die when she reaches the age of the old Spears on the track, forming a stable time loop?

Doesn't that mean the young Britney Spears would live forever and never age past a certain point? Everybody wins, right?

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 11:03 PM
post/av

Can anyone decipher this comment? :think:

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 11:16 PM
don't act like you don't even know how you wronged me man, that makes it even more insulting

i usually don't put ppl here on my blacklist but this was over the line

That's brilliant satire. :rofl:

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 11:18 PM
My husband is into Britney Spears. He says he really likes the audio production. I've stopped overthinking it.

Are you concerned that he may have a crush on her?

I don't know why such things bother women. It's not like he'll ever meet her. Right?

buzzard
09-01-2016, 11:20 PM

It's a command that alerts moderators to improper conduct on the part of a thread creator.

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 11:22 PM
Lol u said her looks changed dramatically

lol

http://img.wennermedia.com/620-width/britney-spears-music-video-article.jpg

When I look at her as an older woman, I see my mother. The picture above looks nothing like my mother ever did (to my knowledge).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/Britney_Spears_2013_(Straighten_Crop).jpg/220px-Britney_Spears_2013_(Straighten_Crop).jpg

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 11:27 PM
It's a command that alerts moderators to improper conduct on the part of a thread creator.

Improper conduct? That's a good one. :D

vixnix
09-01-2016, 11:44 PM
When I look at her as an older woman, I see my mother.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/da/Britney_Spears_2013_(Straighten_Crop).jpg/220px-Britney_Spears_2013_(Straighten_Crop).jpg

If this is the case, what is probably disturbing you, is your latent desire to fuck your mother.

morespsoon
09-01-2016, 11:49 PM
If this is the case, what is probably disturbing you, is your latent desire to fuck your mother.

I appreciate your bluntness. :beatup:

vixnix
09-01-2016, 11:50 PM
Anytime. She also looks like my husband's mother.

reprise85
09-02-2016, 12:15 AM

it means that, in light of your avatar, you may be the most clueless poster who has ever posted here

reprise85
09-02-2016, 12:16 AM
as you get older and have children you start looking more like a mother because evolution

you were beautiful enough to attract a mate and had yer babies now you need to protect them and probably your relative's babies too since statistically if you've made it to 40 you're ahead of more than half of your 10 siblings and countless half-siblings. you may have to nurse all of them too. hope you have some nipple cream.

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 03:23 AM
it means that, in light of your avatar, you may be the most clueless poster who has ever posted here

I've changed it to a symbolic representation of me praying that my new avatar will be acceptable to the masses here.

If there's negative feedback, I'll change it again.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-02-2016, 03:30 AM
where the fuck is the fucking smoking baby god fucking dammit jesus fucking christ

Cool As Ice Cream
09-02-2016, 03:30 AM
that is negative feedback, by the way

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 03:53 AM
that is negative feedback, by the way

Yo soy el mejor's opinion trumps yours (see the second post in the thread). Sorry.

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 04:08 AM
My new avatar is an endless loop. It represents me constantly praying that people will like my avatar.

It's a Schrodinger's cat effect. When you look at my avatar you'll automatically like it because it's a prayer that you'll like it.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-02-2016, 04:19 AM
Yo soy el mejor's opinion trumps yours (see the second post in the thread). Sorry.

post/av

are you fucking retarded? have you already figured out what post/av means?

teh b0lly!!1
09-02-2016, 04:35 AM
i blacklisted this motherfucker long ago CAIC
i suggest you do the same

teh b0lly!!1
09-02-2016, 04:36 AM
hurt me once shame on you
hurt me twice shame on me

Cool As Ice Cream
09-02-2016, 05:07 AM
hurt me thrice free pancakes for everyone except fuzzy

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 05:16 AM
hurt me once shame on you
hurt me twice shame on me

I can relate to that feeling. :D

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 05:20 AM
are you fucking retarded? have you already figured out what post/av means?

You're calling me retarded because you want the smoking baby back?

I don't know what your explanation is, but reprise's explanation makes perfect sense.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-02-2016, 05:54 AM
can you explain to me, in simple words, how it makes perfect sense?

teh b0lly!!1
09-02-2016, 05:57 AM
sp spoon, do you have a passion for yoyos?

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 06:00 AM
can you explain to me, in simple words, how it makes perfect sense?

My intuition told me the same thing?

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 06:00 AM
sp spoon, do you have a passion for yoyos?

Online imaginary yoyos, yes. :smoke:

Cool As Ice Cream
09-02-2016, 08:30 AM
let's see ur penis

run2pee
09-02-2016, 08:40 AM
I thought Schrödinger's cat was both dead/alive at same time? Wtf got to do with prayers?

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 08:59 AM
I thought Schrödinger's cat was both dead/alive at same time? Wtf got to do with prayers?

When you look at my avatar, it immediately becomes likable. The reason is because of the implicit prayer. Without the prayer, it's not necessarily likable. That's where Schrödinger's cat comes in.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-02-2016, 10:13 AM
i see no cat.

run2pee
09-02-2016, 10:28 AM
Still don't get it

Yur new av makes me wanna fart

Bring back the fucken baby ffs

run2pee
09-02-2016, 10:39 AM
w/r/t yur "moral dilemma," how about whenever u start think of boning brit speers (i.e. yur mom) think of this pic of dead, stuffed kittens getting married

http://www.zombieorder.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/kitten_wed_walter_potter.jpg

I bet it kills yur bone in no time: problem solved

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 10:49 AM
w/r/t yur "moral dilemma," how about whenever u start think of boning brit speers (i.e. yur mom) think of this pic of dead, stuffed kittens getting married

http://www.zombieorder.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/kitten_wed_walter_potter.jpg

I bet it kills yur bone in no time: problem solved

That's too weird.

I'll just have a crush on the younger Spears and not have a crush on the older Spears?

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Still don't get it

Yur new av makes me wanna fart

Bring back the fucken baby ffs

I guess it's like a Rorschach test and you failed the test? :think:

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 11:26 AM
i see no cat.

The avatar is the cat. It's the same thing. :smoke:

teh b0lly!!1
09-02-2016, 11:29 AM
god dude shut the fuck up

teh b0lly!!1
09-02-2016, 11:30 AM

this is one of the most jarring and self conflicting images i'd ever seen

Kahlo
09-02-2016, 11:32 AM
still waiting for pics of morespsoon's mum.

ilikeplanets
09-02-2016, 11:49 AM
I've changed it to a symbolic representation of me praying that my new avatar will be acceptable to the masses here.

If there's negative feedback, I'll change it again.

Serious deja vu. Did someone else say this?

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 09:27 PM
still waiting for pics of morespsoon's mum.

That will never happen.

reprise85
09-02-2016, 10:28 PM
My new avatar is an endless loop. It represents me constantly praying that people will like my avatar.

It's a Schrodinger's cat effect. When you look at my avatar you'll automatically like it because it's a prayer that you'll like it.

that makes no sense. to have a Schrodinger's avatar would be like... this is a stretch but, if you'd had avatars i'd like in the past, and avatar's i'd disliked, while this new one was loading, i'd anticipate liking and disliking it at the same time. i mean that's the closest i can come to understanding your extremely flawed analogy

You're calling me retarded because you want the smoking baby back?

I don't know what your explanation is, but reprise's explanation makes perfect sense.

i lied that's not what it means

reprise85
09-02-2016, 10:31 PM
morespsoon reminds me of catherine wheel, but more benevolent and naive

that's kinda an insult but not really. you have some of that autistic thinking going on, that's how it comes across IMO, on the internet. may or may not come across that way IRL

morespsoon
09-02-2016, 10:35 PM
morespsoon reminds me of catherine wheel, but more benevolent and naive

that's kinda an insult but not really. you have some of that autistic thinking going on, that's how it comes across IMO, on the internet. may or may not come across that way IRL

No one's ever called me autistic in real life. Could you give me an example "autistic thinking"?

You know, what I'm trying to do with a thread like this is to be funny and keep the conversation going. That means I'm not really careful about the accuracy of what I post.

Could that come across as autistic?

reprise85
09-02-2016, 11:09 PM
your threads are very concerned with how others see you, but not because of how they see you, but how it is different from your frequent introspection of how you see yourself. which is not really different from a lot of people, but you broadcast your thoughts about it in a way that seems almost robotically sterile. it's very strange for an adult to literally say, if someone doesn't like my (completely benign and non offensive - it'd be different if it was a swastika or something) avatar, i'll change it again.

however, it's not pathologically narcissistic, you just kinda seem to miss the big picture of things. for example, thinking no one would believe what that women told you b/c it's so crazy. of course we would, it's the internet! we've all had experiences like you've had.

autistic is not really the right word... but it's the closest i can come to. developmental brain disorders are not something i know a lot about and im not trying to diagnose you. but there does seem to be something there, or not there. and it kinda reminds me of what catherine wheel, the poster, is like. but he is pathologically narcissistic (in my opinion) and seems to betray malevolence often in many aspects and you definitely don't seem that way

Catherine Wheel
09-02-2016, 11:19 PM
I'm introverted and I've been diagnosed as having a mood disorder. I'm not pathologically narcissistic. No one in real life has ever thought I was narcissistic.

Catherine Wheel
09-02-2016, 11:26 PM
It's easy to misinterpret someone based on how they come across on an Internet forum. I'm a soft spoken person around friends and family. And I've always been somewhat shy.

run2pee
09-03-2016, 12:02 AM
aaaaaaaaaaand

Thread delivers

Catherine Wheel
09-03-2016, 12:50 AM
She always thinks she has me figured out. And her diagnosis of me keeps changing. Years ago she thought I had autism. And now she thinks I'm narcissistic. I'm a complex person and I used to like Erica until I realized that she was way too apologetic for all the dysfunction here and that she wasn't willing to rise above it all but instead just join in. We both have an interest in psychology but she is just wasting her talent on here.

Catherine Wheel
09-03-2016, 12:59 AM
I've never seen someone with so much potential as her just waste all her time. She comes here day after day playing social worker and psychologist and psychiatrist to people here. This place is so dysfunctional that it's such a poor outlet for her talent. She's just wasting away here.

morespsoon
09-03-2016, 01:25 AM
your threads are very concerned with how others see you, but not because of how they see you, but how it is different from your frequent introspection of how you see yourself. which is not really different from a lot of people, but you broadcast your thoughts about it in a way that seems almost robotically sterile. it's very strange for an adult to literally say, if someone doesn't like my (completely benign and non offensive - it'd be different if it was a swastika or something) avatar, i'll change it again.

This thread was not serious. The premise of it was a joke. I had already decided how to solve the problem (I stated it in the original post). I just thought this thread could be a fun and interesting creative endeavor.

The specific comment you mentioned was a joke.

however, it's not pathologically narcissistic, you just kinda seem to miss the big picture of things. for example, thinking no one would believe what that women told you b/c it's so crazy. of course we would, it's the internet! we've all had experiences like you've had.

If you read the original post in that thread, it doesn't sound that strange. But, in one of the first emails I got from this woman, she wrote (paraphrasing), "I have a son, it's a cat. I gave birth to a cat." She admitted later that was a joke. It's a strange joke.

I'm stating that as a reference point. She ended up writing me things that were much, much stranger than that. And, those things, she claimed were true. For instance, she told me she's not really human (she claimed to be something akin to a monster), she claimed that aliens were coming to pick her up, she claimed she could speak to animals, she claimed she could put her "soul's breath" into animals (she didn't define what that meant), she claimed her cat could "take her soul", on and on. She's sent me over 30 emails and probably around 50 private messages. Almost all of them had bizarre claims such what I've mentioned. If you put her claims together, it's wilder than the wildest fiction I can think of. If that isn't enough to make a person feel disbelief, I don't know what would be.

autistic is not really the right word... but it's the closest i can come to. developmental brain disorders are not something i know a lot about and im not trying to diagnose you. but there does seem to be something there, or not there. and it kinda reminds me of what catherine wheel, the poster, is like. but he is pathologically narcissistic (in my opinion) and seems to betray malevolence often in many aspects and you definitely don't seem that way

No one can diagnose mental problems on a message board. You never know when someone's being serious and when they're not. You never know when someone's drunk or high or what have you.

Catherine Wheel
09-03-2016, 01:27 AM
No one can but she'll try to though because it makes her feel worthwhile

yo soy el mejor
09-03-2016, 01:57 AM
cw, you're a complete narcissist and shallow as in there is not much to you. just because no one hasn't said it to your face does't make it not so. the most narcissistic people are also the most insecure and that's you in a nutshell. no one even mentioned you, but you respond as if they did and you'll be darned if anyone has as much to say as you about the human mind. typical you. you do the same damn thing plus you post stupid quizzes you make and try and impress us with your stupid insight.

erica posts a lot on a message board...big whoop. and she still manages to maintain a 4.0 in school (and will do bigger and better things beyond that) and go to work. and you, you don't post as much and you're a giant delusional loser who wastes his time on trite personality tests that belong in seventeen magazine.

morespsoon
09-03-2016, 02:07 AM
I love the unbridled bluntness of the posters here. I don't recall it being like this before.

Catherine Wheel
09-03-2016, 02:15 AM
Let her try and diagnose people on here. Emphasis on the word try. It's obviously one of the few joys she has in life. She's here everyday psychoanalyzing people. Nothing I say about her wasting her skill and talent on here is going to change anything. She's very dependent on this community. I come and go as I please.

yo soy el mejor
09-03-2016, 02:19 AM
haha

Disco King
09-03-2016, 02:53 AM
Let her try and diagnose people on here. Emphasis on the word try. It's obviously one of the few joys she has in life. She's here everyday psychoanalyzing people. Nothing I say about her wasting her skill and talent on here is going to change anything. She's very dependent on this community. I come and go as I please.

Is this worse than trying to diagnose and/or typify all of humanity without so much as an undergraduate degree?

Hello my name is Kimani Shorter and I have developed a theory of personality based on Jung's theory of archetypes.

teh b0lly!!1
09-03-2016, 02:58 AM
She comes here day after day playing social worker and psychologist and psychiatrist to people here.

no offense reprise, but there is some truth to this. i mean you've openly admitted to indulging in this here and there, but i think you shouldn't really do this stuff here. it's one thing to offer friendly advice, and another to cross territory into diagnosis, prescriptions (i.e drug talk) and\or 'therapy' in here.

Catherine Wheel
09-03-2016, 03:01 AM
I'm working with a child psychiatrist. He's helping me with my project. He has credentials and is helping me with the questions / assessment.

Catherine Wheel
09-03-2016, 03:07 AM
I'm in the process of adding 60 new questions and he's been helping me with all of that.

yo soy el mejor
09-03-2016, 03:11 AM
He has credentials and is helping me with the questions
I'm in the process of adding 60 new questions and he's been helping me with all of that.

Hello my name is Kimani Shorter and I have developed a theory of personality based on Jung's theory of archetypes. I am five years old.

buzzard
09-03-2016, 03:51 AM
I've been using my time off work to develop a chemical depilatory with the help of the guy that does the hot shaves at my local barber.

Kahlo
09-03-2016, 08:57 AM
still waiting on pictures of Catherine Wheel's mom doing unspeakable things with morespsoon's mom.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00786/madonna-kiss_786647c.jpg

reprise85
09-03-2016, 05:27 PM
no offense reprise, but there is some truth to this. i mean you've openly admitted to indulging in this here and there, but i think you shouldn't really do this stuff here. it's one thing to offer friendly advice, and another to cross territory into diagnosis, prescriptions (i.e drug talk) and\or 'therapy' in here.

Hey, you're totally right I do sometimes get carried away. It's my intention to never diagnose, but when someone describes something going on in their life that displays a clear symptom of something (say, mania), I don't see it as "diagnosing" to point out what the medical term for what their experience sounds like, especially for example in RBG's thread when he specifically asked what was "wrong" with him the past few days or whatever. As for prescriptions - I'd never tell anyone to take this or that or to do anything but follow their doc's advice. I might suggest medication is something to think about (in general) or explain what types of medicines they give for certain disorders. That's it... have I done anything else?

TYPICAL NETPHORIAN: Dudes, I'm so baked, just sitting here thinking what's the fucking point, know what I mean? I just don't give a shit and don't see it going anywhere. Fucking job, friends, family, just bullshit. Fuck I'm drunk as fuck.

REPRISE85: Sounds like a disassociative fugue state with borderline personality disorder. I recommend 3000 mg of lithium and/or suicide.

lol

Look I'm not going to reply directly to Catherine Wheel. He spent a lot of time trying to get me to endorse his "theory" and tried to get my phone number and all kinds of shit and honestly I don't appreciate the way he insults me. I spend 30 minutes - 1 hour a day here. I usually check it once in the morning and a few times at night. I take 4 classes, work 12 hours a week, am a research assistant for at least 9 hours a week, volunteer tutor for several hours a week and have a 4.0 GPA and 79 credits. My mom just had surgery and I took care of her for a month. I'm starting an honors thesis and getting geared up to take the GRE and start looking at grad schools for PhDs. Five years ago I wasn't even working and was in and out of psych hospitals and still taking illicit substances most days. I didn't even have legal control over my own financial affairs.

p.s. autism and narcissism aren't mutually exclusive

p.p.s. Go fuck yourself.

reprise85
09-03-2016, 05:33 PM
This thread was not serious. The premise of it was a joke. I had already decided how to solve the problem (I stated it in the original post). I just thought this thread could be a fun and interesting creative endeavor.

The specific comment you mentioned was a joke.

If you read the original post in that thread, it doesn't sound that strange. But, in one of the first emails I got from this woman, she wrote (paraphrasing), "I have a son, it's a cat. I gave birth to a cat." She admitted later that was a joke. It's a strange joke.

I'm stating that as a reference point. She ended up writing me things that were much, much stranger than that. And, those things, she claimed were true. For instance, she told me she's not really human (she claimed to be something akin to a monster), she claimed that aliens were coming to pick her up, she claimed she could speak to animals, she claimed she could put her "soul's breath" into animals (she didn't define what that meant), she claimed her cat could "take her soul", on and on. She's sent me over 30 emails and probably around 50 private messages. Almost all of them had bizarre claims such what I've mentioned. If you put her claims together, it's wilder than the wildest fiction I can think of. If that isn't enough to make a person feel disbelief, I don't know what would be.

No one can diagnose mental problems on a message board. You never know when someone's being serious and when they're not. You never know when someone's drunk or high or what have you.

You know what, you're right. I'm completely off base and what I said was not appropriate and I apologize.

Catherine Wheel
09-03-2016, 05:37 PM
I have a child psychiatrist and retired psychology professor who fully endorse my theory, thinks it's brilliant and are willing to help me in any way . And I'm on the front page of like 30 different psychology related google searches. And what do you do? You come on here and play doctor.

reprise85
09-03-2016, 05:45 PM
You don't even understand how something like a personality assessment even becomes a legitimate tool, or have the resources to test it (e.g. a research laboratory and research assistants and a university willing to give undergrads credit for helping you), funding to test it, or the academic background and knowledge of which personality assessments that are taken seriously in the academic and clinical world (hint: the MBTI is not. the MMPI is. go take a look at how much more complex the MMPI is than the MBTI. seriously, do it). I mean you have absolutely no credentials or insight whatsoever into what you're trying to do. You have no background in the history of psychological theory, behaviorism, psychoanalytic theory, evolutionary psychology, cognitive psychology, social psychology, ethology, or anything else. Have you ever even taken one psychology class? Psych 101 even???? Your behavior is an insult to the scientific discipline of psychology.

You are delusional about your theory. There, I said it.

redbreegull
09-03-2016, 05:50 PM
if I had to guess I would say morespoon is the troll account of another active user. possibly CW. CW could actually be any number of trolls on here, constantly psychologizing us with his experiments.

redbreegull
09-03-2016, 05:53 PM
oh damn I didn't even realize reprise pointed out the similarities on the last page, I was just responding without reading the thread honestly

Catherine Wheel
09-03-2016, 05:56 PM
I'm not delusional at all. The child psychiatrist is very supportive of this. Field testing isn't going to be a problem with him in my corner. He's helping me develop more questions and then it's going to be field tested

run2pee
09-03-2016, 06:01 PM
del wrong thred

Catherine Wheel
09-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Your behavior on here is more of an insult because you play doctor here. I don't even try to do that. And I don't use this place like a crutch.

reprise85
09-03-2016, 06:12 PM
This is my last time responding. Empathizing with people and sharing my knowledge of psychology relating to conditions is not playing doctor. This is my personality. I like understanding behavior and I like talking with people. So often times, I talk about my bx and they talk about their bx. That's my personality. It's not playing doctor. Just because you can't understand that talking about psychology is not the same as trying to put people into diagnosis boxes, doesn't mean that that is what I'm doing.

I do use this place as a crutch, in the same way people use other friendships as one. If that's what you want to call it, that doesn't upset me one bit.

There's a reason I told you I was going to stop talking to you and haven't been. These kinds of arguments, which are really you trying to put me down to pull yourself up, are extremely negative - always. I tried for a long time to be nice about your "personality theory" thing, even though you're delusional about it, for years. I gave you input and you told me I was wrong. Every time. But I tried to be nice without lying to you about not thinking your "theory" had any merit. I tried to have insight to whether I might be jealous somehow, or be blind to some actual potential because of personal defense mechanisms, but it just isn't so. So I tried to be nice.

But when you get creepy and insult my personality and try to get my phone number by pretending you're an idiot who doesn't know how to upload a photo in 2015, it's fucked up and I don't have to listen to your bullshit. I also know I'm not the only one you've been creepy too. And your language betrays you... you're "above" netphoria... etc... whatever dude.

There are very few people I completely dislike. You've made the list. I'm not going to be nice anymore. I'm going to ignore you. Not that you asked for an explanation, but here it is. Now, I need to study.

redbreegull
09-03-2016, 06:22 PM
CW I understand this is probably an exercise in extreme futility, but maybe just consider for a few moments how people react to erica versus how they react to you, and why that might be. Just think about it please.

and inb4 "everyone here reacts that way because they are mentally ill" or similar response... actually most of the people here are well-adjusted and adept people in many ways. Just because you come here to perform sociology experiments and not to talk to people who are at least on some level your friends does not mean you are less fucked up. You've said many things here that make me see you as some kind of corrupt doctor at a mental hospital fucking with the patients for his private experiments, or a little kid being messing with animals to judge their response in a totally amoral, vacant way.

reprise85
09-03-2016, 06:24 PM
i dont think i've ever written a post like that to anyone on this board. i feel kinda bad but it's the truth.

Catherine Wheel
09-03-2016, 06:29 PM
What I'm really trying to convey in my messages to her is that she shouldn't be here or at least not as much as she is. She's better than that. I'm not putting her down at all. I'm trying to get her to free herself from this place.

redbreegull
09-03-2016, 06:36 PM
What I'm really trying to convey in my messages to her is that she shouldn't be here or at least not as much as she is. She's better than that. I'm not putting her down at all. I'm trying to get her to free herself from this place.

wow you are just like... unable to alter your thought patterns at all are you? You literally cannot entertain feedback that doesn't confirm the way you want to see a situation.

let me put it this way. Erica comes off as a well-adjusted person here. You come off as a delusional and unkind fuckface. So maybe you should get the fuck off the internet.

Catherine Wheel
09-03-2016, 06:39 PM
I'm perfectly able to alter my thought patterns. I just don't agree.

brutechinasky
09-03-2016, 06:43 PM
this is an interesting thread

Elphenor
09-03-2016, 06:49 PM
CW is like NINSP in that he shows up just to say how he hates this place

Pretty pathetic

Nobody care

Catherine Wheel
09-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Redbreegull just alluded to this place as a mental hospital. That's all that really needs to be said.

redbreegull
09-03-2016, 07:06 PM
It's actually like talking to a wall

did a single other person read what I said as "this place is a mental hospital" versus "you treat people here like they are your patients in a mental hospital"

anyone?

brutechinasky
09-03-2016, 07:10 PM

post/loc

reprise85
09-03-2016, 07:29 PM
in my defense i had imbibed on a substance last night when i wrote that

but yeah it was out of line and i do really apologize, morespsoon

reprise85
09-03-2016, 07:30 PM
It's actually like talking to a wall

did a single other person read what I said as "this place is a mental hospital" versus "you treat people here like they are your patients in a mental hospital"

anyone?

nope

i also just realized that CW says that i use this place as a crutch while he comes and goes as he pleases, meanwhile he responded to my post referencing him 10 minutes after i posted it

Disco King
09-03-2016, 08:37 PM
I have a child psychiatrist and retired psychology professor who fully endorse my theory, thinks it's brilliant and are willing to help me in any way .

You realize this means as much as Dr. Oz promoting an anti-wrinkle cream, correct?

And I'm on the front page of like 30 different psychology related google searches. And what do you do? You come on here and play doctor.

Googling your name with different keywords enough that you can find 30 different queries that link to your message board posts isn't the greatest barometer of achievement.

MyOneAndOnly
09-03-2016, 08:50 PM
wow you are just like... unable to alter your thought patterns at all are you? You literally cannot entertain feedback that doesn't confirm the way you want to see a situation.

let me put it this way. Erica comes off as a well-adjusted person here. You come off as a delusional and unkind fuckface. So maybe you should get the fuck off the internet.

i can't decide if he's just autistic or a sociopath

morespsoon
09-03-2016, 08:59 PM
You know what, you're right. I'm completely off base and what I said was not appropriate and I apologize.

You are so nice. It's no problem. I enjoyed your analysis of me. I thought participating in it was a blast.

morespsoon
09-03-2016, 09:00 PM
but yeah it was out of line and i do really apologize, morespsoon

Where do smart, cool, nice people like you come from? :smoke:

Disco King
09-03-2016, 09:06 PM
i can't decide if he's just autistic or a sociopath

Autisiopath.

reprise85
09-03-2016, 09:22 PM
my guess is the former but i like to assume the best

reprise85
09-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Where do smart, cool, nice people like you come from? :smoke:

we go to hell and then come back, take lots of psychedelics (as well as less psychologically impactful drugs) for a few years, have a mental breakdown and go to therapy for a decade lol

thanks btw :)

vixnix
09-04-2016, 08:57 PM
If reprise really did spend all her time here, I doubt she'd have a 4.0 . She's incredibly intelligent...but it's not like she's Doogie Howser or anything.

reprise85
09-04-2016, 11:22 PM
In his defense, people are always calling CW autistic every time he makes a thread. He's not willfully cruel or evil so I don't understand all the hate. And he's right: almost everyone here is mentally ill by their own admission, so this is a crazy house and no one has the right to judge.

I have no problem with him saying people here are mentally ill. It's the idea that some people are above others, and the way he tries to somehow get me on his side by saying that I'm in the group with him that's better than everyone else on netphoria - yet I'm also some kind of pathetic person for coming here, at the same time. It's incredibly triggering and exactly how I've experienced intimate relations with a narcissist (who was also a psychopath most likely, but I digress). It also goes beyond what he says in public on netphoria - we had PM convos for a while, before I ended it. Anyway, I'm really not trying to bag on CW and I'm not saying he's wrong about everything he says. But there is a long history here poots and he is the only person I've ever had to actively ignore on here because I felt he was trying to take advantage of me and fuck with my mind. I just kinda laid it all out in this thread but it's been going on literally for years.

If reprise really did spend all her time here, I doubt she'd have a 4.0 . She's incredibly intelligent...but it's not like she's Doogie Howser or anything.

I just think I have a good memory generally, and learn very quickly, and the rest is old fashioned studying. I'm definitely not some kind of genius who gets As without studying. There are a few classes like that but not many. Now that I'm taking the high level classes it's a lot of reading and discussing, and especially in a class like honors seminar (with only 11 ppl) I feel like I've finally earned the role of really being part of the field of psychology and being among the top draft picks so to speak, that are being noticed by faculty as having PhD potential and being exposed to high level presentations and a deep history in the field. It's very satisfying and I'm starting to really understand that I have the potential to design my own studies and experiments and really help society learn new things - eventually. And then after I have my PhD, there's potential for many, many things. But I fuckin' earned this shit. You can't take any class for granted and maintain a 4.0. And I probably won't end up with a 4.0, just by virtue that I'm not going to take easy classes as my final 15 or so credits where I can take whatever I want. I'm going to take psychopharm, and neuropsychology, and biological basis of behavior 2, and all the classes that will actually teach me shit I don't know about nearly as much as the clinical side. and I'm going to spend a significant amount of time doing an honors thesis.