View Full Version : Is anybody getting drunk tonight?

duovamp
03-17-2015, 05:31 PM
Or did that all go down over the weekend? :confused:

Butt Pope
03-17-2015, 07:02 PM
Probably

duovamp
03-17-2015, 07:08 PM
Nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?

Elijah Moon
03-17-2015, 07:16 PM
I'm on the wagon

Eulogy
03-17-2015, 07:31 PM
I partied pretty hard Saturday. Probably have a couple drinks while I watch tv tonight. Which is fiiiine with me.

Order 66
03-17-2015, 07:33 PM
already on it

reprise85
03-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Tempted to get some from the gas station right now

truth is ill prob drink one and forget about the entire thing

yo soy el mejor
03-17-2015, 07:46 PM
just buy a 40 oz then.

yo soy el mejor
03-17-2015, 07:51 PM
oh shit. forgot is was st. patrick's day. happy birthday st patrick.

reprise85
03-17-2015, 08:09 PM
imma go get a 4pack of some piss beer and cook pork chops. bye.

duovamp
03-17-2015, 08:12 PM
Tempted to get some from the gas station right now

Wrong thread.

reprise85
03-17-2015, 08:22 PM
im back

did i miss anything

reprise85
03-17-2015, 08:23 PM
Wrong thread.

i went but the attendant was a woman with like 5 inch long nails. not my type

reprise85
03-17-2015, 08:35 PM
shiiiit, i ran out of aluminum foil. looks like no pork chops. alternate plan necessary. perhaps cereal. or a can of chili. or veggie burgers. wait for orders.

Trotskilicious
03-17-2015, 08:37 PM
nope

The exploding boy
03-17-2015, 08:38 PM
I suggest cereal in a bowl of chili.

I suppose while you're at it you may as well throw in the veggie patties.

Keep i mind i am a genius of the culinary arts. Ignore my suggestions at your own risk. The risk of having an unsatisfying meal.

hnibos
03-17-2015, 08:39 PM
No stove top I'm assuming

reprise85
03-17-2015, 08:44 PM
No stove top I'm assuming

i have a portable one but i just dont trust myself with pork on that thing for some reason. i also have a standalone like thing you plug into the wall with a top but i just took it out and i havent used it in like 6 months and it needs to be cleaned before use and im just like nope dont wanna

in fact its all rusty and shit (not the cooking surface but the rest of it) and it was like $10 at big lots and i think im gonna toss it.

i might look into getting a better hot plate, the one i have sorta sucks, it doesnt get as hot as a real one. i mean it really works fine i shouldn't spend my money. all i really cook is rice and soup and spaghetti once in a while. maybe if i find a really good deal on a great one ill get a new one. it would be nice to have a good one to use to cook meat. i mostly bake everything now.

Order 66
03-17-2015, 08:47 PM
i said fuck it i'm having white rice. fuck a diet

Tchocky
03-17-2015, 08:47 PM
I'm drunk right now.

reprise85
03-17-2015, 08:49 PM
i just checked amazon and theres some nice ones for really cheap, wtf. i dont know why i thought they were so much more expensive. i can prob get enough points from my credit card to pay for one in just a couple months.

Tchocky
03-17-2015, 08:52 PM
Fuck this PBR with green food coloring bullshit. Jameson on the rocks all the way.

#blitzed

Trotskilicious
03-17-2015, 09:11 PM
im absolutely done with drunk culture

reprise85
03-17-2015, 09:11 PM
i just checked amazon and theres some nice ones for really cheap, wtf. i dont know why i thought they were so much more expensive. i can prob get enough points from my credit card to pay for one in just a couple months.

nevermind, people have a shit ton of problems with them. mine heats up and does its job. gonna stick with it. also poor.

The exploding boy
03-17-2015, 09:15 PM

Show me in this culture where being drunk has been celebra.... oh wait. Everywhere.

reprise85
03-17-2015, 09:19 PM

what is drunk culture

drinking fancy beers that cost $6 each? or drinking at all?

Eulogy
03-17-2015, 09:22 PM
what is drunk culture

Why would drinking decent beer that tastes good be worse than drinking shitty beer which serves no purpose whatsoever other than maybe getting you drunk if you drink 30 of them?

reprise85
03-17-2015, 09:28 PM
im asking him

reprise85
03-17-2015, 09:29 PM
shitty beer tastes okay to me, but then ive never really had good beer and i drink like 2 a night, tops. maybe 2x a month. and i get a little tipsy from that. shitty beer just kinda tastes like some strange soda or something. i mean i usually get natty light from the assortment of 3.09 4 packs at my work. i really dont give enough of a shit to care about beer.

Eulogy
03-17-2015, 09:30 PM
I know I was just commenting on what I thought you were implying.

reprise85
03-17-2015, 09:31 PM
Nah, I wasn't trying to imply anything. People enjoy beer, that's cool. I just don't know what is making trots say he's done with it. Figured that could be one reason, but I don't know. Maybe some drunk person took pissed in his margarita and that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The exploding boy
03-17-2015, 09:38 PM
I think drinking "good" beer is fine (while i do not like the taste of beer in general, i do think that fancier beer usually taste a lot better, i mean i may not seem like it i know but i have in my lifetime tried a fair amount of beers still, if only for a few sips, cause eveyrbody else but me drinks it). But getting drunk on it is stupid. I mean if you're drinking to get drunk, do it on cheap shit. After the like third you're not tasting anything anymore anyway. Or care.

The exploding boy
03-17-2015, 09:39 PM
And by fancier beer i obvs mean the foreign ones like Stella artois or Sapporo.....

I especially love how Stella has always had these commercials trying to make the brand look sophisticated. Just cause its old and from europe. It still tastes like any shitty mass produced beer in the world though. No, no man, it's Stella Artois. "If that much care goes into the chalice, imagine what goes into the beer". I don't know, i imagine it's urinated with care by the finest breeds of horses..

Eulogy
03-17-2015, 09:41 PM
Stella is garbage

Eulogy
03-17-2015, 09:42 PM
And if you're drinking to get drunk the higher abv of a good tasting beer means you get there as quickly as drinking shitty beer without having to drink piss water.

Lots of breweries are making lower abv beers now too. If you don't want to get hammered but you want to drink beer that doesn't taste like garbage.

Eulogy
03-17-2015, 09:44 PM
There is so much good beer. I'm not sure how the rest of the world compares to the U.S. right now but it's really astounding how much choice we have.

duovamp
03-17-2015, 10:05 PM
Just talked to our wedding venue about beer at the reception. $405 for a half keg of Helltown Mischievous Brown. Meanwhile it's only $80 for a case of Ommegang Hennepin.

What is this I don't even.

Clearly going to be Hennepin I guess.

duovamp
03-17-2015, 10:34 PM
Calling it quits at 5 beers. Good job, team. Nice hustle.

hnibos
03-17-2015, 10:59 PM
And if you're drinking to get drunk the higher abv of a good tasting beer means you get there as quickly as drinking shitty beer without having to drink piss water.

Lots of breweries are making lower abv beers now too. If you don't want to get hammered but you want to drink beer that doesn't taste like garbage.

Good tasting beer is more expensive

Trotskilicious
03-17-2015, 11:00 PM
what is drunk culture

they usually like to use euphamisms like "the nightlife" or something

yes, drinking culture. the way that ppl seem to have to need alcohol to have a good time

all i need is jesus

Trotskilicious
03-17-2015, 11:01 PM
sick of it, fuck it. i already had some dumb fucking thread abt how im tired of drinking and bars in which eulogy gets all defensive and hostile in

duovamp
03-17-2015, 11:04 PM
Getting my own BAC tester was the best decision ever.

Trotskilicious
03-17-2015, 11:09 PM
living in drunken austin tx where everyone is an alcoholic but pretends like they arent is what broke the camels back

like is it fucking impossible to meet up with other people and not get shitty? answer seems to be yes, i cant even find ppl to go to shows that wont drink while there. im thinking of going sober i barely have beers for enjoyment as is.

i mean st pattys is the perfect example of drunk culture

duovamp
03-17-2015, 11:10 PM
sick of it, fuck it. i already had some dumb fucking thread abt how im tired of drinking and bars in which eulogy gets all defensive and hostile in

Even in this thread he went from 0 to defensive after a single post where someone was clearly asking a legitimate question. I can't imagine having that serious of an inferiority complex where I need to lash out like that all the time. Bro feels like he always has something to prove. Little man syndrome?

Trotskilicious
03-17-2015, 11:18 PM
i dunno, he lost his shit in that thread abt how im sick of bars and drinking. i dunno why that should affect you, so what if i dont want to hang out and drink beers as if thats LIVING LIFE AND DOING THINGS

cuz thats austin. im living life! doing things! having fun! exploring austin! is always means "im getting drunk all the time"

duovamp
03-17-2015, 11:23 PM
I just can't imagine getting upset over Netphoria bullshit. I come here to be silly not get mad.

I think he takes it personally when he infers an insult to his character.

Feeling are so middle class, Euls. Get over it.

Eulogy
03-17-2015, 11:25 PM
I don't recall that thread.

Anyway my point was that drinking 400 bud lights and puking in the street seems more like drunk culture than having a couple $6 beers with dinner or something. Sorry if that wasn't clear or if I misinterpreted reprise's post.

Eulogy
03-17-2015, 11:26 PM
Good tasting beer is more expensive

On a per ounce basis sure. But would you rather have 12 bud lights or 4 good beers? I just don't understand some people's thought processes.

Eulogy
03-17-2015, 11:28 PM
I also just experienced st Patrick's day in Chicago and unfortunately was with friends who live in lincoln park so I have a very clear picture in my head of what I would consider drunk culture.

Eulogy
03-17-2015, 11:28 PM
Not unfortunate that I was with those friends but unfortunate that I was in lincoln park. To be clear.

Trotskilicious
03-17-2015, 11:37 PM
i think being drunk plays a large part in drunk culture, which is why i said drunk specifically

Order 66
03-17-2015, 11:46 PM
On a per ounce basis sure. But would you rather have 12 bud lights or 4 good beers? I just don't understand some people's thought processes.

well most "good beers" come in 12 oz six packs, if i'm not mistaken. that's why i usually go for a sixer (16 oz) of bud light or whatever when i'm in the beer aisle. if i went home with a pack of, say, little sumpin, yeah its a great beer but thats not really going to get me buzzed

lot of times though i'll start out with a 22 oz seasonal beer or something

Trotskilicious
03-18-2015, 12:30 AM
there are good pilsners and lagers y'know

the best way to get shitfaced is to drink as much and as fast as possible, that's why real alcoholics use liquor and why bros use american pisswasser, because you can slam those fuckers faster than you can an IPA. so you might think that your 7.5% Total Asshole IPA is worth 8 miller lights, in fact the bro's already on his second case when you finish your 3rd Total Asshole

LaBelle
03-18-2015, 01:05 AM
Just got home from a short st. patty's drinking sesh.

Just to let you guys know that in brazil it's not really that different from your regular drinking night.
No one was even in green :(

LaBelle
03-18-2015, 01:12 AM
Oh and I had some fondue which was great

http://www.sundancesquare.com/files/4213/2381/3456/Simply-Fondue.jpg

The exploding boy
03-18-2015, 02:48 AM
I don't recall that thread. .

PROBABLY CAUSE YOU WERE CELEBRATING DRUNK CULTURE

Eulogy
03-18-2015, 06:30 AM
there are good pilsners and lagers y'know

the best way to get shitfaced is to drink as much and as fast as possible, that's why real alcoholics use liquor and why bros use american pisswasser, because you can slam those fuckers faster than you can an IPA. so you might think that your 7.5% Total Asshole IPA is worth 8 miller lights, in fact the bro's already on his second case when you finish your 3rd Total Asshole

This is what I was getting at though. If you're just drinking to black out then sure drink the pisswater until you Puke but there are lots of reasons to drink good beer at a more reasonable pace.

As for pilsners and lagers I enjoy half acre's pony pils and Oskar Blues Pilsner whatever it's called.

Trotskilicious
03-18-2015, 06:42 AM
do you get austin beerworks at all?

i think everything is regional at this point

Eulogy
03-18-2015, 07:10 AM
I haven't seen it.

We get mostly Midwest stuff but more and more is coming from the west and east coasts. I can't name a single brewery in the south that I see often i don't think. But that can't be true..

Eulogy
03-18-2015, 07:11 AM
I could drink beers only in a 25 mile radius of my apartment and be perfectly content. Which is pretty cool.

Eulogy
03-18-2015, 07:11 AM
Shit I could probably amend that to two or three miles and still be pretty happy.

LaBelle
03-18-2015, 07:19 AM
I live two blocks away from this weird and mysterious secret society closed beer club.

They have a biometric fingerprint reader in their door and only authorized people can get in.
One of my life goals is to make it into that place.

Eulogy
03-18-2015, 08:29 AM
That sounds awful

ilikeplanets
03-18-2015, 08:30 AM
Did not drink, smoked major weed instead. No alcohol really looked good last night, idk

ilikeplanets
03-18-2015, 08:30 AM
And the secret club sounds kind of cool. I wonder how you make the guest list.....

duovamp
03-18-2015, 08:40 AM
That sounds awful

The foot reader is pretty ridiculous tbh. But clubs are amazing for great booze. Usually hardly any markup, you're familiar with the staff and members, quieter... God I'm so old now. :(

Eulogy
03-18-2015, 08:45 AM
The foot reader is pretty ridiculous tbh. But clubs are amazing for great booze. Usually hardly any markup, you're familiar with the staff and members, quieter... God I'm so old now. :(

I don't really understand what you're talking about? I like places with low markups that are quiet though.

I would just be put off by that kind of exclusivity.

duovamp
03-18-2015, 09:20 AM
You've never been to a private club before? Like with a locked door and a keypad and you sign a book when you get in. A lot of firemen have them, sometimes veterans have them. Super friendly places.

duovamp
03-18-2015, 09:22 AM
There are Polish clubs too. Italian clubs and Irish clubs, but I haven't ever been to one of those.

LaBelle
03-18-2015, 09:37 AM
And the secret club sounds kind of cool. I wonder how you make the guest list.....

I have no idea!
As with most myths, everyone knows someone who has supposedly been there.

But no one has been able to give me any reliable info.

LaBelle
03-18-2015, 09:38 AM
That sounds awful

Yeah it's super dumb.
But supposedly they have the best artisanal beer in town and I would like to try that someday.

Eulogy
03-18-2015, 09:39 AM
You've never been to a private club before? Like with a locked door and a keypad and you sign a book when you get in. A lot of firemen have them, sometimes veterans have them. Super friendly places.

I mean sort of but its more like a VFW with dollar burger nights and stuff.

Which is fine but are you telling me these exist where they have good beer and/or cocktails?

duovamp
03-18-2015, 11:19 AM
Yeah, local breweries supply them. Usually most people go for $1.00 Yuengling but you can just say "Hey can you get me a keg of All Saints? Their brewery isn't even a mile away." And they'll do it for you. If you tell them what cases to grab or what liquor you like, if they like you enough they'll buy some for you. At that point you can just buy it yourself for less I guess.

But heck yeah they have good beer. You just might have to ask the right person. Sometimes you show up and they already have a bunch of local brews. Can't beat that.

Catherine Wheel
03-18-2015, 11:33 AM
I went to two bars yesterday after work with a friend. Got to the first one around 4:15. The second one didn't open till 5. It was right next door. Stayed at that one till about 7. Took a cab home.

Catherine Wheel
03-18-2015, 11:36 AM
The cab driver thought I was Ethiopian. He chatted me up for the whole ride.

slunken
03-18-2015, 04:22 PM

For me it's the hangover. Shit beer makes me want to die. Good booze and im ok.

slunken
03-18-2015, 05:27 PM
i'm self-conscious about that post now that nobody has responded. i was on the toilet when i wrote it.

Elijah Moon
03-18-2015, 05:56 PM
I heard the darker in colour the drink is, the worse hangover you get, and I think I read a scientific article that pretty much backed that up as a loose rule

slunken
03-18-2015, 05:59 PM
i somehow doubt that five shots of bartons will have me feeling much better than 5 pints of guiness

slunken
03-18-2015, 06:01 PM
now five shots of bartons vs five shots of tanqeray you can't tell me there is no difference at all in the after effects that's like saying mcdonalds is as good as well anything else and doesn't leave you feeling like something died inside of you

slunken
03-18-2015, 06:02 PM
"it may cost a little more, but once you've had the good stuff you'll wonder how you ever lived without it"

Elijah Moon
03-18-2015, 06:13 PM
I thought it was "you'll see where that extra money went" or something

edit - or are we thinking about different things?

Mooney
03-18-2015, 06:16 PM
i just went out to shovel out my car from the over two feet of snow that fell today and then rewarded myself by walking down the middle of the street to the brewery for a growler of beer. its like a post-apocalyptic winter wonderland out with hoards of people just walking down the middle of the street to the beer store and no cars in sight.

slunken
03-18-2015, 07:13 PM
do they let you return the bottle? my place says they do but i tried once and they go "oh sorry we don't actually accept those" so i was like they why do you pretend that you're only renting these and he goes "because it makes people want to keep t**** and i was like 'you've got a point. people ARE pretty stupid"

slunken
03-18-2015, 07:14 PM
you know because white trash loves to collect empty bottles of things they have drank

slunken
03-18-2015, 07:16 PM
I thought it was "you'll see where that extra money went" or something

edit - or are we thinking about different things?

"if it doesn't make dollars it didn't doesn't make cents/sense"

Mooney
03-18-2015, 08:13 PM
do they let you return the bottle? my place says they do but i tried once and they go "oh sorry we don't actually accept those" so i was like they why do you pretend that you're only renting these and he goes "because it makes people want to keep t**** and i was like 'you've got a point. people ARE pretty stupid"

i haven't tried to return any, but i only assume they would give me my money back. once they didn't except mine because it had a chip in it, though, so i had to make a deposit on another. pretty sure i didn't chip it, and they swap old ones with clean ones everytime, so it probably just slipped past inspection before getting passed off to me. oh well. they will even fill growlers from other microbrews, you would just have to clean it yourself before.

Trotskilicious
03-18-2015, 09:04 PM
you know because white trash loves to collect empty bottles of things they have drank

college kids too, proudly displaying empty bottles of goldsclager and alize

duovamp
03-18-2015, 09:18 PM
I have a couple empty beer bottles that I kept, but my friend brought them from Germany to me and they have cool bottles.

Trotskilicious
03-18-2015, 09:20 PM
i still keep my watermelon pucker bottle, strongest liquor i ever drank! yuck!

Order 66
03-18-2015, 09:39 PM
i still have my empties from last night on the dresser. if that counts

duovamp
03-18-2015, 10:46 PM
There's a can of PBR in my bathroom garbage can. This is my life.

Trotskilicious
03-18-2015, 11:06 PM
at least it wasnt a turd

yo soy el mejor
03-18-2015, 11:39 PM
my best friend asked a bartender if 6 shots of patron is too much for one person and he said probably so she ordered us 4 each after we had just had one.

:hurl:

yo soy el mejor
03-18-2015, 11:39 PM
shit's so smooth tho.

yo soy el mejor
03-18-2015, 11:42 PM
do they let you return the bottle? my place says they do but i tried once and they go "oh sorry we don't actually accept those" so i was like they why do you pretend that you're only renting these

huh

duovamp
08-07-2015, 08:11 PM
Bumping this bitch.

duovamp
08-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Going to be at the beach all next week so I'll be presenting my drunk ramblings here. Wrap your lips around that.

MyOneAndOnly
08-07-2015, 08:49 PM
I'll prolly be smashed in bout 90 minutes

killtrocity
08-07-2015, 10:09 PM
I am not getting drunk tonight, but there's a 70% chance I'll be drunk tomorrow night. Reunion for grandpa's 90th at a casino

duovamp
08-07-2015, 10:12 PM
Put it all on black for duo. And for grandpa. That old son of a bitch.

duovamp
08-07-2015, 10:12 PM
Just watched the last two episodes of The Daily Show. That was sad.

MyOneAndOnly
08-07-2015, 10:23 PM
it's not like the damn Jew died