02-04-2015, 07:16 PM
This album is fantastic.

Take Me To Church - obviously an amazing song

other amazing songs:
It Will Come Back
From Eden

and pretty much all the rest of the songs are good to great

anyone else diggin' it?

(repost cause i posted it on the wrong forum)

pavementtune
02-04-2015, 07:42 PM
This album is fantastic.

have you listened to any live/acoustic versions of these songs yet?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GgWOJIC6Kp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YcHOxhGNq3g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

"Sedated" is stuck in my head.

pavementtune
02-04-2015, 07:51 PM
and I'm guessing you don't know Anúna, reprise?

the solist is Hozier

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C0yfAlQogak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RqabVDNrhlY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

reprise85
02-04-2015, 07:54 PM
i have not yet. thanks for the links

fuzzyroes
02-04-2015, 08:34 PM
:erm::erm:

Sonic Johnny
02-04-2015, 09:07 PM
YEAH I KNOW RIGHT BRAH WHY DIDNT REPRISE POST SOME RAWKIN SHIT LIKE BLOODHOUND GENGE OR MXPX OR EVEN SOME MONKEY PISS

fuzzyroes
02-04-2015, 09:43 PM
You a hozier fan Johnny? lol

toase
02-04-2015, 09:48 PM
Never heard of him before
But I'm digging it

pavementtune
02-04-2015, 10:10 PM

But I'm digging it

that's my cue to post my favorite one

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5_JUReD3QoE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

toase
02-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Listening that right now

when I first saw the thumbnail of the cover art I thought it was some guy from slipknot

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e5/Hozier_album.jpg

hahahaha sort of...
https://ebssweden.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/mickthomson.jpg

toase
02-04-2015, 10:25 PM
Like Real People Do is great

Sonic Johnny
02-04-2015, 10:27 PM
You a hozier fan Johnny? lol

Never heard of him before
But I'm digging it
^

also seriously we made you a thread of your own to go be horrible in why are you even bothering to crash into a thread about some actually good music just to let everyone know you prefer moronic dribble music?

fuzzyroes
02-04-2015, 10:30 PM
All I did was post a comical emoticon

fuzzyroes
02-04-2015, 10:35 PM
But come on, this is total mom-rock. May I allso interest you guys in some Electric Light Orchestra?

The exploding boy
02-04-2015, 10:36 PM
This sounds like the kind of music adults listen to, what are you guys trying to pull?

The exploding boy
02-04-2015, 10:37 PM
Great now i look like im parodying fuzzy.

Trotskilicious
02-04-2015, 10:37 PM
why does he keep thinking we're his friends

The exploding boy
02-04-2015, 10:41 PM
Mom rock is the beatles. That's what my mom listens to. WHAT IS MOM ROCK?

I guess it may be that moms listen to a lot of different things. Who knew moms could also be individuals?

"yes please, could you direct me to the mom section?" says every mother who ever just gave birth

And yes they go to record stores. Cause they're now moms and as such automatically SO oudated.

pavementtune
02-04-2015, 10:45 PM
But come on, this is total mom-rock.

it isn't rock, in whatever form.
and didn't your recently scold elphy for talking down to people with a different taste? yes? so what exactly do you think you are doing right now?

Sonic Johnny
02-04-2015, 10:47 PM
do you think if we strapped fuzzy and elph together that their diametrically opposite but equally potent stupidity would create a source unlimited energy? I mean they'd be spinning pretty fast.

The exploding boy
02-04-2015, 10:49 PM
Does he have songs about video games? I like songs about video games. I was so pissed at Lana Del Ray for misleading me this way with her stupid song.

fuzzyroes
02-04-2015, 10:51 PM
Come on guys, this is some pretty bland, boring, uninspired music. Sounds like the stuff they'd have up at the counter of a Starbucks coffee shop or something.

The exploding boy
02-04-2015, 10:56 PM
You're gonna hurt elph again SJ.

The truth is i'm a bit shallow like elph. More than i'd like to admit to. I'm always there commenting on what so and so looks like on my telly and thinking "i might like this band more if they didn't look like such douches/hipsters/dorks/whathaveyou"

Thankfully i'm good at avoiding mirrors. But i'm also not out there trying to sell records.

Though if i was i'm 100% sure someone would say "i wish this guy wouln't look like such a douche hipster dork"

pavementtune
02-04-2015, 10:57 PM
you are doing EXACTLY what you usually complain about - people coming in "your threads" - shitting on your taste. and then you cry "hey mods, can someone delete CAICs posts in this thread."

so - kindly fuck off. you don't like it? fine, I'd have been surprised if you would. you have plenty of topics to talk about nofx or whatever else you enjoy.

reprise85
02-04-2015, 10:57 PM
I find it very inspired. You should watch some of those live videos. Some of the parts I thought were two guitars are actually just one. He is a fantastic guitarist and a great songwriter.

Go away fuzzy.

toase
02-04-2015, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry
http://theuglydance.com/?v=tjpxiwjejff

pavementtune
02-04-2015, 11:00 PM
Does he have songs about video games? I like songs about video games.

sure, here you go

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HtLQhX2297s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seriously though, the video quality is shit, but the sound is alright. I love this song.
"mom ROCK". fucking hell.

toase
02-04-2015, 11:13 PM
Holy shit
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MYSVMgRr6pw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

reprise85
02-04-2015, 11:21 PM
I don't understand how Take Me To Church is such a popular song but it sort of gives me a little hope for humanity.

reprise85
02-04-2015, 11:23 PM
No masters or kings when the ritual begins
There is no sweeter innocence than our gentle sin
In the madness and soil of that sad earthly scene
Only then I am human
Only then I am clean
Amen. Amen. Amen

reprise85
02-04-2015, 11:24 PM
The Amens in the song are also very well done. Don't know how else to explain that. The melody for them is very inventive considering he is saying one word.

toase
02-04-2015, 11:25 PM
yeah, with that video, it was just
wow

pavementtune
02-04-2015, 11:32 PM
reprise, you are in Florida right?
I suck at US geography, so no clue how far that is, but he's playing Tampa and Jacksonville in May.
eh, Jacksonville is sold out already.

reprise85
02-04-2015, 11:57 PM
i'm like 250 miles from tampa, much further from jacksonville. so about 400km. too far. boo

The exploding boy
02-05-2015, 12:14 AM
sure, here you go

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HtLQhX2297s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seriously though, the video quality is shit, but the sound is alright. I love this song.
"mom ROCK". fucking hell.

I'm not listening to this! it's called work song. What are you trying to achieve here exactly? Indoctrinate me into your working world? Nice try. I'm done with this guy, i bet he's a pussy faggot at Call of Duty anyway.

And you know if this guy spent more time being concerned with what the kids like instead of doing his lame mom thing, maybe he'd sell more records than Billy Corgan and have a top 40 billboard record. Guess who won't be giving creativity classes and inspiring several couple of people at a tea shop any time soon? I'll give you a hint, he's irish and plays music for your mom.

fuzzyroes
02-05-2015, 12:18 AM
You like this guy too Exploding Boy?

Sonic Johnny
02-05-2015, 12:23 AM
WILL YOU SHUT UP AND FUCK OFF

pavementtune
02-05-2015, 12:25 AM
maybe he'd sell more records than Billy Corgan and have a top 40 billboard record.
he does, he has.
isn't that funny. some faggy Irish mom rocker out-selling the Corgster.

fuzzyroes
02-05-2015, 12:31 AM
WILL YOU SHUT UP AND FUCK OFF

Grow up.

Sonic Johnny
02-05-2015, 12:36 AM
Grow up.

Go fuck yourself. You're the one who feels the need to shit on everyone else's parade. We're a bunch of adults discussing music you don't like and you burst in here all "YO TEB DO YOU REALLY LIKE THIS GUY?! FUCKIN MOM ROCK RIGHT?! HUH?!"

You're a fucking Adam Sandler character. You're a caricature of a frat douche rendered in real life in a way that would be tragic if you weren't so fucking happy to be such a third-rate piece of human garbage.

reprise85
02-05-2015, 12:38 AM
Grow up.

http://high3img.soundclick.com/26/pro/album/4/591884_8403.JPG?version=151

fuzzyroes
02-05-2015, 12:49 AM
how nice, now reprise is digging up a haggard 5am taken image to try and belittle me.

Yeah I'm an ugly guy, came off a 9 hour shift and hadn't showered so I'm wearing a baseball cap cause my hairs greasy as fuck... Let's all laugh at Fuzz

fuzzyroes
02-05-2015, 12:53 AM
Go fuck yourself. You're the one who feels the need to shit on everyone else's parade. We're a bunch of adults discussing music you don't like and you burst in here all "YO TEB DO YOU REALLY LIKE THIS GUY?! FUCKIN MOM ROCK RIGHT?! HUH?!"

You're a fucking Adam Sandler character. You're a caricature of a frat douche rendered in real life in a way that would be tragic if you weren't so fucking happy to be such a third-rate piece of human garbage.

Whatever man, nobody wasted any time to tell me how terrible a band is any time that I started a thread to discuss a musician that I liked... And believe me man. I never usually jump in if it's a band that I find terrible, but every so often there becomes a time where someone brings up a band and it's like "you've gotta be kidding me"... And even then I merely posted an amusing emoticon.

Elphenor
02-05-2015, 12:55 AM
Your problem is assuming that everything is trying to Rock

There are a lot of different styles of music

fuzzyroes
02-05-2015, 12:58 AM
It certainly falls under the blanket of rock. Simplistic 4/4 rock drum beats, guy wailing away in a baritone vocal style, piano all in the major key

Elphenor
02-05-2015, 01:00 AM
But I mean it's obviously not trying to get you headbanging c'mon

fuzzyroes
02-05-2015, 01:01 AM
nothing considered "rock" is anymore. Imagine Dragons and the Hosier band are played on my local "rock" radio station.

fuzzyroes
02-05-2015, 01:03 AM
And I only bring up Imagine Dragons because I think they sound a lot like this Hosier band/solo act(?)

pavementtune
02-05-2015, 01:28 AM
It certainly falls under the blanket of rock. Simplistic 4/4 rock drum beats, guy wailing away in a baritone vocal style, piano all in the major key

I don't give a shit what your local radio station plays - they are probably not as dense as you are and play more than mom-rock despite running under the label rock radio.

1: the musician's name is HOZIER - not Hosier. if you shit on someone without having even heard more than one song, get the fucking name right.

2: it is not rock. have you ever listened to genres called "folk" or "blues"? no? then how about you crawl back to your fuzzy-troll-thread, drink a bunch of beers in your basement and enjoy the music you enjoy, and shut the fuck up in a thread about a musican you can't stand.

that guy is a blues guitarist, who happened to play in a teenaged blues band, then joined a choir singing celtic songs, studied music, dropped out and accidentally landed a hit - and then shat out an album when he had the platform for it.

so fuck off with your "you gotta be kidding me" idiocy, talking about "mom-rock".
please.

fuzzyroes
02-05-2015, 01:58 AM
http://cdn.meme.li/instances/250x250/52910266.jpg

Trotskilicious
02-05-2015, 02:13 AM
HOW MUCH DO YOU FUCKING HATE YOURSELF TO PUT UP WITH THIS

Trotskilicious
02-05-2015, 02:14 AM
do you think if we strapped fuzzy and elph together that their diametrically opposite but equally potent stupidity would create a source unlimited energy? I mean they'd be spinning pretty fast.

why don't you have your Rick avatar anymore because

pavementtune
02-05-2015, 02:16 AM
HOW MUCH DO YOU FUCKING HATE YOURSELF TO PUT UP WITH THIS

plenty. and apparently nobody here has him on ignore. are we all crazy.

Trotskilicious
02-05-2015, 02:18 AM
i do but he posts enough stuff like that fucking picture that needs to be read so we get a better understanding of someone who is a high school dropout that still manages to write pretty perfect english

Trotskilicious
02-05-2015, 02:18 AM
just something to think about

the party trihermatops

pavementtune
02-05-2015, 02:20 AM
serious question, though, I haven't heard that much about/from fuzzy to know: is it okay to give him shit or... I mean, does he have a condition or something...how should I put this...

is he mentally retarded? disabled? what's the fucking correct term.

Trotskilicious
02-05-2015, 02:22 AM
his command of english leads one to believe no but perhaps canadia is just better at getting their dumb people to be literate if not ignorant

Sonic Johnny
02-05-2015, 02:25 AM
I speculate that he's prolly mildly autistic like Aspergers spectrum, which he seemed to find super offensive.

pavementtune
02-05-2015, 02:28 AM
fuck it. fuzzy, please answer this one:
do you have a medically recognized condition that makes your brain slower than most, or not.
I don't want to be the schoolyard asshole that makes fun of the kid with trisomy 21.

The exploding boy
02-05-2015, 03:28 AM
he does, he has.
isn't that funny. some faggy Irish mom rocker out-selling the Corgster.

(i know)

To answer fuzzy'z question honestly. No i don't actually really care for hozier. I also don't feel that he's an... enemy of modern music? (or "rock") his thing is soulish bluesy tinged indie. From what i can tell. That's not "mom rock". It's not "my thing" either (but then again what is). But I do think it has integrity though. In the sense that, it is not something that sounds of the time and yet he is being popular. That always says something to me. It's not like say... a Mumford and Sons where you can hear the gimmick from miles away.

The exploding boy
02-05-2015, 03:30 AM
I guess pave already covered most of this above i didnt read after the post i'd quoted

Trotskilicious
02-05-2015, 03:56 AM
I speculate that he's prolly mildly autistic like Aspergers spectrum, which he seemed to find super offensive.

this gets batted around too much by dr stranger internet psychologist way too often

catherine wheel is more probable tho

The exploding boy
02-05-2015, 04:30 AM
I bat this around a lot myself.

reprise85
02-05-2015, 05:52 AM
hey guys, so that Hozier album. it's pretty good, isnt it?

reprise85
02-05-2015, 05:59 AM

not even take me to church is all 4/4. if you are going to try to make fun of it you should probably at least listen to it before you say the time signature is all 4/4 when not even the hit song is all 4/4.

from eden is at least partly in 5/4. literally the first two songs i checked are not in 4/4. stop being ignorant

LaBelle
02-05-2015, 06:05 AM
This Take Me To Church song is pretty awesome.
Really digging this dude's voice.

Eulogy
02-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Wait

What's wrong with ELO?

And I saw him do SNL and the take me to church chorus vocal melody got lodged in my brain for a bit but I'm not sure I liked it.

toase
02-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Watch the video

ELO is nice

Trotskilicious
02-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Robert johnson? More like non rocking hipster fag

fuzzyroes
02-05-2015, 10:57 PM
fuck it. fuzzy, please answer this one:
do you have a medically recognized condition that makes your brain slower than most, or not.
I don't want to be the schoolyard asshole that makes fun of the kid with trisomy 21.

Haha nope. I did struggle with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder growing up, but as an adult I sought out help and it doesn't affect me much anymore... Eating healthy and drinking alcohol has definitely helped it a lot.

The exploding boy
02-06-2015, 12:35 AM
It seems like a contradiction to eat healthy and then drink alcohol.

AndySlash
02-06-2015, 12:52 AM
i hate this.

Sonic Johnny
02-06-2015, 01:31 AM
Robert johnson? More like non rocking hipster fag

:rofl:

pavementtune
02-06-2015, 11:29 AM
Haha nope. I did struggle with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder growing up, but as an adult I sought out help and it doesn't affect me much anymore... Eating healthy and drinking alcohol has definitely helped it a lot.

ah okay, I didn't expect you to answer, but it bothered me a bit, so thanks.
we can keep playing schoolyard then
*see the puddle over there? I'm gonna take your stupid hat, throw it in, and jump on it for saying "mom-rock"*

fuzzyroes
02-07-2015, 04:40 AM
It seems like a contradiction to eat healthy and then drink alcohol.

Yeah, I suppose it is... But when I was a teenager I'd buy a jumbo slurpee/bag of doritos/hotdog combo every day and would pretty much live off shit like that... I really never drank water or anything, only juice. I was always lethargic and shit.

Now a days all I drink aside from alcohol is water... lots and lots of water and I make sure to try and abide by the daily food charts. I also take a type of Omega 3 that promotes a positive mood balance and that helps a lot.

The exploding boy
02-07-2015, 04:46 AM
i do make sure to get omega 3 because even if the research about it helping mental health is inconclusive, i figure it can't hurt either way so i may as well

Abiding by the food chart and not overeating seems difficult to me...the amount of stuff you're supposed to eat...

fuzzyroes
02-07-2015, 04:57 AM
Yeah, I can't say I follow it to a tee, but I try to be cognoscente of it.

Theres a type of Omega 3 called Omega 3 Calm manufactured by the Jameson company and it's really worked wonders for me. I started taking it regularly after studying therapy and it's made a world of difference for me.

Heres the description of it:

"Formulated with a high concentration of the Omega-3 essential fatty acid eicosapenatenoic acid (EPA), Omega-3 Calm™ helps regulate moods and supports emotional well-being, easing the symptoms of depression and related emotional disorders, including sadness, anxiety, sleep disturbances and the risk of seasonal affective changes.

This pharmaceutical-grade product is formulated with a high concentration of the Omega-3 essential fatty acid eicosapenatenoic acid (EPA). A precursor to the eicosanoids, EPA may affect mood by triggering specific receptors in the brain. It also exerts anti-inflammatory effects that can positively influence mental health .

Omega-3 Calm™ is formulated with EPA and DHA in their natural triglyceride form for optimal bioavailabilty. The DHA and EPA are extracted from sardines and anchovies, which have lower levels of contaminants than other cold-water fish because they feed directly on plankton.

Jamieson fish oil is then purified using a gentle molecular-distillation process to remove all traces of mercury and other micro-contaminants. "

fuzzyroes
02-07-2015, 05:00 AM
It's pretty expensive though. Usually costs about 20 bucks a bottle for 60 capsules... And they recommend that you take 3 a day.

It's totally worth it though, It really has helped make a big difference for me. If you try taking it regularly for a few months I think you'll start to feel a little better.

reprise85
02-07-2015, 08:18 AM
you could probably find a much cheaper one that is exactly the same. like nature made has 100 ct bottles, 2 a day, for like $9 plus there are always coupons and sales.

reprise85
02-26-2015, 04:59 PM
Hozier is going to be at Sunfest. Probably will go. SP was at it last year and I didn't bother.

slunken
02-26-2015, 05:07 PM
just the other day i was thinking about how amazing i have been feeling lately due to new vitamins

pavementtune
02-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Hozier is going to be at Sunfest. Probably will go. SP was at it last year and I didn't bother.

He played here yesterday - and I stayed home, too tired. Now I regret it.

reprise85
05-09-2015, 01:33 PM
Dude was fucking amazing at Sunfest. There had to be at least 50,000 people watching. We were far away because we didn't want to be in a thick crowd. His voice is amazing, even better in person and the band was spectacular. The crowd absolutely loved it. He didn't play Take Me To Church until the second to last song and still had the crowd the whole time.

He said it was his first time headlining a festival. Ever since I went I've been listening to his work. I think I may have found a new favorite band. I don't know if it was his biggest audience ever but either way he translated live very well, which surprised me a little. I'd have thought it was more of an intimate band.

My sister has a master's degree in music and was with me, she was in awe of his voice and the performance. Only knew the song TMTC

Also when the music stops and he sings Amen in that song... surreal moment with the whole crowd singing it. I was thinking how much it was like some kind of strange/depraved church all saying amen at once. Truly fun.

reprise85
05-09-2015, 01:38 PM
But come on, this is total mom-rock. May I allso interest you guys in some Electric Light Orchestra?

And I only bring up Imagine Dragons because I think they sound a lot like this Hosier band/solo act(?)

just going through this thread and loling at the stupidity

hozier has extreme cross-age appeal
not simplistic at all, very much blues/soul and almost gospel, has key changes, time signature changes, different styles, guy has an amazing soulful voice. great lyricist. i'd tack on rock at the very end
imagine dragons sounds absolutely nothing like hozier. like. at all.

Trotskilicious
05-09-2015, 04:17 PM
i hate this.

me too, sounds like those blogger hype bands

Sonic Johnny
05-09-2015, 05:43 PM
but reprise fuzzy knows what he's talking about. He considers himself almost a music writer or critic!

Trotskilicious
05-09-2015, 05:51 PM
hes very knowledgable

fuzzyroes
05-09-2015, 06:24 PM
the song take me to church plays at my work all the time. It's the most generic unoriginal thing ever... Not sure what all the fuss is about. The songwritings pretty weak.

Is it just the guys voice that appeals to people?

Sonic Johnny
05-09-2015, 06:37 PM
Sayeth fuzz, patron of musical originality

Sonic Johnny
05-09-2015, 08:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tfHmM88.jpg

reprise85
05-09-2015, 10:31 PM
take me to church is a great song but the album has a lot of other great material on it that i like better

really been digging cherry wine and in the woods somewhere

and fuzzy it is demonstrably false that it's all in 4/4, in major keys. in fact i'd bet the majority of songs are not in 4/4. you may not like them but the song structures are definitely complex. then again you seemed to only have heard one song, probably the most straightfoward one on the album, and have proceeded to come up with you own narrative about what the album must sound like. seems legit. i mean i have no problem with you not liking it, it's just hard to watch you come up with ridiculous reasons why it's terrible generic shit. just stick to saying you don't like it instead of making yourself look like an idiot would you

Sonic Johnny
05-10-2015, 01:37 AM
But every so often there becomes a time where someone brings up a band!

fuzzyroes
05-10-2015, 06:07 PM
take me to church is a great song but the album has a lot of other great material on it that i like better

really been digging cherry wine and in the woods somewhere

and fuzzy it is demonstrably false that it's all in 4/4, in major keys. in fact i'd bet the majority of songs are not in 4/4. you may not like them but the song structures are definitely complex. then again you seemed to only have heard one song, probably the most straightfoward one on the album, and have proceeded to come up with you own narrative about what the album must sound like. seems legit. i mean i have no problem with you not liking it, it's just hard to watch you come up with ridiculous reasons why it's terrible generic shit. just stick to saying you don't like it instead of making yourself look like an idiot would you

Well if you like it that's great, but I can't shake the mom-rock vibes from the group.

"Take me to church"? gimme a break, all the middle class American masses gotta be eating that up with a spoon.

Trotskilicious
05-10-2015, 06:43 PM
mom rock, gendered insults, condescending to the masses hyocritically merely in an attempt to save gace by being broke down about his tenuous grasp on music theory

sas sad stuff

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 06:43 PM
Does anyone even like Hozier here outside of Reprise?

If so, I bet you guys are big Sam Smith fans too

reprise85
05-13-2015, 07:22 PM
see, sam smith is sorta pleasant to listen to but he doesn't have the depth or songwriting ability like hozier has and his voice is sort of contrived. i mean you're comparing pop/soul to a bad ass blues/soul/gospel/rock band with an inventive songwriter with not only a good voice, but a very unique one.

IMO

reprise85
05-13-2015, 07:23 PM
Well if you like it that's great, but I can't shake the mom-rock vibes from the group.

"Take me to church"? gimme a break, all the middle class American masses gotta be eating that up with a spoon.

you realize it's an anti-christianity song right

reprise85
05-13-2015, 07:34 PM
mom rock, gendered insults, condescending to the masses hyocritically merely in an attempt to save gace by being broke down about his tenuous grasp on music theory

sas sad stuff

but dude it's all 4/4 in major keys im in a band called monkey piss i know these things. we change keys and time signatures all the time!

fuzzy how many of your songs have more than five chords

reprise85
05-13-2015, 07:36 PM
(nothing wrong with simple songs but fuzzy complaining about them is like dookie era green day saying mozart is simple)

pavementtune
05-13-2015, 07:42 PM
you're comparing pop/soul to blues/soul/gospel/rock

exactly, but he heard one song and has been told about 10 times by now that it's not "mom-rock".

I will now start introducing fuzzy to more Hozier tracks - via youtube - in one of your many threads, maybe then you can stop trolling in this one, it's annoying.

reprise85
05-13-2015, 07:55 PM
been listening to foreigner's god and cherry wine a lot

Her eyes and words are so icy
Oh but she burns
Like rum on the fire
Hot and fast and angry
As she can be
I walk my days on a wire

It looks ugly, but it's clean
Oh mama, don't fuss over me

The way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine
Open hand or closed fist would be fine
The blood is rare and sweet as cherry wine

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 08:22 PM
"Take me to church"? gimme a break

you sure are fond of asking us to give you a break, which is amazing, really.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:06 PM
I've listened to the whole Hozier album, and it was quite the exercise in futility... It's a grind to get through and it was all very bland...

But you know it's inoffensive, safe, pleasant music... The stuff that the masses go ballistic for.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:08 PM
but dude it's all 4/4 in major keys im in a band called monkey piss i know these things. we change keys and time signatures all the time!

fuzzy how many of your songs have more than five chords

I actually take pride in my guitar playing, and I'm quite certain I'm a far better guitarist than whoever this Hozier guy actually is.
'

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:08 PM
exactly, but he heard one song and has been told about 10 times by now that it's not "mom-rock".

I will now start introducing fuzzy to more Hozier tracks - via youtube - in one of your many threads, maybe then you can stop trolling in this one, it's annoying.

actually pave, I've listened to the whole album.

I'm not gonna spout out music critique unless I've gave the whole body of work a chance.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:10 PM
dude you listen to nothing but the most inoffensive safe music. You only like music that has a big hook in the chorus. Anything structurally unusual, dissonant, or challenging you dismiss as hipster bullshit.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Like I really don't know where you get this idea that you're a unique, sophisticated auteur in a world full of of mindless sheep who enjoy what they're told to enjoy. You listen exclusively to bands that are or were extremely popular at one point or another.

reprise85
I actually take pride in my guitar playing, and I'm quite certain I'm a far better guitarist than whoever this Hozier guy actually is.
'

lol prove it

fuzzyroes
there you go throwing around personal insults while we're discussing a certain artist... I should have come to expect these childish tactics from you at this point though.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:15 PM
lol prove it

look up secondrate rejects on myspace and listen to four to nothing and listen to the guitar solo

Trotskilicious
05-13-2015, 09:17 PM
she asked you to prove it, thats not a personal attack you absolute tit

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:18 PM
there you go throwing around personal insults while we're discussing a certain artist... I should have come to expect these childish tactics from you at this point though.

no no, it was actually a direct refutation of your assertion that we're all just gobbling up music "designed for the masses" unlike you, when in fact the exact opposite is the case and I can prove it.

fuzzyroes
awhh shit, that song aint up

fuzzyroes
she asked you to prove it, thats not a personal attack you absolute tit

I was talking to SJ you no-mind

reprise85
i mean he's no billy corgan crazy guitar soloist but he's a very good fingerpicker

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:19 PM
no no, it was actually a direct refutation of your assertion that we're all just gobbling up music "designed for the masses" unlike you, when in fact the exact opposite is the case and I can prove it.

What the hell do you think Hozier is man?

Safe, bland music created and marketed for the masses

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:19 PM
awhh shit, that song aint up

surprise. upload it then. i'll be waiting.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:20 PM
look up secondrate rejects on myspace and listen to four to nothing and listen to the guitar solo

:rofl: high school riffs much?

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:21 PM

Hozier is an Irish singer who basically was songwriting as a hobby and got picked up because of great luck and overwhelming talent. He was not a contrived band/singer, he writes all of his own material, and it is not bland. You may not like it but it is complex music that has depth of lyrics and emotion. Good god man.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:22 PM

YOU ENJOY SAFE BLAND MUSIC MARKETED TO THE MASSES YOU DIPSHIT

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:23 PM
:rofl: high school riffs much?

now i feel bad. he's actually delusional.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:24 PM
surprise. upload it then. i'll be waiting.

I don't even have a copy of the CD at the moment, it's in storage with the rest of my massive cd collection.

You can check out my fuzzyroes page on soundclick. Theres a song called "another day passed" that I recorded many years ago on a radioshack microphone. Sound quality sucks, but I think it demenonstrates that I know my way around the fretboard more than the Hozier singer.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:24 PM
I would link it, but I got in trouble for doing that in the past here

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:26 PM
NOFX 6 Million albums sold in the US Alone
Def Leppard multiple times platinum for multiple albums
Bloodhound Gang >6 Million albums sold
The Offspring OVER 36 MILLION ALBUMS WORLDWIDE

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Millencollin 2 million albums sold

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Don't you get it? Just cause it's mass-marketed garbage with a denim vest and a mohawk instead of an armani dress and a perm doesn't make it not mass-marketed garbage

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:29 PM
I don't even have a copy of the CD at the moment, it's in storage with the rest of my massive cd collection.

You can check out my fuzzyroes page on soundclick. Theres a song called "another day passed" that I recorded many years ago on a radioshack microphone. Sound quality sucks, but I think it demenonstrates that I know my way around the fretboard more than the Hozier singer.

I mean you aren't terrible but you in no way have exceptional talent. not to mention, songwriting on a high level is a completely different skill than playing fast on a fretboard. which, btw, you aren't even doing. just because Hozier doesn't play complex solos doesn't mean he's an untalented guitar player. he isn't playing alternative rock. i feel like you wouldn't know a talented guitarist if one fell on you

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:33 PM
JOHNNY GREENWOOD MORE LIKE NON ROCKING NO FINGER TAPPING SOLOS HIPSTER BULLSHIT

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:34 PM
if you don't see how a simple acoustic fingerpicking song like cherry wine requires much more talent than whatever it is you think you're doing i don't know where to even begin

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EtRIz7VocNs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:35 PM
I mean you aren't terrible but you in no way have exceptional talent. not to mention, songwriting on a high level is a completely different skill than playing fast on a fretboard. which, btw, you aren't even doing. just because Hozier doesn't play complex solos doesn't mean he's an untalented guitar player. he isn't playing alternative rock. i feel like you wouldn't know a talented guitarist if one fell on you

well all of those recordings aside from the top 2 are like 8 years old... I'm working on a new batch of soulful acoustic. I'll share it when its done, and you'll definitely confide that it's better guitar playing than Hozier.

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:36 PM
i mean whatever, hozier doesn't need me to stick up for him

it's just hilarious and a little sad how strange your version of reality is.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:37 PM
alright, I confide that that's actually a soothing little guitar lick in the cherry wine clip.. But he ruins it with his horrible, self indulgent vocals/vocal melodies.

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:37 PM
well all of those recordings aside from the top 2 are like 8 years old... I'm working on a new batch of soulful acoustic. I'll share it when its done, and you'll definitely confide that it's better guitar playing than Hozier.

alright, let's set a date for this. i'll give you 6 months.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:38 PM
i know a ton of guys that sing just like him in that same tone and the same boring melodies, they're dime a dozen

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:38 PM
Oh my god you NEED a stranger on the internet to know that you are DEFINITELY a better guitar player than THAT HOZIER DUDE

Jesus christ man grow up.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:39 PM
Also you don't have any kind of response to my illustration that the music you like is in fact, extremely popular music.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:39 PM
alright, let's set a date for this. i'll give you 6 months.

I'll record or a little something in the next few weeks just to throw up on my soundclick

I'm 10X the player that I am in any of my recordings, I just don't bother trying to record shit for the most part unless it's in my punk band... which isn't about guitar playing at all.

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:40 PM
alright, I confide that that's actually a soothing little guitar lick in the cherry wine clip.. But he ruins it with his horrible, self indulgent vocals/vocal melodies.

i mean, he's a classically trained vocalist. dunno what else to say. he's been in orchestras and choral groups his whole life.

fuzzyroes
Also you don't have any kind of response to my illustration that the music you like is in fact, extremely popular music.

It's popular cause it's good. It's not popular cause it's played at supermarkets 10 times a day.

reprise85
i know a ton of guys that sing just like him in that same tone and the same boring melodies, they're dime a dozen

link me one. just one.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:42 PM
It's popular cause it's good. It's not popular cause it's played at supermarkets 10 times a day.

So if you like something and it sells six million albums it did so on the back of being good, but if you don't like something and it sells six million albums it's because mindless sheep were told to like it? :think:

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:43 PM

i mean i feel like you're trying to say this is in the same category as taylor swift or one direction or even maroon 5 which is so ridiculous it seems almost impossible that you'd make such a comparison.

i mean like i said like him or don't, but i think i need to stop making fun of you because you are in fact mentally... different

Sonic Johnny
Like does it not occur to you that record labels see how much money people spend on pop-inflected "punk" music and decide to market music to that particular crowd? Do you really think you're exempt from the influence of big label money with bands that play Warped tour?

Trotskilicious
I was talking to SJ you no-mind

no mind is a personal attack or at least an attempt at one, you relentless turd monster

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:45 PM
hehe relentless turd monster

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:45 PM
hozier reminds me of that guy who had the hit: "somebody that I used to know"... He was all of the rage, all of the bloggers were raving about him... then after everyone grew tired of that 1 song you never heard from the guy again.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:46 PM
hozier reminds me of that guy who had the hit: "somebody that I used to know"... He was all of the rage, all of the bloggers were raving about him... then after everyone grew tired of that 1 song you never heard from the guy again.

Who are these "bloggers" you keep talking about?

Trotskilicious
05-13-2015, 09:47 PM

how come all your music was made years ago? is the truth really that youre a loser hasbeen with zero inspiration, talent or work ethic?

i bet you had big plans, but now yr just a shitty old man

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:48 PM
Also Gotye may have only had one big hit in the states but he's been a massive staple of "alternative"/college radio here for years now. Also I think you're confusing hitting the end of an album cycle with dropping out of favour

Trotskilicious
I'll record or a little something in the next few weeks just to throw up on my soundclick

I'm 10X the player that I am in any of my recordings, I just don't bother trying to record shit for the most part unless it's in my punk band... which isn't about guitar playing at all.

so convenient

fuzzyroes
lol sadly you're kinda right trotsky. My focus has shifted from music to sports wagering to a large extent in the past 5 years

Trotskilicious
05-13-2015, 09:49 PM
do you think fuzzy has a personality disorder? isnt that usually what causes tenhous grip on reality, inconsistent logic/standards and above all delusions of grandeur?

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:50 PM
lol sadly you're kinda right trotsky. My focus has shifted from music to sports wagering to a large extent in the past 5 years

groan

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:50 PM
once I turned 25 it was pretty clear that the chances of having a living off of music all relied on what family members you shared and who you can schmooze on up to to make you famous.

The music industry is in shambles and is dead...No reason to really work my ass off all day long in hopes that I can make a living off of music when theres no chance of it even if I am at the top of my game.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:51 PM
Also Gotye may have only had one big hit in the states but he's been a massive staple of "alternative"/college radio here for years now. Also I think you're confusing hitting the end of an album cycle with dropping out of favour

yeah, sure, we'll see if Gotye will return to the charts with his next release... My guess is NO:banging:

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:53 PM
do you think fuzzy has a personality disorder? isnt that usually what causes tenhous grip on reality, inconsistent logic/standards and above all delusions of grandeur?

ahhh another office chair MD... Nice to hear your diagnosis Trotsky:rofl:

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:53 PM

possibly just low iq or even mild intellectual disability with some personality disorder traits. i think it's mostly Dunning-Kruger effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect) on a globalized scale, as in most aspects of his life. i think autism spectrum is possible too but he seems oddly social for that. really i don't know but my wager would be primarily intellectual disability or sub-clinical low iq

no offense fuzzball

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:55 PM
I'm really surprised to see you of all people give me some superficial psychiatric evaluation.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 09:56 PM
as if you even have the slightest clue as to what you're babbling about aside from your own personal evaluations

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:57 PM
I'm really surprised to see you of all people give me some superficial psychiatric evaluation.

Almost leads you to wonder if you're behaving like an awful prat doesn't it?

reprise85
05-13-2015, 09:59 PM

generally i refrain from doing such a thing, that's true. in your case you are a bit of an oddity and it's fun to think about

just a layman's opinion who has an above average grasp of psychology. nothing more, not meant to mean anything more than that.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 09:59 PM
People might be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on occasion if you hadn't displayed such a comprehensive unwillingness to concede that you're wrong from time to time, even in the face of demonstrable evidence to the contrary of your position.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:00 PM
well Reprise has always struck me as an open minded woman who's recognized the vast universe as far as psychiatric and mental inference can go and for her to start flapping her gums off the tee about what she feels I succumb to is a little perplexing

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:01 PM
really the only mental disorder I've ever had was OCD tendancies... which I've learned to control and minimize in adulthood, So I guess I am a bit of a mental fuck up, but I always have to laugh when people start throwing around autistic claims and shit like that

Sonic Johnny
Do you understand that people just don't go accusing you of being mentally ill because we're all just arseholes and we want to pick on you, right?

reprise85
well Reprise has always struck me as an open minded woman who's recognized the vast universe as far as psychiatric and mental inference can go and for her to start flapping her gums off the tee about what she feels I succumb to is a little perplexing

i didn't say you succumb to anything. i am an open minded person. your diagnosis or lack thereof does not define you, no matter what it is (or isn't)

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:02 PM
People might be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on occasion if you hadn't displayed such a comprehensive unwillingness to concede that you're wrong from time to time, even in the face of demonstrable evidence to the contrary of your position.

I'm very passionate and outspoken about music. It's my main passion really. So it's hard for me to refrain when people prop up some "of the moment mainstream" act that'll fizzle out after the hit single fades from the charts.

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:03 PM
really the only mental disorder I've ever had was OCD tendancies... which I've learned to control and minimize in adulthood, So I guess I am a bit of a mental fuck up, but I always have to laugh when people start throwing around autistic claims and shit like that

your behavior on this board is abnormal. i dont think you are autistic though, as i said. you seem to have the mentality of about a 16 year old (that might be a little generous, even). maybe that's a good thing. i don't know. just my observation.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 10:03 PM
It's actually based on an observable pattern of behaviours yknow.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 10:05 PM
I'm very passionate and outspoken about music. It's my main passion really. So it's hard for me to refrain when people prop up some "of the moment mainstream" act that'll fizzle out after the hit single fades from the charts.

It's not about "refraining", it's about engaging with the things other people are saying to you instead of just reflexively going "lol yeah thats a good one but no you are all sheep lolololol"

fuzzyroes
Do you understand that people just don't go accusing you of being mentally ill because we're all just arseholes and we want to pick on you, right?

Yes, it's cause some of you are pretentious, unaware snobs who think that you have any sort of psychiatry knowledge to the extent of actually handing out diagnoses to people.

I mean, it's gotta be hilarious to anyone with a sense of awareness.:rofl::noway:

Sonic Johnny
You're a manchild

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:06 PM
your behavior on this board is abnormal. i dont think you are autistic though, as i said. you seem to have the mentality of about a 16 year old (that might be a little generous, even). maybe that's a good thing. i don't know. just my observation.

I could easily say the same about you... You don't seem to have any of the ordinary attributes associated with adulthood. Pot calling the kettle black much?

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:06 PM

see, regardless of if Hozier ever has another hit song, he has a great album and i will continue to like him and probably his future work. i dont care if he is popular or not. he is a good songwriter with poignant lyrics and seems like a good person who i can relate to.

i dont give a fuck that he's popular except that it affords him the ability to tour so i can see him live.

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:07 PM
I could easily say the same about you... You don't seem to have any of the ordinary attributes associated with adulthood. Pot calling the kettle black much?

I'm going to refrain from getting into this with you out of respect.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:08 PM
You're a manchild

Thank you... And you're the bitter, grumpy old man yelling about kids accidentally stepping on his grass

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 10:09 PM

Okay now you can just go fuck yourself.

Reprise has been through huge trauma, has fought hard to return to some semblance of "normality", and on top of that has counselled more netphorians through their own struggles than you could imagine. She's a deeply self-aware, caring, and strong human being and you ought to show her a little respect.

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:09 PM
being an adult is pretty cool really.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 10:10 PM
What've you ever achieved? Dropped out of high school, played awful riffs in some shitty punk bands, gave up on yourself and now you gamble for a living.

edit: @fuzzy, duh

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:10 PM
I'm going to refrain from getting into this with you out of respect.

well, it seems from my perspective that we're both pretty much in the same boat as far as life successes go. We're both losers nearing 30 working shit jobs, living in a modest home, no immediate family of our own.

If I have the intelligence of a 16 year old it must be pretty sad for you to be in the same shoes as mine.

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:11 PM

Reprise has been through huge trauma, has fought hard to return to some semblance of "normality", and on top of that has counselled more netphorians through their own struggles than you could imagine. She's a deeply self-aware, caring, and strong human being and you ought to show her a little respect.

thanks SJ. i dont need to be defended though, and i dont need to defend myself. thank you though :)

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:11 PM

Yeah, but I don't share my lifes struggles with people on the internet. If I shared my hardcomings with you guys you'd probably be singing the same tune for me. But I don't wanna let my experiences define me.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 10:12 PM
She's not in the same shoes as you, she's getting an education and is going to do something with her life. You haven't even acknowledged that you have a problem yet.

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:12 PM
well, it seems from my perspective that we're both pretty much in the same boat as far as life successes go. We're both losers nearing 30 working shit jobs, living in a modest home, no immediate family of our own.

If I have the intelligence of a 16 year old it must be pretty sad for you to be in the same shoes as mine.

Ok man

I actually am 30 now btw

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 10:13 PM
Yeah, but I don't share my lifes struggles with people on the internet. If I shared my hardcomings with you guys you'd probably be singing the same tune for me. But I don't wanna let my experiences define me.

No we wouldn't. If you behaved like a halfway respectable human being, showed some humility from time to time and didn't just generally behave like a gaping arsehole maybe someone would have the time of day for you. Got nothing to do with sharing or not sharing your so called "hardcomings"

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:14 PM

Your experiences define you whether you want them to or not. They are a starting point, without which you would not be who you are today. And if you like that person, your experiences are something to be celebrated. Good, bad, or otherwise. My opinion.

They are, of course, not the only things that define you.

And if you don't like who you are, those experiences probably have a lot to do with that as well. We all get shit in life. Some are even born with it because they are born into bad families or born with genetic proclivities to mental or physical illnesses. Some people are better at dealing with the shit than others. Some need help. Some will never be able to deal with it. Some will never get out of the shit in the first place - they will die in the shit, emotionally or physically. But to deny your experiences are important is denying yourself. Again, my opinion.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:14 PM
She's not in the same shoes as you, she's getting an education and is going to do something with her life. You haven't even acknowledged that you have a problem yet.

I've got many problems man, that's for sure. but I'm a warrior, I work through em and deal with them.

I didn't know this was a therapy forum to vedge about my lifes traumas

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 10:15 PM
See when Reprise talks about behaving like a 15 year old what she's talking about is the way you respond to any and all personal criticism with ":rofl: lol yeah whatever you're just bitter cause i'm way better than all you guys lol"

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:17 PM
Your experiences define you whether you want them to or not. They are a starting point, without which you would not be who you are today. And if you like that person, your experiences are something to be celebrated. Good, bad, or otherwise. My opinion.

They are, of course, not the only things that define you.

I don't like myself and it's because of the many heaps of shit that have been tossed my way my whole life that lead me to be the way I am today.

Sure I'm a pompous loud mouth when it comes to music... Musics the one thing I can still gather up some passion towards.

I'm not making excuses at all. I am who I am. Sure that may suck, but hey, I've had my glories where they've laid. It's all just an experience

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:21 PM
I don't like myself and it's because of the many heaps of shit that have been tossed my way my whole life that lead me to be the way I am today.

Sure I'm a pompous loud mouth when it comes to music... Musics the one thing I can still gather up some passion towards.

I'm not making excuses at all. I am who I am. Sure that may suck, but hey, I've had my glories where they've laid. It's all just an experience

I completely relate to all of this. Shit being tossed my way, music being my only outlet for a long time, both during the shit and after the worst of the shit. Things can get better, but self awareness is key. You don't seem to be very self aware. No offense. That is something that can be worked on if you want to. It may lead to you liking yourself and making changes like dealing with your gambling problem. I think I like myself about 40% of the time now. Up from zero. It is possible. I never had a gambling problem but did have a drug problem that I still have minor struggles with.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:25 PM
yeah, I've definitely had some traumas through out life at different points and sometimes it's hard to not let that shit get in the way with who you are or who you wanna be.

It's not that I hate myself or like myself, I just see my body as mechanism to serve for my own perception.. Sure it seems like the screws have been taken to me too many times to count(sometimes as a result of my own fault, many times not) but it's all just an experience. I can't really be proud of the person I am and I can't really be dissapointed in it either.

But Musics always been that one thing there for me, and it's the one thing that always warrants a strong opinion out of me- to the displeasure of many.. .But hey it's just an opinion after all.

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:28 PM
who do you want to be, fuzzy?

feel free to ignore me, but is a serious question

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:30 PM
a man that makes good money, lives comfortably, has a good time, travels, gives back to society, work for animal rights...

Short answer: Make good money and use some of it to make a difference.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:31 PM
let's face it... despite any internal struggles that we're faced with... some to bigger or lessening degrees... Money always makes it A LOT more tolerable... Hell, money can make you straight up forget a lot of it too.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:32 PM
and money can help you deal with problems ... Pretty much the main key to our society is make as much money as you can and the rest will follow.

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:35 PM
ok, and how are you going to get that money... gambling? work? inheritance? lawsuit? how?

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:37 PM
yeah, I'm really working hard at the gambling thing. I made over 1300 hundred in the last month on baseball and a little NBA.. I've been studying the sabremetrics to a tee and I'm really optimistic right now.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:38 PM
people will call it a dumb idea, but if you work hard enough at it and learn the leauges inside and out it's incredibly possible... I've been seeing better results all of the time

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:43 PM
It is possible, I guess. But how realistic is it? What if you never get rich from it? Do you have another plan?

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:49 PM
anything that a human puts hardwork and effort into will show results

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:50 PM
once I start making money I have some plans, but as of right now, that's what I'm relying on.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:50 PM
and my shitty 15 dollar an hour job

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:51 PM
anything that a human puts hardwork and effort into will show results

this is demonstrably false. assuming by 'results' you mean 'good results'

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:52 PM
and my shitty 15 dollar an hour job

15 bucks an hour is shitty but it could be a lot worse. do you work full time?

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 10:54 PM
yeah, it's pretty easy work though, gonna start looking around for better paying jobs though, but i'm hoping I can keep up the consistency I'm having in wagering and then it wouldn't be so bad.

reprise85
05-13-2015, 10:58 PM
But gambling is very uncertain. What if you lose money? At best, it will be inconsistent. You will lose money sometimes. And you could lose a ton of money. Can I just be real with you: It is extremely unlikely you will make a living, even a modest living, from gambling. Those who are able to know the game very well and also the mathematical principles of statistics.

What about getting your GED, that would help your job prospects considerably.

Trotskilicious
05-13-2015, 10:58 PM
why is fuzzy always so intent on saying were all in the same boat as he is

Trotskilicious
05-13-2015, 10:59 PM
ps youre a condescending ass abt everything, fuzz

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 10:59 PM
why is fuzzy always so intent on saying were all in the same boat as he is

http://psychcentral.com/lib/characteristics-of-borderline-personality-disorder/0001064

Individuals with Borderline Personality Disorder make frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment. The perception of impending separation or rejection, or the loss of external structure, can lead to profound changes in self-image, affect, cognition, and behavior.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:08 PM
Dr. turntables with the analysis

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:09 PM
But gambling is very uncertain. What if you lose money? At best, it will be inconsistent. You will lose money sometimes. And you could lose a ton of money. Can I just be real with you: It is extremely unlikely you will make a living, even a modest living, from gambling. Those who are able to know the game very well and also the mathematical principles of statistics.

What about getting your GED, that would help your job prospects considerably.

I've seen better results year by year. I've been red hot lately, I'm gonna roll with it.

I know I can do this.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:09 PM
Dr. turntables with the analysis

ps youre a condescending ass abt everything, fuzz

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:15 PM
go play some more raver music ya tool

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:16 PM
say Johnny, aren't you getting a little too old for the whole rave/club scene?

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:16 PM
it's alright man, no need to hold on, just let go, enjoy adulthood... No need to keep pretending like you're 18 and 19

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:18 PM
You don't have any idea what you're talking about if you use the word "rave"

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:19 PM
like have you heard of rap music or?

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:23 PM
Also you're pushing thirty, you gamble for a living and you think NOFX is "for adults", and you're clearly in denial about your mental health. I'm not really seeing where you get the authority or perspective to tell me that i'm the one with arrested development here.

Trotskilicious
05-13-2015, 11:25 PM
ohhhh snaaaaap you dont even play an INSTRUMENT, bro!

btw fuzzys an expert on i know you are but what am i

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:26 PM
Unless you count keyboards, guitar, bass and drums and multiple styles of vocals

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:26 PM
going out to raves and clubbing is something for very young adults to do... You're gonna be the sad 40 year old guy still sitting behind your laptop thinking it's cool while a nearly empty club of degenerates listens to your mixes. It's sad dude.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:30 PM
Your attempts to rile me up and/or assert some sort of imagined dominance by way of talking down to me are transparent at best, and would perhaps pack a little more impact if you showed any sort of knowledge or understanding of electronic music or hip-hop and their respective cultures, but you don't. So...

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:32 PM
I don't go to raves, I don't go to clubs. I sometimes get paid perfectly good money (hint - it's more than triple your fifteen bucks an hour) to select the music at a club or bar or house party or a product launch or whatever. It's a hobby that's fun and pays well, and it's not my main and far from my only musical endeavour. What's wrong with that exactly?

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:32 PM
well, the days of DJ's are gonna be obsolete when clubs realize they can get any ole guy to upload some cool shit on their IPOD's and blast it through the clubs... Thank god for that... Nothing worse than these pretentious wannabe DJ guys

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:34 PM
what the hell even are you talking about

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:34 PM
like have you ever been outside to a place with other people? Or do you just google image search things and that's how you learn?

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:36 PM
lol come on man, this whole trend of guys getting paid to play other peoples music isn't going to last... It never has, unless you have like a radio show or something.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:36 PM
And regardless of your uninformed opinions, i'm making money and having fun doing it and you thinking it's cool or not cool has no bearing on that so what's your point exactly, if not a jealous attempt to bring me down a peg?

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:39 PM
just having a little fun, letting you know how little I think of the whole industry of wankers trying to make money by playing electronic music made by some other people

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:40 PM
this whole trend of guys getting paid to play other peoples music isn't going to last...

I mean you say this but seriously you have no evidence whatsoever to back it up. In fact, evidence suggests the exact opposite of that.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:40 PM
*finding music for clubs and parties to play*

How fucking lame is that man

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:42 PM
I mean you say this but seriously you have no evidence whatsoever to back it up. In fact, evidence suggests the exact opposite of that.

It's unsustainable. Any old schmuck with half a brain will realize that they can do what you're doing on their own or with someone who will do it for free for the art of it.

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:43 PM
just having a little fun, letting you know how little I think of the whole industry of wankers trying to make money by playing electronic music made by some other people

but I literally could not care less how you feel about it, because you clearly don't know anything about it at all. It'd be like me dropping into a thread about fine art technique and being like "JUST WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW HOW LITTLE I THINK OF STIPPLE IT'S ALL BULLSHIT"

Like - nobody who matters gives a flying fuck what you think about DJ culture. Literally nobody.

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:45 PM
well opinions are like assholes, everyone has one ;)

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:47 PM
and yours is caked with shit and it's bothering everyone

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:48 PM
alright, alright, I'll stop criticizing Hozier... Didn't realize that you guys liked that kinda music so much

Sonic Johnny
05-13-2015, 11:51 PM
Where does this assumption come from about "you guys" as if everyone except you on this board has this collective, congruent musical taste that we all confer about?

fuzzyroes
05-13-2015, 11:59 PM
(You guys as in the people in this thread who are so upset about me expressing my observation that Hozier is nothing but safe, predictable music shelled out with the knowledge that all of the masses will eat up the mediocre crap)

Shallowed
05-14-2015, 12:00 AM
For the love of god please ban or mute fuzzy.

fuzzyroes
05-14-2015, 12:01 AM
It's just like that Sam Smith crap... It's lame as hell. It's music down to the lowest common denominator and it's sad.

"lets create some simple, inoffensive songwriting and use a soulful manly voice and everyone will eat the shit up"

Sonic Johnny
05-14-2015, 12:16 AM
"let's create some simple, inoffensive songwriting and use distorted barre chords and punk hairdos and everyone will eat the shit up"

Sonic Johnny
05-14-2015, 12:17 AM
It's like you go on this 4 second cycle:

"That thing you like is shit and here's why!"

"Hey man i'm just a dude expressing my opinion"

"It's just my opinion don't worry about it"

"Okay okay i'll stop being a dick about everything"

repeat ad nauseum

Sonic Johnny
05-14-2015, 12:18 AM
me expressing my observation

Holy shit you came *this* close to calling it an opinion! That's almost progress there fuzz

fuzzyroes
05-14-2015, 12:19 AM
whatever Johnny, you seem like a nice guy. I don't wanna bicker with you. I think Hozier sucks, you seem to love it -whatever... Different strokes for different folks.

It's all subjective really. I personally find "Take me to church" to be one of the least charming massive pop songs to have come out in awhile, but if you like it- all the power to you.

I don't really care enough to debate it more than a message or 2

Sonic Johnny
05-14-2015, 12:21 AM
I don't love it, I only really listened to it once. I can't believe i'm explaining this to you for what feels like the hundredth time, but my problem isn't with you not liking the same things as me, my problem is with you being an absolute condescending fuckwit about everything musical, talking like you're an authority and everyone else is just a deluded sheep.

Trotskilicious
05-14-2015, 12:22 AM
It's like you go on this 4 second cycle:

"Hey man i'm just a dude expressing my opinion, but it's bad and you're stupid for liking it."

"It's just my opinion don't worry about it. Now I'll make a statement that indicates without a shadow of a doubt that I am completely ignorant about the subject at hand."

"Hey I'm just entitled to my opinion."

"I'm rubber and you're glue!"

"I don't contradict myself all the time. it's really simple, the music I like is objectively good in my opinion because it's popular and has lots of fans qed and you're all sheeplike stupid people for liking pop music because lots of people like it and doing what everybody else does is dumb except when I like it, because other people do as well."

"I'm better than you/the musician."

"I clearly don't know what you are saying but I'm going to refute it anyway."

"I know you are but what am I?"

"Aren't we all just a bunch of losers?"

"I'm really sad and I hate myself and I don't know how to fix my life."

"No wait, it's you're the ones that's jerks!"

"I know you are but what am I?"

repeat ad nauseum

expanded a bit

Sonic Johnny
05-14-2015, 12:23 AM
It's not about if you like Hozier or not, it's about if you can have enough respect and perspective to leave it at "if you like it that's fine" and leave out the smug addendum of "but I don't like it because it's obviously garbage music that you aren't consuming because you enjoy it but rather because you're too stupid to realise that you've been duped into enjoying garbage music"

Sonic Johnny
05-14-2015, 12:24 AM
Seriously how do we have to go over this AGAIN

Sonic Johnny
05-14-2015, 12:25 AM
It would literally be easier to teach an orangutan how to fabricate metal from tech drawings with a MIG welder than it would be to get you to grasp this phenomenally straightforward idea.

Trotskilicious
05-14-2015, 12:28 AM
i know man i think you should give up but i feel your pain, easily baited

i think the worst part is when he gets all real and confesses to a bunch of shit and you think you've made a REAL breakthru and he just reverts to type two posts later like he never said anything, that's primarily why i think it's not a real person