View Full Version : Venn diagram of Oasis fans and soccer hooligans

Catherine Wheel
12-28-2014, 02:08 AM
Someone should do a Venn Diagram of Oasis fans and soccer hooligans. I would love to see what kind of overlap you'd get.

pavementtune
12-28-2014, 02:16 AM
get on it, Kimani Shorter, and then sell it.

Trotskilicious
12-31-2014, 06:26 AM
hooliganism was basically over by about 1995

brutechinasky
12-31-2014, 09:54 AM
pretty much the same as oasis
there's a connection

Mals Marola
12-31-2014, 02:02 PM
they released their biggest album in 1995, lol

got damn people are hot to try!

toase
12-31-2014, 03:17 PM
This is probably my favorite thread this year

Elijah Moon
12-31-2014, 03:18 PM
edit- never mind

brutechinasky
12-31-2014, 03:28 PM
they went out with a bang
by 1997 were already pretty much dead

brutechinasky
12-31-2014, 03:28 PM
won't even bother to fix the quote
bye

Mals Marola
12-31-2014, 07:16 PM
they went out with a bang
by 1997 were already pretty much dead

the boycott for be here now is almost dumber than adore
it's like a couple of people decided it was "SHIT MATE" then almost everyone followed suit because they were afraid to disagree

seriously, one of the dumbest boycotts i've ever seen retrospectively (got into the albums not really knowing what was what, or who was who)

Elijah Moon
12-31-2014, 07:24 PM
Robbie Williams hopped on the bandwagon and sent Noel a wreath when Be Here Now got slammed.

brutechinasky
01-01-2015, 07:21 AM
it's like a couple of people decided it was "SHIT MATE" then almost everyone followed suit because they were afraid to disagree

)

i must be one of those guys cause i bought it back in 1997 and immediately felt it was overblown shit. and i haven't changed my mind since

but to be honest while i liked morning glory i've never though it was the masterpiece many think it is

Elijah Moon
01-06-2015, 06:37 AM
According to Oasis, "The fat dancer from Take That."

Elijah Moon
01-06-2015, 06:38 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbie_Williams

Mals Marola
01-06-2015, 07:23 PM
2nd greatest band ever, after oasis ofc

pavementtune
01-06-2015, 07:34 PM
this crowd is pretty damn amazing.

but the ugly thing is that I just realized I know the entire lyrics to Angels by heart :erm:

don't know how that could have happened, never was into Take That.
(besides a few weeks thanks to puberty girl club)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/lUCdDzfEsF4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mals Marola
01-06-2015, 07:40 PM
Angels & Feel are great songs

pavementtune
01-06-2015, 07:52 PM
Angels & Feel are great songs
not familiar with Robbie's solo work, it's really just that one song I remember (probably would recognize a bunch when I hear them, though.) thankfully I was already out of the most awful age when he went solo.

Take That songs on the other hand, that stuff is apparently burnt in my memory, babe

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MviFdVHltEM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

this must be the worst one. and I loved it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CTqabbIPfc0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I guess teenies now will have the pleasure to remember fucking Justin Beiber songs until the day they die. And One Direction.

Mals Marola
01-06-2015, 07:58 PM
not familiar with Robbie's solo work, it's really just that one song I remember (probably would recognize a bunch when I hear them, though.) thankfully I was already out of the most awful age when he went solo.

lol, i wouldn't neccesarily call myself "familiar" with it but i'm definitely not opposed to those 2 songs in particular

pavementtune
01-06-2015, 08:10 PM
not sure how old you are (if you got the first round of Robbie fandom), or how popular Take That were in the States in the early 90ies.
I have pretty fucked up memories about that hype, and especially the Robbie hysteria and the break up. We even had a special counselor in school for two weeks, after a bunch of girls went mental, "suicide clubs" and such, they couldn't handle it that Take That broke up. Phone hot lines for troubled kids, all because a boy band ended.
Robbie was the "bad boy" every other girl had a crush on, while being scared to open the new edition of a music magazine back then, expecting to read that he'd finally overdosed. completely surreal.

Mals Marola
01-06-2015, 08:20 PM
not sure how old you are (if you got the first round of Robbie fandom), or how popular Take That were in the States in the early 90ies.
I have pretty fucked up memories about that hype, and especially the Robbie hysteria and the break up. We even had a special counselor in school for two weeks, after a bunch of girls went mental, "suicide clubs" and such, they couldn't handle it that Take That broke up. Phone hot lines for troubled kids, all because a boy band ended.
Robbie was the "bad boy" every other girl had a crush on, while being scared to open the new edition of a music magazine back then, expecting to read that he'd finally overdosed. completely surreal.

wow, yeah no i had no concept of that

they were just the band who went "whatEVER i said, whatEVER i done!" to me, and i loved them for that, in a way

bob williams i just knew through angels then found feel kind of by chance i guess, not sure if that one was a hit of any proportion over here or not

The exploding boy
01-06-2015, 09:13 PM
I guarantee you that no one had ever heard of Take That in the States in the early 90's. Or now, for that matter.

There was no room for a third boyband.

actually I guess Take That were over by the time nsync and BSB got popular. But they also started to happen right as everybody was sick of NKOTB. So i guess it was a matter of bad timing in north america. Or something. I WAS aware of take that in the early 90's but i couldn't have named a song. I just knew they were pretty big in the UK though i wouldn't have guessed THAT big.

i confess, i was into NKOTB when i was 10-11. And by into i mean knew all the songs....

reprise85
01-06-2015, 10:18 PM
on my radar went from like NKOTB to bands like boyz II men and all-4-one and then while pumpkins were big you also started getting backstreet boys, 98 degrees, nsync etc

i was a little young for NKOTB but my sister was into them. i had pajamas and when i got my first drum kit i stuck her NKOTB blanket in the bass drum.