View Full Version : SP live at Tower Theater ProShot Video

Gooch
12-22-2014, 11:32 PM
I searched this forum, and didn't see any reference to this. This is probably one of the best 'late' SP videos Ive seen, sound and show both are awesome. I even ripped the audio for myself, which sounds great (and u can too - give a copy to grandma for Christmas!). Anyone have a legit 1st gen copy of the video? Its around the time BC starts dropping consonants, so it still sounds good. Check it out. It made me happy to see this (I was there) and got me excited about SP again, which I haven't been since Monte killed the 'leaks'. (I even checked Crestfallen, and there was no mention of this - WTF! Monte, u dropped the ball on this one, bro!) Check out BC and JC during perfect. Brings a tear to my eye.

Seriously, This blows that Oceania in NY bullshit video to shreds. I wouldn't feel embarrassed to have a friend watch this show.

Merry Christmas, Asshats!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4195914F1B7F8FAD

smashingschnauz
12-22-2014, 11:47 PM
Thanks. Dude's a genius. AND I wish some people would give MTEA a chance on a real system, it kicks ass.

Ram27
12-22-2014, 11:50 PM
Those US drums are otherwordly

Pretty good show, yeah, but why would I want a copy of BC/JC/Jeff/Lisa playing Hummer when I already have like 5 of the original lineup doing it better? And I don't like the new stuff enough to make it worth it, you know. Speaking of Hummer, the guitar is so weird and slurred and stuff during the intro both at these shows and the MB era. They finally got it right for the MTAE tour

The ZG songs are rocked the fuck out live though. It's pretty awesome

Ram27
12-22-2014, 11:52 PM
I don't like that Constantinople ride that JC uses

I feel like you can't hear any wash or anything on it

sppunk
12-22-2014, 11:52 PM
I was at this show and for some reason absolutely hated it. Last time I saw BC, last time I'll ever see BC.

smashingschnauz
12-22-2014, 11:55 PM
I don't know if it's a normal deal for Billy but I was 4th row for the MCIS tour in Chicago(horizon, Verizon???..97) and Billy played the guitar with his teeth and laid on top of a speaker and played a solo. Hard to describe, but it was as bad ass display as i have ever seen with a guitar on stage. Mesmerizing.

Gooch
12-22-2014, 11:55 PM
JC looks like he is in a cathartic state during this show. his head swaying side to side, eyes closed, feeling each drumbeat.

sppunk
12-23-2014, 12:20 AM
JC looks like he is in a cathartic state during this show. his head swaying side to side, eyes closed, feeling each drumbeat.

In reality I think they had mailed it in and were going through the motions with little emotion or connection to each other or the audience.

smashingschnauz
12-23-2014, 12:23 AM
The only think Bill mails in is kick ass shows. TS.

Gooch
12-23-2014, 12:25 AM
In reality I think they had mailed it in and were going through the motions with little emotion or connection to each other or the audience.
maybe, but Ive seen more obvious examples of this. they seem to be into it, Ive seen them not even giving a fuck at other shows, its so obvious. not into it like 96, but more into it than say Ravinia.

Gooch
12-23-2014, 12:26 AM
The only think Bill mails in is kick ass shows. TS.

best quote of the day.

sppunk
12-23-2014, 12:33 AM
maybe, but Ive seen more obvious examples of this. they seem to be into it, Ive seen them not even giving a fuck at other shows, its so obvious. not into it like 96, but more into it than say Ravinia.

Not doubting you, I just vividly remember a feeling of watching zombies. In contrast Explosions in the Sky opened and (as they always do) stole the show before most thought it began.

Gooch
12-23-2014, 12:54 AM
Not doubting you, I just vividly remember a feeling of watching zombies. In contrast Explosions in the Sky opened and (as they always do) stole the show before most thought it began.

hey good point. explosions in the sky were great that night. they did have a lot of energy. i also remember waiting outside after the show for 2 hours till BC came out, and he just stood there, pacing behind the line, smiling and nodding at people, and refusing to sign autographs or take photos. one girl said, "what, so were just supposed to look at you? you cant take a photo or sign something?". And he was like, " yeah". and it was awkward. just random small talk. I dont know what the point was of even coming over to say hi. one girl asked him to name a cake that she made that she was gonna sell at her cafe. he said "gooey louie." she said where did that come from and he shrugged and walked away. he seemed depressed. Another guy waiting said "Darcy looked hot tonite" and BC just gave him a evil stare for like 10 seconds. good times!

killtrocity
12-23-2014, 01:29 AM
lol^

Araneae
12-23-2014, 01:36 AM
One of my friends went to this show. I remember her saying that she enjoyed it but that Billy looked really fucking depressed. I wonder if she was one of the people who waited out back for him. I'll have to ask, those exchanges sound hilarious.

Butt Pope
12-23-2014, 01:36 AM
Lol at the Billy post show story.

I only watched Drown and Billy seemed disinterested throughout the whole thing.

fuzzyroes
12-23-2014, 05:21 AM
Theres a great version of Set The Ray from this show

Silvermayo
12-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Bring the light is really great in this recording. It's so damn loud! Love it!!!

Ram27
12-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Another guy waiting said "Darcy looked hot tonite" and BC just gave him a evil stare for like 10 seconds. good times!

lol that's awesome

here's jimmy grooving
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cidB_lw5ncI

Gooch
12-23-2014, 03:33 PM
lol that's awesome

here's jimmy grooving
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cidB_lw5ncI

Damn Darcy looks hot in THAT video!

great poster
12-24-2014, 02:47 AM
his voice is dreadful here