View Full Version : Interview with Stoermer

smashingschnauz
12-14-2014, 01:55 PM
http://tmblr.co/ZhDYnw1Xp-EI_

The exploding boy
12-14-2014, 02:01 PM
Christ he makes it sound like learning SP basslines is hard...it isn't...i was doing it when i was still learning to play.

"There's like...some changes..."

how simple are killers basslines anyway?

T&T
12-14-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm just glad that there's no attempt here at "SP 4.0 is finally a real band with real permanent band members. I love my brothers and this incarnation has been the phoenix laying in ashes" bullshit.

MayonaiseBoy
12-14-2014, 02:43 PM
Anyone else notice the writer says that the tour goes thru Dec. 16th... I thought it ended tonite?

Are there any other dates that have been announced? Was hoping for a Seattle/Vancouver date.

juliana
12-14-2014, 03:09 PM
Not a fan of his playing with the band.

Him saying it is hard to play these songs makes sense because he is struggling, however a professional shouldn't find these songs difficult unless billy has been trying to confuse him or some shit. I could easily believe that bill was fucking him up on purpose cause bill is mad mark is taller than him LOL.

SlingeroGuitaro
12-14-2014, 03:25 PM
He never said it was difficult to play

smashingschnauz
12-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Can't wait until a few on this board start the next great band because it seems like they can play it,write it and put it together better than Billy can. Sheesh.

juliana
12-14-2014, 03:41 PM
http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/ae/music/2014/dec/03/interview-killers-mark-stoermer-smashing-pumpkins/

Um, sp basslines are very much beginner stuff. You don't have to be a great bassist or a great song writer to see someone isn't clicking in the band. I think Mark is good in the killers but he isn't gelling in this band.

I like Wilk though.

smashingschnauz
12-14-2014, 03:50 PM
We know he isn't gelling in the band? HA. That's rich. Based on what? Sounds like it is and has been a perfect fit.

Dogfighter28
12-14-2014, 03:53 PM
Billy corgan in this thread ^^^

The exploding boy
12-14-2014, 03:54 PM
He never said it was difficult to play

“First off, the thing I recognized very quickly is that the arrangements are actually pretty difficult. There’s a lot of changes — even in songs I’ve heard hundreds of times. But when you actually listen, it’s like, ‘Oh, this time the verse is different or the chorus is different.’ There’s a lot of odd numbers of verses or bars or choruses that is kind of unusual and you don’t really notice it as a listener.”

He didn't say on a technical level but that they were hard to learn. Like pattern wise, odd numbers of verses/bars whatever... (which i really never noticed much even playing them, they seem to follow fairly standard structures to me in general).... i don't know, they're not unusual to me and certainly shouldn't be for an experienced, touring professional bassist. But probably i suspect he maybe never got to play much OUTSIDE of the killers so he's probably used to their songwriting patterns and not anyone else's

pavementtune
12-14-2014, 03:57 PM
try remembering all that with less than two weeks rehearsal time, and then hit a stage, of course that's "difficult."

He sounded fantastic at the gigs I saw, GATGC with him on bass is one of the best versions they ever played. Him as touring bassist is the best choice anyone could hope for.

houseofglass11
12-14-2014, 04:03 PM

Lol. Agreed. There is no way BC would let us all talk this much trash about him and not respond somehow.

smashingschnauz
12-14-2014, 04:06 PM
:chili::banoonoo:I can't even see the Lion much less be Billy.

bigoltitties
12-14-2014, 07:26 PM
But most importantly, he's one cool ass looking motherfucker.

Shallowed
12-14-2014, 07:35 PM

I like that song you wrote, "Take Your Dick Out of My Ass and Put It in My Mouth"

SensibleChuckle
12-14-2014, 09:29 PM
I like that song you wrote, "Take Your Dick Out of My Ass and Put It in My Mouth"

I heard it was a big hit in Europe.

killtrocity
12-14-2014, 09:36 PM
petition to quarantine and nuke this thread. Seal me in, the sacrifice will benefit humanity