View Full Version : Can we have a thread about the Adore reissue that ain't on the SP Boards?

Sonic Johnny
10-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Cause i'm enjoying this a lot and I don't want to talk to some borderline personality disorder research subjects to express that. If not, feel free to delete this thread mods.

Sonic Johnny
10-01-2014, 08:04 AM
When I put this album on my music library for the second time in 03 I was so desparate for space on my HDD that I deleted Once Upon A Time and The Tale Of Dusty out of my import list. Fucking foolish move, 13-year-old Tom.

Raskolnikov
10-01-2014, 03:09 PM
When I put this album on my music library for the second time in 03 I was so desparate for space on my HDD that I deleted Once Upon A Time and The Tale Of Dusty out of my import list. Fucking foolish move, 13-year-old Tom.

Former way more so than the latter - but still, yeah - sounds like a decision 13 year old Adam would have made.

All in all, I've listened to the stereo mix of the album, and disc 3. Need to toss on some headphones and dive into the rest tonight, enough foolin' around.

soniclovenoize
10-01-2014, 03:41 PM
The remastered stereo mix is usually pretty good.

The mono mix is really fun.

The three bonus discs should have been whittled down to one great bonus disc.

Live disc is boring.

slunken
10-01-2014, 07:12 PM
i've never bothered to listen to any of the remastered albums but i'm going to check this one out

Sonic Johnny
10-01-2014, 07:42 PM
slunk the MCIS reissue has some for real excellent stuff on it, totally worth a gander.

So far of the b-side/demo stuff the banjos version of To Sheila, Annie Dog with the nice roomy drums, and the kinda messy early version of Perfect are my highlights. That Matt Walker remix of Cash Car Star is fucking horrendous tho. And did we really need to be reminded that Because You Are exists?

slunken
10-01-2014, 07:52 PM
no i mean i listen to all the extra stuff but never actually the remastered albums. i never bothered.

slunken
10-01-2014, 07:54 PM
slunk the MCIS reissue has some for real excellent stuff on it, totally worth a gander.

So far of the b-side/demo stuff the banjos version of To Sheila, Annie Dog with the nice roomy drums, and the kinda messy early version of Perfect are my highlights. That Matt Walker remix of Cash Car Star is fucking horrendous tho. And did we really need to be reminded that Because You Are exists?

you say you like noise and you don't like because you are? are you hearing those guitars all the way through? they're so gnarly you hate it.

slunken
10-03-2014, 07:22 PM
just imagining sonjon has been at home listening to because you are over and over on the headphones, trying to unlock its secrets

Sonic Johnny
10-04-2014, 03:23 AM
true story I gave it a few burls and can't bring myself to dislike it any less. It's just like Cash Car Star - yeah the specific element (guitar tone/drumming respectively) is great but a good song that does not make.

Trotskilicious
10-04-2014, 04:39 AM
see i'm not even trolling this thread

slunken
10-04-2014, 10:41 AM
true story I gave it a few burls and can't bring myself to dislike it any less. It's just like Cash Car Star - yeah the specific element (guitar tone/drumming respectively) is great but a good song that does not make.

Fair enough I just give it bonus points for "most atonal sp song"

bye june
10-04-2014, 12:40 PM
The hate that Because You Are gets is rickdiculous.