View Full Version : Billy Talks Mike & Nicole Leaving & Friendship With Jimmy

WeilandFan
09-10-2014, 01:15 AM
http://www.alternativenation.net/alternative-nation-interview-billy-corgan/

Araneae
09-10-2014, 01:22 AM
hmm…so Billy wasn't pleased with Mike and Nicole having side projects after all. Weird.

Good to know he's friends with Jimmy in some form or another, though it still seems kind of strained to me.

I'm also glad he has decided to shut up about the current music climate and accept that some people, or generations, prefer different types of music.

This is probably the most diplomatic and apologetic that I've read Billy being...shit, maybe he is reading netphoria after all.

Butt Pope
09-10-2014, 01:29 AM
Holy shit. He comes off as very pleasant, inspired, and conscious of the current state of rock but not hung up on it or dwelling in shit.

I'm excited for the albums and possible tours.

Araneae
09-10-2014, 01:33 AM
oh and fuck the writer for asking about his cat's twitter account...way to end the fucking interview.

fuzzyroes
09-10-2014, 01:44 AM
http://www.alternativenation.net/alternative-nation-interview-billy-corgan/

Nice interview man. Finally someone who asked about Mike and Nicole.

Bread Regal
09-10-2014, 01:45 AM
oh and fuck the writer for asking about his cat's twitter account...way to end the fucking interview.
have you no soul

fuzzyroes
09-10-2014, 01:46 AM
hmm…so Billy wasn't pleased with Mike and Nicole having side projects after all. Weird.

I've always figured this to be the case. But really, can you blame the guy? He hires a couple nobodies into his world famous band and the first thing the members wanna do is work on getting another band off the ground? Seems pretty strange... and stupid.

OldAtHeart
09-10-2014, 01:50 AM
He actually has a good sense of what NOT to talk about... good interview.

Araneae
09-10-2014, 01:56 AM
have you no soul

It combines two things that I dislike: twitter and people pretending to be their pets. Honestly, who the fuck actually decides, not only to start an account posing as their pet, but also to frequently update it with drivel.

I've always figured this to be the case. But really, can you blame the guy? He hires a couple nobodies into his world famous band and the first thing the members wanna do is work on getting another band off the ground? Seems pretty strange... and stupid.

From what I remember, from past interviews, Billy said he was okay with it and claimed to encourage it. Obviously that was not the case. To be perfectly honest, there's something fishy about the whole situation. I get the feeling that things aren't as diplomatic as Billy is making it out to sound...but maybe he's trying something new (i.e. trying not to sound like a bitter asshole).

juliana
09-10-2014, 02:02 AM
I bet bill thinks everything is great and nicole and mike do not!

dreams of glass
09-10-2014, 02:02 AM
"At the end of the day"

Why is Billy so in love with Jeff?

also this pic is so badass

http://www.alternativenation.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/billybadass1.jpg

Araneae
09-10-2014, 02:05 AM
Why is Billy so in love with Jeff?

Loyalty.

Bread Regal
09-10-2014, 02:06 AM
Honestly, who the fuck actually decides, not only to start an account posing as their pet, but also to frequently update it with drivel.

me.
Billy Corgan.
Lil Bub's guardian.

Araneae
09-10-2014, 02:08 AM
I'm 100% certain that airplane mode is behind the cat twitter accounts and not Billy.

juliana
09-10-2014, 02:18 AM
I'm 100% certain that airplane mode is behind the cat twitter accounts and not Billy.

Ya, it seems to be her.

Cool As Ice Cream
so do we know more about weilandfan being the same person as the alternativenation guy? or is that still uncertain?

juliana
Loyalty.

No... Asian fetish.

amoergosum
09-10-2014, 02:52 AM
Speaking of that, what exactly happened with Mike Byrne and Nicole Fiorentino, and what is the future of the Pumpkins touring lineup for the new albums?

As far as future lineups, don’t know. With Mike and Nicole, I think it was simply a divide in what was the future of the band in terms of work and intensity. I think Jeff and I felt in order to push the band forward, it was going to take a Herculean effort. I don’t think that Mike and Nicole necessarily felt the same. Not to say that they weren’t committed, they did commit, and did a great job for what they were committed to.

But there are those points in every relationship where you say, ‘In order to get here, we have to do X.’ And they didn’t particularly agree with Jeff and I’s version of that, and having been through it before, as I have, I basically said very simply, ‘There is really no other way. You can’t be weekend warriors in a band like The Smashing Pumpkins. You have to go all the way in.’ There was some reluctance on their part to go all the way in, and I respect them for that, and that they have other things that they want to do in their life, and they should do their things.

So there is no animosity there, but at the end of the day, I’m the one who has to stand there and answer for whether or not The Smashing Pumpkins can be a contemporary band, can be a band that can headline a festival, can be a band that still gets talked about in a regular way as an artistic group, and not just [a mess of] drama. So I’m the one that ultimately has to answer for if what I’m getting inside the house is what I need to push the band.

So Nicole is definitely gone from the band at this point?

Yeah, I don’t see her coming back. But I respect the heck out of her talent. She’s one of the most talented musicians that I’ve ever worked with. I love the things that she’s contributed, and we remain in touch, and I also remain in touch with Mike. So it’s not the typical blow up, have a nice life, type stuff. We remain friends, and I do care about what happens with them in the future. It’s just the Pumpkins is a thing where at this point, there’s not a lot of room for interpretation.

- See more at: http://www.alternativenation.net/alternative-nation-interview-billy-corgan/#sthash.nbpLb8aA.dpuf

Finally somebody asked him about Mike & Nicole.
So instead of being the drummer in SP, Mike prefers to be the drummer in Bearcubbin and give Skype lessons?....rrrrright.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p>Bearcubbin'! is playing Bartfest in Spokane, WA this weekend with <a href="https://twitter.com/DeLongMusic">@DeLongMusic</a>, <a href="https://twitter.com/BearInHeaven">@BearInHeaven</a> and more! Saturday, 5:00 P.M. at Nyne Bar</p>&mdash; Mike Byrne (@MikeByrneDrums) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeByrneDrums/status/507188725512556545">3. September 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p>Looking for drum lessons? Shoot me an email at Mikebyrnelessons@Gmail.com!</p>&mdash; Mike Byrne (@MikeByrneDrums) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeByrneDrums/status/499686640495775748">13. August 2014</a></blockquote>

ohnoitsbonnie
09-10-2014, 02:53 AM
You can't sit with us, Jimmy

Butt Pope
09-10-2014, 02:56 AM
Maybe we should give Billy credit here for being nice this time. Mike was shitty for the band, but rather than say that he's framed the situation as a new direction.

amoergosum
09-10-2014, 02:59 AM
Maybe we should give Billy credit here for being nice this time. Mike was shitty for the band, but rather than say that he's framed the situation as a new direction.

I'm sure they would have appreciated if he said those kind things last May...;)

Trotskilicious
09-10-2014, 05:06 AM
Finally somebody asked him about Mike & Nicole.
So instead of being the drummer in SP, Mike prefers to be the drummer in Bearcubbin and give Skype lessons?....rrrrright.

he's young enough to believably make idiotic decisions like this, on the presumption taht bearcubbin will make it why i was already in SP!

amoergosum
09-10-2014, 05:40 AM
Good luck, Nicole. :2thumbsup

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p>Feels good when the universe lifts a dark cloud from your life. Feeling grateful tonight.</p>&mdash; Nicole Fiorentino (@xocoleyf) <a href="https://twitter.com/xocoleyf/status/505906523613450240">31. August 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p>Thank you <a href="https://twitter.com/DalaiLama">@DalaiLama</a> <a href="http://t.co/AZIQiXvcT0">pic.twitter.com/AZIQiXvcT0</a></p>&mdash; Nicole Fiorentino (@xocoleyf) <a href="https://twitter.com/xocoleyf/status/507239532203233280">3. September 2014</a></blockquote>

amoergosum
09-10-2014, 05:43 AM
William Patrick Corgan
5. Februar
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to a man I respect so much, and who is so cool he doesn't need social media. Jeff 'The Shredder' Schroeder of The Smashing Pumpkins

>>>

Chris Byrne
It's my son's birthday too. Happy birthday Mike!

Butt Pope
09-10-2014, 08:46 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p>Feels good when the universe lifts a dark cloud from your life. Feeling grateful tonight.</p>&mdash; Nicole Fiorentino (@xocoleyf) <a href="https://twitter.com/xocoleyf/status/505906523613450240">31. August 2014</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="de"><p>Thank you <a href="https://twitter.com/DalaiLama">@DalaiLama</a> <a href="http://t.co/AZIQiXvcT0">pic.twitter.com/AZIQiXvcT0</a></p>&mdash; Nicole Fiorentino (@xocoleyf) <a href="https://twitter.com/xocoleyf/status/507239532203233280">3. September 2014</a></blockquote>

Maybe it's nothing more than a hot gal turned her down who it later turned out had crabs.

myosis
09-10-2014, 08:54 AM
i can't believe the people who have no understanding of other people who are aiming to have their own projects...
just think of the terms we've been using... hired guns, yes-men.
maybe they don't want to be that their own lives, maybe they want to realize themselves.

Ram27
09-10-2014, 09:13 AM
100% COMMITMENT

Ram27
09-10-2014, 09:13 AM
WEEKEND WARRIOR

juliana
09-10-2014, 09:20 AM
i can't believe the people who have no understanding of other people who are aiming to have their own projects...
just think of the terms we've been using... hired guns, yes-men.
maybe they don't want to be that their own lives, maybe they want to realize themselves.

You can tell jeff is really invested in SP. He moved to chicago and wanted to be part of the reissues etc.

I think with Mike, he doesn't want to say the truth because it is mean. But that is the truth about nicole. Nicole def was not into SP past the money or fame. This was a stepping stone for her.

Araneae
09-10-2014, 09:54 AM
You can tell jeff is really invested in SP. He moved to chicago and wanted to be part of the reissues etc.

I think with Mike, he doesn't want to say the truth because it is mean. But that is the truth about nicole. Nicole def was not into SP past the money or fame. This was a stepping stone for her.

But Jeff took time out of SP to finish his university degree. They all seemed to do things outside of SP for themselves. Mike wasn't a good fit but he seemed committed to SP. He cancelled tour dates with his band because Billy said they were going to be recording demos, only for Billy to then change his mind. He seemed to only really become heavily focused on his own band after he was fired from SP. As for Nicole, isn't the side band a new thing for her too? It seems she was completely focused on SP in the first 3 years or so. I can't really fault her for wanting to start a band with her life partner. I just don't see why Billy thought she couldn't be committed to both of them, since she still put SP above her own band when it came to rehearsal/writing/touring time. None of it really makes sense.

juliana
09-10-2014, 10:11 AM
But Jeff took time out of SP to finish his university degree. They all seemed to do things outside of SP for themselves. Mike wasn't a good fit but he seemed committed to SP. He cancelled tour dates with his band because Billy said they were going to be recording demos, only for Billy to then change his mind. He seemed to only really become heavily focused on his own band after he was fired from SP. As for Nicole, isn't the side band a new thing for her too? It seems she was completely focused on SP in the first 3 years or so. I can't really fault her for wanting to start a band with her life partner. I just don't see why Billy thought she couldn't be committed to both of them, since she still put SP above her own band when it came to rehearsal/writing/touring time. None of it really makes sense.

Like I said above, mike is out because of other reasons, he wanted a different drummer, more experience.

Nicole it wasn't her playing, it was that she was self centred.

Jeff really stepped up and is very invested in SP.

This all just reminds me of some places I use to work at. The more you drank the koolaid the more you would be rewarded. If you were constantly enthusiastic they wanted to keep you.

Araneae
09-10-2014, 10:15 AM
Billy does have a thing with wanting unquestionable loyalty from people (without actually having to be loyal himself).

juliana
09-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Another thing is, according to one of his tour managers, bill HATES when others try to sell shit to his fans. I was at a concert and his tour manager noticed some company doing surveys with SP fans and he was very concerned that Billy would FLIP OUT.

Nicole constantly used SP fans to promote herself. She also sold a lot to his fans.

amoergosum
09-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Like I said above, mike is out because of other reasons, he wanted a different drummer, more experience.

He didn't want a drummer with more experience...he wanted a better drummer.

P.S.:

Tony Williams...18 years old (with Miles Davis) >>>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x_whk6m67VE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

juliana
09-10-2014, 10:22 AM
The thing is, jimmy was a more experienced drummer at mike's age. He played in a lot of bands professionally. Mike just played for his mom and dad.

I mean, you don't have to go so far and say he sucked. He just needs to develop his voice. He can't do thay in SP.

Araneae
09-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Another thing is, according to one of his tour managers, bill HATES when others try to sell shit to his fans. I was at a concert and his tour manager noticed some company doing surveys with SP fans and he was very concerned that Billy would FLIP OUT.

Nicole constantly used SP fans to promote herself. She also sold a lot to his fans.

Was the survey from Nicole? I just don't really see the problem here, if they promote their own side projects on their own personal accounts or if someone asks them about it in public at SP shows. If some SP fans are genuinely interested in her work, then I don't see what's really wrong about it. It's just music, it's not like she was selling tea to them. Billy uses his fans to sell dumb shit all of the time (like expensive teas, wrestling, ugly t-shirts/posters, etc). Unless he sat them down and told them it wasn't acceptable, I can't really fault them on this one.

juliana
09-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Ah but you are using common sense.

The survey was some other company, I don't remember who. They had to give them special working passes. I don't remember why. But they were seriously freaked out Billy would FLIP THE FUCK OUT.

Billy can use and abuse but no one else.

The only reason this makes sense is because I worked at an insane company once that treated people like shit and expected you to be happy about it. The bosses ego came before the company.

Funbags
09-10-2014, 10:49 AM
(Chuckles)

Funbags
09-10-2014, 11:11 AM
It obviously came down to Nicole and Mike still wanting to book shows with their shitty side-bands.

Dogfighter28
09-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Future setlists will ******* deep cuts, and possibly Zwan/solo material - I think that's getting glazed over here.

The fact that the album is being made with herculean effort could be a good sign. Both Zeitgeist and Oceania were touted as loose, back to form, finding the path type efforts. While there is no musical reason to be excited about the new stuff, I'm happy to be proven wrong, Billzebub.

Good to hear him and Jimmy are at least cordial and no bridges were burned.

Araneae
09-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Future setlists will ******* deep cuts, and possibly Zwan/solo material - I think that's getting glazed over here.

It's not. Billy has already mentioned it and tweeted about it a few weeks ago. The real question is whether or not Billy will actually go on tour again. He might just stick to doing a few special one off shows here and there instead.

Forgotten Child
09-10-2014, 11:42 AM
Billy probably has no problems with side project, unless the side projects are actually more important than the Smashing Pumpkins. Nicole chose to record an album with her band, Mike chose to go on tour with his band... it doesn't mean they were not committed to the pumpkins, but not as much as Billy wanted them to be.

I also think that Billy is probably playing the right game here, for the first time in his life. If he had done the same with James in the past, instead of saying shit about him (even if that was the truth), he would still have some respect from his fanbase.

Araneae
09-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Commitment is such an arbitrary word. What could they have possibly done to fulfill Billy's personal idea of what a commitment to him/SP is, especially if he wasn't upfront with them from the get-go? They went wherever Billy recorded/rehearsed (including LA, Arizona, and Chicago) and they put SP above their own personal musical interests. I just don't see what more he could have reasonably expected from them.

juliana
09-10-2014, 02:30 PM
They didn't eat out his anus. Pretty sure that's all it was. They refused to do a rim job. Not commited!

F.Delacroix
09-10-2014, 02:51 PM
that's gross

juliana
09-10-2014, 03:06 PM
"If they wanted it they should have put a ring on it" – Billyonce
"To the left" – Billyonce

themadcaplaughs
09-10-2014, 11:52 PM
It combines two things that I dislike: twitter and people pretending to be their pets. Honestly, who the fuck actually decides, not only to start an account posing as their pet, but also to frequently update it with drivel.

From what I remember, from past interviews, Billy said he was okay with it and claimed to encourage it. Obviously that was not the case. To be perfectly honest, there's something fishy about the whole situation. I get the feeling that things aren't as diplomatic as Billy is making it out to sound...but maybe he's trying something new (i.e. trying not to sound like a bitter asshole).

I am certain it is not as diplomatic as he is making it out to be, but if it means he does not act like such a prick towards ex-band members in interviews, I'm all for it! That being said, he already made a little crack about Mike in that one interview ("Mike...like Elvis...has left the building") and he joked about them at the Ravinia pre show. Obviously Mike's mom does not approve of the way Billy treated Mike (I cannot believe I just typed that). I have to agree with juliana (I cannot believe I just typed that) but Billy's comments in this particular interview probably refer more to Nicole. He probably just knew he'd come out looking horrible if he told the truth...that Mike showed no real signs of improvement in the four years he was in the band and was holding them back.

Ram27
09-11-2014, 12:11 AM
I would respect him more for saying that

Order 66
09-11-2014, 12:13 AM
kind of weird that nicole didn't hang on.. she's in her 30s and all.. but that is assuming (and it's a big assumption) that she legit quit on her own terms

juliana
09-11-2014, 12:52 AM
To the left
To the left

To the left
To the left

Mmmm to the left, to the left
Everything you own in the box to the left
In the closet, that's my stuff
Yes, if I bought it, baby, please don't touch (don't touch)

And keep talking that mess, that's fine
Could you walk and talk at the same time?
And it's my name that's on that tag
So remove your bags, let me call you a cab

Standing in the front yard, telling me
How I'm such a fool, talking 'bout
How I'll never ever find a bassist like you
You got me twisted

You must not know 'bout me
I can have another bassist in a minute
Matter of fact, she'll be here in a minute (baby)

I can have another drummer by tomorrow
So don't you ever for a second get to thinkin'
You're irreplaceable?

So go ahead and get gone
Call up that band, and see if their home
Oops I bet you thought, that I didn't know
What did you think
I was putting you out for?
Because you was untrue
Rolling around with the amps that I bought you
Baby, drop them keys
Hurry up, before your taxi leaves

Standing in the front yard, telling me
How I'm such a fool, talking 'bout
How I'll never ever find a drummer like you
You got me twisted

I can have another drummer in a minute
Matter of fact, he'll be here in a minute (baby)

I will have another you by tomorrow
So don't you ever for a second get to thinkin'
You're irreplaceable (irreplaceable)?

So since I'm not your everything (irreplaceable)
How about I'll be nothing (nothing)? Nothing at all to you (nothing, nothing)
Baby I won't shed a tear for you (I won't shed a tear for you)
I won't lose a wink of sleep (a wink of sleep)
'Cause the truth of the matter is (truth is)
Replacing you is so easy

To the left, to the left.
Mmmmm
Everything you own in the box to the left

Don't you ever for a second get to thinking
You're irreplaceable?

I can have another you in a minute
Matter of fact, he'll be here in a minute (baby)

I can have another you by tomorrow
So don't you ever for a second get to thinkin'?
You must not know 'bout me (baby)
I can have another you in a minute
Matter of fact, he'll be here in a minute

You can pack all your bags we're finished (you must not know 'bout me)
'Cause you made your band now lay in it (you must not know 'bout me)
I could have another you by tomorrow
Don't you ever for a second get to thinkin'
You're irreplaceable?

amoergosum
09-11-2014, 01:31 AM
Commitment is such an arbitrary word. What could they have possibly done to fulfill Billy's personal idea of what a commitment to him/SP is, especially if he wasn't upfront with them from the get-go? They went wherever Billy recorded/rehearsed (including LA, Arizona, and Chicago) and they put SP above their own personal musical interests. I just don't see what more he could have reasonably expected from them.

Regarding Arizona...a little flashback >>>

Nicole: We went there to write the record that I was on with them...Oceania...we went to Sedona, Arizona to write, so Meg came along with me.

Interviewer: That band (SP) writes together???

Nicole: Ehhhhhhh....well, that's tricky.

Interviewer: You don't have to talk about it.

Nicole: [laughing]...that was tricky...we tried!...we definitely tried.

Meghan Toohey: It didn't quite work out for them but for me it was like a carthardic experience.

fuzzyroes
09-11-2014, 03:30 AM

I pretty much agree, but I think the fact that Mike was simultaneously working on another band pissed Corgan off. I mean, Billy did make him cancel his tour for no reason... So that's gotta tell us something.

I definitely agree with Billy though. It's basically impossible to make a living in music in this day and age and Corgan was giving that opportunity to these people. They probably should have focused all of their attention on SP. Even if you do have some down time, it's easy to realize that Corgans kind of an egomaniac and that he wuoldn't be pleased with these new members starting new bands. I mean, just jam out with some buddies and have fun for fucks sake. Why have the need to make a "band"?

I wonder what sorta direction Corgans gonna take with the next hired hands?

amoergosum
09-11-2014, 04:38 AM
I pretty much agree, but I think the fact that Mike was simultaneously working on another band pissed Corgan off. I mean, Billy did make him cancel his tour for no reason... So that's gotta tell us something.

I definitely agree with Billy though. It's basically impossible to make a living in music in this day and age and Corgan was giving that opportunity to these people. They probably should have focused all of their attention on SP. Even if you do have some down time, it's easy to realize that Corgans kind of an egomaniac and that he wuoldn't be pleased with these new members starting new bands. I mean, just jam out with some buddies and have fun for fucks sake. Why have the need to make a "band"?

Both Mike & Nicole seemed way more excited (see Twitter/Facebook) about the music of Bearcubbin & The Cold and Lovely...I think that's what pissed him off...and of course that SP sounded awful in this incarnation.

fuzzyroes
09-11-2014, 04:46 AM
Yeah, they could never just achieve that TIGHT, pulsating Pumpkins sound. It always sounded loose and sloppy. I always figured that was mostly due to Byrne, but I guess Nicole deserves some of the blame as she was a part of the rhythm section too. Whatever the problem was, they just didn't have much chemistry.

I'm actually optimistically hopeful for the new releases though. It's been so long since we've heard some new material without Byrne, this Tommy Lee stuff might actually kick some ass.

fuzzyroes
09-11-2014, 04:49 AM
Also, if the band was just killing it with intensity live and making brilliant new music I don't think Corgan would have cared about the side projects. Billy's the ring-leader of the band, he knew something just wasn't clicking. To feel and know that and see the members splitting their time in different bands he probably just thought "what the fucks the point?"

Great on Corgan for making the tough decision. He babbled on so much about them being the "real, new band" that he may have felt inclined to carry on with the charade. But what's clear to us must have been glaringly obvious to Corgan. The guy may be stubborn but he isn't an idiot.

Funbags
09-11-2014, 05:34 AM
Both Mike & Nicole seemed way more excited (see Twitter/Facebook) about the music of Bearcubbin & The Cold and Lovely...I think that's what pissed him off...and of course that SP sounded awful in this incarnation.

Nicole's self-promotion while in SP bugged the hell out of me. No one gives a shit about the Cold and Lovely. I'm sure it was great for Meghan Toohey when she tagged along to Sedona, but seriously...wtf??

Nicole brought a member of a side-project along to an SP writing getaway.

Cool As Ice Cream
09-11-2014, 05:43 AM
what self promotion? if you don't care about the cold and lovely - like every normal person, i guess - then maybe you shouldn't be following nicole on facebook or twitter or wherever she was pushing her little band.

Cool As Ice Cream
11-04-2014, 03:56 AM
so do we know more about weilandfan being the same person as the alternativenation guy? or is that still uncertain?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2cxuxdu.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/og9bg3.jpg
http://en.gravatar.com/thetriplethreat

fuzzyroes
11-04-2014, 04:52 AM
hahaha, nice detective work man.

Makes sense, who else would seriously have a "Weailand fan" user name?

amoergosum
11-04-2014, 04:59 AM
http://www.midmarket.org/sites/default/files/Columbo%20One%20more%20thing%20Courtesy%20ABC%20TV .GIF

scottytheoneand
11-04-2014, 12:24 PM
Nicole's self-promotion while in SP bugged the hell out of me. No one gives a shit about the Cold and Lovely. I'm sure it was great for Meghan Toohey when she tagged along to Sedona, but seriously...wtf??

Nicole brought a member of a side-project along to an SP writing getaway.

I care. Also, Meg is a cool and a good songwriter.

Plus, this is once again billy whining after the fact. He's done the same kind of bitching about almost everyone who's ever been in the band. Bill uses the line that others aren't truly committed to SP anytime he wants a scapegoat.

T&T
11-04-2014, 12:39 PM
and billy is 100% committed to SP by closing the tea shop and quitting resistance pro.
uh huh

cardiac
11-04-2014, 02:30 PM
and billy is 100% committed to SP by closing the tea shop and quitting resistance pro.
uh huh

Excellent point, this. Bill's full of shit as usual.

Araneae
11-04-2014, 04:12 PM
He's done the same kind of bitching about almost everyone who's ever been in the band. Bill uses the line that others aren't truly committed to SP anytime he wants a scapegoat.

uh huh

There has not been a single past/long-term member that he has not accused of not being fully present or committed to SP (or him, which is what he's really trying to say). Weirdly enough, reading over his confessions a while back, he had the exact same complaint towards his mother, wife, and girlfriends. I think it's safe to say that Billy has some psychological issues and his hypocrisy just makes it that much worse. He expects so much out of others but doesn't do the same for them. It just ends up being impossible to satisfy his unrealistic expectations.

werideatdusk
11-04-2014, 04:27 PM
I know for a fact that Billy was at least considering ditching Mike and Nicole as far back as November, I believe that's well before they started working with their respective side groups. I talked to him at Zuzu's (I posted a full account somewhere) and in a nutshell he said that they just couldn't play heavy, because they didn't grow up playing heavy. This was not so long after he said he wanted the Oceania followup to be a "brutal record".

Of course, "Being Beige" makes most of oceania sound like Slayer, so who the fuck knows whats going thru bills head these days?

scottytheoneand
11-04-2014, 04:50 PM
November of what year? the first EP from Nicole's "side band" was written, recorded and released at virtually the same time as Oceania. Her relationship with Meg goes back several years.

scottytheoneand
11-04-2014, 04:55 PM
countless videos and interviews from 2010 through 2013 of billy gushing about his 4 bandmates. I remember him on the Oceania cruise going on and on about how "this is the band that I want to play with! this is the best band!" blah blah blah

Also, D'arcy can't play, Melissa plays on top of the guitars and Paz is crazy

The only people he hasn't publicly criticized are Ginger, Lisa, Linda and Jeff.

werideatdusk
11-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Ginger and Matt Walker 2015!

slunken
11-04-2014, 04:58 PM
it is november 2014

Mals Marola
11-04-2014, 05:17 PM

i feel like this one's only a matter of time

Araneae
11-04-2014, 09:56 PM
countless videos and interviews from 2010 through 2013 of billy gushing about his 4 bandmates. I remember him on the Oceania cruise going on and on about how "this is the band that I want to play with! this is the best band!" blah blah blah

Also, D'arcy can't play, Melissa plays on top of the guitars and Paz is crazy

Well, that's his schtick. He builds them up and then tears them down. Seeing that this is a consistent trend with him, I don't know how anyone can honestly argue in Billy's favor.

Lisa and Linda were never supposed to be permanent members and had Ginger not married and had a baby I'm sure something would have happened. Ginger left on her own to focus on her family.

Ram27
11-04-2014, 10:10 PM
JEFF EXCOMMUNICATION 2016

GET HYPE