View Full Version : New Aphex Twin album coming out in about 3 weeks!

Lysergic
08-26-2014, 12:51 PM
surprised no one has posted about this yet on here....then again, i guess i'm not that surprised, as most of you probably don't like AFX...but i do so here is an article! the dude is a sound engineering genius. i'm sorry but that is just my belief. :banging:

http://www.nme.com/news/aphex-twin--2/79382

Crystal_Chrome
08-26-2014, 01:52 PM
I personally can't wait. It looks like it could be a Tuss continuation but hopefully will incorporate flavors from other styles he has done as well. I am sure it is going to be great stuff nonetheless.
Aphex Twin and The Pumpkins are both in my top-5 acts of all time so there you go. I'm pretty sure I've also seen a dude with the RDJ album cover as avatar around here.
Makes me wonder, has Corgan ever acknowledged Aphex or some other IDM artist like Autechre or something? I somehow doubt it'd be his cup of tea....

Lysergic
08-26-2014, 03:43 PM
I personally can't wait. It looks like it could be a Tuss continuation but hopefully will incorporate flavors from other styles he has done as well. I am sure it is going to be great stuff nonetheless.
Aphex Twin and The Pumpkins are both in my top-5 acts of all time so there you go. I'm pretty sure I've also seen a dude with the RDJ album cover as avatar around here.
Makes me wonder, has Corgan ever acknowledged Aphex or some other IDM artist like Autechre or something? I somehow doubt it'd be his cup of tea....

nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. i'd imagine the album will probably just be another mixture of ambient, breakbeat, etc. Aphex stays consistently good. He is even more weird and secretive about his process then Billy Corgan but i'd imagine he probably works on music literally from when he wakes up until he goes to bed. he is claiming he has enough material for like 10+ albums he has recorded since "Druqs"...but he is also a pathological liar so who knows? either way, i'm excited to hear it.

i dunno...to me Billy seems like someone who might enjoy Aphex Twin's music. i know he does like electronica...but it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. if they every collaborated, though, that would just be fuckin rad.

yo soy el mejor
08-26-2014, 08:42 PM
aphex twin has put out a whole lot of good stuff and a whole lot of shit.

pavementtune
08-26-2014, 08:55 PM
as most of you probably don't like AFX...

there are maybe 10 people posting on this board section, on what are you basing your assumption what "most of us" don't like?

Lysergic Amish Rake Fighter Location: Oklahoma Posts: 13

actually please answer another question first: is that you in your avatar

Trotskilicious
08-26-2014, 09:11 PM
Thats danny mcbride in tropic thunder, ffs

Sonic Johnny
08-26-2014, 09:25 PM
Corgan is a sad old rock pig too obsessed with the outdated notion of "guitar gods" and shit like that to appreciate stuff like Aphex. I bet he heard the James Blake album and punched a kitten.

toase
08-26-2014, 11:45 PM
aphex twin has put out a whole lot of good stuff and a whole lot of shit.

came here to say this

TuralyonW3
08-27-2014, 12:48 AM
I will certainly check this shit out

Trotskilicious
08-27-2014, 01:12 AM
i still like how the op is like dudes have you ever heard of one of the most famous producers that has ever been, i mean it's super obscure nobody's ever heard of it except everybody you guys might not be into it

Cool As Ice Cream
08-27-2014, 02:25 AM
nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex. nice! glad i'm not the only one who thinks Aphex is some masterful shit. it takes a certain type of person to really get enjoyment out of Aphex.

Trotskilicious
08-27-2014, 02:41 AM
a certain very special someone

Cool As Ice Cream
08-27-2014, 03:01 AM
"special"

pavementtune
08-27-2014, 03:33 AM
Does anybody else imagine the board burping after devouring a new poster?
A grimace coming out of netphoria's black background, fading in, smacking its lips, spitting out tiny pieces of lysergic and... no? Okay, just checking.

http://i.imgur.com/1kqSACQ.gif

pavementtune
08-27-2014, 03:37 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JJr-SYQ559Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trotskilicious
08-27-2014, 03:38 AM
WELL I MEAN THEY JUST MAKE IT SO EASY

pavementtune
08-27-2014, 03:42 AM
Ah damn, it wasn't rubber johnny, it's come to daaaaaddy
Burp

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uUmNmpGnKp4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cool As Ice Cream
08-27-2014, 04:31 AM
what's with people using this smiley? :banging:
it never ends well.

Crystal_Chrome
08-27-2014, 06:14 AM
i dunno...to me Billy seems like someone who might enjoy Aphex Twin's music. i know he does like electronica...

BTW, I know Corgan likes Aphex. At a show during the Machina tour he played Aphenx Twin for an hour before the band came out. Stuff from I Care Because You Do and SAWII.

Really? Now that's interesting. For some reason I thought he'd hate most things electronic. Probably because he has said stuff along the lines of "Kids make all this horrible laptop music" or something but maybe he meant more recent stuff and not legends like Aphex Twin. Yet again if you think about it, Adore era production, Stigmata OST and his interest in modular synths/AEGEA reveal he's gotta be into more experimental electronic music which is cool.

Richard D. James is known to hate alternative rock, he doesn't even like Radiohead who have been influenced by him during their "Kid A/Amnesiac" era so I guess it's pretty safe to assume he doesn't own a Siamese Dream copy.
Although I think I've read he appreciates Deep Purple (I think he said Deep Purple) because "he likes breakbeats" and Pink Floyd because "he likes ambience" so maybe they do share some common ground with Corgan after all. Yet again he is a master troll so nobody can be sure. Oh well.

Maybe Kid606 can relate better:

http://endlessballs.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/cave.jpg

Lysergic
08-27-2014, 01:35 PM
what's with people using this smiley? :banging:
it never ends well.

:banging::banging:::banging::banging: :love:

c'mon motherfucker. i used to use this board as raindrops+sunshowers. my hair used to look like a big, dumb hot-air balloon. i also looked like a chick and wore sweaters for girls.

....but those storms have died, now. i'm still annoying, though. ;)

anyway, i just assumed no one here would like aphex twin because the kids of netphoria don't like anything! (but at least this is the surviving pumpkins bbs...not BLAMO.ORG

Lysergic
08-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Does anybody else imagine the board burping after devouring a new poster?
A grimace coming out of netphoria's black background, fading in, smacking its lips, spitting out tiny pieces of lysergic and... no? Okay, just checking.

http://i.imgur.com/1kqSACQ.gif

anyone who spits out lysergic is no friend of mine.

i could give a rats ass, on that tip. this is a fucking message board. i will probably get banned at some point for not having enough time in my life to post 40,000 times.

before i do get banned, i'm gonna recommend you fuckers change the "amish rake fighter" to "N00b. Fire at will." or just "Target."

(at least i will still be able to come here to read all the extremely useful shit you motherfuckers talk about)

Lysergic
08-27-2014, 01:56 PM
i still like how the op is like dudes have you ever heard of one of the most famous producers that has ever been, i mean it's super obscure nobody's ever heard of it except everybody you guys might not be into it

and i didn't say people hadn't heard of fucking aphex twin. i'm pretty sure most people know who he is...

Lysergic
08-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Really? Now that's interesting. For some reason I thought he'd hate most things electronic. Probably because he has said stuff along the lines of "Kids make all this horrible laptop music" or something but maybe he meant more recent stuff and not legends like Aphex Twin. Yet again if you think about it, Adore era production, Stigmata OST and his interest in modular synths/AEGEA reveal he's gotta be into more experimental electronic music which is cool.

this is more my sentiment about Corgan's feelings toward electronica.

i'm pretty sure the "kids making music on laptops" statement was more about people like Skrillex.

Elphenor
08-27-2014, 02:36 PM
I always thought Corgan loved and had an interest in creating music with heavy electronic elements just as much as he loved big guitars but the times were demanding grungey rock.

noyen
08-27-2014, 06:19 PM
adore. his stupid solo stuff. the drum machines. rabbit in the moon remixes. etc. he's an asshole but not oblivious to "hip underground" stuff the kids will like.

richard james is awesome but this could all also all be a big trick and it might be a really shitty un-listenable album why he laughs all the way to the bank. people are already skeptical about him using digital samples and software synths on this one thinking a bunch of sheep will sell all their analog gear and start eating up software synths. hopefully i can find some cheap moog and other classic keyboards after it is released on the cheap.

Trotskilicious
08-27-2014, 07:23 PM
This shit is pretty mild, unsure from whence the butthurt came

myosis
08-28-2014, 12:51 AM
Is it even possible to program those unbelievably fast rushes on analog gear? Holy shit what a headache.it's kinda what squarepusher did, inspired by remarc and plug and such...
probably tedious but it seems his work got even more tedious when he switched to digital.

myosis
08-28-2014, 12:59 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zypOT0RpUWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

myosis
08-28-2014, 01:10 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mQgTzkO5rzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Shallowed
08-28-2014, 02:56 AM
before i do get banned, i'm gonna recommend you fuckers change the "amish rake fighter" to "N00b. Fire at will." or just "Target."

Thanks for the tip. Fixing the margin problem was extremely mentally draining, but I'll get on to it as soon as I can.

Trotskilicious
08-28-2014, 03:04 AM
before he gets banned because he was lightly roasted

Lysergic
08-28-2014, 10:16 AM
richard james is awesome but this could all also all be a big trick and it might be a really shitty un-listenable album why he laughs all the way to the bank. people are already skeptical about him using digital samples and software synths on this one thinking a bunch of sheep will sell all their analog gear and start eating up software synths. hopefully i can find some cheap moog and other classic keyboards after it is released on the cheap.

i'm been wanting a moog - even a rogue - for a long time, now. i would actually be okay with the new album being some more fucking bizarro kooky stuff if people started selling their analog gear....i don't think it will be the case, though. then again, i sleep to aphex at night a lot (all the ambient works) and some of the stuff on those is downright creepy to wake up to in the middle of the night.

toase
08-28-2014, 08:16 PM
Hey man, fuck you man, is that you in your avatar, your hair is dumb man, fuck you.

On another note, I think it was interesting that the Aphex Twin Corgan played before the show I was at was his more subdued stuff with more straight ahead beats. He might not have been down with the breakbeat snare rush shit of the late 90's early 2000's Aphex.

Ever heard of Breakcore? I think Frusciante recorded an album with Venetian Snares

toase
08-28-2014, 08:39 PM
This is a good starting point https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPZc9JYdkrQ&fmt=18 if curious

MyKeyZ
08-29-2014, 07:37 PM
I can't wait for the new Aphex Twin!
Apparently he has several albums sitting around, but "SYRO" is the most accessible.

Anyone listen to his stuff under the alias The Tuss???

Squarepusher's latest release "Music For Robots" literally written with robots is quite interesting...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkUq4sO4LQM

How about any Autechre fans here?

@POOTS

Vaexth - "Mass"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULMabI1JXDs

Another good Warp Records artist is LFO... no, not that teeny bopper boy band shit... THE classic electronic artist LFO. Check out his album "Sheath" and has produced a lot of Bjork's material.

"Mummy, I've Had An Accident"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf6YbDmF3ew

"Premacy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux3v_wzXQ64

Oh, and Clark is another great IDM/experimental electronic music producer...

"Fantasm Planes"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8qXLEQxNGw

"Rainbow Voodoo"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTu8XjCAqQU

Shallowed
08-29-2014, 07:40 PM
You are the fuzzyroes of electronic music. It's uncanny.

MyKeyZ
08-29-2014, 07:46 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zypOT0RpUWQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh man!
Love this choon!

The video/mini-movie for "Come On My Selector" is pretty wild...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWCSw_cNxKc

Directed by Chris Cunningham, the dude who directed Aphex Twin's "Come To Daddy" video. Huge fan of Cunningham, his DVD video collection that they put out is amazing. He's pretty out there. Anyone see his mini-movie "Rubber Johnny" that features music by Aphex Twin. That movie is fucking disturbing. I always wanted Cunningham to takeover directing duties for the "Silent Hill" movies. I think his bizarre/grotesque-ness would really suit that style. But he hasn't actually worked on a real full on movie, except "A.I.: Artificial Intelligence" when Stanley Kubrick was still involved. His team over in Europe were let go when Spielberg came on board. If you wanna see what Cunningham's work would have been like for "A.I.," watch his video for Bjork's "All Is Full Of Love." He reused his scrapped work for it.

MyKeyZ
08-29-2014, 07:48 PM
You are the fuzzyroes of electronic music. It's uncanny.

What exactly does that mean?
I figured out fuzzyroes is a person on the boards.
I listen to a lot of electronic music... different styles/genres... all across the board...
There's lots of amazing stuff out there that gets buried under the usual commercial EDM crap.
It is a bad thing? What was fuzzyroes expertise?

noyen
08-29-2014, 07:55 PM
do you have a black friend too?

MyKeyZ
08-29-2014, 07:58 PM
do you have a black friend too?

LOL, what?
Umm... yeah? Shouldn't we all?
At least one I'd think... unless you're some bigot. :D
I'll do ya one better... I have a black bandmate/group member.
I'm just that cultured yo.

Trotskilicious
08-29-2014, 08:07 PM
It is a bad thing? What was fuzzyroes expertise?

canadian grunge and buttrock

MyKeyZ
08-29-2014, 08:20 PM
oh man!
another buttrock fan!

i didn't know there was Canadian grunge scene.

Trotskilicious
08-29-2014, 08:22 PM
we didn't either until fuzzy told us about all these "really groovy bands" that we would "totally dig"

MyKeyZ
08-29-2014, 09:13 PM
Well, I guess it's time to live up to my fuzzyroes status...

When it comes to IDM and experimental music... you gotta give it to Warp Records.
They got all the big names... such as Mr. Richard D. James.
Back in the mid-90's Trent Reznor's label with John Malm, Jr. known as Nothing Records helped distribute a lot of Warp's stuff except for AFX who had his own stuff with Sire Records.

Ninja Tune Records is another great label that's a little more diverse when it comes to electronic music.

And another great electronic musician/sound designer from Ninja Tune is Amon Tobin (also produces under the alias Two Fingers.)

His last album "ISAM" that was released under his own name was a huge step into a whole new musical territory for him. He was always experimental, but this was like a journey into another dimension. It's one of those albums that you have to experience from start to finish to capture its story. Plus I bought the CD/Book release with all of the amazing art down by Tessa Farmer. She takes dead things and found objects and turns them into art. There was a whole art installation for her work over in Europe as well as here in the States.

http://www.futuresequence.com/Uploads/amon-tobin-isam-large.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Sea5r0PamPI/TrKJnjbev8I/AAAAAAAACC8/Rgd4dFFOrZA/s1600/amon-tobin-isam.jpg

Here's the opening track "Journeyman"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkjKsLlt7PU

Here's the full live show for "ISAM," which is fucking gorgeous...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zMI-qbmIPk

He reworked the whole album and took it live with this 3D stage setup that he was housed in and projected images onto. It was immense and THE greatest visual experience I have ever had live... EVER. Hands down. Since the set up itself was 3D, it made what was projected onto it look 3 dimensional without the need for 3D glasses. So gutted that I didn't get to experience ISAM 3D LIVE 2.O with an 80% larger set up the second time around since they were playing bigger venues. But I did get to witness 1.0 in a Masonic Temple in Brooklyn that really added to the weirdness vibe. This is available as a live CD/DVD... but he really missed a great opportunity to film this in 3D because the videos just don't cut it compared to you being there.

Here's a compilation vid of the larger stage...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPWSE1AmjGQ

This is Part 1 of 3 of someone's full live video recording...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2neUctndyTY

Like The Smashing Pumpkins, Amon put out an awesome box set a couple of years ago...
http://www.ninjatune.net/amon-boxset/images/amon_boxset_2.jpg

And if you wanna go with more of the big beats and booming bass sound...
his TWO FINGERS project is where it's at.

"Stripe Rhythm"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxk78XBc--w

"Fools Rhythm"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvttDWdl0OQ

Oh and here's his INSANE reboot/remix/whatever the Fig Newton you wanna call it of "Reign In Blood" by Slayer... hence going under the alias Player for this one off release.

Player - "Angel of Theft"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paOnD9fWzJc

I saw someone earlier suggest Venetian Snares to check out...
this remix is like Venetian Snares + Slayer! = :dammit:

When he closed with this at one of his gigs, the dancefloor went from everyone getting down and boogying to erupting into an all out war.
"Out From Out Where" is the best place to start... "Supermodified," "Chaos Theory" (his score turned album for the game Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory), and his found sound album "Foley Room" are also pretty wicked.

yo soy el mejor
08-29-2014, 09:37 PM
i used to put on this song every night before bed

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w6CQRVODln0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i was always asleep before the end. if i ever can't sleep and really want to i'll sometimes put it on and knock out if i try hard enough.

MyKeyZ
08-30-2014, 07:26 AM
Listening parties...

Between September 5th and 10th, listening events for Aphex Twin's upcoming album 'Syro' will be held in cities in UK, France, USA, Canada, Belgium and Netherlands. A lottery for tickets will open this Sunday.

Beginning next Friday, over the course of several days there will be one off events internationally where fans will be able to hear Aphex Twin’s first new record in 13 years in its entirety. Ticket lottery begins on Sunday, August 31 at 4AM PST / 7AM EST / 12PM GMT / 1PM CET and closes Tuesday, September 2 at midnight in each time zone.

SEPTEMBER
05 - London, UK
05 - Paris, FR
06 - New York City, US
06 - Los Angeles, US
07 - Chicago, US
07 - Toronto, CA
08 - Brussels, BE
10 - Utrecht, NL

http://warp.net/records/aphex-twin/syro-listening

smashingjj
08-30-2014, 08:32 AM
Well, I guess it's time to live up to my fuzzyroes status...

When it comes to IDM and experimental music...
you gotta give it to Warp Records.
They got all the big names... such as Mr. Richard D. James.

Back in the mid-90's Trent Reznor's label with John Malm, Jr. known as Nothing Records helped distribute a lot of Warp's stuff except for AFX who had his own stuff with Sire Records.

Another great producer from the Warp camp...

JACKSON AND HIS COMPUTERBAND...
if you watch Cartoon Network's Adult Swim, you more than likely heard a Jackson track or two since Adult Swim use a lot of Warp artists. His latest album "Glow" came out toward the end of last year. It's a great and diverse album... it's much more than just an electronic music record. It transcends the norm of what electronic music can be, kinda like NIN's "The Downward Spiral." Jackson's debut album "Smash" is pretty good as well, but it was a bit more dancey. A couple of tracks were used during Adult Swim bumps. "Glow" was one of my favorite albums of 2013.

"G.I. Jane (Fill Me Up)" <--- Warning: this music video is NSFW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIHLMmO1FW4

"Dead Living Things"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bChlP50NkuA

Ninja Tune Records is another great label that's a little more diverse when it comes to electronic music.

And another great electronic musician/sound designer from Ninja Tune is Amon Tobin (also produces under the alias Two Fingers and back in the day Cujo and Player.)

His last album "ISAM" that was released under his own name was a huge step into a whole new musical territory for him. He was always experimental, but this was like a journey into another dimension. It's one of those albums that you have to experience from start to finish to capture its story. Plus I bought the CD/Book release with all of the amazing art down by Tessa Farmer. She takes dead things and found objects and turns them into art. There was a whole art installation for her work over in Europe as well as here in the States.

http://www.futuresequence.com/Uploads/amon-tobin-isam-large.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Sea5r0PamPI/TrKJnjbev8I/AAAAAAAACC8/Rgd4dFFOrZA/s1600/amon-tobin-isam.jpg

Here's the opening track "Journeyman"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkjKsLlt7PU

Here's the full live show for "ISAM," which is fucking gorgeous...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zMI-qbmIPk

He reworked the whole album and took it live with this 3D stage setup that he was housed in and projected images onto. It was immense and THE greatest visual experience I have ever had live... EVER. Hands down. Since the set up itself was 3D, it made what was projected onto it look 3 dimensional without the need for 3D glasses. So gutted that I didn't get to experience ISAM 3D LIVE 2.O with an 80% larger set up the second time around since they were playing bigger venues. But I did get to witness 1.0 in a Masonic Temple in Brooklyn that really added to the weirdness vibe. This is available as a live CD/DVD... but he really missed a great opportunity to film this in 3D because the videos just don't cut it compared to you being there. Always thought Nine Inch Nails had one of the best live visual perfomances... but Amon Tobin has beaten every single one. A lot of folks are doing the whole projection thang... but NOT like this.

Here's a compilation vid of the larger stage...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPWSE1AmjGQ

This is Part 1 of 3 of someone's full live video recording...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2neUctndyTY

Like The Smashing Pumpkins, Amon put out an awesome box set a couple of years ago...
http://www.ninjatune.net/amon-boxset/images/amon_boxset_2.jpg

And if you wanna go with more of the big beats and booming bass sound...
his TWO FINGERS project is where it's at.

"Stripe Rhythm"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxk78XBc--w

"Fools Rhythm"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvttDWdl0OQ

Oh and here's his INSANE reboot/remix/whatever the Fig Newton you wanna call it of "Reign In Blood" by Slayer... hence going under the alias Player for this one off release.

Player - "Angel of Theft"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paOnD9fWzJc

I saw someone earlier suggest Venetian Snares to check out...
this remix is like Venetian Snares + Slayer! = :dammit:

I've seen Amon live 8 or 9 times, lost count to be honest...
When he closed with this at one of his gigs, the dancefloor went from everyone getting down and boogying to erupting into an all out war.

I can't imagine where's gonna go with the next album that he is currently working on after the sonic boundaries he broke with "ISAM."
Though if I had to suggest an album to start with... "Out From Out Where" is the best place.
He has several albums, not including his aliases... "Supermodified," "Chaos Theory" (his score turned album for the game Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory), and his found sound album "Foley Room" are also pretty wicked.

thanks for all the info man. i've never heard of these obscure bands and labels. are they yours?

myosis
08-30-2014, 04:53 PM
yeah i have a hunch that MyKeys was born in the 90's

Trotskilicious
08-30-2014, 06:10 PM
You expect me to read

All That Shit
By You

?

MyKeyZ
08-31-2014, 12:02 PM
yeah i have a hunch that MyKeys was born in the 90's

Born in the 80's actually...

Oh what a shock, Kanye West is even an asshole to Aphex Twin while trying to rip him off at the same time...
http://www.nme.com/news/aphex-twin--2/79391

Wow, tried to get away with sampling without permission...
Then when RDJ actually tries to be nice and offer help in improving the half-assed artifact inducing way Kanye's crew sampled him by re-recording the part at the correct BPM for him, Kanye response is... "It's not yours, it's ours, and we're not even asking you any more."

What a way to stay classy and show respect for the folks you planned to rip off.

MyKeyZ
08-31-2014, 12:11 PM
The Tuss... what you'd expect from RDJ along with some random images of rams in a field.

Rushup Edge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0YyBp8ZyeE&list=PLDF857DFA99F06D7D

Confederation Trough EP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ngMz_qPKKs&list=PLi--9FwAiYcutiGETQyh7l7EqNtrD-9Xv

myosis
08-31-2014, 12:21 PM
O RLY?

MyKeyZ
08-31-2014, 12:27 PM
Too bad the Die Antwoord collab on their new album was just really a sample in the end.
They would come out during RDJ's sets and Ninja made a big deal about working with him.
I was psyched to see what insanity they would create, but it was just AFX's "Ageispolis" reworked a bit.
RDJ claims to have several albums done (who the hell knows with him), an AFX vs DA release would be cool.

Love this track off Drukqs...
"Mt Saint Michel + Saint Michaels Mount"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YL4HiiwZjg

More work from Chris Cunningham... haven't really seen any recent work from him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J639xIdgzQU

butthurt
09-04-2014, 08:47 PM
Minipops 67 [120.2][Source Field Mix]

http://www.stereogum.com/1703004/aphex-twin-minipops-67-120-2source-field-mix/mp3s/

House of Bread
09-04-2014, 10:03 PM
Hell of a single.

Trotskilicious
09-05-2014, 12:52 AM
i can dig it

Lysergic
09-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Minipops 67 [120.2][Source Field Mix]

http://www.stereogum.com/1703004/aphex-twin-minipops-67-120-2source-field-mix/mp3s/

you beat me to it. i like this track a lot. it actually reminded me of some of his early stuff (you know...the less weird/almost cheesyish earlier stuff.)

MyKeyZ
09-17-2014, 11:28 PM
drip drip drip

and it sounds grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

Trotskilicious
09-17-2014, 11:34 PM
what happened to poots? i hope he died.

Elphenor
09-20-2014, 12:37 AM
I was actually first exposed to Aphex Twin by watching David Firth's disturbing animations.

Elphenor
09-20-2014, 12:38 AM
The new single is fantastic.

thomas_bland
09-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Proper looking forward to this one, coupled with the new Clark record it's going to be a good couple of months for electronic music.

Elphenor
09-20-2014, 07:17 PM
I would like some milk from the milkman's wive's tits

Elphenor
09-23-2014, 06:39 PM
Holy fuck this album is good.

Elphenor
09-23-2014, 06:46 PM
IT MOTHERFUCKING GROOOOVESSSSS

Sonic Johnny
09-23-2014, 08:08 PM
It's pretty good, although i'm not sure i'm as receptive to Aphex now as I was last time he was active. Certainly serves to highlight the fact that the last 10 or so Autechre albums were massive turds.

Elphenor
09-24-2014, 12:00 AM
Im not really familiar with a lot of electronic so Im just losing my shit over this. I like this more than any of his previous albums.

noyen
09-24-2014, 12:07 AM
i like it. it's a fun listen and will require repeat listens to appreciate further i'm sure. one of those albums to be in the mood for listening to all the way through with some 'spensive scotch, eccies and kool aid.

toase
09-25-2014, 12:46 PM
it's alright

toase
09-25-2014, 01:55 PM
I take it back, it's great :cool:

butthurt
01-20-2015, 11:39 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B66QjJSCAAAQr1_.jpg:large

Mals Marola
01-20-2015, 11:41 PM
but i haven't even completely gotten my head around syro yet what the fuck!!!!!!