View Full Version : Morrissey - 'World Peace is None of Your Business'

Raskolnikov
08-05-2014, 12:07 PM
:noway:

Raskolnikov
08-05-2014, 12:09 PM
So, thoughts on the latest Morrissey release?

I'm a pretty big Moz/Smiths dude - especially his solo catalog, which I actually would say I almost like MORE than Smiths stuff - but this one just isn't doing much for me.

Granted, have only listened once all the way through with a little dabbling here and there again, but nothing really stood out to me. Obviously need to give it some more time and effort, but at first listen, I'm oddly indifferent towards it.

I grabbed the 2 CD edition from Best Buy - if anybody wants those disc 2 bonus tracks, I'd be happy to upload, just say the word.

noyen
08-05-2014, 05:17 PM
ill probably give it a listen but i havent been into anything he's put out in a long time. i do buy his records though because they always end up being worth tons of money. (the vinyl stuff). i think it's on spotify i just have to get in the mood to queue it up.

redbreegull
08-06-2014, 12:05 AM
not that this is relevant but if anyone wanted to rate Morrissey's solo albums so I have some new stuff to listen to that would be cool. I only know Viva Hate and Vauxhall and I and I like both of those a lot. I also heard the one with You Have Killed Me on it (circa 2006 maybe) and it wasn't very good.

Trotskilicious
08-06-2014, 03:22 AM
that album is one of my favorite morrissey covers, where he's playing the violin and you're like fuck off moz you don't know how to play a violin

Raskolnikov
08-08-2014, 02:01 PM
...if anyone wanted to rate Morrissey's solo albums...

Happily will do that for ya... but am gonna split them into two camps.

1988 - 2000

1.) Vauxhall and I - Really, the best. Tough to debate. Speedway is the raddest album closer of all time.

2.) Your Arsenal - The one before Vauxhall. Same band as Vauxhaull, but more rockabilly at spots.

3.) Southpaw Grammar - My personal favorite for sentimental reasons, but not the best one. Most people hate it and would smash it to the bottom, but there is some great stuff on there.

4.) Bona Drag - If you like Viva Hate, you'll love this. It's a compliation technically, but most of it didn't get released elsewhere.

5.) Maladjusted - Rough going. But worth it alone for "Trouble Loves Me" and "Alma Matters".

6.) Kill Uncle - "Our Frank" and "Sing Your Life" are solid, past that, tripe.

7.) Viva Hate - No need for this if you've got Bona Drag.

2004 - Present

1.) Years of Refusal - I really dig this one: some strong singles, some great back half of the record jams too.

2.) You Are the Quarry - The one that most point to as his strongest post reformation work.

3.) Ringleader of the Tormentors - Jockeys for 2nd place in my list, actually. If nothing else, "Life is a Pigsty" almost puts it there alone.

4.) World Peace - Don't see this one changing rank anytime soon.

Trotskilicious
08-09-2014, 12:25 AM
his boyfriend disagrees

Trotskilicious
08-10-2014, 01:14 AM
okay but he has a boyfriend

redbreegull
08-10-2014, 01:41 AM
I don't know a ton about the guy's personal life but I was under the impression that after many years of celibacy, Morrissey changed has ways and has now been romantically linked to both men and women

Raskolnikov
08-29-2014, 11:49 PM
Meant to get in here and squash this a bit ago, but lots of the asexual rumors and talk were pieced together/inferred from quotes back in the day.

Today, his lyrics pretty much speak for themselves.

Song below is pretty radical - so there's that. But from about 1:30 forward, it puts lots of rumors/etc to rest about his lack of sexuality. Pardon the cheeseball "lyric video" but, yeah.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8ghj1TG6dLA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>