View Full Version : For my birthday

kelsome
07-13-2014, 07:03 AM
I think for my birthday today, I will stay in bed. Watch movies. Drink wine. Eat kettle corn. Sounds great to me.

What was your favorite birthday? I'm turning 28. 30 is so close.

duovamp
07-13-2014, 07:47 AM
My 50th was good. Life's so rad.

yo soy el mejor
07-13-2014, 08:42 AM
i forget which birthday this was - maybe my 22nd - but i woke up and went out to breakfast. then i bought some booze and drank it and went swimming in the pool at my apartment complex. then i rode my bike to the book store and bought a book called 'the guide to better birthdays'. after that i went to a bar and met a girl and went back to her place.

i enjoy spending birthdays alone.

yo soy el mejor
07-13-2014, 08:48 AM
i really don't know that's my favorite, but i remember it well and enjoyed my own company. for my 29th last month i worked, but the following weekend tim took me out aaand we went to an archery range.

yo soy el mejor
07-13-2014, 08:49 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

:bananamac

reprise85
07-13-2014, 03:32 PM
happy birthday

i dont remember any outstanding birthdays i've ever had. not that they are bad or anything, just not notable. i also turned 29 in april.

MusicMan4
07-13-2014, 03:33 PM
birthdays suck shit
who even cares once you aren't a teenager
i mean not that i don't have the most adolescent mindset of anyone anyone knows

ilikeplanets
07-13-2014, 04:26 PM
every birthday since 16 has been awesome

duovamp
07-13-2014, 04:36 PM
And by birthday I mean "excuse to drink #47812."

Order 66
07-13-2014, 05:00 PM
i turn 21 this year. cannot wait to drink my first beer!

duovamp
07-13-2014, 05:06 PM
I'll be there for you.

null123
07-13-2014, 05:51 PM
I haven't made a point of celebrating my birthday since I was like 11 but this year my friends made me go out to dinner and it was pretty nice. So I guess I pick 25. Worst by far was 21.

bignothing
07-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Yeah I remember as a kid every birthday party my parents would invite the entire classroom. I think on third grade my sisters decided to tell everyone which boy I "liked" (traditionally there's a song about who you'll end up marrying, don't think there's a similar thing in the US), he was at the party and I hid under the table and after that I never had a birthday party anymore.

Nowadays I choose to get high on whatever if I'm not with family. If I'm home, I just make myself some vegan ice cream cake and hang out with my younger but cool cousin who loves watching Buffy. This time I might go off to the UK on my own.

Trotskilicious
07-13-2014, 06:13 PM
all my birthdays have been pretty terrible

either nobody remembers i have one or i celebrate it myself and nobody comes

Order 66
07-13-2014, 06:30 PM
they remember they're just trying to be polite by not reminding you how closer to death you are

SuckSuckStyle
07-14-2014, 12:22 PM
my 21st was actually really fun. a group of friends took me to the local bar the night-of, then i had a basement party that weekend. it was california themed and everyone wore shorts. and there was a blizzard. filled the bathtub with snow for the keg. fun.

this year my ideal would be to go somewhere in nature with a little bungalow or comfy space with good music and art supplies and maybe a homie or two and drop acid. i'm turning 30 this year.

ilikeplanets
07-14-2014, 12:53 PM
We're gonna do some acid for my husband's 30th in....two days! Cheers!

null123
07-14-2014, 06:26 PM
Wow what a special occasion that must be for you

KAT
07-14-2014, 06:55 PM
My favorite birthday? I guess any birthday before 30...

ilikeplanets
07-14-2014, 07:38 PM
Wow what a special occasion that must be for you

sorry I was too anxious to post in your thread

Shallowed
07-14-2014, 07:57 PM
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

AndySlash
07-14-2014, 08:11 PM
while i wasn't there FOR my birthday or anything, on my 24th i got to do the touristy thing in lucerne, switzerland, and ride the gondola up to the top of mt. pilatus and take in the scenery. that one was probably my favorite birthday experience. not too many birthdays do you get to stand on the top of a mountain in switzerland.

sppunk
07-14-2014, 08:18 PM
For my 29th my wife surprised me with my first pilot lessons. That's probably my favorite.

scottytheoneand
07-14-2014, 08:28 PM
I can't wait till I'm 55 so I can get my AARP card

sppunk
07-14-2014, 08:49 PM
We get aarp mailing shit occasionally now. The discounts will be great, indeed.

pale_princess
07-14-2014, 10:25 PM
spent my most recent bday with graveflower in vegas. yolo

kelsome
07-14-2014, 10:58 PM
I slept all day and didn't watch any movies. I did eat mexican food with my family. One of my better birthdays was probably sometime in the past 5 years. Worst might be this one? I don't know.

I got depressed at the end of the night when I realized how I spent most of the day alone and unconscious.

kelsome
07-14-2014, 11:02 PM
thought about hitting this guy up on craigslist. Sounds like it might be a pretty good situation.

i want a wife who just cant be faithful - 27

hello ladies, im not looking for an ordinary woman. im looking for something regular guys want no part of! a 'hot mess' :)women who just can not stop seeing an ex bf, no matter how hard they try, is the most amazing thing in the world to me! .idk why its hot to me, but it is, a girl who just cant be faithful to a man she loves. i love a woman with flaws, baggage, things regular guys dont care for, or dont think are sexy!kids,stinky feet, stretch marks, past drama, anything. i know its weird but i love it!! i want a wifey who thinks she is innocent and sweet, even when she is spreading her legs for another man! i honestly wouldnt mind marrying a girl who is just with me to make herself stable, to get out of debt, take a break, and then try to find her prince, or work things out with her ex. a woman who is marrying me just so she can collect alimony in a few years? can you imagine never letting your own husband see past your undies, not even one single time? sort of teasing him, but also really having no intention of letting the man your married to inside you? essenitally a sexless marriage, but you still require him to be faithful to his wife, and you act innocent, and loving, even though you are far from it? yes, lol, never letting him have sex with you, expecting him to remain faithful tho? i know, its strange, but i want that, i want the unfairness of having a beautiful wife, and not even being able to feel her amazing sex, of knowing i get nothing, even though i was granted it in marriage. :) I basically want a girl who is marrying me to get half my income in spousal support! lol. im a sweet guy, who likes different things. i basically want to be used like toilet paper. im 27, tall, just under 6'. im a big guy ( not fat fat, but good sized, a teddy bear if u will). i work full time, own my own huose, cars, i make 8k+ a month. i spend most of my time out fishing and hiking ( at least for now :) ), but having a wife and kids could very well change that.

we would pretend we have a normal marriage for everyone around us, acting loving, and sweet :)

MusicMan4
07-14-2014, 11:16 PM
i think that's basically what i want out of a relationship

minus the fishing and hiking

noyen
happy birthday. you will find happiness on Craigslist.

null123
Not sure you wanna find out how deep the rabbit hole goes on that one

reprise85
07-14-2014, 11:47 PM
After reading ad after ad on Craigslist about individuals seeking to find a relationship offering meaning, contentment, or an opportunity to be spanked by a dominant transgender nun, I have decided that all I really want right now is a pretend relationship.

The benefits of a pretend relationship lie in being able to communicate via text or email with another individual only about things that are not actually occurring in one's life. It's the incredible chance to be completely dishonest with another individual who wants nothing more than a beautiful pretend connection with another soul.

We needn't share real names, or accurate personal data. I will never ask you to call me, meet me, or send me your bank account routing number to help a deposed Nigerian dictator who will pay you back in millions. I just want to have a deep, intense relationship that has no actual roots in reality.

To be my pretend girlfriend, you must be exceedingly intelligent, articulate, and edgy. Your sense of humor must be phenomenal -- I would never pretend date someone who was not incredibly funny. You should be quite beautiful with striking features, (though I will never really know if it's true). It's essential that your mastery of English includes proper spelling. I will pretend break-up with you in a heartbeat if you make lots of typos. That's a major turn off...

I am (in truth, just this once) a really bright, very good looking health-care professional, who is probably running a bit hypomanic in recent weeks. I am coming off of a very painful pretend-break up, so I might be pretend rebounding right now.

Potential pretend girlfriends please note: When responding for this position please attach a picture of yourself and ******* one or two sentences as to why you think this job would be a good fit for you. You also need to know that I will not respond to any replies that ******* photos of your penis. (I don't expect any such replies, but it seems like that's what everyone writes at the end of their ads...)

Happy Monday evening from my call room at an undisclosed hospital!

Trotskilicious
07-15-2014, 03:09 AM
hey how did you find my ads

kelsome
07-16-2014, 10:06 PM
Guys.

My 10 year reunion is in September. Ex will probably be there with new girlfriend. Should I go to this.

There are tickets involved. 40 a pop. I don't think this is a good idea.

Bread Regal
07-17-2014, 12:43 AM
reunions are just a terrible idea all around.

Trotskilicious
07-17-2014, 12:45 AM
if there was anyone from high school you wanted to keep up with you probably would

i'm not even sure my high school has one but then again it would also be completely plausible that they'd deliberately not invite me

kelsome
07-17-2014, 03:21 AM
I didn't want to go before the breakup, but probably would have gone just to see a few people I don't normally see, but were in good standing with in high school. Part of me feels like I should just to show I'm not letting him affect me (though he does). It's a pride thing, I guess. However I get the feeling though I will be dateless and sitting in a corner avoiding the whole time. So, pretty pointless.

Cool As Ice Cream
07-17-2014, 03:39 AM

tickets for a reunion? wow. who's organising this?

and how many people are invited? 20? 100? 1,000? is it the whole year, or how does it work?

kelsome
07-17-2014, 10:22 PM
The class president is organizing it. It's just the people in the same year as me. I don't really know how many people were in my class...couple hundred? I think they are only organizing and inviting through Facebook and word of mouth. They're doing it at a piano bar downtown. Dinner and entertainment is what the tickets apparently pay for. It's not how reunions are always done, especially in small towns, but it happens.

ohnoitsbonnie
07-19-2014, 01:18 AM
I don't celebrate my birthday if I don't have to. For my 20th I got drunk with my parents and cried. For my last one (23th) Avram's parents got me an ice cream cake, which was nice

Mooney
07-19-2014, 01:23 AM
Guys.

My 10 year reunion is in September. Ex will probably be there with new girlfriend. Should I go to this.

i would love to go to this as your date/fake boyfriend. we could make up fancy stories for both of us and fuck with people how best you see fit. how far away do you live?

Mooney
07-19-2014, 01:24 AM
For my last one (23th)

holy fuck. i'm pretty sure i remember you being twelve.

ohnoitsbonnie
07-19-2014, 01:25 AM
I was 15 when I started posting back in 2006.

Mooney
07-19-2014, 01:28 AM
maybe i just remember knowing that at one point in your life you were 12. i still know this.

ohnoitsbonnie
07-19-2014, 01:29 AM
It was the blurst of times

Mooney
07-19-2014, 01:32 AM
It was the blest of times

Trotskilicious
07-19-2014, 02:18 AM
you stupid monkey

Mooney
07-19-2014, 11:17 AM
http://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8h2ojqlci1qbb5axo1_500.jpg

kelsome
07-19-2014, 09:24 PM
MOONEY. seriously if I could have a fake date, that would be awesome. I live in Asheville which is probably very far from you.

Also, since when is it ok/good for anyone over the age of 21 to give promise rings? I hate the idea of promise rings. I mean, just wait till you want to propose.

Trotskilicious
07-20-2014, 02:53 AM
asheville sounds nice but i bet it'll get bulldozed by assholes soon enough

yo soy el mejor
07-20-2014, 07:48 AM
is that where billy went?

bye june
07-20-2014, 12:16 PM
I got to spend my 20th birthday in California, It was cool, I surfed.
On my 21st birthday my band put on a house show for a bunch of people.
And on my 22nd birthday I fucking had shingles...GODDAMN SHINGLES!!! It sucked. It hurt really bad but I got to stay home from work for a while and do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgtOfNNYBg8&list=PL50Bp6R26b5vYkdjKWAr3Ov1l5PKdUd6U&index=2
I'll be 23 next Saturday.