07-12-2014, 01:20 AM
margin

Ram27
07-12-2014, 01:22 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/32/MandatoryFun.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Fun#Track_listing

It's pretty excellent.

Inactive and Jackson Park Express are the biggest highlights

(And my fucking god, what a contrast this guy is to WPC)

Poots
07-12-2014, 08:38 AM
He looks great. He should be something like 70 years old now. Looks great, has great hair, seems to be in shape. I dropped my rating system years ago in favor of a simple yes/no and he would be a yes.

reprise85
07-12-2014, 08:54 PM
When I was in the psych hospital PTSD program we had therapeutic recreation that we all called forced fun.

sppunk
07-13-2014, 11:40 AM
He's a genius. An underrated genius.

The Omega Concern
07-17-2014, 09:22 PM
He's a genius. An underrated genius.

Indeed.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w-0TEJMJOhk?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh, by the way, I've cracked the code
I've figured out these shadow organizations
And the Illuminati know
That they're finally primed for world domination

[Pre-Chorus:]
And soon you've got black helicopters comin' cross the border
Puppet masters for the New World Order
Be aware: there's always someone that's watching you
And still the government won't admit they faked the whole moon landing
Thought control rays, psychotronic scanning
Don't mind that, I'm protected cause I made this hat

[Chorus:]
From aluminum foil (foil)...

lol. awesome. Had you asked 20 years ago who in music would bring the biting social commentary at this time, I think Dave Mustaine and Weird Al Yankovic would of been the last two people anyone could possibly conceive.

reprise85
07-17-2014, 09:47 PM
you do realize he is making fun of you right?

reprise85
07-17-2014, 09:48 PM
that one is much better than tacky. actually made me lol.

The Omega Concern
07-18-2014, 12:56 AM
you do realize he is making fun of you right?

and he told you this?

he just outed himself...and gets a message across. Everything he mentions is there to be studied and you can come to your own conclusions.

Trotskilicious
07-18-2014, 01:47 AM
thats fantastic, i love you omega concern

Trotskilicious
07-18-2014, 01:47 AM
seriously you bring so much joy into my heart

reprise85
07-18-2014, 06:27 AM
and he told you this?

The song told me this...

you seriously just took a joke song that is obviously poking fun at conspiracy theorist and took the mention of conspiracy in that context to mean he is really a conspiracy theorist and is hiding it in satire

i mean he picked the most generic conspiracy theories he could possibly have picked and talks about how his tinfoil hat will save him from being probed. how could that possibly be construed as being an endorsement?

Lucky Day Spa
07-18-2014, 07:22 AM
hiding in plain sight, just like the reptilian patton oswalt

Bread Regal
07-18-2014, 10:47 AM
thats fantastic, i love you omega concern
yeah, he's a treasure

The Omega Concern
07-19-2014, 12:32 AM
The song told me this...

you seriously just took a joke song that is obviously poking fun at conspiracy theorist and took the mention of conspiracy in that context to mean he is really a conspiracy theorist and is hiding it in satire

i mean he picked the most generic conspiracy theories he could possibly have picked and talks about how his tinfoil hat will save him from being probed. how could that possibly be construed as being an endorsement?

ok. at least you left it up to interpretation. He didn't pick theories, he picked mostly conspiracies. Psychotronic scanning is not in that generic class however.

This is high art to my view. The simplicity speaks volumes:

He's doing a t.v. show. So long as you sing to the masters tune, they let you live in celebrity and make lots of money. As Starla would like to say, once you break the programming and cross the line, they have to deal with you and cut you off.

beautifully set up by the 1st verse sillyness and frivolity, then changes mode to the most serious of issues, still within the realm of parody, switching back to laughing it off with the tin foil hat. Great stuff.

Trotskilicious
07-19-2014, 01:16 AM
yeah starla was really offended when i implied that she really agreed with anything you had to say but she told me that when we were talking about curing cancer with wheat grass or something

The Omega Concern
07-21-2014, 10:09 PM
Starla doesn't like my views on the 'gay mafia'. She put me on ignore for awhile and she had every right, but I thought it was excessive. Mainly cuz I'm not wrong about it. Like any other political community there's a certain sub-set in the activist crowd that are just freaks.

The Omega Concern
07-21-2014, 10:22 PM
btw, Weird Al is a big supporter of the LGBT crowd.

also, he foreshadows the 2nd verse in the 1st at the :33 mark of this video with the line "I don't care/ I got a secret trick up my sleeve

In between those lines there's a quick edit to Oswald who looks a bit concerned for the moment which foreshadows his demeanor in the entire 2nd verse. The initial trick being Aluminum Foil to store the food is the double entendre as the trick is him shifting modes to the Illuminati lines.

I'd guess his creative spark for this started with a Foil hat thought which lead to his 'cracked the code' 2nd verse which he likely wrote first. The Food stuff is filler and the foreshadowing from :33 to :36 explains the real secret trick he had up his sleeve.

soniclovenoize
07-21-2014, 10:34 PM
tl;dr

Wow I only recognize like half the songs he's even parodying. Who the fuck is Lord? What is Imagine Dragons?

redbreegull
07-21-2014, 10:50 PM
he foreshadows the 2nd verse in the 1st at the :33 mark of this video with the line "I don't care/ I got a secret trick up my sleeve

In between those lines there's a quick edit to Oswald who looks a bit concerned for the moment which foreshadows his demeanor in the entire 2nd verse. The initial trick being Aluminum Foil to store the food is the double entendre as the trick is him shifting modes to the Illuminati lines.

I'd guess his creative spark for this started with a Foil hat thought which lead to his 'cracked the code' 2nd verse which he likely wrote first. The Food stuff is filler and the foreshadowing from :33 to :36 explains the real secret trick he had up his sleeve.

what the fuck

Shallowed
07-21-2014, 10:56 PM
TOC, you've excelled yourself

noyen
07-22-2014, 01:02 AM
Was into it until Amanda cuntrag palmer showed up. Now I've no interest. Still love him but not supporting him on this album regardless of how good some of it is. Wont be buying it. Won't touch anything that has that useless slags name anywhere near an album.

noyen
07-22-2014, 01:03 AM
btw, Weird Al is a big supporter of the LGBT crowd.

also, he foreshadows the 2nd verse in the 1st at the :33 mark of this video with the line "I don't care/ I got a secret trick up my sleeve

What's your problem with queer people?

Trotskilicious
07-22-2014, 01:32 AM
they are satans plot to turn everyone gay so the human race dies out

Eulogy
07-22-2014, 07:06 AM
tl;dr

Wow I only recognize like half the songs he's even parodying. Who the fuck is Lord? What is Imagine Dragons?

Oh come on.

smashingjj
07-22-2014, 07:49 AM
uh are those well known? i have no idea either

Eulogy
07-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Here, at least. Imagine Dragons is really really bad but pretty fucking ubiquitous. I don't listen to radio or anything and couldn't escape that fucking song for a while.

And Lorde was a pretty big deal over the past year? Right?

redbreegull
07-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Here, at least. Imagine Dragons is really really bad but pretty fucking ubiquitous. I don't listen to radio or anything and couldn't escape that fucking song for a while.

anyone who doesn't know who lorde is might be living under a rock

smashingjj
07-22-2014, 12:48 PM
ah. Living under a rock here.

smashingjj
07-22-2014, 12:51 PM
Nah i've heard of Lorde (with the E) and of Imagine Dragons I think, but i have no clue how their music sounds.

soniclovenoize
07-22-2014, 02:11 PM
margin

soniclovenoize
07-22-2014, 02:12 PM

Once again Netpho doesn't disappoint with a lack of perceiving facetiousness.

I have honestly heard of both those artist, but never heard them. Based on what I've read about them or what people have said, it's nothing that would interest me anyways.

I'm really sorry I don't give a fuck about flavors of the month. I like the color of this rock's underside fine.

redbreegull
07-22-2014, 03:54 PM
I couldn't give less of a fuck about those artists but I'm not sure how you could avoid being exposed to them if you like go out in public places and spend time with other humans.

actually lorde is pretty ok for a top 40 artist, it's a bit surprising to me that her and lana del ray (sp?) and other "downbeat pop" type acts have gotten a foothold in a world of rihannas

soniclovenoize
07-22-2014, 04:51 PM
I couldn't give less of a fuck about those artists but I'm not sure how you could avoid being exposed to them if you like go out in public places and spend time with other humans.
Oh is this something you'd hear at Walmart or Hot Topic or something?

Haven't been to either places in a while.

soniclovenoize
07-22-2014, 05:10 PM
I mean let me spell it out for you. Today my schedule is

- Work - I'm self employed and work at home, so I listened to Vanilla Fudge and Tom Waits in the morning.
- Then I had dentist appointment, but on the way there I listened to The Beach Boys on my antiquated CD player because I forgot my mp3 player.
- At the dentist office, they were playing classic rock as they drilled my teeth. I remember hearing "On The Darkside" and "Jack and Dianne" before it was tuned out by the sound of a fucking drill to my tooth.
- I stopped at a coffee shop on the way home. They did not play any music in the background.
_ But what I really wanted is a smoothie, not a coffee, so I quickly went next door to a Cafe to see if they had a smoothie. They did not because it wasn't like a Coffee House Cafe, but like a Diner Cafe. They played no music there either.
- I went home, worked and listened to more Tom Waits.

After dinner I'll have to
- take my son to karate. No music played there, just "Hi-yaaaah!"
- while he's at karate, I'll probably take my daughter down the street to Panera Bread for a smoothie. I don't believe they play music there. if so I've never noticed it.
- might have to go to Cub Foods for this week's groceries. They also do not play music there, and if they do I've never noticed it.

Tomorrow I might have to
- work some more, in which I will continue to listen to whatever I feel like at the moment
- take my daughter to soccer practice, in which they'll probably request to listen to They might Be Giants or the new Polyphonic Spree album on the way there, and so I'll listen to that.
- at soccer practice, there will be no music playing. Just the sounds of other kids playing at a park, my son complaining that the park isn't fun and that he'd rather play on my phone.

So far, unless I'm mistaken, doesn't seem to be much opportunity to hear Lorde or Imagine Dragons. I could continue with my week if you want and continue to chronicle the muzak I tune out?

reprise85
07-22-2014, 05:48 PM
I was thinking that song counting stars was imagine dragons but now that I spotified it I see it is one republic.

The top 2 ID songs sound vaguely familiar but I can't tell if that is because of how generic they are or if I've actually heard them.

Shallowed
07-22-2014, 05:56 PM
Imagine Dragons is a pop-rock band whose songs are all I-V-VI-IV chord progressions, with flavours of brostep bass drops and U2 atmospherics.

Lucky Day Spa
07-22-2014, 05:57 PM
remember lordi?

Lucky Day Spa
07-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Lordi, anyone?

Lucky Day Spa
07-22-2014, 05:58 PM
now waiting for lorda, lordo and lordu

Rider
07-22-2014, 06:14 PM
Imagine Dragons is a pop-rock band whose songs are all I-V-VI-IV chord progressions, with flavours of brostep bass drops and U2 atmospherics.

It's easier to just say Coldplay.

Eulogy
07-22-2014, 06:36 PM
I mean let me spell it out for you. Today my schedule is

- Work - I'm self employed and work at home, so I listened to Vanilla Fudge and Tom Waits in the morning.
- Then I had dentist appointment, but on the way there I listened to The Beach Boys on my antiquated CD player because I forgot my mp3 player.
- At the dentist office, they were playing classic rock as they drilled my teeth. I remember hearing "On The Darkside" and "Jack and Dianne" before it was tuned out by the sound of a fucking drill to my tooth.
- I stopped at a coffee shop on the way home. They did not play any music in the background.
_ But what I really wanted is a smoothie, not a coffee, so I quickly went next door to a Cafe to see if they had a smoothie. They did not because it wasn't like a Coffee House Cafe, but like a Diner Cafe. They played no music there either.
- I went home, worked and listened to more Tom Waits.

After dinner I'll have to
- take my son to karate. No music played there, just "Hi-yaaaah!"
- while he's at karate, I'll probably take my daughter down the street to Panera Bread for a smoothie. I don't believe they play music there. if so I've never noticed it.
- might have to go to Cub Foods for this week's groceries. They also do not play music there, and if they do I've never noticed it.

Tomorrow I might have to
- work some more, in which I will continue to listen to whatever I feel like at the moment
- take my daughter to soccer practice, in which they'll probably request to listen to They might Be Giants or the new Polyphonic Spree album on the way there, and so I'll listen to that.
- at soccer practice, there will be no music playing. Just the sounds of other kids playing at a park, my son complaining that the park isn't fun and that he'd rather play on my phone.

So far, unless I'm mistaken, doesn't seem to be much opportunity to hear Lorde or Imagine Dragons. I could continue with my week if you want and continue to chronicle the muzak I tune out?

So you weren't being facetious then or

noyen
07-22-2014, 06:41 PM
imagine dragons are a crap band from Utah county, home of the used, that changed their hometown to las vegas and are probably Mormon like the killers. I don't know anyone has ever heard them to be honest. Lorde is great though for being a newish teen Disney pop icon. She's angsty and apparently ugly by industry standards but honestly weird al covering marginally popular if not polarizingly bad songs is disappointing. his greatness has come from covering songs that reached a saturation to the point the originals were hated. I don't think lorde or imagine dragons will ring many bells as to being familiar. It will be familiar to a whole different demographic of fan. hence the Amanda Palmer inclusion I guess. I hate her and her fans and anything to do with her by association.

soniclovenoize
07-22-2014, 06:49 PM
So you weren't being facetious then or

Well I did say Lord instead of Lorde, an Imagine Dragons, then I mentioned I knew of both artists although I hadn't heard them.

So I guess it's whatever you want it to be man, I don't care.

Rider
07-22-2014, 06:59 PM
imagine dragons are a crap band from Utah county, home of the used, that changed their hometown to las vegas and are probably Mormon like the killers. I don't know anyone has ever heard them to be honest. Lorde is great though for being a newish teen Disney pop icon. She's angsty and apparently ugly by industry standards but honestly weird al covering marginally popular if not polarizingly bad songs is disappointing. his greatness has come from covering songs that reached a saturation to the point the originals were hated. I don't think lorde or imagine dragons will ring many bells as to being familiar. It will be familiar to a whole different demographic of fan. hence the Amanda Palmer inclusion I guess. I hate her and her fans and anything to do with her by association.

Imagine Dragons have been used in a shocking number of TV spots over the past year. Even people who think they have not heard them have heard them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=imagine+dragons+songs+in+commercials&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS566US566&oq=imagine+dragons+songs+used+in+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.9656j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=imagine+dragons+songs+in+commercials&tbm=vid

MusicMan4
07-22-2014, 07:00 PM
songs that reached a saturation to the point the originals were hated. I don't think lorde or imagine dragons will ring many bells as to being familiar. It will be familiar to a whole different demographic of fan.

it is not possible for a song to reach a higher level of saturation than royals
maybe a lot of us (not me of course) are just too old to really be tuned in to the cultural zeitgeist

MusicMan4
07-22-2014, 07:02 PM
i am not at all conscious of any imagine dragons songs though

i mean most of this stuff i can't believe anyone would not have heard
i never leave the house or listen to music radio but i still have somehow heard happy, fancy, royals, and blurred lines enough that they will still be in my head in 50 years if I never hear them again

not that i'll be alive in 50 years

MusicMan4
07-22-2014, 07:03 PM
although i guess most of my listens to fancy and royals were deliberately sought out
i mean i check to see what songs are number one a lot on the charts
i like to see what's doing

MusicMan4
07-22-2014, 07:03 PM
i want to be "with it" like all the kids are

Rider
07-22-2014, 07:06 PM
Oh and Radioactive holds the record for longest time on the Hot 100 singles chart ever.

It's basically the archetype of a song Weird Al should do.

Rider
07-22-2014, 07:09 PM
Commercial performance[edit]
Radioactive debuted at 96 on the Billboard Hot 100 after the release of Night Visions in September 2012 and remained at the lower ends of the chart for some time. In April 2013, the song made its top ten debut at number 7,[23] besting the number 15 position set by previous single "It's Time". In mid June, the song reached number four, breaking the record for the slowest ascension to the top five, besting the previous holder Florida Georgia Line's song "Cruise", which broke the record just three weeks earlier.[24] Two weeks later, the song reached its peak at number three.[25] The song has been certified 6x platinum by the RIAA. The song currently holds the record for the longest reign atop the Billboard Hot Rock Songs chart, with 23 weeks.[26] It also holds the record for the longest reign atop the Billboard Rock Airplay chart, with 24 weeks.[9][27]

The song is also the best-selling rock song in US digital history. It was the No. 2 Song of the Summer according to Billboard and spent 87 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, breaking the all-time chart longevity record, previously held by Jason Mraz's 2008 single "I'm Yours".[28] It has sold more copies in a calendar year than any other song by a rock act in digital history.[29] It was the third best selling song of 2013 with sales of 5,496,000 for the year.[5] The single reached over 7 million digital copies in sales in the United States by May 2014, and became the ninth-best-selling download in the history of SoundScan and the best-selling rock song of all time in the United States.[30]

The song has reached number one in Sweden and in the top twenty of several countries such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand as well as several parts of Europe. In the UK, the song debuted at 35 thanks to strong downloads from the Hear Me EP in November. After the release of Night Visions in April, the song peaked at number 12, becoming their highest charting single there.

The song is huge, we are just getting old.

Eulogy
07-22-2014, 07:15 PM
That says something very sad about the state of popular rock music. Fuuuuck. That song is so bad.

Lucky Day Spa
07-22-2014, 07:16 PM
i've heard royals because lorde is a new zealander so, like anything kiwi that gets the american popularity seal of approval, her music gets played everywhere

i only heard happy because my mum told me it was the most catchy song she'd ever heard and played it for me the last time i visited her

i haven't heard fancy, blurred lines, or anything by imagine dragons. it's really easy to just miss things entirely

Lucky Day Spa
07-22-2014, 07:16 PM
i think what happens is you get to the point where your preferences are sufficiently well-established and there's too much new music to listen to just by following artists you already like. once that point is reached, following the charts becomes a negative sum game. why buy a lottery ticket when you've already got piles of cash showing up every day?

Rider
07-22-2014, 07:19 PM
The next paragraph in the article is even sadder. The song has been used for everything, video games, tv shows, movies, sports, press conferences,.... really there has been no avoiding this song.

"Radioactive" was used heavily in promotion for the video game Assassin's Creed III[37] and the 2013 film The Host,[38] and is included on the soundtracks for the video games MLB 13: The Show and NBA 2K14.

In addition to being featured in commercials for 2013 premiere shows on the History channel, the song has been used in various promos: Chicago Fire, Run For Your Lives,[39] the European Outdoor Film Tour,[40] Defiance (as well as its tie-in video game), and Graceland. The song was also featured in the commercial for Powerbeats by Dr. Dre and starring Lebron James. In the series Arrow, "Radioactive" was also used during episode 22 of season 1.

It was used as the theme song for the Combat Zone Wrestling event Gge of Death XIV, TNA Wrestling PPV Slammiversary XI and for the 2013 television series Inside Combat Rescue on the National Geographic Channel. The song was also used by Sony for starting their E3 2013 press conference. The song was played during the end credits of the True Blood season 6 finale of the same name, as well as the HBO Go commercial that immediately preceded the episode. The song was used in a hype video for a Korean League of Legends tournament hosted by Ongamenet, to introduce the two final teams for their 2013-2014 winter season.

The song has served as St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Matt Holliday's walk up song during the 2013 season.[41] It is also commonly played during warm ups at New England Revolution games. ESPN used the song to promote the October 14, 2013 Monday Night Football game between the Indianapolis Colts and San Diego Chargers. Additionally this song was used for NBA2K14.

The song was also used as the theme for the arrival of the damned on Earth in the TV series The 100.

Eulogy
07-22-2014, 07:20 PM
It's still inescapable if you watch tv here though. Imagine Dragons all over sports broadcasts. Ahhhh

Eulogy
07-22-2014, 07:22 PM
I like Royals just fine. Infectious, somehow.

noyen
07-22-2014, 07:22 PM
Imagine Dragons have been used in a shocking number of TV spots over the past year. Even people who think they have not heard them have heard them.

https://www.google.com/search?q=imagine+dragons+songs+in+commercials&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS566US566&oq=imagine+dragons+songs+used+in+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l5.9656j0j4&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8#q=imagine+dragons+songs+in+commercials&tbm=vid

still haven't heard em. just their name.

Rider
07-22-2014, 07:26 PM
still haven't heard em. just their name.

Sorry love you man but don't buy it for a second. It might not have registered but yes you have heard the song.

noyen
07-22-2014, 07:26 PM
it is not possible for a song to reach a higher level of saturation than royals
maybe a lot of us (not me of course) are just too old to really be tuned in to the cultural zeitgeist

i've only heard royals twice, and i seeked out listening to it. i guess i watch less tv with commercials and no radio at all. i've seen her name all over, yeah. but it's the same to me as a lot of other "massive worldwide hit singles" i've never heard by artists names i'm very familiar with. i do know that i am old and am not exposed to or have the means to enjoy all the bombardment and advertising. i am totally tuned out of the cultural zeitgeist now. the fact that there are so many "popular" people with millions, hundreds of thousands, thousands of followers or supports just proves (to me) that it's all facade shit and people telling me x and x is popular i should hear it makes me tune out their opinions even more. if everyone is so susceptible to it why has everyone heard lorde and imagine dragons but no one has ever heard the original version of the la's "there she goes"?

noyen
07-22-2014, 07:27 PM
Sorry love you man but don't buy it for a second. It might not have registered but yes you have heard the song.

i have not heard it. i live in a state where they play it on the news. i don't watch the news. why the hell would i lie about not having heard it. i haven't heard it. i've heard it now because of this thread, but i have not heard it prior ever. i also own an xbox. unless it was in the GTA 5 soundtrack i havent heard it.

Lucky Day Spa
07-22-2014, 07:32 PM
huh. 205 million views (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktvTqknDobU). impressively forgettable

Lucky Day Spa
07-22-2014, 07:32 PM
and no i hadn't heard it before

Rider
07-22-2014, 07:33 PM
i have not heard it. i live in a state where they play it on the news. i don't watch the news. why the hell would i lie about not having heard it. i haven't heard it. i've heard it now because of this thread, but i have not heard it prior ever. i also own an xbox. unless it was in the GTA 5 soundtrack i havent heard it.

Because unless you have not been around a TV or Radio and when outdoors walk with noise canceling headphones on I don't see how anyone could realistically not here what has to be the most licensed since Moby started the trend 15 years ago. The song is unavoidable.

Lucky Day Spa
07-22-2014, 07:36 PM
no one has ever heard the original version of the la's "there she goes"?

that song was huge but now all i can remember is the sixpence none the richer cover

fuck

noyen
07-22-2014, 07:38 PM
Because unless you have not been around a TV or Radio and when outdoors walk with noise canceling headphones on I don't see how anyone could realistically not here what has to be the most licensed since Moby started the trend 15 years ago. The song is unavoidable.

i use a tv every day. i do not listen to radio. i've never heard it. i've heard this pounded into my head more than i've heard it, which has been once now, 5 minutes ago. you know, there are people who haven't seen the goonies. or star wars. or ghostbusters too. everything is avoidable. i don't go to malls. i think it's more likely i get struck by lightening than be exposed to a song i've never heard before. there is nothing to impress by me saying i haven't heard it. the reaction i'm getting to having not having ever heard it is making me quite happy actually. i'm happy you've heard it and can't avoid. i'm very happy i have not and have not suffered through hearing it so much that is unavoidable to people. again, i don't watch tv. i watch movies. unless it was in a movie soundtrack of a movie i've seen and completely ignored it because it is entirely forgettable with NO HOOK. :) i ain't even trying to argue. i heard heard of countless artists/musicians before i have actually ever heard a song by them. i think this is more the norm.

noyen
07-22-2014, 07:40 PM
that song was huge but now all i can remember is the sixpence none the richer cover

fuck

and it was good too.. that guys voice was awesome. but it's perpetually associated to someone else. i guess this is a different discussion but you know it's like getting into an argument with someone about who does the song at the end of fight club. when the internet was getting going with filesharing someone mislabeled "where is my mind" as being by placebo and not the pixies. of course a decade later placebo does cover it but there are still people that thought and maybe even still think placebo does "where is my mind".. yet they also know who the pixies are because of course everyone knows who the pixies are! our world culture is uneducated and prone to spoon feeding, it's just the way it is. marketing people and typos, miscredits have gotten the better of everyone.

noyen
07-22-2014, 07:48 PM
i am not at all conscious of any imagine dragons songs though

i mean most of this stuff i can't believe anyone would not have heard
i never leave the house or listen to music radio but i still have somehow heard happy, fancy, royals, and blurred lines enough that they will still be in my head in 50 years if I never hear them again

not that i'll be alive in 50 years

i have been exposed to happy, blurred lines and every awful daft punk song. pharrel is the new antichrist. i fucking hate that guy. i used to even sort of like n.e.r.d. and gosh i miss missy elliot in her heyday. even timbaland and his awful production is kind of missed. dr. dre has all but disappeared too like i want my chronic level of production back.

MusicMan4
07-22-2014, 07:57 PM
The first n.e.r.d. album is still good
I like a lot of neptunes stuff still
But yeah Pharrel has basically been a vomit for years
Once it became all about him and not "the Neptunes" it has all just been insanely annoying

MusicMan4
07-22-2014, 07:59 PM
Somehow I didn't know that Sixpence None the Richer had a hit with that
I would only know of the La's version
Sixpence was big when I was in high school so I don't know how I would have missed it

MusicMan4
07-22-2014, 08:03 PM
It probably helped knowing The La's to have been the right age to be a big fan of So I Married An Axe Murderer

noyen
07-22-2014, 08:05 PM
it could've been a regional problem. i lived on the east coast in virginia when i heard the la's (i still have that cassette, a lot of good songs) but then the original was in movies like so i married an axe murderer alongside a cover by the boo radleys and then after that i'd only hear the sixpence version and hardly ever the la's or boo radleys cover ever again. i really liked that la's album a lot it still sounds good.

noyen
07-22-2014, 08:06 PM
It probably helped knowing The La's to have been the right age to be a big fan of So I Married An Axe Murderer

i think that helped.. that movie ruled. i dont know why it's listed as a "cult" movie when almost everyone gets the jokes from it and i still think it's hilarious. the soundtrack for that movie was more popular than the movie i guess. like ned's atomic dustbin did well with their saturday night cover from that movie too.

Lucky Day Spa
07-22-2014, 08:08 PM
pharrel is the new antichrist. i fucking hate that guy.
hahahahahaha

Mayfuck
07-22-2014, 09:45 PM
stop

redbreegull
07-22-2014, 11:06 PM
the oversaturation of the Imagine Dragons song is to the point where I couldn't even have told you what artist it was until this thread, it's just like in the fucking air man. I walk down the street and the clouds and trees are projecting that song.

Royals was also huge but I think there was a more hype generated about the artistry and the artist herself, whereas the Imagine Dragons song is just so fucking horrible and generic it can be a theme song to anything.

noyen
07-22-2014, 11:43 PM
stop

say it to my face, coward. your negative rep really hurts. mortally wounded. stop breathing.

Bread Regal
07-22-2014, 11:50 PM
i heard the name imagine dragons and only today i learned they do all the top 40 songs that i just loathe.

Bread Regal
07-23-2014, 12:03 AM
even back when N.E.R.D. was on the radio, i hated pharrell. he has a special touch to create music that foments a hatred deep within me. and this past summer, with those three songs playing everywhere all the time. they made me want to stab my own dick.

perhaps some of the people in this thread never walk into business establishments which play music. that differs from my experience where it seems like no matter which gas station, or supermarket or drug store or head shop i walk into, the radio's on, playing one of the twelve songs on Clear Channel's 15-24 demographic playlist.

Bread Regal
07-23-2014, 12:04 AM
it makes life barely bearable.

noyen
07-23-2014, 12:08 AM
stop making these posts. this isn't 2014 and you aren't on tumblr trolling a new crowd.

Bread Regal
07-23-2014, 12:10 AM
guys,

Trotskilicious
07-23-2014, 12:11 AM
The first n.e.r.d. album is still good
I like a lot of neptunes stuff still
But yeah Pharrel has basically been a vomit for years
Once it became all about him and not "the Neptunes" it has all just been insanely annoying

this

lord willin is a fuckin classick

Trotskilicious
07-23-2014, 12:16 AM
but let me also say that i don't ever remember hearing that imagine dragons song. it's one of those new hipster bands that don't do any hooks.

my friend does stage management for SXSW and 2 year ago imagine dragons was one of the bands that played her venue. *hipster glasses* this is of course before they blew up. andyways she said they were horrible, i thought the band name was dumb so when they blew up i was like "this can't be good"

it's even on my basketball game with the smash hits of 2013 like get lucky and blurred lines and i still don't remember it.

what a truly worthless song, reminds me of cage the elephant or foster the people where you're like that was really bland and kind of beige and utterly forgettable

Trotskilicious
07-23-2014, 12:17 AM
happy is like the anthem of every blinkered positive thinking idiot in the universe, and for that reason i hate it with the kind of fiery passion i bring to the table re: picky eaters