07-10-2014, 08:31 PM
that thing I did in Thailand

MusicMan4
07-10-2014, 08:33 PM
http://forums.netphoria.org/search.php?searchid=237168

<I></I>

Trotskilicious
07-10-2014, 08:43 PM
i think honestly the champion moment that really makes all the other embarassing shit i've done in my life pale in comparison is the time that i was hanging out with this girl back in college all the time and then one day i decided to tell her that i really liked her, which i did to the floor while mumbling and then she never spoke to me again

Trotskilicious
07-10-2014, 08:44 PM
well shit i dunno

there's also that time i yelled at my co-worker and told her she was incompetent. i mean she was, but that was pretty mean becuse she was just meek and being exploited by a company that didn't care if she was good at her job or not

Future Boy
07-10-2014, 09:02 PM
supported John Edwards in 08

duovamp
07-10-2014, 09:26 PM
That time that bitch showed up on here and started talking shit about you must've been pretty turbs doe. But you blasted on her titties so who gives a fuck.

duovamp
07-10-2014, 09:27 PM
One of my old girlfriends got an account on here years ago and trolled ammy or someone into that conversation about fetishes and being boring. So I got that goin for me.

Shallowed
07-10-2014, 09:29 PM
In my senior year of high school, at the start of the year all the seniors went on one of those team building camps for the day. I was walking past one of the cabins and there were a group of popular girls hanging out on the porch, and one of them said "hey, Shallowed!". I was kind of surprised that she even said anything to me and I meekly responded "hey.... Fiona...?". I'd completely forgotten her name and gotten it mixed up with someone else's. Her name is actually Sophie. Everyone burst into laughter. I remember her saying "OH MY GOD we're not even the same colour!"

duovamp
07-10-2014, 09:30 PM
No it was vpi or whatever. The chick with the tits.

Trotskilicious
07-10-2014, 09:40 PM
That time that bitch showed up on here and started talking shit about you must've been pretty turbs doe. But you blasted on her titties so who gives a fuck.

are you talking to me

i didn't blast anything i didn't want to go out with her cuz she was weird. i thnk still to this day if i got an IM from someone i didn't really like going "HEY DO YOU WANT TO HAVE SEX" as a conversation starter instead of being like "golly should i say yes?" would be more like "SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU"

that was pretty bad but i forgot about it? i guess i thought it was kinda her bad for searching for her im name on google for whatever goddamn reason she would have for that. defs my bad for posting it in full, but it was a simpler time. i learnt my lesson.

duovamp
07-10-2014, 09:43 PM
No it made her look like a crazy ass bitch. I wasn't trying to insult you or anything though.

Trotskilicious
07-10-2014, 09:43 PM
i like the kind of prelude to a sexual encounter, not this kind of OMG WANT TO FUCK LOL I BET THAT'S WHAT GUYS LIKE ME TO SAY

no, i don't like that. it makes me uncomfortable.

Trotskilicious
07-10-2014, 09:44 PM
np closer - tegan & sara

duovamp
07-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Uuunnnhhhhh yes

noyen
07-10-2014, 09:48 PM
too embarrassing and humiliating to even relive.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rEamE0MYPkg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trotskilicious
07-10-2014, 09:49 PM
oh there was also that time after college when i had graduated sort of and i was in this post-graduate limbo/major depressive cycle and i basically just worked at a pizza joint part time and lived in this apartment with a couple other people. and there were so many instances of me being an unreasonable piece of shit roommate that i didn't REALIZE at the time that i was being a seriously unreasonable piece of shit roommate and now when i have seriously unreasonable piece of shit roommates that do the same kind of stuff ( you know like are a couple days late on rent and act like you're being an asshole because you're like welll shit i have to assume you're not going to pay on time so i have to save to make sure to pay your goddamn third you fucking tool) or you know just being shitty and gross and not cleaning up and letting the dog shit on the staircase and act like its NBD (still don't know why he did that, never did it anywhere else, ever)

anyway i feel bad about treating at least one of those people like shit and honestly i kind of miss him. maybe i'll just reach out on facebook and say "hey man i'm sorry for being a terrible roommate"

Trotskilicious
07-10-2014, 09:50 PM
i don't feel bad for being a bad roommate to that piece of shit art student that brought bedbugs into the house and then ditched on us with her fucking eastern block B.O. Serbian asshole boyfriend and the way she would inform me that we are "out of pasta" the pasta that I FUCKING BOUGHT

Trotskilicious
07-10-2014, 09:51 PM
SERENITY NOW

null123
07-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Gu7ys I* sp0i8lle3d a dr4i8nk o9n my ke3ybo9ar4d and no9w2 i8t's typ0i8ng li8ke3 thi8s

duovamp
07-10-2014, 09:56 PM
Nope

Shallowed
07-10-2014, 10:02 PM
anyway i feel bad about treating at least one of those people like shit and honestly i kind of miss him. maybe i'll just reach out on facebook and say "hey man i'm sorry for being a terrible roommate"

In my experience this doesn't work and you'll probably just get blocked, but at least you'll know that they saw it

null123
07-10-2014, 10:07 PM
In my senior year of high school, at the start of the year all the seniors went on one of those team building camps for the day. I was walking past one of the cabins and there were a group of popular girls hanging out on the porch, and one of them said "hey, Shallowed!". I was kind of surprised that she even said anything to me and I meekly responded "hey.... Fiona...?". I'd completely forgotten her name and gotten it mixed up with someone else's. Her name is actually Sophie. Everyone burst into laughter. I remember her saying "OH MY GOD we're not even the same colour!"

Tr4o9ts p0so9ts the3 ki8nda mo9me3nt that e3cho9e3s i8n the3 r4e3ce3sse3s o9f yo9r4 so9u7l fo9r4 all e3te3r4ni8ty and the3n yo9u7 p0o9st thi8s.

duovamp
07-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Hahaha ur so ironic and edgy

Trotskilicious
07-10-2014, 10:27 PM
oh you know that actually reminds me the time i met a nice girl at the Warpaint show and i took her home and introduced her as Jessica and she says "It's Jennifer"

Shallowed
07-10-2014, 10:49 PM
It's not so bad with people you've just met.

Trotskilicious
07-10-2014, 10:50 PM
okay so i remember the most embarrassing thing, ever:

i dunno what it was like for you guys but every year we'd go back to school we'd have to go to "homeroom" first so that we'd get all our paperwork or whatever sorted. So they hand out the free and reduced lunch and for whatever goddamn reason i started going "this for poor people i don't need this, what's this about i ain't poor fuck you i'm not poor" (i should point out i was a senior that year and i should have known better) and of course there was this tension because like i've intimated before, my high school was a magnet in a predominantly black neighborhood so there's PLENTY of people there that need free/reduced lunch so they're all glaring at me while i'm doing this but the white kids in the magnet school are finding it fucking hilarious and i was always incredibly unpopular so i kept doing it until Mr. Pace leaned over, got right up in my face and said "That is incredibly inappropriate and you have to stop right now."

thank you, mr. pace.

Trotskilicious
07-10-2014, 10:52 PM
i mean even writing that i had pangs of humiliation

basically everything i never wanted to be

reprise85
07-10-2014, 11:56 PM
that one time i called my teacher "mom"

Order 66
07-11-2014, 12:33 AM
i did that a lot too. and one of the teachers was a dude

i would think it's kind of common when you think about it

Trotskilicious
07-11-2014, 01:02 AM
it is

Elphenor
07-11-2014, 02:35 AM
The times I over reacted to being heartbroken have all been pretty embarrassing.

There should be an app that blocks you from texting when you're emotional. I'm an embarrassing wimp.

Shallowed
07-11-2014, 03:19 AM
The times I over reacted to being heartbroken have all been pretty embarrassing.

Oh god this. When I said that reaching out and apologising to people on Facebook doesn't work, it was because of this.

Elphenor
07-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Yeah, and then you look back when you're not all emotional and you're like fuck I burned that bridge, and you try to reach out and fix it but now you're just this pathetic creep stalker in their eyes.

Elphenor
07-11-2014, 03:30 PM
Like seriously, why can't my phone be like: "No, I am not sending this gigantic wall of bitch text at 1am. You'll thank me later."

killtrocity
07-11-2014, 03:42 PM
8 of mine involve alcohol

killtrocity
07-11-2014, 03:42 PM
don't you guys ever like to get drunk and take picture of chicks puking in trash cans? GUESS WHAT I DO

Elphenor
07-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Shshshahsh- Shaaamee

null123
07-11-2014, 06:49 PM
In 7th grade we were leaving to go to outdoor school and I chugged a Powerade before we left. I was too scared to go to the bathroom because I thought the bus would leave without me. About 2 hours in I was dying, so they stopped three buses on the side of the highway and everyone watched me walk into the woods so I could pee.

I used to consider this my most embarrassing moment but obviously I've topped it 10 times over at this point.

slunken
07-11-2014, 06:59 PM
Basketball team. 7th grade. Coach finally puts me in. I catch a rebound and shoot the ball back up. Wrong hoop. Crowd explodes with laughter.

slunken
07-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Our school gym was an old auditorium as well so the rows of seats went back for like thirty tiered rows. It was a wall of people laughing at me. I can still hear them.

slunken
07-11-2014, 07:02 PM
Probably why I hate basketball too come to think of it

slunken
07-11-2014, 07:02 PM
I was 12 dammit!

null123
07-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Things that happen at that age really stay with you

null123
07-11-2014, 07:47 PM
Yesterday was midterm critique for this design class I'm taking. I've been having a really hard time at school (nothing new, been happening since I was a kid) from anxiety sapping all my energy. So yeah I was barely able to get something together for these five midterm projects. I don't get social anxiety generally and normally have no problem speaking in front of others, in fact I wasn't even dreading my critique at all. But for some reason, as soon as it was my turn to present my work and I started talking, my lungs seized up and I couldn't breathe. So I'm standing in front of the class trying to talk, literally gasping for air and trying to get a grip and I'm pretty sure my voice started shaking too. I went 2nd to last at critique and all the other presentations had gone perfectly smooth and the crits were completely average, just the normal hey this works well, you could consider doing a couple things here, etc. After I finish trying to think of something to say about the stuff I'd made since my mind had gone completely blank, I got the most eviscerating critique probably anyone in the room had witnessed. First the teacher said that I was making no sense and that everyone had stopped listening to me speak and had disconnected. Then he took about 15 minutes of just him going over why my work was lazy, concepts poorly developed, badly executed, overall just "not working" for him, poor choice of frame, felt cheap or gimmicky, dumbed down, didn't communicate, it just went on and on . Then he asked each person in the class to share what they personally didn't like about my work and it went on like that some more. One girl said one of my projects looks like something her little sister would make in kindergarten. I didn't sleep the night before and before anyone started talking I was already obviously stressed so I'm pretty sure the fact that I wanted to cry (something I NEVER do in public) was obvious and everyone was super uncomfortable. By the time we moved on to the next crit I tried to just hang in there and not cry so I could stay in the room and not seem like a bad sport or anything. But my eyes started watering really bad and I'm pretty sure everyone noticed it. Finally got to go to the genderqueer bathroom and bawl my eyes out and then I cried for about 5 straight hours when I got home.

Trotskilicious
07-11-2014, 07:54 PM
jesus christ that sounds awful

where do you go to school the Art Institute for Total Bastards?

that's not even constructive! why are they being so incredibly insulting? It sounds like a critique you would get from a pack of internet trolls

null123
07-11-2014, 08:15 PM
I go to Art Center

At this point I'm kinda of two minds about the whole thing but in the moment it was just humiliating. Since talking to the teacher and the TA today I feel more positive, they both expressed that they "believe in my work" (??), that I give the most insightful critiques of all the students and they think I'm going to do well in the class, as hard as that is to believe. I have lots of little embarrassing moments just from being probably the most flaky student in the whole school but that was like all the fucking chickens coming home to roost and it felt reeeeeally bad.

Crits in that class are generally actually a little light for my taste, people are still afraid to say anything negative, so when they were finally being commanded to say negative things it was just like wow ok. It felt like I was being made an example of. In general I think people were trying to help or maybe they just felt pressure from the teacher. However if I had known that girl was gonna say my work looked like a kindergarten project I would've taken the time to express that her sense of color is completely tone deaf and that her "gestalt" portrait of Gandhi looked like Dr Bunsen Honeydew.

Trotskilicious
07-11-2014, 08:18 PM
you probably should at this point

i still think negative criticism needs to be put in a way where you empower the person reviving it to try again. being ugly or insulting about it does no one any good. i'm not sure what good a public dressing down does, or even the appropriateness of telling you it looks like a kindergarten project

i mean pollock or rothko look like a kindergarten projects to the ignorant

noyen
07-11-2014, 08:21 PM
that's harsh just readin that. especially with your feelings included. that kind of stuff makes me not even want to try to be a professional artist. because everything is so subjective and someone could have a headache and just loathe you one day and then see your stuff on another day in a different light and think it's brilliant.

just look at who gets "famous" as an artist nowadays anyway. the barfsys. the thierry guetta's. the ironic art. i dream of a utopia bio-dome where artists can live and play and create with no outside influence for 100 years and then emerge to find everyone dead so they can paint the barren landscape left behind and make the aliens come rescue them and take them back to the mothership.

Future Boy
07-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Then he asked each person in the class to share what they personally didn't like about my work and it went on like that some more. One girl said one of my projects looks like something her little sister would make in kindergarten.

wow your classmate managed to top your asshole teacher

MusicMan4
07-11-2014, 08:41 PM
I had to read a report in front of the class in eighth grade and one girl spent the entire time giggling at me and I did completely break down in tears as soon as I finished and ran out of the room to go hide in a bathroom stall which earned me detention
I've completely refused to speak in front of people since which didn't help with my declining grades before they took me out of regular human school

MusicMan4
07-11-2014, 08:43 PM
In college I had a required public speakng course (by college I mean bullshit tech school) that I just outright refused to do my final presentation for
I just handed in what I wrote and walked out of the class the day I was suppose to do it
I passed because the school was bullshit

slunken
07-11-2014, 09:04 PM
I stutter

slunken
07-11-2014, 09:05 PM
:(

MusicMan4
07-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Me too
It adds character

null123
07-11-2014, 09:08 PM
you probably should at this point

i still think negative criticism needs to be put in a way where you empower the person reviving it to try again. being ugly or insulting about it does no one any good. i'm not sure what good a public dressing down does, or even the appropriateness of telling you it looks like a kindergarten project

i mean pollock or rothko look like a kindergarten projects to the ignorant

It would've definitely helped if anyone had said one positive thing because I know for a fact there are a couple dimensions to what I did that were not bad. A compliment sandwich goes a long way.

And it is pretty subjective to a point. However, the purpose of design is to communicate. If everyone thinks my work sucks or they don't get what I'm going for, why should I be an artist? I don't think my work generally sucks so I'm still gonna try to be an artist. But I can't just please myself. I guess in the end that's why they say you have to find your audience.

I would (and I know I'm not alone in this) characterize this school as maybe the most conservative design school out there. I chose it for this reason because I don't want people to indulge me if I'm making bullshit, but it can get discouraging if you're trying something new, which I was with pretty much all these midterms. I should've just done really aggressive paintings which is what I know best and spared myself.

that's harsh just readin that. especially with your feelings included. that kind of stuff makes me not even want to try to be a professional artist. because everything is so subjective and someone could have a headache and just loathe you one day and then see your stuff on another day in a different light and think it's brilliant.

just look at who gets "famous" as an artist nowadays anyway. the barfsys. the thierry guetta's. the ironic art. i dream of a utopia bio-dome where artists can live and play and create with no outside influence for 100 years and then emerge to find everyone dead so they can paint the barren landscape left behind and make the aliens come rescue them and take them back to the mothership.
I definitely find this teacher unpredictable in terms of how he defines quality, but in a way I guess it comes with the territory. To complicate things further, he himself is a graphic designer, and in the class there are people studying illustration (including me), car design, fine art, graphic design etc. And the assignments are incredibly open-ended, the results extremely varied. Trying to bring everyone together to the same criteria of what is important in design can be hard. There have been many times when everyone said someone's work was mindblowingly great and I thought it was both ugly and pedestrian (I did not say so).

And yeah it's hard to know where to look to define success in the art world. I'm trying to be a commercial artist (probably for video games) but there is so much trash being lauded as genius in every art discipline at every moment, whether it's supposed to be "deep" or just entertaining or both. Because it's so easy to doubt yourself and art is so personal, you really need to be able to have something and someone to look to as a goal, and to have someone whose opinion you really respect look at your art and give you tough but fair critiques. It's rough.

null123
07-11-2014, 09:13 PM
I had to read a report in front of the class in eighth grade and one girl spent the entire time giggling at me and I did completely break down in tears as soon as I finished and ran out of the room to go hide in a bathroom stall which earned me detention
I've completely refused to speak in front of people since which didn't help with my declining grades before they took me out of regular human school

I stutter

aw

I have a friend who doesn't have to give presentations because she registered her fear of public speaking with the disability office of her school. Unfortunately it's not interacting with people that gives me anxiety, just life in general, and art especially.

slunken
07-11-2014, 09:15 PM
Charmbag - the instructor set a bad example from the get go. It probably wouldn't have been that bad had he/she not said anything first.

noyen
07-11-2014, 09:20 PM
Me too
It adds character

me too. it makes me wanna die.

null123
07-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Charmbag - the instructor set a bad example from the get go. It probably wouldn't have been that bad had he/she not said anything first.

I have to believe you're right. Like in in my own mind, I know I blew it and I'm pretty hard on everything I make. In my entire life I've probably made about 4 things that I feel overall positive about. But I did not mess up 1000% worse than every other person in the class, which is what the critique reflected.

Also, Aeris that type of "laughing at you the whole time you were speaking" shit is why I avoid teenagers at all costs to this day. Wtf

Is stuttering caused by anxiety or is it just kinda a thing that happens?

noyen
07-11-2014, 09:39 PM
i think they both feed on each other.. knowing it's gonna happen causes anxiety... and the anxiety causes it to happen. i was told i had a speech impediment early on, i think in 3rd or 4th grade and had to see a speech therapist. which made it worse. now i feel like if i am going to stutter i just stop at that word and pretend i can't think of the word i'm trying to say so someone finishes the sentence for me. otherwise i'd stutttututututer like crazy if i attempted to get the word out. if i do manage to get the word out it is obvious to the person watching me speak because i have to stop and close my eyes and breathe in deep and then the word comes out like a final sigh. i don't know what caused it... but i tremble in front of people too. hands shaking. i don't notice it but some assholes point it out every now and then.

slunken
07-11-2014, 09:45 PM
now i feel like if i am going to stutter i just stop at that word and pretend i can't think of the word i'm trying to say so someone finishes the sentence for me. otherwise i'd stutttututututer like crazy if i attempted to get the word out. if i do manage to get the word out it is obvious to the person watching me speak because i have to stop and close my eyes and breathe in deep and then the word comes out like a final sigh.

This. My god.

MusicMan4
07-11-2014, 09:45 PM
I don't think in my case I'm really a classic stutterer
There's just frequently delays between my thinking and when I can get out words and I constantly change what I want to say and am perpetually confused
It happens when I type too you just can't tell as much because I have time to edit everything. The confusion I'm sure is evident just not the stopping and starting and choking on words
It mostly stops with a combination of benzos and antipsychotics but it's not like I can say anything worthwhile on those

MusicMan4
07-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Like I'm not sure I even choke on words sometimes I just start making noises until I can think of a word to say
Autism Speaks

null123
07-11-2014, 09:47 PM
That sounds so stressful. I used to have more of the social anxiety thing when I was a teenager and I would not be able to control things like my voice shaking or turning red all the time, constantly losing my train of thought or getting too scared to even finish my sentence if they seemed the least bit disinterested. It made me feel so vulnerable and awful.

TuralyonW3
07-12-2014, 12:28 AM
the farce that ensued after a knock on my bedroom door by my dad during sex with my gf

Bread Regal
07-12-2014, 01:36 AM
Yesterday was midterm critique for this design class I'm taking. I've been having a really hard time at school (nothing new, been happening since I was a kid) from anxiety sapping all my energy. So yeah I was barely able to get something together for these five midterm projects. I don't get social anxiety generally and normally have no problem speaking in front of others, in fact I wasn't even dreading my critique at all. But for some reason, as soon as it was my turn to present my work and I started talking, my lungs seized up and I couldn't breathe. So I'm standing in front of the class trying to talk, literally gasping for air and trying to get a grip and I'm pretty sure my voice started shaking too. I went 2nd to last at critique and all the other presentations had gone perfectly smooth and the crits were completely average, just the normal hey this works well, you could consider doing a couple things here, etc. After I finish trying to think of something to say about the stuff I'd made since my mind had gone completely blank, I got the most eviscerating critique probably anyone in the room had witnessed. First the teacher said that I was making no sense and that everyone had stopped listening to me speak and had disconnected. Then he took about 15 minutes of just him going over why my work was lazy, concepts poorly developed, badly executed, overall just "not working" for him, poor choice of frame, felt cheap or gimmicky, dumbed down, didn't communicate, it just went on and on . Then he asked each person in the class to share what they personally didn't like about my work and it went on like that some more. One girl said one of my projects looks like something her little sister would make in kindergarten. I didn't sleep the night before and before anyone started talking I was already obviously stressed so I'm pretty sure the fact that I wanted to cry (something I NEVER do in public) was obvious and everyone was super uncomfortable. By the time we moved on to the next crit I tried to just hang in there and not cry so I could stay in the room and not seem like a bad sport or anything. But my eyes started watering really bad and I'm pretty sure everyone noticed it. Finally got to go to the genderqueer bathroom and bawl my eyes out and then I cried for about 5 straight hours when I got home.
This sounds like you are recounting a really bad dream.

(((((((((Charmbag))))))))))

Bread Regal
07-12-2014, 01:44 AM
Honestly, so many events in my life that are just so embarrassing every time i think of one I might share with you all, I think of one that's worse.

null123
07-12-2014, 02:10 AM
Thanks, it was like one. This whole thread needs a hug I think

I also just found out that in being so frazzled this month I lost track of the deadline for a final paper and will get an F in the class as a result, and there had been no reason it shouldn't be an easy A. Really wish I had something to do besides sit in this room right now.

Trotskilicious
07-12-2014, 02:35 AM
I have to believe you're right.

he is

to be honest the prof should apologize to you if he actually believes in your work, but he never will so just assume that he does

i actually think that other person who said the thing about kindergarten, she was taking aim at you deliberately because she probably already picked up on something when you criticized her before. i get the feeling that you didn't like her to begin with and to be frank if you're still posting here that means you're like the rest of us and don't realize some people are way faster on the uptake as far as social cues are concerned than we are. so, i think she probably already knew you didn't like her to begin with so she took this opportunity, endorsed and encouraged by the profs bad and unprofessional example, and tore into you.

next chance you get, savage her in the most impersonal manner possible. you should write the stuff you want to say down and make sure you boil it down to a completely detached devastation of everything she believes in. i know you can do that.

ultimately, figure out what you know to be true about the criticism and work from there

null123
07-12-2014, 04:02 AM
he is

to be honest the prof should apologize to you if he actually believes in your work, but he never will so just assume that he does

i actually think that other person who said the thing about kindergarten, she was taking aim at you deliberately because she probably already picked up on something when you criticized her before. i get the feeling that you didn't like her to begin with and to be frank if you're still posting here that means you're like the rest of us and don't realize some people are way faster on the uptake as far as social cues are concerned than we are. so, i think she probably already knew you didn't like her to begin with so she took this opportunity, endorsed and encouraged by the profs bad and unprofessional example, and tore into you.

next chance you get, savage her in the most impersonal manner possible. you should write the stuff you want to say down and make sure you boil it down to a completely detached devastation of everything she believes in. i know you can do that.

I was so totally not expecting what came in the last paragraph after reading the one before it, I actually laughed out loud.

Interesting theory. I understand how damning my presence on this board is but actually I don't think I'm that bad off in terms of social skills. Not anymore anyway. I also didn't have a problem with her before her comment, at least not that my conscious mind is aware of. I think I could easily write something just as scathing about the work of 9/10 of the other students in the class. If she picked up on anything it's probably that I secretly have a huge ego and need to be taken down a peg. And whatever her reason was, something to know about me is that I don't like taking revenge on people because that basically means admitting I've let them get under my skin.

ultimately, figure out what you know to be true about the criticism and work from there
I did take note. There are things to learn from the crit itself but mostly this whole thing has been a step in teaching me to ask for help because in doing so I have already received a lot. I hate asking for help but it's impossible to make good art with that attitude. Don't know why I selected this fucking discipline that goes against everything that I am but it is what it is.

Trotskilicious
07-12-2014, 04:06 AM
i dunno if it's having social skills that are that "bad off" more than believing that people can't possibly be that petty

i dunno i got the idea from dr honeydew that you had already criticized her before even mildly, which is pretty much license for some people to be absolute bastards to you

last thing, if you make art without help you are basically what bill corgan has become

null123
07-12-2014, 04:07 AM
True, I try to hold onto the belief that people are generally not trying to hurt me.,

null123
07-12-2014, 04:17 AM
Oh you edited. I remember earlier in the term I gave her some extremely mild (imo) critique of this pen tool shape she made. If she's still mad about it it's because the teacher and the TA agreed with me.

And you're right. And I think in the visual fields it's even worse

hnibos
07-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Now if you ever have a negative critique everyone will assume you're just bitter.

Poots
07-12-2014, 12:29 PM
Always disguise your critiques in a compliment sandwich.

"Wow, that looks great! Really good job! You know, the only thing I would change about it is to make it look less like shit. Like, less like an actual human turd. And add some semblance of artistic vision or creativity. But a really excellent job! You're really going places! Keep up the good work!!!"

Mayfuck
07-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Idiots.

reprise85
07-12-2014, 07:37 PM
I remember being chronically confused and in a perpetual state of embarrassment up until about age 11.

People would ask me questions and I'd if I didn't know the answer or didn't know what to say back to them I just froze and oddly smiled at them.

I was fine at school, at least with learning and peer interactions I wasn't generally confused, though you probably could have called me quiet and shy. But I basically froze every time an adult talked to me. I only recently realized that that wasn't normal.

MusicMan4
07-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Neurotypicals are assholes anyway

Poots
07-12-2014, 08:01 PM
I remember being chronically confused and in a perpetual state of embarrassment up until about age 11.

People would ask me questions and I'd if I didn't know the answer or didn't know what to say back to them I just froze and oddly smiled at them.

I was fine at school, at least with learning and peer interactions I wasn't generally confused, though you probably could have called me quiet and shy. But I basically froze every time an adult talked to me. I only recently realized that that wasn't normal.

Who knows what "normal" is, but what you described is quite common. It shows self awareness at an early age--it is a sign of intelligence.

toase
07-12-2014, 08:33 PM
I am feeling I am the biggest weirdo right now (also the biggest drunkyard, drughead, everythingelsehead)

Poots
07-12-2014, 08:35 PM
I am feeling I am the biggest weirdo right now (also the biggest drunkyard, drughead, everythingelsehead)

Using drugs and alcohol shows self awareness--it is a sign of intelligence.

toase
07-12-2014, 08:48 PM
It* just, how can I say?
Magnify things
Your best
Your worse...

null123
07-13-2014, 03:34 AM
Make some more threads people

null123
07-13-2014, 03:38 AM
I don't exactly have my thumb on the pulse of this board but I'm about ready to make threads if you all refuse to do so

noyen
07-13-2014, 04:39 AM
2true

Trotskilicious
07-13-2014, 05:32 AM
sometimes i think part of getting older is realizing you really have nothing interesting to say

yo soy el mejor
07-13-2014, 07:38 AM
i've tried to forget them all.

bignothing
07-13-2014, 05:09 PM
damn charmbag, that was painful to read. i'd offer to help cutting that bitch up, but i think you won't agree with using violence or calling her a bitch, idk.

i took a painting class during my undergrad and it was cool. i was the only non-arts student there but made it very clear i had no idea what i was doing so no one was ever harsh on me. it was only really bad when i had to do a self-portrait and i have no sense of anything so my painting looked totally distorted even though i tried really hard. i was laughing about it, though. the only negative experience was when the prof asked us to choose a contemporary artist and show their work/talk about their life to the classroom for like 10 mins. i chose mark ryden for no real reason other than that buffy painting - i know nothing about modern art. turns out prof hates mark ryden, and thinks his work is all about pedophilia.

bignothing
07-13-2014, 05:33 PM
someone give me feedback lol

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m42m6l83FE1qa678uo1_500.jpg

Inspired/copied this

http://www.kmm.nl/routeplanner/images/450/KM%20100.465.jpg

Poots
07-13-2014, 05:56 PM
is that a tatoo?

whywontyoulistn
07-14-2014, 09:23 AM
someone give me feedback lol

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m42m6l83FE1qa678uo1_500.jpg

Inspired/copied this

http://www.kmm.nl/routeplanner/images/450/KM%20100.465.jpg

http://phdeezy.com/content/images/2014/Apr/Jesus_Painting.jpg

Lucky Day Spa
07-18-2014, 09:00 AM
i just remembered the time my high school band covered heavy metal machine for a school music showcase and the supervising teacher stopped us halfway through from the control desk and (through the PA) said hey this song sucks, next

to be fair, it's a pretty crap song, but jeez

Lucky Day Spa
07-18-2014, 09:10 AM
oh yeah and this other time at university i had a spoken music theory assessment on sgt pepper's lonely hearts club band (the song, not the album) which i prepared the hell out of and then fucked up by removing the separator pages between my overhead projector slides (remember those?), which meant i couldn't discern between any of them as needed to step the class through the notation

meanwhile this total snob classical musician laughed under her hand the whole time

i had the CD ready to go run through but the slide fuckup made me so nervous that i was just like fuck it i'll play it for you on the piano. after a couple of bars the laughing person piped up again which was basically enough to freeze me to the spot

eventually one of the other students asked a question which let me continue and finish with a small shred of dignity but holy shit. the worst. still can't listen to that song without cringing a little

Lucky Day Spa
07-18-2014, 09:12 AM
and this was like the Class. You. Took. if you wanted to be a know-your-shit composition person. most faculty-per-capita of any paper i ever signed up for there

Lucky Day Spa
07-18-2014, 09:13 AM
i wish i could remember who saved me that day so i could thank them

Dogfighter28
07-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad day Charmbag. I have always struggled with public speaking and being put on the spot with stuff like that.

Mine is related, I was in both marching and concert band and I dreaded the start of the second one because it meant "playing tests". The ones where you have to play solo in front of all of your judging peers.

Most of the time I was okay, I feel like my confidence built upon itself regularly. But I wasn't prepared one afternoon and was called on to play a passage. My tone was quivering and my body was shaking pretty bad and I was fucking up the whole thing and the director just stops me and says "boy, you're shakin' like a leaf."

In my head, I'm like... thanks, I didn't know that. Nobody else knew that. Now we're clear.

And I've had performance anxiety since then. And it makes me uncomfortable to remember that specific instance.

Dogfighter28
07-18-2014, 01:58 PM
Personally embarassing - believing that this roaming vagrant really did work for the local news station, that his truck had broken down, and "Loaning" him 100 dollars to help him on his way. I let him get in my car, drove him to the ATM, he could have murdered or robbed me easily. I was so naive.

I later have heard friends discuss how freshmen at the University are duped by "TV Truck guy" and how they are idiots, but I've never told them that it happened to me

ohnoitsbonnie
07-19-2014, 12:24 AM
Yesterday

Future Boy
07-19-2014, 07:58 PM
i keep hoping your avatar blinks

null123
07-22-2014, 12:41 PM
I feel like I'm permanently embarrassed now
Like I'm at school and just ugh I don't understand how to measure objects in three point perspective and I don't want to ask anyone to step me through it. I'm probably gonna be on academic probation as far as my scholarship goes after this term. I'm apologizing constantly for weird things. I'm grossing myself out

null123
07-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Personally embarassing - believing that this roaming vagrant really did work for the local news station, that his truck had broken down, and "Loaning" him 100 dollars to help him on his way. I let him get in my car, drove him to the ATM, he could have murdered or robbed me easily. I was so naive.

I later have heard friends discuss how freshmen at the University are duped by "TV Truck guy" and how they are idiots, but I've never told them that it happened to me

Yeah getting hustled by this bullshit charity was my last most embarrassing moment before I moved. For some reason it really stings. I usually refuse to give money to international charities. Was a good rule of thumb.

ilikeplanets
07-22-2014, 01:09 PM
I once ate 18 frozen waffles still frozen. That's worse than 9 cans of ravioli!

scottytheoneand
07-22-2014, 01:14 PM
my worst binges all involved 3lb bags of peanut M&Ms.

ilikeplanets
07-22-2014, 04:19 PM
I made a nice dent in a bag of Dove's raspberry chocolates and then a nice dent in a half of diesel. Throwing up chocolate is the worst.

yo soy el mejor
07-22-2014, 05:35 PM
if you ate healthful foods you wouldn't have to starve yourself just to eat that junk.

scottytheoneand
07-22-2014, 07:07 PM
LOL

I've purged salads. It makes no difference.

noyen
07-22-2014, 07:43 PM
was that a julianalol?

would you puke up the blood of christ? how about a million liquid dollar bills?

scottytheoneand
07-22-2014, 08:11 PM
:erm:

noyen
07-22-2014, 08:15 PM
:erm:

maybe the most baffling erm of all time.

Mayfuck
07-22-2014, 09:50 PM
i spilled the darkest reddest wine on some woman's whitest most glorious dress at a party at which until that point i was just some mute weirdo and spent the rest of the night intermittently apologizing like every 15 minutes to her. she had to change into the host's borrowed pajamas the rest of the night. otherwise all my most embarrasing moments were online or involved eating or being alive.

null123
07-22-2014, 10:47 PM
It's not a revelation that eating disorders are retarded. That's why they're called disorders

ilikeplanets
07-23-2014, 12:20 AM
The first time I went to someone's house to get smoke back in high school, I ashed the blunt by blowing the ashes off...directly over the ashtray. Got it everywhere....

Trotskilicious
07-23-2014, 12:31 AM
weren't you arrested for tripping on acid in your front yard, making a scene without wearing pants

ilikeplanets
07-23-2014, 10:34 AM
But that's not embarrassing cuz I don't remember it!!

ilikeplanets
07-23-2014, 10:35 AM
And also I was drunk, not tripping. Only alcohol has managed to get me THAT retarded, scarily enough.

Dogfighter28
07-23-2014, 02:18 PM
I feel like I'm permanently embarrassed now
Like I'm at school and just ugh I don't understand how to measure objects in three point perspective and I don't want to ask anyone to step me through it. I'm probably gonna be on academic probation as far as my scholarship goes after this term. I'm apologizing constantly for weird things. I'm grossing myself out

I was put on probation after one semester when I fucked everything up. Thought I was doomed but it turned out okay.

It's a rough feeling, being in a hole / but realizing that starting your ascent now means the lowest point is behind you might help.

Future Boy
07-23-2014, 02:37 PM
you can always turn to beast jesus