View Full Version : popcorn covered in old bay seasoning

pale_princess
06-14-2014, 10:45 PM
plain popcorn with melted butter, smoked paprika sea sat and old bay seasoning.

a brilliant snack.

noyen
06-14-2014, 11:02 PM
I loves it on hamburgers and fries too. bought a little tin of the garlic and herb variant and its pretty tight too.

pale_princess
06-14-2014, 11:18 PM
i didn't know a garlic and herb variant existed!

add some parmesean cheese to the popcorn sometimes too.

slunken
06-15-2014, 06:31 AM
plain bread with cheeseburger, lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup and mustard.

a brilliant snack.

The exploding boy
06-15-2014, 09:49 AM
^

This sounds pretty amazing but I'd ditch the ketchup and put relish isntead. Also, and I know this might sound crazy but...I'd try slicing some dill pickles and putting them in the, so to speak, sandwich.

pale_princess
06-15-2014, 03:25 PM
no tomato plus dill pickle & mayonnaise

Trotskilicious
06-15-2014, 03:37 PM
dill pickle goes with mustard

it does not belong with mayonnaise unless we are talking tartar sauce for fish

these are the rules

pale_princess
06-15-2014, 08:06 PM
ketchup, mustard, mayo, dill pickle, onion, lettuce.

there's a burger

reprise85
06-15-2014, 09:24 PM
lettuce, ketchup. done.

also permitted are mushrooms as long as you put some cheese on that shit.

redbreegull
06-15-2014, 09:27 PM
http://airlinersgallery.smugmug.com/Airlines-UnitedStates-3/Airlines-United-States3-QZ/Southwest-Airlines/i-8RXRnRc/0/M/Southwest%20737-700%20WL%20N214WN%20(Maryland%201)(Apr)%20DCA%20(B M)(46)-M.jpg

you're all welcome

–Maryland

pale_princess
06-15-2014, 10:00 PM
always cheese on a burger. always.

Order 66
06-15-2014, 10:38 PM
speaking of seasoning i just discovered this wonder at the asian market. i will never eat white rice without it again. fuck soy sauce

http://bigislandnow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/furikake-recall.jpg

redbreegull
06-15-2014, 11:04 PM
what does that taste like

Order 66
06-15-2014, 11:14 PM
its dried seaweed all crumbled up along with some kind of sugar, along with ginger for a little kick. it's like eating candy sushi without the fish. it probably contributed to my weight loss because i never eat fried rice anymore

just ordered it in bulk.

The exploding boy
06-15-2014, 11:15 PM
Furikake is seaweed sesame and fish. I put it in rice when making sushi.

The exploding boy
06-15-2014, 11:16 PM
Oh I was a minute late.

The exploding boy
06-15-2014, 11:17 PM
it also of course has monosodium glutamate. Just so you cant have enough

Lucky Day Spa
06-16-2014, 12:09 AM
dill pickle goes with mustard

it does not belong with mayonnaise

i don't really see the conflict. all three are acidic. mustard is also spicy. pickles are also crunchy and often sweet. mayonnaise is also smooth. there's really no reason not to combine them provided a balance is struck with the remaining components of the dish

yo soy el mejor
06-16-2014, 06:24 AM
actually, it's burger, cheese, onion, and barbecue sauce. onion RINGS if you should be so lucky.

slunken
06-16-2014, 08:03 AM
I had one of those at Burger King before. They called it a rodeo burger. $1.29.

yo soy el mejor
06-16-2014, 08:12 AM
(@-__-)==@

Trotskilicious
06-16-2014, 08:13 AM
i don't really see the conflict. all three are acidic. mustard is also spicy. pickles are also crunchy and often sweet. mayonnaise is also smooth. there's really no reason not to combine them provided a balance is struck with the remaining components of the dish

pickles on burgers in the U.S.A. are always sour

The exploding boy
06-16-2014, 08:36 AM
I never put ketchup in burgers. Mustard and relish. Like a hot dog. Then everything, cheese, onion, pickle, lettuce, tomato. Bacon if you have it.

Also WHEN I ate meat, I preferred my ground meat to be pork. Seriously it's a lot better than beef AND cheaper. I had lamb patties once even and it was amazing. But you can't really find that shit. I had that at the farm of someone who grew lamb, ages ago.

Lucky Day Spa
06-16-2014, 11:37 AM
pickles on burgers in the U.S.A. are always sour
what's your point, walter?

Elvis The Fat Years
06-16-2014, 01:17 PM
i put salsa and avocado on my last burger. bbq sauce and a good mustard are good too. and onions have to be raw. get your caramelized onions away from my shit.

Trotskilicious
06-16-2014, 01:33 PM
what's your point, walter?

I'M TALKING ABOUT DRAWING A LINE IN THE SAND, DUDE. ACROSS THIS YOU DO NOT

bignothing
06-16-2014, 07:00 PM
How many of actually like mustard, mayonnaise, pickles, and onions? I am particularly offended by onions. I like the taste, but the texture is unbearable. I always have to chop it to nothing and put it in the blender so it's cream of onion rather than onion onion.

Yes to mushrooms and avocados.

The exploding boy
06-16-2014, 08:09 PM
I like all of those things. I especially love mayonnaise. Pickles, I like in things, well...chiefly in burger. on their own I'm not too keen on them. Mushrooms are good n burgers yes. Avocado in burger? I don't think so.

And blended cream of onion DOES sound like a horrible texture. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? Seriously what's wrong with the texture of onion....do you mean cooked like because theyre slippery? I don't know. that's how mushrooms are. You're just fucked up. And this is coming from a really fucked up person.

I find, thinking about it now, that no food texture digsusts me. I'm all about taste. Like it wouldn't be the texture of shit id mind, but its taste. but then again that's probably everyone....Who here actually likes shit?

reprise85
06-16-2014, 08:36 PM
i like mayo, but not on burgers. same with pickles... i like sweet ones and mild kosher dills, not the super sour ones. but again, not really on burgers. mustard is a no. and raw onion? no way.

although i have to say, I will eat a wendy's cheeseburger which has raw onion and pickles and mustard, for some reason none of them are super acidic or strong tasting and it just works.

pale_princess
06-16-2014, 10:33 PM
i had a popeyes chicken sandwich for dinner. it was pretty good! prefer wendy's spicy chicken sandwich tbh.

Elphenor
06-16-2014, 10:48 PM
Mayo does not belong on burgers. What is wrong with you people.

Ketchup is acceptable but only if mustard is not available.
It goes: Meat, cheeze, carmalized onions, mushrooms, Mustard, lettuce, bacon

Tomato is also acceptable but I usually pick them off for some reason.

redbreegull
06-16-2014, 10:52 PM
some of you are fucking stupid. ketchup, mayo, mustard, pickles, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, barbecue sauce, cheese, all good on burgers. don't limit yourselves, there's a whole world out there

Elphenor
06-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Mayo is fucking disgusting you weirdo.

Why do people put that nasty egg grease on anything?

Elphenor
06-16-2014, 10:58 PM
BBQ is a good call though.

Sometimes Ill order "western" style and get BBQ and onion rings on a cheese burger

noyen
06-16-2014, 11:02 PM
o_o

when you guys gonna start talking about mental illness in this one.

yo soy el mejor
06-17-2014, 12:11 AM
that's messed up. why would you say something like that?

Cool As Ice Cream
06-17-2014, 04:00 AM
Mayo is fucking disgusting you weirdo.

Why do people put that nasty egg grease on anything?

mayo is great, dude.

Cool As Ice Cream
06-17-2014, 04:00 AM
njam njam njam

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 08:05 AM
How many of actually like mustard, mayonnaise, pickles, and onions?

i'd say most people don't have an issue with these food items

I am particularly offended by onions. I like the taste, but the texture is unbearable.

i never understood why people say things like this

just makes no sense

Cool As Ice Cream
06-17-2014, 08:12 AM
raw onion keeps on repeating itself on me. i try to avoid it.

The exploding boy
06-17-2014, 09:55 AM
whatever you do don't put shit in your pattie. I don't understand why some people do that. It ruins the whole fucking burger. There's a chain in canada called Harvey's which has been around since like the 60's and is somewhat a competitor to the main American chains that does that. Worst fast food burger you can have. They always had this thing where they have you choose the shit you put in your burger a la subways but who gives a fuck when you can't chose what DOESNT go in your pattie. If its not 100% meat, you can fuck off.

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 10:14 AM
stuffed burgers are pretty annoying

redbreegull
06-17-2014, 12:09 PM
i never understood why people say things like this

just makes no sense

texture eating? I don't get it either. I was talking to a cute girl recently and we got on the topic of food, and she started listing off a hundred different regular things she doesn't like because of the texture (hummus, lettuce, orange juice with pulp, potatoes with skin, any fruits that are too smooth, etc.) She became less attractive to me instantly.

Order 66
06-17-2014, 12:37 PM
texture does matter . i went out for dim sum and it was delicious but some of it i had to spit out because the texture was so ... non food-ish

maybe it varies among people. i dunno

redbreegull
06-17-2014, 01:22 PM
texture does matter . i went out for dim sum and it was delicious but some of it i had to spit out because the texture was so ... non food-ish

maybe it varies among people. i dunno

yeah, it definitely does matter to some people, it's just not something I can relate to at all.

sometimes I don't like to eat things that make my teeth feel weird. anything that gets stuck in between your teeth is potentially a problem like popcorn. I also don't really like starbursts because they leave that weird film on your teeth

Cool As Ice Cream
06-17-2014, 01:32 PM
sometimes I don't like to eat things that make my teeth feel weird. anything that gets stuck in between your teeth is potentially a problem like popcorn. I also don't really like starbursts because they leave that weird film on your teeth

You became less attractive to me instantly.

redbreegull
06-17-2014, 01:35 PM
You became less attractive to me instantly.

no offense but you're not in my tier anyway

redbreegull
06-17-2014, 01:35 PM
maybe we can be friends though

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 01:39 PM
texture eating? I don't get it either. I was talking to a cute girl recently and we got on the topic of food, and she started listing off a hundred different regular things she doesn't like because of the texture (hummus, lettuce, orange juice with pulp, potatoes with skin, any fruits that are too smooth, etc.) She became less attractive to me instantly.

it's pretty awful. i agree. when the list gets that long you just have to assume it's a personality flaw. i understand that some foods you won't like: I hate brussel sprouts and MOTHERFUCKING PEAS and lima beans, i don't get liver. but i don't come up with reasons like "i don't like the texture" because ultimately you just sound spoiled and particular.

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 01:40 PM
i had a friend of mine in college who wouldn't eat fruit because he didn't like the texture and wouldn't eat veggies because he didn't like the taste

then he grew up

(it's always a matter of maturity)

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 01:41 PM
i mean i'm not sure why people want to inconvenience themselves so much when they go out to get something and need everything meticulously special ordered. I honestly feel like it's a psychosomatic thing where they ultimately can't eat these foods because the need to feel special and unique and individual every time they order food just overpowers everything else.

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 01:44 PM
i knew a guy when i worked at the pizza joint who would put no tomato sauce on his pizza and then dip it in the "maranara" sauce we had

and i'm like dude that shit is the fucking sauce we use for the pie to begin with
no way man this is <i>maranara</I> sauce
and i'm like MOTHERFUCKER I FILLED THEM SHITS FROM THE PIZZA SAUCE BUCKET GOD DAMN

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 01:45 PM
BUT SERIOUSLY FUCK PEAS

redbreegull
06-17-2014, 03:33 PM
it's pretty awful. i agree. when the list gets that long you just have to assume it's a personality flaw. i understand that some foods you won't like: I hate brussel sprouts and MOTHERFUCKING PEAS and lima beans, i don't get liver. but i don't come up with reasons like "i don't like the texture" because ultimately you just sound spoiled and particular.

i mean i'm not sure why people want to inconvenience themselves so much when they go out to get something and need everything meticulously special ordered. I honestly feel like it's a psychosomatic thing where they ultimately can't eat these foods because the need to feel special and unique and individual every time they order food just overpowers everything else.

I do believe there are people who judge food more on the texture than the flavor, it's just impossible for me to understand. I think picky eating is probably mostly the result of parents who accommodated these sorts of habits. I'm no expert, but I remember from psych 101 and child pscyh that nearly all taste preferences are developed, and it often takes more than a dozen times of trying something for a child to learn to like it. One of the things I most thankful for about myself is that I will eat pretty much anything and love trying new things. Food is awesome.

My father will not eat anything that is green. Seriously. He will eat some fruits and veggies but usually only if they are cooked, and anything green is out of the question. No leafy greens, apples, avocados, peas, grapes, etc. So yeah, that's obviously in his head and not some sort of innate taste inclination, which I suspect a lot of peculiar food preferences are.

Trots, I always hated brussel sprouts too but my friend cooked some up last week just in butter and garlic I think, shit was so good. I always thought they were sour tasting but somehow these weren't at all

Cool As Ice Cream
06-17-2014, 04:04 PM
sour? wtf?

you should try them with bacon.

The exploding boy
06-17-2014, 04:27 PM
i knew a guy when i worked at the pizza joint who would put no tomato sauce on his pizza and then dip it in the "maranara" sauce we had

and i'm like dude that shit is the fucking sauce we use for the pie to begin with
no way man this is <i>maranara</I> sauce
and i'm like MOTHERFUCKER I FILLED THEM SHITS FROM THE PIZZA SAUCE BUCKET GOD DAMN

Hilarious.:banging:

And I agree with the whole texture shit (lamest reason to not eat something, sorry) and people not liking anything being a maturity issue. But really it has a lot to do with upbringing too, my best hs friend wouldn't eat anything cause at home all he ever had was like..bologna sandwiches, tomato soup, steak and like hot dogs...like its all his goddam parents made, my parents on the other hand pretty much only repeated meals like every two months...pretty sure my mom made every single thing in every single one of her cookbooks at least once. As a result, there's pretty much nothing I won't eat.

Well yeah ok liver too. I had a iron deficiency as a kid and my parents pretty much tricked me into liking liver but then I grew older and was like what the fuck is wrong with you, why did I ever eat this. But other than liver and maybe blood sausage (which I DID actually try unlike most people who just say they don't like it but never actually tasted it, it tastes as awful as you'd think) I can't really think of much anything.

I guess one or two spices. I don't like anis in pretty much anything. I'll probably eat it but won't like it.

The exploding boy
06-17-2014, 04:30 PM
I do believe there are people who judge food more on the texture than the flavor, it's just impossible for me to understand. I think picky eating is probably mostly the result of parents who accommodated these sorts of habits. I'm no expert, but I remember from psych 101 and child pscyh that nearly all taste preferences are developed, and it often takes more than a dozen times of trying something for a child to learn to like it. One of the things I most thankful for about myself is that I will eat pretty much anything and love trying new things. Food is awesome.

Yeah and I think what I said about me liking liver for a period as a kid proves that. I think my parents, I dont remember their approach, but pretty much convinced me to like liver and I remember I actually did. Then I guess my iron deficiency got better and we stopped having it (my brother never actually ate it and I guess they didn't try to have him like it cause his iron levels were fine) and when I had it again some years after I hated it.

redbreegull
06-17-2014, 07:12 PM
sour? wtf?

you should try them with bacon.

like kind of bitter. weird aftertaste. I enjoy bacon but I don't belong to the cult of bacon. I don't really go for bacon in salads and stuff like that.

slunken
06-17-2014, 07:30 PM
Yea, bacon is not a condiment

slunken
06-17-2014, 07:31 PM
I love Brussel sprouts. They seem to be innately salty if anything

The exploding boy
06-17-2014, 07:33 PM
Yeah I love them too but I can see why some people wouldn't. But I don't get what's wrong with peas.

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 08:16 PM
did i really make five posts about that dumb shit

seriously bignothing do whatever you want

avocados and mushrooms are good

bignothing
06-17-2014, 08:54 PM
I guess I could elaborate on the texture thing but 10/10 chance no one cares.

I love Brussel sprouts.

Roasted brussel sprouts are one of my favorite foods to make. Simple and delicious.

http://blogs.mydevstaging.com/blogs/cooking/files/2011/11/RoastedBrusselsSprouts.jpg

The exploding boy
06-17-2014, 09:21 PM
Ive never though of roasting brussel sprouts. Sounds interesting.

It's like the first time I had fried spinach. I was like holy shit. It was at an afghani restaurant. Say what you will about those terrorist towelheads but they make good food.

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 09:28 PM
bignothing you seem cool, how the hell did you end up posting here

yo soy el mejor
06-17-2014, 09:57 PM
sauteed brussels sprouts are my jam. i mean, i'll eat them any which way, but sauteed is my favorite.

pale_princess
06-17-2014, 10:15 PM
guys though. old bay on popcorn :D

null123
06-17-2014, 10:20 PM
When I make brussels sprouts I always wind up eating half of them raw while I wait for the oven to heat up

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 10:50 PM
but seriously guys, what are peas for? fuck peas.

Order 66
06-17-2014, 11:01 PM
i ate a raw carrot for lunch and was musing about how people eat peas and carrots as part of a regular meal. like.. why

yo soy el mejor
06-17-2014, 11:02 PM
peas ARE gross

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 11:03 PM
ikr??????

null123
06-17-2014, 11:06 PM
My mom loves split pea soup. That is a very fucked up food

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 11:11 PM
"You know what I'd like right about now? A whole lot of peas blended to a fine slurry."

null123
06-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Mom foods:

cocoa puffs w/ half n half
bowl of corn with hot sauce
split pea soup
a pot of vanilla coffee made extra weak

yo soy el mejor
06-17-2014, 11:31 PM
make it styrofoam cup of corn with hot sauce instead of bowl and add parm, lemon pepper, and crema.

or a cob. idgaf.

just no bowls.

null123
06-17-2014, 11:33 PM
Dad foods:

anything made with habaneros
chili
beef stew
espresso

null123
06-17-2014, 11:34 PM
make it cup of corn with hot sauce instead of bowl and add parm, lemon pepper, and crema.

There is lots of butter involved at least

Trotskilicious
06-17-2014, 11:41 PM
thing i hate most about peas is that they are impossible to pick out

like i'm not nuts about it and can handle a couple peas in my fried rice or whatever

but when it's lots of peas like the way my mom makes tuna salad it's just like <i>seriously peas, fuck you!!!!!</I>

I'm Hardcore
06-17-2014, 11:52 PM
brussel sprouts are shitty, okra has it goin' on

Cool As Ice Cream
06-18-2014, 02:11 AM
I enjoy bacon but I don't belong to the cult of bacon. I don't really go for bacon in salads and stuff like that.

yeah, same here. i'm not the biggest fan. but diced bacon goes well with brussels sprouts, i find. or green beans.

The exploding boy
06-18-2014, 08:11 AM
I love pea soup and eat I frequently though it is not green peas. From Wikipedia: "Soupe aux pois (jaunes) (yellow pea soup) is a traditional dish in Canadian cuisine. This split pea soup is very popular nationwide, but originated in Québécois cuisine. One source[7] says "The most authentic version of Quebec's soupe aux pois use whole yellow peas, with salt pork, and herbs for flavour. After cooking, the pork is usually chopped and returned to the soup, or sometimes removed to slice thinly and served separately... "

Of course the one problem wit it is it's gonna make you fart for hours after....

Cool As Ice Cream
06-18-2014, 08:28 AM
is that true though, the farting thing? i know it's supposed to make one more gassy than normal, but is the difference noticeable? i've never noticed the link myself.

all i hear is people not eating peas or cabbage or even onions or whatever vegetable that is supposed to have this effect, because "it makes them gassy". but how would they know? they only heard this, and decided to never eat it. the way they sell it, they'll never have to fart if they avoid these vegetables, and will fart all day if they do eat them. bullshit?

Trotskilicious
06-18-2014, 09:26 AM
well as we can see there's no mexican food in belgium if he contests whether or not certain foods makes you gassy

Cool As Ice Cream
06-18-2014, 09:30 AM
i see. clearly i'm missing out on some great food experiences.

like i said, all i know is people not eating a bit of cauliflower, because they're afraid it'll turn them into a fart bomb. which seems exaggerated.

Trotskilicious
06-18-2014, 09:43 AM
i mean would you want to risk it if you were gonna be getting rutty later on

The exploding boy
06-18-2014, 10:26 AM
is that true though, the farting thing? i know it's supposed to make one more gassy than normal, but is the difference noticeable? i've never noticed the link myself.

all i hear is people not eating peas or cabbage or even onions or whatever vegetable that is supposed to have this effect, because "it makes them gassy". but how would they know? they only heard this, and decided to never eat it. the way they sell it, they'll never have to fart if they avoid these vegetables, and will fart all day if they do eat them. bullshit?

Hmm...yeah...I wouldn't say it if it didn't happen to me. It's not a myth these things, but it IS possible for some people not to be affected as much by it. Considering my recent problems with IBS i've kinda elected not to touch pea soup anymore for a bit. Gas is fine if it can come out, when its trapped, it's really not ok. Cabbage and onion are sulfur rich vegetables and while that will cause bad smelling gases, they're not really know to CAUSE gas more than most other vegetables. But fruits and vegetables in general being high in soluble fiber which don't get broken down until the intestines WILL cause more gas than other food.

Beans are of course especially bad for that, because they contain a sugar that the human body can't break down with enzymes and so its not absorbed by the intestines lining and is instead broken down by bacteria in the intestines and when that happens, gas is created. Which is actually the process for all soluble fibers.

Peas are technically seeds (and not vegetables actually a pea pod is a fruit since it produces seeds) which makes them also rich in soluble fiber which explains the gas.

Basically any food that makes it to the intestines not completely broken down will cause gas and this is why people who are stressed a lot, like me, also tend to have a lot of gas because stress causes the intestines to contract which causes the food to pass through the digestive tract too fast without having been all properly digested.

slunken
06-18-2014, 04:57 PM
Sounds like your digestive tract needs to pull itself up by the bootstraps and decide to break it down instead of feeling sorry for itself

The exploding boy
06-18-2014, 05:40 PM
As a Canadian I rely on handouts by the government to fix my digestive problems.

redbreegull
06-18-2014, 07:47 PM
I like peas. And split pea soup too. Split pea soup is especially delicious if you put sherry in it

ohnoitsbonnie
06-26-2014, 12:53 AM
Hmm...yeah...I wouldn't say it if it didn't happen to me. It's not a myth these things, but it IS possible for some people not to be affected as much by it. Considering my recent problems with IBS i've kinda elected not to touch pea soup anymore for a bit. Gas is fine if it can come out, when its trapped, it's really not ok. Cabbage and onion are sulfur rich vegetables and while that will cause bad smelling gases, they're not really know to CAUSE gas more than most other vegetables. But fruits and vegetables in general being high in soluble fiber which don't get broken down until the intestines WILL cause more gas than other food.

Beans are of course especially bad for that, because they contain a sugar that the human body can't break down with enzymes and so its not absorbed by the intestines lining and is instead broken down by bacteria in the intestines and when that happens, gas is created. Which is actually the process for all soluble fibers.

Peas are technically seeds (and not vegetables actually a pea pod is a fruit since it produces seeds) which makes them also rich in soluble fiber which explains the gas.

Basically any food that makes it to the intestines not completely broken down will cause gas and this is why people who are stressed a lot, like me, also tend to have a lot of gas because stress causes the intestines to contract which causes the food to pass through the digestive tract too fast without having been all properly digested.

Peas are fruit. Tomatoes are fruits (berries). Corn is fruit. Squash. Cucumbers. Watermelons. They are all fruits. If there are seeds, it is a fruit.

Vegetables are leaves or other parts I guess.

The exploding boy
06-26-2014, 01:13 AM
Peas are fruit. Tomatoes are fruits (berries). Corn is fruit. Squash. Cucumbers. Watermelons. They are all fruits. If there are seeds, it is a fruit.

Vegetables are leaves or other parts I guess.

yes i know. The pea pod is a fruit. but the peas themselves which is usually what we eat are the seeds so youre eating seeds, not fruits.

Except corn isn't fruit. It's grain. It bugs me to no end people call it a vegetable.

I'm pretty needlesly anal with these things for some reason. Yes i said anal and vegetables, y'all can skip that joke now.

darby
06-26-2014, 01:15 AM
bananas are berries

ohnoitsbonnie
06-26-2014, 02:31 AM
yes i know. The pea pod is a fruit. but the peas themselves which is usually what we eat are the seeds so youre eating seeds, not fruits.

Except corn isn't fruit. It's grain. It bugs me to no end people call it a vegetable.

I'm pretty needlesly anal with these things for some reason. Yes i said anal and vegetables, y'all can skip that joke now.

Grains are fruits. Flowering plants (which grasses are) make fruits.

(I mean if we're going to be correct botanically.)

Trotskilicious
06-26-2014, 02:32 AM
chickens are vegetables

Lucky Day Spa
06-26-2014, 05:08 AM
sea cucumbers are the chickens of the sea

Lucky Day Spa
only this thread is saying that cucumbers are fruit so i don't know what to believe

Lucky Day Spa
maybe fruit is chicken?

Cool As Ice Cream
06-26-2014, 09:20 AM
^ that's the only explanation i can think of

q.e.d.

redbreegull
06-26-2014, 05:17 PM

IIRC a fruit is really anything that comes from the flowering part of a plant, and a vegetable is any other part of the plant. The purpose of a fruit is to disseminate or protect seeds. So carrots and onions and potatoes and shit are veggies cause they're like fucking roots or something, and leafy greens are literally leaves, but pees, corn, pumpkins, tomatoes, rice, wheat, nuts and other legumes are all fruits.

yo soy el mejor
06-26-2014, 05:32 PM
pee is not a fruit.

redbreegull
06-26-2014, 05:33 PM
I see what you did there

Trotskilicious
06-26-2014, 05:52 PM
no, she saw what you did there

redbreegull
06-26-2014, 05:56 PM
I suppose but that phrase usually indicates a purposeful play on words and it was just an error

ohnoitsbonnie
06-26-2014, 06:31 PM
IIRC a fruit is really anything that comes from the flowering part of a plant, and a vegetable is any other part of the plant. The purpose of a fruit is to disseminate or protect seeds. So carrots and onions and potatoes and shit are veggies cause they're like fucking roots or something, and leafy greens are literally leaves, but pees, corn, pumpkins, tomatoes, rice, wheat, nuts and other legumes are all fruits.

I said this...

redbreegull
06-26-2014, 06:59 PM
is a rat a fruit or a vegetable

redbreegull
06-26-2014, 06:59 PM
neither it's a fucking mineral

The exploding boy
06-26-2014, 07:29 PM
chickens are vegetables

such ignorance. chickens are cephalopod molluscs. Same as triceratops.