View Full Version : World Cup 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

sppunk
06-11-2014, 06:21 PM
This deserves it's own thread.

sppunk
06-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Brazil's ready!

@ESPNFC This is the Manaus pitch that will host the England-Italy World Cup match in 3 days (via Getty).

http://s8.postimg.org/gy3rm7mut/image.jpg

Trotskilicious
06-11-2014, 06:48 PM
yeah this world cup is going to be about as shitty as sochi i think

sppunk
06-11-2014, 07:07 PM
I hope the heat/humidity doesn't severely impact performance. And maybe the massive transit strikes won't happen.

scottytheoneand
06-11-2014, 07:15 PM
I was invited to Sao Paulo later this month for a trade show. I considered going just to catch a match or two. But then I worried it would be a travel clusterfuck because they have the world cup underway and tens of thousands of people flying in for a convention.

The Omega Concern
06-11-2014, 10:32 PM
Brazil's ready!

@ESPNFC This is the Manaus pitch that will host the England-Italy World Cup match in 3 days (via Getty).

http://s8.postimg.org/gy3rm7mut/image.jpg

Nothing some good grass paint can't handle. Looks worse than most high school fields though.

The Omega Concern
06-11-2014, 10:35 PM
If the US can get over on Ghana, they just might be able to eek out two draws from there with a puncher's chance of a win against Portugal. Stranger things have happened. Germany may not need a win by the 3rd game.

duovamp
06-11-2014, 10:52 PM
Germany's in rough shape. Not feeling too hopeless about this one. Still no fucking chance though.

Why oh why must my favorite teams be the US and England?

The Omega Concern
06-11-2014, 10:54 PM
If Ronaldo is a wheel down somewhat, that might be enough. Outside of him the teams are level.

Trotskilicious
06-11-2014, 11:36 PM
england sucks and only jerks like them

The exploding boy
06-11-2014, 11:39 PM
England is to international football as the Maple Leafs are to the National Hockey League.

Trotskilicious
06-11-2014, 11:40 PM
Well said, I usually compare them to Notre Dame in american college football, or really at this point the Dallas Buttfucking Cowboys

Elphenor
06-11-2014, 11:48 PM
IM A COWBOYS FAN AWWW YEAHHH

sppunk
06-11-2014, 11:52 PM
England is to international football as the Maple Leafs are to the National Hockey League.

I'm so stealing this.

Bread Regal
06-12-2014, 12:27 AM
england sucks and only jerks like them

Well said, I usually compare them to Notre Dame in american college football, or really at this point the Dallas Buttfucking Cowboys

I'm so stealing this.

someone explain this to me

Trotskilicious
06-12-2014, 12:32 AM
ultimately they are a very pedestrian team that's got a huge fan base and hyped beyond all evidence to the contrary

and they haven't accomplished anything in a LONG time so it's just this bewildering fan based media catering perpetual hype machine

i hope in 15 years i can say that about the lakers, it would make me ready to die

Bread Regal
06-12-2014, 12:49 AM
figured as much given their last world cup championship was 1966.

Trotskilicious
06-12-2014, 12:56 AM
also they have probably the best league in the world but it's because of guys not from england

The exploding boy
06-12-2014, 01:20 AM
figured as much given their last world cup championship was 1966.

The leafs haven't won a cup since 1968 which is why i thought of the comparison at first and then the rest just fit.

Bread Regal
06-12-2014, 01:25 AM
also they have probably the best league in the world but it's because of guys not from england
that too

I'm Hardcore
06-12-2014, 01:44 AM
are the England team really that hyped though? most Englishmen i know give them no chance...

Bread Regal
06-12-2014, 02:26 AM
stateside they are

Sonic Johnny
06-12-2014, 02:52 AM
GO AUSSIE nah just kidding we fucking suck at soccer idgaf

duovamp
06-12-2014, 07:26 AM
stateside they are

ultimately they are a very pedestrian team that's got a huge fan base and hyped beyond all evidence to the contrary

and they haven't accomplished anything in a LONG time so it's just this bewildering fan based media catering perpetual hype machine

i hope in 15 years i can say that about the lakers, it would make me ready to die

Honestly I didn't think that ANYBODY believes they've got a good team or a snowball's chance.

Cool As Ice Cream
06-12-2014, 07:53 AM
i think you're right. i believe even in england the football supporters have come to their senses. (it took a couple of huge disappointments, but they're finally there.)

in belgium, people are getting all hype-y now. this is the kind of news we normally get from the netherlands, so this is quite strange. i don't think it's as mental as the orange craze of the dutch, but still. if belgium does quite well, we might still reach that state.

i think there's still a big chance belgium won't get very far. so that might end in a big disappointment for the enthusiastic belgian fans. oh well. that'll teach 'em.

Eulogy
06-12-2014, 08:40 AM
What are the chances of the US getting out of their group? 10%?

hnibos
06-12-2014, 09:10 AM
I'd say that's fair, and England certainly has a good team but not in the top tier like Mayfuck, Luke, and sleeper.

Zucchini Duke
06-12-2014, 09:40 AM
my money is on Snacktown.

duovamp
06-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Old Skool pizza spring rolls from Flavortown

pavementtune
06-12-2014, 10:27 AM
i think there's still a big chance belgium won't get very far. so that might end in a big disappointment for the enthusiastic belgian fans. oh well. that'll teach 'em.
Don't know, remember Ireland or Switzerland fans when their teams were out?

and please don't NukeCroatia today, I'm totally rooting for them (I'm in for misery, I know)

The exploding boy
06-12-2014, 10:41 AM
margin

The exploding boy
06-12-2014, 10:42 AM
I hope Portugal doesn't make it too far like they did on 2006, otherwise it'll be a bitch to walk around this neighborhood for the duration of the cup (nevermind sleep). Of course once Portugal is out they often root for Brazil anyway but at least not with the same ardor.... In 2006 i was living with french roommates in this portuguese neighborhood (they faced each other in the semi)....while i do by default root for France (well it's the closest affinity i have with any of the countries, at least all my ancestors do come from there all the way back in like the 1600s and 1700's...), my god this was annoying.

pavementtune
06-12-2014, 10:55 AM
I like it, for a few weeks people don't talk about politics or evilimmigrantz, the usual daily stuff just vanishes.
If a team does well happy faces left and right, flags out of car windows, honking all night.
I'm gonna miss that here.

Cool As Ice Cream
06-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Don't know, remember Ireland or Switzerland fans when their teams were out?

and please don't NukeCroatia today, I'm totally rooting for them (I'm in for misery, I know)

i'm not sure if i remember. what happened? (is it comparable though?)
it's just that a lot of people here believe that belgium will definitely make it to the quarter-finals at least. there's flags everywhere and other silly stuff. now belgium should be able to get fairly far, on paper. but those people will be disappointed if that doesn't happen. they're expecting way too much.

i used to root for croatia. they've always had a good team. but the last tournaments i've gone off them. they play too dirty. it's not nice to watch that. fuck them.

bignothing
06-12-2014, 11:20 AM
heh I'm used to absolute madness over the matches, I wonder what it'll be like here. Do you guys do fireworks for every goal? lol

I also sympathize with Croatia, but... yknow.

pavementtune
06-12-2014, 11:26 AM
i'm not sure if i remember. what happened? (is it comparable though?)
it's just that a lot of people here believe that belgium will definitely make it to the quarter-finals at least. there's flags everywhere and other silly stuff. now belgium should be able to get fairly far, on paper. but those people will be disappointed if that doesn't happen. they're expecting way too much.

i used to root for croatia. they've always had a good team. but the last tournaments i've gone off them. they play too dirty. it's not nice to watch that. fuck them.

yea I can't help it. Dirty fucks, I love them.
well switzerland and ireland dropped out, sure the fans were sad, but they celebrated just for having been part of it. it was pretty awesome.
Personally I hope Belgium makes it to the quarter-finals.

heh I'm used to absolute madness over the matches, I wonder what it'll be like here. Do you guys do fireworks for every goal? lol

I also sympathize with Croatia, but... yknow.

Fireworks??? you throw beer for goals!!! I hope they score once. Just for their fans back home. Anything else is wishful thinking.

jesus christ Lw shut the fuck up or I'll be happy when Germany plays like shit just to slap you with your damn arrogance

bignothing
06-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Damn, so you've never experienced watching a goal and then for the next 10 minutes the entire city is exploding with fireworks?

pavementtune
06-12-2014, 11:40 AM
Nope, actual fireworks weren't allowed in any of the cities I've been during world cup. Some bengalo fires, and people singing. Car parades. Music.

Or maybe.... could be there were some in 2006, and I wasn't paying attention.
You do fireworks in France??

bignothing
06-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Ah that makes sense, fireworks being dangerous and all. And I meant in Brazil, no idea what to expect from Paris.

juliana
06-12-2014, 11:46 AM
I wonder if italy will flop out early or get to the finals. Also, a final without Brazil would suck.

bignothing
06-12-2014, 11:50 AM
I made plans to go to the 20th (SKETCHY) to a specific place that will have samba and be all Brazilian-friendly or whatever. Idk I'm just ready to start crying ughhh

Trotskilicious
06-12-2014, 12:01 PM
are the England team really that hyped though? most Englishmen i know give them no chance...

they have a world wide following and get a disproportionate amount of coverage compared to other teams of the same tier

I compare them to the Cowboys and Notre Dame because it seems a lot of the coverage has this background noise of "well they <i>should</I> be contenders, why aren't they and whose fault is it?"

perhaps the Maple Leafs are the same

Trotskilicious
06-12-2014, 12:02 PM
I hope the heat/humidity doesn't severely impact performance.

are you familiar with the idea that brazilians play their league over the summer

juliana
06-12-2014, 12:32 PM
they have a world wide following and get a disproportionate amount of coverage compared to other teams of the same tier

I compare them to the Cowboys and Notre Dame because it seems a lot of the coverage has this background noise of "well they <i>should</I> be contenders, why aren't they and whose fault is it?"

Agreed. I am always amazing how shocked people are when england loses, they ALWAYS LOSE!

The exploding boy
06-12-2014, 12:42 PM

YES. The leafs are still considered "Canada's team". I mean it's still the team that the CBC officially follows. Over you know.... any other fucking Canadian nhl team that's ten times better.

Since 1968 (last leafs win) the canadiens have won the cup 10 times, the Oilers 5 times and the Flames once. ALL Canadian teams except Winnipeg (which doestn count so much since it was gone for so many years) since have also made it to the finals at least once (Vancouver 3 times, Ottawa once) something the leafs have never done since their '68 win. What the fuck. Why are we supposed to care? Why do they have one of the strongest fanbase still in the NHL and are ine of the richest team in the league? It defies all reason.

Trotskilicious
06-12-2014, 12:56 PM
yeah then definitely the Cowboys, Notre Dame* or England of their respective sport.

Dallas is "america's team" because someone in the media decided they were in the 70s (most people hate the shit out of them it seems these days) and they are relentlessly considered contenders and relevant even though they haven't been good in 20 years now.

Ultimately, I understand that the English have come to their senses about the prospects of their actual team, I still fully believe that english fans believe they <i>should</i> be much better than they actually are.

fortunately the NBA doesn't have an equivalency. Celtics and Lakers have all been relevant and won titles within the last 10 years.

*Eulogy will be here shortly to contend that because ND was in a title game within the last 5 years and this is unfair. I however contend that because the title game for college football is determined primarily by the media (2/3rds of the vote, the other third is indeed a computer which rated ND highly) that ND did not get there entirely based on merit and the media/fan hype factory contributed significantly to the appearance in the national title game that they, by the evidence of the final score of that game, had no business being in.

Elphenor
06-12-2014, 01:16 PM
So true about the Cowboys.

Every year it's like "Why aren't The Cowboys winning it's America's team!"

And The answer is: they just aren't any good. They're just super mediocre in every way.

Elphenor
06-12-2014, 01:20 PM
I long ago came to terms with the fact that they're a 8-8 or 9-7 kind of team.
And it will be that way until JJ finally croaks

The exploding boy
06-12-2014, 01:20 PM
No one care but I guess I've been wrong, '67 was Leafs last win, not '68

Elphenor
06-12-2014, 01:32 PM
Did you guys know that The Cowboys didn't win a single game on their first season as an NFL team?
They're the only team to ever do that.

AWWW YEAHH AMERICAS TEAM

pavementtune
06-12-2014, 01:33 PM
guuuuyyys pleeeease....
THIS IS A FOOTBALL THREAD YOU FUCKS

The exploding boy
06-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Exactly. Your point?

The exploding boy
06-12-2014, 01:36 PM
jk I think its bs that they call north American football football. you kick the fucking ball like a handful of times a game... how is that fucking football.

pavementtune
06-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Exactly. Your point?
I should have said World Cup

Elphenor
06-12-2014, 01:55 PM
It's Egghand

Trotskilicious
06-12-2014, 01:57 PM
hy do they have one of the strongest fanbase still in the NHL and are ine of the richest team in the league? It defies all reason.

btw it's because they are from the by FAR most populous city in the country. We're talking one of the ten biggest cities in the world. It makes total sense.

and AFAIK, toronto is also your media capital

i also realize that the Knicks might be the NBA equivalent of these teams but ultimately that comes down to the fact that NYC and Chicago are the two most fertile grounds for ballers, and NYK fans are die hards and the team is run badly. it's not like anyone has expectations that they are contenders any given year, it's more of a mourning about how a team in the most talented city has been so consistently underwhelming and often straight out terrible since the 90s

The exploding boy
06-12-2014, 02:00 PM
I'm really looking forward to watching Canada's team....................

I mean whenever they manage to make it to the World cup again like they did that one time in 1986. I have faith some time before I die they may make it.

The exploding boy
06-12-2014, 02:13 PM
btw it's because they are from the by FAR most populous city in the country. We're talking one of the ten biggest cities in the world. It makes total sense.

and AFAIK, toronto is also your media capital

Whoawhoa, Toronto is not in the top ten biggest cities in the world not even close. I just chekd for exact numbers, by metro area population they're 35th, by urban, 52nd. And by city proper they don't even enter the top 60. Biggest in Canada yes and likely the biggest market in the league after Chicago, NY and LA, sure. But not top ten in the world. Your point still stands, just saying...

juliana
06-12-2014, 02:20 PM
I'm really looking forward to watching Canada's team....................

I mean whenever they manage to make it to the World cup again like they did that one time in 1986. I have faith some time before I die they may make it.

For the most part, any good players will often go back to their heritage country (if there parents were born somewhere else) and play for the team there.

juliana
06-12-2014, 02:23 PM
Also, unlike england, leafs fans don't run around saying their team is better than other teams, they know their team is garbage.

The exploding boy
06-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Also, unlike england, leafs fans don't run around saying their team is better than other teams, they know their team is garbage.

That could be debated. depends who.

Eulogy
06-12-2014, 02:28 PM
yeah then definitely the Cowboys, Notre Dame* or England of their respective sport.

Dallas is "america's team" because someone in the media decided they were in the 70s (most people hate the shit out of them it seems these days) and they are relentlessly considered contenders and relevant even though they haven't been good in 20 years now.

Ultimately, I understand that the English have come to their senses about the prospects of their actual team, I still fully believe that english fans believe they <i>should</i> be much better than they actually are.

fortunately the NBA doesn't have an equivalency. Celtics and Lakers have all been relevant and won titles within the last 10 years.

*Eulogy will be here shortly to contend that because ND was in a title game within the last 5 years and this is unfair. I however contend that because the title game for college football is determined primarily by the media (2/3rds of the vote, the other third is indeed a computer which rated ND highly) that ND did not get there entirely based on merit and the media/fan hype factory contributed significantly to the appearance in the national title game that they, by the evidence of the final score of that game, had no business being in.

I don't disagree with much of what you say here, but they were 12-0 and undefeated teams are almost always hugely overrated. Their schedule wasn't soft either.

Eulogy
06-12-2014, 02:29 PM
And no one answered my question but all the models seem to be saying somewhere around 25%

duovamp
06-12-2014, 02:30 PM
They have to lock down Ronaldo to one goal and hope to slide through by tying Germany. Could happen but it's pretty fucking grim no matter what. :(

I'm Hardcore
06-12-2014, 02:35 PM
no expectation = no disappointment

that's why you Yanks should take each game as it comes, and not worry too much about that little Portuguese fuck

Eulogy
06-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Yeah my expectations are low. And probably will be forever. Still fun though.

I'm Hardcore
06-12-2014, 02:40 PM
ive said it 543 times, and i'll say it again - "anything can happen"

juliana
06-12-2014, 02:59 PM
That could be debated. depends who.

I don't know one leaf fan that that actually thinks the leafs will win. They just like watching games and hope they can get to the playoffs.

Trotskilicious
06-12-2014, 03:48 PM
i wonder how i got confused about the size of toronto

The Omega Concern
06-12-2014, 03:59 PM
Brazil has got a cool national anthem, the entire place went 2nd verse on it. How do they not win it this year?

pavementtune
06-12-2014, 04:12 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aahahaha

Marcelo, thank you

and what's up with Silva

The Omega Concern
06-12-2014, 04:15 PM
oh yea, own goals is one way to do it.

sppunk
06-12-2014, 04:16 PM
That Brazil player's life might be in serious jeopardy. Wow.

duovamp
06-12-2014, 04:21 PM
EAT IT BRAZIL.

PS call me

duovamp
06-12-2014, 04:24 PM
Neymar's all like "Fuck a dive I got dis."

pavementtune
06-12-2014, 04:24 PM
I love Pletikosa, but it smells like Brazil is going to score any minute

duovamp
06-12-2014, 04:27 PM
I love Pletikosa, but it smells like Brazil is going to score any minute

http://i.imgur.com/2tYNnrb.png

juliana
06-12-2014, 04:29 PM
Waiting for a beautiful goal from brazil.

juliana
06-12-2014, 04:30 PM
YES!

duovamp
06-12-2014, 04:33 PM
-_-;;

juliana
06-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Brazil is just getting warmed up. Woo! 3-1 brazil!

Trotskilicious
06-12-2014, 05:16 PM
ive said it 543 times, and i'll say it again - "anything can happen"

ultimately that's not true

the cup will be won by one of the cup winning countries.

anything can happen but it usually doesn't.

duovamp
06-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Gonna be so happy when Iran takes the cup and you look like an IDIOT.

absof
06-12-2014, 05:20 PM
When did Joseph Gordon-Levitt start coaching Croatia?

duovamp
06-12-2014, 05:27 PM
Today I learned where Croatia is.

absof
06-12-2014, 05:28 PM
Soft call

duovamp
06-12-2014, 05:30 PM
And this game will be tainted because that was a really, really bad dive.

juliana
06-12-2014, 05:30 PM
Goaaaal!

duovamp
06-12-2014, 05:32 PM
Yeah a total bullshit one. Utterly turrible. What a joke. I mean I know it's all a joke TOC-style but really what a joke.

pavementtune
06-12-2014, 05:36 PM
in what universe was that a deserved penalty
I don't get it

duovamp
06-12-2014, 05:38 PM
BRASIL #1 SUCH INDIVIDUAL SKILL SO FUTBOL MUCH TALENT

duovamp
06-12-2014, 05:40 PM
Operation Uranus was the codename of the Soviet strategic operation

juliana
06-12-2014, 05:50 PM
I'm psychic.

absof
06-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Brazil is just getting warmed up. Woo! 3-1 brazil!

You may be right!

juliana
06-12-2014, 05:52 PM
If they get one more it is because croatia feels so beaten.

sppunk
06-12-2014, 06:01 PM
I forgot about diving in soccer. Ugh.

juliana
06-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Lol wait till italy plays, the diving will be great!

Trotskilicious
06-12-2014, 06:38 PM
BRASIL #1 SUCH INDIVIDUAL SKILL SO FUTBOL MUCH TALENT

WOW

mxzombie
06-12-2014, 09:32 PM
that game was bullshit

should've been 2-2

hnibos
06-12-2014, 09:38 PM
Gonna be so happy when Iran takes the cup and you look like an IDIOT.

Yeah dude, anything can happen

I'm Hardcore
06-12-2014, 09:49 PM
hnibos the more you take the piss out of me, the more i want to see USA will all 3 games

I'm Hardcore
06-12-2014, 09:50 PM
anything can happen but it usually doesn't.

sometimes it does

I'm Hardcore
06-12-2014, 09:51 PM
except Australia, they wont get a point (he he he)

hnibos
06-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Ok, I'm not rooting against them.

I'm Hardcore
06-12-2014, 10:01 PM
i actually dont know why you're doing this. i mean have you ever watched a world cup before? upsets happen all the time

hnibos
06-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Yeah I shouldn't have said anything. This is a festive time!

I'm Hardcore
06-12-2014, 10:05 PM
IT IS MAN!

duovamp
06-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Go socceroos!

I'm Hardcore
06-12-2014, 10:09 PM
fuck the socceroos!! cunts!!

Cool As Ice Cream
06-13-2014, 03:28 AM
brazil should have gotten two red cards. they were playing way dirtier than croatia. what a wussy ref. i bet the brazilian maffia had his wife and children.

juliana
06-13-2014, 09:16 AM
Lol red cards, um no. Also, Brasil dominated that game.

sppunk
06-13-2014, 09:38 AM
Go Orange!

Cool As Ice Cream
06-13-2014, 09:45 AM
um, yes.
check out how neymar looks where the other guy is, elbows him in the face (clearly on purpose), and then pretends not to have seen him. that's red. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGEe_M2Zh0I
why did he even do that? i don't get it. he got away with it, with only yellow, but surely it's not smart to start collecting yellows for no reason. at the second yellow, you miss the next game.

there was another brazil player who did a wrong tackle and then added an extra kick for no other reason than trying to hurt the other guy. very obvious red.

and they didn't dominate the game all the time. there were periods where croatia was on top and brazil didn't know what to do. also, brazil hardly played their game. it was a poor game. they were just lucky the croatian goalkeeper made so many mistakes.

i'm not saying brazil couldn't have won without the many mistakes of the ref, but it would have been nicer if it had gone that way. now it just seems very unfair. and croatia certainly had a chance to win or draw, but it was taken away from them. that's the feeling you get now.

spain - netherlands tonight. i wonder what the dutch will bring. they're suspiciously quiet, i find. are they bad, and do they know it? or what's going on there?

Cool As Ice Cream
06-13-2014, 09:46 AM
Go Orange!

hup, holland, hup! oranje boven!

duovamp
06-13-2014, 10:21 AM
http://screamer.deadspin.com/brazilian-newspaper-thanks-ref-who-rewarded-dive-1590381471/+barryap

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--k_xhpAIW--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/allel3iqglhctywagw9n.jpg

pavementtune
06-13-2014, 10:25 AM
um, yes.
check out how neymar looks where the other guy is, elbows him in the face (clearly on purpose), and then pretends not to have seen him. that's red. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGEe_M2Zh0I
why did he even do that? i don't get it. he got away with it, with only yellow, but surely it's not smart to start collecting yellows for no reason. at the second yellow, you miss the next game.

there was another brazil player who did a wrong tackle and then added an extra kick for no other reason than trying to hurt the other guy. very obvious red.

and they didn't dominate the game all the time. there were periods where croatia was on top and brazil didn't know what to do. also, brazil hardly played their game. it was a poor game. they were just lucky the croatian goalkeeper made so many mistakes.

i'm not saying brazil couldn't have won without the many mistakes of the ref, but it would have been nicer if it had gone that way. now it just seems very unfair. and croatia certainly had a chance to win or draw, but it was taken away from them. that's the feeling you get now.

spain - netherlands tonight. i wonder what the dutch will bring. they're suspiciously quiet, i find. are they bad, and do they know it? or what's going on there?

that neymar slap right in the face was pretty ugly. so much for Croatia playing dirty.
Lucky bastard, a minute later he scores. I didn't catch who did it, but there was a foul on Marcelo, too, and nothing happened.

Oscar's goal was a beauty, though. All in all I enjoyed watching it, Croatia had a damn good defense.

Tonight Robben, Huntelaar.... aaah, what a team. They just have to win.

bignothing
06-13-2014, 10:46 AM
Disagree about the red, but the ref definitely favored Brazil. Not that we wouldn't have won anyway, but it lacked magic. Hopefully it'll come out next time. Neymar is being particularly dumb because last WC every match some player went IN trying to hurt him. This kind of stuff happens every time though.

http://i.imgur.com/ZUtr0Rs.gif
lol can't even hate

juliana
06-13-2014, 11:13 AM
um, yes.

I don't agree, They typically do not just hand out red cards like candy. Also, out played them. It was 60/40 possesion. The only goal croatia got was when brazil scored on their own goal.

I will be surprised if Brazil is not in the final.

juliana
06-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Disagree about the red, but the ref definitely favored Brazil. Not that we wouldn't have won anyway, but it lacked magic. Hopefully it'll come out next time. Neymar is being particularly dumb because last WC every match some player went IN trying to hurt him. This kind of stuff happens every time though.

lol can't even hate

Yup!

juliana
06-13-2014, 11:15 AM
My early prediction is spain will win but I think it will be a good game.

bignothing
06-13-2014, 11:15 AM
don't talk to me directly, thanks

juliana
06-13-2014, 11:16 AM
don't talk to me directly, thanks

Don't talk to you directly? LMAO

Trotskilicious
06-13-2014, 12:21 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/13/mexico-v-cameroon-world-cup-2014-live-report

the guardian does great work in many areas

juliana
06-13-2014, 12:38 PM
Cameroon or tie.

toase
06-13-2014, 12:44 PM
lol can't even hate

that was the best worst moment from the match

juliana
06-13-2014, 12:48 PM
Cameroon is all over the place. WAKE UP!

juliana
06-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Mexico deserves to win this game.

Mayfuck
06-13-2014, 01:30 PM
is this "goal line technology" thing for real

juliana
06-13-2014, 01:51 PM
Lol his pants are falling off, nice ass.

Trotskilicious
06-13-2014, 01:54 PM
what a save there, viva mexico

Bread Regal
06-13-2014, 02:48 PM
was pretty funny when they used it for the first time on that own goal by marcelo.

mxzombie
06-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Wish mexico had lost. That is one team i just can't get behind. Will be watching spain v netherlands while i finish the work day

Cool As Ice Cream
06-13-2014, 02:55 PM
apparently they plan to show this "goal line technology" at least once in every match with goals. even if it's a very obvious goal. just to let the audience get used to it.
it's quite funny indeed.

Bread Regal
06-13-2014, 02:56 PM
i only watched the first 30 minutes or so but from what i saw the gameplay was clean. also fuck eto'o i'm glad he lost.

Bread Regal
06-13-2014, 03:07 PM
also that linesman is blind as fuck.

Bread Regal
06-13-2014, 03:10 PM
considering there are always like 20 cameras at all of these matches, why not hire a fourth official to just watch replays on every penalty assessed by the referee. i don't believe that would disrupt play too much.

Bread Regal
06-13-2014, 03:28 PM
this officiating is really poor.

hnibos
06-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Yeah it's pretty bad. That Costa penalty was bogus.

duovamp
06-13-2014, 03:36 PM
It's so cute how none of us are used to this level of bullshit. Everyone else just treats it like the **** game it really is.

juliana
06-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Lovely dutch goal

Bread Regal
06-13-2014, 03:46 PM
that may have been the best header i've ever seen

hnibos
06-13-2014, 04:14 PM
I hate Robben he's such a diving little bitch but I fully support Spain losing

Bread Regal
06-13-2014, 04:24 PM
my stream just took a shit on me after that third goal

duovamp
06-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Get fucking wrecked Spain.

I'm Hardcore
06-13-2014, 04:30 PM
hey guys so

I'm Hardcore
06-13-2014, 04:30 PM
anything can happen

Trotskilicious
06-13-2014, 04:32 PM
this is why i love the dutch

oh we are up 3-1? MOAR GOALZ PLZ

Trotskilicious
06-13-2014, 04:33 PM
it's like how the spurs just continue to drop threes on people they are mud stomping

duovamp
06-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Conversely, that's why I hate the Dutch. :mad:

pavementtune
06-13-2014, 04:36 PM
Today people were laughing at me, I was the only one betting on the Dutch.
WHO IS LAUGHING NOW.

duovamp
06-13-2014, 04:37 PM
Okay now it's just off the fucking rails.

Bread Regal
06-13-2014, 04:37 PM
this is why i love the dutch

oh we are up 3-1? MOAR GOALZ PLZ
GRANTED

Bread Regal
06-13-2014, 04:38 PM
X2

holy shit

juliana
06-13-2014, 04:40 PM
LMAO, this spain team is sad!

Bread Regal
a righteous routing

Bread Regal
a wonderous walloping

I'm Hardcore
and you all laughed when i said it

juliana
06-13-2014, 04:44 PM
The dutch fans are bonkers lol

smashingjj
06-13-2014, 04:52 PM
jesus i was expecting humiliation

Bread Regal
06-13-2014, 04:52 PM
there was definitely humiliation today

duovamp
06-13-2014, 04:56 PM
Yeah, Matt made us look like fuckheads. Touche, sir.

TuralyonW3
06-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Well damn, look at those Dutch

juliana
06-13-2014, 05:16 PM
http://i.imgur.com/i1P9cri.png

sppunk
06-13-2014, 05:27 PM
Fuck yea Orange!

Trotskilicious
06-13-2014, 06:37 PM
so univision is showing the games for free on the internet EXCEPT THEY SPOIL IT FOR YOU BECAUSE THE INFO UPDATES BEFORE THE FEED DOES

THANKS LOTS

sppunk
06-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Nate Silver ‏@NateSilver538
The last time Spain conceded 5+ goals was June 13, 1963, in a friendly against Scotland.

Spain gave up 2 goals in the 2010 World Cup. Haha fuck them.

We're visiting very good friends in the Netherlands on two months, I hope I get to buy cool Cup swag then.

Trotskilicious
06-13-2014, 07:34 PM
i'm visiting my friends on mars next week, i'm gonna get my dick sucked

sppunk
06-13-2014, 07:37 PM
I hear Mars has a really good striker this year.

juliana
06-13-2014, 09:10 PM
so univision is showing the games for free on the internet EXCEPT THEY SPOIL IT FOR YOU BECAUSE THE INFO UPDATES BEFORE THE FEED DOES

THANKS LOTS

Cbc.ca is showing the games for free online, I think. But you might have to be in canada to view not sure.

The exploding boy
06-13-2014, 09:11 PM
For sure you do. id be offended if you don't considering all the shit I constantly CANT watch online because I'm not in the US.

duovamp
06-13-2014, 09:37 PM
vipbox.tv is every steam of every spot ever. YOU ARE WELCOME FUCKERS.

toase
06-13-2014, 10:22 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqCczkpCMAAzVhW.jpg

Heat map of the dutch x spaniards match

duovamp
06-13-2014, 10:24 PM
PLOLMDAT MCM

Trotskilicious
06-14-2014, 01:19 AM
Cbc.ca is showing the games for free online, I think. But you might have to be in canada to view not sure.

well apparently it was a temporary bug because they fixed it in time for the 3rd goal

mxzombie
06-14-2014, 06:49 AM
I was watching a high quality stream on watchespn at my office. It may have been a benefit of the internet package we have at work but i never had to calidate that i was a comcast customer. Guess i'll try again today. Otherwise tvole is a livestream aggregator

juliana
06-14-2014, 09:59 AM
well apparently it was a temporary bug because they fixed it in time for the 3rd goal

Meaning you can watch it there? If not try to get a canadian IP addy or whatever.

TuralyonW3
06-14-2014, 10:56 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqCSm50CAAAXx3S.jpg

juliana
06-14-2014, 12:44 PM
Lol

hnibos
06-14-2014, 04:44 PM
Good job CRC

hnibos
06-14-2014, 04:45 PM
I may cry if Honduras can do something like that tomorrow against France

mxzombie
06-14-2014, 05:04 PM
well-deserved win for costa rica.

juliana
06-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Hopefully Italy doesn't do something stupid. They either play amazing or retarded.

duovamp
06-14-2014, 07:54 PM
Well I'm sure my dad's side of the family is elated.

juliana
06-14-2014, 07:55 PM
WOOOO ITALY!
Oh and Rooney is a douche!

Trotskilicious
06-14-2014, 07:59 PM
Meaning you can watch it there? If not try to get a canadian IP addy or whatever.

so what happened was that as i was watching the stream on univision, which is pretty high quality, the score overlay on the page around it posted the goal before it actually happened on the stream. they did not make the same mistake for the rest of coverage, and there were two more goals.

duovamp
06-14-2014, 08:00 PM
WOOOO ITALY!
Oh and Rooney is a douche!

WAYNE

FUCKIN

ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEY

juliana
06-14-2014, 08:01 PM
He sucks! He always holds the english team back in world cup.

juliana
06-14-2014, 08:03 PM
England played well, the young players are really great.

Trotskilicious
06-14-2014, 08:06 PM
He sucks! He always holds the english team back in world cup.

did you see the part where he set up england's only goal or not

juliana
06-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Yes I did, did you see all the goals he missed and the corner he fucked up? For him that isn't good enough.

Trotskilicious
06-14-2014, 08:34 PM
i saw a lot of chances being created

Trotskilicious
06-14-2014, 08:34 PM
i also saw italy put 9 guys back

juliana
06-14-2014, 08:38 PM
I didn't think italy played well except for midfield. I actually thought they could lose or tie. They are better than last world cup though. I like englands new playing style and their youngsters are awesome. But fuck ROONEY!

Trotskilicious
06-14-2014, 08:49 PM
i didn't see the youngsters do any creating. i saw one of them miss a goal and another get set up by rooney

what did they do that was so impressive? not be wayne rooney?

Trotskilicious
06-14-2014, 08:50 PM
maybe i'm wrong but the game i watched, rooney was the only person doing anything

juliana
06-14-2014, 08:53 PM
Rooney is supposed to be the number one scorer of england.

mxzombie
06-14-2014, 08:54 PM
yes, sturridge and sterling were both impressive, quick and skillful. i sort of drifted away toward the end and didn't see much of barkley.

noyen
06-14-2014, 08:54 PM
rooney mara is amazing at foosball

juliana
06-14-2014, 08:57 PM
Japanese national anthem is lovely.

mxzombie
06-14-2014, 09:19 PM
easy peasy japanesey

Trotskilicious
06-14-2014, 10:19 PM

shows how much you know about football

juliana
06-14-2014, 10:45 PM
To recap a painful statistic for him, Rooney has yet to score in nine matches at three World Cups, despite his generally excellent goal-getting record in national colours. Thirty-nine leaves him one shy of Michael Owen and only five behind Jimmy Greaves, who he has studied in You Tube clips.

A commonly held view of him is that his best days are already behind him. Taken further, the theory is that he is now clinging to his elevated status, and trying to justify two large pay rises at Manchester United, where Van Persie is bound to be the darling of Louis van Gaal, the new manager. Rooney must have watched RVP and Van Gaal high-fiving (or high-missing) each other in the Spain-Holland game with a rueful sense of his place in the new Old Trafford hierarchy.

Rooney is in a struggle to stay relevant.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup/10900730/Wayne-Rooney-fails-to-produce-for-England-against-Italy-like-other-World-Cup-2014-stars.html

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 05:21 AM
good weekend, this

brutechinasky
06-15-2014, 08:46 AM
wayne rooney is the billy corgan of international football

Cool As Ice Cream
06-15-2014, 09:24 AM
go beligium!

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 09:32 AM

therefore he should score in every game he plays, right? the fuck outta here.

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 09:32 AM
you want to blame someone? have a look at Steven Gerrard.

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 09:39 AM
jesus christ some people are dumb. Rooney was England's top scorer in WC qualifying (7 goals), but all of a sudden he sucks? no more time will be wasted on this.

marrs-guitar
06-15-2014, 10:11 AM
jesus christ some people are dumb. Rooney was England's top scorer in WC qualifying (7 goals), but all of a sudden he sucks? no more time will be wasted on this.

You have to acknowledge the differences in quality between qualifying matches and tournament matches though.

In qualifying groups, England are always the top seed in their group so face (theoretically) weaker teams all the while. You also get half the qualifying games in your home stadium, in an environment you are fully adapted to and most comfortable in.

Rooney - and the England team as a whole - will score plenty vs Moldova and Azerbaijan, but in tournament situations, away from home, in alien conditions, and when they get drawn to play against the better nations... they struggle to score, big time, and they haven't had a striker since Michael Owen (before injuries wreaked him) who looks liable to consistently score at the top level.

Look at the last World Cup for England, they were the highest scorers in qualifying in the whole of Europe - ahead of Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, whoever - but come the tournament, out in South Africa, they scored 3 goals in 4 matches.

juliana
06-15-2014, 10:45 AM
therefore he should score in every game he plays, right? the fuck outta here.

That's his fucking job and that is his fucking position! He has NEVER scored at the world cup, get the fuck out of here!

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 10:54 AM
That's his fucking job and that is his fucking position! He has NEVER scored at the world cup, get the fuck out of here!

listen here, imbecile.

i actually PLAY this sport. i actually PLAY as a striker. I know what i'm talking about

sppunk
06-15-2014, 10:59 AM

You should probably go back to stalking people on Facebook. Matt's about to rip you apart.

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Look at the last World Cup for England, they were the highest scorers in qualifying in the whole of Europe - ahead of Germany, Holland, Italy, Spain, whoever - but come the tournament, out in South Africa, they scored 3 goals in 4 matches.

yeah totally Rooney's fault huh? In that 0-0 draw with Algeria, how many chances did Rooney get?

Most strikers are as good as the service they get. It is the only position on the field where you can literally do nothing for 10 minutes (aside from the goalkeeper, if you are playing against gimps)

juliana
06-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Lol, you know the sport, you play the sport! LOL!

That wayne rooney corner was awesome, something typical of a world cup player... not really!

The exploding boy
06-15-2014, 11:02 AM
i actually PLAY this sport. i actually PLAY as a striker. I know what i'm talking about

Yeah it's like everyone is wrong to disagree with my opinions on music because I actually PLAY instruments.

Or something.

juliana
06-15-2014, 11:03 AM
You should probably go back to stalking people on Facebook. Matt's about to rip you apart.

Lol, how is he ripping me apart, everyone is talking about rooney being shit in the world cup.

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 11:04 AM

you're blaming Rooney for the loss, and yet it is Gary Cahill's job to not lose his man in the box?

third place on the all-time goalscorer's list for Manchester United with 212, 17 league goals during the last EPL season - at a rate better than a goal every 2 games. Yeah, he "sucks" doesn't he. No, YOU get the fuck out of here.

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 11:05 AM
you trying to talk to me about football is like me trying to talk to you about social media. one person is far more qualified than the other.

juliana
06-15-2014, 11:08 AM
You have to prove yourself in the world cup. He has never scored a goal in world cup.

Rooney's defining moment last night: https://vine.co/v/MIquQEHump2

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Rooney - and the England team as a whole - will score plenty vs Moldova and Azerbaijan, but in tournament situations, away from home, in alien conditions, and when they get drawn to play against the better nations... they struggle to score, big time, and they haven't had a striker since Michael Owen (before injuries wreaked him) who looks liable to consistently score at the top level.

they. THEY. clearly not the fault of one player.

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 11:10 AM
You have to prove yourself in the world cup.

oh really? you mean, just like Ryan Giggs did?

juliana
06-15-2014, 11:10 AM
you trying to talk to me about football is like me trying to talk to you about social media. one person is far more qualified than the other.

Lol are you seriously that much of an ego maniac?

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Lol are you seriously that much of an ego maniac?

you're talking about the nuances of a sport in which you have never participated. i cant help you, i'm sorry

sppunk
06-15-2014, 11:14 AM

To be fair she sucks at that too.

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 11:16 AM
You have to acknowledge the differences in quality between qualifying matches and tournament matches though.

In qualifying groups, England are always the top seed in their group so face (theoretically) weaker teams all the while. You also get half the qualifying games in your home stadium, in an environment you are fully adapted to and most comfortable in.

without Rooney's goals, there would have been a huge chance that England didn't qualify for the tournament at all. my point is that this idiot seems to be blaming one guy for England losing. And she hasn't made a single acknowledgement towards the fact that Rooney provided the assist for Sturridge's goal, instead choosing to harp on about his "defining moment" being a terrible corner.

juliana
06-15-2014, 11:16 AM
you're talking about the nuances of a sport in which you have never participated. i cant help you, i'm sorry

https://vine.co/v/MIquQEHump2

That will be my response to you from now on.

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 11:17 AM
https://vine.co/v/MIquQEHump2

That will be my response to you from now on.

because you can't construct anything yourself, other than to recycle someone else's video? fine with me.

duovamp
06-15-2014, 11:19 AM
http://i.imgur.com/J3wif47.png?1

juliana
06-15-2014, 11:21 AM
without Rooney's goals, there would have been a huge chance that England didn't qualify for the tournament at all. my point is that this idiot seems to be blaming one guy for England losing. And she hasn't made a single acknowledgement towards the fact that Rooney provided the assist for Sturridge's goal, instead choosing to harp on about his "defining moment" being a terrible corner.

Just wait till Portugal plays, I will shit on cristiano ronaldo way more than that gargoyle, wayne rooney!

mxzombie
06-15-2014, 11:22 AM
http://i.imgur.com/J3wif47.png?1

they showed some sad guy dressed like that toward the end of the game.

pavementtune
06-15-2014, 11:26 AM
yes, sturridge and sterling were both impressive, quick and skillful. i sort of drifted away toward the end and didn't see much of barkley.

Liverpool at the World Cup!
This Sterling youngster.... what joy to watch that guy. 19, way to go.
Fair game, too.

and then I had to wait an hour to see magic man. worth it
http://contents.spin.ph/image/Didier-Drogba-061514.jpg

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 11:29 AM
Sturridge has become a really good player, since he learned to pass the ball

hnibos
06-15-2014, 11:43 AM
I heard Juliana is a hell of a retweeter

hnibos
06-15-2014, 11:44 AM
GO HONDURAS!

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 11:47 AM
GO HONDURAS!

i'd love nothing more than to see them topple France, for serious

juliana
06-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Yeah it's like everyone is wrong to disagree with my opinions on music because I actually PLAY instruments.

Or something.

Typically they don't really, but they think they do.

juliana
06-15-2014, 11:49 AM
I heard Juliana is a hell of a retweeter

Lol, that made me laugh for real. I've got great retweeting stats lmao.

i'd love nothing more than to see them topple France, for serious

Here we agree!

Eulogy
06-15-2014, 11:51 AM

that's a really lame argument, bro

not saying you're wrong just that i don't think that bolsters your stance much

sppunk
06-15-2014, 11:52 AM
GO HONDURAS!

Excited to see them destroy France.

I'm Hardcore
06-15-2014, 11:53 AM
that's a really lame argument, bro

not saying you're wrong just that i don't think that bolsters your stance much

that's great. try playing football as a striker at a high level, and see how tough it is to score every game (or even regularly)

juliana
06-15-2014, 11:55 AM
wayne rooney is the billy corgan of international football

http://i.imgur.com/cy57OMR.png

pavementtune
06-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Excited to see them destroy France.

you no love Ribery?

sppunk
06-15-2014, 12:01 PM
I no love France National Team.

Bread Regal
06-15-2014, 12:05 PM
juliana reminds me of that story i heard about vincent tan throwing a fit upon finding, when looking over the players' records, that his goalkeeper hadn't scored any goals yet.

juliana
06-15-2014, 12:10 PM
juliana reminds me of that story i heard about vincent tan throwing a fit upon finding, when looking over the players' records, that his goalkeeper hadn't scored any goals yet.

Lol are you trying to impress people? Are you someone who played football in high school too?

Bread Regal
06-15-2014, 12:10 PM
i played the trumpet in high school.

juliana
06-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Shit sorry, you know your stuff.

sppunk
06-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Why does the Canadian refer to it as football and not soccer?

Bread Regal
06-15-2014, 12:24 PM
because that's what it's called.

juliana
06-15-2014, 12:25 PM
Why is everyone so interested in anything I write? Is my wrestling persona that awesome?