View Full Version : Chicago

scottytheoneand
06-08-2014, 06:51 AM
Heading to Chicago for a few days.

Is it worth going to Zuzus? I'm not vegan and I drink coffee.

mxzombie
06-08-2014, 07:24 AM
i haven't been there, but i'd be willing to bet it's not worth it.

Order 66
06-08-2014, 09:29 AM
its okay but if you really want the full experience you need to try denzos or whatever

Eulogy
06-08-2014, 09:57 AM
No

Plenty of other things to do.

yo soy el mejor
06-08-2014, 07:50 PM
stay away.

killtrocity
06-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Heading to Chicago for a few days.

Is it worth going to Zuzus? I'm not vegan and I drink coffee.

No.

Esty
06-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Head on over to the west side. You'll love it.

Trotskilicious
06-08-2014, 10:05 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LQ488QrqGE4?***********" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm Hardcore
06-08-2014, 10:11 PM
ugh

scottytheoneand
06-08-2014, 11:10 PM
wtf are that many people doing there?

vixnix
06-08-2014, 11:24 PM
He pretty much made this place for his girlfriend who then dumped him because he couldn't keep his cock in his pants and out of other twenty something year old nymphs, didn't he. I wonder if it costs him more or less than the wrestling thing

vixnix
06-08-2014, 11:40 PM
You always defend the guy, like he's a friend...it's weird

I have no idea why he started it, it does seem like a weird venture for a guy like him - but when he opened it he was dating the half of the Veronicas whose tweets every day were about tea potions and vegan snacks...I know because at that stage I was deeply unhappy and the fact that my teenage crush who was 30 while I was at high school was now dating someone younger than me who wrote and was even proud of writing terrible, forgettable pop music, and seemed to be interested in this obviously mentally special, shallow, strumpet only because she had a hot body and looked like she was 17 really messed with me...it sent me into an existential crisis and I couldn't look away.

Anyway, it's over now, so I was just taking a punt. Like we all do. What's your beef??

Trotskilicious
06-08-2014, 11:49 PM
yeah that relationship was pretty gross

The exploding boy
06-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Its classic celebrity midlife crisis. the thing is i never expected any better from an asshat like Corgan. Its become clear to me some time in the early 2000's that id given way too much credit to this guy (then again i was young and naive). Pretty much if you're not an idiot before you become successful, you will be one after.

Order 66
06-09-2014, 12:12 AM
yeah you did alot better than he did

The exploding boy
06-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Clearly not but i'm not sure how that's relevant.

Otherwise it's akin to not being able to criticize films because i cant make one, or not being allowd to criticize music because my own sucks.

I criticize other people's lives, at no point is it implied that mine is any better. Actually if i had less standards and was less critical of others, my life would be a lot better. I envy people who don't think everyone fucking sucks.

Trotskilicious
06-09-2014, 12:27 AM
i probably would have done the same thing

scottytheoneand
06-09-2014, 12:29 AM
I had a teenage crush on Martin Gore. Should I have an existential crisis because he fucks twinks now?

The exploding boy
06-09-2014, 12:36 AM
Wait...Martin Gore IS gay? One of the greatest mystery to me had always been how it as that no one in DM was gay, especially Gore (i mean he has an ex-wife and kids). I mean id never heard anything about him even being bi.

vixnix
06-09-2014, 12:38 AM
He was the main object/subject of my escapist fantasies during the year I attempted suicide and thought most often about it. I was so miserable. I created a fantasy world where I was happy, to cope... And he was a big part of that. So it was more than a teenage crush , more like a teenage obsession. I guess the existential crisis came about because I realized the faith I had, that had sustained me through such a dark, horrible period of my life, was put in a gross, very human, man. As flawed, weak, insecure, and gross as any other human being, including me.

My existential crisis was about more than that. But I think his relationship with that little girl was part of what triggered it.

scottytheoneand
06-09-2014, 12:40 AM
Wait...Martin Gore IS gay? One of the greatest mystery to me had always been how it as that no one in DM was gay, especially Gore (i mean he has an ex-wife and kids). I mean id never heard anything about him even being bi.

Jesus christ

scottytheoneand
06-09-2014, 12:41 AM
He was the main object/subject of my escapist fantasies during the year I attempted suicide and thought most often about it. I was so miserable. I created a fantasy world where I was happy, to cope... And he was a big part of that. So it was more than a teenage crush , more like a teenage obsession. I guess the existential crisis came about because I realized the faith I had, that had sustained me through such a dark, horrible period of my life, was put in a gross, very human, man. As flawed, weak, insecure, and gross as any other human being, including me.

My existential crisis was about more than that. But I think his relationship with that little girl was part of what triggered it.

Little girl? She's 29

Trotskilicious
06-09-2014, 12:45 AM
c'maaaaan he's in depeche mode!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Tu4JbvTCfvE?t=11s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

scottytheoneand
06-09-2014, 12:45 AM
How can they all not be gay?

Lol

vixnix
06-09-2014, 12:46 AM
Yeah but she's a little girl in that Forrest Gump kind of way. Mentally a bit young I guess you could say.

scottytheoneand
06-09-2014, 12:50 AM
You know her personality, temperament and IQ? Wow.

scottytheoneand
06-09-2014, 12:52 AM
She and her sister have a successful pop career and they're nearly 30. So they must be totally ignorant and immature

vixnix
06-09-2014, 01:05 AM
Just... Check out youtube. It should answer most questions you might have about her iq and temperament

The exploding boy
06-09-2014, 01:20 AM
c'maaaaan he's in depeche mode!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Tu4JbvTCfvE?t=11s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My favorite band related quote from Venture bros is probably (from memoty)

"I was the first to play the Bauhaus"
"What does that make you, 50?"
"Nah, just cool"

Trotskilicious
06-09-2014, 01:30 AM
love that damn show

Trotskilicious
06-09-2014, 01:32 AM
She and her sister have a successful pop career and they're nearly 30. So they must be totally ignorant and immature

well you'd have to be if you make something like this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xQzif_nVt0A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trotskilicious
06-09-2014, 01:33 AM
i mean if you're an artist and that's your statement you're really immature and shallow

Trotskilicious
06-09-2014, 01:34 AM
WOMP WOMP WOMP WOMP

vixnix
06-09-2014, 01:38 AM
http://mobile.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/veronicas-singer-jessica-origliasso-to-start-tattoo-removal-treatment/story-fn907478-1226915742053

Wonder if she's having her billy corgan tat removed...

The apex of her intellectual achievements was reached during a concert, where she acted out a paddling motion while she sang "my heart is like a boat, sailing after you"

Not sure what the trump card is there
Cliche
Tired simile
Paddling a sailboat

Trotskilicious
06-09-2014, 01:40 AM
i mean seriously scott do you need us to draw you a diagram

sppunk
06-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Table 52 is very good.

The exploding boy
06-09-2014, 02:54 PM
You guys are all forgetting that she sucked very good cock.

Trotskilicious
06-09-2014, 03:04 PM
and ultimately isn't that all women are good for

scottytheoneand
06-09-2014, 03:07 PM
i mean seriously scott do you need us to draw you a diagram

they've been smart enough to make a living off their "music" for quite a while. I'm not going to criticize them for being ignorant little girls. They're 29 year olds in the music business and they seem to have found a market where they can sell their shitty derivative pop songs. I have no problems calling their music terrible, though.

Vix is talking about her like she's a retarded 13 year old and billy was a pedo. how old was Jessica Simpson when bill dated her? I think about the same age as the Veronica. While she used to get a lot of media flack for being a dumb blonde Simpson is now a billionaire.

if you're only now in the last few years having a crisis because of bill's taste in women you must not of been paying attention, because he's got a long history of dating unlikeable celebrities.

D.
06-09-2014, 03:41 PM
It's not even in Chicago proper. You have to drive a ways to get there. And none of the food or tea I ordered was especially great. I mean, I forgot which tea I took to go but it was pretty good. Not "trek to the suburbs" good but it was fine. I went just as a fun trip before driving back to KC; I wouldn't make a plan to go or anything if I were you.

Trotskilicious
06-09-2014, 03:51 PM
Vix is talking about her like she's a retarded 13 year old and billy was a pedo. how old was Jessica Simpson when bill dated her? I think about the same age as the Veronica. While she used to get a lot of media flack for being a dumb blonde Simpson is now a billionaire.

if you're only now in the last few years having a crisis because of bill's taste in women you must not of been paying attention, because he's got a long history of dating unlikeable celebrities.

oh no you got a point there

i'm just saying their music sucks and tbh it doesn't take smarts to make it for a time in this business, they have handlers, they can sing, they're twins and they are obscenely good looking.