View Full Version : I like the new Paramore song

bye june
06-05-2014, 06:20 PM
idgaf
:)

bye june
06-05-2014, 06:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFEmTsfFL5A

I've never really been that into Paramore but I really like this song.
It's very poppy and radio ready which usually isn't my thing but it's really catchy and I've caught myself singing/humming it for months.

bye june
06-05-2014, 06:26 PM
I went through some of their older videos too and found a few things here and there that I like as well.

Elphenor
06-05-2014, 07:05 PM
That song that goes:

"You are,
The only exception"

Strikes an emotional chord in me which is more than most radio music does.
So I like them.

Trotskilicious
06-05-2014, 07:16 PM
i hate paramore, i made a thread about it i think. i really fucking hate that song still into you

i also hate that she used the label to fire her band, that she grew up with, as soon as the band blew up, and that's basically the shittiest thing you can do in the world

Trotskilicious
06-05-2014, 07:18 PM
sorry i forgot. she was so intolerable as a person that they quit rather than spend their lives riding her coat tails

"Josh Farro wrote a personal response on the departure on his Blogger account, entirely different from the band's response, claiming that the band was "a manufactured product of a major-label." He further accused Hayley Williams of being manipulated by her management, treating the rest of the group as her solo project, and claimed she was the only member of the band who was signed to Atlantic Records, while her bandmates were simply "riding on the coattails of her dream"."

Elphenor
06-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Did Billy Corgan say that?

Elphenor
06-05-2014, 07:21 PM
I NEVER NEEDED YOU IM THE REAL TALENT GO FUCK YOURSELVES

Trotskilicious
06-05-2014, 07:27 PM
pretty sure he did for sure at least a thousand times

Trotskilicious
06-05-2014, 07:32 PM
i think ultimately i don't think this is the worst band in the world right now, it's definitely vampire weekend or something but i do still dislike how it's nothing but paint-by-numbers pop music and she's fronting like she's punk rock making rock music in a band when she's not really any different than any other pop star except that she has sub dermals, edgy hair and "rock guitars"

that's what pisses me off about paramore

bye june
06-05-2014, 07:35 PM
It is weird that she is the only one signed to the label and it's sad that they broke up having grown up in the band together.

Trotskilicious
06-05-2014, 07:36 PM
the only explanation for that is that she became incredibly intolerable i mean i'd expect most people to put up with any goddamn thing for this kind of career.

of course they are young and therefore stupid, and this josh guy could be naive and delusional enough to think he'd get another shot at the big time

Elphenor
06-05-2014, 07:37 PM
I would never listen to them by choice but when I hear one of their hits over my work's radio I don't want to remove my ears and that's pretty rare when it comes to radio.

bye june
06-05-2014, 07:46 PM
Like I said they aren't really the type of band or music I would listen to...but I'm addicted to that song. Her vocals are really great and so is the chorus.

slunken
06-05-2014, 07:46 PM
but i do still dislike how it's nothing but paint-by-numbers pop music and she's fronting like she's punk rock making rock music in a band when she's not really any different than any other pop star except that she has sub dermals, edgy hair and "rock guitars"

that's what pisses me off about paramore

Also see "the pretty reckless"

slunken
06-05-2014, 07:48 PM
I have to hear that fucking song like 3 times a day. Can't wait for it to fall of the charts and for her to vanish.

fuzzyroes
06-05-2014, 08:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFEmTsfFL5A

I've never really been that into Paramore but I really like this song.
It's very poppy and radio ready which usually isn't my thing but it's really catchy and I've caught myself singing/humming it for months.

that songs terrible man

fuzzyroes
06-05-2014, 08:04 PM
Also see "the pretty reckless"

Pretty reckless is boring ass dad rock, but it's still better than that Paremore song "aint it fun" that I just checked out due to Bye-Junes recommendation

bye june
06-05-2014, 08:07 PM
I've gotta listen to a little pop every once in a while.
I kinda get tired sometimes of the weird obscure shit I normally listen to.

The exploding boy
06-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Anyone who's ever bought a record of this piece of shit band with that Avril LAvignesque piece of shit lead singer should ___ __________

Fill in the blanks.

bye june
06-06-2014, 12:15 AM
Anyone who's ever herped a derped of this piece of derp band with that herp derp piece of derp lead herper should herp de derp.

Herp in the derps.

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 12:18 AM
that songs terrible man

says the goo goo dolls fan

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 12:18 AM

try robyn, janelle monae, maybe charli xcx from her solo work and not fucking FANCEE

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 12:19 AM
i guess janelle is probably more of r&b

but yeah, robyn.

bye june
06-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Res is an artist that I came across a few months ago.
It's like R&B/Hip-Hop but a little more alternative.
Female alternative R&B sorta interests me. Like that fast pretty singing but with cool music.

bye june
06-06-2014, 12:28 AM
I really like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJdL65gSzzg

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 12:28 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pwnefUaKCbc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oh so you want alternative R&B? well janelle is like, right up your alley.

bye june
06-06-2014, 12:36 AM
That was neat, kinda weird.

I saw her on Jools Holland and was a little intrigued.

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 01:20 AM
she's so awesome and weird, AAA+ big boi found her. honorary dungeon family

pavementtune
06-06-2014, 01:41 AM
SADE Adu

my queen of R&B

bye june
06-06-2014, 01:52 AM
I like Sade too

The exploding boy
06-06-2014, 02:21 AM
Smooth Operator (the record) is an instant time warp for me, my mom played that in the car a lot in the 80's. She had/has such a good voice. The kind you don't hear a lot anymore.

fuzzyroes
06-06-2014, 08:13 AM

Nothing wrong with pop at all. In fact I love a lot of it. But that Paramore song doesn't even have a good hook or anything. Katy Perry hits blow that track outta the water.

I was listening to a bunch of "vintage" Madonna the other day, really enjoyable stuff.

Good musics just good music.

Check out Sonic Youth covering Madonnas get into the groove, fucking sweet man

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EUCLoPFvNKY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

fuzzyroes
06-06-2014, 08:30 AM
says the goo goo dolls fan

Not a fan really. Last album I listened to by them was the one with Slide and that City of Angels single. They've had some solid singles over the years though. Guilty pleasures, sure. But I still think some of their early stuff holds up really well. They have enough good stuff to make for a really enjoyable concert.

This was a nice, enjoyable, semi recent song

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/eeBE5DJTmmk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pavementtune
06-06-2014, 11:05 AM
Smooth Operator (the record) is an instant time warp for me, my mom played that in the car a lot in the 80's. She had/has such a good voice. The kind you don't hear a lot anymore.

I saw her again on the 2011 tour, she still has a good voice. Choreographed entertainment show, but I really enjoyed it, it seemed everyone there did. An audience and atmosphere like that is rare.

They don't make singers like her anymore.
(Also god damn, how can you look like that at 52.)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yvn1oOs3aOI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The exploding boy
06-06-2014, 11:12 AM
Oh i know iv'e always said that. I don't know what special juice she drinks but she ages more slwoly than anyone. I remember seeing her on tv in the late 90s and thinking that, then in the mid 2000s, then a few years ago on her tour poster (though probably promo pictures should never be trusted too much)

pavementtune
06-06-2014, 11:18 AM
She does look as beautiful as on promo pictures.
And she is so full of life somehow, and sexy, and... okay I stop now.

bye june
06-06-2014, 11:22 AM
Nothing wrong with pop at all. In fact I love a lot of it. But that Paramore song doesn't even have a good hook or anything. Katy Perry hits blow that track outta the water.

I was listening to a bunch of "vintage" Madonna the other day, really enjoyable stuff.

Good musics just good music.

Check out Sonic Youth covering Madonnas get into the groove, fucking sweet man

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/EUCLoPFvNKY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I actually have the Ciccone Youth album, I love Sonic Youth.

bye june
06-06-2014, 11:25 AM
Speaking of Sade, I really enjoy Seal. My dad listened to him alot when I was little so it's engraved in me.

duovamp
06-06-2014, 06:26 PM
try robyn, janelle monae, maybe charli xcx from her solo work and not fucking FANCEE

Uuuuunnnhhhhhh Charli is my fuckin jam this summer. Can't stop listening to True Romance.

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 07:30 PM
nuclear seasons is fucking ridiculous

i really hate the fact that her breakthru is singing the hook on Fancy.

also i hate the fact that i missed her at a small venue here pre-Fancy because i was too embarassed to be a fan of Charli XCX in public. i have the same issue with Robyn.

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 07:33 PM
also my friend works at said venue so i figured he'd make fun of me if i showed up with all the teenage girls to see someone who is known to do a cover of the backstreet boys

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 07:35 PM
also black roses is a serious jam

duovamp
06-06-2014, 07:41 PM
I KNOW. First song I heard of hers was "What I Like," immediately pirated the album, after "Nuclear Seasons" as the first track, she had me. God, I really wish I knew about her sooner. I bet her shows would be so geeeeeeeewwwddd. From her interviews, her album is going to be really "poptastic." And I don't take that in a cheeky way. :/

Superlove is incredible, if shallow, but a hell of a groove. "Boom Clap" sounds like I'm going to be really disappointed and she sold out hard.

duovamp
06-06-2014, 07:42 PM
also black roses is a serious jam

YES. GOD YES.

duovamp
06-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Black Roses in the last week has been my favorite song from it. Last week it was Nuclear Seasons.

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 07:57 PM
it's hard out here for a bitch

duovamp
06-06-2014, 08:17 PM
Let's just take a second to appreciate her in that dress in the "Superlove" vid.

Okay.

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 08:20 PM
oh my god superlove has a reference to leonard cohen

i just love her

The Omega Concern
06-06-2014, 09:15 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wrCxfWVuDXU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Impressive. She's a very disciplined vocalist.

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 09:22 PM
yeah big fucking deal

duovamp
06-06-2014, 09:27 PM
She's a record company tool, like a guitar is to a guitarist. She's a fabulous instrument. Congratulations to her.

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 09:32 PM
i mean besides the fact that we just were talking about about a half dozen vocalists or more that are every bit as "impressive" as she is, and a whole lot more interesting to boot

The exploding boy
06-06-2014, 10:16 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wrCxfWVuDXU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Impressive. She's a very disciplined vocalist.

This is called horrible singing in my world.

This is to pop singing what a nickelback riff is to playing guitar. Generic as shit.

I mean it's ok to like Paramore as long we're clear this is souless shit music.

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 10:25 PM
look at that idiotic scarf. it's like she's an extraterrestrial that is trying to mimic rock culture

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 10:27 PM
charli xcx is more rock and roll than hyayeyley wyillyims

The exploding boy
06-06-2014, 10:34 PM
look at that idiotic scarf. it's like she's an extraterrestrial that is trying to mimic rock culture

Yeah well she is a clueless provincial hick from mississippi. She wouldn't know cool if it rubbed its balls on her face.

(I mean it's ok to be from mississippi, as long as we're clear that makes you a clueless hick)

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 10:46 PM
she's from tennessee

Trotskilicious
06-06-2014, 10:46 PM
actually i think she was originally signed to be a country singer, a la avril

i just realized that hayley wyllyms is just an avril knockoff.

D.
06-06-2014, 11:03 PM
i think ultimately i don't think this is the worst band in the world right now, it's definitely vampire weekend or something

http://i61.tinypic.com/30lfjaw.jpg

Sonic Johnny
06-06-2014, 11:46 PM
Sorry D but Vampire Weekend sucks bad

The Omega Concern
06-07-2014, 12:17 AM
This is called horrible singing in my world.

This is to pop singing what a nickelback riff is to playing guitar. Generic as shit.

I mean it's ok to like Paramore as long we're clear this is souless shit music.

What world do you sing in? the loser muso b.s. one? sounds like it to me.

Lots of ways to cut the path, but you deny that she found her own voice and style and its unique to her. I disagree. She delivers what the song needed. Period. Any musician with half a brain toward production can judge an artist on what they're trying to deliver for themselves without any preconceived notions.

That take of hers has force and is yet restrained and not over sung. The last note of the recurring lyric "After all this time" in her low octave range is not easy to pull off in key as consistently as she does on the song (under the gun, in a 'A' studio with a big phat expensive meter running). That ability allowed the producers to put the dry take on the track with no melodyne. That's a big reason the song stuck out in today's pop music autotuned world. It's natural by comparison.

Trotskilicious
06-07-2014, 12:32 AM
not oversung? are you serious?

the fuck are you talking about autotune for

duovamp
06-07-2014, 09:20 AM
I was going to say something about being careful with Vampire Weekend in case D. sees.

Now look what you've done. :(

The exploding boy
06-07-2014, 12:38 PM
actually i think she was originally signed to be a country singer, a la avril

i just realized that hayley wyllyms is just an avril knockoff.

Yeah i i said that somewhere above.

Also i guess she was born in Mississippi but mainly lived in Tennessee. For all the difference that it makes when it comes to being a hick.

The exploding boy
06-07-2014, 12:48 PM
What world do you sing in? the loser muso b.s. one? sounds like it to me.

Lots of ways to cut the path, but you deny that she found her own voice and style and its unique to her. I disagree. She delivers what the song needed. Period. Any musician with half a brain toward production can judge an artist on what they're trying to deliver for themselves without any preconceived notions.

That take of hers has force and is yet restrained and not over sung. The last note of the recurring lyric "After all this time" in her low octave range is not easy to pull off in key as consistently as she does on the song (under the gun, in a 'A' studio with a big phat expensive meter running). That ability allowed the producers to put the dry take on the track with no melodyne. That's a big reason the song stuck out in today's pop music autotuned world. It's natural by comparison.

blahblahblahIreallywanttofuckHayleyWilliamsblahbla hblah

That song stands out in today's pop music world? No see it blends in perfectly , which is why it's getting airplay.

I know what she's trying to deliver, something that will make money. I suppose there's nothing fundamentally wrong with that but don't try to pretend it isn't your average boring commercial dogshit.

And don't call me a muso.

D.
06-07-2014, 06:16 PM
I was going to say something about being careful with Vampire Weekend in case D. sees.

Now look what you've done. :(

^^^

http://i43.tinypic.com/358nnts.jpg

Trotskilicious
06-07-2014, 06:52 PM
hipster hitler and the pitchfork darling. way to be D. Way to be.

Trotskilicious
06-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Vampire Wehrmacht

slunken
06-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Vampire Wehrmacht

Hahahahahahahaha

D.
06-07-2014, 07:21 PM
I'm the me-est me I could possibly be :smoke:

Trotskilicious
06-09-2014, 01:43 PM
since this is now the pop music thread

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/om7zg-M0rZM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOOK OUT SHE SAYS "FUCK"

hnibos
06-09-2014, 02:14 PM
The only Vampire Weekend song I like is

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rtrxU2NFKhs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

because it's on FIFA 14 so it's associated with a positive experience.

Since this is a pop music thread, I really like the Lorde song where it sounds like they sampled the goat that says "yeah" :blush:

D.
06-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Oh my god I love worship you. Newest album is amazing.

Trotskilicious
06-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Pitchfork Album of the Year

The Best of the Best New Music

D.
06-09-2014, 03:20 PM
I fuuuuckin hate you trots!!!!!!? √√√√√√ :mad:

Trotskilicious
06-09-2014, 03:38 PM
LICKIN THAT PITCHFORK DEEEYYYUUUUCKKKK

D.
06-09-2014, 04:33 PM