View Full Version : Clothes

Pages : [1] 2

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 11:12 PM
Do you wear them?
What kind do you wear?

I like dress shirts and the color black.

reprise85
06-04-2014, 12:00 AM
i wear shirts and pants.

vixnix
06-04-2014, 12:56 AM
I hate them and I wish I could stay home in leggings, t-shirts & cardies forever because I'm fat.

Elphenor
06-04-2014, 02:01 AM
Thread is off to a roaring start

The exploding boy
06-04-2014, 02:15 AM
I have two pairs of jeans, maybe 10 tshirts of varied colors that i wear regularly (more that i never wear anymore) and about three hoodies that i'm ok with wearing in public (more that i only wear at home).

the only thing i truly care about is jackets and coats. I have a lot of these of any kind (well by a lot i mean about a dozen).

Shoes wise I've essentially not worn anything other than converse (not totally true but nearly) in 13 years because they look good with anything and i don't like shopping for shoes. Even in winter i go out in converse (of course that means they last about a year). I even have converse winter boots if i really need boots.

That's clothes and me. Oh and i wear two or three types of hats mainly because i don't wash my hair everyday and that's the only way to hide its nastiness when its dirty.

Shallowed
06-04-2014, 02:27 AM
I've started buying my own clothes more recently, but there's a frustrating lack of shit that I like. It feels like literally 99% of men's fashion stores that I check out, all of the stuff is black, brown or grey. The divide between men's and women's sections are stark.

Also this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_vGLo_VTVv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SuckSuckStyle
06-04-2014, 03:00 AM
i wear as little clothing as possible. mainly because i live on the equator. if i'm home i'm generally topless. sometimes at work, too, when i can get away with it.

i have three pairs of shorts. All of them have been stitched/repaired/stained. One pair is unwearable atm (need to patch the ass).

an assortment of plain shirts. really plain. solid coloured tshirts. one plaid shirt i got at a garage sale when i was 11.

2 tank tops

i have one pair of pants, a raincoat, puff jacket, and a hole-y cardigan that i found in a stairwell.

that's all my clothes.

Cool As Ice Cream
06-04-2014, 04:14 AM
i wear crap clothes
trousers, t-shirt, some cheap jumper, that's it
i try not to wear things with holes in them, but i don't really care that much

Elphenor
06-04-2014, 04:19 AM
What time is is where you are Bram?

You always start posting about 1am my time

Cool As Ice Cream
06-04-2014, 04:21 AM
it is now 10:21am.

Elphenor
06-04-2014, 04:22 AM
Neat.

Cool As Ice Cream
06-04-2014, 04:30 AM
i'm in +<fucking>1 and you must be in -8.
i often start posting earlier though. work starts at 8, aka 11pm.

killtrocity
06-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Basketball shorts and sweatpants every day. Tight ass jeans and dress shirts for professional settings.

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 11:39 AM
black on black on black like maybachs on bachs on bachs

duovamp
06-04-2014, 11:43 AM
To work I dress like a professional with a stupid tie and bullshit
At home pj pants, undershirt from work, shorts, cross-dressed, w/e

bye june
06-04-2014, 12:03 PM
I'm getting into A-shirts (aka wife beaters) because drumming and guitaring makes you SWEAT!

pavementtune
06-04-2014, 12:07 PM
hoodies for work foreverrr
no idea what to wear in my fourties. pinkish cashmere cardigans.

http://www.titus.de/product-images/details/Billabong/Zip-Hoodie/Barbara_774320.jpg

pavementtune
06-04-2014, 12:09 PM
also what is it with you guys wearing sweatpants and undershirts at home.
snob alarm, but seriously, would you like your partner always in slob style at home...

this is vixnix

The exploding boy
06-04-2014, 12:28 PM
snob alarm, but seriously, would you like your partner always in slob style at home...

Pretty much the case here.

I don't care. I don't expect her to wear makeup and be in actual clothes if we're not going anywhere and she pretty much doesn't ever. Part of the point of having a place of your own is so you can do whatever the fuck you want while there. That's part of being comfortable at home, wearing what you want.

The truth is i'm often partially naked at home. Though i've never owned undershirts.

Like right now i'm typing this sitting in bed with a tshrit on and NOTHING ELSE. That's right i said it and now forced everyone to uncomfortably picture it mentally. Now maybe ill head to the kitchen and stand in front of the kitchen window for a bit hoping a neighbor will pass by so i can wave at them while pretending nothing is weird.

pavementtune
06-04-2014, 12:33 PM
do you work from home?

and yea, of course it's nice to wear whatthefuckyouwant at home, I just find sweatpants extremely unattractive. I don't think I would like getting used to a partner wearing them at home all the time. Never lived with sweatpants guys.

bye june
06-04-2014, 12:55 PM
Only pants I own are jeans...I never wear sweatpants.

The exploding boy
06-04-2014, 01:11 PM
do you work from home?

and yea, of course it's nice to wear whatthefuckyouwant at home, I just find sweatpants extremely unattractive. I don't think I would like getting used to a partner wearing them at home all the time. Never lived with sweatpants guys.

Yes. If we can call what i do work. I mean, i don't have one specific thing i'd consider my "job". I'm "self employed" and earn a living through a bunch of different things. Some of which is online, and if it isn't, it generally at least requires me to be on a computer. The only thing that requires me to leave home is when i do medical trials (about once every two months) or some infrequent things like playtests or what i call craiglist's poor desperate people listings (the stuff generally advertised in etc on CL which covers a wide range of generally one time cash earning opportunities). I piece together a living, is what i'd say.

And the reason is that simply put, i'm too mentally fucked (surprise surprise) to hold down an actual job (and have otherwise no qualifications).

And yeah I know you JUST asked if i worked from home.

About sweatpants. Actually i don't really wear those. Its either pyjama bottoms, boxers or worse than all those, in winter, sometimes..................just long johns (the horror, hows THAT for unattractive)

pavementtune
06-04-2014, 01:23 PM
You probably heard the theory that hanging around slob style all day and not getting out of your jamas is counterproductive for depression and panic issues.

So I don't have to mention it.

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 01:28 PM
i'd wear more button ups but i am a fat piece of shit that is constantly expanding so i tend to troutmouth that shit real bad and it feels also like i am a sausage in a casing so i generally just wear polos

jeans

tennies (adidas and puma)

want some docs again

i have a thing for nice socks, argyle i wear them with tennies and jeans

mostly grey, black, white stuff. but i do have some color

lots of tees at home, i try to wear something with a collar if i'm at work or going out on the town

i love the winter because as a huge fat piece of garbage the winter allows me to at least wear really nice things without having to worry about troutmouthing or the etc

also i like hats. skullies in the winter, cabbie hats because that's what fat hipsters think looks good and also baseball hats with logos for teams that don't play baseball. no really. my favorite hat right now is a New Era 59Fifty style which is the official hat of major league boringball, but it's just got the San Antonio Spurs spur logo on it. well this is all probably nonsense to no sports apparel fans so, it's exactly this:

EDIT well fucking forget it apparently they don't sell it anymore and i dgaf

and yes, i wear the brim flat and yes i have the NBA Hologram sticker on the underside of it, but no the hat sizing sticker you see in the photo has been removed

The exploding boy
06-04-2014, 01:32 PM
You probably heard the theory that hanging around slob style all day and not getting out of your jamas is counterproductive for depression and panic issues.

So I don't have to mention it.

If only that was all that stood between me and a happy productive life..

Though in movies when a guy is depressed, they just wear a bathrobe. I don't even have a bathrobe. THATS HOW FAR DOWN I AM, NORMAL PEOPLE OWN BATHROBES!

Maybe that's where i should start. Getting a bathrobe.

yo soy el mejor
06-04-2014, 01:53 PM
hoodies for work foreverrr
no idea what to wear in my fourties. pinkish cashmere cardigans.

http://www.titus.de/product-images/details/Billabong/Zip-Hoodie/Barbara_774320.jpg

hey, that's pretty cute.

i prefer pullover hoodies. the zippered ones always create a big ol' lump when i sit. i always end up messing and poking at it.

yo soy el mejor
06-04-2014, 01:55 PM
do you work from home?

i really feel this.

duovamp
06-04-2014, 01:56 PM
I used to change out of dress pants into jeans around the house, but the problem that created was I started wearing out jeans too fast.

sppunk
06-04-2014, 03:16 PM
I wear a suit every weekday for the most part. When I get home I usually change into chinos and a tshirt.

If I'm not working I wear khakis and button-up shirts 95 percent of the time, regardless if I'm hone or out and about.

scottytheoneand
06-04-2014, 03:21 PM
I wear business attire at work. Mostly Banana republic because I get 50% off at Gap stores.

My wife wears mostly lululemon, which to me all looks the same. yoga pants and tight hoodies.

sppunk
06-04-2014, 03:45 PM
Lululemon's are crazy.

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 04:01 PM
isn't that the manufacturer that responded to customer complaints that the pants were too see thru with "you're too fat to wear our yoga pants"

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 04:01 PM
if we're talking designers i like liz claiborne and kenneth cole but i'm way too punk rock for labels, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

The exploding boy
06-04-2014, 04:15 PM
isn't that the manufacturer that responded to customer complaints that the pants were too see thru with "you're too fat to wear our yoga pants"

Nobody fat, man or woman, should wear very tight clothing though, that's for sure.

But also, no one should wear lululemon.

and with this I surely endeared myself even more to scotty.

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 04:27 PM
nobody likes scotty we're not sure why he keeps posting here

The exploding boy
06-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I thought that was me.

The exploding boy
06-04-2014, 04:36 PM
At least we have this in common. this is how the best friendships are built.

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 04:44 PM
i like you okay i just think you have to work on not being so curmudgeonly at your young age i mean jeez, i remember when we were in our early twenties and you were just as cranky and curmudgeonly then if anything you're more of a sour old crank before your time

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 04:45 PM
http://tbo.com/news/business/lululemon-founder-apologizes-20131111/

and yes it was lululemon

duovamp
06-04-2014, 04:50 PM
My girlfriend wanted to get a job there over the summer.

That pretty much sums it up.

sppunk
06-04-2014, 04:51 PM
If any guys here are into fashion and/or need to dress well for whatever purposes I highly recommend Trunk Club. I joined a few months back and they are great. Pricey but very good at what they do.

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 05:26 PM
pretty sure you and scott are the only upper middle class types left

The exploding boy
06-04-2014, 05:26 PM
i like you okay i just think you have to work on not being so curmudgeonly at your young age i mean jeez, i remember when we were in our early twenties and you were just as cranky and curmudgeonly then if anything you're more of a sour old crank before your time

See that's funny cause i don't remember that but I do think you're remembering it right. I think I was like that but didn't realize it and didn't realize that's what was so offputting to some people (now I do of course)

I think i'm mainly remembering my very early forum days when I just really wanted to be liked and was kind of a whiny wimpy almost-hippy type.... I was so new to the interwebs then. I'd had it for maybe like 6 months if even. I honestly think you might be the first person who ever confronted me about anything online. At least the first i remember. I didn't realize how good I had it then because I didn't yet know that most people who would get into arguments with me on the interwebs would in majority be complete morons (well I mean more than I am). Then again with them you don't have to argue much anything, they tend to just kinda sink their own boat.

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 05:30 PM
i'm basing your cumudgeonlyness off of being astonished that you refused to see the LOTR movies on account of the fact that it would be different than what you imagined and it would ruin that connection you had with the book

duovamp
06-04-2014, 05:33 PM
I don't like him because of his low post count.

scottytheoneand
06-04-2014, 05:34 PM

yes. it's like a cult and they have brainwashed my wife.

nobody likes scotty we're not sure why he keeps posting here

I know you would like to think that but it's not true. I have at least one friend.

scottytheoneand
06-04-2014, 05:38 PM
If any guys here are into fashion and/or need to dress well for whatever purposes I highly recommend Trunk Club. I joined a few months back and they are great. Pricey but very good at what they do.

isn't that one of the sites you have to "register" for before you can see what they have to sell?

do they do Tall sizes in dress shirts?

vixnix
06-04-2014, 06:22 PM
just go to singapore and find a tailor like everyone else

pavementtune
06-04-2014, 06:44 PM
Women are usually more into shopping for clothes (they don't need), so you'd think the stores would try to make the customers as comfortable as possible.
Good employees who actually know the difference between fabrics, the music not on a volume that you immediately want to run, a nice store design. But no.

I feel more comfortable in menswear stores. They have all of that, maybe because it's harder to keep guys in it for longer than 5 minutes. The only womenswear stores I can tolerate are small boutique type shops, but there are less and less of them.

tl;dr - looking for men's clothes is more enjoyable.

http://lineageofinfluence.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/atelier-akeef-berlin-menswear-1_goedke_k.jpg

sppunk
06-04-2014, 06:51 PM
isn't that one of the sites you have to "register" for before you can see what they have to sell?

do they do Tall sizes in dress shirts?

They send you clothes based on your measurements, conversations with your personal designer, and other factors like season, needs relating to lifestyle, etc.

I have a few custom-made suits. I wish they were easier to get here. I default to Charles Tyrwhitt usually for suits.

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 06:57 PM
pave if you want boutiques you need to get out to some of these hiptropolises like austin or brooklyn or portland or whatever, they're a dime a dozen and change every six to nine months

vixnix
06-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Boutiques are horrible tho because they pressure you for a sale straight away, because most of them have a lower turnover - as much as it pains me to say it, I get all of my clothes from department stores because they're big enough to carry major designers and affordable lines, have roomy dressing rooms, and are usually busy enough that you can browse undisturbed, until you want help. And you can get everything in the one spot - so if you need makeup or shoes, or a bra, or swimmers & a beach towel, or even a frying pan or a toaster, you don't have to waste a couple of days looking for it all - just one afternoon in the one store and you can get everything. And they're usually in a mall so if things need to be altered you can drop them off on the way to the car park.

vixnix
06-04-2014, 07:22 PM
confessions of a boring mainstream suburban mum :(

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 07:35 PM
i'm telling you places like austin and portland have the boutiques you want, i think

pavementtune
06-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Boutiques are horrible tho because they pressure you for a sale straight away, because most of them have a lower turnover .
Somehow that hardly ever happens to me. If I don't go in for a specific item (THIS jacket in medium) I say straight away that I'd like to look around to get an idea. Usually they don't bother me then unless I ask something.

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 07:44 PM
that never happens to you because this is yet another example of vixnix extending probably one experience in her life into some kind of universal truism and ultimately has more to do with her own personal unhappiness and insecurity than anything observant about the world around her

vixnix
06-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Somehow that hardly ever happens to me. If I don't go in for a specific item (THIS jacket in medium) I say straight away that I'd like to look around to get an idea. Usually they don't bother me then unless I ask something.

it's probs the german accent...

vixnix
06-04-2014, 08:16 PM
no, I'm kidding...I consider even an initial approach sales pressure though. It makes me uncomfortable to look around a store if I'm the only one in there, and the salesperson is right there in the same feckin' space, not obviously busy with actual work. And if I stay longer than a couple of minutes then they approach again...it's so awkward when I'm trying to the mad calculations of quality vs. affordability vs. item longevity vs. budget accountability and that's without even trying it on. Argh.

Not that I've been in a store like that for ages, Trots is right. To dosed up on mood drugs to care about how much I'm eating, to be anywhere near boutique stores!

sppunk
06-04-2014, 08:23 PM
How dare employees in small specialized stores be helpful to customers.

vixnix
06-04-2014, 08:24 PM
they're actually helping themselves...to my money. I don't need their help! I'm fine working things out for myself. And if I did need help I wouldn't ask for it from someone with a vested interest in me spending money... :/

pavementtune
06-04-2014, 08:26 PM
I get like that at car dealers and rentals. And wine stores. Basically when I feel insecure like I don't belong there and think the salesperson can see it on my forehead and I'm an easy target to sell me anything.

vixnix
06-04-2014, 08:28 PM
yeah that sounds about exactly right

which only confirms my suspicions that they're hardly trying to help me!!

sppunk
06-04-2014, 08:31 PM
they're actually helping themselves...to my money. I don't need their help! I'm fine working things out for myself. And if I did need help I wouldn't ask for it from someone with a vested interest in me spending money... :/

So if you need help at a grocery or hardware store you ask a random stranger and not an employee. Good life you live.

bignothing
yeah I'm with vixnix on this one. If I go with a friend, then yeah no big deal, but if I'm shopping alone it generally means I wanna wander around and not talk to anyone/feel pressure.

Also, lol, yeah sure, looks great:

http://i.imgur.com/Mskt435.png

vixnix
Except that my Confucian hatred for merchants just makes me clam up and go cold and run away rather than hand my money over

I think the fact that the salespeople in boutique stores remind me of the nastiest kind of girl from my all girls high school doesn't help them much. I don't feel any sympathy for them if they put the pressure on

vixnix
06-04-2014, 08:33 PM
oh well hardware and groceries are different - my Dad had a workshop full of tools and enjoyed carpentry so I know I can always ask him, and I don't need any help with groceries, but grocery store employees aren't paid on commission so I wouldn't mind asking them anyway

sppunk
06-04-2014, 09:00 PM
oh well hardware and groceries are different - my Dad had a workshop full of tools and enjoyed carpentry so I know I can always ask him, and I don't need any help with groceries, but grocery store employees aren't paid on commission so I wouldn't mind asking them anyway

Many boutiques are commission-based.

The exploding boy
06-04-2014, 09:10 PM
I never ask for help anywhere and if offered, I don't take it. But that might be a social anxiety problem. If I can't find it, too fucking bad. Going home empty handed.

But yeah I hate pressure sales. A few months back my modem stops working, I call Bell, they tell me to go pick a new power cable at one of their stores. So I go. I tell some girl employee why I'm there, they told me to just mention my name and theyd give me the cable. Right. She looks up my account. And then she launches into it, trying to sell me a new service blahblah, I don't say yes to these thigns without having weighed the pros and cons at home becaue in the middle of all this pressuring I can't do it, so basically im like uhuhuh waiting for her to finish and then say no thanks but she won't stop. Obviously she can see I'm a bit of a passive weakling. At some point finally I decide to assert myself and just say "Can I just get my cable and go home?" she stops and smiles awkwardly and says "Oh well sure, if you want to keep paying more that's your right"

Bullshit, turns out i'd have paid the same monthly for a slightly faster service sure (which I don't need) BUT it would have cost me 100$ to have it installed

The exploding boy
06-04-2014, 09:14 PM
I don't like him because of his low post count.

Its true I may have too much time on my hands. I( was the first to break 10 000 and 20 000 posts. It's sad that I remember it but that's just the truth (in like 2 years too...). another reason why people didn't like me of course. I'm guessing somewhere there was a switch because when I came back for a short bit in 2006 my post count was under 500.

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 09:36 PM
So if you need help at a grocery or hardware store you ask a random stranger and not an employee. Good life you live.

seriously she's so goddamn deranged it's incredible

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 09:36 PM

and most retail seems to be hourly but that's america innit?

vixnix
06-04-2014, 09:38 PM

this is what I'm saying though...they have a vested interest in me buying something. so it's not really help...it's persuasion, or whatever. Pavement is right - they mark me as an easy sale because they know I'm going to be self conscious about my appearance, and then because those kinds of womens' clothes stores hire the sort of skinny, attractive girl that spent all of high school looking down her nose at me and raising her eyebrows at my clothing choices, they play on that dynamic to let me know how pathetic I am and how much I need their help

department store girls are actually really nice, because they're usually paid a much better hourly rate, and they have a higher turnover anyway because of all the time poor regular customers like me. Plus for bras, especially sports bras, you can't beat having someone who can measure and fit you properly, and can then offer you choices across a range of different brands so that you can compare them all in the one fitting. You'd have to get a dresser/shopper for that kind of service, otherwise..

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 09:40 PM
well if you weren't so neurotic maybe you'd be able to go "no i just want the scarf" and be done with it

or maybe you'd just have a conversation with them

i mean i'm pretty much an anti social asshole but i can even deal with sales people and store help without having some kind of neurotic meltdown

vixnix
06-04-2014, 09:44 PM
yeah I can't - I can't deal with beggars or charity collectors either. or wait staff. my visit to the US was a total nightmare for me. I was broke the whole time I was there because people either kept asking for my money or asking me to spend it and I was like a lamb to the slaughter

vixnix
06-04-2014, 09:45 PM
here in the southern hemisphere our beggars sit quietly with signs made from cardboard and hats put in front of them, so it's much easier, but even then I can't walk past without putting something in

sppunk
06-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Yet you complain about being poor.

vixnix
06-04-2014, 09:52 PM
well how am I supposed to be rich with all of this damn foolery going on

yo soy el mejor
06-04-2014, 10:08 PM
new clothes are fun, but they won't save you any money.

yo soy el mejor
06-04-2014, 10:10 PM
i wear pants, sometimes i wear shorts, and occasionally i wear skirts. i'm crazy, y0.

The exploding boy
06-04-2014, 10:54 PM
yeah I can't - I can't deal with beggars or charity collectors either.

Beggars I'm fine with if they don't look like people who aren't REALLY on the street. There's this epidemic of young people begging around here who look like they have homes and the mental means to get help, I mean its Canada, do you know how EASY it is to get welfare or any kind of help from the government here? Only the truly mentally affected people can't get any because they're too fucked to even know what to do, these are the beggars I feel sorry for, not you goddam hippies or kids who thought it would be cool to move to montreal and become a squeegee punk and yes some are running form a shit home life but seriously there's HUNDREDS of places you can go to get help here, that's all there is everywhere.

but fuck charity muggers hard. girlfriend went off on one of them twice for basically completely invading her personal space. They basically jump you or block your way and then don't get why that pisses you the fuck off. It was a sight to behold, I mean the abuse they had to endure from her (I'm a bit more passive about these kidn of thigns even if they piss me off). Cunts (general gender neutral usage here).

It's such a shit way to raise money too, basically just jump people and then pretty much abuse the meeker ones (or those in need of social interaction) into giving you money whether they really want to or not. I just look dour and give them a firm headshake no and hope to god they know better than to press on. One passively agressively once said after me "a smile would have been nice." I don't owe you a smile, if you can't take people being indifferent, nevermind mean to you, get another job you precious little flower. You wearing a Red Cross or Greenpeace logo on your shirt does not exempt you from blame or from being a dick.

vixnix
06-04-2014, 11:02 PM
My parents made me walk on eggshells my whole life so I fear how people will take it if I say no. Classic people pleaser. I can resist bigger purchases pretty well (only from being burned before and having to live with it - yes, yes we do in fact have a $5k leather couch that was custom made in Italy before being shipped to NZ, that couldn't be moved into our tiny duplex without calling a glazier in to remove a window :( ) but smaller purchases...I mean basically if I can afford it and it seems like it would mean a lot to you if I gave you the money for it, it's yours.

Such a pushover like that. Which is why I favour big department stores where I'll blend in, or else thrift stores where the maximum amount I can be ripped off is low.

Eulogy
06-04-2014, 11:06 PM
Trunk Club is too expensive for the most part but if you go to the physical location they give you free booze. I went armed with my tax return after not having bought non-work clothes in like two years and I had fun.

The exploding boy
06-04-2014, 11:10 PM
There's people pressuring you to buy things in thrift stores? I've never experienced that and would probably laugh if I did.

vixnix
06-04-2014, 11:14 PM
no but I do often feel guilty going in there and getting just one thing when in the back of my mind I feel like I could afford more and it's going to a good cause, plus I'm making an ecologically responsible choice by buying used things - so I usually put the pressure on myself, there.

pavementtune
06-04-2014, 11:15 PM
You'd enjoy central Europe.
It's getting impossible to tell who is what. Local homeless, refugees, beggars from poorer countries, or organized crime. The organized ones often have babies and little kids with them. And their approach isn't asking for something, they demand 50, for a train ticket, to feed their kids. Say no and they follow you, argue and shout.

People tend to get really pissed off, and so other beggars, quietly sitting somewhere, don't get a penny either.

vixnix
06-04-2014, 11:17 PM
have never been to central Europe and this information has cemented my leaning to never go. Previously I avoided it because of my lack of European language skills (other than English. I don't want to be all Anglotrash in Europe though. I know that's vain. I'm sorry).

pavementtune
06-04-2014, 11:36 PM
It isn't fun. God damn EU without boarders. Of course people from areas with no economy and state support at all - like rural Romania, Bulgaria blabla etc.- get on trains and travel from city to city, begging.

Plus the 3000 refugees who make it to the Italian, French, or Spanish coast without drowning every other day. Can't blame those who leave the "transition camps."

And then the ugly kind, basically slavery. Amputees, mentally ill, women, traded from one Mercedes driving "owner" to the next, get jackshit from what they make on the streets and sleep 40 people in a cold one room dump.

The EU concept is a complete failure.

reprise85
06-04-2014, 11:41 PM
I have a lot of black pants because I need them for work. I have two pairs of jeans (one black one blue). Then I have 5 or so pairs of other pants, a few could pass for "dress pants." I have two corduroy pants that I wear exclusively when I go to the laundromat because they already have bleach stains.

Then I have a bunch of solid color - mostly black but some bright colors - cheap t-shirts from Target. I have some nicer t-shirts (made of softer/thicker fabric) and long sleeve shirts that are mostly from thrift stores. Black or black/white a couple blue. I have some men's undershirts I wear under my work uniform so I can wear them for a few shifts and don't have to be constantly in the laundromat (sometimes I need to wash a few uniforms in the sink though). And I have 4 pairs of work uniforms.

For night clothes I have some misc. pajama bottoms (mostly mens) that I wear with either the t-shirt or undershirt I've already been wearing or I grab a clean shirt if I've been sweating or am in long sleeves etc.

I have some knock of converse shoes I wear at work, black "work" shoes I wear if my feet hurt (which hasn't happened in a while now), one pair of dress shoes and one pair of sandals.

I know you were all on the edge of your seats.

Elphenor
06-04-2014, 11:49 PM
I always wear black jeans...

I think there are 3 ways to dress: Dressing to make your body look good, dressing to fit a certain style or scene, or dressing to be comfortable.

I'm for sure in the second.

vixnix
06-04-2014, 11:56 PM
It isn't fun. God damn EU without boarders. Of course people from areas with no economy and state support at all - like rural Romania, Bulgaria blabla etc.- get on trains and travel from city to city, begging.

Plus the 3000 refugees who make it to the Italian, French, or Spanish coast without drowning every other day. Can't blame those who leave the "transition camps."

And then the ugly kind, basically slavery. Amputees, mentally ill, women, traded from one Mercedes driving "owner" to the next, get jackshit from what they make on the streets and sleep 40 people in a cold one room dump.

The EU concept is a complete failure.

Yeah it does seem that way. I heard that Greece is like the warehouse for sex traffic victims and the areas near ports are full of concrete buildings with bars on the windows. Sounds totally disgusting. But you know on Facebook all you ever see is the photos of people in bikinis at Mykonos or whatever. So sad. :(

sppunk
06-05-2014, 09:24 AM
vixnix's trolling is tiring guys.

The exploding boy
06-05-2014, 10:35 AM
You'd enjoy central Europe.
It's getting impossible to tell who is what. Local homeless, refugees, beggars from poorer countries, or organized crime. The organized ones often have babies and little kids with them. And their approach isn't asking for something, they demand 50, for a train ticket, to feed their kids. Say no and they follow you, argue and shout.

People tend to get really pissed off, and so other beggars, quietly sitting somewhere, don't get a penny either.

The train/bus ticket thing is a fairly popular one everywhere. I mean they hang around the bus (i mean coaches not city buses) or train station and have a story about how they're stuck here because of whatever reason. Last time the guy even shown me credit cards which probably weren't his and gave me a bs reason why they weren't working. Years ago i was in Toronto and some guy started his thing and the girl i was with at the time went ahead and believed him and gave him like 30$. I rolled my eyes but she wanted to believe.... about two months later she tells me she met the same guy and he gave her the same story and she got all pissed at him. Yeah duh....

But yeah belligerent beggars...i know some have issues but you really think people want to give you money if you're being a dick?.Once though i gave money to one who was telling about doing jail for killing a man. He wasnt being agressive but he weirded me out and walked along with me and this might have been his strategy but i figured ok better give this guy something.

Trotskilicious
06-05-2014, 02:09 PM

Like i said its like shes nimrods sister or something. Its never clear if its all just BS or what portion of it is genuine, which makes it all the more infuriating

sppunk
06-05-2014, 04:16 PM
Nimrod was at least funny sometimes.

Trotskilicious
06-05-2014, 04:34 PM
no he wasn't

he was a misogynist baboon

Elphenor
06-05-2014, 04:35 PM
Bring back Bannana

reprise85
06-05-2014, 05:37 PM
I always wear black jeans...

I think there are 3 ways to dress: Dressing to make your body look good, dressing to fit a certain style or scene, or dressing to be comfortable.

I'm for sure in the second.

well my body will never look good but i try to at least wear clothes that aren't ripped or whatever. mostly it's comfort and utility. and i am really starting to dislike jeans, so business casual it is.

Elphenor
06-05-2014, 05:48 PM
My problem with clothes is that nothing fits me.

Im 6'4 but only 170. So everything is either too short or even worse too baggy.

scottytheoneand
06-05-2014, 06:00 PM
My problem with clothes is that nothing fits me.

Im 6'4 but only 170. So everything is either too short or even worse too baggy.

I'm not as tall, but I've dealt with the same thing... shirts are too baggy and too short.

when it comes to button up shirts i order medium talls and they fit much better than standard sizes at stores. Same thing with pants. I find that my sizes are hard to find in stores, but easy to order online.

vixnix
06-05-2014, 06:46 PM

Listen, I'll try to say this gently, but mentally speaking, you slobs need a workout. I'm here for your own good.

Elphenor
06-05-2014, 07:07 PM
I'm not as tall, but I've dealt with the same thing... shirts are too baggy and too short.

when it comes to button up shirts i order medium talls and they fit much better than standard sizes at stores. Same thing with pants. I find that my sizes are hard to find in stores, but easy to order online.

I might start doing that.

vixnix
06-05-2014, 07:48 PM
Or get them altered - it's usually very cheap.

slunken
06-05-2014, 07:48 PM
I wear clothes a lot.

mxzombie
06-05-2014, 08:53 PM
hey--me too!

now wearing: clothes

The exploding boy
06-05-2014, 08:56 PM
See that's where me and the rest of you differ.

Elphenor
06-05-2014, 10:42 PM
We should all dance naked around a fire and fuck eachother and sleep under the stars

The exploding boy
06-05-2014, 11:05 PM
I'm all for it. Well the fucking each other bit anyway. Even if for most of you it would be a hatefuck in my case (probably reciprocated)

yo soy el mejor
06-06-2014, 11:09 PM
i'm wearing clothes RIGHT NOW.

Future Boy
06-06-2014, 11:17 PM
sounds like a lot of work

Starla
06-06-2014, 11:25 PM
yeah I'm with vixnix on this one. If I go with a friend, then yeah no big deal, but if I'm shopping alone it generally means I wanna wander around and not talk to anyone/feel pressure.

This is how a lot of guys here in Montana dress. You can find these clothes in any feed and seed store. I recently bought some western shirts and jeans from one here.

D.
06-06-2014, 11:38 PM

I'd wear the shit out of this. I basically do, i haved a shirt that looks exactly like that only it's from like h&m or banana and i have a few vests from some place like gordman's.

D.
06-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Winter: button up plaid shirts and jackets/vests, jeans, baseball hat, etc

Spring: polos, t-shirts (either plain, book-related, KCMO-related, some tasteful band ones) colored shorts from h&m if i can get away with it and it's not too chilly

Summer: shorts, black tank tops (covers the fat better), sperry's and slip on shoes

Fall: switch in between spring clothes and getting ready for winter clothes

Jackets, I have some for going out somewhere on a date, and I have some hoodies (some pull over, some zip down), mostly plain colors but i do have a bright red vampire weekend one that i love.

kind of over buying clothes and i'm gonna just wear what i have until it falls apart.

pavementtune
02-17-2015, 09:53 AM
help me, netphoria - pick one, please.

A
https://shard4.1stdibs.us.com/archivesD/jewelry/upload/48/294/cust8.jpg

B
http://assets.matchesfashion.com/products/1004968000_4_large.jpg

C
https://shard2.1stdibs.us.com/archivesE/jewelry/upload/309/730/309_1380490581_4.jpg

D
http://www.gucci.com/images/ecommerce/styles_new/201305/web_full/381201_X5480_1000_001_web_full.jpg

E
http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/3/product_assets/B/1/Z/5/L/NMB1Z5L_mk.jpg

F
http://images.neimanmarcus.com/ca/1/product_assets/T/8/X/U/T/NMT8XUT_mk.jpg

LaBelle
02-17-2015, 09:59 AM
I'd pick E.

pavementtune
02-17-2015, 10:01 AM
E: I

this is really driving me nuts, I'm dress-blind by now, and not two people I asked made the same choice.

I have about 30 hours left, I count on you netphoria.

ohnoitsbonnie
02-17-2015, 10:05 AM
D, but I like C too. What's the occasion?

ohnoitsbonnie
02-17-2015, 10:08 AM
I like them for different occasions and situations. D is the better choice over all because it's the most classic and put together.

pavementtune
02-17-2015, 10:10 AM
un-casual evening, no dancing.
standing around, walking with some grace (I have yet to find), sitting without falling asleep, and looking good in a group of men, but nothing "radiant."

sppunk
02-17-2015, 10:11 AM
D. But it depend on the purpose and a little probably on your shape.

Elijah Moon
02-17-2015, 10:13 AM
I'd pick D too. It's elegant

Mo
02-17-2015, 10:20 AM
Either A or F.

Mo
02-17-2015, 10:20 AM
D is pretty as well.

The exploding boy
02-17-2015, 02:32 PM
C. But seems i'm alone on this. Also could probably use a front shot of it.

ilikeplanets
02-17-2015, 02:34 PM
i need new clothes sooooooo badly, i have like two pairs of jeans, a dress, a skirt, maybe three nice blouses, ten t shirts, and shit loads of flip flops. and jewelry. and nothing else that fits. i only have my super skinny and super fat clothes and i'm super regular sized now

The exploding boy
02-17-2015, 02:35 PM
guys help me pick my clthes for today

socks with holes in them or no socks?

gray hoodie or black?

blue sweatpant or light grey sweatpants or none?

It's for lounging around the house, counting on you guys.

ilikeplanets
02-17-2015, 02:36 PM
fuck socks

black hoodie

whats the other question?

oh yeah fuck pants

The exploding boy
02-17-2015, 02:46 PM
thing is its really cold in my house. In the summer i wouldnt be asking the pants question. Or socks. I wear socks abut maybe total 20 times in a full year.

Well no i guess more, i need them in winter boots most times. But like in summer spring or fall i'll go socksless in my shoes or around the house. I never buy socks. I just happen upon them or as has been the case in the past 15 yers or so, girlfriends have always bought me some pretty much while rolling their eyes. Like the usual scenario has been we're around some dept store and they'd be ok you need some socks, and i'd be like no and they'd like, YES, here, take these and i be like i don't buy socks and they'dbe like, well im getting them for you, now will you wear them and i'll lie an say yes.

ilikeplanets
02-17-2015, 02:52 PM
yeah i hate putting things on my feet. i've been going out in flip flops n it's a bit below freezing

The exploding boy
02-17-2015, 03:12 PM
who you calling fat around here?

The exploding boy
02-17-2015, 03:12 PM
mmmm pizza

ilikeplanets
02-17-2015, 03:30 PM
my uncle probably weighs five hundred pounds, no one here is fat like that

The exploding boy
02-17-2015, 03:35 PM
there's some overweightness but personally since 6 pounds ago i'm not considered that anymore.

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 03:44 PM
i warsh my self with a rag onna stick

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Have any of you fat people tried horse barding or a caparison? It might be more comfortable for you than human clothes.

its too heavy and way too warm

ilikeplanets
02-17-2015, 04:31 PM
i warsh my self with a rag onna stick

so many folk around here add that 'r' to the word 'wash'...........drives me crazy

slunken
02-17-2015, 05:55 PM
There is a small community here that pronounces the word "ornery" as "onery" that's the only one that really gets me. Warsh and Crick i can handle.

yo soy el mejor
02-17-2015, 06:05 PM
i need new clothes sooooooo badly, i have like two pairs of jeans, a dress, a skirt, maybe three nice blouses, ten t shirts, and shit loads of flip flops. and jewelry. and nothing else that fits. i only have my super skinny and super fat clothes and i'm super regular sized now

you don't need anything special for doing heroin and nothing.

yo soy el mejor
02-17-2015, 06:06 PM
what you have is plenty.

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 06:48 PM
hahahaha bazinga

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 06:48 PM
super fat clothes means

plus minus size 3 u call it

toase
02-17-2015, 07:36 PM
sometimes I wear bed sheets, like the greeks

Shallowed
02-17-2015, 07:47 PM
I always wear long sleeved shirts or jumpers when I go outside because I'm self conscious about my skinny arms, especially my wrists. It's currently summer down here.

ohnoitsbonnie
02-17-2015, 08:00 PM
What about all the UV rays

yo soy el mejor
02-17-2015, 08:24 PM
what about them?

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 08:46 PM
also the VU sister rays

slunken
02-17-2015, 08:55 PM
she don't look like martha and the vandellas

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 09:26 PM
+2 AC, -2 Dex

that too, my dex is an 8 to start with

reprise85
02-17-2015, 09:51 PM
my uncle probably weighs five hundred pounds, no one here is fat like that

give me 10 more years

reprise85
02-17-2015, 09:57 PM
that too, my dex is an 8 to start with

Trotskilicious:
STR: 12
DEX: 8
CON: 11
INT: 16
WIS: 15
CHA: 13

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 10:03 PM
WIS is below 4

reprise85
02-17-2015, 10:29 PM
no

reprise85
02-17-2015, 10:31 PM
Shallowed, since he asked:

STR: 10
DEX: 15
CON: 8
INT: 15
WIS: 13
CHA: 14

I don't have as much material about you in my memory bank Mr pasta of muppet but here is my best shot

mage/thief?

Elphenor
02-17-2015, 10:38 PM
This is awesome, this should be a thread

reprise85
02-17-2015, 10:40 PM
if you build it, i will come

reprise85
02-17-2015, 10:41 PM
Elphenor

STR: 11
DEX: 14
CON: 10
INT: 12
WIS: 10

remember you are lower level than those first two

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 10:41 PM
shalloweds scores look like a bow ranger but i wonder if a bow paladin would ve workable too

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 10:43 PM
5e has a rogue option with spellcasting already

seems like after 3e wizards want to kill multiclassing dead

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 10:43 PM
and they should

Elphenor
02-17-2015, 10:44 PM
Elphenor

STR: 11
DEX: 14

remember you are lower level than those first two

Why am I slightly stronger and yet slightly less dexterous?

Elphenor
02-17-2015, 10:45 PM
Wisdom and Constitution should be about a 4 or 5 at most for me

LaBelle
02-17-2015, 10:46 PM
I'd like to see my character sheet too

reprise85
02-17-2015, 10:47 PM
Why am I slightly stronger and yet slightly less dexterous?

You are skinny like Shallowed but you have a bigger frame

Elphenor
02-17-2015, 10:47 PM
LaBelle

DEX: 10
INT: 10
CHA: 10

I had to think real hard about it

reprise85
02-17-2015, 10:48 PM
I'd like to see my character sheet too

I don't know you nearly well enough. Sorry.

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 10:48 PM
You are skinny like Shallowed but you have a bigger frame

just to point out od know several nba players that are gigantic but would still be at atleast a 17

reprise85
02-17-2015, 10:49 PM
Wisdom and Constitution should be about a 4 or 5 at most for me

That kind of Wisdom is reserved for a fuzzy-type and low constitution for an old person/young person/feeble person. your const is below average just barely.

Elphenor
02-17-2015, 10:51 PM
Idk if you've ever played, but 10 is considered average human and anything up above average

reprise85
02-17-2015, 10:51 PM
just to point out od know several nba players that are gigantic but would still be at atleast a 17

yeah but they are trained athletes. elph gets his exercise by jumping up and down really fast whenever someone says post-punk

Elphenor
02-17-2015, 10:52 PM
Well actually some people say 11 so that would put me slightly, slightly below average

reprise85
02-17-2015, 10:52 PM
Idk if you've ever played, but 10 is considered average human and anything up above average

i was under the impression that 11-12 is average but 10 makes more sense i guess. i havent played in a really long time.

Elphenor
02-17-2015, 10:53 PM
Nah, you're right it's really splitting hairs, guide says 10 or 11 is average

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 10:54 PM
10 and 11 are funtionally the same since the ability mod is the most important thing and with those two scores its nil so by definition baseline

Elphenor
02-17-2015, 10:55 PM
Yeah exactly

reprise85
02-17-2015, 10:56 PM
Ok nerds but lets look at this as stand alone and not suck all the fun out of it okay

Elphenor
02-17-2015, 10:57 PM
What's my class then?

I think I'm a rogue

reprise85
02-17-2015, 10:58 PM
can i do myself?

DEX: 12
CON: 14
INT: 14

Elphenor
02-17-2015, 10:59 PM
No you're the DM

reprise85
02-17-2015, 10:59 PM
What's my class then?

I think I'm a rogue

bard?

nah probably rogue

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 11:01 PM
lower than ten you take a penalty

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 11:02 PM
your wis is 16 plus

Elphenor
02-17-2015, 11:02 PM
bard?

nah probably rogue

Bard would be badass but you didn't give me enough Charisma or Constitution

reprise85
02-17-2015, 11:03 PM
dont worry you play guitar that's plus 1 charisma until you're 25 years old ;)

reprise85
02-17-2015, 11:04 PM
your wis is 16 plus

thanks but nah

i think we can agree i'd be a cleric though, with a badass mace of some sort

Elphenor
02-17-2015, 11:06 PM
Charmbag is super Cleric

ohnoitsbonnie
02-17-2015, 11:07 PM
Reprise, pls

reprise85
02-17-2015, 11:09 PM
ohnoitsbonnie:
DEX: 13
CON: 12
WIS: 12
CHA: 15

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 11:37 PM
thanks but nah

i think we can agree i'd be a cleric though, with a badass mace of some sort

low wis cleric kind of hamstrung bruhette

Trotskilicious
02-17-2015, 11:38 PM
but at least attributes dont figure into how many spells you can cast anymore

did you ever finish baldurgating?

reprise85
02-17-2015, 11:50 PM
nah man, i got no time. and when i do get a few days off there is still always more schoolwork to be done. spring break shouldn't be too bad homework wise but still, i cant finish a game in 4 days and i cant continue it after huge breaks in time

Trotskilicious
02-18-2015, 12:39 AM
bills INT is a 10 or less

DEX is like a 17+ because instrument checks are a dex check

pavementtune
02-18-2015, 12:57 AM
help me, netphoria - pick one, please.

D
http://www.gucci.com/images/ecommerce/styles_new/201305/web_full/381201_X5480_1000_001_web_full.jpg

netphoria has spoken. thank you folks, that turned out easy.
I wish I wouldn't (have to) give a fuck what people think of whatever I'm wearing.

speaking of, is there a Lebowski-dude-look for women? I mean there has to be, right? but what is it, I have no clue.

pavementtune
02-18-2015, 12:58 AM
ui, sorry, this isn't about clothes any longer, is it.

what are all these numbers, dex, con etc.?

reprise85
02-18-2015, 12:59 AM
constitution has to be pretty high too. all those mcis tour dates.

reprise85
02-18-2015, 12:59 AM
ui, sorry, this isn't about clothes any longer, is it.

what are all these numbers, dex, con etc.?

strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, charisma

Trotskilicious
02-18-2015, 01:15 AM
are we going to see a pick of u in that dress

pavementtune
02-18-2015, 01:18 AM
Iknowbetter-andlearnedfromBanana

I'd be down for a headless lebowski-look pic, once I figure out what my slob-style could be.

yo soy el mejor
02-18-2015, 07:33 AM
can i do myself?

CON: 14

me me me

sppunk
02-18-2015, 08:56 AM
I have no idea what's going in in this thread.

teh b0lly!!1
02-18-2015, 09:21 AM
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=6625&d=1238472129

reprise85
02-18-2015, 09:23 AM
me me me

STR: 14
DEX: 15

you have really good stats.

reprise85
02-18-2015, 09:26 AM
I have no idea what's going in in this thread.

in Dungeons and Dragons style games, each character has stats that determine how good they are at things, like spell casting and fighting, as well as constitution which is like endurance/hit points/toughness and charisma which is like for negotiating and people liking you and being able to charm people etc

slunken
02-18-2015, 09:28 AM
reprise i don't think you would make a very good dungeon master the curve is pretty flat and high so far

slunken
02-18-2015, 09:32 AM
post your die itt

http://tinyurl.com/lvfv2oq

also palm reading

reprise85
02-18-2015, 09:34 AM
reprise i don't think you would make a very good dungeon master the curve is pretty flat and high so far

my sample pool is not of average people ;)

yo soy el mejor
02-18-2015, 09:45 AM
slunken just made cause my stats are so badass. it's like HOW CAN THAT BE.

yo soy el mejor
02-18-2015, 09:45 AM
MAD

yo soy el mejor
02-18-2015, 09:46 AM
jk

slunken
02-18-2015, 09:47 AM
slunken just made cause my stats are so badass. it's like HOW CAN THAT BE.

IMPOSSIBLE

yo soy el mejor
02-18-2015, 09:48 AM
die is singular! < o >

yo soy el mejor
02-18-2015, 09:49 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b325/Drac77/th_giant-burnsauce.gif

reprise85
02-18-2015, 09:51 AM
slunken:

CHA: 16

slunken
02-18-2015, 10:19 AM
die is singular! < o >

i'm blaming auto-correct

slunken
02-18-2015, 10:20 AM
slunken:

CHA: 16

http://briellecostumes.typepad.com/.a/6a0134804df3cb970c0133ee4627bd970b-pi

yo soy el mejor
02-18-2015, 10:22 AM
auto-correct? ironic name.

sppunk
02-18-2015, 10:46 AM
in Dungeons and Dragons style games, each character has stats that determine how good they are at things, like spell casting and fighting, as well as constitution which is like endurance/hit points/toughness and charisma which is like for negotiating and people liking you and being able to charm people etc

Oh. In HS I played a shitload of Mario Kart and 007 Golden Eye. Never was into D&D type games though, hence my confusion. Thanks!

The exploding boy
02-18-2015, 01:48 PM
So Mario kart and Goldeneye are your claim to some nerdiness? GTFO.

(though both are actually amazing games but you know)

slunken
02-18-2015, 03:17 PM
all i know is that one of us used to have their own personal stylist and the other one shoplifts her shit from fashion bug.

reprise85
02-18-2015, 07:25 PM
sppunk:
DEX: 5 (aren't you legally blind or close to it or something?)
INT: 13
CHA: 12

hnibos
02-18-2015, 07:55 PM
do me do me

Trotskilicious
02-18-2015, 08:23 PM
Iknowbetter-andlearnedfromBanana

I'd be down for a headless lebowski-look pic, once I figure out what my slob-style could be.

what?

reprise85
02-18-2015, 08:28 PM
do me do me

hnibos:
CHA: 13

hnibos
02-18-2015, 08:29 PM
My charisma is like an 8 unless I'm talking to a gay

reprise85
02-18-2015, 08:31 PM
i always found you charming. then again i'm a gay i guess?

Trotskilicious
02-18-2015, 08:32 PM
yeah you need DM Trots to do these i'd be a lot meaner/more realistic

reprise85
02-18-2015, 08:33 PM
go for it

me first

Trotskilicious
02-18-2015, 08:35 PM
i don't want to

STR 15 (former athlete and softball player no less)
DEX 10
CON 16 (because ur a survivor)
INT 12
WIS 17
CHA 10

Trotskilicious
02-18-2015, 08:35 PM
pretty good cleric, what god are you i think it's ilmater

reprise85
02-18-2015, 08:42 PM
i don't want to

STR 15 (former athlete and softball player no less)
DEX 10
CON 16 (because ur a survivor)
INT 12
WIS 17
CHA 10

thems pretty good stats

pretty good cleric, what god are you i think it's ilmater

i dont know anything about the d and d gods but i like the wikipedia description

Ilmater is introduced as the god of endurance, suffering, martyrdom, and perseverance, a lawful good lesser god from the plane of the Twin Paradises. He is described as having the appearance of "a broken man, with smashed hands which he constantly uses. He is the willing sufferer," and that he has the "power to manifest himself in creatures being tortured, but only if such creatures are of good alignment and have not done anything to deserve such treatment."

D.
02-18-2015, 10:40 PM
Can we get back to talking about clothes again?

I bought some dope ass shoes today and a couple of pairs of pants, plus a flower shirt.:smoke:

D.
02-18-2015, 10:48 PM
I tried to find as many pics online as I could. With those pants, I actually got four different colors (red, blueish, black, and dark beige).

http://i59.tinypic.com/10pujnn.png

reprise85
02-19-2015, 07:08 AM
i bought a bunch of generic long sleeve shirts that were on clearance at target the other day, plus a nice bra. i bought two nice pairs of black pants online as well, for like $35 each. i never pay that much for clothes usually but i already have a pair of the same pants and i really wanted some more of the same ones. also got some socks and underwear. when some regular shirts go on clearance at target i will get some of them. i try not to pay more than $5 for a shirt. i could also use a decent jacket. there should be some clearance on winter clothes pretty soon.

The exploding boy
02-19-2015, 01:33 PM
^

More target, less walmart.

I know what it's like to be poor and not be able to afford moral choices but when given a choice always go with the former. Only times i ever go to walmart is when i plan to steal something.

Actually now that i think of it the last clothing i bought was a pretty cool millenium falcon tshirt from target while i was in the US (since they had to close down all the canadian ones after 2 years and lost 2 fuckinb billions in the process). I pondered about the fact of owning a SW themed shirt then realised that in all my life i never did own even one so i figured just the one was probably ok.

It looks like so:

http://www.thecentsableshoppin.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/tmb.php_.jpg

As far as nerdy shirts go you coul do worse. I have to say it seems almost a yearly thng now to get a tshrit form target. They often have pretty good ones at reasonable prices unlike everywhere else. I mean why shoudl i have to pay like 25 to 30 for a fucking tshirt?

The exploding boy
02-19-2015, 01:34 PM
sorry guys i shoul havepsoted a pic of me wearing it, here it is:

http://148bcec7bb334341cd98-2fb779bd12ec72d4612275342f2c9187.r31.cf1.rackcdn.c om/59aedddb071cd37326d5101b6c4d1119.jpg

The exploding boy
02-19-2015, 01:36 PM
did you guys notice my pythons? lol...yeah....i kinda pump a little. but anyway, sorry dint want to distract away from the shirt which is after all the whole reason i took the pic

jczeroman
02-19-2015, 08:09 PM
I basically wear the same clothes that I wore in high school.

I own two pair of jeans and two pair of cords. These rotate.

In summer I have three pair of cargo shorts, all off white.

I wear T-shirts.

If it is cold I wear a black fleece that a buddy left at my house in 2003.

That's about it

Trotskilicious
02-19-2015, 08:15 PM
dont buy tees from target unless you want to have the same shirt as dozens of other ppl

reprise85
02-19-2015, 08:17 PM
the ones i buy are solid colors or stripes. no logos or images or anything.

slunken
02-19-2015, 08:24 PM
i've been making an outward hanger area of clothing i need to replace. basic things like favorite black shirt, favorite henley, favorite short sleeve henley, etc - things i've had for more than a decade and are looking kind of sad

slunken
02-19-2015, 08:25 PM
i just can't pull the trigger

http://remote.lohudblogs.com/files/2008/03/michael1.jpg

reprise85
02-19-2015, 08:36 PM
i just buy a bunch of new cheap shirts when they are on clearance once a year or whatever. the old ones end up becoming night-wear when they start getting worn out. it's the circle of life.

i basically have enough pants for 2 weeks (that's with wearing jeans for more than one day) and probably like 15 shirts + some undershirts and big t-shirts i wear at home only. plus i have 6 work shirts and 6 aprons and i work 3x a week so i only need 4 or 5 other shirts/week. lots of socks and underwear. one robe. laundromat every 2 weeks.

i'd rather keep it to 5 pants/10 shirts and use a washing machine/dryer at home but it's not to be for me yet

LaBelle
02-19-2015, 08:47 PM
This is reminding me I need to open my closet and get rid of a bunch of clothes I don't wear anymore.
I'll probably find a ton of stuff I could be wearing but just got lost in that mess.
ugh

The exploding boy
02-19-2015, 09:26 PM
dont buy tees from target unless you want to have the same shirt as dozens of other ppl

but see thats where i win. No target in canada (well not as of this year, they lasted two)

SuckSuckStyle
02-22-2015, 10:46 AM
i have 2 pairs of pants- slate grey cotton trousers from target. and a tailor-made hemp pair with cotton pinstripe lining.

2 pairs of shorts- both khaki-style, both at least 2 years old with holes/patches/stains. one pair bought in bali, one in KL. one grey one green.

2 white tank tops
1 white tshirt
1 red tshirt
1 blue tshirt
1 organic cotton long sleeve- natural with brown stripes
2 plaid button-down. one of which i bought at a yard sale when i was 11.
dark purple hoodie
green down jacket

trekking clothes

blue vans old school
rubber flip flops

i have a few other things, but that's pretty much all i wear. none of my clothes have words. few have designs/images.

slunken
02-22-2015, 11:46 AM
1 white tshirt
1 red tshirt
1 blue tshirt

god bless america

Mooney
02-22-2015, 12:44 PM
i need new clothes so bad. i hate clothes shopping, though. i can never find anything i like, but i don't even know what i'm looking for. argh.

slunken
02-22-2015, 01:21 PM
i need new clothes so bad. i hate clothes shopping, though. i can never find anything i like, but i don't even know what i'm looking for. argh.

i know, the stuff i need is always the stuff i'm never in the mood to buy. or i end up buying another version of something i already have and then i end up with a closet full of cardigans that are all basically the same or some such.

i need a couple semi-casual long sleeve button downs and a new pair of levis. i hate buying new levis :(

Mooney
02-22-2015, 02:49 PM
also, i'm often in between a small and a medium. nothing fits me right.

The exploding boy
02-22-2015, 03:09 PM
the only thing i love to shop for are jackets. But i already have more than i need.

At least now some will start to fit me again.

yo soy el mejor
02-22-2015, 06:03 PM
also, i'm often in between a small and a medium. nothing fits me right.
oh, boy. this is the worst.

:cry:

Elphenor
02-22-2015, 06:07 PM
I create my own T-shirt designs

Well I mean I copy and paste Post-Punk logos because you're not gonna find a Birthday Party shirt nearly anywhere