View Full Version : I'm open minded but I'm not free spirited

Catherine Wheel
05-30-2014, 03:47 PM
When it comes to spirituality and music and other aspects of culture I have a very open mind. But I'm not the type to be adventurous and spontaneous and just down for anything.

sickbadthing
05-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Hey that's cool. I'm into getting anal sex but I'm not gay.

I am the type to be adventurous and spontaneous, and actually pretty socially irresponsible.

But mostly I like weird objects in my butt.

Shallowed
05-30-2014, 04:21 PM
All I know about you are the observational threads that you start and they're pretty spontaneous. Like... (http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=180137)

Catherine Wheel
05-30-2014, 05:16 PM
I've made lots of posts about myself. Or at least enough to get a good idea of me.

The exploding boy
05-30-2014, 05:36 PM
When it comes to spirituality, music and other aspects of culture I'm pretty close minded. But otherwise you know, I'm open to anything. As long as it conforms to my completely arbitrary and demanding standards of morals and like, quality.

But other than that though, very open minded. Like, friends say I'm fun to be around and by friends I mean people I just made up.

Catherine Wheel
05-30-2014, 05:43 PM
I would never get a tattoo. And I don't drink hard liquor at all. I stick to beer. And I only drink when I'm out socializing with someone.

The exploding boy
05-30-2014, 05:52 PM
I wouldn't get a tattoo either but it's not cause i mind them on other people. I just can't think of anything that would be meaningful enough to me I'd want it tattooed.

I don't drink alcohol at all because I don't like being drunk (I did it a lot as a teen like everyone) and I don't like the taste of alcohol anyway. Ok well that's not really true, those past few years I've picked up girlie drinks. The kind that are really sweet and in which you can barely taste the alcohol. but I probably don't even get the equivalent of like 500ml of alcohol in me within a full year.

Raymond Chandler said you should get drunk once a year on principle so you don't let yourself get snotty about it. I got snotty about it a long time ago. Last time I was 16.

Elphenor
05-30-2014, 06:03 PM
Weak...

I get fucked up whenever possible pretty much

slunken
05-30-2014, 06:23 PM
Raymond chandler was an alcoholic. He was saying that about people who claim they don't drink.

slunken
05-30-2014, 06:25 PM
Such as yourself

I'm Hardcore
05-30-2014, 06:28 PM
city slicker came, and he said "i'm mighty tough"
"i wanna get a taste of that powerful stuff"

The exploding boy
05-30-2014, 06:39 PM
Weak...

I get fucked up whenever possible pretty much

That's called alcoholism. There's nothing glorious about it. But you have the excuse of being young. When people are still pulling that shit past 30, it's probably time to get on meds or at least seriously re-evaluate your life.

scottytheoneand
05-30-2014, 06:41 PM
When it comes to spirituality and music and other aspects of culture I have a very open mind. But I'm not the type to be adventurous and spontaneous and just down for anything.

Is this from your OK Cupid profile?

Trotskilicious
05-30-2014, 07:49 PM
That's called alcoholism.

pretty sure it's actually just a 20 y.o. douche being what they do

not saying there aren't 20 y.o. alkys but he's probably not one

Shallowed
05-30-2014, 08:28 PM
Boys will be boys!

Trotskilicious
05-30-2014, 08:52 PM
it's not just boys

do you have any friends or do you stay inside mostly

pavementtune
05-30-2014, 09:16 PM
I don't know about this "at that age, that's unlikely alcoholism."

The exploding boy
05-30-2014, 09:46 PM

Drinking when "socializing" and "only beer" - heard that before. Fast forward and I realized the guy I lived with couldn't only drink 14 0.5 beers in a night out, "for fun", there was an unfunny side, too.
Never saw myself as an alcoholic, either. Never drank alone, no problem to go without it for weeks, 19-year-old girls simply weren't called alcoholics, no matter if I drank like one.
It's called party.
Drink the same amount at 30 or 40 and the health checklist will say - alcoholism.

Yeah. I had an ex who pretty much got wasted every weekend (and once in a while in the week too...only thing that stopped her doing that too much was fear of losing her job). Never drank at home but got wasted every time she went out, not just slightly drunk. I stopped following her in her nights out early on (after once freaking the fuck out about where she'd disappeared to, i found her asleep on the doorstep when i got home)....but that didn't help of course (because she really could have used someone to look out for her in her state...) That's pretty much (kinda indirectly) the reason we split. It's hard to stay in love with someone who comes home incoherent and then pisses the bed.

People tend to see alcoholics as people who are permanently drunk and drinking at home and all that, they don't have to be. If your main hobby outside of work days is getting drunk, i think that's a form of alcoholism for sure.

Trotskilicious
05-30-2014, 09:56 PM

i knew a bunch of dudes like him that would say dumb shit like that and they'd pass out in a corner after 2 or 3

or they have binge sessions but then they grow out of it once they find a pretty girl that puts up with them

i mean i'm talking about elp, specifically. i lived with a raging 24 year old alcoholic

pavementtune
05-30-2014, 10:12 PM
How did that go? (Living with the 24yo)
Nothing better than trying to get a flatmate out of the tub after he managed to vomit, piss and shit simultaneously. Good times.

Trotskilicious
05-30-2014, 10:43 PM
really fucking terribly. he was popular but a bum. he was drunk all the time and never had a job, then his unemployment ran out and we let him live for 2 mos without paying (and being a dick about it anytime i asked said all i cared about was money etc) and then i said he had one month and at the end of it he said that someone stole half his money (he had about 80 dollars which wasn't enough even if he doubled it) so i threw him out

since he was popular he basically told everyone i was the jerk and my social life never recovered and i sit here today bitter, angry and alone

Elphenor
05-30-2014, 10:55 PM
Lol.
No I'm just kind of depressed honestly. Life blows.
Life sucks a lot less when your shitfaced.

Elphenor
05-30-2014, 11:00 PM
Did I ever tell you how this girl I was involved with slept with everyone I worked with, turned out to be an ex heroin addict, drank herself Into oblivion and then ran off to Arizona?

I've never seen anything more terrifying in my life.

pavementtune
05-30-2014, 11:03 PM

Elphenor
05-30-2014, 11:05 PM
I always feel pretty good the next day as long as I can get a little sleep

The exploding boy
05-30-2014, 11:20 PM
I never found fun in drukenness even as a teen.. I'd start feeling pretty nauseated early on, never puked except but once but felt like it a lot. Then the day after it was worse AND i'd have a horrible headache. And as miserable as i am sober, i was worse drunk. It didn't make me happier, and didn't make me better socially.

And anyway, back then i didn't have anxiety problems, now whenever i feel im not 100% in my normal state i panic. Last time i got close to tipsy i didnt like it. So not drunkeness for me.

Elphenor
05-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Imagine being afraid of everything.

But then there's this funky tasting liquid that takes that away...

Trotskilicious
05-30-2014, 11:47 PM
unfortunately to someone not drunk you're acting like a dick

vixnix
05-31-2014, 01:44 AM
I got shitfaced on alcohol and anything else I could get my hands on whenever I could, from age 14 onwards. I've puked more times than I can remember, about half of the times I drank as a teen, I ended up spewing later on.

My limit is three standard drinks. Any more than that and I'm going to feel horrible - but I don't start feeling horrible while I'm drinking the 4th drink noooo that would be too easy. No, usually after the second I'm in the zone and ready to get seriously trashed so I knock back two more and I'm halfway through my fifth when I start to feel ill - then I try to drink through it until I throw up. The alcohol poisoning lasts about 12 hours.

Also, if I drank anything and then smoked weed, I would puke. I had to smoke weed then drink. That way I would not be so manic about drinking and was good to go if anything else was going to be introduced later in the night.

My poor body.

hnibos
05-31-2014, 09:59 AM
^ yeah that about sums up my life.

The exploding boy
06-01-2014, 09:49 PM
see that's exactly what i'm talking about, I had a jameson and coke just earlier just cause why not (i didn't buy that jameson) and I made it too strong and drank it too fast then I got slightly light headed and flushed then I started feeling anxious which lead to nausea and headache. I can't relax with alcohol, it stresses me out. If I was a drunk, I'd die of a panic attack. I try not to be so square and fail miserably.

I used to drink a 12 pack in an evening as a teen and still remembered the night before. Now I drink an inch of whiskey and freak the fuck out. Whaddapussy.

redbreegull
06-02-2014, 06:46 PM
My limit is three standard drinks.

weaksauce

Also, if I drank anything and then smoked weed, I would puke. I had to smoke weed then drink.

28if used to call the combination of drink and green "twisted." I generally experience the same thing though; smoking and then drinking is usually ok. I think it's easier to regulate how much more you are getting fucked up when you are adding beers or whatever. For some reason the other way around is much more likely to end badly for me. The synergistic properties of the two drugs are more potent this way or something. Once I'm already drunk, the addition of THC in my brain is likely to propel me into previously unexplored dark nether regions of the universe. It's like 6 drinks becomes 12 instantly. Getting the uncontrollable spins is the worst

Order 66
06-02-2014, 06:49 PM
weed and beer is like ketchup and a hotdog to me. like.. i could never even imagine having one without another. i am a true bro

Sonic Johnny
06-02-2014, 07:49 PM
I feel that way about whiskey and weed. Like when I was 17/18 Coopers Pale Ale and bongs was my M.O. but these days I'll roll a nice fatty joint and have it with a Jameson's or a Tallisker on the rocks. #iguessthisisgrowingup

I'm Hardcore
06-03-2014, 12:07 AM
weaksauce

nice one bro

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 12:25 AM
British people just sound smarter

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 12:27 AM
i love getting a few drinks in me and then getting blazed to the tits

also 3 drinks is respectable for grown folks, only little kids call that "weaksauce" like putting away dozens is something to be proud of

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 12:27 AM
I listen to so much British music that I tend to use their slang in normal conversation and people are like "What?"

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Oops wrong thread fuck

Well Im drunk posting so kinda relavent

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 01:01 AM
i use wanker because it's fantastic

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 01:02 AM
i mean just the shape of the word and the sound it makes, it's just so dismissive and condescending. so perfect. to dismiss someone as a wanker, a masturbator. just wonderful.

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 01:20 AM
It is a fantastic word.

Also, Bollocks.

Or if something is positive I tend to yell "Brillant!" In an accent and everything just naturally.

I'm Hardcore
06-03-2014, 01:27 AM
it's as if you take all of the human characteristics which i dislike, and roll them into one persona. remarkable.

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 01:28 AM
I mean that proper English accent and speaking manner is just so awesome.
San Diego gets a bunch of military Brits moved here and I live right across from the naval base so I hear them all the time and I just geek the fuck out.

Like that thing they do when they lower the pitch of their voice for a couple of seconds idk how to explain it. Morrissey does it all the time

I'm Hardcore
06-03-2014, 01:29 AM
Morrissey also fucks asses all of the time, why dont you copy him doing that too?

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 01:32 AM
Because I'm not homosexual? Idk.

It's not my thing, but I see nothing wrong with fucking asses

Lucky Day Spa
06-03-2014, 01:32 AM
i'm open-minded but i'm not up for anal

Lucky Day Spa
06-03-2014, 01:33 AM
^ that is the correct response

redbreegull
06-03-2014, 01:34 AM
i love getting a few drinks in me and then getting blazed to the tits

also 3 drinks is respectable for grown folks, only little kids call that "weaksauce" like putting away dozens is something to be proud of

it must suck to be 50

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 01:34 AM
It's pretty good.

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 01:37 AM
Idk what's the deal with bragging about drinking.

If you die do you win? Because it's the most fucked up you can possibly get.
Or is it about being able to drink obscene amounts without being really drunk that's cool?

Because that sounds like it sucks. Getting drunk would be a ton of work and really expensive

The exploding boy
06-03-2014, 01:47 AM
I've picked up loads of british slang in spite of myself because that's where my girlfriend hails from (though she was raised half there and half in michigan).

The thing is since english is not my native language anyway, i don't really think about it, as a non native speaker you tend to just soak expressions in no matter where they're from and i think it makes it more alright too. But you know.... i don't say the words in a british accent (yeah that would work with the accent i already have) because that just makes one an insufferable cunt (used here in its genderless british meaning) to do so i'm afraid. And no one says brilliant anyway except on british tv I think.

I'm selective about which ones i'll pick up anyway. Like i'm not gonna start saying chips for fries and crisps for chips cause that's just stupid.

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 01:56 AM
It's not by choice, man.
I just watched too much Harry Potter

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 01:58 AM
Did you guys know that EB has a gf?

Lucky Day Spa
06-03-2014, 02:01 AM
it must suck to be 50

it must be pretty awesome to be 50

the quantity:quality ratio for drinks has got to be way better

Lucky Day Spa
06-03-2014, 02:04 AM
i mean the most i can justify spending on a bottle of wine is maybe around nz$30, special occasions excepted, and that's only really scratching the surface of Good Wine. if you want really great french reds, for example, you need to be prepared to spend a lot more

roll on 50 and my future financial solvency

The exploding boy
06-03-2014, 02:05 AM
Idk what's the deal with bragging about drinking.

If you die do you win? Because it's the most fucked up you can possibly get.
Or is it about being able to drink obscene amounts without being really drunk that's cool?

See that's how i learned to drink. In small town northern quebec we started drinking at 13 because theres nothing else to do and the only way to do it right is to drink your whole case. If you're not stupid you bought a 6. If you're stupid you bought a 12 (and yes i was bying beer at 14 and no one gave a shit, i remember buying some on national holiday which meant there were some cops around town so the store owner let me out through the back....nice example for the youth..yup yup).

I'd get drunk on anything between 6 to 12 beers which is just fucking stupid obviously especially when you're a teenager (i dont even know how it is i never passed out). But i thought that was the way to do it. That's probably why i stopped at 16. After about 30 times of this i'd felt i'd had enough for a life time.

The exploding boy
06-03-2014, 02:06 AM
Did you guys know that EB has a gf?

Its ok if i mention it in context. This is contextual. It was not random. That's my rule now.

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 02:10 AM
Haha. It's okay no matter what.
There are no rules on when you can mention your gf.

The exploding boy
06-03-2014, 02:10 AM
It's not by choice, man.
I just watched too much Harry Potter

That's funny because the only times i could think hearing it recent years was harry potter.

The exploding boy
06-03-2014, 02:11 AM
Haha. It's okay no matter what.
There are no rules on when you can mention your gf.

Well i do understand why it annoyed the fuck out of people originally. I didnt even realise it. I blame it mainly on the fact that my social life is her. If i'm not talking about me that's the only other person i have to talk about in my life. Anyway you're just jealous cause you'd like a british gf. Don't even lie.

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 02:14 AM
It's weird that you have a gf and stuff and you're up talking to this loser.

All I have is Lou Reed and beer.

WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING MAMA
I HEARD HER CALL MY NAME

The exploding boy
06-03-2014, 02:32 AM
It's weird that you have a gf and stuff and you're up talking to this loser.

All I have is Lou Reed and beer.

WHEN I WOKE UP THIS MORNING MAMA
I HEARD HER CALL MY NAME

yeah ok you got me, i made her up.

No but shes not here right now. She's in canada about 8 months of the year. the other 4 she's in Philly, that shithole. That's why i'm here alone at 3:31am being on this stupid forum talking to you.

Cool As Ice Cream
06-03-2014, 02:45 AM
she's not here right now because i'm at work

Cool As Ice Cream
06-03-2014, 02:45 AM
did you guys know that caic has a job?

Cool As Ice Cream
06-03-2014, 02:47 AM
i speak english english because what other english should i speak?
i laugh or cringe when i hear another accent.

Cool As Ice Cream
fucking americans

Cool As Ice Cream
i'm free spirited but i'm not open minded

Cool As Ice Cream
06-03-2014, 02:48 AM
MONSIEUR LE PRESIDENT
MONSIEUR LE PRESIDENT
OU EST MON ARGENT?

Elphenor
06-03-2014, 03:06 AM
Do Americans sound stupid to you?

Does Frank Black make you cringe?

Cool As Ice Cream
06-03-2014, 04:29 AM
he does not, actually. he doesn't have an offensive accent or way of speaking.

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 10:18 AM
it must suck to be 50

this has to be one of the saddest fucking things i've ever read

essentially you're saying: "being shitfaced drunk is fucking amazing and if you don't like setting out to get fuckfaced then you're not living."

seriously little kid: LOL

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 10:20 AM
i mean the most i can justify spending on a bottle of wine is maybe around nz$30, special occasions excepted, and that's only really scratching the surface of Good Wine. if you want really great french reds, for example, you need to be prepared to spend a lot more

roll on 50 and my future financial solvency

one bottle is that all it takes you fucking faggot

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 10:20 AM
i have to drink six bottle before i even notice, this makes me cool, and it shows that i am Loving Life and Being Fun and also Happy

Cool As Ice Cream
06-03-2014, 10:38 AM
i don't eat anymore. i just drink from afternoon till morning. sometimes i throw up, but after that, i just continue drinking. sometimes my liver hurts, but then i punch it to show who's the boss. i won't let my liver tell me what to do. YOLO!

The exploding boy
06-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Reading the title of this thread made me want to mention that "free spirited" people who describe themselves as such are usually really fucking insufferable. And of course hippies. Which is short for insufferable.

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 11:21 AM
little bit of blood in your vomit just lets you know you're a man and you drink like one

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 11:26 AM
i can drink a lot, i need at least a 12 pack of IPA before I can even feel anything. I make sure to only drink on a full stomach so that I can best impress my friends with my ability to drink incredible amounts (more than 3, pussy!) and I have made sure to gain at least 100 pounds so that I can better raise my tolerance. Of course this all just is extra padding as it were for the fact that I'm a tremendous alcoholic and I drink a bottle of jack daniels a day

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 11:27 AM
Reading the title of this thread made me want to mention that "free spirited" people who describe themselves as such are usually really fucking insufferable. And of course hippies. Which is short for insufferable.

i mean normally i think you're a really young old bastard but this is spot on

in my experience, people who are "free spirited" are often just drunks

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 11:37 AM
"Brendan you gotta get out there and do all that life can offer."
"Okay I mean that's cool, how does the seventh Mai Tai fit into that ethos?"

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 11:38 AM
"I'm free spirited I'm not uptight like you."
"Right, i mean that's one of the effects of alcohol, that you seem to consume in excess every day of the week."
"You are such an asshole!"
"GO SPURS!"

redbreegull
06-03-2014, 02:40 PM
this has to be one of the saddest fucking things i've ever read

it's like you know it wasn't serious but you literally cannot stop yourself from engaging in confrontation

bignothing
06-03-2014, 02:44 PM
rbg where have you been are you ok

redbreegull
06-03-2014, 03:35 PM
i'm just living my life, man. i've been making a concerted effort to spend a lot more time outside, exercising, playing guitar and singing, reading, doing extracurricular stuff for the kids at school, etc. rather than spending all day every day on the internet. feels good man

redbreegull
06-03-2014, 03:36 PM
I'll be unemployed at the end of next week though and then I'm gonna drink you all under the table

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 05:10 PM
you can't be confrontational and accuse others of it, fuckup

redbreegull
06-03-2014, 06:00 PM
rbg where have you been are you ok

you can't be confrontational and accuse others of it, fuckup

and somehow I feel like doctor negative will be able to carry on being horrible just fine without me

hnibos
06-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Saying "being outside" as a positive trait/behaviour is something dumb, "free-spirited", dirty hippies say.

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 06:06 PM
being in the sun a lot causes melanoma

Lucky Day Spa
06-03-2014, 06:18 PM
merely existing leads to death

Trotskilicious
06-03-2014, 06:30 PM
how's your shit, btw, man

Lucky Day Spa
06-03-2014, 06:36 PM
can't remember how much detail i went into earlier, but the short-term medical injury shit is mostly de-shittified. hole in leg is now a scar. only intermittent pain and i can finally walk and exercise again. so that's nice.

next CT scan is in a month so if there's any more cancer, new shit will come to light then

Cool As Ice Cream
06-04-2014, 03:12 AM
i hope all will be fine

D.
06-04-2014, 11:41 AM
I rarely drink anymore; if I do it's one or two beers here and there, usually when we're cooking out or at a BBQ.

If the stars align and the kid is at the grandparents and we are up for imbibing, then I'll dip into some flavored vodka and get tipsy, but I am also able to stop at that and just be happy with a little buzz. But even this is super rare because B has problems with drinking and, y'know, I care about her and don't want to encourage what she has trouble controlling.

I guess I'm 50. :love:

D.
06-04-2014, 11:43 AM
Also, I'd probably drink a few beers at concerts more if KCMO had adequate public transportation but, as it stands, I have to drive pretty much everywhere. So...

Trotskilicious
06-04-2014, 01:40 PM
can't remember how much detail i went into earlier, but the short-term medical injury shit is mostly de-shittified. hole in leg is now a scar. only intermittent pain and i can finally walk and exercise again. so that's nice.

next CT scan is in a month so if there's any more cancer, new shit will come to light then

i am glad to hear this

reprise85
06-04-2014, 11:04 PM
yeah good luck LDS :)

Lucky Day Spa
06-05-2014, 06:02 AM
thanks. i'll be fine. i mean i guess there's a pretty decent chance i'll be dead before the rest of you but worrying about it won't change anything.

meat robots, seek empathy. life is actually fairly straightforward if you can avoid poisonous people