View Full Version : AEGEA: Billy releasing some experimental music from 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3

Slurpee
04-08-2014, 05:11 PM
maaaargin

Slurpee
04-08-2014, 05:12 PM
http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/#!News-on-AEGEA-WPCs-Upcoming-Private-Press-Record-Release/c7ba/1470738B-3C10-433B-BFC4-98D2EB7F9510

News on AEGEA comes to us today, the anticipated 2-record set of experimental recordings made by WPC in the spring of 2007. A first pressing will be offered in 250 vinyl copies, with each edition hand numbered and annotated by Billy himself; and an expected release date in the next 6-8 weeks. Sales will transact online and be sent via secured shipping, with a few limited copies to be found in-store at Madame Zuzu’s Teahouse, Highland Park, Illinois.

The price will be 59.95 $ + appropriate carrying costs to the country of your choice.

From Billy: “As a work, AEGEA is experimental in nature, and comes across as more a soundtrack to some lost foreign film than the kind of music I’m usually associated with. Listening back I quite like how AEGEA goes along, as it has qualities that are both meditative and alien; but not alienating.”

Ram27
04-08-2014, 05:14 PM
News on AEGEA comes to us today, the anticipated 2-record set of experimental recordings made by WPC in the spring of 2007.

What a pretentious writing style.

So is this Monte writing?

slunken
04-08-2014, 05:14 PM
wonder what it actually sounds like/what instruments are used.

slunken
04-08-2014, 05:15 PM
wonder if its multi-tracked or just live segments of messing around

slunken
04-08-2014, 05:18 PM
if 6-8 weeks is the anticipated deadline its safe to say the art is done the mastering is done and the records are being pressed right now (in a real world scenario).

slunken
04-08-2014, 05:19 PM
I heard most US pressing plants are backed up because of RSD.

juliana
04-08-2014, 05:25 PM
I wonder if we will ever receive the adore reissue, more likely to find mh370.

Shallowed
04-08-2014, 05:35 PM
if 6-8 weeks is the anticipated deadline its safe to say the art is done the mastering is done and the records are being pressed right now (in a real world scenario).

It's really strange that all this went on while we've been having all of these recording session updates and announcements of announcements. This announcement didn't even get its own announcement.

slunken
04-08-2014, 05:50 PM
pretty much guaranteed to be snippets of synth noodling and nothing else.

slunken
04-08-2014, 05:54 PM
250 copies sounds coll. would be worth buying and flipping for profit to a retarded fan at a later date.

Raskolnikov
04-08-2014, 06:32 PM
So is this Monte writing?

Monte bashing aside - really, though - who's writing this?! If it's Billy referring to Billy in the 3rd person WPC sense, that's just downright odd.

Ram27
04-08-2014, 06:52 PM
Monte bashing aside - really, though - who's writing this?! If it's Billy referring to Billy in the 3rd person WPC sense, that's just downright odd.

The 'From Billy:' makes it seem like it's legitimately someone else. But if they wanted to sound official why would they write words like in the first paragraph.

slunken
04-08-2014, 07:30 PM
I keep forgetting to check the actual site to look at the pictures of these posts. Wish those labels were legible.

CrabbMan
04-08-2014, 07:51 PM
250 copies sounds coll. would be worth buying and flipping for profit to a retarded fan at a later date.

But we are the retarded fans.

butthurt
04-08-2014, 08:44 PM
Will it sound a lot like Mountain?

MonteLDS
04-08-2014, 08:49 PM
I keep forgetting to check the actual site to look at the pictures of these posts. Wish those labels were legible.

they are

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/e56f8f_b261d9ad2a6d4b0bac9c931b66cc787b.jpg

juliana
04-08-2014, 08:59 PM
Monte, don't come back till you have adore news.

Rider
04-08-2014, 09:20 PM
The price will be 59.95 $ + appropriate carrying costs to the country of your choice.

They can't even say 59.95 plus shipping and handling like any normal person, they have figure out some fucked up fancy self important way to say it.

Araneae
04-08-2014, 10:29 PM
They can't even say 59.95 plus shipping and handling like any normal person, they have figure out some fucked up fancy self important way to say it.

The only time I've seen something worded like that is in legal documents. But nobody uses legal jargon outside of legal documents or in everyday language, especially not lawyers.

The Omega Concern
04-08-2014, 10:59 PM
This actually sounds interesting, assuming its a solo thing mainly and the newbies are out of the way.

T&T
04-08-2014, 11:25 PM
neat. anyone have a lossless upload yet? FLAC 2496!?

SlingeroGuitaro
04-08-2014, 11:37 PM
Any minute now

T&T
04-08-2014, 11:38 PM
monday?

dustrock
04-09-2014, 12:11 AM
WPC

redbreegull
04-09-2014, 12:33 AM

baaaaaaaahahahahaha

killtrocity
04-09-2014, 12:56 AM
It's probably 7 hours of bolly farting into a trombone

juliana
04-09-2014, 01:06 AM

Stuck in the past! Nothing that good has happened in a long time.

Cool As Ice Cream
04-09-2014, 03:18 AM

making a profit on $60 + shipping? lol! good one. how retarded do you need this fan to be?

i bet shipping will be even more than $60.

slunken
04-09-2014, 06:50 AM
For you yes

Cool As Ice Cream
04-09-2014, 07:04 AM
Billy Corgan to sell “Experimental in nature” vinyl called AEGEA.

Billy Corgan is planing on releasing some experimental recordings from the spring of 2007 titled “AEGEA”. A “first pressing will be offered in 250 vinyl copies” and will be made available for just under $60. Each edition hand numbered and annotated by Billy (just like in the old days).

Billy wrote “As a work, AEGEA is experimental in nature, and comes across as more a soundtrack to some lost foreign film than the kind of music I’m usually associated with. Listening back I quite like how AEGEA goes along, as it has qualities that are both meditative and alien; but not alienating.”

Want a copy? Well, you’re gonna have to wait 6-8 weeks when this release will be on sale online. Or if you are old fashion and want to go to a store, a few will be available for sale at Madame Zuzu’s.
the gift that keeps on giving

juliana
04-09-2014, 10:30 AM
making a profit on $60 + shipping? lol! good one. how retarded do you need this fan to be?

i bet shipping will be even more than $60.

I don't understand the issue, he can charge shipping separate. There is some goober who will pay $250 eventually for it.

Cool As Ice Cream
04-09-2014, 10:44 AM
is there any interest in this? will they be able to sell all 250 copies?

either way, i really doubt this is a good investment. even if it sells out, most of those copies will be bought by someone hoping to make some profit on them. it won't work. nobody will ever pay $250 for this.

at the same time, this spnexusblog person seems to be very optimistic about the interest in this release:
A first pressing will be offered in 250 vinyl copies
by using "a first pressing", they're implying there might be a second pressing.

Cool As Ice Cream
04-09-2014, 10:44 AM
I don't understand the issue, he can charge shipping separate.
i don't understand what you're saying.

juliana
04-09-2014, 10:50 AM
I don't think I understood what you were saying actually lol.

Anyways, if slunken is in the states the shipping will be minor. Outside of the USA and shipping can suck ass.

Cool As Ice Cream
04-09-2014, 10:57 AM
i was saying that zuzus will obviously never offer decent shipping costs, even if you were living nextdoor. so if you want to make a profit, you need to take those shipping costs into account, on top of the already expensive price of 60 fucking dollars.

it just doesn't sound like a good plan. if this was priced normally, and if shipping costs ended up being normal, at least there's a chance you can sell it for a profit once it's sold out.

i'm not saying they can't sell it at $60 or whatever. they can do what they want. (i guess they rather sell 250 copies at $60 then try to sell 500 at $30 an and up with hundreds of unsold copies.)
but if i was trying to make an extra buck on the back of a limited release, i'd pick another release.

juliana
04-09-2014, 11:15 AM
i was saying that zuzus will obviously never offer decent shipping costs, even if you were living nextdoor. so if you want to make a profit, you need to take those shipping costs into account, on top of the already expensive price of 60 fucking dollars.

it just doesn't sound like a good plan. if this was priced normally, and if shipping costs ended up being normal, at least there's a chance you can sell it for a profit once it's sold out.

i'm not saying they can't sell it at $60 or whatever. they can do what they want. (i guess they rather sell 250 copies at $60 then try to sell 500 at $30 an and up with hundreds of unsold copies.)
but if i was trying to make an extra buck on the back of a limited release, i'd pick another release.

True.

However, I don't know how much they charge for shipping. Never tried buying from them. I just think the USA shipping will be good because of the way it is set up in general.

Cool As Ice Cream
04-09-2014, 11:16 AM
i was assuming these would be sold through the teashop's webshop. and so i also assumed all orders would be handled from within the teashop by that airplane mode waitress.

http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com/#!Sunday-with-Rumi/c7ba/9B308F72-0890-4069-8189-324B3C2EEE4D
Also announced were plans to release a series of experimental recordings from 2007 (which will appear on a private press label sold through Zuzu’s), as well as the possibility of an extensive Siddhartha set offered for release later this year; in exclusive vinyl, collectors sets.

Cool As Ice Cream
04-09-2014, 11:19 AM
However, I don't know how much they charge for shipping.
me neither.

juliana
04-09-2014, 11:23 AM
I won't be buying one anyways so... meh.

T&T
04-09-2014, 01:24 PM
can we start a leak thread?

Shallowed
04-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Let's wait for someone to announce that they're leaking it first. No need to make an announcement of an announcement.

slunken
04-09-2014, 04:15 PM
the shipping cost is going to be comparable/regular USPS shipping rates. this isn't rocket science.

Araneae
04-09-2014, 08:27 PM
It's shameful that they're trying to turn a profit for their tea shop by trying to exploit SP fans. I refuse to support any of this rubbish, so I'll resort to downloading it instead. I hope this doesn't become a trend for future SP releases, namely the reissues.

slunken
04-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Yes the rest of the reissues are going to be sold exclusively on the counter next to the register at Zuzus :erm:

slunken
04-09-2014, 08:44 PM
I like this limited release just because it confuses retarded sp fans

Araneae
04-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Yes the rest of the reissues are going to be sold exclusively on the counter next to the register at Zuzus :erm:

I wouldn't put it past them anymore.

If he doesn't mind selling tea at SP concerts, then I don't see why he would mind doing some kind of limited edition crap with some SP releases at zuzu's.

slunken
04-09-2014, 09:07 PM
But it's not exclusive to the tea shop.

slunken
04-09-2014, 09:08 PM
I don't see the problem.

Araneae
04-09-2014, 09:16 PM
That's true, the reissues wouldn't be or any future SP releases because they're tied to big labels. Though, if he wanted to, he could do something like an exclusive limited edition lithograph of an Adore photo. But there other things, like the Chicago songs, that he could sell exclusively through his tea shop label. For me it's just the principal of the matter, I'd buy a limited edition lithograph of Yelena's work but not if I'm forced to support his tea shop.

slunken
04-09-2014, 09:40 PM
Tea shop label?

Any money corgan gets "supports" his tea shop. I don't understand.

Araneae
04-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Also announced were plans to release a series of experimental recordings from 2007 (which will appear on a private press label sold through Zuzu’s), as well as the possibility of an extensive Siddhartha set offered for release later this year; in exclusive vinyl, collectors sets.

That's the part that made me think that they have more plans to sell music and exclusives directly through zuzu's.

I can't say for certain how Billy funds his shop at this point, if he has investors or not, or what deals he has with the town and his previous partners, but I understand your point. I don't have a problem supporting SP music, or old solo/zwan music, but I don't want to do it through his tea shop. I just don't want to give their website any traffic or look at their teas, which is what they're essentially hoping for by doing this, that people will also spend a few more bucks to try some of their tea since they're already putting in an order.

juliana
04-09-2014, 10:39 PM
but I don't want to do it through his tea shop. I just don't want to give their website any traffic or look at their teas, which is what they're essentially hoping for by doing this, that people will also spend a few more bucks to try some of their tea since they're already putting in an order.

Why? Why care?

Araneae
04-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Why care about what?

Why care about anything?

I don't want any part of it. That's why. It's just a personal choice.

juliana
04-09-2014, 11:18 PM
I don't know why his little tea shop is a line in the sand. Supposedly his tea shop is better able to fill orders than the sp online shop did.

Araneae
04-09-2014, 11:39 PM
I wouldn't say it's a line in the sand, there are just certain things that I don't want to support of his and that's just one of them.

Maybe the official site could if Billy actually hired and invested in a professional to handle it, a good start would be to hire a proper web designer. Anyway, I personally never ordered from the online SP shop, I always went through my local record store.

amoergosum
04-10-2014, 07:08 AM
Fast forward 10 years when Billy is going to release the Final Metro show only on limited vinyl.

'So Billy...how much are you going to charge for the upcoming limited vinyl edition?'

>>>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/l91ISfcuzDw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slunken
04-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Wu-Tang Clan is already releasing an album for $1,000,000.00. Not ground breaking to do it in ten years.... :p

that's misleading. it's a "single sale collectors item"

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Tea shop label?

Any money corgan gets "supports" his tea shop. I don't understand.

it's underwater, probably.

juliana
04-10-2014, 05:55 PM
It's like how starbucks sells music. Also, zuzu's is like his creative hub outside sp and this release isn't really an sp thing.

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:05 PM
It's like how starbucks sells music. Also, zuzu's is like his creative hub outside sp and this release isn't really an sp thing.

my point was that this isn't that big of a deal. it's no different than anyone else who owns a shop also selling something else they do on the side there.

andy on parks and rec sold his bands cds at his shoeshine stand but that certainly wasn't an "exclusive shoe shine only release"
or a guy who runs a bookstore also selling some local cd of a band he's in
or a woman who runs an antique shop selling copies of her book

i've bought an insanely good record at a local new age shop before (by the guy who runs the shop) and found some great comics from a bartender at a bar.

not everybody lives online and sometimes you find out about things removed from the source. idk if i would go the generic starbucks music route though...

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:08 PM
tbh i'm on the fence about purchasing a copy. depends on the packaging or any other info to be released. if i hate it, like i said, i could always sell it for a profit.

look at how much those astral plains and the other limited 7"s go for...

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:18 PM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb14/slunken_2007/SP%20LOL/pissjugs_zpsee6d6efc.jpg (http://s207.photobucket.com/user/slunken_2007/media/SP%20LOL/pissjugs_zpsee6d6efc.jpg.html)

Araneae
04-10-2014, 06:40 PM
my point was that this isn't that big of a deal. it's no different than anyone else who owns a shop also selling something else they do on the side there.

To be honest, slunken, maybe I'm partly wrestling and tea fatigued. Maybe I wouldn't mind as much if he didn't tie in his music with them so often lately. Providing VIP tea packages on tour and having "SP" sign autographs at his wrestling show was just the beginning in a long line of tie-ins. I just don't care about wrestling or his tea shop to be bombarded with it every single time he opens his mouth or by seeing it on SP media sites. I think it's absurd to read about 10 updates of wrestling and tea news on the official SP facebook page within a couple of weeks, when we barely get a peep on any Adore news. He has become a walking advertisement. Every time he's on TV lately he's wearing those tea shop shirts and surrounding himself with his wrestlers, no matter what the event is for. It's just too much.

It comes down to this, his tea business isn't doing well at all and, instead of hiring a professional manager and having a viable business plan to help it grow locally, he's resorting to using SP/Billy fans to keep it afloat and generate publicity (which still isn't working). Like Billy said, this is only the beginning of his plans.

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 06:41 PM
andy on parks and rec sold his bands cds at his shoeshine stand but that certainly wasn't an "exclusive shoe shine only release"

only because nobody wrote a line for april

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:46 PM
he's resorting to using SP/Billy fans to keep it afloat and generate publicity (which still isn't working).

that's because sp fans are retarded and he knows it. lets not pretend that if billy wasn't in sp to begin with that this tea shop wouldn't exist. it ONLY exists because of SP/Billy fans. that's where the money came from to begin with.

i missed the tea on tour thing and i don't follow the fb feeds because there isn't any news and i also missed the sp signings at wrestling events because i don't care about that either.

so for someone who isn't stalking the band 24/7 i don't think its that big of a deal. maybe its a matter of zooming out a little.

its like following both monte and crestfallen on twitter and then complaining that the posts are exactly the same.

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:47 PM
ie - how could monte separate his personal life from his website when the website is his life

fuzzyroes
04-10-2014, 06:49 PM
It's probably not going to be music that we're going to enjoy listening to anyways. Seems to me that the only appeal that it will have will be for collecting purposes... And even then, he left the door open for more pressings, which will certainly hurt the value of the "original run"

I don't see the problem with him releasing it/selling it through Zu-Zu's and it's website. It's an independent release so he may as well sell it through his little shop that he already has up and running.

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:51 PM
And even then, he left the door open for more pressings, which will certainly hurt the value of the "original run"

i can guarantee that subsequent pressings, if it were indeed to happen, would be either cd or digital only.

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:52 PM
that's just billy dreaming big, as always

Araneae
04-10-2014, 06:53 PM
that's because sp fans are retarded and he knows it. lets not pretend that if billy wasn't in sp to begin with that this tea shop wouldn't exist. it ONLY exists because of SP/Billy fans. that's where the money came from to begin with.

i missed the tea on tour thing and i don't follow the fb feeds because there isn't any news and i also missed the sp signings at wrestling events because i don't care about that either.

so for someone who isn't stalking the band 24/7 i don't think its that big of a deal. maybe its a matter of zooming out a little.

its like following both monte and crestfallen on twitter and then complaining that the posts are exactly the same.

As I remember it, the tea business started as a partnership with a professional business owner in his neighborhood and he wasn't supposed to be actively involved in it. He was just the co-owner.

Oh come on now, you don't have to stalk the band 24/7 to see these things. I didn't know about the VIP thing until Pave mentioned it to me in a thread. The wrestling thing I read on Netphoria. Netphoria is pretty much the source of all my SP news. I just look at fb for Adore news.

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:53 PM
here's the thing - what other website would it be sold through???

zuzu's already has an online shop that took them ages to set up. why try and build one through nexus?

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 06:54 PM
pretty sure he's selling this stuff "through" the tea shop because he's making something specifically to balance the teashop's books maybe for tax reasons i don't know i'm not an accountant

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:55 PM
i just think some people are looking WAAAY to much into this (big surprise sp fans)

i mean he also sells shitty t-shirts through the zuzu's webstore but nobody is really complaining about OMG THE TEA STRE NEEDS TO SELL TEA ONLY WHAT IS THIS SOME KIND OF GARMENT INDUSTRY FASHION LABEL NOW

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:56 PM
pretty sure he's selling this stuff "through" the tea shop because he's making something specifically to balance the teashop's books maybe for tax reasons i don't know i'm not an accountant

this is an interesting thought

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 06:57 PM
what the motherfucker needs to do is add a goddamn coffee machine

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:58 PM
WHAT THE FUCK A ZUZUS MUG I GUESS BILLY STARTING A CERAMICS FACTORY NOW OH GEEZE FOCUS ON DA MUSIC

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 06:58 PM
like someone could be like "yo i want some tea, yo"
and then another motherfucker would be like "that sounds good"
and then the third motherfucker goes "you english limey fags i drink coffee"
and then the first two motherfuckers are like "well we can't go to zuzu's then"

good work bill

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:59 PM
what the motherfucker needs to do is add a goddamn coffee machine

it would probably be a lot easier to fill the seats and get people to stay

slunken
04-10-2014, 06:59 PM
BILLY CORGAN AKA MR DRIP

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:00 PM
LIVE THIS WEDNESDAY FROM 3PM TO 530PM FIRST COME FIRST SERVE

Araneae
04-10-2014, 07:05 PM
i just think some people are looking WAAAY to much into this (big surprise sp fans)

i mean he also sells shitty t-shirts through the zuzu's webstore but nobody is really complaining about OMG THE TEA STRE NEEDS TO SELL TEA ONLY WHAT IS THIS SOME KIND OF GARMENT INDUSTRY FASHION LABEL NOW

What? Why does a tea shop only need to sell tea? I don't think I was arguing that at all. Sure, he's trying to make the tea shop be everything all at once but that's his problem.

My only complaint is him using his music fans and the SP label to sell his tea. I understand why he's doing but I think it's cheap.

I get it, you're not going to understand my take on this and that's fine.

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:06 PM
No, I understand that smashing pumpkins fans are retarded.

fuzzyroes
04-10-2014, 07:07 PM
who really cares if he's trying to make some money for his shitty little tea store?

Araneae
04-10-2014, 07:11 PM
No, I understand that smashing pumpkins fans are retarded.

I know, you mention it every second post.

Might I remind you that you're the one that repeatedly said in this thread that you "don't understand" and you're probably not going to. I just don't agree with the principal behind it, it's simple.

juliana
04-10-2014, 07:12 PM
here's the thing - what other website would it be sold through???

zuzu's already has an online shop that took them ages to set up. why try and build one through nexus?

This.

I don't really see it as a big deal either that he sells it via zuzus. It is just the easiest for him. And yes, it could be possible he might try avoid paying taxes etc.

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:13 PM
my sister lives in downtown chicago and i guess H.Park is like 45 minutes out into the suburbs but I would go there every chance I got - sorry about it.

tbch i think it's just a matter of convenience. "hey you may not obsessively follow me online but i released this limited album that you can't purchase at best buy"

there are plenty of artists who i don't/can't follow online and if they ran a store and i saw something like that/this on the counter/under the display i would be extremely interested in.

i wouldn't berate them for cross-pollinating. if anything it would get me interested.

juliana
04-10-2014, 07:13 PM
who really cares if he's trying to make some money for his shitty little tea store?

Woahhhh! I agree with fuzzy! Did they find mh370 too?

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 07:20 PM
it would probably be a lot easier to fill the seats and get people to stay

when you limit what is, essentially, a coffeeshop to TEA ONLY OR GET OUT it's hard to fathom, tbh.

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:23 PM
seriously though if ANY artist ran a store I would be more than greatful if I could pick up some of their material while I am there. the more limited and the more exclusive the better.

if genesis p-orridge (i'm just picking names here randomly) ran a laundromat, I would certainly hope I could pick up some rare/weirdo releases while I am there.

Araneae
04-10-2014, 07:26 PM
I honestly did not mind the shop at all when it started, I even thought it might be good for him to have something outside of music to focus on. I thought of going, too. I just don't know what the fuck has happened in the past 9-12 months and who's idea it was to go down this marketing route, when Billy was so adamant against it previously. He wanted the shop to succeed on its own merit.

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:27 PM
or what about bands on tour that have a merch table and sell releases from their side projects? i love it to death when that happens.

i saw vivian girls way back and was like where are the "the babies" cdrs?
i saw lightning bolt and was like where are the comics?

guess what? both had them.

i saw steve reich give a lecture and guess what not only could you buy some books you could buy some albums as well.

juliana
04-10-2014, 07:28 PM
when you limit what is, essentially, a coffeeshop to TEA ONLY OR GET OUT it's hard to fathom, tbh.

They have coffee actually, at least they did at the beginning.

The issue is the location

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:28 PM
now i'm on a google hunt to find musical artists who also run/own/operate storefronts.

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:30 PM
The issue is the location

yea - 45 minutes out into the 'burbs. also there are plenty of amazing coffee options available. i think everyone in chi-town is all about intelligensia coffee atm.

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:30 PM
i mean its not like this shop is "downtown" or in wicker park or something

pavementtune
04-10-2014, 07:34 PM
or what about bands on tour that have a merch table and sell releases from their side projects? i love it to death when that happens.

i saw vivian girls way back and was like where are the "the babies" cdrs?
i saw lightning bolt and was like where are the comics?

guess what? both had them.

i saw steve reich give a lecture and guess what not only could you buy some books you could buy some albums as well.

That's not even comparable to Zuzu's "I don't know what's in it, but it's money for me" approach and you know it.

juliana
04-10-2014, 07:36 PM
Billy realized that neighbourhood is dead and could only make SP fans travel to see him. He then realized a lot of SP fans can't come to Chicago. So he decided to embrace his fans to keep his hobbies alive.

I think he thought before that SP fans would scare customers... Do you blame him?

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:36 PM
i'm gonna buy a zuzu's shirt right now just out of spite

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 07:37 PM
OH ALRIGHT THEN

adamdanger!
04-10-2014, 07:41 PM
I wonder if Sammy Hagar fans bitch about tequila.

Araneae
04-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Supposedly it's a decent location for HP, near the metra. It was supposed to be a local shop, but it hasn't turned a profit in its two years, even with his campaign to host DJ sets.

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:43 PM
woah what the fuck 2.50 tax and $10 shipping gtfo

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:44 PM
i'm not paying $43 for a shirt

gonna need more beer first

juliana
04-10-2014, 07:44 PM
That's absolutely not what he said when they opened.
He wanted a place for LOCAL people to meet, add something that HP didn't have. Naturally he did everything to make sure that wouldn't work out.

He said something like how if SPfans came to stalk him all the time he would stop going into the shop, he said it before it opened.

juliana
04-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Supposedly it's a decent location for HP, near the metra. It was supposed to be a local shop, but it hasn't turned a profit in its two years, even with his campaign to host DJ sets.

It is supposedly a quiet area with not a lot of foot traffic.

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:48 PM
judging from the price of a shirt - a double LP shipping would be about $25

with tax the double LP of AEAGEA will cost about $90

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:49 PM
It is supposedly a quiet area with not a lot of foot traffic.

"We depend on drive-by traffic for business,"
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/20586327/billy-courgan-violates-city-code-with-oversized-sign

slunken
04-10-2014, 07:52 PM
YEA BUT ZUZUS DOESN'T HAVE A LIQUOR LICENSE DOES IT PAVEMENTTUNE???

Araneae
04-10-2014, 07:54 PM
NO BELLY IS ALLERGIC TO ALCOHOL

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 07:57 PM
He wanted a place for LOCAL people to meet

A local shop you say? For local people?

Araneae
04-10-2014, 07:58 PM
See? They're asking twice as much for everything. The tea isn't worth more than 50% for that quality and origin, same goes for the antiques, and the shirts.

Billy claimed in a recent article that raising the prices has made the store more popular in HP…but what I think he really meant is that it made up for losses with no gain in clientele.

There is truth to what you say, especially in Chicago. The tea market has been growing for a while now and Billy is actually quite late to the game. I think he would have been better served to stick to the original plan, to really grow the store locally and build it around the community, and then think about expanding internationally through their online store. It's obvious there's no real business plan in place, and they're just trying to do everything all at once.

fuzzyroes
Who the fuck would wanna buy and wear a ZuZus tea shop shirt anyways?

I mean, we're all adults here.

juliana
I have bought tea at the prices billy sells his at. Don't know if it is as good as the tea I have though.

The problem with his stuff is it doesn't come across as special or specialty. The tea brands that sell at that price point really have beautiful products which match the quality.

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 07:59 PM
I mean, we're all adults here.

says the guy who just posted about green day on the music board

pavementtune
04-10-2014, 08:00 PM
A local shop you say? For local people?

I never got your avatar thingy - where is that quote from?

fuzzyroes
04-10-2014, 08:00 PM
Yeah man, I posted that Insomniacs a really quality album. Then you came in with some sarcastic comment.

pavementtune
04-10-2014, 08:05 PM
I have bought tea at the prices billy sells his at. Don't know if it is as good as the tea I have though.

The problem with his stuff is it doesn't come across as special or specialty. The tea brands that sell at that price point really have beautiful products which match the quality.

Plus teas in this price category are fair trade, have a certificated origin and are not the result of some halfwit fiddling around with it to create the ultimate "24 hours awake my heart is racing" energy drink. The price is the only thing that gives Zuzu's tea the appearance to be high class, and people fall for it. Namely SP fans who pay for international shipping, but that doesn't work in a wealthy suburb to draw in locals.

Araneae
04-10-2014, 08:10 PM
I wondered about that. I'm a tea drinker and there's nothing about this guy's tea that certifies its quality and origins. His website doesn't even have much information when I checked it out. Asides from the absurdly high prices for what they're selling, the packaging is also awful.

I just took a look at Billy's tea shop's twitter. Now they're importing local food from farms in New York. Are local Illinois farms not good enough? Way to not build local support.

fuzzyroes
04-10-2014, 08:10 PM
I think ZuZu's is intended to be some kind of Tourist trap. Music fans just pass on thru when they're out in Chi-Town because it's "Billy Corgans place" and probably buy a bunch of cheap T-shirts and overpriced nick-nacks

slunken
04-10-2014, 08:15 PM
talked to my sister - gonna trade some records for a zuzu's shirt

juliana
04-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Plus teas in this price category are fair trade, have a certificated origin and are not the result of some halfwit fiddling around with it to create the ultimate "24 hours awake my heart is racing" energy drink. The price is the only thing that gives Zuzu's tea the appearance to be high class, and people fall for it. Namely SP fans who pay for international shipping, but that doesn't work in a wealthy suburb to draw in locals.

I also wonder if they steep it properly. Do they make it in a teapot and bring it to your table?

I will try their tea and have some veggie sandwich there and see if it is any good some day. Kinda funny to think Billy's gf is making you a sandwich.

I know previously they had a really nice rose tea but this is when they just opened.

fuzzyroes
04-10-2014, 08:18 PM
talked to my sister - gonna trade some records for a zuzu's shirt

that should impress the ladies. Reppin' a Tea-shop in t-shirt form:smoke:

fuzzyroes
04-10-2014, 08:19 PM
I also wonder if they steep it properly. Do they make it in a teapot and bring it to your table?

I will try their tea and have some veggie sandwich there and see if it is any good some day. Kinda funny to think Billy's gf is making you a sandwich.

I know previously they had a really nice rose tea but this is when they just opened.

Why's that Chick even working at Billy's little shop in the first place? Isn't her dad some famous clothing designer?

slunken
04-10-2014, 08:20 PM
well its not just a tea shop remember its now an obscure record label right?

fuzzyroes
04-10-2014, 08:21 PM
True, In that case, You got mad cred man. Hipster kids gonna be all over that shite

Araneae
04-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Don't forget, it's also a garment fashion label.

fuzzyroes
04-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Just don't tell em it's run by Billy Corgan

juliana
04-10-2014, 08:23 PM
I think I am gonna make tea now lolz

fuzzyroes
04-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Don't forget, it's also a garment fashion label.

yeah man, nothing better thank rocking some threads with an MS Paint JPEG on it

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 08:27 PM
I never got your avatar thingy - where is that quote from?

league of gentlemen, one of the most twisted and darkest comedies ever

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YOtpgz4L5d8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

juliana
04-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Why's that Chick even working at Billy's little shop in the first place? Isn't her dad some famous clothing designer?

Billy eats pussy like a champ is my guess.

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 08:34 PM
you mean your fantasy

fuzzyroes
04-10-2014, 08:34 PM
You may have a point. Didn't even Courtney Love say that the ole B0lsters great in the sack? And lord knows she's been around the block a couple of times

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 08:39 PM
ugh i'm not reading this

juliana
04-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I think his gf loves him and is very young and wants to help her man.
AND HE IS A PUSSY EATING CHAMP lmao, cause it sure ain't his sexy body or his good looks keeping her around (let's be honest).

And ya if Billy was shitty in bed or had a small dick courtney would let us know.

juliana
04-10-2014, 08:40 PM
Maybe his fucked up teeth some how aid in his carpet munching. Buahahaha thread ruined!

fuzzyroes
04-10-2014, 08:45 PM
Maybe his fucked up teeth some how aid in his carpet munching. Buahahaha thread ruined!

haha that's hilarious maybe Juliana ain't so bad after all:smoke:

Araneae
04-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Please go back to not liking each other.

I cannot unsee what I just saw in those last couple of posts.

fuzzyroes
04-10-2014, 08:53 PM
Whatcha talkin' bout Willis?

You scarred for life bro?

juliana
04-10-2014, 09:20 PM
This is the song he has playing in the background

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i7P6ut6HPR8

Trotskilicious
04-10-2014, 11:53 PM
we didn't burn him!

Cool As Ice Cream
04-11-2014, 03:00 AM
they don't really go for that much. there was this guy on the oboard trying to sell his widow 7" for $300. he figured that wouldn't be a problem, as there are (unsold) copies on ebay for $400. in the end, he had to lower the price of his ebay auction a couple of times, and it sold for around $90.

as this aegea thing isn't even smashing pumpkins, i bet it'd go for even less. so there isn't a lot of profit to be made on $60 + shipping. if any.

adamdanger!
04-12-2014, 05:03 PM
I have a copy of Widow I bought online for $10 from Vintage Vinyl. It's actually a pretty cool physical package but the songs are so cringe worthy. I would feel bad selling it for more than $10.

absof
04-12-2014, 07:12 PM
^ I'll take it off your hands for $9.99 then. PM me your details.

Raskolnikov
04-12-2014, 09:47 PM
Wonder how the whole on-sale thing of this is gonna be announced - just sprung on us? Given a little bit of notice so we can blow up THE PANOPTICON'S servers?

With both Pitchfork and Spin picking this "story" up, I could see some vultures swarm in and try to buy 'em up.

Araneae
04-18-2014, 07:27 PM
AEGEA UPDATE

http://static.wix.com/media/e56f8f_de46099036ac4f50846e080c80c49ceb.jpg_256

On ‘AEGEA,’ the 2007 experimental recordings by WPC, a first run of 250 copies has been ordered with 50 of those being colored vinyl. As those are expected to arrive soon, only the printing of the gatefold covers is left as an issue before determining release.

The double disc set will inc.lude 5 shorter pieces, with 2 album-side extensions that are altered renderings of pieces 3 and 5. No titles are yet listed, but on the day of order a single excerpt will be shared.

The break-out of availability will be as follows: 200 copies via Madame Zuzu’s online store, 30 copies at Madame Zuzu’s Teahouse itself, 10 copies by way of the famed Vintage Vinyl in Evanston, IL, with 10 set aside for promotion.

The pending release is expected no later than mid-May.

Araneae
04-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Whomever is writing these non-WPC posts has really clunky writing. Is Monte the one writing these posts?

fuzzyroes
04-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Yeah, that writing has Monte written all over it

reprise85
04-18-2014, 09:41 PM
Monte would have written more like Corgan e.g. colours

pavementtune
04-18-2014, 09:49 PM
10 copies by way of the famed Vintage Vinyl
That's nice.
So is colored vinyl. Now add artwork that doesn't suck and I'm happy (assuming the tracks are worth a release.)

juliana
04-18-2014, 09:49 PM
I am starting to think SP management is some how the reason behind shitty sp info and not so much Billy. There was a lot of info in that post. Hmmmm.

D.
04-18-2014, 10:34 PM
my sister lives in downtown chicago and i guess H.Park is like 45 minutes out into the suburbs but I would go there every chance I got - sorry about it.
same here with my friend who lives downtown. she was there for a little bit of the siddhartha thing and for the last one he did. i'm visiting in both may and august and will most def hit it up at least once.

slunken
04-19-2014, 11:53 PM
But I am disappointed that they got rid of the plain-old Earl Grey tea. It was the only tea there I liked to drink.

you're the type of customer they don't want, clearly

slunken
04-20-2014, 12:06 AM
Earl grey is too common. Not high end enough. Spend some real money.

Cool As Ice Cream
04-22-2014, 05:10 AM
NO FATS NO FEMS

pavementtune
05-15-2014, 02:11 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TEeDbX7aH4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Smashing Pumpkins
Thu, May 15, 2014:
Due to high demand we are now offering a second pressing of another 250 copies, which will also be signed by WPC
https://twitter.com/SmashingPumpkin/status/466997540702142464

First pressing sold out in under a minute.

Implosion
05-15-2014, 02:19 PM
It's basically people paying $60 for a Billy autograph.

pavementtune
05-15-2014, 02:25 PM
I think it would sell pretty much the same without it. If you already have a vinyl SP collection, it's a nice addition.

Implosion
05-15-2014, 02:30 PM
I do have a collection, but this doesn't belong in it.

Araneae
05-15-2014, 03:32 PM
If people are willing to shell out $100-$200 on tea just to get an ugly poster then there are people that will pay $60 for a limited edition vinyl, regardless of the fact that they have no idea what this "experimental music" sounds like. I also guarantee that there are a few out there that bought more than one, including those who are looking to make a profit off of it.

Skradgee
05-15-2014, 04:00 PM
and so it begins

pavementtune
05-15-2014, 04:12 PM
http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=161307550719

Araneae
05-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Link doesn't work, looks like it was taken down. Did someone already have one up for sale?

Raskolnikov
05-15-2014, 04:30 PM
Looks like there's just one up right now - going for $75. I had a meeting at work that started at noon cst, but got back to my phone about 35 past... when they had JUST went up. Lucked out and grabbed a first edition copy.

Still not sure if the music is gonna be worth it - but $60 for a limited run of 250, signed, on colored wax, signed by BC with unreleased business? All told, worth a shot.

slunken
05-15-2014, 04:34 PM
Was it announced somewhere before it went on sale?

Cool As Ice Cream
05-15-2014, 04:35 PM
i don't think they're all on coloured vinyl. only 50 out of 250 are.
also, 50 are being reserved to be sold in the tea shop and to use for promotion, and it's not clear if (some of) these are on coloured vinyl or not...

slunken
05-15-2014, 04:35 PM
This was completely off my radar

Cool As Ice Cream
05-15-2014, 04:36 PM
Was it announced somewhere before it went on sale?

on spnexus.com, yesterday.

slunken
Coloured vinyl tea shop promotion 2014

slunken
on spnexus.com, yesterday.

Ah

Cool As Ice Cream
05-15-2014, 04:41 PM
it had been announced a couple of times before. "in about three weeks", that kind of vague announcement thing.
i guess it was also on the web of twitter accounts (zuzus, billy, sp, crestfallen) and a couple of other irrelevant online sources.

pavementtune
05-15-2014, 04:45 PM
The #3 clip they released today sounds like I'd go insane if I'd listen to an entire album of it. Not going to spin that on repeat, I guess, but I didn't expect some easy listening tracks.

Cool As Ice Cream
05-15-2014, 04:50 PM
marge!

Cool As Ice Cream
05-15-2014, 04:51 PM
The #3 clip they released today sounds like I'd go insane if I'd listen to an entire album of it. Not going to spin that on repeat, I guess, but I didn't expect some easy listening tracks.
haha, yeah. wtf, right? this is the kind of stuff i was expecting though, from those descriptions.

i'm surprised these sold out so quickly. is this mainly a collector's item then? or do you think a lot of people bought it for the music?

themadcaplaughs
05-15-2014, 05:25 PM
haha, yeah. wtf, right? this is the kind of stuff i was expecting though, from those descriptions.

i'm surprised these sold out so quickly. is this mainly a collector's item then? or do you think a lot of people bought it for the music?

We did not even get any previews of the music. As someone else earlier said, this was solely to get a collectible/autograph.

Araneae
05-15-2014, 06:48 PM
I read some of the Facebook comments and a lot more people bought multiples than I expected. One person bought 5 of them.

Funbags
05-15-2014, 10:28 PM
I read some of the Facebook comments and a lot more people bought multiples than I expected. One person bought 5 of them.

They should have made it one per customer. I bet most of these went to people who want to flip them on eBay.

juliana
05-15-2014, 10:37 PM
They did.

TuralyonW3
05-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Waiting for vinyl rip

Araneae
05-15-2014, 11:03 PM
They should have made it one per customer. I bet most of these went to people who want to flip them on eBay.

There's already a couple of listings on ebay selling it for $600.

paranoid
05-15-2014, 11:11 PM
There's already a couple of listings on ebay selling it for $600.

That's shitty. I might be in the minority here, but I think it's pretty shitty for people to do that. Doubt anyone would hunker down that much for it, though.

I got a copy of the 2nd pressing. I'm actually interested in the musical content, as I've been collecting a lot of experimental recordings for a while. Seeing that corgan has been dabbling with musique concrete lately, I'm really interested to see what this is all about. And yes, I do like the idea of owning a rare collectible on top of that.

juliana
05-15-2014, 11:29 PM
I agree. It is awful.

Ram27
05-16-2014, 12:00 AM
so is there a torrent yet and is it worth it?

pavementtune
05-16-2014, 06:28 AM
$595
http://m.ebay.com/itm/281338735401

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271459203065
Scalping fuckheads

The first one that went up for bidding already doubled - currently $142.
I didn't expect a bunch of people would bid more than $100 for it, right away.
Sure, numbered first pressing, autographed, colored vinyl.

But what kind of collector is paying that price for it before you have any info if the pressing is fucked somewhere, if this aqua vinyl looks like shit, if the sound is one big headache? And if 20 copies might not show up on eBay within weeks?

If there are only 50 copies, okay. But blindly paying $600 for one of 500 doesn't seem reasonable to me.

amoergosum
05-16-2014, 09:41 AM
It's the same old story with such limited releases...

Paul Weller has said that he won't be taking part in Record Store Day in the future after seeing his 2014 release sold online at vastly inflated prices.

Weller put out a one-off 7-inch, 'Brand New Toy', for this year's Record Store Day, which took place on Saturday (April 19). As with a majority of other releases this year, copies of the record appeared on eBay later that same day while other fans complained of the release being sold out as soon as record shops opened their doors.

Addressing the issue on his official website, Weller attacks the "touts" selling the limited edition Record Store Day releases and states that the online sale of records "goes against the whole philosophy" behind the annual event.

"I agree with all of you who have sent messages expressing your anger and disappointment at the exploitation of these "limited editions" by touts," Weller writes. "Apart from making the record, the rest has very little to do with me but I am disheartened by the whole thing and unfortunately I won't be taking part in Record Store Day again."

He continues: "It's such a shame because as you know I am a big supporter of independent record stores but the greedy touts making a fast buck off genuine fans is disgusting and goes against the whole philosophy of RSD. It only takes a few to spoil a wonderful concept for everyone else. Shame on those touts."

It was not just Paul Weller who saw limited edition Record Store Day releases being sold online on Saturday. Stereogum reports that bids on copies of Jack White's record breaking 7-inch release of 'Lazaretto' had reached over $600 (£350) while releases by LCD Soundsystem, REM and Pixies were also being traded for hundreds of pounds.

Source:
http://www.nme.com/news/paul-weller/76848#sIjjFdLFESbJVvPi.99

Funbags
05-16-2014, 10:10 AM
This is some fucked up shit.

Tootles
05-16-2014, 11:14 AM
Yea that is some fucked up shit. People selling this album that all we have heard from the netphoria crowd how bad the music will be, not going to add it to my collection, going to be horrible music, people just buying it for the autograph etc etc etc. Just horrible that they are selling something everyone has been bashing and no one wants. A fucking travesty

Funbags
05-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Hey...if anyone's going to buy it and not listen to it, it should be a fan.

Araneae
05-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Overall, AEGEA’s on-sale went fairly smooth, beyond a crushing demand making it so that we couldn’t access MadameZuzus.com servers; and therefore put the record up for purchase. A few clever-types were able to access certain pages before they’d gone public too, which I’ll write off as ‘fans of my music tend to be smarter than others’ bragging rights. Anyway…

In planning to release ‘AEGEA’ I’d considered different means, one of which was to release the double-vinyl to whomever might want it first, and then perhaps offer a single-disc version afterwards; which would only remove the 2 longer, alternate versions of pieces #3 and #5. Having listened this way I’d say the single disc feel is more like a lost movie soundtrack, the longer more like a strange chant. Obviously one disc would also mean a lower price point, and would just be made available whenever each edition of 500 might sell out; for I love the idea of a budding, building catalog in-store at Zuzu’s. My long-range thinking would be the offer of other titles by other artists as well; songstress Sierra Swan being among them. Because the teahouse attracts a lot of casual customers who don’t follow every stitch of news, and it would be great to offer them this music too.

But whatever I do, the double vinyl series of AEGEA is (for now) capped at 500 copies; all signed and numbered. And if I was guessing I’d say I’ll make a decision on whether or not to make a single-disc pressing in the next 2 weeks, which I’d only put up for sale when they were in hand. So if you’d be among those ordering, your copy would come right away.

Tootles
05-16-2014, 12:50 PM
No cynicism. Just truth. The thread is filled with negativity about the music and not purchasing this etc. until it sells out in a minute...then comes the bitch fest. There is absolutely no way to keep you fuckers happy

pavementtune
05-16-2014, 12:55 PM
The point was that it's shitty to buy 20 copies of just any limited release to sell it for $600.

Don't know what thread you've been reading, apparently not this one.

Araneae
05-16-2014, 01:04 PM
No cynicism. Just truth. The thread is filled with negativity about the music and not purchasing this etc. until it sells out in a minute...then comes the bitch fest. There is absolutely no way to keep you fuckers happy

Is that what you were getting at with that blithering diatribe? Go work on your reading comprehension skills.

Tootles
05-16-2014, 01:18 PM
pretty much guaranteed to be snippets of synth noodling and nothing else.
I won't be buying one anyways so... meh.
It's shameful that they're trying to turn a profit for their tea shop by trying to exploit SP fans. I refuse to support any of this rubbish
then I don't see why he would mind doing some kind of limited edition crap with some SP releases at zuzu's.
I don't want any part of it. That's why. It's just a personal choice.
It's probably not going to be music that we're going to enjoy listening to anyways.
can guarantee that subsequent pressings, if it were indeed to happen, would be either cd or digital only (fail slunken)
It's basically people paying $60 for a Billy autograph
I do have a collection, but this doesn't belong in it.
The #3 clip they released today sounds like I'd go insane if I'd listen to an entire album of it.

Yes you are right...I am sorry. No negativity. Just this and 5 pages of nothing to do with the music...but bitching that he is selling thru his teashop....

Tootles
05-16-2014, 01:55 PM
is there any interest in this? will they be able to sell all 250 copies?

either way, i really doubt this is a good investment. even if it sells out, most of those copies will be bought by someone hoping to make some profit on them. it won't work. nobody will ever pay $250 for this.

at the same time, this spnexusblog person seems to be very optimistic about the interest in this release:

by using "a first pressing", they're implying there might be a second pressing.

As usual....you couldn't have been more wrong on all accounts. $365.00

GLOWer
05-16-2014, 02:00 PM
i think most people are blindly buying this. i predict disappointment when people begin receiving their mostly unlistenable fully expensive vinyls. why Corgan would release aegea instead of the countless TGBK demos in a limited, two run capacity is beyond me.

juliana
05-16-2014, 02:04 PM
People are buying this as a collectors item not as anything else.

Tootles
05-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Cool as ice cream is like listening to the NFL draft "experts". Always spouting off about what they know but rarely correct

Araneae
05-16-2014, 02:12 PM

Araneae
05-16-2014, 02:13 PM

Yes you are right...I am sorry. No negativity. Just this and 5 pages of nothing to do with the music...but bitching that he is selling thru his teashop....

Grow the fuck up.

oh my god, how dare people have different opinions and not like everything that Billy does?

Way to cherry pick quotes and take them out of context just to try and prove your point while subsequently overlooking every other one. I noticed you didn't quote any of the the netphorians (those evil negative netphorians) that bought the vinyl.

As for me, whom you poorly quoted, it's not even in the same context at all of what you're bitching about.

Tootles
05-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Yes so poorly quoted ...... Word for word.....

Araneae
05-16-2014, 04:54 PM
Yes so poorly quoted ...... Word for word.....

My, you're not very bright.

Yes, poorly quoted, as opposed to misquoted, because you took it out of context and construed it to mean something else.

Do not respond to me again unless you learn how to write a proper sentence and improve your reading ability.

slunken
05-16-2014, 05:00 PM
I would be interested to see how many people bought multiple copies and how many multiples vs the fans that only bought one. I agree that these were probably purchased as collector items and most of them won't even be played. Shame.

slunken
05-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Let's be honest sp fans and a record buying audience tend not to go hand in hand.

slunken
05-16-2014, 06:22 PM
i didn't see the announcement because the news gets copiously copied and pasted here. thanks for letting me down guys

slunken
05-16-2014, 06:26 PM
of the 3 copies on ebay at the moment, one seller sells concert tickets for a living and another deals solely in autographed sports merchandise.

slunken
05-16-2014, 06:28 PM
nothing would make me happier at this point than to see the release or release date get fucked up somehow.

Tootles
05-16-2014, 06:51 PM
My, you're not very bright.

Yes, poorly quoted, as opposed to misquoted, because you took it out of context and construed it to mean something else.

Do not respond to me again unless you learn how to write a proper sentence and improve your reading ability.

Quoted perfectly. Thank you. And you will never tell me when and when I can't respond back you.

juliana
05-16-2014, 06:56 PM
Not sure why some are shitting on this album. From what I heard it sounds better than zeitgeist. Also, glad he found a format to release more experimental stuff and I hope in the future he released something that maybe I might be interested in but not vinyl please.

pavementtune
05-16-2014, 06:58 PM
i didn't see the announcement because the news gets copiously copied and pasted here. thanks for letting me down guys
My impression was you didn't actually want one.

tbh i'm on the fence about purchasing a copy. depends on the packaging or any other info to be released. if i hate it, like i said, i could always sell it for a profit.

slunken
05-16-2014, 07:02 PM
right - meaning i wouldn't be able to listen to it without actually buying it first. if sound clips or details about the packaging (like real pictures or real info) were released i could have made that decision before buying.

my point was i would have bought it blindly if none of that info was available, and then when i received and i decided i didn't like the music i could then in turn sell it for a profit.

not too sure what the point was in bringing up that quote? not that it matters at this point. right now i'm just slightly annoyed i didn't even get a chance to make that decision. it sold (out) under my radar.

slunken
05-16-2014, 07:05 PM
judging from that soundclip however i would have sold it after a few play-throughs

slunken
05-16-2014, 07:06 PM
can't have dilettante synth chud gumming up the real collection

Araneae
05-16-2014, 07:14 PM
Quoted perfectly. Thank you.

Nice attempt but it should be "It was quoted perfectly, thank you." You also don't need to double-space between sentences. However, you still need to work on your reading skills since you still don't understand the difference between taking things out of context and misquoting.

And you will never tell me when and when I can't respond back you.

I already did and you then responded with an attempt to write a proper sentence, you idiot.

Araneae
05-16-2014, 07:15 PM
You didn't end up buying one, slunken? There's still a chance Billy could press more or you can try the ebay route. After hearing the clip myself, I'd download it to give it a proper listen but I wouldn't consider buying it. I'm not much of a collector. The only thing I've been diligent in buying from SP lately are the reissues.

slunken
05-16-2014, 07:16 PM
You didn't end up buying one, slunken? .

no i didn't even hear about it until late yesterday when i read about it being sold out here

slunken
05-16-2014, 07:19 PM
can guarantee that subsequent pressings, if it were indeed to happen, would be either cd or digital only (fail slunken)

offering a 2nd pressing before the 1st one is released and only a few minutes after the first one sells out is not considered a "subsequent pressing." maybe it is, semantically, but that's not what i meant.

this "2nd pressing" was obviously a cash grab (not hating) - but it was.

slunken
05-16-2014, 07:21 PM
i mean it would have been easier to just make more (gets on the phone to the pressing plant - "make that 1000 copies!!!") but obviously the original run number was already published/bragged about.

pavementtune
05-16-2014, 07:22 PM
Well there was no further info on packaging or anything (the soundclip was only released an hour or so before the actual sale), so I misunderstood your post that you weren't really interested in that case.

Also 500 are already a lot for a no-name limited release, the appeal for a bunch of buyers was only the fact that these were still a collectible - numbered, few copies - no matter the music quality.

slunken
05-16-2014, 07:24 PM
now it will just be fun to watch and see how much the price fluctuates on these grip/flip versions between now and after the time the actual release comes out.

slunken
05-16-2014, 07:27 PM
(the soundclip was only released an hour or so before the actual sale)

talk about losing your blue collar roots. and to think - if i was still unemployed i probably would have been on top of this. but alas i have to work for a living and i'm not tethered to a computer or refreshing nexus on my phone every hour. i guess i could have programmed an rss feed for the site.

so many what ifs...

Araneae
05-16-2014, 07:42 PM
The way it was set up kind of made the situation ripe for the people looking to flip this. I wasn't interested in buying it, but I didn't know about the sale time either. The details were quite vague up until the very end. The announcements of announcements gets pretty confusing. I'm surprised they didn't set a limit per person but, to be perfectly honest, I don't think they really care who and how many a person bought, they only care that they were sold.

slunken
05-16-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm surprised they didn't set a limit per person but, to be perfectly honest, I don't think they really care who and how many a person bought, they only care that they were sold.

I was thinking they just didn't know how (if they did care).

slunken
05-16-2014, 07:46 PM
like i mentioned pages ago it WAS a no-brainer investment (purchasing copies i mean - not the release itself)

Araneae
05-16-2014, 07:54 PM
I was thinking they just didn't know how (if they did care).

It's certainly a possibility (if they don't know how to code properly) but I honestly don't think he even thought about it.

like i mentioned pages ago it WAS a no-brainer investment (purchasing copies i mean - not the release itself)

Definitely. If that person on ebay manages to sell it for $600 then that's a 900% markup on what was paid.

It's a merch promo game to make people aware that the "arts studio and teahouse" store exists, and it worked. Well played.

Indeed. It gets more international media exposure as well, which is what they wanted for the shop, which equals more online sales.

juliana
05-16-2014, 08:02 PM
There is going to be a third pressing, slunken. I don't think it will be signed. Basically, he is ordering them based on demand.

You could set up some type of alert maybe for when SP does something on FB or maybe billy's tweets on twitter. Like something that sends you a notification to your phone or something.

franzel
05-17-2014, 02:38 AM
From the clip I've heard, I'm actually excited! I hope it's in the vein of the Stigmata OST. It also reminded me of the Low album by David Bowie. It's nice to see Billy going in a more avantgarde route, instead of the cliched old rock of recent releases.

Woody
05-17-2014, 04:07 AM
Is there going to be a pressing for normal people. Whereby I can pay £10, play it once and never listen to it again?

slunken
05-17-2014, 07:01 AM
The length of time for this to come out is out of reach for pay pals refund policy. I could sell one right now without ever owning one and the buyer or eBay or PayPal wouldn't be able to do much about it.

Their window of opportunity for getting a refund would have ended (90 days). I think there is even a limit to leaving feedback.

slunken
05-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Just something to think about

slunken
05-17-2014, 04:45 PM
another one is up for $450.)

and this guy hawks exclusive records for a living (store owner style). i'm glad billy found a way for other people to make money.

juliana
05-17-2014, 05:23 PM
You could get someone to go to zuzus and pic it up for you. Don't know when they will be there call zuzus. They will also be at a record store in chicago. Mayve you could call them pay over the phone and have someone pick it up.

slunken
05-17-2014, 06:15 PM
I've thought about all that but as I mentioned, especially after hearing the clip, that I would only be buying to flip for profit. I realize my posts sound bitter. I'm not bitter I didn't get one it's more a matter of BC dipping his toes into something new and it being mishandled. It's like those 2 rsd 7"s forever ago. He finally does something right yet makes it impossible to obtain. Those were limited to 250 copies each. It's like he thinks his name is big enough to warrant headlining festival status yet he's afraid to press a reasonable amount of vinyl out of his own pocket. Dude is a tightwad. No wonder the archives never happened. He really underestimates his fans and is paralyzed without a major label backing him.

slunken
05-17-2014, 06:16 PM
Emphasis on : I realize my posts sound bitter

I mean there are bands that nobody has ever heard of that can easily sell out of 500 copies of anything (let alone 250) as long as it's good. It doesn't even need to be hyped.

This is being bought and sold on pure name recognition and branding. He could have charged 100 and it would have flown out the door.

T&T
05-17-2014, 07:32 PM
BREAKING NEWS: billy corgan is a tightwad.

D.
05-18-2014, 03:05 AM
YSI?

juliana
05-18-2014, 07:29 AM
Emphasis on : I realize my posts sound bitter

I mean there are bands that nobody has ever heard of that can easily sell out of 500 copies of anything (let alone 250) as long as it's good. It doesn't even need to be hyped.

This is being bought and sold on pure name recognition and branding. He could have charged 100 and it would have flown out the door.

He is only ordering them as they sell out. He doesn't want to be stuck with them. This is his first dip into selling music at zuzus.

slunken
05-18-2014, 09:26 AM
This is his first dip into selling music .

Obviously

juliana
05-18-2014, 11:01 AM
So what is the issue again? Maybe he really didn't think anyone would want it.

T&T
05-18-2014, 11:13 AM
billy corgan can't afford to loose 5000$. he can't even afford to feed his cats.

T&T
05-18-2014, 11:14 AM
Headline: Billy Corgan Eats Cats.

juliana
05-18-2014, 12:28 PM
Considering his houses, he might be spending a lot of money per month. Also, issues making a profit at the tea house.

How do you know it would cost 5k?

T&T
05-18-2014, 12:52 PM
I'm talking manufacturing costs.... pressing & packaging 250 records of AEGEA....
billy put 5000$ (20$ a unit) on the line to press 250 copies.
and 20$ per unit is a high estimate.
what are you talking about?

slunken
05-18-2014, 12:55 PM
How do you know it would cost 5k?

that's not a terrible estimate for the cost of pressing a double 12" in an edition of 500 (or750) on colored vinyl without knowing or seeing any actual details of the product.

T&T
05-18-2014, 01:01 PM
generate your own quote for a double LP:
http://www.urpressing.com/quotegen2LP.php

with generous settings (like 180g, CYMK custom sleeve...) it comes out to 21$ per vinyl for 250.
and 14$ each for a pressing of 500 (price is much lower because of fix cost for metal plates)

juliana
05-18-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm talking manufacturing costs.... pressing & packaging 250 records of AEGEA....
billy put 5000$ (20$ a unit) on the line to press 250 copies.
and 20$ per unit is a high estimate.
what are you talking about?

I was saying he might not have 5k to just throw in the wind if he has other expenses. He is just testing the waters to see how much he can sell. He knows now he can sell anything pretty quickly with an autograph on it.

T&T
05-18-2014, 04:49 PM
if he knows he can sell anything, what is he testing the waters for?

juliana
05-18-2014, 05:23 PM
I said now.

Elphenor
05-18-2014, 10:19 PM
So is there a way to just listen to this stuff?

D.
05-18-2014, 11:30 PM
So is there a way to just listen to this stuff?

Are you new to the internet?