View Full Version : A Brief History of Billy Corgan Losing His Goddamn Mind

Baffler_Meal
03-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Margin

Baffler_Meal
03-07-2014, 02:14 PM
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/a-brief-history-of-billy-corgan-losing-his-goddamn-mind

Nothing new to the folks who visit this forum, but it is interesting to see that more than just Netphoria is realizing that this guy has lost his form in more ways than one.

morespsoon
03-07-2014, 03:07 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jYj7T9eEQ4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

morespsoon
03-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Here we go, that whole article is a conspiracy to keep people from the truth...I'm seeing the light...:nooooo:

vice is owned by fox. they are slandering this guy so we dont accidentally listen to what he says and get any interesting ideas. listen to his alex jones interviews. he says some interesting stuff about how big corporations are influencing alternative media. he talks about social engineering (brainwashing) and here we have this wonderful gem of an article.

Order 66
03-07-2014, 03:25 PM
lot of that is factually incorrect. not that its supposed to be serious or anything. but i would like to see a real breakdown of the past 10 years

Trotskilicious
03-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Much more intelligent and literate people say things like that all the time. A faded rockstar rambling incoherently on a conspiracy talk show should be the last place you look for antiestablishment political theory and discussions on social contracts and the role media plays in establishing the status quo.

Nothing bill corrigan said on AJ's show was new or even interesting. It was a bunch of half understood concepts and misinformation.

Trotskilicious
03-07-2014, 05:30 PM
and illiterate babble.

Trotskilicious
03-07-2014, 05:42 PM
And yeh vice is owned by tyler durden i think

juliana
03-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Just seemed like a hater piece, who cars if Billy is doing coo coo stuff. Would rather him doing coo coo stuff like weird commercials and 8 hour tea events than another tarantula/sp trash song.

Shallowed
03-07-2014, 06:42 PM
It's all out of order, too. Jimmy was still in the band and Mike was still working at McDonalds when they were doing their so called Anniversary tour, when the take-my-dick-etc thing happened.

themadcaplaughs
03-07-2014, 07:43 PM
He forgot to mention the ridiculous doll wrestling thing that went down in 2009.

Trotskilicious
03-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Just seemed like a hater piece, who cars if Billy is doing coo coo stuff. Would rather him doing coo coo stuff like weird commercials and 8 hour tea events than another tarantula/sp trash song.

this yes

that tea shop "performance" was really half assed though

and that's kind of sad from someone who used to be a "perfectionist"

Bread Regal
03-07-2014, 10:05 PM
it was kind of a half assed cobbled together "take it as it comes thing" which i'm assuming is a primary theme in siddhartha, though admittedly i've never read it.

i really don't give a shit what he does, but he seems content doing this and he's gone awhile without a public meltdown so maybe this is better for his mental health.

null123
03-07-2014, 10:07 PM
vice cares a lot about billy corgan

toase
03-07-2014, 11:48 PM
or billy became a "freak vice material"

Trotskilicious
03-07-2014, 11:54 PM
lets hope vice is visiting netphoria right now, reading up on the united states video

TuralyonW3
03-08-2014, 12:04 AM
That's a stupid shitty article. Vice is usually better. Makes me feel bad for Billy actually

Araneae
03-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Didn't another publication recently release a list like this? It seems like every couple of years now someone compiles a trite list of Billy's top fuckeries from over the past 14 years.

Trotskilicious
03-08-2014, 12:18 AM
i know it's hilarious

Trotskilicious
03-08-2014, 12:19 AM
Didn't another publication recently release a list like this? It seems like every couple of years now someone compiles a trite list of Billy's top fuckeries from over the past 14 years.

here since you don't know here's how writing works

you have a writer
they have to write something
shit man remember bill corgan
i loved that rat in a cage song
wonder what he's up to
then they write a thing about him

i mean fuck it's not some kind of weird phenomenon to write about washed up rockers that do weird shit

Trotskilicious
03-08-2014, 12:20 AM
ON THE INTERNET

Araneae
03-08-2014, 12:36 AM
here since you don't know here's how writing works

you have a writer
they have to write something
shit man remember bill corgan
i loved that rat in a cage song
wonder what he's up to
then they write a thing about him

i mean fuck it's not some kind of weird phenomenon to write about washed up rockers that do weird shit

I guess that's true. Billy has done a lot of weird and dumb shit over the past 14 years but it's weird that some of them have taken notice and feel the urge to (badly) write about it. He's pretty much a non-story these days that they just stop, point, and laugh at. It also reinforces Billy's quest to censor critics, which is what makes this badly researched list fucking dumb. The conspiracy theories are the fucking worst.

Trotskilicious
03-08-2014, 12:39 AM
none issue i think you'll find

i keep up with him because of the weird and embarassing things he does, so do a lot of us here. i really don't think that the interest in bill is unusual, he's a very interesting one-of-a-kind weirdo there's really no taking that away from him

i think mostly people are more interested in keeping up with current people but every now and again there's always a story about axl rose or you know any number of washouts

lets compliment billy for not even considering for a single second any sort of reality television gig

Araneae
03-08-2014, 12:44 AM
Yeah, he's certainly never boring.

But the last part is not entirely true. Billy did want to start a reality television show about him and his wrestling company. That seems to have fallen through because I haven't heard him talk about it for a long while now.

Trotskilicious
03-08-2014, 12:54 AM
i was just thinking about how all those hair metal wankers started washing up on the shores of VH1 to wank in front of the camera in their 40s...bill is not even close to ever being interested in doing any of that. that's commendable

CELEBRITY SURVIVOR TONIGHT
Bill Corgan whines about how nobody understands him
Luke Perry eats a living cobra
Alicia Silverstone fights a donkey
and SCREECH <b>DIES</b>

Trotskilicious
03-08-2014, 12:55 AM
Yeah, he's certainly never boring.

But the last part is not entirely true. Billy did want to start a reality television show about him and his wrestling company. That seems to have fallen through because I haven't heard him talk about it for a long while now.

different because it's wrestling, and he was part owner

it's not like he's brett michaels dying for a paycheck

i think it fell through because billy got conned tbh. what kind of business idea is a local wrestling league. i mean what the fuck was it anyway

Araneae
03-08-2014, 01:02 AM
Yeah, it wasn't rock of love or some shit like that. But it's still kind of ridiculous. He certainly knows how to cash in using his fanbase to support his eccentricities, but those networks would have been nuts to take that on.

slunken
03-08-2014, 01:51 AM
lets compliment billy for not even considering for a single second any sort of reality television gig

I thought he did in fact consider doing one and I don't just mean that offhanded comment about American Idol.

slunken
03-08-2014, 01:52 AM
Oh nevermind I see it was about the wrestling thing. I couldn't remember.