View Full Version : Chances of SP getting inducted into RNR Hall of Fame

HereIsNoWhy4U
01-20-2014, 12:55 PM
They're up against Blur, Alice In Chains, Moby, Teenage Fanclub, Hole and Ice Cube among many others 'waiting in line'. Will they get inducted?

T&T
01-20-2014, 01:14 PM
not a chance.

rehabtranny
01-20-2014, 01:15 PM
the rock and roll hall of fame seems to have a weird, internal logic for deciding who is worthy. sure i'd love for the pumpkins to get such an accolade but i wouldn't count on it

HereIsNoWhy4U
01-20-2014, 04:05 PM
the rock and roll hall of fame seems to have a weird, internal logic for deciding who is worthy. sure i'd love for the pumpkins to get such an accolade but i wouldn't count on it

Yeah, but Nirvana getting in was obviously no surprise to anyone. Man, Kurt Cobain's ass has been kissed more times than all the worlds bosses combined.

Trotskilicious
01-20-2014, 04:39 PM
this is a good question because ultimately WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE RNR HOF

slunken
01-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Are there any perks to actually being a hall of famer?

I think not.

HereIsNoWhy4U
01-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Are there any perks to actually being a hall of famer?

I think not.

It's a prestigious achievement for the bands legacy, when Corgan will be long gone.

Trotskilicious
01-20-2014, 05:44 PM
it is not

Trotskilicious
01-20-2014, 05:44 PM
it's a fucking dumb award, no more useful than a grammy

Kreatorkind
01-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Moby? Teenage Fanclub?

Trotskilicious
01-20-2014, 06:10 PM
the only prestigious achievement for a bands legacy is a landmark, influential album. that's all they should need, that's all they should aspire to.

Shallowed
01-20-2014, 07:47 PM
I agree with Trots but to answer OP, I think SP has a good chance, simply because at the heights of their respective fames, SP were the most popular of those artists.

scottytheoneand
01-21-2014, 06:34 PM
"Hall of Fame" is completely at odds with what rock n roll ought to be. Why would any band even give a shit about it?

Shallowed
01-21-2014, 06:54 PM
Plain old recognition. Even though the award specifically celebrates the artist's past, Billy would probably be honored to have that, and would tone down his "living in the pass" gripes if SP won.

redbreegull
01-21-2014, 06:58 PM
the only prestigious achievement for a bands legacy is a landmark, influential album. that's all they should need, that's all they should aspire to.

"Hall of Fame" is completely at odds with what rock n roll ought to be. Why would any band even give a shit about it?

these things are correct. Having a hall of fame for an art form which essentially is supposed to piss all over everything and spit in your fucking face if you have a problem with it is the stupidest thing ever. It's not like rock music is some sort of high brow intellectual academic field of study. it's not literary theory. it's about fuck you and fuck your mom too and get out of my fucking face

Shallowed
01-21-2014, 07:46 PM
That sounds a little more... punk rock?

redbreegull
01-21-2014, 08:14 PM
credit where credit is due

Trotskilicious
01-21-2014, 08:47 PM
it's also about girl i wanna fuk u so good

Bread Regal
01-21-2014, 09:02 PM
last person i heard talk about teenage fanclub was lucas mcdermott.

juliana
01-21-2014, 11:50 PM
these things are correct. Having a hall of fame for an art form which essentially is supposed to piss all over everything and spit in your fucking face if you have a problem with it is the stupidest thing ever. It's not like rock music is some sort of high brow intellectual academic field of study. it's not literary theory. it's about fuck you and fuck your mom too and get out of my fucking face

Hockey has one.

The Omega Concern
01-22-2014, 12:20 AM
Eventually yes. the Pumpkins get in. this list isn't official, but its an indicator. I think its a decent one for what it is.

http://www.futurerocklegends.com/Revisited_Projected_Rankings.php

Lucky Day Spa
01-22-2014, 12:59 AM
That sounds a little more... punk rock?

Don't get involved with a Puerto Rican. She will destroy your soul.

RoboPumpkin
01-22-2014, 04:47 AM
More a matter of when than if.

Seems like an excuse to have a party celebrating some bands, thats about it.

Cool As Ice Cream
01-22-2014, 05:04 AM
this is a good question because ultimately WHO GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE RNR HOF

this.

HereIsNoWhy4U
01-22-2014, 08:47 AM
Plain old recognition. Even though the award specifically celebrates the artist's past, Billy would probably be honored to have that, and would tone down his "living in the pass" gripes if SP won.

This, you expressed my exact thoughts.

fuzzyroes
01-22-2014, 08:59 AM
I think they will be inducted. The questions whether the original line-up will get back together will create lots of buzz and publicity for the show. You know they'll be licking their chops at that.

Shallowed
01-22-2014, 02:29 PM
I can see Jimmy attending, but not James or D'arcy. It's the sort of thing that James would rather not acknowledge and D'arcy would thumb her nose at.

redbreegull
01-22-2014, 03:31 PM
I don't see any of the originals attending except b0lly. Jimmy would probably be down for it but I don't think BC would ask the child prodigy to sit out for old man Jim because living in the past

Trotskilicious
01-22-2014, 03:32 PM
well i think d'arcy might be interested in any possible income so she can buy more meth and horses

qlitchford
01-22-2014, 04:15 PM
well i think d'arcy might be interested in any possible income so she can buy more meth and horses

Meth and Horses is a great name for my new Alt Country / Shoegaze band. After I learn how to play all of the instruments for the band, I'll record an album on my Macbook and give you full credit for the name.

MajesticFIow
01-22-2014, 04:20 PM
no way bro

juliana
01-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Meth and Horses is a great name for my new Alt Country / Shoegaze band. After I learn how to play all of the instruments for the band, I'll record an album on my Macbook and give you full credit for the name.

I like meth and horses too!

Trotskilicious
01-22-2014, 06:04 PM
you must play a cover of Q Lazzarus "Goodbye Horses"

Trotskilicious
01-22-2014, 06:06 PM
by the way this genre mashup, are we going to call it Bootgazing?

Trotskilicious
01-22-2014, 06:07 PM
and you are going to have a pedal steel fed through like a thousand pedals of course right

i assume that's the main feature

juliana
01-22-2014, 07:32 PM

Nice

redbreegull
01-22-2014, 07:42 PM
and you are going to have a pedal steel fed through like a thousand pedals of course right

good luck with that pedal steel, I hear they require more maintenance than a car

T&T
01-22-2014, 09:00 PM
pedal steel with delay, tremolo & reverb - perfect for post rock leads

slunken
01-22-2014, 10:39 PM
An ebow

redbreegull
01-22-2014, 10:55 PM
this thread led me to watch videos of pedal steel players for an hour on youtube

Trotskilicious
01-22-2014, 11:13 PM
here's a good example of what i want, the pedal steel is the celestial bridge

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZzEMRSjwPzc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

qlitchford
01-22-2014, 11:13 PM
you must play a cover of Q Lazzarus "Goodbye Horses"

First track on the album. I'm doing an acoustic-only reprise for the last track.

Google Image Search only returns with this:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/16/article-2524895-1A26405E00000578-734_634x471.jpg

So, yes.

Can you do that with Garage Band? I don't own the Macintosh or Garage Band yet.

I really appreciate all the positive feedback from you guys. Trotsky is going to help me snap pictures of Monte drinking non-alcoholic beer for the cover art.

All Netphoria trolling aside, my cousin played steel guitar on the Grand Ole Opry twice in the late nineties for Mila Mason and Aaron Tippin. So uh... I guess I could track his old ass down and make this drug riddled dream come true.

slunken
01-22-2014, 11:17 PM
If you are gonna chain a ton of pedals to it you might as well use a lap steel and use a separate expression pedal

slunken
01-22-2014, 11:18 PM
Plus lap steels you can get the matching amp with it. Super cute.

Trotskilicious
01-22-2014, 11:37 PM
If you are gonna chain a ton of pedals to it you might as well use a lap steel and use a separate expression pedal

you can be the technical advisor, i'm imagineering here

redbreegull
01-22-2014, 11:54 PM
personally I think all a pedal steel really needs is some mind-blowing reverb to make any song transcendent

redbreegull
01-22-2014, 11:59 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6KT_pN6qP58" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3:48 until all the instruments cut out in the outro. pedal steel is indescribably amazing

edit link fixed

in the room all I feel
is the cold that you left
through the air all I see
is your face full of blame
:(

Trotskilicious
01-23-2014, 12:17 AM
that shor am purty

Anthony_Kiedis
01-23-2014, 02:50 AM
I called my dad. I told him that he couldn't say anything because it hadn't been publicly announced yet. I know my dad is a big Internet freak, and he's been known to be a Wikileaker. I was like, "Dad, you and I are blood. I'm going to tell you something, but you can't tell anybody." I guess it's just something that you want to share with the people that you're closest to, like family and longtime friends. My dad cried.

The most emotional part for me was thinking about Hillel Slovak. That was where it got me. I felt very good about it, but I felt very much like our work has only just begun. Now that we've got Josh in the band, we have a chance to make some great records over the next few years. But there was something about going back and thinking about something that we started in a living room with Hillel Slovak. Because he's no longer with us, it seemed emotional and beautiful. It's really kind of his induction that I'm most excited about. He's a beautiful person that picked up a guitar in the 1970s and didn't make it out of the 1980s, and he is getting honored for his beauty.

I don't feel weird about it. I know what the next few years look like for our band, and I'm incredibly excited to be playing with these guys. I feel like our creative well is running over. I don't think it's going to stigmatize us. Nothing has the power to diminish the love we have for what we're doing right now. It's just an interesting interlude to be accepted into the Hall of Fame while we're still vibrantly going about our business.

Anthony_Kiedis
01-23-2014, 02:52 AM
As a kid, I was anti-Elvis. I just didn't get it. Once I stopped being so judgmental I found the great wonder of Elvis and all that he did. I was a little self-centered gutter punk in the early 1980s and all I wanted to do was diss everybody. I remember going to Graceland as a kid and talking shit while I was there. Now if I went there, I'd think about all the great things he did and what a great musician he was.

smashingjj
01-23-2014, 06:56 AM
Chances of Hereisnowhy4U getting inducted into Psychology Masters Hall of Fame

Discuss.

Cool As Ice Cream
01-23-2014, 07:44 AM
Will HereIsNoWhy4U ever make a good thread? (I can't add "again" for obvious reasons.)

Discuss.

My money's on "no, he won't."

panda show
01-23-2014, 08:21 AM
he's a musician at least, he knows what his job is

croPUMPKINS
01-23-2014, 01:56 PM
I'd say rather good. honestly, SP were the biggest band of them all.

HereIsNoWhy4U
01-23-2014, 02:56 PM
I'd say rather good. honestly, SP were the biggest band of them all.

For like a month in 1996.

Trotskilicious
01-23-2014, 05:00 PM
the biggest band of them all

lololololololol

Trotskilicious
01-23-2014, 05:00 PM
i'm not even sure they were as big as Nickelback

redbreegull
01-23-2014, 05:35 PM
for a brief moment SP was probably the biggest rock act around, but in terms of legacy they have been relegated to a footnote in the annals of alternative music. I have no idea which of these bands is already in the hall of fame, but I don't see SP getting in before Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, AIC, Pixies, Sonic Youth, R.E.M., Weezer, Radiohead, The Cure, The Smiths.... I wouldn't even be surprised if Bush, Live, and Silverchair beat them. No one gives a shit about Smashing Pumpkins anymore. Unfortunately they had almost no impact on the next generation of artists sonically, and their legacy was mostly carried forth by really terrible, obnoxious emo bands

The Omega Concern
01-23-2014, 05:47 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zanmAJqjxyw?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trotskilicious
01-23-2014, 06:52 PM
for a brief moment SP was probably the biggest rock act around[quote]

At most it was 1995-96 or so, probably not even a full 12 months.

[quote]but in terms of legacy they have been relegated to a footnote in the annals of alternative music.

You think so because you like Wilco bands, but it's def. not true. SP reverberates anywhere people use pedals and want to create droning walls of gee-tars.

I have no idea which of these bands is already in the hall of fame, but I don't see SP getting in before Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, AIC, Pixies, Sonic Youth, R.E.M., Weezer, Radiohead, The Cure, The Smiths....

I feel like the smiths would decline, seems like something mozzer would do and marr doesn't want to be famous.

I don't see the pixies going because i think the tourist attraction is looking for Good Time Rock and Roll kind of thing because their target demo is 50 year old geezer rock dudes

they want to get us in there and they are either adding or have added nirvana. i think the time has passed on the pixies. REM is a fucking shoe in and a great example of what "the biggest band around" looks like.

Sonic Youth i doubt it too arty and still not mainstream, radiohead probably, the cure's already in AFAIK, PJ definitely it's the kind of jam band thing they want to encourage, soundgarden ditto, weezer definitely rivers cuomo would be so into this dumb shit, AIC i think is actually more of a footnote than SP. They just sound like black sabbath on heroin it's not like they were actually innovative or good. In fact, AIC is practically the major culprit for Nickelback.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Bush, Live, and Silverchair beat them.

yeah i don't think this is happening they might as well give one to STP

HereIsNoWhy4U
01-23-2014, 07:29 PM
for a brief moment SP was probably the biggest rock act around, but in terms of legacy they have been relegated to a footnote in the annals of alternative music. I have no idea which of these bands is already in the hall of fame, but I don't see SP getting in before Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, AIC, Pixies, Sonic Youth, R.E.M., Weezer, Radiohead, The Cure, The Smiths.... I wouldn't even be surprised if Bush, Live, and Silverchair beat them. No one gives a shit about Smashing Pumpkins anymore. Unfortunately they had almost no impact on the next generation of artists sonically, and their legacy was mostly carried forth by really terrible, obnoxious emo bands

I think the only three major alternative bands that have gotten in (who were big in the 90's) are RHCP, Nirvana and R.E.M. I'm pretty sure Radiohead is getting in before SP, along with The Smiths.

I do believe SP is getting in though, but it may not be for another 5-10 years. And its true that they don't matter anymore, but neither does R.E.M. Radiohead is probably going to have a fallout with the business soon enough as well, with all their pretentious crap.

Trotskilicious
01-23-2014, 08:28 PM
And its true that they don't matter anymore, but neither does R.E.M. Radiohead is probably going to have a fallout with the business soon enough as well, with all their pretentious crap.

:think:

slunken
01-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Does anybody remember that clip of guitarist Aaron North (later toured w/ nin) busting out the display case of stevie ray vaughns guitar in an attempt to play it (or something) at a show with his earlier group at the hard rock cafe?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BW1fBeqsn_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slunken
01-23-2014, 08:48 PM
I have a fetish for hard rock cafe shirts and always buy them if i see one at a charity shop or flea market, swap meet, etc.

slunken
01-23-2014, 08:49 PM
i like it when people know where i've been and all the fantastic things i've experienced

Trotskilicious
01-23-2014, 08:58 PM
HARD ROCK CAFE CLEVELAND

Trotskilicious
01-23-2014, 08:58 PM
cleveland, our most famous band is from akron

slunken
01-23-2014, 09:06 PM
I rep NY and DC frequently

slunken
01-23-2014, 09:06 PM
SCHOOL TRIPS SON

redbreegull
01-23-2014, 09:08 PM
Trots your post is ten kinds of screwed up b/c margin and it took me several minutes to successfully copy paste just to read it so I'm not even going to attempt to quote it, but this is in response:

so who are these bands so interested in emulating SP? I mean I know they are around, but I just don't think it's a significant thing. I think "Wilco bands" have done much more to shape rock music in the last ten years than any descendent of SP. Yuck and Joy Formidable would probably list the Pumpkins as a big influence, but I think these bands themselves are kind of a niche thing (well what isn't these days with the fracturing of media because of the internet but I digress). Basically I wasn't saying that I don't think anyone remembers SP whatsoever, but I'm not convinced they contributed too much to what artists of the next generation have done overall. And honestly Joy Formidable and some other bands of that ilk are good, but it's kind of a pale comparison standing next to the Pumpkins.

Trotskilicious
01-23-2014, 09:14 PM
i hear it all the time, if you don't you're not listening.

Trotskilicious
01-23-2014, 09:15 PM
or you're over it

besides you have stuff like "wilco and etc have done more to shape yadda yadda" and i'm like you mean shape the branch of rock music that is more folky okay

because everything gets more diffused the more the internet comes into play so it's not like ALL of the music that there is was influenced by wilco, maybe for you it is because you like banjos and shit

juliana
01-23-2014, 09:17 PM
:think:

Thom get's a lot of negative tweets sent to him. The kind that Billy calls tuesdays.

juliana
01-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Del

Trotskilicious
01-23-2014, 09:21 PM
no i like the idea that some 10 years after radiohead broke up with the music biz somehow there's this long delayed backlash because they are "pretentious"

redbreegull
01-23-2014, 09:27 PM
because everything gets more diffused the more the internet comes into play so it's not like ALL of the music that there is was influenced by wilco

uh yeah that's like literally what I just said. I think you are still kind of missing my point though. When I say SP's LEGACY I am not really talking about how I hold them in my mind personally, I am trying to make a generalization about how the band has aged in the cultural consciousness of people who like "alternative" or indie music, or just rock music in general. "Wilco bands" have been a lot more popular and sold a lot more albums and been a lot more successful with college radio and those kinds of things over the last ten years than shoegaze or hard rock bands. Which is basically what I meant by legacy. I'm not making an argument on how important or original I personally think SP is because I would still rate them well above pretty much any other 90s band in terms of their musical accomplishments. I just think that in general, young rock and roll type people are not too interested in that vein of music these days compared to the lasting and more mainstream, broad, cross-genre impact of bands like Wilco, or Radiohead

slunken
01-23-2014, 09:35 PM
you sound like billy griping about wilco and laptops and smash pump

slunken
01-23-2014, 09:37 PM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb14/slunken_2007/SP%20LOL/BCJC_zpsadb55f2e.jpg (http://s207.photobucket.com/user/slunken_2007/media/SP%20LOL/BCJC_zpsadb55f2e.jpg.html)

ZEITGEIST

slunken
01-23-2014, 09:40 PM
or alt universe theory in january of 96 after firing jc, bc breaks up the band and moves into the house of jc as his butler.

slunken
01-23-2014, 09:41 PM
together they chop wood and race cars and get into other crazy scenarios

redbreegull
01-23-2014, 10:45 PM
you sound like billy griping about wilco and laptops and smash pump

I think trots thinks I am belittling SP's importance out of bitterness and resulting detachment from the band, and you think I am bitter at other bands for being more successful at cultivating the fields for the next generation's sound...

so i guess I am just doing a poor job of expressing myself

Trotskilicious
01-23-2014, 11:01 PM
no i just like when i make fun of wilco even slightly you get all defensive

redbreegull
01-23-2014, 11:05 PM
I don't think I've done anything in this thread to defend Wilco against anything and I'm not sure you have even said anything to defend them against but whatever floats your boat man

Trotskilicious
01-23-2014, 11:11 PM
i didn't read the wall of text

Lucky Day Spa
01-24-2014, 05:36 AM
these days wilco is basically prog for people who like the beach boys

Lucky Day Spa
01-24-2014, 05:36 AM
winning formula

croPUMPKINS
01-24-2014, 03:51 PM
with so many 'fans' wishing the band well here, I wonderwhat you have to say about the bands you don't like...

Like it or not, Wilco, SonicYouth and most of the bands you named can't be put in the same context with SP.

I mean , Nirvana, ok, but even Pearl Jam... Get a life!

MCIS, Adore, SD even Zeitgeist.

Pearl Jam had 10, but it kind of ends there.

Overall, STP on the first 2 albums had more good songs than Pearl Jam in entire career.

Trotskilicious
01-24-2014, 05:17 PM
sonic youth is part of the fucking foundation of every single one of those bands

Trotskilicious
01-24-2014, 05:18 PM
i mean i make fun of wilco being folk but they are absolutely no strangers to torrents of blissful noise

i am trying
to break your heart

HereIsNoWhy4U
01-24-2014, 07:24 PM
sonic youth is part of the fucking foundation of every single one of those bands

True words. And nobody gives two shits about them these days :noway:

Trotskilicious
01-25-2014, 02:31 AM
oh, mercy

Shallowed
01-25-2014, 03:35 AM
Except fr musicians, right?

FranchisePunter
01-31-2014, 01:04 AM
Overall, STP on the first 2 albums had more good songs than Pearl Jam in entire career.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3419973/fielderflop.gif

Trotskilicious
01-31-2014, 03:20 AM
honestly maybe nobody does know what the fuck sonic youth is in sweden

Trotskilicious
01-31-2014, 03:26 AM
What are the chances of Nickelback getting into the ROF HOF? 100%

HereIsNoWhy4U
01-31-2014, 09:34 AM
honestly maybe nobody does know what the fuck sonic youth is in sweden

Actually I saw Sonic Youth play in 2002. Haven't heard much from them since, except for a song off of 'The Eternal'.

T&T
01-31-2014, 10:34 AM
Actually I saw Sonic Youth play in 2002. Haven't heard much from them since, except for a song off of 'The Eternal'.
what's your take on their inauguration to the RNR HOF!?

HereIsNoWhy4U
01-31-2014, 10:39 AM
what's your take on their inauguration to the RNR HOF!?

Feel sorry for ya :rolleyes:

Trotskilicious
01-31-2014, 12:51 PM

yeah i know you don't get music, and have no appreciation for sonic youth's wide ranging influence and probably have never heard of Daydream Nation.

you can keep reiterating it if you'd like but it's unnecessary and redundant at this point

Trotskilicious
01-31-2014, 12:51 PM
i just love that someone's telling me sonic youth is bullshit on an SP board

HereIsNoWhy4U
01-31-2014, 01:23 PM

I never said they were shit. I agreed with you when you said they were a huge inspiration for a lot of 90's bands but that they have since then obviously faded away.
Just like every other band (including SP) who were big in the 90's. The smiley face indicated shame for the human race.

amoergosum
03-05-2015, 06:25 AM
Interview (2004) >>> click (http://youtu.be/QC0UyT_jvNk?t=10m34s)

Titty Boi
03-13-2015, 03:14 AM
i guess they would have a chance if they ever had a consistent lineup. their catalog is uneven as a shits though. lol! :cry:

FoolofaTook
03-13-2015, 05:16 PM
shits have uneven catalogs?

the more you learn..

christian zombie vampires
03-14-2015, 12:14 PM
they are absolutely going to get in. i think RRHOF is stupid too but the big question is, will james show up? this is going to be in two years. i wonder if he realizes. most likely the guy from the killers gives a speech and then billy and jimmy and 2 random people will play today, 1979 and then, upon billy's insistence glass and the ghost children and heavy metal machine.

Mals Marola
03-14-2015, 04:22 PM

SP, who were in NO way punk rock, featuring Billy Corgan, whom NObody liked because he was such a crybaby

Mals Marola
03-14-2015, 04:33 PM
They're up against Blur, Alice In Chains, Moby, Teenage Fanclub, Hole and Ice Cube among many others 'waiting in line'. Will they get inducted?

back to this original post though, if that's who they're competing against i think they have a damn good chance. as much as i like blur, they didn't really "make it too big" in the US aside from a couple of singles, which isn't really important to me but seems like a deciding factor on this sort of thing?

Ice Cube, uh, sure if you're going to start inducting rap into rock hall of fame. actually that'd be pretty awesome, but still i don't think he'd make it before SP

alice in chains is formidable, but in the end as two bands from around that era i'd say smashing pumpkins would edge them out easily as being seen as the more influential & even distinctive band

in conclusion: i do heartily believe The Smashing Pumpkins will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame of Cleveland, OH!

dreams of glass
03-14-2015, 04:45 PM
yeah i know you don't get music, and have no appreciation for sonic youth's wide ranging influence and probably have never heard of Daydream Nation.

you can keep reiterating it if you'd like but it's unnecessary and redundant at this point

and probably have never heard of Daydream Nation.

you sound like such a hipster :rofl:

slunken
03-14-2015, 06:47 PM
that would be cool if there was a GNR hall of fame

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_400/MI0003/715/MI0003715095.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

Trotskilicious
03-14-2015, 06:49 PM
SP, who were in NO way punk rock, featuring Billy Corgan, whom NObody liked because he was such a crybaby

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5dq6a9R0J1qj83s4o1_500.jpg

juliana
03-14-2015, 10:12 PM

andrewface
03-18-2015, 01:12 PM
They will get in for sure. I can't think of a band that better exemplifies true rock n roll.

James
10-19-2016, 02:37 PM
Nominations were announced this morning. Pumpkins were not nominated in their first year of eligibility.

lionheart0
10-19-2016, 02:47 PM
That's some bullshit.

T&T
10-20-2016, 01:13 AM
not a chance.
I guess I was right.

2017 nominees:

Bad Brains
Chaka Khan
Chic
Depeche Mode
Electric Light Orchestra
J. Geils Band
Jane’s Addiction
Janet Jackson
Joan Baez
Joe Tex
Journey
Kraftwerk
MC5
Pearl Jam
Steppenwolf
The Cars
The Zombies
Tupac Shakur
Yes

2016 winners:
Cheap Trick
Chicago
Deep Purple
N.W.A
Steve Miller

lets not be disillusioned, SP is no where near making it any time soon....

The Omega Concern
10-20-2016, 07:38 PM
I'd say at least ELO, Yes and The Cars should get in before PJ, SP or AIC.

Rider
10-20-2016, 08:16 PM
There are literally hundreds of bands ahead of SP.

Billy totally shitting on his legacy while pissing off every single person in the music industry has virtually assured he will never get in.

I'm not sure why people think he has a chance or are even upset that he has no chance.

The Omega Concern
10-20-2016, 08:27 PM
Actually as a Rush fan, I came to detest the fan base that devoted itself to pressuring the RNRHOF to put them in. It got to the point where it was cooler they weren't in, because everybody knew they should be and it started to dent the credibility of the Hall, not the band. To stop the embarrassment they got inducted. Damnit!

redbreegull
10-20-2016, 08:28 PM
who the fuck cares this is the most un-rock and roll thing ever

The Omega Concern
10-20-2016, 08:39 PM
yesh RBG, I agree with you on this musical opinion. : P

And that is why Alex Lifeson didn't give a shit and made thee best acceptance speech OF ALL TIME!!!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2i2ZbJnkFEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Elphenor
10-20-2016, 08:40 PM
it's maybe the most rocknroll thing ever because rock is the lamest thing ever

Elphenor
10-20-2016, 08:41 PM
you remember how Sex Pistols "accepted" their induction

Elphenor
10-20-2016, 08:44 PM
very fitting for Rush

ilikeplanets
10-20-2016, 08:52 PM
I think it's fairly likely, maybe a 65% chance

qwerty sp
10-21-2016, 02:14 AM
Zwan is a shoe in

So is James Iha solo...

Corgan's Bluff
10-21-2016, 06:45 AM
his acceptance speech was fucking stupid and was pretentious as fuck

Must have written it in a rush... :nooooo:

T&T
10-21-2016, 10:41 AM
his acceptance speech was fucking stupid and was pretentious as fuck
they're a rock band. who gives a shit. clearly they don't. it wasn't hilarious but I appreciate it

FoolofaTook
10-23-2016, 12:25 PM
Rush is awesome.

fuck you guys.

PuzzledMuzzle
10-23-2016, 04:18 PM
Rush is awesome.

fuck you guys.

Rush is insanely overrated.

Ihaguitar
10-23-2016, 05:24 PM
Rush have some annoying characteristics. The singer sounds a bit odd. They tend to sing about scifi and fantasy stuff, they're a bit proggy, their lyrics are a bit duff sometimes. But i do like them on occasion.

FoolofaTook
10-23-2016, 05:32 PM
I just think they're good cos I once saw a picture of Al Cisneros wearing a Rush shirt

Ihaguitar
10-23-2016, 05:59 PM
The rock and roll hall of fame is a load of irrelevant arse.

Ram27
10-23-2016, 06:00 PM
/thread

The Omega Concern
10-23-2016, 08:13 PM
Rush is insanely overrated.

lol. Next time your band goes 40 years without a line-up change or much change in their entire touring entourage, you can call yourself overrated too.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_VcswhBy9tk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FoolofaTook
10-23-2016, 08:19 PM
The first rush album is so good. and that's before they added that supernal drummer (i think)

dreams of glass
10-31-2016, 03:55 AM
I could listen to this drum fill all day

https://youtu.be/auLBLk4ibAk?t=2m32s

qwerty sp
10-31-2016, 09:12 PM
they are absolutely going to get in. i think RRHOF is stupid too but the big question is, will james show up? this is going to be in two years. i wonder if he realizes. most likely the guy from the killers gives a speech and then billy and jimmy and 2 random people will play today, 1979 and then, upon billy's insistence glass and the ghost children and heavy metal machine.

Best post ever!

PuzzledMuzzle
10-31-2016, 10:05 PM
Best post ever!

I love how they couldn't find someone better than the bass player from The Killers lmao

crabshack
10-31-2016, 10:05 PM
The first rush album is so good.

The first Rush album is so good, whenever it was first played on the radio people thought it was a new Led Zeppelin record.

toase
10-31-2016, 10:39 PM
Yes is better than Rush and why are you talking about this anyway

crabshack
10-31-2016, 10:56 PM
Yes is basically the worst band in the world

toase
10-31-2016, 11:07 PM
NOOOOOO!!!!

reprise85
10-31-2016, 11:42 PM
post/av