View Full Version : would you use completely useless debris firewood? (or, i need to vent about cops)

Order 66
01-14-2014, 03:03 AM
yeah... vent post bear with me

so i was having a chill night on the beach. had a campfire going, had music going , stars were out blah blah... pretty much guaranteed to get laid here. so the fire was dying out and the wood was getting low. so i notice off to bank there was a pile of rubble... i'm guessing it used to be a shower stall or something but it was completely obliterated by hurrican ike. like, there's literally nothing you could do with that wood. it was ruined.

so i carried it over to the fire, along with a broken sign (i'm guessing this is where i really fucked up) and all of a sudden a bunch of cops shine a light right in my face and yell WHO THE FUCK PUT THAT WOOD IN THERE and i was like 'uh, it was already there officer' and he was like UH HUH BULLSHIT YOU WANNA PLAY THAT GAME FINE PARTY'S OVER then he opened up my cooler and doused the fire with all my beer then he rummaged around hte cooler more until he found a glass container and said OH GLASS CONTAINER HUH ... ON A BEACH??? so then he wrote me a citation with destuction of public property and having a glass container. which should run me at about $500+ ... i know lawyers in the county but i don't know how much they'll be able to do.

the owner of the hotel came out and apologized. said that he was sorry, the cop was responding to an unrelated noise complaint and saw me out there. ... anyway it wasn't even the money it was just a perfect night completely ruined. the owner said i could use his balcony and party out there but my beer was all poured out and i was so pissed i just took a bunch of xanax and went to bed. and i've still been taking xanax because it's the only way i can calm down from this

anyway. would anybody ever conceive that rubble of wood could be "public property" that could be destroyed. because this cop acted like i was out of my fucking mind thinking that i could use that. i would think anybody could make that mistake but he acted like i was retarded

tl:dr margin

Order 66
01-14-2014, 03:06 AM
could somebody change title to 'would you use completely useless debris as firewood? (or, i need to vent about cops) ... sorry. thanks

Starla
01-14-2014, 05:04 AM
I had something happen to me last weekend with the cops. I was on my way back from the store, and a cop coming toward me flashed his headlights and drove on. I had no idea what the problem was, since none of my lights were out. I get down the road a way and out of nowhere he is behind me, and hits his lights. So I pulled over and he was a complete asshole from the get go, asking me why I didn't pull over when he flashed his headlights. I said I had no idea he wanted me to pull over, especially since he drove on past me and disappeared. Anyway, the reason he pulled me over was because he said my fog lights were too bright and he wanted me to dim them for on coming cars, which is ridiculous, I've never shut them off before because I don't see how they are that bright.

While he was waiting for me to get my insurance card, I said "it must be a slow night" and apparently that pissed him off too. After he came back he said... next time you better pull over instead of acting like you have no idea what's going on.

Still have no idea why this asshole pulled me over. It's not like my lights are those blinding halogens.

Cool As Ice Cream
01-14-2014, 08:51 AM
i thought you always had to dim your fog lights for oncoming traffic.
maybe i'm thinking of a different kind of car lights. i don't really know all the terminology.

reprise85
01-14-2014, 10:37 AM
I probably wouldn't have used the wood, but that is bullshit that they gave you a citation and treated you like shit.

Cool As Ice Cream
01-14-2014, 11:06 AM
what about using the beer to put out the fire? how is that allowed? it doesn't make much sense to me.

even if a fire was somehow illegal, i'm sure they're not allowed to take someone's possessions to put it out.
illegal barbecue in your backyard? ok, fine, i'm going into your house, and will take whatever i feel like and throw it on your barbecue. because you're breaking the law and i'm a cop. that's how it works. i can do whatever the fuck i want now with you and whatever you own. have a nice day.

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 12:24 PM
yes that is how it works, your word against mine and i have a badge. faggot.

killtrocity
01-14-2014, 01:02 PM
FTP

duovamp
01-14-2014, 02:00 PM
yes that is how it works, your word against mine and i have a badge. faggot.

This a thousand times.

Get off MY beach you queer. I like how they searched your belongings in order to find a problem to pin on you. Sounds like good police work all around. These boys in blue keep us safe from guys like you who try to burn down our beaches and sell drugs.

duovamp
01-14-2014, 02:06 PM
I had something happen to me last weekend with the cops. I was on my way back from the , and a cop coming toward me flashed his headlights and drove on. I had no idea what the problem was, since none of my were out. I get down the road a way and out of nowhere he is behind me, and hits his . So I pulled over and he was a complete asshole from the get go, asking me why I didn't pull over when he flashed his headlights. I said I had no idea he wanted me to pull over, especially since he drove on past me and disappeared. Anyway, the reason he pulled me over was because he said my were too bright and he wanted me to dim them for on coming cars, which is ridiculous, I've never shut them off before because I don't see how they are that bright.

While he was waiting for me to get my insurance card, I said "it must be a slow night" and apparently that pissed him off too. After he came back he said... next time you better pull over instead of acting like you have no idea what's going on.

Still have no idea why this asshole pulled me over. It's not like my lights are those blinding halogens.

This reminds me of the time I got pulled over for not using my turn signal to take an exit ramp. In reality the charge was "Operating a foreign vehicle at night in a fucking hick town surrounded by the world's biggest asshole army aka PA State Police aka a fucking street gang with protection from the law."

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 02:12 PM
This a thousand times.

Get off MY beach you queer. I like how they searched your belongings in order to find a problem to pin on you. Sounds like good police work all around. These boys in blue keep us safe from guys like you who try to burn down our beaches and sell drugs.

yeah and the justification for that is "well he looked suspicious so i did a search" which is an exemption to the constitutional rights that are pretty clearly stated

it basically allows cops to search people's cars whenever they feel like it

being a minority is the same thing as being suspicious duh

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 02:13 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IK8uuCVdVk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

slunken
01-14-2014, 03:18 PM
FUCK COPS

bignothing
01-14-2014, 04:52 PM
So what's the solution here? I know it's great to be "fuck da police" and punk rock and all but I'll take some occasional abuse of authority over lawlessness. In general. It depends on the extent worse things are happening.

redbreegull
01-14-2014, 05:13 PM
police treating people like shit is an endemic phenomenon that nearly everyone who has ever had an encounter with a cop has experienced. I would hardly describe the abuse as "occasional." The US police are the biggest fucking gang of racists, terrorists, and authoritarians anywhere around.

yo soy el mejor
01-14-2014, 05:24 PM
i pretty much deserved every brush i had with the law. i'm lucky there weren't more - i did some dumb shit. but one instance i did not appreciate: i was pulled over for making a turn without signaling. i was on my way home from a party at my friend's house and was all wet because of the slip and slide and was only wearing a swimsuit bottom and a t-shirt that barely covered my butt.

when the cop saw this he told me to get out of the car. f'ing perv.

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 05:37 PM
So what's the solution here? I know it's great to be "fuck da police" and punk rock and all but I'll take some occasional abuse of authority over lawlessness. In general. It depends on the extent worse things are happening.

just some basic etiquette and politeness no matter the circumstance would go a long way

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 05:38 PM
Excuse me sir, I say is this a fire? I am unfortunately going to have to put a stop to that, also I will need to search your bag in the interests of making sure you did not bring any dangerous glass containers to this beach, hopefully you are not so inconsiderate to do so. Thank you for your co-operation.

instead of EX TER MIII NAAATE!!! EX TERRR MIII NAAAATE!!!

redbreegull
01-14-2014, 05:49 PM
I actually had an experience similar to Order 66's except that the cop let me go for some reason after being a total shit to me. Some of my friends and I were having a fire at very popular student haunt down by the water where we went to school. The land is technically owned by a church, but campus security had jurisdiction via the church being on friendly terms with the school. Anyway some dick local cop comes down, shines his light in our eyes, tells us he has been hiding in the bushes listening to us for ten minutes (wtf) and we are having an illegal fire. First he tells us that the fire is illegal because it is on public property, then he tells us it is illegal because it's on private property, then he demands to know where we are all from and pulls out the I'm a local hick and you have no right to exist here you liberal city assholes card. Then he starts accusing us of tearing up this wooden stairway nearby to build the fire (blatantly false, I would never do that), and then gives us a lecture about how stupid we are because as college students we should understand how we are destroying the environment by having a bonfire. Then he made us pour out all our beer and told us how lucky we were that he was just a nice guy trying to educate us because he could have arrested us for drinking without our IDs on us or something. It was fucking infuriating but he didn't write us up and he didn't search us (I had weed on me), so I guess I should be thankful he was only a regular dick cop and not a mega dick cop. A few nights later another cop went down there (probably the same guy) to harass some students and they called campus security, who arrived and then the sheriff and public safety had a huge screaming match over who had jurisdiction in the area. It was cool.

but yeah I really don't understand how anyone can be cool with the police. I wish I could believe that corrupt asshole cops are a minority amongst a generally good institution but I just don't think it's so. I've never had an encounter with a cop who wasn't a condescending manipulative asshole and who wasn't clearly in the profession to be a law-sponsored bully of the populace. I swear it must be every micropenised angry high school football team-reject in the country who go on to serve as police officers

redbreegull
01-14-2014, 05:53 PM
also you need so much moral flexibility to be a cop. I have trouble understanding how these people sleep at night knowingly doing racist shit to people and convincing them to give up their rights as their job

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 06:19 PM
well if black people didn't commit so much crime we wouldn't be prejudiced

Bread Regal
01-14-2014, 06:39 PM
every experience i've had with a cop has been categorically bad.

like even cops that are directing traffic. one time i was on my bike riding to work and i had to cross an intersection where the traffic lights were being worked on and the cop refused to let me cross. i sat there for ten minutes waiting for him when i yelled at him "ARE YOU GOING TO LET ME CROSS OR WHAT". And he yelled back "NO".

"WHY"
<i>"TOO MUCH TRAFFIC"</i>
"I AM TRAFFIC"
<i>",,,"</i>
"I HAVE TO GET TO WORK, DUDE"
<i>"I DON'T CARE. CROSS AT THE NEXT INTERSECTION"</i>

The next intersection was literally 2 miles in either direction which was just a completely unnecessary inconvenience for someone like me who's kind of a stickler for obeying traffic laws while cycling, so I broke the law and jay walked. I walked my bike back over to the intersection and heckled him for a while an called him a worthless pig and I got really crass about it. Like really crass. "Fucked your mom last night in her wrinkled old pussy and made her eat her own shit off my dick and then your dad felched my cum out of her asshole" And he was just fuckin fuming, and he couldn't do anything about it because he was stuck in the middle of the intersection. I considered it a minor victory.

sppunk
01-14-2014, 06:46 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IK8uuCVdVk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is an instance where cops should've been less passive and shot him.

Andy /
01-14-2014, 07:41 PM
Anyway, the reason he pulled me over was because he said my fog lights were too bright and he wanted me to dim them for on coming cars, which is ridiculous, I've never shut them off before because I don't see how they are that bright.

a valid defense.

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 07:43 PM
starla's one of those people

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 07:43 PM
what kind of motherfuck would leave their high beams on oh starla's that kind of motherfuck

Andy /
01-14-2014, 07:44 PM
they're not that bright!

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 07:57 PM
the scourge of many a Texas Farm to Market route

duovamp
01-14-2014, 08:15 PM
How cool would that be if cops hunted white people for sport instead of black people?

duovamp
01-14-2014, 08:15 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb3jv9aubV1rwl09fo1_500.gif

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 08:39 PM
that clip needs the shudder

slunken
01-14-2014, 08:55 PM
I would just like to point out that fog lights aren't the same as hi-beams/brights.

slunken
01-14-2014, 08:55 PM
and also FUCK COPS

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 09:12 PM
they aren't ???? WHAT ARE FOG LIGHTS WHAT IS THIS MADNESS, HEADLIGHTS ONLY HAVE TWO SETTINGS

slunken
01-14-2014, 09:33 PM
my dad explained this to me while we were looking over my fuse box because i noticed i didn't have a fuse in place for my "fog lights".

the easiest way i could hope to explain would be - have you ever tried turning your brights on in the fog? it makes visibility worse.

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 09:35 PM
yeah as soon as you said that they were different i remembered that, because the water vapor in the air basically creates a clusterfuck with the light bouncing off droplets

slunken
01-14-2014, 09:36 PM
via yahoo:

High beams try to reach long distances; fog lights try to light up close to the vehicle so you can see the road better, not distant objects. On some cars you can't use both at the same time. When there is fog, high beams shine to high and you get more reflections and glare than with the fog lights. Fog lights are also usually mounted lower on the car for this reason. No way are they the same.

Trotskilicious
01-14-2014, 09:40 PM
because of god's will

slunken
01-14-2014, 09:48 PM
so basically starla was pulled over for driving WITHOUT her lights on.

slunken
01-14-2014, 09:48 PM
which is why the cops flashed his lights

slunken
01-14-2014, 09:50 PM
if they were indeed fog lights he probably assumed they were parking lights.

redbreegull
01-14-2014, 10:17 PM
every experience i've had with a cop has been categorically bad.

like even cops that are directing traffic. one time i was on my bike riding to work and i had to cross an intersection where the traffic lights were being worked on and the cop refused to let me cross. i sat there for ten minutes waiting for him when i yelled at him "ARE YOU GOING TO LET ME CROSS OR WHAT". And he yelled back "NO".

"WHY"
<i>"TOO MUCH TRAFFIC"</i>
"I AM TRAFFIC"
<i>",,,"</i>
"I HAVE TO GET TO WORK, DUDE"
<i>"I DON'T CARE. CROSS AT THE NEXT INTERSECTION"</i>

The next intersection was literally 2 miles in either direction which was just a completely unnecessary inconvenience for someone like me who's kind of a stickler for obeying traffic laws while cycling, so I broke the law and jay walked. I walked my bike back over to the intersection and heckled him for a while an called him a worthless pig and I got really crass about it. Like really crass. "Fucked your mom last night in her wrinkled old pussy and made her eat her own shit off my dick and then your dad felched my cum out of her asshole" And he was just fuckin fuming, and he couldn't do anything about it because he was stuck in the middle of the intersection. I considered it a minor victory.

I can't give you any more pos rep right now, but if this is a real story kudos. If I saw someone do this to a cop I would buy him/her a strong drink.

Starla
01-14-2014, 11:16 PM
I would just like to point out that fog lights aren't the same as hi-beams/brights.

They're not :) And mine are not as bright as high beams. The visibility up here at night sucks, and we get a lot of fog and hazy weather coming off the lake, and with a lot of dark streets, I keep them on. I say the cop was just being a jerk off!

Starla
01-14-2014, 11:20 PM
This reminds me of the time I got pulled over for not using my turn signal to take an exit ramp. In reality the charge was "Operating a foreign vehicle at night in a fucking hick town surrounded by the world's biggest asshole army aka PA State Police aka a fucking street gang with protection from the law."

Don't ever do this in Kansas either :( But I have to say the cops in the Bay Area, especially Fremont were the worst I've ever encountered so far. They just follow you... until you get nervous and mess up. It's a strange place.

redbreegull
01-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Where I live in MD is probably the worst I have seen (although I'm sure the cops are way scarier out in the middle of some red state). I live in a pretty affluent county with a shit town of terrible rich white people smashed up against a lot of totally disenfranchised poor black and hispanic people, so the police force is pretty sizeable. it's hard to drive more than a few miles without seeing a cop and they are fanatical about traffic laws here (read: will use any excuse to pull you over because they are bored and have nothing to do and are getting paid by a bunch of anxious white fucks terrified of drugs and gangs coming into their neighborhoods). I feel more in danger from the police right by my own house than anywhere outside this county. Actually every time I have ever gotten pulled over has been within 5 miles of my home.

redbreegull
01-14-2014, 11:36 PM
They just follow you... until you get nervous and mess up. It's a strange place.

A cop was following my friend once, and kept abruptly speeding up and getting right on his tail, so close he couldn't see the guy's headlights in his rear view mirror. Then the cop would back off and rev up again and get all up on him. My friend was doing the speed limit but the officer kept pulling in so close he thought he was gonna get rear-ended and figured he was supposed to speed up. As soon as he got up over 5 mph over the limit, the cop turned on his lights and gave him a huge ticket. He mysteriously had no memory of almost rear ending my friend repeatedly.

slunken
01-15-2014, 12:08 AM
FUCK COPS

slunken
01-15-2014, 12:09 AM
http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcu0plHdfC1qgbe2fo1_1280.jpg

Starla
01-15-2014, 12:57 AM
A cop was following my friend once, and kept abruptly speeding up and getting right on his tail, so close he couldn't see the guy's headlights in his rear view mirror. Then the cop would back off and rev up again and get all up on him. My friend was doing the speed limit but the officer kept pulling in so close he thought he was gonna get rear-ended and figured he was supposed to speed up. As soon as he got up over 5 mph over the limit, the cop turned on his lights and gave him a huge ticket. He mysteriously had no memory of almost rear ending my friend repeatedly.

yeah, some of them really enjoy their mind games

Starla
01-15-2014, 12:59 AM
This thread is getting me so pissed off I feel like going out and tagging one of the stores downtown.

redbreegull
01-15-2014, 01:16 AM
I try very hard not to hate anything, I think it's generally just bad policy and bad for one's own wellbeing and the wellbeing of others... but if there is any one thing I really hate, it's probably cops.

instead of killing ourselves at a BOC concert maybe we should all commit mass suicide by cop. We can just have a war with the police somewhere. any inner city will do

Trotskilicious
01-15-2014, 01:42 AM
these europeans are cute

slunken
01-15-2014, 01:59 AM
bye-bye knulp

redbreegull
01-15-2014, 03:12 AM
What stupid shit did I say now? :(

I think he just means no judge in the US would find a cop at fault for pouring out someone's beer, he would tell you to get out of his court room and charge you a court fee for wasting his time

pavementtune
01-15-2014, 03:28 AM
I think he just means no judge in the US would find a cop at fault for pouring out someone's beer, he would tell you to get out of his court room and charge you a court fee for wasting his time

Sure. But can't you make a complaint at the police without taking it to court? For an unreasonable high fine? A $500+ citation is a bit much to let it just go without even trying to get it reduced.

redbreegull
01-15-2014, 03:46 AM
ask eulogy I don't know anything about the law, but I think he would have to challenge the fine before a judge.

he could complain to the police and the sergeant would forward it directly to the complaint department

http://chiefwritingwolf.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/trash-can.jpg%3Fw%3D408

pavementtune
01-15-2014, 03:57 AM
Nice complaint department, looks tidy.

I can't remember if it was a hoax or not. Some guy went to pay his fine in cash, all in $1 bills, folded into Origami pigs, and delivered it in a big doughnut box.

Cool As Ice Cream
01-15-2014, 04:07 AM
these europeans are cute

yay! trots said i was cute. :) i'm cute.

duovamp
01-15-2014, 10:17 AM
A decent number of the judges around here are retired cops. BET YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHOSE SIDE THEY'RE ON.

"I have experience with CRIMINALS."

Cool As Ice Cream
01-15-2014, 10:35 AM
i'm cute.

duovamp
01-15-2014, 10:41 AM
You're adorable now shut it.

Trotskilicious
01-15-2014, 12:00 PM
i just thought it was adorable how they didn't realize america really has turned into a police state

redbreegull
01-15-2014, 04:22 PM
if police state just means that law enforcement runs the show and gets to abuse people and courts almost never protect the rights of accused people, then I think America has always been a police state.

yo soy el mejor
01-15-2014, 04:40 PM
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8c_UdWo4Zek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trotskilicious
01-15-2014, 05:05 PM
if police state just means that law enforcement runs the show and gets to abuse people and courts almost never protect the rights of accused people, then I think America has always been a police state.

i was also thinking about unwarrented wiretapping and surveillance and all the wonderful things that have happened since 9/11

redbreegull
01-15-2014, 05:08 PM
i was also thinking about unwarrented wiretapping and surveillance and all the wonderful things that have happened since 9/11

yeah that's what I think of more when I think police state. I think cops act like shitty dickwads in any kind of society, free or otherwise

Trotskilicious
01-15-2014, 05:26 PM
i think the shock of our european friends in this thread demonstrates otherwise

Bread Regal
01-15-2014, 05:29 PM
we live in the country with the highest rate of incarceration per capita.

think about that.

redbreegull
01-15-2014, 05:31 PM
surely cops are huge dickheads in europe as well? Maybe not, but it just seems like the kind of job that attracts a certain kind of pathology, like running for political office. maybe there are just less cops there so they are forced to actually combat real crime instead of bullying teenagers and ruining people's lives over weed? I have no idea. europeans, tell us about the police in your countries

Bread Regal
01-15-2014, 05:37 PM
i think the reason the people who are most capable of doing the job correctly rarely go into it is because of the assholes they have to work with.

like, they realize that in principle that police officers are necessary for a stable society. but they know who the cops are systemically beholden to: the rich and powerful. if you espouse any sort of views that encourage sympathy towards the poor, homeless, or the mentally ill, you WILL be a desk jockey for the rest of your career, save for the very rare exception.

just like that time where the dude didn't tell jackie treehorn what he wanted to hear and he got drugged and later was accused to distrupting the peace in jackie's quiet beach community. then the malibu chief of police, being the fascist that he is, brutalized him with a coffee mug and made the dude listen to the eagles.

Future Boy
01-15-2014, 11:18 PM
it was the cab driver

Eulogy
01-15-2014, 11:27 PM
A decent number of the judges around here are retired cops.

wait what

Future Boy
01-15-2014, 11:38 PM
A decent number of the judges around there are retired cops.

Eulogy
01-15-2014, 11:48 PM
that seemed hard to believe but then i read this http://paindependent.com/2013/07/in-pa-its-easier-to-be-a-judge-than-a-cosmetologist/

but Searches with the Pennsylvania Bar Association in three counties showed 35 judges in Allegheny County, 13 judges in Chester County and 16 judges in Delaware County lack law degrees.

i dunno how many total judges are in these counties but

yeah w/e

redbreegull
01-16-2014, 12:19 AM
lol my grandfather always tells this story that sometime in the 70s he was driving through this hick town in west virginia and got pulled over for speeding and the cop gave him a huge ticket. so he decides fuck it I am a fucking obnoxious dick with nothing better to do, I am going to drive back to WV and fight the ticket. So his court date arrives, he drives all the way back to this bumfuck town, and the judge is the cop who pulled him over

Future Boy
01-16-2014, 12:31 AM
lol my grandfather.....a fucking obnoxious dick
well that explains it

Trotskilicious
01-16-2014, 12:35 AM
yeah that's definitely not something to aspire to, as a person who has to listen to those creeps complain on the phone

Bread Regal
01-16-2014, 01:00 AM
i always thought having a law degree was requisite for becoming a judge.

the more you know

TuralyonW3
01-16-2014, 02:12 AM
only god can judge

redbreegull
01-16-2014, 02:26 AM
i always thought having a law degree was requisite for becoming a judge.

the more you know

yeah I thought so too

Trotskilicious
01-16-2014, 02:28 AM
hey guys i'd like to point out that retired cops could have law degrees they got because they advanced in rank and had the money for it

Trotskilicious
01-16-2014, 02:28 AM
i mean a cop studying law at night is a crime drama trope at this point

Eulogy
01-16-2014, 09:18 PM
lol my grandfather always tells this story that sometime in the 70s he was driving through this hick town in west virginia and got pulled over for speeding and the cop gave him a huge ticket. so he decides fuck it I am a fucking obnoxious dick with nothing better to do, I am going to drive back to WV and fight the ticket. So his court date arrives, he drives all the way back to this bumfuck town, and the judge is the cop who pulled him over

calling bullshit on this story

Trotskilicious
01-16-2014, 09:24 PM
http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/some_texas_county_judges_not_lawyers_yet_they_pres ide_over_pleas/

Eulogy
01-16-2014, 09:41 PM
....still calling bullshit on that story

Trotskilicious
01-16-2014, 10:06 PM
well i'm glad you're sure enough of yourself to call bullshit on a story from a decade before you were born

redbreegull
01-16-2014, 10:40 PM
calling bullshit on this story

I don't know if it actually happened or not, I was not alive. I don't find it particularly unbelievable. I think if you do, you might be underestimating how backwards west virginia is

Eulogy
01-16-2014, 11:08 PM
having the only other witness to the incident be the judge. not to mention all of the other coincidences that would need to occur. it's complete nonsense.

if you guys think that actually happened then more power to you

redbreegull
01-16-2014, 11:11 PM
I don't know if it actually happened, but I'm not sure why you think it is so outlandish

Eulogy
01-16-2014, 11:14 PM
I don't know if it actually happened, but I'm not sure why you think it is so outlandish

because it is outrageously outlandish

Future Boy
01-16-2014, 11:19 PM

because he never saw nothing but trouble. Your grandfather seems to have been the inspiration for it, please thank him for me

<damn you to whoever doesnt know what that is>

Bread Regal
01-16-2014, 11:19 PM
wouldnt put it past west virginia to pull that shit

duovamp
01-16-2014, 11:23 PM
His grandfather is an out-of-control outlaw who has outed an outpouring of out-related adverbs and adjectives!

redbreegull
01-16-2014, 11:27 PM
welcome to west virginia

http://www.hudsonlee.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/wrong-turn-3-finger.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q73/1017376_380878235346451_991087406_n.jpg

https://images.encyclopediadramatica.es/1/1e/Couchfire.jpg

https://images.encyclopediadramatica.es/5/59/Meanwhile-in-WV.png

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/xk_2y3fYuhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://images.encyclopediadramatica.es/c/c0/Redneck-pool.png

duovamp
01-16-2014, 11:30 PM
South western PA is basically WV Lite.

:(

Trotskilicious
01-17-2014, 12:07 AM
sounds like the flyover between chicago and dc

redbreegull
01-17-2014, 12:13 AM
if it would have happened to anyone it would have happened to my grandfather. last year he wanted to go on vacation to italy but he is losing his mind (he's like 90) and my dad begged him to please just do some sort of group tour. nope, guy has got to rent his own fucking car in italy and drive around. He's there for all of 2 days and he drives his car off a fucking Italian cliff. luckily he was spared from a hundred foot drop by a small ledge he landed on just a few feet down. He was uninjured but his lady friend had some broken ribs. what a fucking dick.

bignothing
01-17-2014, 04:22 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BrI_NkKw6F4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I hope you're all like this in real life.

duovamp
01-17-2014, 11:09 PM
sounds like the flyover between chicago and dc

Good news, passengers. We're hitting some bad weather on the way to our destination, and now you'll all get the wonderful opportunity to tour the Steel City, the City of Bridges, the City of Champions... That's right folks, Pittsburgh. Hey, at least it isn't Cleveland, Detroit, or Buffalo.

duovamp
01-17-2014, 11:09 PM
Or ESPECIALLY Philadelphia.

Trotskilicious
01-17-2014, 11:35 PM
i personally think that detroit is probably cooler than pittsburgh

seriously what has PBGH done for music. there's no stooges, no mc5, no white stripes comin out of pittsburgh

you motherfuckers bring us wiz khalifa and mac miller

thanks a lot

Trotskilicious
01-17-2014, 11:37 PM
here's a comparison:

detroit: white stripes, the stooges, mc 5, aretha franklin, eminem, the list endless
pittsburgh: wiz khalifa and mac miller
philly: the roots...and uh
buffalo: GOO GOO DOLLS
Cleveland: bone fugs and uh

Trotskilicious
01-17-2014, 11:38 PM
on researching, philly brought us hall and oates

Trotskilicious
01-17-2014, 11:39 PM
cleveland brings us the cloud nothings obviously nihilistic punk rock would come from cleveland

duovamp
01-17-2014, 11:52 PM
I don't think you've ever been to the Big D. I've been there a few times and met waltermcphilp there once. That place is sad. And the roads are AWFUL. :(

slunken
01-17-2014, 11:54 PM
Yea but Detroit does have a cooler/harder/realer music scene than Pitt

slunken
01-17-2014, 11:55 PM
Philly is all indie rap, no?

duovamp
01-17-2014, 11:57 PM
Unless you like Anti-Flag, the music scene here is balls.

slunken
01-17-2014, 11:59 PM
cleveland brings us the cloud nothings obviously nihilistic punk rock would come from cleveland

Cleveo has a big punk history - electric eels, the styrenes, the pagans, the invisibles, the dead boys

not to mention devo

Order 66
01-18-2014, 09:41 PM
tl, dr: I guess you don't plan to make an official complaint, order66?

i didn't file any complaint or anything. that sort of thing never goes anywhere

but my lawyer friend is (allegedly) talking with the district attorney about the "public property" being destroyed. so maybe that can be dropped

i still can't wrap my head around how i did anything wrong, except for the glass container. i mean these beach patrol guys must see tons of fucked up shit on the reg. droves of drunk people doing unbelievably stupid and dangerous things... i would think they wouldn't even look twice at a few people quietly sitting around a campfire. but i guess it's well established already the cop is a quintessential asshole cop

supergoo
02-06-2014, 07:44 PM
It can get ridiculous, I had a slightly similar burning thing happen with me.

I was in MY OWN back yard mind you, WITH fire extinguisher no less.

So there I was just burning a few dead strippers (no stereo blaring of anything) and the cops come by and gave me a ration of grief
so I was like...look man, they were already ruined, I mean I strangled them probably 2-3 days ago and at least this way they are hot one last time.
they took one of the ones still on top b/c she was warmed up to about body temp and let me off with a warning.

Order 66
02-06-2014, 07:58 PM
my lawyer friend called the DA's office and the secretary dropped the glass container charge and i got differed sentencing on the destruction of "public property", which ran me at about $300. US legal system, folks

the judge wanted to nail me on all counts and make me take months of alcohol awareness classes, plus he wanted to charge me for not changing my legal address. i don't know what i would've done if that went through

slunken
02-06-2014, 08:48 PM
the judge wanted to nail me on all counts and make me take months of alcohol awareness classes, plus he wanted to charge me for not changing my legal address. i don't know what i would've done if that went through

this makes me seethe

reprise85
02-06-2014, 09:41 PM
seriously, what kind of asshole wants to throw the book at someone for a ton of petty charges

Trotskilicious
02-07-2014, 02:41 AM
Philly is all indie rap, no?

i mean you could say that about every city's rap culture

Trotskilicious
02-07-2014, 02:45 AM
Cleveo has a big punk history - electric eels, the styrenes, the pagans, the invisibles, the dead boys

not to mention devo

fair enough, cleveland has punk cred. punk rock should come from places that utterly suck

devo is not from cleveland

i would like to point out that i excluded the black keys because they are from akron as are devo. devo formed at kent state but all of the members were from akron.