Muzzle
Soma
Encore Two:

Blue Skies Bring Tears
If There Is a God
With Every Light
Encore Three:

Geek U.S.A.

Original Full Show MP3 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5_oPsYmfykKZ3k3cTVjc0VXUkE/edit)

MD5 (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5_oPsYmfykKZjNEQ3l4RGNvTVk/edit?usp=sharing)

--

This is how I received it. It's a master recording -->320kbps MP3.

If someone could please mirror it and post a link that I'll add to this post that'd be great - I don't plan to leave it on GDrive for too long.

Happy Friday....

---

Thanks to Soniclovenoize for splitting the mp3 into a tracked version w/ tags - Links in his post (#12): http://forums.netphoria.org/showpost.php?p=3996954&postcount=12

whywontyoulistn
06-28-2013, 03:12 PM
!!!!!!!!

amoergosum
06-28-2013, 03:12 PM
Copperpot FTW!!!
Thank you!

soniclovenoize
06-28-2013, 03:32 PM
I think I just prematurely ejaculated.

soniclovenoize
06-28-2013, 03:36 PM
This is the real deal folks.

I can split the tracks if you want and upload to zippy, Cpot?

BurtSampson
06-28-2013, 03:47 PM
this is amazing. I only wish they'd played Home at this show because an SBD of that would be excellent

amoergosum
06-28-2013, 03:48 PM
I'm listening to Pug right now...fucking awesome!

Shallowed
06-28-2013, 04:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AuNfknL.gif

Pizza Club
06-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Holy shit, thank you!

whywontyoulistn
06-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Fuck. Jimmy in La Dolly Vita. Fuck. Fuuuuuck.

amoergosum
06-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Billy:
"All right, Jimmy...show them who's boss."

soniclovenoize
06-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Here's the tracks split and tagged.
file 1: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/25358905/file.html
file 2: http://www18.zippyshare.com/v/21338807/file.html

Skradgee
06-28-2013, 04:50 PM
kind of interesting to hear the band members (all four original ones, of course) talking to each other between songs

Ram27
06-28-2013, 05:30 PM
This is fucking incredible.

You can hear everything so well oh my god this is the greatest thing ever.

reepy
06-28-2013, 06:00 PM
pure gold

Ram27
06-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Jimmy really has problems with that section in Muzzle.

AveryLoren
06-28-2013, 07:05 PM
What a wonderful gift to wake up to! thanks Copperpot5.

jimmy drevpile
06-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Amazing. Thank you.

slunken
06-28-2013, 07:21 PM
Dang I can't wait to get home.

slunken
06-28-2013, 07:33 PM
I bought the aud recording of this show from eBay in 99

jimmy drevpile
06-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Billy:
"All right, Jimmy...show them who's boss."

Does he ever... what a show.

TuralyonW3
06-28-2013, 07:52 PM
shit yeah.

thanks so copperpot, and SLN for the split

TuralyonW3
06-28-2013, 08:02 PM
anyone else freaked out this was 14 years ago...

pavementtune
06-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Woa. THANK YOU!

soniclovenoize
06-28-2013, 08:11 PM
Wow what happened to D'Arcy after Dross?

reprise85
06-28-2013, 09:25 PM
the first two songs i was like :billy: :rockon:

and then it became more like :O

this is fucking fantastic

mike byrne needs to go fuck off and for that matter so can billy corgan 2013

this is the band i love

slunken
06-28-2013, 10:01 PM
What is the provenance for this recording?

vajohna
06-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Strangely enough I am currently listening to the audience recording. Kewl upgrade.

slunken
06-28-2013, 10:48 PM

thanks - the original links limits have been exceeded

KManXC
06-28-2013, 10:53 PM
I was at this show - I remember how low the ceiling was in that place and how crazy it seemed to see SP there. This is terrific though - thanks!

KManXC
06-28-2013, 10:58 PM
anyone else freaked out this was 14 years ago...

Yikes. I was only 22! No wife, kids, dear Jebus...

BurtSampson
06-29-2013, 12:48 AM
after listening to this (especially the proto-Machina songs), it's so depressing what happened to the band after this tour. They were truly back on their A-game and most of the Machina songs they played sounded so promising on this tour, and the album probably would've been considered a Siamese Dream part 2 (but not quite as good)

Too bad Darcy and Mickey Rourke fucked it up for everybody.

iPumpkin
06-29-2013, 01:02 AM
after listening to this (especially the proto-Machina songs), it's so depressing what happened to the band after this tour. They were truly back on their A-game and most of the Machina songs they played sounded so promising on this tour, and the album probably would've been considered a Siamese Dream part 2 (but not quite as good)

Too bad Darcy and Mickey Rourke fucked it up for everybody.

I never really felt like Darcy's had a impact on the music post SD. Melissa was great live anyway. If Bill would have kept on plugging on the album after Machina could have been SD2. The 99 tour was my personal favorite.

Also, Dross from this show is gritty. love it!

Corganist
06-29-2013, 01:13 AM
This is incredible.

Is this recording something that people have known was out there, or is this the first we've ever heard of it? I don't remember ever hearing anything about Arising soundboards existing before.

amoergosum
06-29-2013, 01:27 AM
The intro of 'Speed Kills' >>> Jimmy's triplet fill at 0:21
Awesomeness.

paranoid
06-29-2013, 01:32 AM
I'm really, really liking how Jimmy's drums are the loudest thing in the mix.

Slygmous
06-29-2013, 02:40 AM
Copperpot, you are a king among men.

aeroplume
06-29-2013, 03:05 AM
this is awesome, no doubt.

Mo
06-29-2013, 03:20 AM

This isn't working for me - I enter the captcha, but nothing happens.
Aww, man :(

absof
06-29-2013, 07:39 AM
Thanks once again, Copperpot!

BloodyCape
06-29-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm really, really liking how Jimmy's drums are the loudest thing in the mix.

I'm thinking this might be a stealth recording of (probably Jimmy's) IEM mix, or are people thinking it's a board tape? It just seems quite unbalanced to be recorded for the band's personal archive, then again being a club show some elements may have been audible without running it through the PA.

SlingeroGuitaro
06-29-2013, 08:59 AM
I'm thinking this might be a stealth recording of (probably Jimmy's) IEM mix, or are people thinking it's a board tape? It just seems quite unbalanced to be recorded for the band's personal archive, then again being a club show some elements may have been audible without running it through the PA.

This sounds about the same as the 2000 soundboards that are out there. Can't really hear billy. Keep in mind that billy was running 2 full stacks at the time so most of his volume in these clubs would be coming directly from the stage. A good sound guy will only use the PA to balance everything out- use it as a reinforcement too.

I'm looking for a decent audience recording of this to matrix the two together-this will sound more like what it did actually standing in the club. Found 1 on the archive but it sounds like shit.

whywontyoulistn
06-29-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm looking for a decent audience recording of this to matrix the two together-this will sound more like what it did actually standing in the club. Found 1 on the archive but it sounds like shit.

I have two sources but they both sound like shit.

T&T
06-29-2013, 11:02 AM
This isn't working for me - I enter the captcha, but nothing happens.
Aww, man :(
downloads worked for me.

Funky_Gibbon
06-29-2013, 11:18 AM
Wow. Nice one!

wounded
06-29-2013, 11:27 AM
thanks for this. What an awesome tour this was, even though as i recall Jimmy and Billy would show up in a bus and James in Darcy in a separate bus.

I saw them in Cincy on this tour two days earlier. I was a junior in high school and i remember i got up and waited in line to buy tix at Bogarts at like 4 a.m. The line wrapped around the building and the show sold out like immediately and i didn't get tix. Then like the day before the show I found some tix to scalp for 50 bucks and I remember thinking how expensive that was. Anyway that was my first concert, and a pretty cool way to see a huge band like that in a small sweaty club. Hell as i recall people didn't even care half the set was new songs, the audience was just enjoying it. My how times have changed.

BurtSampson
06-29-2013, 12:29 PM
I never really felt like Darcy's had a impact on the music post SD. Melissa was great live anyway. If Bill would have kept on plugging on the album after Machina could have been SD2. The 99 tour was my personal favorite.

Also, Dross from this show is gritty. love it!

Oh I don't mean musically, but when Darcy left it took the wind out of the band

paranoid
06-29-2013, 01:13 PM
The Darcy and billy interactions on this are priceless.

After I am one, Darcy: "can we go a little bit slower?"

After glass' theme, Darcy: holy shit I had the wrong guitar! I was freaking out! Billy says so,etching to the effect of how it was fine.

After dross, Darcy: "the bass keeps falling, I guess I'll just stand like this." Billy: "we need a new bass. Lou!"

RenewRevive
06-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Great work for the community :)

Corganist
06-29-2013, 01:25 PM
The Darcy and billy interactions on this are priceless.

After I am one, Darcy: "can we go a little bit slower?"

After glass' theme, Darcy: holy shit I had the wrong guitar! I was freaking out! Billy says so,etching to the effect of how it was fine.

After dross, Darcy: "the bass keeps falling, I guess I'll just stand like this." Billy: "we need a new bass. Lou!"

I found the D'arcy stuff in there to be a little sad. This tour was where the cracks were finally starting to show as far as her ability to handle being in the band went. To me, she sounds kind of like she's manic or on something in her interactions with Billy here, almost like she's struggling to keep up - but maybe that's just hindsight bias on my part.

paranoid
06-29-2013, 01:33 PM
I found the D'arcy stuff in there to be a little sad. This tour was where the cracks were finally starting to show as far as her ability to handle being in the band went. To me, she sounds kind of like she's manic or on something in her interactions with Billy here, almost like she's struggling to keep up - but maybe that's just hindsight bias on my part.

It is. We don't know if she was always like that or if she was like this during this particular tour.. Point being is that its interesting to hear these types of interactions. You could interpret it as her being manic or just as her having issues with her set up, etc etc.

Ram27
06-29-2013, 01:45 PM
To me it just sounded like she was nervous about the bass, plus energy/excitement from the concert.

jczeroman
06-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Wonderful. Easily the second peak of the band.

mrlvx
06-29-2013, 03:05 PM
Simply amazing. Muchas Gracias Copperpot!

Bread Regal
06-29-2013, 04:01 PM
This sounds about the same as the 2000 soundboards that are out there. Can't really hear billy. Keep in mind that billy was running 2 full stacks at the time so most of his volume in these clubs would be coming directly from the stage. A good sound guy will only use the PA to balance everything out- use it as a reinforcement too.

I was thinking the same thing and sought the audience sourced boot on archive.org which is equally drum heavy. Maybe they were just really excited to have jimmy back and pushed him above everyone else.

Rider
06-29-2013, 04:03 PM

SBDs are almost never mixed. The SBD is there for room sound even when a band is recording it for archives that's what it is recording.

themadcaplaughs
06-29-2013, 04:35 PM
As usual, hats off.

teh b0lly!!1
06-29-2013, 04:59 PM
what i don't get though is that on most professional live consoles you can record every individual channel pre-fader. if they already went through the hassle of setting up a recording why didn't they send it out pre fader and just have a guy set some levels to it later so it could sound decent?

still great to hear jimmy hammering it out though

Raskolnikov
06-29-2013, 06:15 PM
Well, shit - this just made my day yesterday pretty much one of the raddest ever. Put an offer in on a totally badass house (our first) and scored it, by beating out 7 other offers on the same place. Then got to tell my folks that we are pregnant with our first.

THEN - I see Copperpot's tweet about this. Forget about it.

Sounds absolutely great, just fired it up. Such a great benefit to the community, as somebody else previously said.

So we don't know any details about how this one roared out from the depths of the black hole?!

Raskolnikov
06-29-2013, 06:18 PM

And just so we're clear: realize fully how ridiculous that post sounded. But you guys get it at least a little bit, right? You're already in a killer mood, then a TOTAL surprise curve ball gets chucked at ya.

Rider
06-29-2013, 06:38 PM
what i don't get though is that on most professional live consoles you can record every individual channel pre-fader. if they already went through the hassle of setting up a recording why didn't they send it out pre fader and just have a guy set some levels to it later so it could sound decent?

Because recording from the soundboard is an after thought. Also in a club like Tramps how do you expect anyone to hear anything besides room sound. Totally impossible to do a mix unless you have a separate board outside the venue.

qlitchford
06-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Wow. Freaking incredible. Thank you, Copperpot5!

Edit: Thanks to soniclovenoize for cutting up the tracks and doing a nice job with the metadata.

ckeegan
06-29-2013, 08:22 PM
Whoa! I was at this show too...I took a bus all the way from Vermont to see it! The ceiling was crazy low...and the area in front of the state was so crowded you could barely move (I think I freaked out and moved back near the soundboard). I remember the place tipped on its ear when Billy was singing "and she counted the spiders as they crawled up inside her." The heavy version of Pug and Stand Inside Your Love were incredible to hear live for the first time. I slept on the floor of the bus terminal and slept the whole way back to Vermont.

jrlmel78
06-29-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks so much Copperpot.

paranoid
06-30-2013, 12:03 AM
Thanks so much Copperpot.

I second this. Really made my day.. These shows were really something special and its great to finally have an excellent recording of one of them.

Ram27
06-30-2013, 12:31 AM
I love when they start the alt. version of Today and everyone cheers eventually when they realize what song it is. Gives me goosebumps every time.

T&T
06-30-2013, 02:35 AM
in a small club like that the drums and vocals get pumped up in the mix because the guitar (and bass) amps on stage are already fucking loud enough.

redbull
06-30-2013, 03:26 AM

this is twice as much work and most engineers won't do it, as any taper who has attempted to get a recording submix out of a board can tell you

redbull
06-30-2013, 03:29 AM
Is this recording something that people have known was out there, or is this the first we've ever heard of it? I don't remember ever hearing anything about Arising soundboards existing before.

Billy has had everything from the Double Door shows onward run to DAT. it's likely that many shows were done to tape prior to this. the archive supposedly starts at 2/27/95

so I would theorize that most / all of the Arising shows exist in the band's vault. as they were small club shows, I'd bet most have similarly low guitar

redbull
06-30-2013, 03:42 AM
also, Darcy's issues from this time period are well-documented. bear in mind that she almost quit the band three days later in Pittsburgh (rumor is that she wanted to play Daydream and Billy nixed it??) and then the San Diego show was mysteriously cut short after the first encore

sniffingchimp
06-30-2013, 04:51 AM
Thanks so much Copperpot - excellent stuff :) Also big thanks to Sonic for splitting the tracks...

Woody
06-30-2013, 07:10 AM
Never really heard this tour before (previous recordings were pretty poor quality). Just awesome.

What the hell happened to GATGC in the studio?

This live 'and she counted the spiders' section has hints of porcelina... the Machina version loses that completely.

paranoid
06-30-2013, 11:10 AM
also, Darcy's issues from this time period are well-documented. bear in mind that she almost quit the band three days later in Pittsburgh (rumor is that she wanted to play Daydream and Billy nixed it??) and then the San Diego show was mysteriously cut short after the first encore

Any more details that you could elaborate on the Pittsburgh show? I do remember reading from fans on this board that she said she was fed up, billy doesn't care about the band, etc

whywontyoulistn
06-30-2013, 03:18 PM
Any more details that you could elaborate on the Pittsburgh show? I do remember reading from fans on this board that she said she was fed up, billy doesn't care about the band, etc

A few quotes from people who met her at the show:

...she was talking about how the music industry is like a business, and how that really sucks. So someone asked if that meant that she didn?t want to be a pumpkin anymore and she said, "no - it?s just that sometimes it?s great and sometimes it sucks, and right now is one of the times when it sucks."

So then she started saying stuff about how this might be this might be the last time she gets to see us and how she might be leaving the band! Oh man that just caught me so by surprise...I mean they had just all gotten back together and the new album hadn't even come out...my heart totally sank. But IT DIDN'T SOUND DEFINATE! She said that she MIGHT leave if things stayed the same. She said that Billy and James were to blame. She said that Billy had lost sight of why he was doing this and that everything was so anal and up tight. She said that he kept screwing up during the songs and that he appologized for not being professional...she was like "Fuck the whole professional thing what ever happened to just having fun and rocking!" And she said that everyone kept rooting for D'Arcy to sing Daydream and that Billy kept saying that "D'Arcy doesn't like sing" and she was like "The hell I don't! I love to sing!". And she said that her and Billy got into an arguement on stage or something like that.

And she said that James was always in a hurry to go every where. She said that as soon as they got to a new town James was like "I can't wait to leave" and then as soon as they got to the next town it would be the same thing...She said that he just being very annoying. (And it was funny cause at one point one of the groupie guys on the bus poked his head out and was like James wants you to come in so we can leave and D'Arcy was like "Fuck that I'll be out here as long as I want!" :D She was really something!). But yep and she didn't really say anything about Jimmy but she said that it just was not fun anymore and that if things didn't turn around that she was probably going to leave.

After the show I bumped into Darcy Standing out front by the tour buses. She appeared to be pissed off. She said I am going to quit this band I am tired of it all. I said whats the matter babe. Darcy replied "Billy cant sing and he gets angry with me if I miss a rhythem. For Christsakes the words are on the telepromptor all he has to do is read and sing. All I want to do is get out and I am never coming back"

Rocket Launcher
06-30-2013, 05:01 PM
there seem to be a lotta bass and guitar issues (breaking strings) from what I can tell from the banter...Hella good sound quality. Thx Copperpot..this is purely amazing..Billy's raw and passionate voice is all over this one..his "Show 'em who's boss, Jimmy" comment before playing CCS is cool as fuck

Ram27
06-30-2013, 06:28 PM
Billy cant sing and he gets angry with me if I miss a rhythem. For Christsakes the words are on the telepromptor all he has to do is read and sing.

I have no idea what she's talking about.

Bands don't teleprompters at shows.

Billy could sing at this point in time.

SlingeroGuitaro
06-30-2013, 07:31 PM
He did actually use a TelePrompTer during this tour

themadcaplaughs
06-30-2013, 07:53 PM
Well, shit - this just made my day yesterday pretty much one of the raddest ever. Put an offer in on a totally badass house (our first) and scored it, by beating out 7 other offers on the same place. Then got to tell my folks that we are pregnant with our first.

Sounds absolutely great, just fired it up. Such a great benefit to the community, as somebody else previously said.

So we don't know any details about how this one roared out from the depths of the black hole?!

Congratulations man.

It is pretty crazy that random sources throwing stuff out seem to be doing a better job than Billy is with the archive.

The comments about D'arcy say it all and jive with what she said a decade later on that radio show. She obviously loves playing and making music, but just cannot handle the brutality of the music business (which is not a criticism at all; it's fucking brutal).

As for James, this actually backs up what Billy has said in the past: about how James was tired of being in the band, was no longer fulfilled by it, but was sticking around to get paid. From what D'arcy was saying about him wanting to "leave each city" it sounds like he just wanted to play the shows, get the hell out, and keep things moving until the band was done.

James was never one for stage banter, but he sounds downright BORED in this show when talking to the crowd, while D'arcy actually seems pretty energized by the crowd and Jimmy's return.

Ram27
06-30-2013, 08:29 PM
He did actually use a TelePrompTer during this tour
...........c'mon, man.

Also found this googling.
You think a teleprompter is bad? Does anyone remember what Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins did after they released their Adore album? They decided to play a song off it, I believe it was Annie-Dog, and Billy didn't bother to learn the lyrics. He had a roadie hand him a copy of the CD booklet and he sang the lyrics straight out of the booklet on stage. LOL.

hahaha

Rider
06-30-2013, 08:50 PM
Bands don't teleprompters at shows.

Ummm yes tons of bands do.

Shallowed
06-30-2013, 10:00 PM
I wonder if when he makes up lyrics or changes lyrics, he's just forgotten them

stumpycat
07-01-2013, 12:15 AM
I wonder if when he makes up lyrics or changes lyrics, he's just forgotten them
Yep. In an interview some years ago (during "Gish month" I believe) he more of less admitted to this. I do know that he said in relation to the songs on Gish at least, he just left the lyrics short of completely intelligible when signing live and did not release official lyrics so he could just fake it as needed by singing something garbled yet vaguely close.

paranoid
07-01-2013, 01:37 AM
A few quotes from people who met her at the show:

Those are the quotes I remember reading in 1999... Where did you find those?

redbull
07-01-2013, 02:20 AM
^^ those are the same quote i recall

paranoid
07-01-2013, 02:39 AM
It's interesting that these are the only words we really have from Darcy on why she left.. And this is before she was out. After all of these years I'd still love to hear her side of the story. Bc calling her a mean spirited drug addict, even if true, wasn't necessary.. But he seems to have been showing her more compassion when speaking about her as of late.. More so than the other members.

vajohna
07-01-2013, 03:05 AM
Sounds to me like D'arcy wasn't a 'yes man' and Billy probably got butthurt over her eventual departure.

Also, she did drugs. Doesn't really seem like that was frowned upon if you could stand up and play on stage, though.

redbull
07-01-2013, 06:16 AM
^^ no, that is detroit, only proshot from the tour. there are audience videos of san diego and denver (although I've never seen head or tail of the latter)

Raskolnikov
07-01-2013, 09:08 AM
there are audience videos of san diego and denver (although I've never seen head or tail of the latter)

And the former too, yeah? Or has the San Diego video surfaced somewhere and my radar just didn't pick it up?

soniclovenoize
07-01-2013, 09:16 AM
That pro-shot, if I remember correctly, is just the first four songs as it was a webcast.

redbull
07-01-2013, 10:21 AM
And the former too, yeah? Or has the San Diego video surfaced somewhere and my radar just didn't pick it up?

I merely meant that at least we know San Diego exists and has been copied around on VHS. Denver there is literally no info on besides a listing on the spfc page (and to boot, attemping to figure out the audio sourcing for that show has been an ongoing clusterfuck)

That pro-shot, if I remember correctly, is just the first four songs as it was a webcast.

first three, and then French VHS promos were made of I Am One (rip is up at zomb)

really hoping we see the show with the machina reissue

soniclovenoize
07-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Wasn't it supposed to be the first 4 but the feed just cut out?

I remember not being able to see shit on my parents' dial-up. :p

bs1933
07-01-2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks copperpot! Amazing show! The only other soundboard Arising show I have is the San Diego '99 show..

Is this in circulation? I don't think that I've ever seen this anywhere?

whywontyoulistn
07-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Those are the quotes I remember reading in 1999... Where did you find those?

darcywretzky.org and thepumpkins.net

whywontyoulistn
07-01-2013, 02:00 PM
there are audience videos of san diego...

Copperpot was trying to get a copy of this from starlightvideoproductions a while ago, did anything happen?

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=176810

redbull
07-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Is this in circulation? I don't think that I've ever seen this anywhere?

there is no soundboard of san diego in circulation. macgyver is likely referring to the excellent schoeps audience tape

redbull
07-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Copperpot was trying to get a copy of this from starlightvideoproductions a while ago, did anything happen?

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=176810

not sure

Copperpot5
07-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Last we talked about it was back in Jan. He said it wasn't in the binder where he though but that it was probably mixed in with other DVDs he had around.

He didn't speak very highly of the quality. In the original thread I offered to help w/ the cleanup/conversion but it seemed like it was ready to be sent. After a couple fruitless PMs I kinda forgot about it....

.....if anyone has it or gets it I'll clean it/sync it.

Would love to see a screenshot .....

-Jay

Spira|_
07-08-2013, 08:10 AM
Sorry, but Billy's performance here are shit. He barely can sing a note.

Thanks for posting anyway!

cjs42079
07-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Thanks for this recording! I was at this show and never thought I'd see a SBD surface. I think it sounds great. Love the way Jimmy's drums dominate the mix, especially at the end of La Dolly Vita.

Where did this recording come from? There was also a Radiohead SBD from Tramps in '95 released about a month ago...same source? Is someone from Tramps leaking these, or did the band leak this?

slunken
07-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Where did this recording come from? There was also a Radiohead SBD from Tramps in '95 released about a month ago...same source? Is someone from Tramps leaking these, or did the band leak this?

i noticed this as well and wondered the same thing.

Zerospaced
07-08-2013, 06:38 PM
i noticed this as well and wondered the same thing.

Did I miss the lossless version of this? Or was it just leaked in mp3?

CrabbMan
07-08-2013, 06:55 PM
whereabouts do people hear about the latest Radiohead boots coming into circulation?

Looking into that Radiohead show I found this (http://thefourohfive.com/news/article/download-radiohead-s-1995-live-at-tramps-show-1): "On June 1st, 1995 Radiohead celebrated the release of their second album, The Bends, by performing live at Tramps in New York.

The show was hosted by the amazing Paste Magazine, who have kindly put the entire concert up for free download, which is very cool of them."

But according to Wikipedia, paste has only been around since 2005, so the quote above is likely wrong about the source.

vbshlofbvgos
07-09-2013, 06:00 AM
really hoping we see the show with the machina reissue
Agreed. I'd actually prefer Arising shows over the last metro show, not sure how many people agree with me on that. Who knows what they'll do with the dvd for the machina reissue.

adamdanger!
07-09-2013, 07:08 AM
whereabouts do people hear about the latest Radiohead boots coming into circulation?

Looking into that Radiohead show I found this (http://thefourohfive.com/news/article/download-radiohead-s-1995-live-at-tramps-show-1): "On June 1st, 1995 Radiohead celebrated the release of their second album, The Bends, by performing live at Tramps in New York.

The show was hosted by the amazing Paste Magazine, who have kindly put the entire concert up for free download, which is very cool of them."

But according to Wikipedia, paste has only been around since 2005, so the quote above is likely wrong about the source.

Paste isn't the source; they just hosted it. There was also a link on Antiquiet in the last few weeks to another host.

absof
07-09-2013, 07:36 AM
Noisetrade was the source..

http://noisetrade.com/pastemagazine/pastecom-presents-radiohead-live

autumn_amnesiac
07-12-2013, 12:40 AM
i love how d'arcy is high as hell in this. the banter on this is amazing.

slunken
07-12-2013, 12:47 AM

i saw it on discogs because digital audio is apparently now a collectible and tradable (for currency) medium

Bread Regal
07-31-2013, 01:04 PM
just now getting around to giving this a complete and thorough listening. this era was definitely a peak, if not the peak of this band live.

Bread Regal
07-31-2013, 01:09 PM
kinda weird how it rings in the end of the nineties.

dustrock
07-31-2013, 03:35 PM
holy crap missed this. now I have something to listen to on the dog walk tonight

BlackWings
08-01-2013, 03:11 AM
A little late, but thank you ;)

workingdogv1
08-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Little late as well, but thank you so much. Love these shows.

If you really want to get depressed listen to this version of Wound then the Machina version of Wound. :( If only this band hadn't been so broken.

Gooch
08-02-2013, 05:10 PM
clear something up for me...are there any other soundboards from the arising shows available? This is it right????

dustrock
08-03-2013, 12:19 AM
shit I forgot how much more I liked Virex compared to Imploding Voice.

Raskolnikov
08-03-2013, 12:58 AM
clear something up for me...are there any other soundboards from the arising shows available? This is it right????

This is the only one to have surfaced: it's a big freaking deal that this happened. I vote this to be the biggest SP release in years, years, years. For me, this trumps anything on any of the official reissues so far.

Shallowed
08-03-2013, 12:59 AM

There's only nine Arising shows and they're all on archive.org. Although none of them are soundboards, you could just listen to those. Some of them are of very good quality.

Raskolnikov
08-03-2013, 12:59 AM
shit I forgot how much more I liked Virex compared to Imploding Voice.

Amen. Perhaps the worst live --> album transition of any of Billy's stuff... which is saying something. Close second would be BSBT: love the Arising version of that.

slunken
08-03-2013, 03:02 AM
There's only nine Arising shows and they're all on archive.org. Although none of them are soundboards, you could just listen to those. Some of them are of very good quality.

no they aren't

davin
07-28-2014, 03:29 AM
Billy has had everything from the Double Door shows onward run to DAT. it's likely that many shows were done to tape prior to this. the archive supposedly starts at 2/27/95

so I would theorize that most / all of the Arising shows exist in the band's vault. as they were small club shows, I'd bet most have similarly low guitar

:banging::banging::banging::banging:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

davin
07-28-2014, 05:25 AM
i'm glad this 4-14 show has leaked. and yes this was the best SP tour ever. I still put it above rock invasion, lolla 94, infinite sadness....you name it, arising! crushes it.

for me personally, mostly because of the bands mood and ferocity, the promise of less adore-sounding music, and also because of venue size and JC comeback glory vibes.

I hope for new arising soundboard audio and video as part of the machina 1&2 rerelease.

panda show
07-28-2014, 02:09 PM
I once read that all of the arising shows were pro-shot because they planned to release them later, dunno if that's true.

Spaceboy88
07-28-2014, 02:25 PM
I once read that all of the arising shows were pro-shot because they planned to release them later, dunno if that's true.

Like the Pumpkins "final" show at the Metro? Like the "Chicago Songs?" Like (insert every unfilled promise over the past 10 years)...

Raskolnikov
07-28-2014, 03:20 PM

Good question that never got answered... anybody have info here?

Also, need to fire this up and listen again tonight.

milk-plus
07-28-2014, 04:07 PM

IIRC it was only a mp3 version

panda show
07-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Like the Pumpkins "final" show at the Metro? Like the "Chicago Songs?" Like (insert every unfilled promise over the past 10 years)...well, we at least know that the final metro show was pro-shot, and it wasn't pro shot so that billy can watch it and weep when he's 65 years old.
concerning the arising shows, we only know for certain that the detroit show was pro-shot.. it's just that I read about how all of them were pro-shot for future release.. that would somewhat explain why they played the same setlist every night.. although some encores were mysteriously cut short (as mentioned ITT) and that might even be the reason why the shows were never officialy released.

but look on the bright side - the machina reissue has yet to be released, so we can still hope for some of this great footage to come with it too.. I mean, that's the best we can hope for - since it's far too much to expect the final metro show with the machina reissue.. you'd think billy would want a special occasion and a seperate release of that one - it's probably gonna sell pretty good.

Spaceboy88
07-28-2014, 04:43 PM
since it's far too much to expect the final metro show with the machina reissue.. you'd think billy would want a special occasion and a seperate release of that one - it's probably gonna sell pretty good.

I think it's pretty much a given that this Machina 1 & 2 reissue feature the final Metro show as a companion. This is the best way to close out the reissues project from The Smashing Pumpkins as they were. Maybe if that was the very last show under the name "Smashing Pumpkins" a standalone release of the final show would be a big deal, but not anymore.

panda show
07-28-2014, 05:08 PM
I think it's pretty much a given that this Machina 1 & 2 reissue feature the final Metro show as a companion. This is the best way to close out the reissues project from The Smashing Pumpkins as they were. Maybe if that was the very last show under the name "Smashing Pumpkins" a standalone release of the final show would be a big deal, but not anymore.yeah, I agree with you, although right now, we pretty much don't have any info on what will be included with the machina reissue, so we can't be certain on anything.

T&T
07-28-2014, 05:12 PM
final show isn't coming out with machina reissue. don't get your hopes up. I even doubt it would be an arising show either.

Gooch
07-28-2014, 05:26 PM
right on, the energy and enthusiasm of the Arising shows/era was infectious. I felt like MAchina was a "let down" , compared.

slunken
07-28-2014, 06:07 PM
right on, the energy and enthusiasm of the Arising shows/era was infectious. I felt like MAchina was a "let down" , compared.

Basically anything compared to seeing Smash Pump at a small club in 1999 is a let down.

Raskolnikov
07-28-2014, 06:48 PM

For what it's worth, I don't remember seeing any cameras in the front row of the Roxy show. That said, it's been a while now, and it's all filtered thru a stoked out of his damned mind 16 year old fanboy's braincells... so it's possible they were up there and I just missed that entirely somehow.

And, yes, I don't think anything will ever compare to aforementioned Smash Pump circa 1999 concert.

House of Bread
07-28-2014, 06:49 PM
Man, they should've kept that bridge in Dross. It broke up that riff perfectly.

Reyngel
07-28-2014, 08:37 PM
For what it's worth, I don't remember seeing any cameras in the front row of the Roxy show. That said, it's been a while now, and it's all filtered thru a stoked out of his damned mind 16 year old fanboy's braincells... so it's possible they were up there and I just missed that entirely somehow.

And, yes, I don't think anything will ever compare to aforementioned Smash Pump circa 1999 concert.

I was first in line for the Roxy show and front and center. I can confirm that there were no band-allowed cameras filming anything in front of the stage, nor were there any cameras on or off to the side of the stage. There's a slim possibility there were some toward the back of the club, but I doubt it.

Ram27
07-28-2014, 09:38 PM
Wasn't Corgan ranting sometime about how expensive it is to proshoot shows? It seems like a waste to film *every* show on the tour, when just the first one would've been enough.

BTW does the archive contain SBDs of Zwan shows too? Or just SP stuff?

redbull
07-28-2014, 11:12 PM

pretty sure this came from wolfgang's vault originally so probably just what they offered

herzogxyu
07-29-2014, 06:26 PM
it seems insane to me we are still waiting for dvds of the metro 2000 show. it'll shortly be 15 years since the show and still waiting? what business sense does this make? U2 releases a live DVD of every tour they do. Going back to 1993.
So let me see if I recall correctly.
There was supposed to be an Adore documentary/Concert film titled "An Evening with the Smashing Pumpkins." Never made the light of day.
Then Metro 2000.
Then Djali Zwan dvd.
Then Chicago songs.

I'm sure I'm missing something there.
What we did get. That boring Oceania live DVD. eesh.

why not just release them via download either from itunes, amazon, or zuzu fufu shop website?
is he waiting out some kind of contract? doesn't want to split the money with the other members? seriously.
so man high quality shows just lying around. wasting away.

now pearl jam shows are available for purchase for a reasonable price.
pearl jam still plays arenas. hmmm.

Gooch
07-29-2014, 07:09 PM
pearl jam shows are available for purchase for a reasonable price.
pearl jam still plays arenas. hmmm.

thats what I'm sayin

Zerospaced
07-29-2014, 07:57 PM
But you don't see Eddie Vedder trying to open a tea shop, start a wrestling league, run a nail salon, make 2 albums at once, sue fans for stealing, saving kitties, etc... Pearl Jam seems to be a band that has always been focused on just one thing, the music and the fans. They get shit done. I'm not even that big of a PJ fan and I can see they just do what needs to be done. You don't see them talking with fans for 3 years about what kind of fan club they want, or what they want to have released. Sending out surveys, making leet top secret groups of fans to feel out what people are interested in and then never do anything about it. They have released a thousand live shows, they don't worry if only 5 people will buy a show that was recorded in Podunk, Oklahoma... they just sell it.

davin
07-29-2014, 08:31 PM
Basically anything compared to seeing Smash Pump at a small club in 1993 or 1999 is a let down.

fixed. :-)

the energy at the metro in august of 93 was culpable, but no one was quite sure where it would lead. in that sense, 99 was like a powder keg, because of JC's return, and knowing where this band had been....to hell and back.

...though there was plenty of large shows and non-original-line-up shows that were just as awesome too...I can how they don't fit the criteria slunken had in mind.

Spaceboy88
07-29-2014, 11:37 PM
But you don't see Eddie Vedder trying to open a tea shop, start a wrestling league, run a nail salon, make 2 albums at once, sue fans for stealing, saving kitties, etc... Pearl Jam seems to be a band that has always been focused on just one thing, the music and the fans. They get shit done. I'm not even that big of a PJ fan and I can see they just do what needs to be done. You don't see them talking with fans for 3 years about what kind of fan club they want, or what they want to have released. Sending out surveys, making leet top secret groups of fans to feel out what people are interested in and then never do anything about it. They have released a thousand live shows, they don't worry if only 5 people will buy a show that was recorded in Podunk, Oklahoma... they just sell it.

It has to "grind Billy's gears" that Eddie and Pearl Jam are still doing their thing, still selling out arenas, still known as one of the best live bands around and still making records that many people care about.

Billy is a fucking genius who writes some of the best songs ever written. It's exactly what you're saying - just put your head down and do what you do best and let this ancillary bullshit stay out of the way. It's too late now, sadly.

Trotskilicious
07-30-2014, 12:14 AM
pearl jam has been putting out the same album for 10 years

i dunno why you guys slobber all over their knob when you want to compare them to bill

basically all it takes is not being rude to your audience and wasting their time and money to come listen to you complain about how you're not famous: 20th anniversary tour in a nutshell

if bill went out and played and had some witty stage banter then he'd be fine. but noooo he's gotta act like a fucking asshole

people don't pay to go see a guy act like an asshole.

Spaceboy88
07-30-2014, 12:15 AM
pearl jam has been putting out the same album for 10 years

I'm not saying that's a good or a bad thing, but what it is doing is allowing them to sell out arenas and still be considered credible musicians (even by those that don't like their music).

Trotskilicious
07-30-2014, 12:16 AM
mostly it's because they aren't assholes to the fans that pay good money to go see them

Trotskilicious
07-30-2014, 12:17 AM
DEAFHEAVEN'S RULES OF TOURING:

1) Don't be a dick
2) clean up after yourself
3) Play all the time

Zerospaced
07-30-2014, 12:22 AM
Same with the Foo Fighters... they have recorded the same album 3 or 4 times now, but they sell out arenas and they don't insult the fans that pay money to see them. One of the best live show's I've seen in the last few years, and they played for over 3 hours. It's all about attitude, for some reason Billy feels like the world owes him something, but it's that attitude that has prevented him from receiving it (whatever it is).

Trotskilicious
07-30-2014, 12:31 AM
and unfortunately he's not kanye who seems to get away with it for the time being, even if everyone who's ever attended a bonaroo with him as the headliner hates his goddamn guts

Trotskilicious
07-30-2014, 12:32 AM
i mean seriously you guys, do you talk to other SP fans and they basically say that they don't patronize the band anymore because bill is an asshole?

i think people would be more receptive to his work if he didn't act like an unholy ass, it's been like this since the 90s.

waz
07-30-2014, 12:49 AM
How many Arising tour Shows are floating around in Soundboard do you think??
Many on the Archive?

redbull
07-30-2014, 01:24 AM
and unfortunately he's not kanye who seems to get away with it for the time being, even if everyone who's ever attended a bonaroo with him as the headliner hates his goddamn guts

i've attended two that he headlined, still don't hate him

redbull
07-30-2014, 01:24 AM
billy's being a poopyhead though

redbull
07-30-2014, 01:25 AM
How many Arising tour Shows are floating around in Soundboard do you think??
Many on the Archive?

all taped, none in circulation except the 4/14 show which clearly isn't the band's master anyways

Trotskilicious
07-30-2014, 01:53 AM
wow really, how come? re: kanye

herzogxyu
07-30-2014, 01:55 AM
It has to "grind Billy's gears" that Eddie and Pearl Jam are still doing their thing, still selling out arenas, still known as one of the best live bands around and still making records that many people care about.

Billy is a fucking genius who writes some of the best songs ever written. It's exactly what you're saying - just put your head down and do what you do best and let this ancillary bullshit stay out of the way. It's too late now, sadly.

pearl jam released 2 albums in the span of 4-5 years. albums that aren't even great. maybe what's missing for billy is gratitude. or perhaps he really should just do something like eddie's hobo uke acoustic crap that he just puts out. he knows it's not gonna be an arena tour, tours theaters across america like the pumpkins did with adore. they knew it wasn't going to be arenas, hell, even machina tour was small indoor/outdoor theaters.

"Billy is a fucking genius who writes some of the best songs ever written"

let me just go through a quick list of my favorites.
a new poetry. unreleased.
pony express. unreleased.
you were mine. unreleased.
to love you. unreleased.
as rome burns. unreleased.
spun soundtrack. unreleased.
the true poets of zwan. unreleased.
who knows how many unknown demos we've never heard?
couple that in with every dvd that was supposed to be released like ummm, metro, and guess what?
pearl jam wins.
the kind of sort of smashing pumpkins to me died with superchrist and if all goes wrong.

let's hope something happens.

Trotskilicious
07-30-2014, 01:56 AM
fucking oboarders

herzogxyu
07-30-2014, 01:56 AM
ps. there should have been joy and elation regarding the arising tour. they should have just released this shit when it happened.
ps.
fuck kanye.

redbull
07-30-2014, 02:23 AM
wow really, how come? re: kanye

2008: was asleep and didn't care about seeing him. I saw sigur ros and ghostland observatory instead and it was epic

2014: it was really a pretty good show and the whole point of kanye is to fuck with people. by my criteria, it was a very successful performance

herzogxyu
07-30-2014, 02:30 AM

pavementtune
07-30-2014, 02:37 AM
DEAFHEAVEN'S RULES OF TOURING:

1) Don't be a dick
2) clean up after yourself
3) Play all the time

4) crowd surfing

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtCnnK_CIAEsyyU.jpg:small

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/da/df/10/dadf1013b27ce507e04c361778e5d185.jpg

http://darkroom-cdn.s3.amazonaws.com/2013/07/BS-AE.POY13P5.jpg

http://seattletimes.com/ABPub/2010/09/01/2012778115.jpg

Trotskilicious
07-30-2014, 02:50 AM
yeah george crowd surfs also

Trotskilicious
07-30-2014, 02:51 AM
oh is that him in the first pic?

Trotskilicious
07-30-2014, 02:51 AM
2014: it was really a pretty good show and the whole point of kanye is to fuck with people. by my criteria, it was a very successful performance

true, he is a great big pop culture troll

pavementtune
07-30-2014, 03:13 AM
oh is that him in the first pic?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtFZEAQCcAExrqr.jpg

Yea, at a festival in Chicago recently.
One of the best current live acts I've seen, Deafheaven destroyed the rest of the line-up.

Trotskilicious
07-30-2014, 03:15 AM
yeah they are absolutely the shit. i wish they'd stop playing here in july but they'll be at FFF in nov, not sure if i can go

davin
07-30-2014, 11:36 AM
will have to check Deafheaven out. I only went to the first day of pitchfork festival this year. looks like they were channeling Jesus Lizard's performance from p4k in 2009.

http://beatcrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Jesus-Lizard-Header.jpg

http://cdn2.pitchfork.com/news/43871/b95d577b.jpeg

http://beatcrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/The-Jesus-Lizard-1.jpg

http://www.undertheradarmag.com/uploads/article_images/JesusLizard_PitchforkFr151.jpg

redbull
07-30-2014, 03:31 PM
deafheaven is pretty dope. caught their bonnaroo set and was impressed, seeing them again in two months :rockon:

Raskolnikov
07-30-2014, 03:59 PM
Saying that Pearl Jam and the Foo Fighters have both made "the same album for the past 10 years" is hideously unfair to Pearl Jam. Granted, I'm not about to say that Pearl Jam has radically re-invented themselves with an "Adore" somewhere along the line, but there has been way more variance there than across the Foo Fighters catalog.

While SP is my favorite band - and PJ is my second favorite band, I tend to draw that same comparison as well some days, and assume that BC is somewhere groaning over how successful Pearl Jam is while his band flounders. But I'm really not sure that Billy sees his band in the same light as Pearl Jam. Would be a very, very interesting question to ask of him someday.

Zerospaced
07-30-2014, 09:13 PM
Backspacer and Vitalogy are probably my favorite PJ albums. I don't know if saying so and so band has made the same album for the last 5 years is really an insult... obviously they are doing something right. I do prefer FF over PJ though. Both bands have more success than the Pumpkins.

mattisnotfrench
07-30-2014, 10:00 PM
Backspacer and Vitalogy are probably my favorite PJ albums. I don't know if saying so and so band has made the same album for the last 5 years is really an insult... obviously they are doing something right. I do prefer FF over PJ though. Both bands have more success than the Pumpkins.

Backspacer is almost universally loathed by most of Pearl Jam's online community at least.

Given how much of a shitshow the SP experience has become, being a PJ fan is at times almost as embarrassing, except that nobody seems to have noticed outside of parts of the online community. Why? Because it's the same lineup, because they play their hits, and because they are still pretty good live.

slunken
07-30-2014, 10:17 PM
also,

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb14/slunken_2007/eeooo11111_zpsc541cb35.jpg (http://s207.photobucket.com/user/slunken_2007/media/eeooo11111_zpsc541cb35.jpg.html)

wounded
07-30-2014, 10:19 PM
i'm a huge PJ fan and i liked backspacer. It certainly has some duds on it, but overall i liked it. New one is about half and half shit/good.

That being said, I don't think PJ has put out a really great whole album in quite a while, but as mentioned above they have become a live act and make their concerts worthwhile for their fans. They did a good job of growing/protecting their brand and a lot of that helps with them staying together.

Corgan kind of squandered the pumpkins brand. I mean in 96/97 they were arguably the biggest band in the world. His contemporaries can still sell out arenas. I guess the pumpkins never really were a good arena band though.

As the arising tour showed. the four original members in a small club was a kick ass concert.

bye june
07-30-2014, 11:44 PM
I love Ten and Vs but their albums after 94 get boring. The Lost Dogs compilation is great though.

redbull
07-31-2014, 12:29 AM
i don't think i've ever listened to a pearl jam album besides ten, but they are one of the best live groups i've ever seen. energy for days.

OldAtHeart
07-31-2014, 01:04 AM
Just wanted to say thanks to all for the live shows and the leaks. Coupled with the reissues, these leaks have really increased my interest again in this band.

OldAtHeart
08-01-2014, 11:17 PM
As a thank you to all, I have fixed a few tracks.

I Am One - fixed left channel drop out at 3:46
Today - cut a few minutes of audience out
Muzzle - as Billy requested we create one, I have created a "bootleg edit" that seamlessly joins the song with the last outro verse. Jimmy doesn't fuck this version up (but Billy still gets some of the words wrong). ;)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/p45e33

Gooch
08-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Wtf is all this about?

Ram27
08-01-2014, 11:56 PM
As a thank you to all, I have fixed a few tracks.

I Am One - fixed left channel drop out at 3:46
Today - cut a few minutes of audience out
Muzzle - as Billy requested we create one, I have created a "bootleg edit" that seamlessly joins the song with the last outro verse. Jimmy doesn't fuck this version up (but Billy still gets some of the words wrong). ;)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/p45e33

That's very cool, thanks! Muzzle sounds seamless

Since I'm assuming you know more than me about this, is it possible to somehow make the guitars louder in the mix too?

OldAtHeart
08-02-2014, 01:55 AM
That's very cool, thanks! Muzzle sounds seamless

Since I'm assuming you know more than me about this, is it possible to somehow make the guitars louder in the mix too?

without the separate track for guitars, all you could is add some EQ to higher frequencies where the guitars should be at.

Brisk
09-17-2017, 05:45 AM
reup please?

Skradgee
09-19-2017, 12:09 AM
Hi Brisk. Message acknowledged. I may eventually be able to help. No trolling...just saying Hey for now. What's good? How are things?

FoolofaTook
09-19-2017, 04:50 AM
Things a brisk with Brisk, like duh.

FoolofaTook
09-19-2017, 04:51 AM
Alcest >>>>> Deafheaven

Arising >>>>>> Machina

Spoken, I have.

Brisk
09-19-2017, 08:41 AM
Speed Kills is maybe one of the best songs they every played. The version from Pittsburgh 99 is amazing. The jam at the end is just killer, I love that riff that just keeps on repeating at the end.

jczeroman
09-19-2017, 08:46 AM
Speed Kills is maybe one of the best songs they every played. The version from Pittsburgh 99 is amazing. The jam at the end is just killer, I love that riff that just keeps on repeating at the end.

Yes.