View Full Version : I'm making a 25th Anniversary video with a difference

SPumpkinsUK
06-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Hi everybody,

You may know me from such TV series as... no wait! As some of you are aware, July 9th marks the 25th anniversary of the Pumpkins first live show. I've been thinking about putting such a compilation together for some time and this feels like the perfect time to do it, i've got a few pieces together already but now I'm searching out for more. Some people know of my plans on Facebook and Twitter.

The theme: Pop culture references

What I'm looking for is the band or even one of the members being referenced in television or filmed. Whether it's by speech, parodies, background memorabilia, anything you can find.

What I have available right now:

Clerks II (1979)
The Saint (You're All I got Tonight)
My So Called Life (The band where mentioned in the episode but I've yet to confirm)
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Obvious reasons...)
Saved By The Bell: The New Class (An episode involving a storyline about someone wanting to go too an SP concert)
Sabrina The Teenage Witch (An episode where she wants to go to an SP concert)
The Lost Highway (Eye)
Mystery Science Theatre 3000 (The band and Billy are referenced in 2 or 3 episodes but right now I can't remember which ones, if anyone knows please let me know or I'll have to watch every single episode again. Pretty sure they're all Mike era)

There's also this gem I found today. Disney's House Of Mouse, finally found footage of Huey, Duey & Luey as 'The Splashing Pumpkins':

http://i.imgur.com/20e9SHT.png

I've also heard stories about them being mentioned in these too. If anyone can confirm and also give me episode titles, times of occurrence I'd be very grateful.

California Dreams
Cybil
Home Improvement (Poster)
Faceoff (Poster)
The Horse Whisperer
ER (Thirty-three music video in background)

If anyone can provide more info on these and other more suggestions, again, with episode info as well as time of occurrence, or film with time of occurrence I'd be extremely grateful and I will credit you for it. I'll even let you make up your job title in the production, even if it's "Wil Wheaton's ass scratcher" or "Raccoon de-louser".

I'm not looking for band appearances, just references. Even in interviews and such. On the day itself I'll upload the compilation to my Youtube channel, if the copyright people say no then I'll upload it to Vimeo.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for anyone for helping out. Right now I'm searching for source material, closer to the date I'll be asking more about how people would prefer to see the format of the final production. I'm no technical wizard so don't expect a Hollywood type of production quality. But I'd be happy to take any advice.

Kind regards,

Moi

Starla
06-04-2013, 05:10 PM
They were on the simpsons as well

Starla
06-04-2013, 05:11 PM
And Solid Gold with the Solid Gold dancers.

SPumpkinsUK
06-04-2013, 05:19 PM
The Simpsons counts as band appearance. I'm looking for references. Like this:

http://i.imgur.com/hEp6rGp.png

reprise85
06-04-2013, 05:21 PM
There was an episode of Clarissa Explains It All where Sam writes an essay about SP or something like that. I don't remember exactly but something is referenced.

reprise85
06-04-2013, 05:25 PM
this is a cool idea btw

reprise85
06-04-2013, 05:26 PM
how about the billy corgan age 8 mtv commercial

SPumpkinsUK
06-04-2013, 05:30 PM
I've got that commercial and it's already on the channel, I never even thought about using it

Reyngel
06-04-2013, 05:53 PM
There are like a dozen episodes of Cold Case that feature Pumpkins music in the background, including Crestfallen, Tonight Tonight, and more.

And wasn't there a Pumpkins poster on the wall of one of the boy's rooms in Home Improvement?

Also, I think there's a Pumpkins poster on the wall of Sam's bedroom in Michael Bay's Transformers movie.

SPumpkinsUK
06-04-2013, 05:58 PM
Transformers will be more easier to scroll through. Home Improvement won't be though

pavementtune
06-04-2013, 06:01 PM
I can look into Cold Case if you want, this shite is sitting around here somewhere.

Adult Head
06-04-2013, 06:10 PM
gah

Shallowed
06-04-2013, 06:20 PM
That muppets thing.

NO DON'T SMASH ME I'M NOT A PUMPKIN

Well then what are you?

...squash?

...Okay!!

Xteenmachine
06-04-2013, 06:27 PM
The date scene in Bowfinger.

"Do you like Smashing Pumpkins?"
"I love doing that!"

themadcaplaughs
06-04-2013, 07:12 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ-I9UYNbs89giIaReDgJw6x68UW_Go1lGcCKV94SSiPsWZOOn9w

Elijah Wood wearing a Smashing Pumpkins shirt. This may be in the movie Flipper.

reprise85
06-04-2013, 07:34 PM
we should all post our awkward yearbook photos where we are wearing SP shirts

i dont have my yearbooks but i can probably find someone who does

Butt Pope
06-04-2013, 10:25 PM
Elijah Wood also wears a zero shirt in lord of the rings.

slunken
06-04-2013, 10:56 PM
I can hook you up with the mst3k references when I get home. I have a txt file somewhere I think.

D.
06-04-2013, 11:09 PM
The Simpsons counts as band appearance. I'm looking for references. Like this:

http://i.imgur.com/hEp6rGp.png

i used to have this shirt.

2002 holler!
http://i46.tinypic.com/25asnde.jpg

slunken
06-04-2013, 11:41 PM
0901 - THE PROJECTED MAN

0821 - TIME CHASERS

reprise85
06-04-2013, 11:44 PM
i had that one too

slunken
06-04-2013, 11:46 PM
there's at least one more reference i can't find right now

reprise85
06-04-2013, 11:51 PM
in seventh grade i had that shirt and:

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTqG-ef7qgMkAtp8Sev6e-iyapJz8_8rSvuSWW_9T1MZiu8Bvo

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mk8OTi6cGH_wm5WEmo2tlxg.jpg

http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mFBVOre4BW1lnAKPk4wT9bQ.jpg

and of course this one (long sleeve. very important):

http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m70UfbYmMfP6b-11DM3P75w.jpg

i wore one of those fuckers every single day

by eighth grade i had moved up to SD and gish era shirts i bought for $75 each on that there newfangled ebay thingy

D.
06-04-2013, 11:53 PM
http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mk8OTi6cGH_wm5WEmo2tlxg.jpg

had this as well. :)

now all i have is the siamese dream album cover shirt from hot topic. :o

SPumpkinsUK
06-05-2013, 05:14 AM
0901 - THE PROJECTED MAN

0821 - TIME CHASERS

You sir, are a legend!

SPumpkinsUK
06-05-2013, 05:14 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZ-I9UYNbs89giIaReDgJw6x68UW_Go1lGcCKV94SSiPsWZOOn9w

Elijah Wood wearing a Smashing Pumpkins shirt. This may be in the movie Flipper.

I heard about Flipper before, thank you for reminding me

teh b0lly!!1
06-05-2013, 07:55 AM
not sure if it counts and i don't even like this idea that much but i'm pretty sure To Sheila was on some episode of the o.c

reprise85
06-05-2013, 09:58 AM
had this as well. :)

now all i have is the siamese dream album cover shirt from hot topic. :o

that's the shirt i wore in my 7th grade yearbook.

i dont have any shirts at all now. i left them and all of my other possessions in louisiana when i left my super crazy ex. also, incidentally, that shirt was the shirt i was wearing when i first met him in person

i did rebuy the just say maybe shirt but i ended up giving it to a friend who appreciated it much more than i did

D.
06-05-2013, 12:46 PM
i forget, is the just say maybe shirt the one with all the text on the back about selling out or something?

i used to be such an expert at trivia like this

reprise85
06-05-2013, 01:02 PM
nope it is black and has a red star and the back says "just say maybe"

i think the paragraph shirt had a red heart on it

reprise85
06-05-2013, 01:03 PM
i used to wear that shirt to school and work (at borders) without ever realizing that "just say maybe" was a play on "just say no"

D.
06-05-2013, 01:10 PM
itt i learn that it was a play on that, too.:dammit:

Radiofred
06-05-2013, 01:30 PM
The My So Called Life episode is 'Father Figures' that mentions pumpkins.

reprise85
06-05-2013, 01:31 PM
i dont know that for sure but it seems obvious now

slunken
06-05-2013, 02:17 PM
i did not realize until later when i realized

Trotskilicious
06-05-2013, 03:02 PM
predictive posting.

all of you are pathetic internet saddos

Xteenmachine
06-05-2013, 03:57 PM
remember deviousj's jaxx post generator?

megalomano
06-05-2013, 06:59 PM
Cybill (mention), the nanny (mention), Home Improvement(Siamese Dream poster), Clarissa (mention), the saint (song).

stumpycat
06-05-2013, 09:26 PM
nope it is black and has a red star and the back says "just say maybe"

i think the paragraph shirt had a red heart on it

That was my very favorite SP shirt and, incidentally, the one I never acquired.
I love the bold, basic color and design against a black (there is no better t-shirt color!) background. Black/deep red/white accent is my favorite color combo.

I had the Mission to Mars/"Devil" shirt, the red "Wizard" shirt, the "Vampire" shirt, the Starla/"Spaceman" shirt, and a home-made Zero shirt because I wanted something that looked and fit as close to the real thing as possible. And I designed costumes at the time anyway.

Yeah, the paragraph shirt did have the SP Heart on it.

And props to Elijah Wood for getting a size small SP shirt. That's what the power of Hollywood movie magic will do for you. ;) Seriously, who in the hell ever found a size small?

EDIT: I just remembered, speaking of SP cultural references -
- one of my Game Informer magazines (it was the December/holiday 1995 edition, I think) mentioned the awesomeness of MCIS by one of the game reviewers (I'm thinking Andy). And no, I don't have it anymore!
- back in 1996 there was an edition of Anti-Gravity Room (an old Sci-Fi Channel show) where host Nick was wearing the Just Say Maybe t-shirt - he was hosting from segments from in a comic book and/or record store (uhhh...that really narrows it down, right?) as I recall.

D.
06-05-2013, 09:29 PM
I had the Mission to Mars/"Devil" shirt, the red "Wizard" shirt, the Starla/"Spaceman" shirt
just know i was jealous of you if you had those!

i found the wizard logo thing stickers at a record shop back in like '01 or '02 and bought all the ones they had and proceeded to put four of them on my first car's back window (along with all kinds of dumb stickers and bands)

stumpycat
06-05-2013, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I had the wizard sticker. It's still on one of my guitar cases (along with a bunch of local bands' stickers, lol.)
But just remember those shirts cost me a pretty penny at the time - now they are worth virtually nothing.

Trotskilicious
06-06-2013, 12:05 AM
yeah i'm pretty sure nearly everything works like that

reprise85
06-06-2013, 12:22 AM
yeah those shirts were expensive. i also had the purple spaceman with a condom on its head/starla bridge lyrics shirt and the SD era white one with the SD cover girls eating popsicles on it

also this one, MCIS era i think:
http://www.catacombscds.com/images/smashing_pumpkins/smashing_pumpkins_barcode_shirt.jpg

this Gish era shirt:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mer2wkDzx11r4igmd.jpg

reprise85
06-06-2013, 12:23 AM
the adore ones i think they were the cover, the one with the goat and one other with the band on the front and d'arcy's boobs on the back? might be transposing those together a little. i had those. god, what a waste of money.

slunken
06-06-2013, 12:33 AM
um, those shirts sell for more than what the original retail price was. at the minimum at least by $10. of course by the time the later albums came out (adore and machina) and shirts were being produced in high quanities there is a difference between shirts sold at stores and those sold on tour with dates on the back.

slunken
06-06-2013, 12:39 AM
i've been looking for the french "i am a fish" shirt for a while.

still have the following:

sd heart w/ the we sold out text on back
adore album cover with tour dates
resume the pose

shirts lost - zero (could care less), and the machina-era cross logo (stp). i didn't like how it fit so i gave it to my girlfriend at the time (she went to the show with me).

reprise85
06-06-2013, 01:01 AM
um, those shirts sell for more than what the original retail price was. at the minimum at least by $10. of course by the time the later albums came out (adore and machina) and shirts were being produced in high quanities there is a difference between shirts sold at stores and those sold on tour with dates on the back.

the adore shirts i got on tour... maybe one MCIS also on tour... the rest i paid ridiculous prices on ebay or via AMSP. like, $60+ each in the 90s. when i re-bought the just say maybe one (also my favorite), i paid around $35... in like, 2005ish

slunken
06-06-2013, 01:07 AM
the rest i paid ridiculous prices on ebay or via AMSP.

that needs to be distinguished then. the post above yours is stumpycat saying how the shirts are virtually worthless and then you agree several times saying indeed what a waste of money they are and how expensive they were.

that is simply not the case. the fact that you paid over 60 for some of these shirts is proof positive.

slunken
06-06-2013, 01:09 AM
the prices you've given above are pretty standard for a buy-it-now

slunken
06-06-2013, 01:11 AM
i didn't like how it fit so i gave it to my girlfriend at the time (she went to the show with me).

side-note: maybe 5-6 years ago i found and messaged her on facebook with the intention of getting it back :/

slunken
06-06-2013, 01:12 AM
also this is all very beneficial information the OP

reprise85
06-06-2013, 01:38 AM
that needs to be distinguished then. the post above yours is stumpycat saying how the shirts are virtually worthless and then you agree several times saying indeed what a waste of money they are and how expensive they were.

that is simply not the case. the fact that you paid over 60 for some of these shirts is proof positive.

i never agreed that they were worthless, just that i paid too much for them. not because i paid more then market price, but because i could have spent it on other things that were more important

slunken
06-06-2013, 01:51 AM
i never agreed that they were worthless, just that i paid too much for them. not because i paid more then market price, but because i could have spent it on other things that were more important

This is the exchange that I (and anyone else reading) witnessed:

But just remember those shirts cost me a pretty penny at the time - now they are worth virtually nothing.

yeah those shirts were expensive.

god, what a waste of money.

you must have been talking to yourself.

slunken
06-06-2013, 01:52 AM
again, this is all very useful information to the OP

megalomano
06-06-2013, 03:18 AM
the whale wars promo (BWBW)

http://youtu.be/utAzZjqjFd0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/utAzZjqjFd0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Radiofred
06-06-2013, 03:41 AM
"This Life" TV show had many scenes featuring Mellon Collie songs. "Ruby, 33, Arms of sleep"

myosis
06-06-2013, 07:27 AM
again, this is all very useful information to the OP
reprise seems to have a tendency to derail threads to talk about herself. i'd like to diagnose her some time...

reprise85
06-06-2013, 09:50 AM
This is the exchange that I (and anyone else reading) witnessed:

you must have been talking to yourself.

no, i agreed that they were expensive and that i wasted money on them. i think you're ascribing why i think those things to what stumpycat said, but i did not agree that they are worthless now. only that they were expensive and i wasted money. i think i wasted money because 1) i could have spent it on something else, like instruments for example and 2) i lost them all when i left my ex

reprise85
06-06-2013, 09:52 AM
reprise seems to have a tendency to derail threads to talk about herself. i'd like to diagnose her some time...

i definitely tend to, for sure

reprise85
06-06-2013, 09:54 AM
back to the OP:

mouse over this -
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06072006

not sure if you can somehow use it in a video

Kahlo
06-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Pretty sure that in an episode of Friends Monica says they are all going to go see a Smashing Pumpkins concert.

this may not be true, but I have a feeling it is.

Kahlo
06-06-2013, 09:57 AM
google eh:

“I disarmed you with my smile?” I called out when he was a few feet from me, raising my eyebrows.
He turned and smirked at me. “You sure did.”
“You totally snaked that from a Smashing Pumpkins song,” I said, shaking my head.
“The fact that you know that is incredibly sexy.”
“I told you, I’m not like most girls.”

― Monica Alexander, Aftershocks (novel)

Trotskilicious
06-06-2013, 10:36 AM
boy that's some excellent dialogue there i bet that's a real man booker prize contender

Shallowed
06-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Most girls want a man with the bling bling
Got my own thing, got the ching ching
I just want real love

adamdanger!
06-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Pretty sure that in an episode of Friends Monica says they are all going to go see a Smashing Pumpkins concert.

this may not be true, but I have a feeling it is.

I just saw an episode where they all went to a Hootie and the Blowfish concert. Such eclectic taste.

Trotskilicious
06-06-2013, 11:55 AM
god that show is fucking horrible

Trotskilicious
06-06-2013, 11:56 AM
it's like it was written by a computer program that was tasked with simulating what it's like to be 20 in 1996

and people were like LOL SO TRU

Kahlo
06-06-2013, 12:06 PM
OMG U ARE TOTALLY CHANDLER!

slunken
06-06-2013, 12:11 PM
How you doin?

SPumpkinsUK
06-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Other band t-shirts are available.

Thanks for the continued suggestions guys and gals.

stumpycat
06-07-2013, 02:05 AM

Okay, I think I need to explain the context of my comments, which would also happen to coincide with what Reprise85 is saying.

I, too, bought those old shirts on ebay when they were at a market premium, i.e. when SP was heading off the height of its popularity (1997-1999) but had built a legion of fanatic, internet-savvy collectors who wanted desperately all the cool old shit that they missed the boat on because they came aboard some time in the MCIS era. THIS is when those shirts were most valuable and incited bidding wars, and probably when Reprise85 bought hers as well. The closing bids were at least a $20 dollar premium over what they would have originally cost had you bought them at the concert, in the record shop, in the back of the music magazine, or whatever.

By the mid-2000s these shirts completely lost their market value (and for obvious reasons I'm not even going to bother to mention) - I was going to sell them off but decided the market value was so poor it was not worth it and Goodwill'd them instead. Yes, since that time the "buy it now" option has exploded in popularity (across ebay in general) but this option is often ridiculously overpriced and as you will see bidding action is actually nearly non-existent on many common items. Buy it Now tends to be an especially poor gauge of the actual market value of items sellers somehow think they can pawn off as "rare," "vintage", "collector", etc. just because they are old and out of print or no longer manufactured. But to be clear, the t-shirts gave me much pleasure when I bought and wore them weekly through middle school and high school.

stumpycat
06-07-2013, 02:19 AM
it's like it was written by a computer program that was tasked with simulating what it's like to be 20 in 1996

and people were like LOL SO TRU
Uggh. My mother and aunt both thought that show was the shit. I think they thought this comedy about respectably well off, aspiring young professionals living together was somehow a realistic representation of the fantastically cool and fun lives of GenX-ers. :rolleyes: My aunt especially, since she had two daughters in that age group.

Esty
06-07-2013, 02:51 AM
what a waste of fucking time.

slunken
06-07-2013, 12:39 PM
Yes, since that time the "buy it now" option has exploded in popularity (across ebay in general) but this option is often ridiculously overpriced and as you will see bidding action is actually nearly non-existent on many common items. Buy it Now tends to be an especially poor gauge of the actual market value of items sellers somehow think they can pawn off as "rare," "vintage", "collector", etc. just because they are old and out of print or no longer manufactured. But to be clear, the t-shirts gave me much pleasure when I bought and wore them weekly through middle school and high school.

being perfectly aware of how ebay works, doing a quick search of completed auctions for vintage smashing pumpkins shirts shows that they still sell for good money, with or without inflated BIN.

spacey raygun
06-07-2013, 03:54 PM
i recall an episode of street sharks where one of the sharks says "woah, smashing pumpkins" after seeing pumpkins being smashed.

Trotskilicious
06-07-2013, 04:55 PM
i really have to question the value of this endeavor

Trotskilicious
06-07-2013, 04:56 PM
you're looking for pop culture references about one of the biggest bands of the 90s? i mean what

it's like how austin media still widdles itself pink over a celebrity saying "Austin, Texas" out loud. No seriously, this town is world famous at this point okay guys it's not that weird or special at all that some asshole celebrity says "Yeah Austin is a p. cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything."

Rairun
06-07-2013, 06:02 PM
Gilmore Girls, Episode 3x12

Rory: "Look, we're not always going to like the same things. Like, you like Smashing Pumpkins and I don't."

Lane: "But that's only 'cause you're close-minded and blind."

Rory: "What can I say? They're not my angst."

SPumpkinsUK
06-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Gilmore Girls, Episode 3x12

Rory: "Look, we're not always going to like the same things. Like, you like Smashing Pumpkins and I don't."

Lane: "But that's only 'cause you're close-minded and blind."

Rory: "What can I say? They're not my angst."

Awesome, thank you!

SPumpkinsUK
06-07-2013, 07:04 PM
To those who see this as pointless then seriously just not make the effort in expressing it, you took enough interest to read and comment. Just move on. Do you think your comment is going to change my mind?

I'm doing this because I can, I have no interest whether someone gives a fuck or not. God damn, if I was seeking approval or opinions I'd ask for it in the first place. Honestly, if you don't approve then simply just not watch!

SPumpkinsUK
06-07-2013, 07:05 PM
you're looking for pop culture references about one of the biggest bands of the 90s? i mean what

it's like how austin media still widdles itself pink over a celebrity saying "Austin, Texas" out loud. No seriously, this town is world famous at this point okay guys it's not that weird or special at all that some asshole celebrity says "Yeah Austin is a p. cool guy and doesn't afraid of anything."

What the fuck are you banging on about?

SPumpkinsUK
06-07-2013, 07:23 PM

I seriously think you're missing the whole point of this. You probably get an angry boner every time you hear your name mentioned. "Grr, fuck yeah, my name, they said it, fuckers! I hate them! I'll kill them, but they said my name though, I love them! Fuckers, hate them for it, but I love them for it!"

slunken
06-07-2013, 07:25 PM
This is a valid exercise. It's done all the time.

Esty
06-07-2013, 08:23 PM
To those who see this as pointless then seriously just not make the effort in expressing it, you took enough interest to read and comment. Just move on. Do you think your comment is going to change my mind?

I'm doing this because I can, I have no interest whether someone gives a fuck or not. God damn, if I was seeking approval or opinions I'd ask for it in the first place. Honestly, if you don't approve then simply just not watch!

First, go fuck yourself. Second, I feel its a stupid fucking thing and its a waste of fucking time. I said it, so deal with it. Quit your crying, shut the fuck up, and keep wasting your stupid useless life if you don't care what we think.

Just to restate it, its a waste of fucking time.

slunken
06-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Hobbies include: being negative

adamdanger!
06-07-2013, 08:34 PM
I'll watch it. Why the fuck not? If I can spare hours on a message board for a dead band, why not watch a video?

The Chicago Code had SP songs in a bunch of episodes. And Bildo sang the theme song written by someone else.

slunken
06-07-2013, 08:59 PM
Totally blocked that from memory

stumpycat
06-07-2013, 11:50 PM
being perfectly aware of how ebay works, doing a quick search of completed auctions for vintage smashing pumpkins shirts shows that they still sell for good money, with or without inflated BIN.
DAMN IS THE MARKET UP AGAIN?

...I should have held out few years. :(

Trotskilicious
06-08-2013, 12:46 AM
I seriously think you're missing the whole point of this. You probably get an angry boner every time you hear your name mentioned. "Grr, fuck yeah, my name, they said it, fuckers! I hate them! I'll kill them, but they said my name though, I love them! Fuckers, hate them for it, but I love them for it!"

did this make sense to anyone else

Trotskilicious
06-08-2013, 12:47 AM
hey guys pop culture mentioned one of the biggest bands in the world isn't that nifty

D.
06-08-2013, 04:01 AM
forget shirts, i bought a "rarities" 5-cd set on ebay for $100+ in 2000 because i had yet to discover other channels to get the "rare" songs.

i remember, though i had a job, my dad being like "$150 for 5 cd's, really?"

SPumpkinsUK
06-08-2013, 04:17 AM
First, go fuck yourself. Second, I feel its a stupid fucking thing and its a waste of fucking time. I said it, so deal with it. Quit your crying, shut the fuck up, and keep wasting your stupid useless life if you don't care what we think.

Just to restate it, its a waste of fucking time.

http://i.imgur.com/wRFvL1F.png

Esty
06-08-2013, 05:03 AM
What a shithead. I thought you didn't care what people think. I told you to shut the fuck up and go about your business. Stop replying to me if you don't care what I think.

reprise85
06-08-2013, 09:26 AM
they may have gotten mentioned a lot, but that was 15+ years ago. it's a cool idea IMO

Butt Pope
06-08-2013, 01:34 PM
a big nut sack

SPumpkinsUK
06-08-2013, 05:15 PM
a big nut sack

I'll try too ******* that somewhere

Edit: How is inc-lude a rude word?

slunken
06-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Coding

Butt Pope
06-08-2013, 06:03 PM
I'll try too ******* that somewhere

Edit: How is inc-lude a rude word?

Playing the role of the big nut sack: Mikey's Tonight Tonight snare rolls

Kahlo
06-09-2013, 03:35 PM
How is your kid doing Ash?

SPumpkinsUK
06-10-2013, 06:02 PM
How is your kid doing Ash?

Really good thanks, she turned 3 in March. Very advanced for her age, loves books and puzzles and always pushing too learn more and more. I've got no worries with her and I'm an extremely proud father. Just wish I could see her more often

SPumpkinsUK
06-10-2013, 06:23 PM
I kinda uploaded these already

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qn2vGeOOvUQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SPumpkinsUK
06-10-2013, 06:24 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PUbqeMN3jTk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SPumpkinsUK
06-10-2013, 06:25 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lUqN_f1LQIk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SPumpkinsUK
06-10-2013, 06:25 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/BPGHS2_w5JA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

redbreegull
06-10-2013, 06:38 PM
can't believe it's already been 5 years since the 20th anniversary shows

redbreegull
06-10-2013, 06:38 PM
WHITE CROSSES

stumpycat
06-10-2013, 11:22 PM
MST3K is great...I get the distinct impression the writers weren't big fans of SP though.

soniclovenoize
06-11-2013, 12:04 AM
One of the teachers at my high school was one of the original writers for MST3K.

*the more you know

runnersdialzero
06-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Elijah Wood discusses Machina for a few seconds on an episode of the Osbournes

soniclovenoize
06-11-2013, 10:17 AM
*Add mickyshambles to Your Ignore List

Trotskilicious
06-11-2013, 12:23 PM
HOLDIN MAH DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK

killtrocity
07-03-2013, 01:58 AM
I just remembered this from when I was 7

http://www.mariowiki.com/List_of_implied_organizations#Boyz_II_Pumpkins

Shallowed
07-03-2013, 02:08 AM
Really good thanks, she turned 3 in March. Very advanced for her age, loves books and puzzles and always pushing too learn more and more. I've got no worries with her and I'm an extremely proud father. Just wish I could see her more often

Wait, aren't you the one that had a Frogs website?

amoergosum
07-09-2013, 06:07 AM
>>>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zkC4_-fdSKk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SPumpkinsUK
07-10-2013, 04:47 PM
Wait, aren't you the one that had a Frogs website?

I still do www.rosyjackworld.info

I haven't updated it in a while though

Trotskilicious
07-10-2013, 05:43 PM
nostalgia sucks

Shallowed
07-10-2013, 07:23 PM
stop replying to me if you don't care what I think bla bla I can't get laid

slunken
07-10-2013, 11:30 PM
A VIDEO WITH A DIFFERENCE

killtrocity
07-18-2013, 11:34 PM
Daniel Tosh, season 2, episode 9:

If your favorite memory of smashing pumpkins doesn't involve Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, my favorite track is 1979, you might be a redneck

slunken
06-14-2014, 09:13 PM
i was watching "teenage werewolf" via mst3k the other night and right after the scene where michael landon runs out of the school after attacking the gymnast, there's a crowd of people gathering and mike exclaims "billy corgan!"

i had to rewind it but sure enough one of the guys in the background is a tall gangly fellow resembling SD-era short-hair corgan. its basically billy the tall geek with a buzz cut. it looks exactly like him.

pale_princess
06-14-2014, 10:36 PM
i still have my siamese dream shirt and my 1988-2000 end shirt. i wear them to yoga and bed sometimes

Order 66
06-14-2014, 10:44 PM
i still got my 1988-2000 shirt.. theres some ugly bleach stain on it. but otherwise it's held up alright

never could bring myself to throw it out

pale_princess
06-14-2014, 10:47 PM
my sd shirt has a few little paint stains on it. from high school art class and from when i was re-painting some furniture a couple years ago. very artsy.