View Full Version : News section on ByStarlight.org

celestials
05-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Just launched a Smashing Pumpkins news site here: http://bystarlight.org/news/

We're a pretty big team of writers, so we're hoping to post news fairly regularly. Most of us want to focus on topics that can be discussed at length. Hopefully this is the kind of news source that the community was looking for. I'm always open to suggestions.

I wanted to thank everyone for their support in that other thread about my site. My "last move" worked, so it's definitely worthwhile to keep my site going. Honestly, the best part of all this is working with other fans so I'm looking forward to developing this section over time.

- Marie

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/485447_479525235460873_1518671398_n.png

suun
05-20-2013, 06:28 PM
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/DOiM-0h09Ck/hqdefault.jpg

themadcaplaughs
05-20-2013, 06:55 PM
I wanted to thank everyone for their support in that other thread about my site. My "last move" worked, so it's definitely worthwhile to keep my site going. Honestly, the best part of all this is working with other fans so I'm looking forward to developing this section over time.

Your "last move?" You mean pissing and moaning? It reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons were Bill Clinton tells Lisa the best American value is whining until you get your way.

Trotskilicious
05-20-2013, 07:08 PM
i don't remember that episode

Trotskilicious
05-20-2013, 07:09 PM
but yeah i agree if things are bad just keep your head down and don't say anything you wouldn't want anyone to think you were a whiner

celestials
05-20-2013, 10:23 PM
I probably should have clarified, but what I meant by "last move" involved getting SP to use their official social media accounts more to disseminate news.

It wasn't my intention to come across as a whiner in the other thread. I was simply trying to answer people's questions. The bulk of my posts was answering to misunderstandings and rash conclusions.
But yeah, I can see why you interpreted it that way.

themadcaplaughs
05-21-2013, 09:33 AM
Shut up you two and read crestfailen, that might just be more your style.

I'm good.

i don't remember that episode

It's Saddlesore Galactica from season 11. A lot of people consider it one of the worst, but that moment alone with Clinton makes it worthwhile.

Cool As Ice Cream
05-21-2013, 10:06 AM
i don't give a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!

http://i.somethingawful.com/u/occupyjapan/awfulvision3/pumpkins.JPG

Adult Head
05-21-2013, 01:42 PM
eagerly awaiting news of bystarlight.org's inauguration on the crestfallen feed

Adult Head
05-21-2013, 01:44 PM
refresh

refresh

SPGayrights
05-21-2013, 01:45 PM
eagerly awaiting news of bystarlight.org's inauguration on the crestfallen feed

oh cool, they're working together?

Adult Head
05-21-2013, 02:03 PM
who knows? not me.

the birth of an SP news site certainly seems like worthwhile news for the community, don't you think? it would be admirable form on monte's part to spread the word

Adult Head
05-21-2013, 02:03 PM
refresh

Adult Head
05-21-2013, 02:12 PM
As for spreading the word - Nicole already did.

that's not the point

Adult Head
05-21-2013, 02:18 PM
What would you like to see?

news of bystarlight.org's inauguration on the crestfallen feed

Adult Head
05-21-2013, 02:29 PM
refresh

Rider
05-21-2013, 02:39 PM
Washed up band fan sites is serious business.

T&T
05-21-2013, 02:42 PM
What would you like to see? A crestfailen post saying "please visit bystarlight org - they speak English?"
but he'd mess that up too.
best he stays out of it.

SPGayrights
05-21-2013, 02:55 PM
We can change the world... just use bystarlight and not crestfallen for all your SP news.. So basically check it once a month..

slunken
05-21-2013, 03:00 PM
and of course the Zwan vault..

supposedly we're only about a half a year away from that door opening

Rider
05-21-2013, 03:10 PM
supposedly we're only about a half a year away from that door opening

More like year and a half.

Adore Christmas.

$500 Machina set next spring.

Zwan sometime after that.

slunken
05-21-2013, 03:18 PM
i was only referring to 2014 being the year that corgan finally gets access to the rights to those songs

Rider
05-21-2013, 03:31 PM
i was only referring to 2014 being the year that corgan finally gets access to the rights to those songs

Ahh gotcha.

RenewRevive
05-21-2013, 04:27 PM
More like year and a half.

Adore Christmas.

$500 Machina set next spring.

Zwan sometime after that.

yeah. schedule sounds about right, assuming it isn't abandoned, which of course it will be if Corgan is driving the project. and remember Billy will want to re-release Zeitgeist in 2017.

lol@$500 Machina set! i fucking hope not, it's the first reissue i'm genuinely excited about.

Rider
05-21-2013, 04:43 PM
yeah. schedule sounds about right, assuming it isn't abandoned, which of course it will be if Corgan is driving the project. and remember Billy will want to re-release Zeitgeist in 2017.

lol@$500 Machina set! i fucking hope not, it's the first reissue i'm genuinely excited about.

Billy can't abandon these. He signed up to do them and they will be done with or without him. All he can do is back away and not take an active role.

The only one I want is none clipped to death Adore. Machina without the clipping will also be nice but it's not make or break for me. The thing I'm most excited over is I hope he just empties the Zwan vaults. I'd actually consider paying $500-$600 if we got the entire Zwan archive plus a bunch of live shows in one giant Neil Young sized package.

Adult Head
05-21-2013, 04:46 PM
I'd actually consider paying $500-$600 if we got the entire Zwan archive plus a bunch of live shows in one giant Neil Young sized package.

lordy

RenewRevive
05-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Billy can't abandon these. He signed up to do them and they will be done with or without him. All he can do is back away and not take an active role.

The only one I want is none clipped to death Adore. Machina without the clipping will also be nice but it's not make or break for me. The thing I'm most excited over is I hope he just empties the Zwan vaults. I'd actually consider paying $500-$600 if we got the entire Zwan archive plus a bunch of live shows in one giant Neil Young sized package.

oh i know he's signed up and has no chance to nix the reissues, but i'm unsure to what point the contract extends. Machina, obviously, but i'd thought Zwan was down to Billy requiring the full rights (this year or the next?) to the material and as for solo work, Zeitgeist etc, who knows?

yeah, i am interested in Adore of course, but am really jonesing for the Machina 2 material primarily. and yes i really want to hear all the brilliant Zwan stuff that we only have in live format. if it ever comes off, it will be fucking awesome.

Rider
05-21-2013, 04:59 PM
oh i know he's signed up and has no chance to nix the reissues, but i'm unsure to what point the contract extends. Machina, obviously, but i'd thought Zwan was down to Billy requiring the full rights (this year or the next?) to the material and as for solo work, Zeitgeist etc, who knows?

yeah, i am interested in Adore of course, but am really jonesing for the Machina 2 material primarily. and yes i really want to hear all the brilliant Zwan stuff that we only have in live format. if it ever comes off, it will be fucking awesome.

I have no faith in any of the Machina 2 stuff ever coming out in a non-mud listenable form. I'm not a huge fan of the sound of either 1 or 2 so I doubt a remaster is going to do it for me. The only thing I might be interested for that would the artwork and packaging, but nope sorry not spending a penny more on any of this overpriced crap.

The MCIS/TAFH cash grab really bugs me.