View Full Version : Generic video games thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18

run2pee
12-06-2016, 09:21 PM
I have no intention of ever "finishing" oblivion b/c the oblivion gates shit and main storyline bore me to F

Rather burglarize big houses in my undies and disappear anyone who's rude to me (playing as a dark elf this time so that's pretty much everyone)

run2pee
12-06-2016, 09:22 PM
Breeg. Is the music in sky rim as achingly gorgeous as that in much of oblivion

redbreegull
12-06-2016, 09:29 PM
I don't know, this is my first elder scrolls game.

The music is pretty good... I've heard some songs from the soundtrack on the Sirius XM spa station that plays where I work. Kind of like diet LOTR. After playing for a long time it gets repetitive though, like any game. In Red Dead Redemption they recorded 18 hours of music in the same key, elements of which are combined randomly (and triggered by what's happening in game) so that you're not really likely to ever have the exact same experience with the soundtrack twice. I wish more games did stuff like that. Maybe they do actually, I just hardly play any games.

Tchocky
12-06-2016, 10:24 PM
Final Fantasy XV better improve pretty fast. I'm not that far into it but the so far the story is dull and the combat seems clunky, like a less fast-paced version of Kingdom Hearts. It's an extremely pretty game (the character models and the scenery are both superb) and the characters actually talk like human beings (which is a significant step forward for any video game, let alone a Final Fantasy game) but maaaaaaaannn...not a good first impression.

Tchocky
12-06-2016, 10:29 PM
What always made the classic Final Fantasy games great in my opinion was the music, the villains (Kefka, Sephiroth, etc.), the memorable locales, and each character being distinct. I'm not getting any of that at all in FFXV ("Stand By Me"? SERIOUSLY?!). It seems like yet another wannabe Skyrim (and if I wanted to play Skyrim, I'd fucking play Skyrim; why does every game released by a AAA publisher these days that isn't a shooter feel the need to emulate Skyrim?).

Order 66
12-07-2016, 03:50 AM
has anyone actually completed skyrim

like ever? I've logged 100 hours now and I'm at level 34?! It goes to 80 something, yeah? Some of my skills are all the way up in the 70s though. I've done the Companions, Mages, and Thieves storylines plus tons of side quests. It's like never ending. I almost wish it was a bit less, or that I could track my progress towards 100% at least

You never really finish elder scrolls games. No matter how much you play new shit will keep popping up

If you need "closure" just save finishing the main quest for last

Elphenor
12-07-2016, 05:16 AM
Elder Scrolls game is finished when you get bored

buzzard
12-07-2016, 06:56 AM
You know it's over when you're taking an enchanting potion ahead of imbuing items with boosts to the alchemy skill, then wearing those to make a stronger enchanting potion that can be used to create higher level alchemy enchantments for items of clothing that would allow you to then create a better potion and so on.

run2pee
12-07-2016, 11:26 AM
What always made the classic Final Fantasy games great in my opinion was the music, the villains (Kefka, Sephiroth, etc.), the memorable locales, and each character being distinct.

^
This so hard, o god the music from FFII and III (snes) alone could keep me happy for a lifetime. And the beautiful sprites, and the characters

No 3D polygonal FFs have ever given me that feeling

redbreegull
12-07-2016, 05:18 PM
You know it's over when you're taking an enchanting potion ahead of imbuing items with boosts to the alchemy skill, then wearing those to make a stronger enchanting potion that can be used to create higher level alchemy enchantments for items of clothing that would allow you to then create a better potion and so on.

yeah there are times I have sat down to play and wound up doing shit like this for 2 hours and then wondering how I just wasted so much time making some fucking boots

ohnoitsbonnie
12-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Has anyone in here played Ico?

FlamingGlobes
12-07-2016, 10:05 PM
Cheer up take it to gamestop get $10 go buy beer

Good call bruh

run2pee
12-14-2016, 12:21 PM
Got Ocarina 3D in the mail last night, pop'd that tiny cartridge in the 3DS, took a deep breath and ...

Sweet mother of F nearly wept as those gentle harp notes began and link spurred epona across those beloved hills and valleys ... can't believe what a great job they did on the remaster and the 3D.

Best $20 I've spent on video gaming in a looooooooooong time, can't wait to play it all nite long

Elphenor
12-14-2016, 01:21 PM
idk how people replay games once I'm done with one I never look back

run2pee
12-14-2016, 03:20 PM
I can see that and sometimes I wonder why I'm replaying an old fave when there's a stack of PS3 games I haven't even opened

For me it comes down to my moods. Sometimes I feel like snuggling into a comfy nostalgia trip so I'll go traipsin down SNES lane, pop in Chrono Trig or motherfuckn some Earthworm Jim. Other times I want something new and gritty and ultraviolent, so I'll rip the plastic of that $20 god of war anthology

U know? But Ocarina just feels right whenever I boot it up. It's like I get sucked in no matter what

Elphenor
12-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Don't you know all the answers to the puzzles already

run2pee
12-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Nah son let me let u n on a little secret

Never play sober

run2pee
12-14-2016, 04:28 PM
Has anyone in here played Ico?

Nah I wanna tho

Elphenor
12-14-2016, 05:22 PM
It's not like you have to be sober to solve Zelda puzzles

LaBelle
12-15-2016, 11:50 AM
My cousin copied me the emulator he uses and about a billion old games. I have more games than I can ever play on this laptop now.

If only I knew where to start :(

Aeris
12-16-2016, 06:58 AM
ffxv fuckin owns
i've played 20 hours and i'm still in chapter 3 and i just want to fish and ride chocobos everywhere
i never knew this is what i wanted in a final fantasy game

run2pee
12-16-2016, 02:47 PM
My cousin copied me the emulator he uses and about a billion old games. I have more games than I can ever play on this laptop now.

If only I knew where to start :(

Pick a system and we'll tell you what to play. Personally my fave era/console is SNES; can recommend a butt ton of lesser known fun games

run2pee
12-16-2016, 02:48 PM
ffxv fuckin owns
i've played 20 hours and i'm still in chapter 3 and i just want to fish and ride chocobos everywhere
i never knew this is what i wanted in a final fantasy game

How's the tunes

Good to know there'll b a good FF to play when I buy next gen in 10 yrs or so

reprise85
12-16-2016, 05:30 PM
i've been playing fallout new vegas. 27 hours in. i got ED-E really early in the game (with spare parts) and he's generally been able to kill most enemies without me even getting involved until the last couple places i went to. i've basically put all of my points into energy weapons, explosives, speech, and lockpick and it's working so far for me. i put all my extra stat points (str intel etc) into perception and intelligence.

run2pee
12-16-2016, 06:45 PM
Any monster hunters? I got 4 for the 3ds as my 1st monster hunter game. Gotta say I'm a little overwhelmed. Still trying out the weapons, combat hasn't "clicked" for me yet, still feels awkward

run2pee
12-16-2016, 06:46 PM
i've been playing fallout new vegas. 27 hours in. i got ED-E really early in the game (with spare parts) and he's generally been able to kill most enemies without me even getting involved until the last couple places i went to. i've basically put all of my points into energy weapons, explosives, speech, and lockpick and it's working so far for me. i put all my extra stat points (str intel etc) into perception and intelligence.

I wish I could play this but I heard it's BS on the PS3, like totally unplayable

reprise85
12-16-2016, 09:07 PM
yeah seems too complex for a PS controller

LaBelle
12-22-2016, 10:27 AM
Pick a system and we'll tell you what to play. Personally my fave era/console is SNES; can recommend a butt ton of lesser known fun games

I can do with good recommendations on NES, SNES and Mega Drive games.
My preferences are usually with platformers, action and puzzle games.

I never got into the old style RPGs so, idk. If there's a newbie friendly easy and fun RPG I would try it.

Been playing a lot of Street Fighter this past few days. I feel like i'm 12 again :D

run2pee
12-22-2016, 10:43 AM
Hmm fave platformer on SNES is probably the Aladdin game. Truly a joy to control and beautiful graphics/music. The earthworm jims are great but can be obtuse/frustrating to get into. Pitfall the Mayan Adventure is superb but hard as balls in spots

This is off top, I'll check my collection later and add some more

run2pee
12-22-2016, 10:45 AM
Well I've done it. I've accepted the challenge of the Souls games. Got Demon's Souls. Still dying, hard, but strangely compelled to keep trying. I am a temple knight

redbreegull
12-22-2016, 11:05 AM

Have you played Fallout 3? How does it compare? I'm thinking about playing New Vegas next

LaBelle
12-22-2016, 11:43 AM
Hmm fave platformer on SNES is probably the Aladdin game. Truly a joy to control and beautiful graphics/music. The earthworm jims are great but can be obtuse/frustrating to get into. Pitfall the Mayan Adventure is superb but hard as balls in spots

Thanks, I never played those before. Will definitely give them a shot. Thanks!

reprise85
12-22-2016, 02:37 PM
Have you played Fallout 3? How does it compare? I'm thinking about playing New Vegas next

i did not play fallout 3.

the only problem with new vegas is a lot of general playing bugs, for example sometimes it knocks me out of first person and i can't get back into it unless i quit the game and come back in. this happens after almost all quick travel and other times, too. i also get this thing where the menus either scroll all the way down or all the way up and again i have to exit and restart the game to fix it. this happens sometimes several times an hour, sometimes once every 2-3 hours. but way too often. and then if i re-launch the game directly after exiting it sometimes gets stuck in loading the game and i can't even access the task manager and have to sign out of windows and sign back in. which takes all of 10 seconds but ya know, anything else open has to re-open etc

despite that it's been really fun, i've played like 50 hours and got a perk where i can see every location in the game and i've been to about half. i just did a major thing in the main plot and it was pretty satisfying. i have a lot of side stuff on the radar plus all those places i haven't been to yet. plus i haven't done any of the DLC (i bought the ultimate edition with all of it included).

i may at some point uninstall and reinstall the game to see if the bugs get fixed but i'm more worried about somehow fucking it up more

redbreegull
12-22-2016, 05:15 PM
i did not play fallout 3.

the only problem with new vegas is a lot of general playing bugs, for example sometimes it knocks me out of first person and i can't get back into it unless i quit the game and come back in. this happens after almost all quick travel and other times, too. i also get this thing where the menus either scroll all the way down or all the way up and again i have to exit and restart the game to fix it. this happens sometimes several times an hour, sometimes once every 2-3 hours. but way too often. and then if i re-launch the game directly after exiting it sometimes gets stuck in loading the game and i can't even access the task manager and have to sign out of windows and sign back in. which takes all of 10 seconds but ya know, anything else open has to re-open etc

despite that it's been really fun, i've played like 50 hours and got a perk where i can see every location in the game and i've been to about half. i just did a major thing in the main plot and it was pretty satisfying. i have a lot of side stuff on the radar plus all those places i haven't been to yet. plus i haven't done any of the DLC (i bought the ultimate edition with all of it included).

i may at some point uninstall and reinstall the game to see if the bugs get fixed but i'm more worried about somehow fucking it up more

are there updates available for PC versions of games like this? Fallout 3 in the 360 was buggy, but not quite to the extent you are describing

reprise85
12-22-2016, 06:16 PM
yeah, there are lots of updates. i have the latest version though. i can't really find anyone having the first person problem like i am - when i search i get people who have somehow re-mapped their keys and that's why they can't change their perspective. and the scrolling issue i can't really find but i haven't searched very hard. i did do a general check of my files thru steam and it did identify something as corrupt and re-downloaded it. i haven't played much since then so we'll see.

LaBelle
12-22-2016, 10:18 PM
Any monster hunters? I got 4 for the 3ds as my 1st monster hunter game. Gotta say I'm a little overwhelmed. Still trying out the weapons, combat hasn't "clicked" for me yet, still feels awkward

I've played a TON of both Monster Hunter 3 and 4 on the 3ds. I love those games (at least until they get insanely difficult later on)

The combat can take some getting used to, it feels super slow at first. But once you learn to identify the openings and pick your correct attacks it feels SO satisfying.
I really recommend reading up on the weapons and how to properly use them (online, cause the in game tutorials are super basic). I was super lost at first and then I read you could dizzy monsters with the hammer if you smack them in the head, so I started using the hammer and it's been my weapon ever since.

freshfacedyouth
12-23-2016, 12:05 PM
currently playing the latest call of duty because i'll never stop being a 13-year-old

buzzard
12-23-2016, 08:15 PM
I can do with good recommendations on NES, SNES and Mega Drive games.

Shadowrun on the SNES was always a favourite of mine.

FlamingGlobes
12-23-2016, 09:14 PM
currently playing the latest call of duty because i'll never stop being a 13-year-old

I actually came here to ask what people see in Call of Duty. I have Call of Duty II for PS3 that I inherited in the divorce and I just...I don't get the massive appeal. At all. This game bored me to tears.

Can you tell me in 100 words or less what you enjoy about these games?

run2pee
12-23-2016, 09:28 PM
Booted up some borderlands 2 for 1st time tonite shits bananananananas

redbreegull
12-23-2016, 09:40 PM
I actually came here to ask what people see in Call of Duty. I have Call of Duty II for PS3 that I inherited in the divorce and I just...I don't get the massive appeal. At all. This game bored me to tears.

I don't get it either. The linear maps and 100% scripted movements of the enemies makes for one of the most boring shooters ever.

Elphenor
12-23-2016, 09:43 PM
You don't play it for the campaign you play it to dumpster noobs online

I don't like military shooters very much but I'm just saying

redbreegull
12-23-2016, 09:46 PM
why do you have to buy a shitty game to dumpster noobs online? can't you do that as easily with a decent game?

FlamingGlobes
12-23-2016, 10:03 PM
I don't get it either. The linear maps and 100% scripted movements of the enemies makes for one of the most boring shooters ever.

I'm glad it's not just me. Granted, I've always struggled as an adult with games that don't let you color outside of the lines.

FlamingGlobes
12-23-2016, 10:04 PM
But srsly, I'd love to hear from people who genuinely enjoy the game

redbreegull
12-23-2016, 10:09 PM
I'm glad it's not just me. Granted, I've always struggled as an adult with games that don't let you color outside of the lines.

I guess it depends what one looks for in a game. I told my friend I don't like COD games and he started going on about how they are so challenging when you raise the difficulty and I was just like bruh. I don't want a game to be frustrating. I want it to be fun.

FlamingGlobes
12-23-2016, 10:11 PM
Yeah, I hate a good challenge when it comes to videogames as well. Probably why 90% of my videogaming this year has been Mario Kart 8.

FlamingGlobes
Videogames are my "detach from the outside world and unwind" activity

FlamingGlobes
With or without alcohol

redbreegull
12-23-2016, 10:16 PM
Yeah, I hate a good challenge when it comes to videogames as well. Probably why 90% of my videogaming this year has been Mario Kart 8.

I just really hate repeating the same thing over and over and over in a game because it's too hard to get to the next checkpoint or whatever

FlamingGlobes
12-23-2016, 10:24 PM
I just really hate repeating the same thing over and over and over in a game because it's too hard to get to the next checkpoint or whatever

Yeah, I get discouraged too easily and then I'm like "fuck this shit, this is just a fucking videogame. I'm gonna go jerk-off or some shit."

redbreegull
12-23-2016, 10:32 PM
Yeah, I get discouraged too easily and then I'm like "fuck this shit, this is just a fucking videogame. I'm gonna go jerk-off or some shit."

my problem is that I won't give up, just get steadily more frustrated

FlamingGlobes
12-23-2016, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I just kind of cap off after 7 or 8 tries. I give up easily.

Elphenor
12-24-2016, 02:18 AM
why do you have to buy a shitty game to dumpster noobs online? can't you do that as easily with a decent game?

I agree but judging Cod by the linear single player is funny

freshfacedyouth
12-25-2016, 02:40 PM

i can't speak on behalf of call of duty 2, i've never played that one and i'd have to imagine the series has changed A LOT since then (call of duty 4 set a precedent for not just the series moving forward, but multiplayer shooters in general.)

as for what i enjoy:
- latest game (infinite warfare) is truly beautiful, space setting makes for some really cool sights
- lots of value for the price (more content than I can get to these days)
- multiplayer has always been fun. i used to play battlefield and halo but those didn’t do the trick for me. i’d probably enjoy a game like CSGO but i don’t play on PC. cod is one of the best - if not THE best - console shooters
- i’m not a fan of challenging games usually, and cod campaigns have not been challenging in years

freshfacedyouth
12-25-2016, 02:44 PM
i am feeling some series fatigue, however. if the title next year isn't a sequel to 2014's advanced warfare i'm taking a break for a few years. i just don't see the point, there's so much else out there to play. in my perfect world they'd retire the series for five to ten years and it'd have some glorious return and i'd be happy to jump back in, but that is never ever going to happen

redbreegull
12-25-2016, 02:49 PM
I agree but judging Cod by the linear single player is funny

yeah I don't really like multiplayer/online gaming tbh. I know I'm in the significant minority on this, but I've never thought playing games with other people was as fun as immersing myself in a good story mode alone.

buzzard
12-25-2016, 10:13 PM
I'm in the same boat when it comes to single player versus online.

Cooperation is typically more frustrating than competition, though, if we're being specific.

LaBelle
12-26-2016, 10:04 PM

Absolutely LOVED the Aladdin game, played it a lot during the weekend and beat it this afternoon. Really beautiful graphics and plays really well. The difficulty was also good, not too hard but not a complete cakewalk (tho the part where you have to escape from the lava on the magic carpet is complete bullshit because the lava takes up 3/4s of the screen leaving you with just the right corner to go through the serpentine path and if you hit the floor or ceiling you die instantly).

My favorite bit was actually playing the "whole new world" scene, it's just a bonus section but is so pretty and the music is super good. I was singing the song the whole way through. Amazing.
The inside the genie lamp section was also really good.

Thank you so much for the reccomendation!

I'll be trying both Pitfall and Shadowrun (thanks for the rec, buzz) this week, hopefully those will be fun as well :)

crabshack
12-29-2016, 03:57 PM
Playing Legend of Zelda: Oracle of the Seasons for the 1st time. This Poison Moth dungeon is difficult.

Shallowed
12-29-2016, 07:11 PM
Played Half-Life for the first time ever

Remembered why I don't really play video games

FlamingGlobes
12-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Oh shit, the Aladdin game. So many snow days spent in 1995 powering through that shit on my Sega Genesis. I'd love to get my hands on a copy of that again someday.

redbreegull
12-29-2016, 09:55 PM
Playing Legend of Zelda: Oracle of the Seasons for the 1st time. This Poison Moth dungeon is difficult.

I loved these games, takes me back to summer before 7th grade.

Elphenor
12-30-2016, 03:58 AM
Thinking about getting into Diablo just getting the triple set and grinding it up

teh b0lly!!1
12-30-2016, 04:32 AM
Played Half-Life for the first time ever

Remembered why I don't really play video games

it's probably clunky as fuck for now but when it came out it really was worth all the hype. i wish they still made worthwhile story-oriented fps's

run2pee
12-30-2016, 01:28 PM
Glad u liked Aladdin labelle, I know there's a bunch other good platformers I'm forgetting, I'll post some more recs on Sunday

Currently playing: red dead redemption, infamous 2, shadows of the damned, demon's souls, child of light on th PS3; bravely default, chrono trigger, Mario 3D land on the 3DS

Thinking about using the charge blade in monster hunter 4 but took a long break after getting overwhelmed by this truly deep and intimidating little cartridge

reprise85
01-04-2017, 08:42 PM
So I beat Fallout New Vegas, I was getting bored as fuck and didn't even explore everything or do the DLC. So I started a new game on very hard + hardcore mode and am going to make minimal use of companions and work on crafting more and things like that. So far it's been more fun but not all that much more challenging. We'll see I guess

LaBelle
01-05-2017, 07:25 AM
I'll post some more recs on Sunday

Looking forward to it!

LaBelle
01-05-2017, 07:41 AM
I had a bit of a rough time playing both Pitfall and Shadowrun for completely different reasons.

First impression of Pitfall was good, game looks good, plays fine. However, after a few minutes I got stuck into a loop where I had to make a long-ish route to get to a certain point and if I missed the final jump (which was unfairly hard, I never managed to get it right) it would dump me back to the beginning of said route... so basically I spent like 30 minutes trying to get past that and just could not. :(

Shadowrun I absolutely loved the aesthetic immediately, reminded me of Blade Runner a bit. Cool actiony RPG. I could see myself getting into but the main problem I had with it was that it just simply didn't provide any clear direction for me to accomplish any of the early objectives. I know I have to get into this bar, but I need a membership card, which costs way more money than I have atm and I have no idea how to make money? There's a dying man in an apartment who needs a street doctor, but the only street doctor I can find gives me no option to tell him to help that guy.
It was interesting but confusing, granted I only played it for about an hour at this point.
I kinda wanna get a little further into it before making any judgement tho, it seemed like a really cool game so far.

Tchocky
01-09-2017, 02:00 AM
Add a new entry to my list of "Greatest Video Game Soundtracks of All Time." So devilishly twisted.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RUamYxDhog0?list=PLzjxg51LpxEHKl778z5kCsxr66NIuGkQ x" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Need to play the game (yes I heard the soundtrack before playing the game, sue me)...looks like Earthbound meets Mad Max meets Children of Men.

buzzard
01-09-2017, 02:55 AM
I could see myself getting into but the main problem I had with it was that it just simply didn't provide any clear direction for me to accomplish any of the early objectives.

Did you manage to arm yourself by following that dude into an alley after leaving the morgue?

LaBelle
01-09-2017, 10:34 AM
Did you manage to arm yourself by following that dude into an alley after leaving the morgue?

Yes, didn't go straight there. But I managed to grab the gun and kill the dude there.
Am I supposed to keep killing people over and over to get enough money to buy the pass?

LaBelle
01-09-2017, 10:36 AM
I played the whole way through (around 3 hours) Ittle Dew this morning.
What a lovely game, it's a Zelda clone but changes a few things here and there to keep it fresh. The writing was really charming and Ittle Dew herself is really funny. Eatin' Hearts!

buzzard
01-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Yes, didn't go straight there. But I managed to grab the gun and kill the dude there.
Am I supposed to keep killing people over and over to get enough money to buy the pass?

Are you referring to the concert ticket?

It's been such a long time, but I distinctly recall a childhood homie running into this exact problem.

toase
01-16-2017, 01:21 AM
I was playing Kigdoms of Amalur : Reckoning a lot
I still don't know why

Fonzie
01-17-2017, 04:32 AM
I finished the story mode on GTA5 over the weekend.

Tried out assassins creed 3 because it was free. Might stick with it or go back to Middle Earth:Shadow of Mordor.

run2pee
01-22-2017, 11:34 AM
Finally cleared 1-1 boletarian palace

Got to the giant spider in 2-1 (man the 1st laughing official with the fireballs, after the savage attack, in the dark, by 3 hell hounds, gave me a lot of trouble until I realized I didn't need to slay him to progress) but that spider is kicking my everlovng ass with hurtled boulders, webs, and fire

Terrified at the bell ringing ocutopus head fellows in the prison tower, and their swift lightning storms

F this game is intimidating ... never have I been so terrified of each new foe ... it's like a survival horror sometimes

FlamingGlobes
01-24-2017, 04:55 PM
Woke to a phone call at 6:00 am that work was cancelled thanks to an ice storm. Did a run-through of Sonic 2 for the first time in over a decade (I'm struggling to remember the last time I played it). Only took me an hour and a half. Still got it.

Tchocky
01-24-2017, 06:22 PM
Resident Evil VII...gonna be playing the crap out of that game for the new few days. Reviews say it's a return to form for the series (considering the utter mediocrity of RE6, the series has nowhere to go but up).

reprise85
01-25-2017, 12:38 AM
So I beat Fallout New Vegas, I was getting bored as fuck and didn't even explore everything or do the DLC. So I started a new game on very hard + hardcore mode and am going to make minimal use of companions and work on crafting more and things like that. So far it's been more fun but not all that much more challenging. We'll see I guess

This has been much better. I'm on like 38 hours or something. Not playing very much now that school started, but still a little here or there. I still have a little bit of the kicking me out of first person bug but it's way less often. I've been using one companion only, who is a melee fighter. I've got 100 lockpick, sneak, and guns and have been putting points into other stuff like medicine and repair somewhat evenly; I've avoiding putting too much in speech, as this makes the game too easy imo, when you can just talk anyone into anything you want. I wouldn't call it 'hard' even though i'm in hardcore mode on very hard difficulty, but it's much harder than my first run though. energy weapons are way overpowered and have abundant ammo from the beginning. using guns has been harder for sure. sniper rifle is pretty fun, i've been using that and a powerful pistol and the riot shotgun for the serious enemies. i've also been playing a bit more evil but it's extremely hard to have any alignment besides 'very good' once you get more than like 20 hours into the game, since just killing some factions that are auto-hostile towards you gives you positive karma. i haven't actually gone into new vegas yet, i'm staying out for the time being because i know certain things happen once you go that i don't want to happen yet. plenty to do outside of it. i'm level 20 or 21 or something. also been using a ton of chems. it's pretty annoying how easy it is to get rid of addictions though, and radiation for that matter. it's trivial, and is from the very start. why did they make this game so easy anyway

run2pee
01-26-2017, 04:07 PM
I feel your pain reprise

Been playing Mario 3ds land and it's waaaaaaaay too easy. I'm halfway thru world 6 of 8 with FIFTYSIX lives. And if I die more than 2 or 3 times in a level, the game gives me an invincibility power-up. Apparently there's a "special" harder mode accessible after I beat this one, but sheesh

I like my Mario experience to be like "ooooh OOOOOP! (whew) OH GOD!! OH NO OH NO OH NO (gee whiz!) mmmmm WOAH WOAH OH GOD NO!!! (yay I did it, wow!)" etc

FlamingGlobes
01-26-2017, 07:40 PM
Yeah, Nintendo has really softened the edges on their games as of late. It makes them a lot less enjoyable/replayable for me.

Try Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. It'll put hair on your chest.

run2pee
01-27-2017, 11:42 AM
Dipped a toe back into far cry 3

Man the playable character is such an insufferable bro. Even his "hup" when I press the jump button pisses me off, somehow. Also, the "good" guys say the same, inane things whenever I see them "this is ALL me" "you've got the bullets, no reason to be afraid" "wonder what she's cooking right now"

Other than those complaints, it's still a blast causing open world mayhem of all kinds

reprise85
01-27-2017, 09:07 PM
so i decided to start on of the DLCs and I made a big mistake, took guns with rare-ish ammo with me (i could find plenty around the wasteland but it's tough in the DLC) and I am now constantly fighting to not run out of ammo. I have no unarmed/melee skills. i might have to go to an old save before i started the DLC. i was only able to find one other gun that has somewhat more common ammo but the gun is weak. i should have brought something with .357 or .44 i'm dying here i've been using my sniper rifle as a regular gun

run2pee
01-27-2017, 09:14 PM
lol sounds like the difficulty went from 0 to 60, thanx Bethesda

reprise85
01-27-2017, 09:17 PM
more like from 10 to 50 but yeah, really just a miscalc on my part. my best guns have semi-rare ammo (12.7mm pistol and SMG and 12 gauge riot shotgun) and you can't find thousands and thousands of rounds like 9mm but i didn't realize i wouldn't be able to find almost any in this DLC. on hardcore mode ammo has weight so i wasn't just carrying around all the ammo i had, wouldn't have helped much anyway without a gun

run2pee
01-27-2017, 09:20 PM
Haven't played but reminds me of encountering ridiculous difficulty fluctuations in oblivion; probably has to do with how I don't ever level "properly"

run2pee
01-27-2017, 09:24 PM
Back to this softy Mario I've been playing

I'm also playing demons Souls for the 1st time. Struck me that playing original NES Mario 1, as a kid, in world 8 with maybe 3 lives, was the exact same edge-of-seat do-or-die euphoria that the Souls game nails so hard

Would b cool to have that feeling in world 8 again, instead of "aw gee look heres an invincibility leaf, you get back out there, you can do it, you're the coolest!"

reprise85
01-27-2017, 09:48 PM
:)

redbreegull
01-27-2017, 10:22 PM
still playing Skyrim. I'm now level 43.

I decided to side with the Imperials in the war. I know they are occupiers, but the Stormcloaks talk like Trump supporters (heard one literally say make skyrim great again) and they are racist af. Don't give a shit about anyone except their own white supremacist asses. guess what asswipes it doesn't even fucking matter who was here first, you aren't the only ones who matter, and also you fucking wiped out the elves who lived in skyrim before you. I will relish the moment I put a blade through ulfric stormcloak

buzzard
01-27-2017, 10:34 PM
Trump was in charge of coming up with the White-Gold Concordat's color scheme.

redbreegull
01-27-2017, 10:38 PM
also these morons think throwing the weakened Empire out is going to make them free to worship their man-god? The Dominion will just sweep in and crush them. what a bunch of racist fucking fools

run2pee
03-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Hey what's everyone playing? Got Donkey Kong Country Returns on the 3DS, making everyone in the waiting room at the doctor jealous. Or waiting for my cheesesteaks, only wish I could play as Diddy

Anyone snag a switch for that fucken omg that sexy Zelda? Waiting for killtrocity to tell us just how good is it

Trotskilicious
03-04-2017, 10:44 PM
i play heroes of the storm sometimes, mostly nothing right now. i try to start up a new game of pillars of eternity and get bored, i try to start a new game of crusader kings 2 and just click around the map

in my haitus i played

bioshock infinite and lordy that game is overrated and about a subtle as a skyhook to the jugular. i stopped when elizabeth gets her sexy bad girl look its so goddamn predictable and goof troop level gamer "art" its so bad. so fucking bad. so juvenile and gamery. Its just "games as art" in a nutshell, not only do you not read you also never watch any good movies and your idea of great narrative is grand theft auto. its a really trashy game with very little to say and a big chip on its shoulder
stellaris which is a paradox game so its slow and time consuming and ultimately you kind of wonder if you're even doing anything but pressing buttons in the correct order. alien race building and stuff is cool and there's lots of posibilities for fun aspects to gameplay & roleplaying but they aren't there yet
football manager 14 is really fun until you start to feel that its actually scripted and you could be doing literally anything and you'd still just manage to barely do what you wanted to do
endless legend is a civ skin that's more fun & unique than civ has been in at least 3 versions but its still ultimately just a skin and basically what civ becomes is selecting from a menu & minmaxing to win and that gets boring
divinity original sin has a story that made my face freeze from cringing, it was pretty and seemed like the combat would be fun but i just couldn't get over how badly it was written i am like not even a pro writer and i've never finished a d&d campaign but i guarantee you i could write better than THAT
europa universalis 4 is confusing, labyrinthine and ultimately feels like a button pressing game with a map attached (see: stellaris)
crusader kings 2 can actually create some pretty hilarious gameplay situations but is slow and long and sometimes just kind of hard to figure out with all the changes
overwatch is fun but i can't understand how people play it ranked or for hours on end
darkest dungeon is fun if you just think of it as an unbeatable infinite grinder but its kind of dumb they think i wanna finish it tho. probably the best game on this list tho
pillars of eternity has a great world and an interesting take on fantasy but at the same time its hilariously low-fi to the point of being inefficient and kinda goofy. the load screens go on forever and they even use really low fi 3 d modled graphics for the load screen and it looks bad/dumb and i can't figure out why they didn't just use paintings or something. then again this is a "pausable real time" strategy game like baldur's gate and dragon age and that gameplay mechanic is bad in the first place. it only exists because an executive told people to make baldur's gate play more like diablo, even though it was using a license for a turn-based system, d&d 2nd ed.

I don't think i can enjoy anything anymore

Fonzie
03-04-2017, 11:55 PM
Went back to Dragon Age 3. I also have Dishonored 2 lined up at some point.

LaBelle
03-05-2017, 06:31 AM
Heard there's a new Zelda out... and I wanna play it.

smashingjj
03-05-2017, 08:52 AM
Resident Evil VII...gonna be playing the crap out of that game for the new few days. Reviews say it's a return to form for the series (considering the utter mediocrity of RE6, the series has nowhere to go but up).

i also started playing this. it's next level shit if you ask me. people were already warning me about needing a diaper when you play that game and i'm kind of used to it being a bit gory but this takes it to a new level :erm:

needless to say, awesome so far

My girlfriend also gave me a ps2 for my birthday and I bought resident evil 4 a.o.

MyOneAndOnly
03-05-2017, 11:37 AM
waiting for Nintedo Classic to come down in price and it looks like that'll never happen. Just read Nintendo won't be manufacturing any more of them. I'm betting that in the Fall they sell a similar Super NES system.

Last year I was actually looking at buying a Retron 5, but once the Classic came out it seemed like a much cheaper alternative, especially since i wouldn't have to buy any games for the Classic.

toase
03-05-2017, 11:58 AM
My brother in law will bring a Switch next week
So excited

MyOneAndOnly
03-05-2017, 12:56 PM
ppl selling new in box Switches on Craigslist here for $600.

run2pee
03-05-2017, 07:44 PM
My brother in law will bring a Switch next week
So excited

Holy shit you gotta tell us all about the Zelda pls

LaBelle
03-06-2017, 08:56 AM
Is the Zelda game not for the WiiU?

Le confused.

toase
03-06-2017, 10:45 AM
both consoles

Tchocky
03-06-2017, 04:23 PM
Considering how well the NES Classic is selling I find it hard to believe that Dorktendo would just up and drop it. I haven't seen any articles corroborating them dropping it.

I am hoping for an SNES Classic, for sure.

Shadaloo
03-07-2017, 02:01 PM
I sold off a bunch of crap collecting dust and like the consumer whore I am sprung for a Switch and Zelda.

Trying to say this without hyperbole but this actually might be one of the best games ever made.

I don't want to be at work right now; I want to be home playing this. Bringing it out in portable mode doesn't do it justice. Needs to be experienced in front of a large TV. The world and environment is beautiful, the fights are a fun challenge. When you die - and you die often - you never feel like it's unfair; it's because you fucked up and didn't think things through.

There's a ton of ways to approach any battle; the whole game feels limitless in what you can do. And you just want to visit everywhere and see everything at your own pace; the game never punishes you or reminds you you have better shit to do. It doesn't treat you like an idiot.

I have an irresponsible urge to shut myself away from all social and familial obligations and just marathon the fuck out of this game like I did when I was a kid. If only.

Edit: Yes, it's on the Wii U as well. And miraculously, my Switch seems to be free of the myriad issues plaguing a lot of the consoles out there like dead pixels, joycon desynchs, etc.

run2pee
03-07-2017, 02:05 PM
I sold off a bunch of crap collecting dust and like the consumer whore I am sprung for a Switch and Zelda.

Trying to say this without hyperbole but this actually might be one of the best games ever made.

I don't want to be at work right now; I want to be home playing this. Bringing it out in portable mode doesn't do it justice. Needs to be experienced in front of a large TV. The world and environment is beautiful, the fights are a fun challenge. When you die - and you die often - you never feel like it's unfair; it's because you fucked up and didn't think things through.

There's a ton of ways to approach any battle; the whole game feels limitless in what you can do. And you just want to visit everywhere and see everything at your own pace; the game never punishes you or reminds you you have better shit to do. It doesn't treat you like an idiot.

I have an irresponsible urge to shut myself away from all social and familial obligations and just marathon the fuck out of this game like I did when I was a kid. If only.

Edit: Yes, it's on the Wii U as well. And miraculously, my Switch seems to be free of the myriad issues plaguing a lot of the consoles out there like dead pixels, joycon desynchs, etc.

Wow...gee whiz!

Gosh, I wasn't planning to get anymore video games for awhile since I got a mighty backlog of PS3 games, but I'm salivating so hard for that zelda

Zeldas been my fave shit since I was a kid, I can still remember gushing to my mom about the ghost kid in link to the past, and how it was the 1st game to make me feel strong emotions and stuff

Trotskilicious
03-07-2017, 02:32 PM
FUCK NINTENDO ayy

run2pee
03-07-2017, 04:56 PM
But trots I thought you were a final fantasy man? Telling me u never played ffiii (snes)?

Trotskilicious
03-07-2017, 05:19 PM
i'm not a "final fantasy man" whatever that means, those games are profoundly overrated, usually unplayably bad (10, 12) or features nonsense story (7, 8) and there's maybe 2 that are good

run2pee
03-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Oh, ok

Just thought you mighta played the fuck outta some final fantasy once, that's all

Trotskilicious
03-07-2017, 05:21 PM
yes but its not part of my identity & i don't treat it like a sacred cow

i just wish to distance myself as far from final fantasy fanboys as possible, because its one of the lowest forms of fandom

Fonzie
03-08-2017, 01:29 AM
Lower than hanging out waiting for Bolly to get good again?

Anyway, PC master race. Controllers are too hard from my small brain. Mouse/keyboard is all I can cope with.

qwerty sp
03-08-2017, 02:03 AM
:)

Trotskilicious
03-08-2017, 02:06 AM
Lower than hanging out waiting for Bolly to get good again?

thats more of a delusion

Trotskilicious
03-08-2017, 02:07 AM
i'm just fucking around and talking trash by the way please don't take any of that seriously

Fonzie
03-08-2017, 02:20 AM
thats more of a delusion

Fuk yeah.

Past is the past. Bringing it back to vidyagames, golden age of gaming is now. Any time I try to play something retro, I'm invariably disappointed.

LaBelle
03-08-2017, 07:42 AM
I like them old games. Finally finished the first Super Mario Bros this year.

Shadaloo
03-08-2017, 12:13 PM
The past, like now, is a mixed bag. There've always been good games and shit games. I appreciate a lot of older ones for their simplicity, there's something refreshing about that.

But I recognize limitations where I see them. I'm pretty big into Mortal Kombat, and while MKII is my lifelong favorite of the series, I'm not going to sit here and lie to myself pretending it's objectively better than the last two.

toase
03-08-2017, 12:49 PM

:smoke:

reprise85
03-08-2017, 12:59 PM
i started a new fallout new vegas game where i'm going to be an unarmed specialist and an absolute bastard. already had a bunch of new content from taking the 'bad' side in the first conflict

Fonzie
03-08-2017, 01:39 PM
I don't have enough time to play new games let alone replay old games...

reprise85
03-08-2017, 03:23 PM
i dont even play video games i just play fallout new vegas

buzzard
03-08-2017, 07:32 PM
I, too, returned to New Vegas.

As it turns out, it's reprise85 that pulls the strings.

reprise85
03-08-2017, 09:30 PM
i ate mr house for breakfast

buzzard
03-08-2017, 09:54 PM
I have disconnected and allowed him to live on in a sort of solitary stasis, playing the NCR and Legion against each other as I circle the robotic wagons.

He may be dead, I guess. It's not as if I'll occasionally check in on how his day is going.

Disco King
03-17-2017, 05:51 PM
Just purchased the Rocksteady Arkham trilogy yesterday. I had already played and 100%ed the first one, and then purchased the second one, but never got a chance to play it before I ended up losing a bunch of my stuff, and I never got around to replacing that 360.

I ended up winning an Xbox One at a staff party a couple of years ago, but because Microsoft is shit for backward compatibility, until recently, it meant that I couldn't get back to playing muh Arkham games. When the latest one came out on the newest systems, I still didn't buy it because I'm weird and a completionist and I want to play all the games in order, even though there's no real point of insisting upon (I also didn't buy it because I never buy new releases because I don't like games enough to justify dropping eighty fucking dollars on one; I have no problem waiting until they are, like, $20 or something).

I just happened to be at the mall yesterday and saw that they were selling used copies of the first and second games remastered for the One, as well as the latest game, for pretty cheap, so I bought them. Origins wasn't remastered for the new system, but maybe I'll get around to buying another 360 by the time I get around to finishing Arkham City.

I also purchased that Telltale Batman game.

Game store employees can probably tell that I'm not really a gamer when I come in and only buy Batman stuff. I don't know enough about games to select them upon anything other than brand recognition.

Disco King
03-17-2017, 05:55 PM
I really loved Arkham Asylum when I played it, but the aesthetic design wasn't really my thing (bulky roid Batman, grungy text, etc). I dunno, I've always liked the more streamlined comic-book artists (Jack Kirby, Bruce Timm, Darwynn Cooke, Chris Samnee, Steve Rude, Michael Cho, Kevin Nowlan Mike Mignola, etc.), so it'd be cool to have another Batman game in that style.

I guess we already got that with stuff like Batman: Vengeance (underrated game, BTW), but, like, do that again but with modern graphics.

Elphenor
03-17-2017, 05:57 PM
Felt like the series never topped the 1st one

Disco King
03-17-2017, 06:05 PM
It's the only one I've played, so it's the only one I can really comment on.

A lot of people like the second one and it looks like it expands a lot on the first.

From what I've heard, Origins doesn't really expand a lot on the mechanics or game play of City, it's just kinda the same game with a different story (Although, is that always a bad thing? Sometimes if something is good, you just want more of it).

And I hear Knight has the opposite problem: putting a lot of emphasis on the new Batmobile aspect of the game play apparently took away from more than it added to the game.

I guess I'll be seeing if I feel the same way in the near future, Probably won't really start playing this stuff until the summer hits (which means that if it's all shit, I won't be able to return any of it).

freshfacedyouth
03-17-2017, 06:09 PM
And I hear Knight has the opposite problem: putting a lot of emphasis on the new Batmobile aspect of the game play apparently took away from more than it added to the game.

don't listen to the people who say that. the batmobile rocks

Disco King
03-17-2017, 06:10 PM
Also, what's with the whole

<div id="spoiler" style="display:none">"HEY GUYS WE CREATED A BRAND NEW VILLAIN FOR THE GAME IT'S SOMETHING YOU'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE IT'LL BE FULL OF SURPRISES BECAUSE INSTEAD OF USING AN OLD VILLAIN YOU'VE ALREADY SEEN IN COMICS OR THE MOVIES WE'VE CREATED A UNIQUE CHALLENGE FOR BATMAN FROM SCRATCH."

"N-NUH UH, IT'S NOT JASON TODD. IT'S SOMEBODY DIFFERENT. IT'S A NEW GUY. WE JUST MADE HIM. HIS NAME IS ARKHAM KNIGHT."

"OKAY, SO HE IS JASON TODD AND THIS IS LITERALLY JUST THAT SHITTY RED HOOD STORY AND WE COULD HAD JUST CALLED HIM RED HOOD BUT WE WANTED TO SURPRISE YOU WITH THE FACT THAT WE'RE DOING THIS OLD SHITTY BATMAN STORY AGAIN"</div>
<button title="Click to show/hide content" type="button" onclick="if(document.getElementById('spoiler') .style.display=='none') {document.getElementById('spoiler') .style.display=''}else{document.getElementById('sp oiler') .style.display='none'}">Show/hide</button>
thing?

Disco King
03-17-2017, 06:13 PM
don't listen to the people who say that. the batmobile rocks

I sure hope so. The past video games that let you use the Batmobile (Vengeance and Begins) were both a little limited, even if there were fun aspects to it. Making the use of it a lot less linear is probably something I'll find fun.

Speaking of Batman Begins, even though Arkham Asylum is the superior game, there are some things I miss about the fear mechanic in Begins. Like, instead scaring the shit out of mooks wasn't always about drawing from the same toolbox in every level, some levels would have unique tasks. Like, you have to go around sabotaging the supports of this structure and then make the whole thing topple and when everyone is freaking out, you can jump down and beat them up. Or you have to go around turning on these gas stoves and then use a spark to set the place on fire.

At the same time, Begins was too linear, in that you had to perform those sets of actions to progress in the level. Some combination of the fear tactics in both games would be really cool.

Tchocky
03-17-2017, 11:46 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/W2EZZVW7jjQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tchocky
03-18-2017, 01:24 PM
Pre-loading Mass Effect Andromeda today.

Unfortunately, early buzz on the game is mixed. Apparently planet scanning is more tedious than ever and the writing isn't up to Bioware's usual standards. Environments and combat are supposed to be solid though.

TuralyonW3
03-18-2017, 01:38 PM

Unfortunately, early buzz on the game is mixed. Apparently planet scanning is more tedious than ever and the writing isn't up to Bioware's usual standards. Environments and combat are supposed to be solid though.

Yeah people are shitting on the first ten hours. I really hope it's good, I adore the original trilogy. I even like the end of 3 that people hate.

Tchocky
03-18-2017, 02:05 PM
If it's gonna be a 44GB pre-load with a forthcoming Day One patch, it'd better be at least passable.

They've been working on this game for five damn years, for crying out loud. You'd think with all that development time, it'd be damn near perfect...

:erm:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/Daikatanabox.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0e/DukeNukemForever.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5a/FF_XV_cover_art.jpg/250px-FF_XV_cover_art.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/GNRchinesedemocracy.jpg

:eyesp:

FlamingGlobes
03-18-2017, 02:49 PM
I sure hope so. The past video games that let you use the Batmobile (Vengeance and Begins) were both a little limited, even if there were fun aspects to it. Making the use of it a lot less linear is probably something I'll find fun.

Speaking of Batman Begins, even though Arkham Asylum is the superior game, there are some things I miss about the fear mechanic in Begins. Like, instead scaring the shit out of mooks wasn't always about drawing from the same toolbox in every level, some levels would have unique tasks. Like, you have to go around sabotaging the supports of this structure and then make the whole thing topple and when everyone is freaking out, you can jump down and beat them up. Or you have to go around turning on these gas stoves and then use a spark to set the place on fire.

At the same time, Begins was too linear, in that you had to perform those sets of actions to progress in the level. Some combination of the fear tactics in both games would be really cool.

Wooow. Haven't thought about the Begins game in a looong time. I had a lot of fun with that one, though I'm not so sure it would hold up. I remember really enjoying the bits with the Batmobile.

Fun fact: I was playing a lot of Enter The Matrix around the same time. Games sure have changed, huh? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

toase
03-18-2017, 10:40 PM
If it's gonna be a 44GB pre-load with a forthcoming Day One patch, it'd better be at least passable.

They've been working on this game for five damn years, for crying out loud. You'd think with all that development time, it'd be damn near perfect...

:erm:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/82/Daikatanabox.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0e/DukeNukemForever.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/5a/FF_XV_cover_art.jpg/250px-FF_XV_cover_art.jpg

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/GNRchinesedemocracy.jpg

:eyesp:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-conversation="none" data-lang="pt"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/Ids5kuOq7q">pic.twitter.com/Ids5kuOq7q</a></p>&mdash; Nibel (@Nibellion) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/842303004116172800">16 de março de 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Trotskilicious
03-18-2017, 10:43 PM

mass effect sucks & bioware has low standards

Trotskilicious
03-18-2017, 10:45 PM
idk how people played dragon age origins and thought "this is good"

if i would have played that game before mass effect 3 i would have been "yah no this game was destined to suck a bunch"

the good stuff about baldur's gate was done by people who don't work for the company anymore, same with me 1 & 2...idk why this company has so much brand loyalty its like being attached to miramax or something

Trotskilicious
03-18-2017, 10:48 PM
DAO was the first time I ever encountered a role playing game where the entire cast was almost entirely unlikable, cliched or boring and this was only saved by Shale but thats a DLC character

Trotskilicious
03-18-2017, 10:49 PM
although i will say that one of bioware's signatures is the whiny love interest weakboy/psychotherapy subject which is a terrific legacy to have

anomen, kaiden alenko, alistair. just a stellar series of characters.

Tchocky
03-19-2017, 02:20 AM
Never liked DAO. Played it for a few hours and it just didn't jam with me. Give me Skyrim (bugs and all) and The Witcher 3 over DAO.

Unfortunately, Trots is right about the vast majority of the personnel that made Bioware great are gone now.

P.S. That animation was downright embarrassing. So does everyone in ME:A walk around like they're doing the robot then? God, this game is gonna be brutal.

Tchocky
03-19-2017, 02:25 AM
It seems like Bioware is doubling-down on everything wrong with the first Mass Effect game with this new game. Like, the fuck??

qwerty sp
03-19-2017, 02:44 AM
I got a new gaming rig so I can run Pac-Man at thirty frames

run2pee
03-19-2017, 10:01 AM
I got a new gaming rig so I can run Pac-Man at thirty frames

Lol big spender here

toase
03-19-2017, 12:25 PM
I'll get there someday

reprise85
03-19-2017, 07:09 PM
trots i took your mod suggestions for FO:NV and am enjoying them. i had to turn the blur one down a bit though, it was ultra-blurry

Trotskilicious
03-19-2017, 07:56 PM
blur? like i guess the dynavision?

reprise85
03-19-2017, 10:25 PM
yes, makes the background a bit out of focus compared to what you're looking at

i also took the wacky world perk or whatever when i started a new game playing as an unarmed evil person

Trotskilicious
03-23-2017, 12:22 PM
instead of trash effect andromeda i decided to go indie on my PC and picked up FTL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lQ4FRcu_bjs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

which is ultimately the same game only more interesting & without the CW dawson's creek teenage vampire diaries level soap opera writing

this is why pc is bettar btw, i can run 16 bit indie games

Tchocky
03-23-2017, 04:05 PM
this is why pc is bettar btw, i can run 16 bit indie games

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2n_BinoS1Ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trotskilicious
03-23-2017, 04:54 PM
yeah that was a few years ago

run2pee
03-24-2017, 03:31 PM
Playing chrono trig on the 3ds when I can't sleep, forgot how ungodly amazing the music is in this bitch

Tappin for battles is way more fun too

freshfacedyouth
03-24-2017, 07:49 PM
friend got a nintendo switch today and wouldn't stop shoving it in everyone's fucking face

for some reason he walked about 10 miles to a target to buy it at 7 am this morning while it was raining. yesterday morning he tried a gamestop

it was cool to see it in action but i couldn't stop wondering why he would do that and i'm worried for the next few weeks he's gonna be like "look guys, i brought the party!" every time my friends and i hang with him. i know for sure the rest of us aren't purchasing one, at least not any time soon

FlamingGlobes
03-24-2017, 08:46 PM
I have never and would never buy a gaming system upon launch. Always give it at least six months for them to work out the bugs.

Disco King
03-24-2017, 08:50 PM
I don't even buy video games new. I cannot justify spending $ fucking 80 (that's supposed to read as "eighty fucking dollars") on a video game. I wait until they are in the discount bin for $20.

It's a bit of a wait, but since I'm not much of a gamer in the first place, it's not like I'm just dying to play them as I wait for the price to come down. I kinda forget about them until I happen to check out the video-game store and look at the bin and go, "oh yeah, that's the game I wanted to play."

run2pee
03-25-2017, 09:44 AM
I don't even buy video games new. I cannot justify spending $ fucking 80 (that's supposed to read as "eighty fucking dollars") on a video game. I wait until they are in the discount bin for $20.

It's a bit of a wait, but since I'm not much of a gamer in the first place, it's not like I'm just dying to play them as I wait for the price to come down. I kinda forget about them until I happen to check out the video-game store and look at the bin and go, "oh yeah, that's the game I wanted to play."

Yeah man I just now bought i kickass slim PS3 with a ton of storage and two games for like 175$, and I get like 3 packs of their greates tits for like $20, like, I mean, yep

Sure I'm 10-15 years behind and no one ever invades my demon souls, but it's the only way to justify it for me, can't pay the brand new prices

Trotskilicious
03-25-2017, 04:41 PM
discount bin

lmao the what?

Trotskilicious
03-25-2017, 04:42 PM
do they still sell video gaems at the local general store

Trotskilicious
03-25-2017, 04:43 PM
friend got a nintendo switch today and wouldn't stop shoving it in everyone's fucking face

the only people who care are nintendo losers the rest of us are like wow great piece of consumer shit nice good for you for having cash to blow on something profoundly stupid and unnecessary that you won't play in 3 months

Trotskilicious
03-25-2017, 04:44 PM
i mean i'm sorry but fuck nintendo fanboys who think "shoving" consumer electronics in people's faces is some kind of thing to do. must be some tech industry fucker that has tons of disposable income & nothing but nerds at the office that wear teeshirts with jokes referencing 8 bit NES games

all of you should be shot by firing squad and buried in a shallow grave

Trotskilicious
03-25-2017, 04:47 PM
if i had the power i'd buy all the switches in the world and then put them on a rocketship and shoot them into empty space

run2pee
03-26-2017, 12:26 PM

for some reason he walked about 10 miles to a target to buy it at 7 am this morning while it was raining. yesterday morning he tried a gamestop

it was cool to see it in action but i couldn't stop wondering why he would do that and i'm worried for the next few weeks he's gonna be like "look guys, i brought the party!" every time my friends and i hang with him. i know for sure the rest of us aren't purchasing one, at least not any time soon

Steal it and mail it to trotskilicious so he can at least hit one with a hammer even if he doesn't have a rocket ship license, yet

run2pee
03-26-2017, 12:30 PM
There's a lot of content on the internet about how satisfying the "clicks" are when you slide the JOY-cons into their holsters or to the tablet thing

Really I'm only interested to play breath of the wild b/c i've been a zelda goon since age 8 or 9, making maps of the first one, bombing every wall, torching every bush etc, the actual concept of the switch isn't a big draw for me (i got a 3DS and a PS3 and don't need them to date or have sex or become slowly like each other over the course of a long/fulfilling marriage) and the controls look kinda uncomfortable

And there aren't even any games other than the mini-games (which i hear is overpriced) and ... zelda

run2pee
03-26-2017, 12:38 PM
Also did yall hear that nintendo/zelda related porn searches on youpron spiked like 250% during the launch week of the switch

Cause sometimes you have to put the controller down and take a porn break!

Tchocky
03-26-2017, 01:01 PM
do they still sell video gaems at the local general store

This made me think of the hole-in-the-wall secondhand movie and game shop in my area. You can find some oddball gaming shit there. They had a near-mint condition Magnavox Odyssey II a few months ago. They have new games and everything too, and they pay substantially more for secondhand stuff than Gamestop ever did.

Tchocky
03-26-2017, 01:06 PM
i mean i'm sorry but fuck nintendo fanboys who think "shoving" consumer electronics in people's faces is some kind of thing to do. must be some tech industry fucker that has tons of disposable income & nothing but nerds at the office that wear teeshirts with jokes referencing 8 bit NES games

all of you should be shot by firing squad and buried in a shallow grave

https://youtu.be/JWUbDIPELQA?t=16s

Elphenor
03-26-2017, 05:24 PM
Yeah those "hole in the wall places" are great

I was friends with an owner of one that also was like a computer gaming cafe, he was such a self aggrandizing asshole but anyway

one of the things he would do is test games that were traded in and if they were broken he'd go trade them into Gamestop and then use the trade in to buy product for his store from them

Trotskilicious
03-26-2017, 05:38 PM
austin has a bunch of hipster collector shops now. one is called game over which i think is perfectly stupid name for a game store. PRESS START maybe you fuckin gimboids

toase
03-29-2017, 11:35 PM
I started playing GTAV

I don't understand the hype thus far

Trotskilicious
03-30-2017, 01:36 AM
you mean mainstream advertising has led you wrong? who could have known

Tchocky
03-30-2017, 02:20 AM
Signed up for the Quake Champions closed beta. Might be neat.

Prey is the next game on my list. Will hopefully fill my need for a fun FPS RPG...I need to find one to fill the void until the remake of System Shock comes out.

run2pee
03-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Anyone try Bravely Default on 3DS? It received hyperbolic reviews suggesting Square had finally delivered a grand, traditional jrpg to rival those of yore, which got me mad hard to play it b/c I'm an eternal FFiii/chrono trig fan

But...it just hasn't wow'ed me yet. Graphics/music are great, but the story's kinda thin and the characters and the voice acting strike me as kinda boring and silly. Did I just grow outta this genre? What's going on?

TuralyonW3
03-30-2017, 02:34 PM
Anyone play Mass Effect Andromeda?

Shadaloo
03-30-2017, 05:50 PM
Anyone try Bravely Default on 3DS? It received hyperbolic reviews suggesting Square had finally delivered a grand, traditional jrpg to rival those of yore, which got me mad hard to play it b/c I'm an eternal FFiii/chrono trig fan

But...it just hasn't wow'ed me yet. Graphics/music are great, but the story's kinda thin and the characters and the voice acting strike me as kinda boring and silly. Did I just grow outta this genre? What's going on?

My man. FFIII/VI and CT are my desert island games for sure. But that's probably what happened, or you overplayed them like I did. It's hard for me now to go back and revisit a lot of stuff. I think I went through CT like fifteen times.

I remember hearing that in order to get the best ending in BD, you had to go through the last dungeon five times or some shit. Totally put me off of playing the game.

qwerty sp
03-30-2017, 06:32 PM
austin has a bunch of hipster collector shops now. one is called game over which i think is perfectly stupid name for a game store. PRESS START maybe you fuckin gimboids

Yeah that's a great name

FlamingGlobes
03-30-2017, 07:04 PM
I started playing GTAV

I don't understand the hype thus far

The story mode is pretty lame. The whole joy of that game is going online and just fucking other people's shit up. It took me about 2 and a half years to get sick of it, and yet I still log on a few times a month out of habit.

TuralyonW3
04-01-2017, 08:21 PM
IGN gave Persona 5 a 9.7, calling it the new gold standard for JRPGs

Tchocky
04-13-2017, 07:51 PM
Considering how well the NES Classic is selling I find it hard to believe that Dorktendo would just up and drop it. I haven't seen any articles corroborating them dropping it.

Welp...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/13/nintendo-discontinues-the-nes-classic-edition

Guess it was too popular. This thing was like a myth. It supposedly exists but I've never actually SEEN one.

slunken
04-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Been looking for a flat crt tv to play ps2 on. Had some bulky piece of thing that I couldn't stand having in my apt.

Will gladly downgrade to 24" flat from 36" bulky

redbreegull
04-13-2017, 08:17 PM
The story mode is pretty lame. The whole joy of that game is going online and just fucking other people's shit up. It took me about 2 and a half years to get sick of it, and yet I still log on a few times a month out of habit.

I thought the missions were pretty fun in GTA V, better than GTA IV for sure. The story and the characters are fucking stupid and badly done though. I don't give a shit about online gaming, but it took me a long time to get bored of just exploring the map and fucking shit up. The planes are pretty fun

toase
04-14-2017, 05:24 PM
Sounds fun, will try the online mode

I'm only waiting for my new memory arrive

toase
04-17-2017, 07:47 PM
memory arrived today

game is the same, I guess I need to do something else I still haven't googled about it

run2pee
04-21-2017, 04:27 PM
Hey breeg? You play the shit outta gta iv right? Can u share some tips to get better at driving? I was ace at car chases and vehicular assasinations of all kind in San Andreas but I absolutely suck at driving all cars in iv, and it's infuriating. Chased fucken Lyle Rivas for like 20 minutes the other nite thru four or five different neighborhoods before finally ice his ass on like fifth try. It's not supposed to be this hard is it?

Trotskilicious
04-21-2017, 04:27 PM
is this the only place on the internet where nobody plays overwatch or

toase
04-22-2017, 12:27 AM
I am digging GTA now that I am past the first missions

I think it's more fun on the controller

Trotskilicious
04-22-2017, 12:28 AM
you were judging a game before you even played 20 minutes of it?

LaBelle
04-22-2017, 11:12 AM
I started playing the sims 4.
If any netphorians want to exist in my world, just ask.

Tchocky
04-24-2017, 10:19 AM
is this the only place on the internet where nobody plays overwatch or

I enjoy Overwatch.

Tchocky
04-24-2017, 10:25 AM
del

Elphenor
04-24-2017, 04:01 PM
NA League of Legends finals were amazing this year came down to the last game in the series and where as you expect the teams to play conservatively with so much on the line they were throwing haymakers, game was a bloodbath

My fav team lost though so I'm bummed, so close

I'm convinced they were the better team it's just they made a mistake and veteran teams punish small mistakes brutally

Elphenor
04-24-2017, 06:14 PM
Much more exciting than football

Trotskilicious
04-24-2017, 07:12 PM
that shit is fucking lame dude

i think the worst aspect is that it seems to reward nothing but bad behavior, being obnoxious, self absorbed, or arrogant is "fan fave" kind of shit, i think everyone under 24 should be sterilized at this point

Elphenor
04-24-2017, 07:16 PM
You don't see really any of that in pro play

The occasional spam laugh

I think Riot wouldn't allow BMing beyond that

redbreegull
04-24-2017, 07:35 PM
I slew Ulfric Stormcloak's sorry ass and sent his band of whining white supremacist fanatic babies packing for the hills. I also killed Emperor Titus Mede II. Next I am going to purge Skyrim of every last Thalmor. Big changes on the way Tamriel.

redbreegull
04-26-2017, 03:03 PM
Look, the Empire is corrupt and oppressive and deeply flawed. They are still better than the alternative. It's like would you rather Afghanistan have a corrupt US puppet government or be ruled by the Taliban?

The whole conflict didn't even make sense. The Empire outlawed Talos worship because they had no other choice than to keep fighting a war they were going to lose. And if the Aldmeri took direct control of Skyrim, what do you think would happen to all those Talos worshipers? Things would be much worse. I feel for the Nords and believe they should be able to practice their religion, but I have no sympathy for the Stormcloaks, who were just an ethno-nationalist terrorist group. In his own city, Ulfric had non-humans living in a fucking ghetto. His entire movement was a sham cover for his super racist agenda of purifying skyrim of non-Nords

I killed the Emperor because I do think the Empire needs a change of leadership and vision badly, and under a new regime and with the Dragonborn on their side, new possibilities may open into dealing with the Aldmeri.

Trotskilicious
04-26-2017, 07:55 PM
anyone surprised that poots is one of those guys who likes to roleplay fantasy racism

buzzard
04-26-2017, 08:20 PM
The White-Gold Concordat brought about a pretty blatant breach of rights that would be protected in our world by Article 9 of the European Convention on Human Rights, not to mention its intrusions upon that proffered by Article 14.

The key is colorblindness. Imagine waking in the early 1960s to find yourself sharing a wagon with Martin Luther King Jr. and his cohorts, on your merry way to a series of executions provided for the lot of you without trial. Imagine further that you played Morrowind as a Nord and still wince at the memory of all the scowls and being constantly referred to as an n'wah.

When you realize that the Nords are a downtrodden minority of Tamriel, you'll see that you effectively got behind a burqa ban and more.

Trotskilicious
04-26-2017, 09:53 PM
i didn't pay attention to any of that stuff really to be honest with you i was sooooo high and looking at pretty trees

come to think of it i rarely pay much attention to fantasy stories these days its all the same bullshit in a new skin

game of thrones is allegorical metafiction

redbreegull
04-27-2017, 03:23 AM
if allegorical metafiction is a euphemism for "it fucking sucks," I agree

redbreegull
04-27-2017, 03:25 AM
The White-Gold Concordat brought about a pretty blatant breach of rights that would be protected in our world by Article 9 of the European Convention on Human Rights, not to mention its intrusions upon that proffered by Article 14.

The key is colorblindness. Imagine waking in the early 1960s to find yourself sharing a wagon with Martin Luther King Jr. and his cohorts, on your merry way to a series of executions provided for the lot of you without trial. Imagine further that you played Morrowind as a Nord and still wince at the memory of all the scowls and being constantly referred to as an n'wah.

When you realize that the Nords are a downtrodden minority of Tamriel, you'll see that you effectively got behind a burqa ban and more.

the Taliban also see themselves as freedom fighters

and your plan for dealing with the Aldmeri?

buzzard
04-27-2017, 04:22 AM
Kill them all.

They can pace outside the gates of Sovngarde with all the insufficiently grateful vagabonds I've murdered.

Shallowed
04-27-2017, 09:17 AM
Downloaded Grand Theft Auto III on a whim. GTA is fuckin hard, and extremely unforgiving.

Trotskilicious
04-27-2017, 07:39 PM
if allegorical metafiction is a euphemism for "it fucking sucks," I agree

you fucking like taylor swiff unironically

run2pee
04-27-2017, 07:47 PM
Downloaded Grand Theft Auto III on a whim. GTA is fuckin hard, and extremely unforgiving.

I too suck fux @ gta

Breeg won't even give me any driving tips for iv

redbreegull
04-27-2017, 08:06 PM
you fucking like taylor swiff unironically

she is queen

when I first liked her it was ironically, but she is actually amazing

BlissedandGone2
04-27-2017, 08:20 PM
There's a lot of content on the internet about how satisfying the "clicks" are when you slide the JOY-cons into their holsters or to the tablet thing

Really I'm only interested to play breath of the wild b/c i've been a zelda goon since age 8 or 9, making maps of the first one, bombing every wall, torching every bush etc, the actual concept of the switch isn't a big draw for me (i got a 3DS and a PS3 and don't need them to date or have sex or become slowly like each other over the course of a long/fulfilling marriage) and the controls look kinda uncomfortable

And there aren't even any games other than the mini-games (which i hear is overpriced) and ... zelda

the new zelda game really is incredible. not exaggerating, it's probably the most fun i've had playing a video game since i was a little kid.

whether or not that justifies buying a $300 console + accessories and shit... probably not, but i ended up doing it anyways. the only enjoyment i've gotten out of the actual system itself is that it's now in the arsenal for things to do on long plane rides. That all said, once I decide to actually finish the game, i'm sure i'll regret this whole thing.

redbreegull
04-27-2017, 08:28 PM
I too suck fux @ gta

Breeg won't even give me any driving tips for iv

The driving physics in GTA IV make more sense than V which a lot of people thought made the game hard and frustrating to play but personally I liked them and was initially disappointed at what they did with V.

For IV, the best trick IMO is to master the handbrake, which is pretty sensitive and really takes a lot of practice to get good at, but once you learn to use it you can pull off some truly impressive automotive choreography. Many are the times I have ditched overwhelming swarms of squad cars and even aircraft on the mean streets of Alderney and Broker by doing an absolutely sick drift around a tight corner or around other vehicles in heavy traffic.

Also get some nice cars and park them at your apartments. there are a number of worthwhile sports cars in the game, but they are sometimes hard to find. When you come across a nice car, save it and don't take it on missions where it could get destroyed. Similar cars will spawn when you are driving it, so try to grab a newly spawned version and leave your saved one to repeat this later. Best cars IMO are the Sultan RS, the Futo GT, the Feltzer, and the SuperGT. If you like muscle cars, get a Sabre Turbo

buzzard
04-27-2017, 08:33 PM
when I first liked her it was ironically, but she is actually amazing

Have you ever checked to see whether your favorite tracks have co-writers in common?

I mean, it may turn out that you're a huge fan of Max Martin, Shellback, or even Jack Antonoff.

redbreegull
04-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Have you ever checked to see whether your favorite tracks have co-writers in common?

I mean, it may turn out that you're a huge fan of Max Martin, Shellback, or even Jack Antonoff.

I don't really have favorites, they are all my favorites. Max Martin is some kind of song wizard though.

redbreegull
04-27-2017, 08:38 PM
Also some of her best songs don't have co-writers

Trotskilicious
04-27-2017, 09:09 PM
she's basically a princess

Trotskilicious
04-27-2017, 09:10 PM
and i mean to say she's an ivanka, a gwenyth. chelsea clinton is the nerd friend who does their homework.

like dude come on how are you even still "she's basically amazing" after the way she got punked by kim kardashian, do you just not pay attention to swift's history of making up lies about other people for attention?

bourgeoisie layabout!!!

redbreegull
04-27-2017, 09:33 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/150819-taylor-swift-hot-sass-snotty-g-Ngy8.gif

https://i.giphy.com/OnQNT1DklTZfi.gif

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/04/15/6359635039392238002099020336_tumblr_ndpb6phugP1qew k2uo1_500.gif

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-O6g9kPhH5WA/WN92OXtNGBI/AAAAAAABQxY/NjXRIVRfESwySHaV8RulPGhF1_e1oSBTACJoC/w506-h750/post-60861-taylor-swift-eating-strawberry-yvEJ.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lU6qUxzfXFTso8/giphy-downsized-large.gif

buzzard
04-27-2017, 09:58 PM
The thing where she very publicly befriends emerging celebrities and would-be competitors is a pretty decent strategy that keeps her name cropping up in the press.

run2pee
05-08-2017, 10:33 AM
The remaster of majoras mask for 3ds is jaw dropping. Might be my fave zelda at this point (haven't played breath of the switch or several of the handheld zeldas tho)

That delicious urgency of trying to figure a puzzle deep in the bowels of some awful rotting swamp temple whilst the gravity from the rapidly descending moonmonster cause the whole world to shudder and break apart ... it's pretty special

Shadaloo
05-11-2017, 04:11 PM
Friend of mine who works for WB has a copy of Injustice 2 ready for me tonight, 5 days before release. Hated the first one, but this looks to be an improvement and has a better cast so I'll give it a shot.

Tchocky
05-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Looks like MKX with DC characters, which isn't a knock, as I love MKX. I probably won't buy it right away though...I want it for PC and yeah...MKX PC and Arkham Knight PC at launch...broken, broken, broken.

LaBelle
05-12-2017, 12:53 AM
My sister's boyfriend got a Nintendo Switch this week.
I saw them playing the new Zelda here and there and oh god that game looks amazing.

reprise85
05-12-2017, 12:57 AM
i started playing fallout 3, it's fun so far but aint no new vegas

teh b0lly!!1
05-12-2017, 04:40 AM
i'm surprised time and time again to find out reprise plays video games

i mean not that it's bad obviously, rep, you just don't seem like the type. kind of an unlikely combination

qwerty sp
05-12-2017, 04:57 AM

i mean not that it's bad obviously, rep, you just don't seem like the type. kind of an unlikely combination

Jerk

Kidding

reprise85
05-12-2017, 05:02 AM

i mostly only play them when i'm on vacation, like this week. and basically i only play fallout. i only started two decembers ago i think. i logged like 300 hours on fallout new vegas

qwerty sp
05-12-2017, 06:25 AM
I'm going to buy a new gaming rig so I can play Mafia 1 at thirty frames a second

TuralyonW3
05-12-2017, 06:36 AM

What is this 1993

TuralyonW3
05-12-2017, 06:37 AM
I fucking wish I had time to play video games so I could play Persona 5 :cry:

run2pee
05-12-2017, 09:07 AM
Shinbone Megaman tensionhead iv is, as we friekin speak, speeding it's way thru the mail to fill the tiny eager slot of my 3ds

Never played a persona game b4 what the f am I in for

LaBelle
05-12-2017, 09:24 AM
Persona is similar to Shin Megami Tensei, except in a school setting. You have a schedule to keep, classes to attend and friendships to develop.

Persona 4 might be my favorite game ever.

TuralyonW3
05-12-2017, 09:48 AM
5 is supposed to be the best one yet, like the Skyrim of the series

LaBelle
05-12-2017, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I can't wait to play it. Unfortunately I got no access to a ps4 currently.

toase
05-15-2017, 01:52 AM
Started playing Dragon Age Inquisition again (my pc couldn't handle it in 2014) and it's great

toase
06-03-2017, 11:54 PM
Just finished the game, I know I've spent 3 weeks playing this and there are 166 registered hours but still it feels like the game was too short

Now I want the Real Ending DLC, but it's so expensive, fuck EA

smashingjj
06-04-2017, 12:06 AM
resident evil 7.

I'm too dumb for it, I keep getting stuck and keep needing youtube/google to offer solutions. Now I'm stuck at a point where I can't seem to find a solution.

My life is SO HARD!!!

LaBelle
06-04-2017, 07:47 AM
Gah i'm dying to play Resident Evil 7 but have no way to do so atm :(

run2pee
06-04-2017, 05:03 PM
Hey labelle im hooked on shinmegtens iv it's so addictive never have I ever played battles so fun and hard and exciting and fusing demons is so weird n cool n tapping with the stylus to move around fixed backgrounds of towns is so old school rpg yet fun and tactile cause of the touch screen and yeah

run2pee
06-04-2017, 05:05 PM
I think 3ds might be my fave console now, it's got such deep n lustrous library especially when you holy shit all the ds games speaking of which they're all like half price and cheap af now so recently picked up contact and world ends with you and lunar knights and bowsers inside story somebody stop me pls I'm on a role can't stop thebeat

slunken
06-04-2017, 05:33 PM
I bought a PS2 and a bunch of games a while back, and have subsequently acquired 3 CRT tvs for free and then threw them away 4 days later.

I can't handle the hardware in my house. PS2 looks like garbage on a modern TV.

ohnoitsbonnie
06-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Poots didn't actually do that but if he did then he (and his children) deserve the exposure to lead and cadmium it for being stupid and not using google

LaBelle
06-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Hey labelle im hooked on shinmegtens iv it's so addictive never have I ever played battles so fun and hard and exciting and fusing demons is so weird n cool n tapping with the stylus to move around fixed backgrounds of towns is so old school rpg yet fun and tactile cause of the touch screen and yeah

:2thumbsup

Glad you enjoy it! Persona is even better imo, tho unfortunately it's not available on the 3ds :(