View Full Version : adult halloween party themes?

SuckSuckStyle
10-08-2012, 09:08 AM
so i'm on the planning party committee at my job planning the halloween bash and my boss wants something adult themed- knowing her it should involve sex in some form.

last year they did a murder mystery and she said it was 'too high school'

so far we've thought of maybe a torture chamber theme...playing games and the losers get whipped and shit. handcuffs..

scavenger hunt

fear factor...

any ideas. i suck at this stuff.

Sonic Johnny
10-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Real adults don't have themed Halloween parties

ohnoitsbonnie
10-08-2012, 09:35 AM
meth

Eulogy
10-08-2012, 09:41 AM
uhhh what is your job?

SuckSuckStyle
10-08-2012, 09:56 AM
i work at an artsy queer-owned hostel that also serves as a performance space

yo soy el mejor
10-08-2012, 09:57 AM
cold day in hell.

Eulogy
10-08-2012, 10:08 AM
i work at an artsy queer-owned hostel that also serves as a performance space

that sounds fun. would everyone be comfortable in a bdsm torture chamber though?

SuckSuckStyle
10-08-2012, 10:25 AM
yeah it's super fun. i get paid to hang out and drink soda.

and yeah i think most people would be cool with it. i mean we're not trying to draw blood but slightly naughty fun in costume would be chill, i think. the vibe here is really open and lax and i think they're looking for something like that

kelsome
10-10-2012, 03:00 AM
fetish factory

SuckSuckStyle
10-10-2012, 03:13 AM
oooh good one

T&T
10-10-2012, 03:40 AM
make it 80's themed. only old people will remember what it was actually like

Trotskilicious
10-10-2012, 01:00 PM

this

Eulogy
10-10-2012, 01:02 PM
i don't think i've ever had a good halloween costume

: (

well tom and i went as ace and gary one year and that went ok but it wasn't exactly the most original thing. the execution was pretty good though.

Trotskilicious
who is ace and gary

Eulogy
two of the other good ones that year were a price is right contestant and a way-too-real looking zoltar.

Eulogy
10-10-2012, 01:03 PM
who is ace and gary

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZEAYcR8w_tE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trotskilicious
10-10-2012, 01:03 PM
i'm wearing a suit and if anyone asks me who i am i'm going to say "an adult."

Trotskilicious
10-10-2012, 01:05 PM
i was going to go to leonard cohen on halloween which would have been great because i can't imagine that LC's primarily geriatric audience is going to dress up in dumb costumes to see him perform but that sold out and i'm going Nov. 1st instead with my parents which is cool since they're the ones who really exposed me to leonard cohen from a young age and it's probably his last tour

Eulogy
10-10-2012, 01:06 PM
i was thinking about doing one of these:

http://digitaldudz.com/

but i dunno. that's just ripping off someone else's good idea. and i gotta make sure i get the shirt in time and i can never pull the trigger on things like this. and i'd like to spend less than that on a costume, tbh.

slunken
10-10-2012, 01:14 PM
lol duct-taping my phone to my chest/t-shirt on halloween sounds like a remarkable idea

Eulogy
10-10-2012, 01:24 PM
i don't see what the big deal would be

null123
10-10-2012, 04:30 PM
I really want to make a Tron costume for Halloween just because it'd be neat looking

reprise85
10-10-2012, 04:32 PM

party pooper

Trotskilicious
10-10-2012, 05:25 PM
halloween is for children, i mean i understand our generation is collectively unwilling to let go of childhood but this is ridiculous

Tchocky
10-10-2012, 07:45 PM
Dress in a red spandex bodysuit, tape some tampons on you and ride around on a bike. Presto, you're a menstrual cycle.

Tchocky
10-10-2012, 07:47 PM
A great costume idea if you're pregnant:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/262952_585234275138_698264618_n.jpg

redbreegull
10-10-2012, 08:00 PM
halloween is for children, i mean i understand our generation is collectively unwilling to let go of childhood but this is ridiculous

bitter old man speaking. people can have fun however they want, who gives a fuck if adults want to party in costumes

D.
10-10-2012, 08:11 PM
Had a pretty cool Halloween party last year. No one came as anything original or anything. I was Michael Myers, for instance.

This year the kid is going to be EDIT: Curious George

D.
10-10-2012, 08:13 PM
This is ridiculous by the way. It's a lot of fun to decorate and make sugar cookies in the shape of things, etc. The weather, connected with the general spirit of Halloween, is one of the best things about life.

It's magical. :smoke:

Tchocky
10-10-2012, 08:14 PM

Funny, Halloween usually sucked for me until I was technically an adult.

Tchocky
10-10-2012, 08:18 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/halloween/header.jpg

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/halloween/infants.png

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/halloween/children.png

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/halloween/teenagers.png

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/halloween/young_adults.png

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/halloween/adults.png

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/comics/halloween/seniors.png

D.
10-10-2012, 08:20 PM
EAT YOUR FUCKING RAISINS THEY'LL MAKE YOU REGULAR

:rofl:

sppunk
10-10-2012, 08:23 PM
We often throw a Servus! Oktoberfest party. This year a friend is bringing a cotton candy machine and funnel cake machine. No costumes but there is always lots of alcohol and lots of stuff for the kids.

reprise85
10-10-2012, 09:30 PM
people can have fun however they want, who gives a fuck if adults want to party in costumes

agree

null123
10-10-2012, 09:58 PM
pretty sure human adults have been dressing up as characters for fun for a couple millenia now

noyen
10-10-2012, 10:43 PM
i was going to reply to this but decided not to.

everyday is halloween, man. put on your mask and go to work. there, we got deep. shit, fuckers.

theme suggestion: ABORTION, FISTING, WATERSPORTS AND ANAL SEX.

HI ZACH! holy shit.

Trotskilicious
10-10-2012, 11:02 PM
why do some motherfuckers need to pick apart what i say like they're gonna teach me something

D.
10-10-2012, 11:07 PM
:mad: IT'S MAGICAL :mad:

Trotskilicious
10-10-2012, 11:08 PM
nah you're cool you just were like happy smiley faces the other guy is like YOUR A TARRAPLE PERSON!!!!!!!

edit: come to think of it d was talking about how it is for children quite literally

noyen
10-10-2012, 11:12 PM
nah you're cool you just were like happy smiley faces the other guy is like YOUR A TARRAPLE PERSON!!!!!!!

this place hasn't changed. there is always someone there to counter an argument, statement, feeling or thought.

PEOPLE HAVE BEEN WEARING CLOTHES SINCE THE DAWN OF MANKIND YOU FUCKING IDIOT. IM PRETTY SURE I KNOW FUCKING EVERYTHING!

Trotskilicious
10-10-2012, 11:18 PM
i'm pretty sure we've been oppressing women since the beginning of time too what is your point

noyen
10-10-2012, 11:21 PM
who's point?

Trotskilicious
10-10-2012, 11:26 PM
not yours !

redbreegull
10-10-2012, 11:34 PM
I try to stay away from that "things have always been this way there must be something to it" Burkian conservative nonsense. bad argument

but it's like just stop being such a negative nancy all the time for no reason, why would you possibly care if grown people like halloween parties

Trotskilicious
10-10-2012, 11:34 PM
blah blah blah blah blah don't care

Eulogy
10-11-2012, 12:01 AM
i'm pretty sure we've been oppressing women since the beginning of time too what is your point

i think in addition to being nicer (which you are doing and i am also trying to do, and i appreciate your example), you should also try to remember that some people enjoy things that you might not enjoy.

as others have pointed out, halloween for adults is waaaayyyy more fun than halloween for kids. for all kinds of reasons. and if you don't care about those reasons, then fine. but no need to shit on other people for enjoying it.

noyen
10-11-2012, 12:11 AM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/gGVqEDk9YpE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/gGVqEDk9YpE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

SuckSuckStyle
10-11-2012, 12:25 AM
i was going to reply to this but decided not to.

everyday is halloween, man. put on your mask and go to work. there, we got deep. shit, fuckers.

theme suggestion: ABORTION, FISTING, WATERSPORTS AND ANAL SEX.

HI ZACH! holy shit.

haaaiiii!!!

yeah so this party is gonna be dope. we're renting out a space, food, bar, etc. 5th year running and it's one of the biggest things they do all year. they just need a theme as way to tie everything together (deco, games, costumes...). makes it easier to plan.

i dont care who thinks its lame to hallo-party when you're an adult. it beats sitting home passing out candy grumbling to yourself about how everyone is dumb.

last year i was a bunny and i macked on a sister wife all night. then i got punched in the face. good times.

noyen
10-11-2012, 12:34 AM
i just want to get high and get jerked off by a stranger in a mask. i want to be the straight guy at a queer party. that would be good times.

for your theme, i have no idea. what kind of culture are they exposed to over there as far as "popular" western things like tv themes, or cartoon characters or everyone dress up as barn yard animals or as a character from a TLC reality series. the decoration and games seem self explanatory for halloween and all. black. orange. bobbing for crack balls...

SuckSuckStyle
10-11-2012, 12:45 AM
i just want to get high and get jerked off by a stranger in a mask. i want to be the straight guy at a queer party. that would be good times.

for your theme, i have no idea. what kind of culture are they exposed to over there as far as "popular" western things like tv themes, or cartoon characters or everyone dress up as barn yard animals or as a character from a TLC reality series. the decoration and games seem self explanatory for halloween and all. black. orange. bobbing for crack balls...

mostly just the major movie stuff. no tv shows or anything. but halloween is actually fairly new over here so they're more into the "scary/spooky" side of the holiday. i don't think they've advanced to the "ironic/clever" costume stage yet. i tried explaining some the kind of things we do back home and nobody was impressed. they're just like "that's not scary". so i think it's going be more of a traditional spooky halloween+booze+gay sex

SuckSuckStyle
10-11-2012, 12:46 AM
i just want to get high and get jerked off by a stranger in a mask

this is my goal

redbreegull
10-11-2012, 12:47 AM
does anyone have any cool plans for halloween

noyen
10-11-2012, 12:47 AM
this is my goal

i take bookings for parties. will travel, have passport.

SuckSuckStyle
10-11-2012, 12:51 AM
i take bookings for parties. will travel, have passport.

i'll put it on the expense account

Eulogy
10-11-2012, 01:20 AM
does anyone have any cool plans for halloween

nah, not really. just trying to figure out a costume for a party. : /

this is where i'm always at. blaahhhh.

duovamp
10-11-2012, 09:19 AM
How about Jerry Sandusky's Haunted Mystery Mansion for a theme?

duovamp
10-11-2012, 09:19 AM
rape jokes

Trotskilicious
10-11-2012, 01:53 PM
i think in addition to being nicer (which you are doing and i am also trying to do, and i appreciate your example), you should also try to remember that some people enjoy things that you might not enjoy.

as others have pointed out, halloween for adults is waaaayyyy more fun than halloween for kids. for all kinds of reasons. and if you don't care about those reasons, then fine. but no need to shit on other people for enjoying it.

oh so i'm just supposed to not say anything at all about what i think so you can continue to enjoy your little drunk costume party "holiday"

slunken
10-11-2012, 02:15 PM
i don't see what the big deal would be

using a $200+ dollar device improperly to perform the function of $2 worth of LED lights?

not to mention the battery wearing down. not to mention receiving calls and or texts. the list of cons is endless compared to the pros.

duovamp
10-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Oh so I'm not supposed to walk up to you and tell you that you're an idiot for buying that brand of food or an idiot for voting for that guy or an asshole for liking that religion or tell you to shut up about your feelings on something personal? WELL THEN HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSED TO LIVE?! THIS BEING NICE THING IS FUCKING SHIT. IT'S ALL GODDAMN SHIT!

:noway:

duovamp
10-11-2012, 02:21 PM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/gGVqEDk9YpE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/gGVqEDk9YpE?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Also this song is super fucking catchy.

Trotskilicious
10-11-2012, 02:31 PM
i hate how sensitive a lot of you are that you have to be complimented and coddled all the time and act like if someone doesn't like what you like it's some kind of personal flaw on their part.

the metaphor of "walking up to someone on the street" is stupid and invalid.

Eulogy
10-11-2012, 02:32 PM
using a $200+ dollar device improperly to perform the function of $2 worth of LED lights?

not to mention the battery wearing down. not to mention receiving calls and or texts. the list of cons is endless compared to the pros.

I'm good at not breaking phones. If you can show me how to do that with LED lights ill do that. And I'm going to be at a party. I don't need to make or take calls and texts.

Eulogy
10-11-2012, 02:34 PM
i hate how sensitive a lot of you are that you have to be complimented and coddled all the time and act like if someone doesn't like what you like it's some kind of personal flaw on their part.

the metaphor of "walking up to someone on the street" is stupid and invalid.

Your biggest problem here is waltzing into threads bout things you dislike or don't care about and shitting on people for enjoying them.

This is apparently something you cannot avoid. Everyone else seems to manage though.

Trotskilicious
10-11-2012, 02:34 PM
you guys are saying what you think but i can't say what i think because it bothers you

yeah that seems fair!

Eulogy
10-11-2012, 02:35 PM
you guys are saying what you think but i can't say what i think because it bothers you

yeah that seems fair!

It says a lot that that's how you see it.

Trotskilicious
10-11-2012, 02:37 PM
yeah that's pretty much the basic problem i have with most of you and most of everyone that there's absolutely nothing but positivity sunshine happy faces all the time and if anyone thinks differently they should be shunned, mocked and marginalized

duovamp
10-11-2012, 02:38 PM
i hate how sensitive a lot of you are

Word. And I hate how sensitive the bitches on Netphoria are. So what if I wanna get up to my nuts in a slut's guts? Don't have to go all radfem on me.

Eulogy
10-11-2012, 02:40 PM
yeah that's pretty much the basic problem i have with most of you and most of everyone that there's absolutely nothing but positivity sunshine happy faces all the time and if anyone thinks differently they should be shunned, mocked and marginalized

You're missing the point entirely. And you will continue to so I'll leave it there.

Trotskilicious
10-11-2012, 02:42 PM
the point that you can't enjoy halloween because i don't like it anymore and think it's for juveniles?

redbreegull
10-11-2012, 06:35 PM

yeah that seems fair!

you always feel the same way about everything and you remind everyone of their obnoxious as hell fifteen year old selves

Trotskilicious
10-12-2012, 01:47 AM
wilco sucks and so do you

SuckSuckStyle
10-13-2012, 11:24 AM
awww trots is cranky. poor thing.

I LOVE MY LIFE.

SuckSuckStyle
10-13-2012, 11:25 AM
your neg reps make me laugh btw. talk about juvenile. get a grip, dude.

duovamp
10-13-2012, 01:04 PM
ITT Trotskilicious tries to come to terms with other people's feelings possibly being more important than his own

duovamp
10-13-2012, 01:08 PM
My wife got all mad at me and stuff for telling he she had shitty taste in tacos. Said something about it making her feel bad. Well maybe she should get better taste in tacos and understand I'm not going to censor how I feel!