View Full Version : Learn from yesterday

IAMTHEDOORWAY
10-02-2012, 12:06 AM
Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love.

EyesOfAJackal
10-02-2012, 04:38 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xGYtX0ijrK0/UFPbWRRiNgI/AAAAAAAA0ak/tCzLHfAriuQ/s1600/6a00d8341c9cc153ef0120a4d2f016970b-450wi.jpg

vixnix
10-02-2012, 05:24 AM
It's nice what you're trying to do here.

Right now I'm working on something more like this: have compassion for the person you were, yesterday. Don't compare yourself to others, today. Remember to breathe and look around you, tomorrow. The important thing is not to hate yourself. A very small amount of self-acceptance is sufficient to cause the birth of happiness.

Everybody's in a different place right now. Advice only works on a case by case basis I guess.

Starla
10-02-2012, 05:38 AM
My personal favorite

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

EyesOfAJackal
10-02-2012, 08:22 AM
The Nautilus of Time- Embryonal Mollusk of all choices Past, Present, and Future.

reprise85
10-02-2012, 12:58 PM
there is something to be said for being in transition, being in pain or confusion or whatever, and feeling the discomfort but also know it's just right. i've been on the tip of some real grief lately, i dont think its time to get into it more and it is super overwhelming... but i know when it is a better time... i will deal with it, and i will be a stronger and more capable person.

i used to live in my past, like literally almost every waking (and dreaming) moment i was analyzing in my mind how did these things happen, what could i have done differently, etc. now it's mostly in dreams that all of that comes up

opera de nuit
10-02-2012, 01:14 PM
there is something to be said for being in transition, being in pain or confusion or whatever, and feeling the discomfort but also know it's just right. i've been on the tip of some real grief lately, i dont think its time to get into it more and it is super overwhelming... but i know when it is a better time... i will deal with it, and i will be a stronger and more capable person.

in a similar boat, trying to accept that mentality. exhausting to keep telling myself this and trying to believe it, but it helps deal with it.

reprise85
10-02-2012, 01:20 PM
sorry to hear and congrats ;)

it feels like some of this will kill me, like physically make my heart stop or something. for me anyway, believing i'm a good person and all that goes with that is a lot harder and more emotional than thinking i'm a bad person, pathetic, evil, and all those other things that i was taught to believe. if i'm a decent person then... well... i look at kids at different ages and think of what i was doing or what was happening then in my life... they are not capable of being evil... they do not deserve to be hurt... and i guess that was me once? there's a disconnect for sure but i feel it coming together more and well like i said im kinda expecting my body to split in half or something drastic to happen, even though i kind of know logically it can't hurt me i still don't really believe it

Trotskilicious
10-02-2012, 01:40 PM
question everything

yo soy el mejor
10-02-2012, 01:54 PM
chicken soup for the generic soul.

duovamp
10-02-2012, 02:08 PM
whatever, turd breath.

slunken
10-02-2012, 02:58 PM
My personal favorite

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/_/81050161/Reverend+James+Warren+Jim+Jones+Reverend+James+War ren+Jim+Jone.jpg

Starla
10-02-2012, 04:37 PM
Did Jim Jones say that?

Starla
10-02-2012, 04:41 PM

i used to live in my past, like literally almost every waking (and dreaming) moment i was analyzing in my mind how did these things happen, what could i have done differently, etc. now it's mostly in dreams that all of that comes up

I've been going through something similar for the past 3 weeks. :(

IAMTHEDOORWAY
10-02-2012, 06:05 PM
chicken soup for the generic soul.

I'm glad your generic soul was touched enough to respond to the thread - must have hit close to home.

yo soy el mejor
10-02-2012, 06:41 PM
you're like a hallmark card, bro.

slunken
10-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Did Jim Jones say that?

it was his main motto

reprise85
10-02-2012, 10:59 PM
I've been going through something similar for the past 3 weeks. :(

:( hang in there

http://ignorantium.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/hang-in-there-baby.jpg

reprise85
10-02-2012, 11:00 PM
sometimes corny things are ok cause life is corny

killtrocity
10-02-2012, 11:03 PM
that's interesting, I've never considered life to be intrinsically corny. Pointless and cruelly ironic perhaps. Maybe if you do a lot of drugs it would be corny! Like if you're really fucking high all the time

EyesOfAJackal
10-02-2012, 11:12 PM
It's corny in the sense that conventional wisdom is frequently fairly accurate. The tricky part is turning that wisdom into action

Nimrod's Son
10-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Learn from yesterday, live for today, plan for tomorrow

I wish anyone I've ever know actually lived by that, because most people either dwell in the past, don't want to do anything today because of something in their past, or don't care about tomorrow because they're all caught up in the past

IAMTHEDOORWAY
10-04-2012, 12:22 AM
See, everyone? Nimrod has GOT IT man.

He's not being a trapeze critic or licking a fungus spoon. He does not feast on a judo warship.

reprise85
10-04-2012, 12:24 AM
Learn from yesterday, live for today, plan for tomorrow

I wish anyone I've ever know actually lived by that, because most people either dwell in the past, don't want to do anything today because of something in their past, or don't care about tomorrow because they're all caught up in the past

but psychological hangups are bullshit though