View Full Version : Attn: Trotski, Re: Titus Andronicus

D.
09-18-2012, 03:50 PM
http://cdn.pitchfork.com/news/47457/e1b4b169.jpeg

Local Business (XL)
Release date: Oct. 23
The Skinny: From the band's own website: "Titus Andronicus the studious recording project and Titus Andronicus the raucous touring machine are no longer two distinct beings; there is only Titus Andronicus, rock and roll band." Whether this is an allusion to the departure of bassist Ian Graetzer and guitarist Amy Klein or not, it's encouraging news for people who like their rock rubbed raw and their punk ragingly thoughtful defining aspects of the New Jersey-bred band from the start. Titus' heady, wordy songs, spit by frontman Patrick Stickles, are still narratively focused on their third album (and follow-up to 2010's The Monitor, but less conceptual and more "of the earth."
Worth noting: In case their literary bent was not obvious, the name Titus Andronicus traces back to a 16th-century play thought to be William Shakespeare's first tragedy. A.B.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wml8nPTMONQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dogfighter28
09-18-2012, 04:15 PM
want to like this band but stickles has no ear for melody and his voice sucks

slunken
09-19-2012, 12:48 AM
all awesome thi ngs for a punk band to harness

slunken
09-19-2012, 12:49 AM
trots what did you think of that fleetwood mac kills cover?

jeff O)))
09-19-2012, 12:50 AM
you have such a narrow musical taste dogfucker

Trotskilicious
09-19-2012, 02:37 AM
the enemy is everywhere

Trotskilicious
09-19-2012, 02:38 AM
why do you call me trotski is that some kind of sissy joke

slunken
10-21-2015, 08:56 PM
have you listened to the interviews on WTF with marc maron with patrick from titus? there was a recent one the other week but apparently there is an older one as well. meaning this was his second appearance.

Trotskilicious
10-21-2015, 10:05 PM
no, but i've heard about his press tour

i really thought this album sucked

Rider
10-22-2015, 10:28 AM
have you listened to the interviews on WTF with marc maron with patrick from titus? there was a recent one the other week but apparently there is an older one as well. meaning this was his second appearance.

It kinda feels like circus sideshow time and I'm kinda disappointed the way Merge was promoting all this stuff.

Lets parade this guy who clearly has tons of issues and just wrote an album about depression in front of the crowd and all point at him.

The whole thing has kind of an Amy Whinehouse/Kurt Cobain feel to it.

I really knew nothing about him or the band until Merge started filling my Facebook feed with this stuff for months on end.

Vriska Serket
10-22-2015, 06:22 PM
The Most Lamentable Tragedy is that a punk band who recorded something as good as The Monitor would revert to sounding like a school-aged springsteen going through a green day phase.

Trotskilicious
10-22-2015, 10:30 PM
i don't hear green day at all, i just hear the same song over and over again for 78 minutes

and patrick saying over and over gain that he lost his mind 36x

Trotskilicious
10-22-2015, 10:32 PM
It kinda feels like circus sideshow time and I'm kinda disappointed the way Merge was promoting all this stuff.

Lets parade this guy who clearly has tons of issues and just wrote an album about depression in front of the crowd and all point at him.

The whole thing has kind of an Amy Whinehouse/Kurt Cobain feel to it. .

i didn't really get that feeling, tbh i am not really worried about him beyond his eating disorder. afaik he doesn't really have drug abuse problems. he looked atrociously thin when i saw them live last month

all of his lyrics are completely 100% up front about his issues. i mean i know he has an eating disorder because he has a song called "My Eating Disorder"

slunken
10-23-2015, 09:02 AM
In the interview he mentioned being off and on various mood stabilizers. I guess he had a breakdown off of them and is now back on. Fwiw.

Rider
10-23-2015, 01:21 PM
The only interview I watched was the one he did with the guy from the Hold Steady and he was really out there in that one.

I finally figured out who he reminds me of and why I find it disturbing. He's alot like Dee Dee Ramone.

I just tried watching it again and it's been set to private for some reason.

Trotskilicious
10-23-2015, 02:39 PM
In the interview he mentioned being off and on various mood stabilizers. I guess he had a breakdown off of them and is now back on. Fwiw.

lamentable tragedy is concept album abt the breakdown

Dogfighter28
10-23-2015, 02:52 PM
he should try volunteering

slunken
10-23-2015, 04:23 PM
lamentable tragedy is concept album abt the breakdown

i gathered that, yea. i guess my point was that he is now back on meds. some combo of uppers and downers.

Trotskilicious
10-23-2015, 07:16 PM
he forgets if he felt oppressed or depressed
or which one came first in this crazy mess
if hes taken too much, or not enough
or which one is worse with this sort of stuff

slunken
10-23-2015, 08:07 PM
wow that's just like poetry

Trotskilicious
10-23-2015, 08:41 PM
cool guy sarcasm