View Full Version : Monte: how about asking Billy where in United States Jimmy misses a beat?

Reyngel
08-10-2012, 05:41 AM
Billy's been on the record of saying that United States is one of drumming's greatest accomplishments in that Jimmy played the entire 10-minute song, without a click track, and with perfect timing. But he's also claimed that there was 1, just 1, moment where Jimmy drags a single beat. I've listened to it dozens of times and can't pick it out. I'd be really curious to see where it is.

teh b0lly!!1
08-10-2012, 08:54 AM
there's a pretty good chance it's been edited by RTB to sound good

teh b0lly!!1
08-10-2012, 08:55 AM
do you really have no better things to do?

paranoid
08-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah ive been pretty interested in this as well, so duck off teh bolly.

Speaking of jimmy mistakes, listen to newer waves on the complex album, during the middle section, he screws up the consistency of 8th Notes in the hi hat... It completely stops at one point, then he does quarter notes before he gets back to the 8ths. Obviously it was his favorite take, though.

DaveKShape
08-10-2012, 12:20 PM
he doesn't miss a beat. he miscounts the measures in the "whale sounds" solo section in the middle. they didn't edit it either. if you count measures, instead of 16, the measure count is 14 (it's not actually 16 and 14... i'm just using those as an example of what i'm talking about) before they head back into the heavy section.

Reyngel
08-10-2012, 06:58 PM
he doesn't miss a beat. he miscounts the measures in the "whale sounds" solo section in the middle. they didn't edit it either. if you count measures, instead of 16, the measure count is 14 (it's not actually 16 and 14... i'm just using those as an example of what i'm talking about) before they head back into the heavy section.

Oh really? Is it during the entirety of the solo section?

What was Billy meaning then when he said there was one beat that Jimmy missed?