View Full Version : The Dark Knight Rises

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tchocky
07-19-2012, 10:50 PM
Chilling in the local IMAX waiting for it to start. Lotsa dorks dressed up like superheroes for the occasion. Let's see if it was worth the wait.

Trotskilicious
07-19-2012, 10:54 PM
you have a man crush on me don't you

Eulogy
07-19-2012, 10:54 PM
i figure i'll see it in a couple weeks when i don't have to battle for a decent seat or wait for an hour or any of that shit

duovamp
07-19-2012, 10:55 PM
Gonna be pissed if it doesn't have Batman singing "Call Me Maybe."

mxzombie
07-19-2012, 10:55 PM
who cares anyway

killtrocity
07-19-2012, 10:57 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SVW6SH2bjYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Happy Batman, everyone!

Order 66
07-19-2012, 11:06 PM
i had this weirdly realistic dream the other night that i went to see the movie but it had seth rogen as the riddler. i was like 'god this is so awful'

kinda looking forward to seeing it. ever since Begins i felt it wasnt quite as realistic and gritty as it could've been. still interesting take on batman though. looking forward to see what warner bros will do next *fingers crossed

killtrocity
07-20-2012, 12:02 AM
with an R rating, they could have been even better. blame it on money

Order 66
07-20-2012, 12:37 AM
i dont have much qualms with the pg-13ness. i just expected a little less hollywood gloss when i heard nolan would take it on, or at least with the first movie which was a bit smaller in scope.

Tchocky
07-20-2012, 03:11 AM
REVIEW TIME.

WARNING: SPOILERS (I'll try to keep them to a minimum)

A very overwhelming experience. One of the few flaws of The Dark Knight was that it was a bit too overloaded with ideas, and consequently the movie felt a bit rushed at times, despite the fairly lengthy run time. This flaw is not only carried over into this movie, but multiplied. Lots of interesting but underdeveloped plotlines in this movie, mainly concerning the League of Shadows and Bane's origin story, which is interesting, but feels a bit half-baked. It would also have been nice to see them develop the interesting political aspects of Bane's agenda in Gotham, but again, that part of the story is half-baked, and the political aspects of the movie take a backseat to Bane attempting to finish the job Ra's al-Ghul started in Batman Begins. Maybe Nolan didn't want to sound too politically preachy (after all, this is a stupid comic book movie), but regardless, developing the political aspects of Bane's plot a bit more would have made Bane a more interesting villain.

The movie also suffers from a glut of new characters, which made the storyline (at first) a bit hard to follow. It does all come together (for the most part) in the final act.

Critics who've been complaining that the movie was all gloom and doom need to get their heads examined. This was probably the funniest of Nolan's Batman movies. Sure, the movie is pretty murky, but it's not the joyless slog that many critics would have you believe it is.

Christian Bale gives his best performance as Batman/Bruce Wayne yet. Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman turn in typically reliable performances. One of the best scenes in the movie is about a third of the way in between Alfred and Bruce after Bruce "comes out of retirement." Very well-acted.

Anne Hathaway was PHENOMENAL as Catwoman. Maybe not Heath Ledger as the Joker good, but pretty close. This was probably her best acting work since Rachel Getting Married. You could tell she was very excited to be in this movie; her energy level and gusto breathe a lot of life into the movie. She and Bale have great chemistry together. A pity, again, that there wasn't more time to develop her character; maybe she'll get a solo movie (it sounds like Nolan hopes she will). Can't say the same about Marion Cotillard. She feels more like a plot device than a character, and although her character has one of the biggest and most interesting twists in the movie, it is a touch predictable if you're at all familiar with the comic books. She deserves better than this relatively thankless role. (SIDE NOTE: You could tell she made this movie right after having a kid; her boobs are HUGE.)

What Tom Hardy's Bane lacks in the way of an interesting agenda, he makes up with sheer menace. (SPOILER!) He completely owns one of the best scenes in the movie; the "Break the Bat" scene, in which he seems like every bit the terrifying, physical nightmare Bane should be. But that mask...that STUPID, STUPID MASK. Couldn't they have found a way to NOT COVER UP HIS DAMN MOUTH?! asdfg;jnagonakjbadfgn. They re-dubbed parts of Bane's dialogue; probably the lines they figured people might have the hardest time understanding. Doing this, however, just makes the lines they didn't re-dub stick out like a sore thumb; I still had trouble making out what he was saying at times. Covering his mouth up was STUPID! Regardless, Hardy did a decent job in a role that handicapped his talent as an actor. Dude will win an Oscar some day; count on it.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt was solid if unspectacular as a beat cop. Matthew Modine played a weasel-y cop very well. Cillian Murphy does appear briefly as The Scarecrow, in a cameo role that I think would have been better served by Heath Ledger's Joker (a pity he's dead and all).

Despite its flaws, though, I was immensely entertained. Solid acting, great effects and action, some light bits, and an epic final battle that, though it does require a lot of suspension of disbelief, still entertains. Overall, I think I liked it better than The Avengers, which, let's face it, was basically Transformers with better writing and better actors. Doesn't top The Dark Knight (like that was ever going to happen), but a solid final act regardless.

A-

Esty
07-20-2012, 03:26 AM
Review time (no spoilers)

Not gonna waste your time making you read a bunch of bullshit

A+++++++

JokeyLoki
07-20-2012, 04:26 AM
So, 10 people dead 30 wounded at a theater in CO 'cause some asshole opened fire in the middle of the movie.

Esty
07-20-2012, 04:33 AM
Those 10 missed a great movie. Sucks.

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 09:08 AM
death to batman

Eulogy
07-20-2012, 09:28 AM
That's just really terrible. Sigh.

Toast
07-20-2012, 09:40 AM
"this 3-D version of the movie is great!! It's as if the bullets are coming straight at you!!"

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 09:48 AM
i figure i'll see it in a couple weeks when i don't have to battle for a decent seat or wait for an hour or any of that shit

I bought my Imax tickets two weeks ago. Reserved seating. no waiting in line.

Tchocky
07-20-2012, 01:33 PM
...the fuck?

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-dark-knight-shooting-20120720,0,2147749.story

:erm: :(

reprise85
07-20-2012, 01:45 PM
yeah, that's just awful :(

Caine Walker
07-20-2012, 02:03 PM
I bought my Imax tickets two weeks ago. Reserved seating. no waiting in line.

good for fucking you

yo soy el mejor
07-20-2012, 02:08 PM
^ must be eulogy. fuck.

Venom
07-20-2012, 02:24 PM
The shooter said when he was arrested that he was The Joker. =\

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 02:27 PM
good for fucking you

you're welcome

yo soy el mejor
07-20-2012, 02:27 PM

he also killed 10 people.

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 02:31 PM
71 people shot. apartment rigged with explosives and "chemical agents"

still haven't heard a single news report refer to this as "terrorism"

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 02:33 PM
because when a white "Judeo Christian" shoots 71 people and rigs a building to explode and kill a dozen cops it's just a "senseless" act.

but when a brown person or a "muslim" lights his shoes on fire it's Terrorism

god bless america!

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 02:34 PM
he also killed 10 people.

Is it not 12 dead? 10 died at the scene, 2 in hospital.

Venom
07-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Yes, 12 dead now. =(

I hope they sentence him to death... though he'll probably avoid that due to mental illness.

reprise85
07-20-2012, 03:00 PM
if he's truly mentally ill he will avoid the death penalty, and that's a good thing

JokeyLoki
07-20-2012, 03:05 PM
because when a white "Judeo Christian" shoots 71 people and rigs a building to explode and kill a dozen cops it's just a "senseless" act.

but when a brown person or a "muslim" lights his shoes on fire it's Terrorism

god bless america!

Actually I've heard and read the terms "domestic terrorism" several times this morning.

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 03:29 PM
he got his arsenal legally

people who say that concealed weapons would prevent tragedies like this are fucking retarded, just full stop

it's batman's fault, fuck batman.

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 03:33 PM
guy was wearing body armor (bullet proof) and he was carry an automatic rifle (machine gun) and at least a couple other hand guns.

any NRA nut who claims concealed carry would have stopped this is a fucking idiot. I'd like to see someone not trained (for warfare or by law enforcement), take out a guy armed like that in a crowded theater, in the dark, without killing a bystander or getting themselves killed.

Kahlo
07-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Not going to see this. It's probably as dull and overblown as the last one.

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm going tomorrow night. watched the first two again Wednesday and thursday night.

Kahlo
07-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Every fucking time

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PezlFNTGWv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 03:41 PM
he got his arsenal legally

people who say that concealed weapons would prevent tragedies like this are fucking retarded, just full stop

it's batman's fault, fuck batman.

Concealed weapons?

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 03:45 PM
yes in our country, particularly my state there's a big cause about letting people carry weapons wherever they wish to go in their coat pockets, purses, or whatever place you can stash one because it's apparently safer that way. would totally prevent this sort of thing because a man with a gun is invincible and error proof if they are "responsible" and "legal".

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 03:46 PM
and bear in mind i respect the concept of private ownership of weapons and think it's necessary

Starla
07-20-2012, 03:50 PM
Why in the hell are people taking their kids to movies like this? Didn't a baby get shot?

yo soy el mejor
07-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Why in the hell are people taking their kids to movies like this? Didn't a baby get shot?

it's not like the baby had school the next day.

no one expects to be shot in a theater. ain't nobody got time for that!

killtrocity
07-20-2012, 04:23 PM

I knew that's what he was thinking. Someone told me about the incident at work and it sounded like Joker philosophy.

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 04:24 PM
you're going off information from a guy with a stewie avatar

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 04:39 PM

I want to know wtf a 4 month old baby was doing watching Batman in a cinema at midnight. And a six year old boy was there too. wtf are these parents on?

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 04:43 PM
yes in our country, particularly my state there's a big cause about letting people carry weapons wherever they wish to go in their coat pockets, purses, or whatever place you can stash one because it's apparently safer that way. would totally prevent this sort of thing because a man with a gun is invincible and error proof if they are "responsible" and "legal".

it's likely that the perp owned all his weapons legally too

not that that's going to change a damn thing in this country. this could happen every weekend in all 50 states and it won't change a single vote in congress or on the supreme court

Starla
07-20-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't know. When I went to see dark knight, there were little ones watching it too.

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 04:45 PM
i love the moralizing about parents bringing their kids to the MIDNIGHT PREMIER OF BATMAN

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 04:46 PM
WHAT ARE YOU DOING IT'S AFTER MIDNIGHT

WHAT A TRAGEDY

SERIOUSLY CHILDREN

UP AFTER MIDNIGHT

AT A PG 13 MOVIE ABOUT A SUPAR HEARO

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 04:46 PM
my parents brought me to the opening of Star Wars in 1977. We waited outside for 6 hours to get in.

it's only now that I find out that it was child abuse.

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 04:47 PM
IF I WAS A FATHER I WOULDN'T ALLOW MY CHILD AWAKE PAST 4PM

scottytheoneand
I was abused by Darth Vader and parents

scottytheoneand
but I'm a white male now so I have the power!

Order 66
the problem isn't with conceal and carry. if everybody in that theater was armed things wouldve went down differently

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 04:49 PM
i love the moralizing about parents bringing their kids to the MIDNIGHT PREMIER OF BATMAN

It's fucking insane, man. A baby in a late night cinema showing.

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 04:50 PM
12 people are DEAD and nearly SIXTY are WOUNDED

AND IT'S CRAZY THAT SOMEONE BROUGHT A 3 YEAR OLD TO A MOVIE??

Trotskilicious
ARE YOU FUCKING MENTAL

Starla
It's not because they are up late at a movie theater, it's the content of the film. Should a six year old be watching that shit?

scottytheoneand
the problem isn't with conceal and carry. if everybody in that theater was armed things wouldve went down differently

so the answer to the fact that guns are as easy to get as candy is MORE GUNS!

the answer to stupidity must be MORE STUPID

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 04:51 PM

Yep, there'd have been 50 odd dead and 90% wounded. Meanwhile the gunman would have sneaked out the exit in his bullet proof vest...

Starla
07-20-2012, 04:51 PM
It's fucking insane, man. A baby in a late night cinema showing.

I remember going to see cabin fever and a woman forcing her two year old to sit still and be quiet while feeding him candy and soda lol..... I'm just sitting there like, wtf. I hate people sometimes.

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 04:52 PM
It's not because they are up late at a movie theater, it's the content of the film. Should a six year old be watching that shit?

Should a baby be watching that shit??

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 04:53 PM
is it legal to concealed carry in a theater in Colorado? laws vary by state. Here in Michigan you can open carry just about anywhere, and the cops aren't allowed to stop you or even question you or ask for ID. The only places you can't open carry are schools, hospitals, sporting arenas and theaters (CWPs allow you into all of those, though).

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 04:54 PM

at this point i'm against adults watching christopher nolan batman flicks

every child is pretty different and it's pg 13

it's not like they took them to Tatum Channing's Dick: The Movie

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 04:55 PM
or is it channing tatum

what the hell

JokeyLoki
07-20-2012, 04:58 PM
WHAT ARE YOU DOING IT'S AFTER MIDNIGHT

WHAT A TRAGEDY

SERIOUSLY CHILDREN

UP AFTER MIDNIGHT

AT A PG 13 MOVIE ABOUT A SUPAR HEARO

It's the fact that it's super late, and babies tend to cry a lot when they're overly tired. Little kids too.

Midnight movies usually involve standing in line for a few hours ahead of time to get a couple of seats next to each other, so there's that too.

I've got 3, I'd never subject other people (or them, until they're older) to that. Fuck that. It's inconsiderate as hell. I had 2 of the Lord of the Rings movies ruined for that crying baby bullshit.

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 04:58 PM
is it legal to concealed carry in a theater in Colorado? laws vary by state. Here in Michigan you can open carry just about anywhere, and the cops aren't allowed to stop you or even question you or ask for ID. The only places you can't open carry are schools, hospitals, sporting arenas and theaters (CWPs allow you into all of those, though).

Michigan sounds pretty fucked up.

JokeyLoki
07-20-2012, 04:59 PM
Tatum Channing's Dick: The Movie

lol

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Michigan sounds pretty fucked up.

pretty much the same as most states. people who don't own firearms don't realize that it's legal to open carry without a license.

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 05:02 PM
pretty much the same as most states. people who don't own firearms don't realize that it's legal to open carry without a license.

Are you allowed to walk about with it in your hand?

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Are you allowed to walk about with it in your hand?

it has to be be holstered. Or if it's a rifle you'd have to have it in a sling over your shoulder. The law does not allow "brandishing" of a firearm. Carrying it in your hand could be considered brandishing.

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 05:07 PM
So if it has to be holstered that means you cannot actually use it.

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 05:08 PM
oh he's figured it out

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 05:09 PM
So if it has to be holstered that means you cannot actually use it.

:noway:

use of a licensed firearm is legal for purposes of self defense or in the defense of others.

"Brandishing" would mean carrying it in your hand, waving it around or pointing it at someone without provocation or cause. The reason brandishing is illegal is that it could be construed by another armed bystander as provocation... and get you shot!

Trotskilicious
i find waving the gun around helps

Ihaguitar
Define "self defense"?

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 05:10 PM
what are you getting at here

scottytheoneand
he's just fucking with me, isn't he

scottytheoneand
nobody could be that stupid

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 05:12 PM
I'd like to know when it's appropriate to brandish the weapon and when it is not.

scottytheoneand
let's talk about states like Florida and Texas that allow you to shoot someone just because you feel suspicious about them.

In Texas it's legal to use deadly force against someone who is committing a felony. so, if you see someone robbing your neighbor's house, you can shoot them... even if they've made no threats against you

Trotskilicious
well sir depends on the color of your skin and the money for legal counsel

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 05:14 PM
let's talk about states like Florida and Texas that allow you to shoot someone just because you feel suspicious about them.

In Texas it's legal to use deadly force against someone who is committing a felony. so, if you see someone robbing your neighbor's house, you can shoot them... even if they've made no threats against you

I am aware of the fucked up Texan mentality. But I did not realise it went that far.

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 05:15 PM
I'd like to know when it's appropriate to brandish the weapon and when it is not.

here's the info for Michigan

http://miopencarry.org/moc_files/brochure.pdf

What is Brandishing?
A.G.Opinion No. 7101 February 6, 2002:
…In the absence of any reported Michigan
appellate court decisions defining
"brandishing," it is appropriate to rely upon
dictionary definitions. The term
brandishing is defined as:
“1. To wave or flourish menacingly,
as a weapon.
2. To display ostentatiously. A
menacing or defiant wave or flourish."
This definition comports with the meaning
ascribed to this term by courts of other
jurisdictions…the court recognized that in
federal sentencing guidelines,
"brandishing" a weapon is defined to mean
"that the weapon was pointed or waved
about, or displayed in a threatening
manner." Applying these definitions to
your question, it is clear that a reserve
police officer, regardless whether he or
she qualifies as a "peace officer," when
carrying a handgun in a holster in plain
view, is not waving or displaying the
firearm in a threatening manner. Thus,
such conduct does not constitute
brandishing a firearm in violation of section
234e of the Michigan Penal Code.
It is my opinion, therefore, that…by
carrying a handgun in a holster that is
in plain view, does not violate section
234e of the Michigan Penal Code, which
prohibits brandishing a firearm in
public. JENNIFER M. GRANHOLM,
Attorney General

Trotskilicious
07-20-2012, 05:16 PM
i don't have that mentality you prejudicial prick

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 05:16 PM
i don't have that mentality you prejudicial prick

lol

scottytheoneand
07-20-2012, 05:17 PM
I am aware of the fucked up Texan mentality. But I did not realise it went that far.

Guns!

Order 66
07-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Yep, there'd have been 50 odd dead and 90% wounded. Meanwhile the gunman would have sneaked out the exit in his bullet proof vest...

i'm not saying its a good thing those people got shot. i just dont see how the gunman did anything wrong

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 05:41 PM
i'm not saying its a good thing those people got shot. i just dont see how the gunman did anything wrong

Did he not shoot them?

Order 66
07-20-2012, 05:47 PM
is it not legal to carry a firearm per the 2nd amendment? case in point

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 05:50 PM
is it not legal to carry a firearm per the 2nd amendment? case in point

But he brandished it. Also he fired a tear gas canister. Is it even legal to carry a tear gas canister?

D.
07-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Like... Why are we assuming the kids in the audience were bothersome? I know its hard for netphoria not to see in black n white terms but every kid is different. It's summer, its a superhero movie, he's being good, let him see the goddamn movie.

Also, the baby... If that baby is going to sleep through the movie (because yknow babies sleep several times throughout the course of a 24 hr period, why the fuck does anyone care whether they are there or not? I don't personally begrudge parents who have no free time and they just wanna step outside their four walls once in a while.

The level of presumption concerning these kids is baffling - not just here but other articles on this shit.

Ihaguitar
07-20-2012, 05:52 PM
Like... Why are we assuming the kids in the audience were bothersome? I know its hard for netphoria not to see in black n white terms but every kid is different. It's summer, its a superhero movie, he's being good, let him see the goddamn movie.

Also, the baby... If that baby is going to sleep through the movie (because yknow babies sleep several times throughout the course of a 24 hr period, why the fuck does anyone care whether they are there or not? I don't personally begrudge parents who have no free time and they just wanna step outside their four walls once in a while.

The level of presumption concerning these kids is baffling.

Well you just presumed the baby would be quiet the whole time. Well done you.

D.
07-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Well you just presumed the baby would be quiet the whole time. Well done you.

I said "if" you goddamned mouth-breather.

D.
07-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Everyone's assuming these particular kids are just like their little jizz drops, that they must be horrifically loud kids.

HOW COULD THEY BE UP PAST MIDNIGHT ON A SUMMER NIGHT??! NEXT THING YOU KNOW WE'LL HAVE COLOREDS AT THE DRANKING FOUNTAIN

Order 66
07-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Like... Why are we assuming the kids in the audience were bothersome

kinda off topic but i cannot stand it when somebody brings their wailing baby into a theater. it really burns me up because it ruins the entire thing and i flushed $10 down the toilet. some people have sense to take the baby out until it calms down but that's rare, i guess parents are used to it and think everybody is too

same thing with restaurants and whatnot but that's more understandable

D.
07-20-2012, 06:01 PM
kinda off topic but i cannot stand it when somebody brings their wailing baby into a theater. it really burns me up because it ruins the entire thing and i flushed $10 down the toilet. some people have sense to take the baby out until it calms down but that's rare, i guess parents are used to it and think everybody is too

same thing with restaurants and whatnot but that's more understandable

Naw, you're on topic. I hate that shit, too. I will leave wherever I am before I have my kid making a spectacle. Luckily the kid is mostly good-natured but we have left eating establishments before.

Travis Meeks
07-20-2012, 06:19 PM

The level of presumption concerning these kids is baffling - not just here but other articles on this shit.

Because most kids are annoying and most babies would cry during a loud movie. It's like walking past a black fella and assuming that he's not gonna rob you, but he's probably gonna.

JokeyLoki
07-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Everyone's assuming these particular kids are just like their little jizz drops, that they must be horrifically loud kids.

HOW COULD THEY BE UP PAST MIDNIGHT ON A SUMMER NIGHT??! NEXT THING YOU KNOW WE'LL HAVE COLOREDS AT THE DRANKING FOUNTAIN

There's always a chance of it with every 3 month old ever, you know that.

D.
07-20-2012, 06:35 PM
There's always a chance of it with every 3 month old ever, you know that.

Of course there's a chance. That's why you sit near the exit and if it the kid throws a fit, you leave.

Look, I'm not saying we would do it, but we also have a ton of people to watch our kid, sometimes at the last minute. Not everyone has that luxury.

JokeyLoki
07-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Midnight isn't a requirement... Why to go for a morning matinee? A lot of parents do. Even the initial outburst is annoying to others, plus, the parent wastes their money if they have to leave. I've seen some theaters that specifically prohibit babies after a certain hour.

duovamp
07-20-2012, 07:38 PM
So... why did all these people bring their damn children? A four-year-old child was there. I've heard of at least two babies.

I expect Netphorian parents to explain this to me.

*Not blaming the victims

D.
07-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Not sure why but, looking over my posts, I was cranky today.:noway:

rottenugly
07-20-2012, 07:44 PM
When people bring their kids to a theatre, I get really angry because they make noise and whine and cry.

I was in a theatre watching Up like the first week it came out in theatres, and a special education class was there as well... I could not deal with the rackets they were making and I almost walked out.

rottenugly
07-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Luckily my parents never took me to see a movie when I was little. Never bring a child with ADHD to a movie theatre. You'll regret it dearly.

D.
07-20-2012, 07:46 PM
When people bring their kids to a theatre, I get really angry because they make noise and whine and cry.

I was in a theatre watching Up like the first week it came out in theatres, and a special education class was there as well... I could not deal with the rackets they were making and I almost walked out.
Up is a kids movie, you moron. That's like going to see the Blindside and complaining about all the soccer moms.

Tchocky
07-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Apparently the shooter booby-trapped his apartment, too.

:erm:

mercurial
07-20-2012, 09:06 PM
So surely the studio has to pull the movie now out of respect? You'd have to, wouldn't you?

Id expect the theatres will start dropping it anyway.

reprise85
07-20-2012, 09:16 PM
there's no way it will be dropped, at least not by a significant amount of theaters. the show must go on etc. just the way it is

Tchocky
07-20-2012, 09:54 PM
They did cancel the Paris premiere because of this, but I expect that's all that will happen. Too big and popular of a movie to just yank it.

TuralyonW3
07-20-2012, 09:55 PM
So surely the studio has to pull the movie now out of respect? You'd have to, wouldn't you?

there are thousands of people at every level of the film industry whose livelihoods are tied up in this film.

they did cancel the paris premiere tonight fwiw

TuralyonW3
i'll be seeing it imax 3d tomorrow. i'm fuckin ready to die whatever

TuralyonW3
http://heavenhollywood.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/ready_to_die.jpg

TuralyonW3
07-20-2012, 09:57 PM
i'm a pro gun control liberal, but if someone decides they're gonna go on a killing spree, it's gonna happen. determined perpetrators will adapt.

selfish fucking asshole, unfortunate people, fucking tragic situation

TuralyonW3
07-20-2012, 11:35 PM
oh I also heard they were pulling some if not all tv ads

mercurial
07-20-2012, 11:54 PM
They won't be announcing weekend receipts either

The Omega Concern
07-21-2012, 01:52 AM
hmmm...

AP Honors. Graduated UC Riverside in Neuroscience.

yahhh...

no MKUlTra here though. Why would I ponder that thought? I was figuring a flunky white trash gun runner type or displaced vet, but the post-grad student in Neuroscience is a new take. Almost too obvious...but I digress.

Kahlo
07-21-2012, 02:31 AM
Almost too obvious...

M E T A

Starla
07-21-2012, 03:05 AM
I think there are a lot of parents who feel that they are a good judge of what their child can handle as far as a violent film. The reality is, and the studies show that children at the age of six cannot rationalize or understand violence (when they have not grown up in a violent culture) and they process it differently. They internalize it and it frightens them. It also causes emotional distress to view violent images. I would never take my kid into a violent movie. I think it's just common sense, but I realize a lot of parents are seriously lacking in that dept too. Although I can't go into it too much, I spoke with a woman whose ex took their son into see straw dogs, and the kid (age 9) had to go in for therapy after that.

As for bringing babies into theaters, I brought a 2 month old in with me to see Return of the king. She slept almost the entire way through and as soon as she woke up, I popped the boob in her mouth before she could let out a whimper. It worked wonderfully.

Starla
07-21-2012, 03:07 AM
hmmm...

AP Honors. Graduated UC Riverside in Neuroscience.

yahhh...

no MKUlTra here though. Why would I ponder that thought? I was figuring a flunky white trash gun runner type or displaced vet, but the post-grad student in Neuroscience is a new take. Almost too obvious...but I digress.

I really think in this case, he was straight up crazy. When his mother woke up to discover all of this via the news, she called the police dept and without hesitation she told the police they had the right person. She was aware that he was sick.

Future Boy
07-21-2012, 03:13 AM
or maybe thats what they want you to think

duovamp
07-21-2012, 04:39 AM
Two words.

Mind control.

Shallowed
07-21-2012, 06:34 AM
http://i.imgur.com/MUl28.jpg

Ihaguitar
07-21-2012, 08:20 AM
Technicians made a first attempt on Friday to disarm the traps, believed to ******* explosives, but withdrew when it became clear the property was too dangerous to enter.

Federal government experts are due to arrive on Saturday for a second attempt.

Aurora police chief Dan Oates said the apartment contained "things that look like mortar rounds", adding: "I've personally never seen anything like what we've found in there."

Residents were evacuated from the building and four other premises nearby.

The guy obviously put some prep into this.

Eulogy
07-21-2012, 08:54 AM

No?

whywontyoulistn
07-21-2012, 09:37 AM
i'll be seeing it imax 3d tomorrow. i'm fuckin ready to die whatever

Have fun watching a 2D movie with those stupid glasses on.

Starla
07-21-2012, 11:39 AM
btw toc - what did you think of that prediction thread over on ats?

D.
07-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Link us, Starla! I love eerie predictions!

Future Boy
07-21-2012, 12:44 PM
yeah i dont read ats anymore, they made their layout all stupid

Starla
07-21-2012, 01:08 PM
Link us, Starla! I love eerie predictions!

I don't have the link off hand, if you go to the dark knight blood sacrifice thread on the front page it's there. lol

I guess some guy predicted it days before happened. I gotta admit it's really weird.

Starla
07-21-2012, 01:08 PM
yeah i dont read ats anymore, they made their layout all stupid

I hardly ever go there now. I usually read glp for fun.

reprise85
07-21-2012, 01:58 PM
i remember seeing some friday the 13th move at <5 and being traumatized for a while. whatever one where the first couple of murders involve a chainsaw and someone being impaled in their throat. i was at a sleepover and called my parents to take me home because of how disturbing it was to me

cool story bro

TuralyonW3
07-21-2012, 02:09 PM
Have fun watching a 2D movie with those stupid glasses on.

Oh yeah I'm just used to It being that shit

Future Boy
07-21-2012, 03:48 PM
btw toc - what did you think of that prediction thread over on ats?

i read everything posted before the shoot out, eh pretty weak stuff

TuralyonW3
07-21-2012, 08:13 PM
saw it this afternoon...

a LOT to take in...definitely looking forward to a second viewing...

TuralyonW3
07-21-2012, 08:13 PM
it's totally awesome though...

Trotskilicious
07-21-2012, 10:15 PM
foozler
7:56 PM CDT
Holmes was angry because he was unemployed.

Obama has spent trillions of federal income taxpayer money and did not get Holmes a job.

Therefore, Obama is responsible.

P.S. For those who laugh, how many of you blame everything on GWB?

Trotskilicious
07-21-2012, 10:16 PM
adj;alsdkjfasdfsadgfaSDGAWDFHADFA

Future Boy
07-21-2012, 10:17 PM
just something to think about

The Omega Concern
07-21-2012, 11:09 PM
originally posted by Starla:

I really think in this case, he was straight up crazy. When his mother woke up to discover all of this via the news, she called the police dept and without hesitation she told the police they had the right person. She was aware that he was sick.

I like to wait a bit until a news cycle or two rolls by. One of the first things was the "lone gunmen" angle which is typically news people reading a teleprompter and nothing more. But I did hear a local cop mention they weren't sure if he acted alone just yet and they were still sussing that out. There is that report of the lady saying she saw someone let him in from the back of the theater.

Leaving all that aside...

I know when some people get wrapped up in something, like Neuroscience, there is the potential to get tagged and followed.

D.
07-21-2012, 11:16 PM
But I did hear a local cop mention they weren't sure if he acted alone just yet and they were still sussing that out.

You do know that this is SOP for any crime like this, right? They aren't going to go on tv and say "we know for sure it was a lone gunman". When columbine happened, i remember the initial reports being FIVE gunmen.

Starla
07-21-2012, 11:31 PM
saw it this afternoon...

a LOT to take in...definitely looking forward to a second viewing...

I'm planning to go. I just need to make sure all of the crazy people from the back woods have already gone and the chances of my dying here are reduced.

Trotskilicious
07-21-2012, 11:38 PM
You do know that this is SOP for any crime like this, right? They aren't going to go on tv and say "we know for sure it was a lone gunman". When columbine happened, i remember the initial reports being FIVE gunmen.

those other 3 were there, they were just part of the NWO

duovamp
07-21-2012, 11:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/edQGt.png

Starla
07-21-2012, 11:45 PM
tagged and followed.

Speaking of which, going off topic..... ever heard of Theresa Duncan and Jeremy Blake?

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/01/suicides200801

Although she is dead, her blog is still up

http://theresalduncan.typepad.com/

Future Boy
07-22-2012, 12:09 AM
so how many of these type of instances before colorado turns against guns.

Future Boy
07-22-2012, 12:10 AM
or did they already, i dont follow colorado goings on

Trotskilicious
07-22-2012, 12:10 AM
what are you talking about?? more guns and less gun control is the answer not more! idiot!

Trotskilicious
07-22-2012, 12:11 AM
if everyone was armed in that theatre he would have been dead be4 he hit ther grownd hahaha i'm a gcrack shot i use an auto rifle 2 hun deer

D.
07-22-2012, 12:12 AM
MOAR GUNZ

Trotskilicious
07-22-2012, 12:13 AM
it'll be a great day in this country when we can read about shootouts that kill 20 people instead of lone gunmen killing 10 or so.

D.
07-22-2012, 12:14 AM
FUCK THE POLICE IS HOW I FEEL

Trotskilicious
07-22-2012, 12:20 AM
zimmerman is a hero this country doesn't deserve !

Future Boy
07-22-2012, 12:27 AM
Im thinking like 2.

The Omega Concern
07-22-2012, 12:59 AM
originally posted by D.:

I was referring to media cycles as it is SOP for them to run with a lone-gunmen narrative as many were already doing.

Tchocky
07-22-2012, 06:08 AM
FUCK THE POLICE IS HOW I FEEL

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1M8vei3L0L8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yo soy el mejor
07-22-2012, 07:12 AM
http://www.jordanghawi.com/denver-theatre-shooting-jessica-ghawi/

omg a 6 year old?! someone just throw the book at him already

Mooney
07-22-2012, 05:08 PM
i didn't enjoy it at all. i really liked the first one, was blown away by the second one, but the third one didn't really do anything for me. won't really go into specifics at this point.

Travis Meeks
07-22-2012, 05:41 PM
thanks for not boring us with your review Mooney

Mooney
07-22-2012, 05:46 PM
your welcome, i guess.

The Omega Concern
07-22-2012, 10:49 PM
How does an unemployed med-student afford about $15,000 worth of military grade equipment?

Did he really manufacture those booby traps and if so where did he get the training?

There's this report of a "'mind-boggling' stash of ammunition" and "three types of explosives were found - jars filled with accelerates, chemicals that would explode when mixed together and more than 30 improvised grenades." (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177156/James-Holmes-Dark-Kni...)

that's a very peculiar Neuroscience student.

reprise85
07-22-2012, 10:50 PM
it's really not hard to get credit to buy 20k worth of whatever

D.
07-22-2012, 10:51 PM

yes, he was. he attacked a movie theater full of people.

reprise85
07-22-2012, 10:52 PM
basically you can do anything if you're obsessed about it enough, how is that so hard to comprehend

Order 66
07-22-2012, 11:28 PM
its very hard. dear god you have no idea

Order 66
07-22-2012, 11:29 PM
i mean i obsess and obsess and obsess but i'm still a virgin at 32

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 08:23 AM
if you survived the shooting, would you even bother attempting to watch the movie again?

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 08:29 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KjH3ZMUks1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

we need more grandpas with guns.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 09:41 AM
they can't even drive but you want them to carry handguns.

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 10:16 AM
lots of people can't drive.

scottytheoneand
07-23-2012, 10:23 AM
LOL at the NRA idiots and their kneejerk, more guns will save us, reaction to this.

The carried an modified semi auto assault rifle (with high capacity magazines) into a dark room. He positioned himself in front of the entrance and set off a canister of some kind of smoke/gas. based on comments by vicitims in the theater, once he started in on them they couldn't even see him! If there had been one or two gun owners in that theater, they probably would have shot a bystander and not even hit him. And if they even got a body shot, he was wearing body armor!

I have no problem with handguns and hunting rifles, but there's no reason a citizen should be allowed to own high capacity clips/magazines or assault riffles like the AR-15. All of those weapons should be outlawed and possessing one should a felony.

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 10:27 AM
sure, fine. but carrying a concealed handgun for protection is smart.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 10:48 AM
LOL at the NRA idiots and their kneejerk, more guns will save us, reaction to this.

it's infinitesimally dumb i just don't even

i just hope average americans don't buy this line of mularkey, especially since this little weirdo got all his guns and kevlar and automatic weapons and rounds of ammo legally without even raising a red flag in a database

redbreegull
07-23-2012, 11:22 AM
it's infinitesimally dumb i just don't even

i just hope average americans don't buy this line of mularkey, especially since this little weirdo got all his guns and kevlar and automatic weapons and rounds of ammo legally without even raising a red flag in a database

gun culture is just way out of control in the US. Shit tons of people already believe everyone should carry a gun and that would fix the gun crime problem, despite evidence that people carrying guns are more likely to act violently, that places that legally allow people to carry guns are more likely to experience shootings, and that states with laxer gun laws have more gun crime. It's like anything else... when you believe something ideologically, it becomes this form of magical thinking which is bulletproof to evidence which contradicts those beliefs

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 11:25 AM
it's macho horseshit, every time i get into a discussion/argument with someone who is pro gun it turns into "you're a pussy/faggot/bitch" etc macho competition which i decline to participate in which makes me even more of a pacifist pussyfaggotbitch you know? it's fucking sad

i don't want macho shitheads with guns in the movie theater. should be elementary.

scottytheoneand
07-23-2012, 11:32 AM
gun owners are idiots. they're the most easily manipulated interest group in the country. During/After the 2008 elections the NRA got them so whipped up that they caused a huge surge in ammunition and gun sales...

What other industry can get people so fearful that they go out immediately and purchase a lifetime supply of that product?

idiots

redbreegull
07-23-2012, 11:35 AM
my girlfriend's dad is what I would call a "gun freak." He's all into the idea that if people don't own guns, they will never be able to stand up for themselves if/when the government becomes totalitarian. To me this is like... what the fuck, so you think people should be able to own fighter jets, tanks, missile launchers, nuclear weapons... the government has these things and could theoretically deploy them to quell a revolt if it really wanted, so should everyone be able to own them? Of fucking course not. Another argument brought to you by the 1700s

redbreegull
07-23-2012, 11:38 AM
and yeah the NRA is a fucking evil to the core organization. They are basically a lobby group in favor of vigilantism

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 11:41 AM
my girlfriend's dad is what I would call a "gun freak." He's all into the idea that if people don't own guns, they will never be able to stand up for themselves if/when the government becomes totalitarian
or at movie theaters, internet cafes, schools, libraries, malls, etc.. all places people have been killed en masse by a single gunman.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 11:42 AM
lol yo soy is in favor of guns i love it

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 11:43 AM
if only people had more guns these shootings would be shoot outs and more people would be shot!

i mean when is this country gonna get it???! MORE MORE MORE GUNS!

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 11:44 AM
i mean because you know a responsible gun owner could totally get a headshot on a guy wearing head to toe kevlar, with tear gas cannisters going off, in a dark, sold out theatre. DUH. there's no way it would turn into a confusing hail of gunfire at all, jeez r u kidding lol guns r coll

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 11:45 AM
i mean think about how rare it is for the military or the police to shoot people by accident

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 11:45 AM
i mean have you ever heard of "friendly fire"

that shit never happens!~

redbreegull
07-23-2012, 11:46 AM
or at movie theaters, internet cafes, schools, libraries, malls, etc.. all places people have been killed en masse by a single gunman.

ok but that doesn't change the fact that there is evidence garnered via the scientific method which shows that there is a positive correlation between weak gun laws and gun homicides. Or that workplaces that allow employees to carry weapons are more likely to have shootings. Or that a person carrying a gun becomes more prone to violent behavior.

We already know that people psychologically adopt roles based on contexts (thanks Zimbardo you immoral fuck). So if you arm someone, that person becomes more likely to act violently

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 11:47 AM
if only people had more guns these shootings would be shoot outs and more people would be shot!

i mean when is this country gonna get it???! MORE MORE MORE GUNS!

people who are nuts will find a way to get their hands on what they need to kill people. explosives, guns, whatever.

you want to disarm innocent people who only want to protect themselves from those crazies?

and you don't actually know that more people would be shot, do you?

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 11:48 AM
let's outlaw alcohol, fast food, cigarettes, and wet stairs while we're at it.

redbreegull
07-23-2012, 11:51 AM
people who are nuts will find a way to get their hands on what they need to kill people. explosives, guns, whatever.

you want to disarm innocent people who only want to protect themselves from those crazies?

so the solution is to put guns in more hands which will result in higher number of gun deaths (which we know based on statistics on gun accidents and homicides involving guns in states with weak gun laws) to make you feel safer

makes sense

Future Boy
07-23-2012, 11:51 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KjH3ZMUks1o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

we need more grandpas with guns.

the gun that guy had was empty and didnt work. he had dropped it inside by the point he was down on the ground outside when gramps shot at him again.

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 11:52 AM
were you there or can you tell? i can't tell.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 11:55 AM
for fucks sake, you're using logic that undermines your own position.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 11:57 AM

well for one thing this shooter got his entire arsenal legally so i'm not sure what makes you think that

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 11:59 AM
so the solution is to put guns in more hands which will result in higher number of gun deaths (which we know based on statistics on gun accidents and homicides involving guns in states with weak gun laws) to make you feel safer

makes sense

i never said guns should be handed out for protection like a condom. obviously there needs to be better gun education and maybe mandatory classes for anyone who owns one. i don't know what protocol there already is as i don't own a gun, but i do know i want the option to arm myself (with a background check, registration, classes, anything i need to use it safely and accurately).

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 12:01 PM
there is mandatory licensing for gun owners

and you know the same thing with cars and we know how excellent drivers are in this country!

and for the record i am not in favor of taking all the guns away. i don't think someone should be able to buy kevlar body suits, an ar-15, and rounds and rounds of ammo without someone in the FBI getting an e-mail, sorry. If merely threatening the president's life on the internet can get a call from the secret service then buying arsenals should get a meet & greet from the ATF/DHS/FBI, whatever.

i don't want to sit next to emotional, macho jerks in a movie theater that are packing twin glocks and ready as ever to be a "hero" by killing someone. i dunno i feel more safe having the one in a billion chance of having a mad killer jump in and shoot a bunch of people.

Future Boy
07-23-2012, 12:02 PM
were you there or can you tell? i can't tell.
is this to me? it was on liveleak when i first saw that a week ago.

scottytheoneand
07-23-2012, 12:33 PM
i never said guns should be handed out for protection like a condom. obviously there needs to be better gun education and maybe mandatory classes for anyone who owns one. i don't know what protocol there already is as i don't own a gun, but i do know i want the option to arm myself (with a background check, registration, classes, anything i need to use it safely and accurately).

you dont' own a gun. you don't know what the current regulations are. but you think more gun equal safety.

wtf?

have you ever fired an automatic or semi automatic rifle? The purpose of a "machine gun" is to fire as many rounds as possile in a short period of time. With an fully automatic gun you hold down the trigger and it doesn't stop firing until every round in the magazine is gone. All you have to do is "spray" the area you're targeting. You can get a similar impact with a Semi. A gun like the one he used can fire as fast as you can pulll the trigger. Once per second.

scottytheoneand
07-23-2012, 12:36 PM
You could double the number of people with concealed carry permits and it won't stop shit like this from happening. This guy killed 12 and wounded 59 because he had a fucking machine gun!

He is a perfect example of how the lack of regulation of arms in this country allows unstable people to kill others.

Had he NOT been able to get his hands on an AR-15 with high capacity magazines, he would not have been able to kill so many people. He would have walked into the theatre with a shotgun, which would have required a lot more time and effort to indescriminately shoot 71 human beings.

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 12:42 PM
but you think more gun equal safety.

i never said that. don't put thoughts in my head just so it can be easier for you to argue against.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 01:09 PM
what

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 01:11 PM
how is it my fault ?

how is this thread derailed by anything but a major news event?

why is my safety not of your concern ?

how is "being responsible with weapons" mean that you should be able to pack heat anywhere you go ? that sounds to me like you're necessitating irresponsibility with weapons as a matter of "public safety."

Starla
07-23-2012, 01:14 PM
After we take away guns, we need to take away

violent video games, music suggesting violence
vehicles
knives (including kitchen cutlery, garbage disposal units, blenders, and razor blades for shaving)
cigarettes and lighters
alcohol
access to gas and propane, no more gas stoves
replace all strings on clothing or other items with velcro
ban ropes, bedsheets, curtains or anything lengthy enough to strangle someone with
glass, anything made of glass so it can't be broken and used for cutting/stabbing
bath tubs or anything that can hold water, so people can't be drowned
Pillows, people can be suffocated with pillows!

World is gonna be a safer place now!

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 01:14 PM
why is "being responsible with weapons" some kind of escape hatch from the reasoning that the killer obtained his automatic rifle legally, had body armor and tear gas? what does that have to do with this at all?

some people use dynamite responsibly that doesn't mean you should be able to buy it at wal-mart.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 01:15 PM
this country is fucking hopeless, it really is.

Starla
07-23-2012, 01:20 PM
gun owners are idiots. they're the most easily manipulated interest group in the country. During/After the 2008 elections the NRA got them so whipped up that they caused a huge surge in ammunition and gun sales...

idiots

I am a responsible gun owner, who is not easily manipulated or influenced by NRA. Why don't you stop generalizing everyone. I mean, in another thread you said all single mothers were an easy lay who will do anything.

Tchocky
07-23-2012, 01:21 PM
How does an unemployed med-student afford about $15,000 worth of military grade equipment?

Did he really manufacture those booby traps and if so where did he get the training?

There's this report of a "'mind-boggling' stash of ammunition" and "three types of explosives were found - jars filled with accelerates, chemicals that would explode when mixed together and more than 30 improvised grenades." (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2177156/James-Holmes-Dark-Kni...)

http://www.naturalnews.com/036536_James_Holmes_shooting_false_flag.html

:eek:

:rolleyes:

Starla
07-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Oh I forgot, lets take away all music that influences a violent or gang culture, and replace it with the soundtrack to sound of music.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 01:25 PM
i can't tell when you're joking starla but you're engaging in a slippery slope fallacy

scottytheoneand
07-23-2012, 01:27 PM
i never said that. don't put thoughts in my head just so it can be easier for you to argue against.

if I was able to put thoughts into your head by posting on this board you have a bigger problem than understanding guns

scottytheoneand
07-23-2012, 01:28 PM
After we take away guns, we need to take away

violent video games, music suggesting violence
vehicles
knives (including kitchen cutlery, garbage disposal units, blenders, and razor blades for shaving)
cigarettes and lighters
alcohol
access to gas and propane, no more gas stoves
replace all strings on clothing or other items with velcro
ban ropes, bedsheets, curtains or anything lengthy enough to strangle someone with
glass, anything made of glass so it can't be broken and used for cutting/stabbing
bath tubs or anything that can hold water, so people can't be drowned
Pillows, people can be suffocated with pillows!

World is gonna be a safer place now!

not a valid argument. try again

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 01:28 PM
i meant 'put thoughts in my head' the same way as putting words in my mouth, ya dingus. as in you're making things up.

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 01:29 PM
more like 'i don't agree. try again.'

why should she?

scottytheoneand
I am a responsible gun owner, who is not easily manipulated or influenced by NRA. Why don't you stop generalizing everyone. I mean, in another thread you said all single mothers were an easy lay who will do anything.

your previous post supported my comment regarding gun owners being sheeple.

also, in another thread I was joking. this thread not joking.

also, i didn't say "all" single mothers were easy. just that it was a better target demographic toward which one might invest time and effort.

Trotskilicious
what is your position then, yo soy?

scottytheoneand
07-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Seriously, Starla...

I say that gun owners don't critically examine the gun industry who's Kool Aid they drink, and you come back with a tired old bunch one liners from the gun industry.

sad

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 01:35 PM
and have you critically examined the gun industry? what are your findings?

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 01:37 PM
I changed my mind, after noting how guns solve everything throughout world history i think the government should issue us all glocks.

scottytheoneand
07-23-2012, 01:37 PM
number one finding, its supporters are idiots who can't even read the fucking constitution properly

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 01:40 PM
what is your position then, yo soy?
honestly it depends on what day you catch me. i trust myself to learn to use a gun responsibly but i have no control beyond that and that's scary. i can see the points from both sides but in the end i lean a bit towards the side that allows for self-reliance when it comes to protecting myself in life or death situations. are you even against keeping a gun at home?

i'm going to target in a minute and hope i don't die.

Starla
07-23-2012, 01:41 PM
not a valid argument. try again

If this psycho would have cut up everyone with a chain saw instead of using guns, we wouldn't even be talking about guns today, we'd be talking about chain saws. He could have walked in and set off a bomb, or started a fire and blocked the doors.

You can't take away one thing used for killing, and not look at everything else that can be used as a weapon. It's ridiculous to think that taking guns away is going to stop someone from killing masses of people.

When SF implemented a hand gun ban, the crime rate went up because people got them illegally. And police are just as irresponsible and evil with their weapons too.

Starla
07-23-2012, 01:44 PM
also, i didn't say "all" single mothers were easy. just that it was a better target demographic toward which one might invest time and effort.

You're a fucking idiot.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 01:44 PM
actually scot that argument has no water anymore because DC vs. Heller essentially ruled that the militia line doesn't count so in effect the amendment reads "<s>A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,</s> the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

scottytheoneand
07-23-2012, 01:47 PM
If this psycho would have cut up everyone with a chain saw instead of using guns, we wouldn't even be talking about guns today, we'd be talking about chain saws. He could have walked in and set off a bomb, or started a fire and blocked the doors.

You can't take away one thing used for killing, and not look at everything else that can be used as a weapon. It's ridiculous to think that taking guns away is going to stop someone from killing masses of people.

When SF implemented a hand gun ban, the crime rate went up because people got them illegally. And police are just as irresponsible and evil with their weapons too.

not a valid argument. try again. you're spitting out a list of fallacious arguments.

he shot 71 people because he had a god damn machine gun! A MACHINE GUN! If he'd had a chainsaw or a shot gun he couldn't have possibly hurt and killed so many people in that theatre.

I'm not arguing that guns shouldn't be legal. Only that weapons like the AR-15, which are designed specifically for warfare (as an offensive weapon) and killing human beings, shouldn't be legal options for civilians.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 01:52 PM
are you even against keeping a gun at home?

no, i do lend credence to the idea that a government overstepping its bounds and trying to crack down on a populace usually takes away their right to bear arms

i just really don't think people being armed in the theater would have done any good, and in fact i'm convinced it would do more harm.

Starla
07-23-2012, 01:52 PM
not a valid argument. try again. you're spitting out a list of fallacious arguments.

he shot 71 people because he had a god damn machine gun! A MACHINE GUN! If he'd had a chainsaw or a shot gun he couldn't have possibly hurt and killed so many people in that theatre.

I'm not arguing that guns shouldn't be legal. Only that weapons like the AR-15, which are designed specifically for warfare (as an offensive weapon) and killing human beings, shouldn't be legal options for civilians.

And he could have killed more had he set off a bomb, ie: Timothy Mc Veigh

Even if we ban the sell of these guns, people will still get them illegally. What part of that don't you understand?

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 01:53 PM
And police are just as irresponsible and evil with their weapons too.

right so why should we trust private citizens to be responsible with them

Starla
07-23-2012, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
Before I met my wife I discovered that single moms are the best hook up. They really want to get laid and they're down for just about anything. Like anal, ass to mouth, etc. you have to honest, though, and tell them that all you want is sex. If you don't they see you as a potential daddy for their kids and that leads to bad shit.

This is truth for you guys looking for an angle. It works.

Trotskilicious
Even if we ban the sell of these guns, people will still get them illegally.

yeah because of how often these mass shootings happen every other week in countries with tighter gun control laws

i'm sorry if you think this paranoid schizophrenic former microbiology grad student would have figured out some illegal way to get a semi-automatic rifle to kill people in a theater, you're wrong

Starla
right so why should we trust private citizens to be responsible with them

Because not everyone is crazy. Not every gun owner is a fanatic who belongs to the NRA.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 01:56 PM
this country has so many mass shootings that we've started to typify them, school shootings, post office shootings, firing on political rallies, firing on people in a theatre, firing on people on a military base

i mean, COME ON.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Because not everyone is crazy. Not every gun owner is a fanatic who belongs to the NRA.

i'm not sure you are even refuting my point

Starla
07-23-2012, 01:57 PM
this country has so many mass shootings that we've started to typify them, school shootings, post office shootings, firing on political rallies, firing on people in a theatre, firing on people on a military base

i mean, COME ON.

I understand that... but what happens when we remove machine guns? You think this will stop someone from killing masses of people?

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 01:58 PM
you know, considering the alarming frequency of mass shootings in this country and not elsewhere, i would say it wouldn't stop it (for example, Norway), but we certainly wouldn't have this fucking conversation at least once a year

Starla
07-23-2012, 01:58 PM
We'll just end up seeing explosions from IED's and other methods.

scottytheoneand
07-23-2012, 01:59 PM
And he could have killed more had he set off a bomb, ie: Timothy Mc Veigh

which is why you can't buy bombs! And why many explosives are highly regulated.

All I'm talking about is rational regulation of high powered firearms. I'm not talking about banning guns.

Starla
07-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Anyway, I hate the sell of these guns. I really do. I wish there was a solution but there's not.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 02:00 PM
there certainly is but everyone's ego is too fevered to deal with it

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 02:01 PM
We'll just end up seeing explosions from IED's and other methods.

this is really fatalistic

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 02:02 PM
:/ the guy kinda reminds me of alex which makes the thought of the moviegoers being afraid of him really frustrating (ya know, because alex doesn't scare me). he was just a "nerd" with a gun.

Starla
07-23-2012, 02:02 PM
this is really fatalistic

You don't think it's possible? If someone wants a bunch of people to die, they'll find a way. They can release a poison gas on a subway if they want to.

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 02:08 PM
so lets just let it happen?

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 02:10 PM
honestly, to move away from blaming the lack of an assault weapon ban we should take a real hard look at state of mental health care/psychological awareness in this country that lets this guy and jared loughner fall through the cracks and fend for themselves. the amount of people in both cases, particularly the parents, looking the other way even though this person is obviously disturbed is truly shameful.

this country would always prefer to shame people with mental illness rather than help them get the care they need. that's why bums scream obscenities at invisible adversaries on street corners.

yo soy el mejor
07-23-2012, 02:11 PM
good grades =/= good mental health

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 02:13 PM
also batman sucks, outlaw batman

Tchocky
07-23-2012, 02:32 PM
also batman sucks, outlaw batman

http://nerdeux.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/wanted_full.jpg

Tchocky
07-23-2012, 02:36 PM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/120723040516-james-holmes-court-3-t1-main.jpg

Wow.

D.
07-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Yknow, I've been planning to get a handgun for home protection for a really long time but the more time goes by, the least likely it seems I'm actually going to get one.

Tchocky
07-23-2012, 02:42 PM
All of this reminds me of a friend I had a few years back who was a strong advocate of legalizing concealed arms on college campuses. I made a thread about it on here, and yep...five years later, and it seems as idiotic as ever:

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=151235

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 02:45 PM
lol @ corganist talking about heroism and bravery goddamn that guy

do you think he's ever even been in a remotely dangerous situation in his entire life? I bet he'd just piss himself and start crying

Trotskilicious
07-23-2012, 02:48 PM
i love how that thread ends up like all the rest of them, and the end of discussion about the topic: Nothing to be done, this is just "one of those things"

???

whywontyoulistn
07-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Heist. H-e-i-s-t. Not "hiest". If you're going to report on Catwoman, you could at least have the decency to spell it right.

D.
07-23-2012, 02:56 PM
I believe my house is haunted so I'm going to go out on a limb and say Im probably not the guy to have a deadly* weapon.

*pun intended.

Tchocky
07-23-2012, 02:57 PM
i love how that thread ends up like all the rest of them, and the end of discussion about the topic: Nothing to be done, this is just "one of those things"

???

"But time flows like a river...and history repeats..."