View Full Version : st #16: gish

mpp
07-04-2012, 07:29 PM
And I wonder if it matters to me...

Shallowed
07-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Crush has cool lyrics but Siva is definitely my favourite from Gish. One of my favourite SP songs ever actually. It's very definitive of the style of what the band were playing at the time.

CrabbMan
07-04-2012, 10:10 PM
I think Rhinoceros is probably the first great work of the Pumpkins with their signature pianoforte style.

reprise85
07-04-2012, 10:35 PM
snail. first SP epic

ghost-mutt
07-05-2012, 02:10 AM
have to go with snails

mpp
07-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Crush has cool lyrics but Siva is definitely my favourite from Gish. One of my favourite SP songs ever actually. It's very definitive of the style of what the band were playing at the time.

yeah, it kinda has to be siva right? that song is just killer

DeadOpera
07-05-2012, 10:41 AM
bury me in blood

DeusExMachina
07-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Snail easily gets my vote, too. Even though it lasts only about a second I think the way Billy sings "when the sun shines climbs through your window into your bed" is incredibly beautiful. That part always really stands out for me in that song.

Slug
07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
I was lost between Bury Me and Snail, but finally decided that Oceania is better which I suppose is not entirely true. Do I need to burn these lies off my soul or is it ok?

stumpycat
07-06-2012, 01:28 AM
I was lost between Bury Me and Snail, but finally decided that Oceania is better which I suppose is not entirely true. Do I need to burn these lies off my soul or is it ok?

Why is it that you Eastern Europeans always have weird ass tastes/preferences when it comes to Smashing Pumpkins?

Slug
07-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Why is it that you Eastern Europeans always have weird ass tastes/preferences when it comes to Smashing Pumpkins?

Do you mean that the ending of Bury Me isn't great or are you just generalizing upon my comment?

Venom
07-07-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm Going Crazy not getting any love?

Slug
07-07-2012, 04:56 PM
I just want him to describe these weird ass preferences of eastern europeans.

mpp
07-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Do you mean that the ending of Bury Me isn't great or are you just generalizing upon my comment?

um

top 10 sp moment, easily

guys to thread (and chicks): can you play it?

stumpycat
07-08-2012, 12:25 AM
I just want him to describe these weird ass preferences of eastern europeans.
It seems like they (Russian Iha, CROPUMPKINS, that guy who was anti-cropumpkins, etc.) are always espousing opinions which seem almost deliberately contrarian to the taste of other Pumpkins fans because of their seeming outlandishness (e.g. WOCOAN was one of the best songs off MCIS...Machina/Zeitgeist/Oceania is some of the greatest music lately and better than X classic Pumpkins record...comments of that nature.) Things that seem frankly bizarre and make them seem as though they've been deprived of rock music wherever they live and thus are simply desperate to like something. I guess a sort of similiar phenomenon was how non-American Pumpkins fans actually seemed to react far more positively towards Adore when it was released...as though they were more accepting of the style of music in general.